Speaker 1: The dog days of summer means it's time for the boards of summer to kick in the gear and the best way to cash in on your baseball IQ is with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Never bet on baseball before. It's simple. Pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odd mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Cold Shannon that's Cold Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only.
Speaker 2: On Draft Kings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: UFC three to nineteen is blowing back to the Windy City for the first time in six years. Check out the fight card and get in on all the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of UFC.
Speaker 2: And if you're new to DraftKings, check this out.
Speaker 1: New customers who bet five dollars will get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Don't miss out on all the action of UFC three to nineteen. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app now use coach Shannon. That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us again on this beautiful Saturday afternoon for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me, I'm your favorite unk.
Speaker 1: Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host, got the Little One, senting on his lap, Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree Madden, Ratings Adjuster, Pro Bowler All Pro. That's Chad O Jo Sinko Johnson. Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, do us a favor go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support. It's because of you we've been able to accomplish all we've been able to come with your Nightcap and thanks to you, we'll be able to accomplish even more so, thank you again for your support. My Kangyak Lapotier has a new drop, and this one is very very personal to me. I've created a limited dish release to honor my brother Sterlings for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's not just a bottle, it's a tribute. It's a celebration of a legacy. And once they're gone, they are gone. The Hall of Fame edition is officially live. Just head over to Laportier dot com and grab yours while supplies last. Don't miss your chance at a piece of history in this very very special moment.
Speaker 2: Please make sure.
Speaker 1: You go follow my media company on all of this platform, Shayshed Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: We've got a very very special person joining us right now.
Speaker 2: She's running unbelievable times.
Speaker 1: She's fit, she's extremely fast, and I'm expecting big things of her at the World Championships in Tokyo later in about six weeks. Lissen Jefferson wouldn't will be joining us a bit later. All the way from Poland. So we want to thank you Melissa for joining us. We look forward to talking to you very very shortly. But first show, we got to get back to the Dylan Brooks. Dylan brook Dyln Gabriel. He completed eight of his first nine passes, threw a pick six bad decision, but was later credit with a fumble on the box and off. After the game, he made some very very interesting comments. He said, they're entertainers and their competitors, and my job is to compete. He tried to clarify later at the press are saying he meant the media or the entertainers and a competitor, and he's a competitor. But and he wasn't taking a shot at the door. But the damage was done. Everybody knows what he meant by because you know why, I don't unless you take off.
Speaker 2: You remember Moregon what the head coach said when they played Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't chat. I don't I don't want to do him like that. I'm want to I want to give Dylan Gabriel a little grace, a little little understanding, because I don't. I don't think a college kid coming in as a rookie in the NFL will take that kind of shot out of a teammate that he's competing with for a job. I just don't see I don't see it. I see it as as is him when he says entertainers in the aspect where he said it's the media. I'm not sure how you use the medias as the entertainers, but the way the media stirs the pot and creates the ruckus and all he does is compete, I see. I see it from that sense. I don't see him as I'm not even sure if he's that type of person, that type of type of individual even had that kind of savvy to say something like that publicly as brash uh in that moment. So I'm gonna give him a little grace. I think Dylan Gabriel actually played well. He played well. You know what he did though those those first few drive driving driving the team down the field. He made some really good throws. He was poison in the pocket. Uh. He had commanded the offense obviously, the pick six for one. He has to see that there are two people. Somebody ran the wrong route. Two people in the same place never happens. There always has to be spacing on all concepts when it comes to run the routes. So as a quarterback, you have to see that all right, there are two players in the wrong place. Don't make a bad play, even worse by even throwing the ball. You should just chuck that out of bounds. You're already outside the park anyway, new down. So that that, I think he's gonna be fine getting those reps in. And it's all about making plays of the quarterback position. But how consistent can you bleed? And so when some sometimes there's a chance you can make something not of nothing, and there's sometimes you can't. And I thought, I thought he played. He played okay, you play he played really well.
Speaker 1: I disagree with you. I think he was taking the shot. When if we ever thought about the media those beat riders as entertainers. We've heard his coach he was on the team when said.
Speaker 3: Can't you can't. You can't tie him and his coach together as if they have the same mind as there as if they're one.
Speaker 1: You can't name the time you've ever heard someone say there are entertainers and they are competitors, and I'm here to compete.
Speaker 2: Tell me the time.
Speaker 3: Listen, let's say if let's say he's taking a shot at Shador, right, at what point he's he been entertainer. He's a he's a football player as well.
Speaker 1: But we've heard people say that's what he's more interested in doing.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just curious we okay, say he's more interested in entertaining quarterback.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying he is. I'm saying that's what people have said about Shador. Okay, about entertaining. About that anti okay, I see, I see what you're going. I see if you're going. Plus, we've heard this before, and sometimes it seeps. It seeps out when you've been around people and they perceive other people as that. If you're not careful, you will repeat what you heard someone say.
Speaker 3: Something wrong with it. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: He didn't have to say that. He didn't all these says. Look, I'm here to compete. Whatever happens happened. It doesn't matter if I'm first team, second team, third team, a fourth team. My job is to compete. Why did he have to throw the entertainer aspect in him that everybody is entertainer.
Speaker 2: That's what football lives. Everybody is entertainers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, you're right. It's an entertainment sport. It's entertainment that he might have been taking a shot at me. Shit, no, I know, but.
Speaker 1: He can't compete with you. He can't compete with you. I disagree, Chad. I don't know what you guys think, but I think he I think he was trying to take a solo shot because if he wasn't, why are you trying to clear it up?
Speaker 3: Why are you trying to Obviously, once once you say something like that, it ruffles all the feathers, and then it comes back.
Speaker 2: To why are you ruffling? It ain't nothing you telling me.
Speaker 3: The choice of words, his choice of words, it ruffle feathers because that's probably not what he actually meant. I honestly think it was an honest mistake because he's not let me stay with me real quick, let me say something, let me say something real quick. He is not media savvy with the mic in front of him like a Tom Brady. He's not media savvy like.
Speaker 1: A quarterback, a quarterback at the University of or No.
Speaker 3: No, he just not, because if he was, he wouldn't have said what he said. There's a there's a way you go about doing things, and he hasn't learned it yet. He's not savage like that yet.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes you get caught up in the moment you playing. Well, it's the middle of the game. Oh Joe, you gotta realize now you're right there in that moment. Sometimes when emotion is how, logic is low and you're feeling good is a a they're entertainers and I'm am, and competitors and I'm here to compete. Oh, he's like, oh if he if it meant nothing by that, nobody would have nobody would have said anything about it. Nobody would have thought, would not even a thought, would not even batter than that. But they took it. Most people took it. I believe the way he intended it right. That he's not he's not fancy, he's not here entertaining. He's a competitor. I don't know what he thinks you're doing there to do. I believe too things they're not mutually exclusive. Floyd Floyd Mayweather was an entertainer, but he was a competitor. Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James. They're entertainers, but they're competitors. Steph Curry. All that dancing and turning around, he's shooting the shot, look at it before it goes in. That's entertainment, but he's a damn beer's competitor. Yes, So to try to make those two things mutually exclusive, it's just not true.
Speaker 2: I believe you can do both of them. But I believe he took me.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, and if I'm wrong, I apologize, But I believe he took at that.
Speaker 3: I do. I'm and honestly, you want you want me to tell the truth, And I mean here, I don't even think he has the balls to be able to say something like that out the blue. That's how that's how I know. I mean, he doesn't. He doesn't carry himself like that, especially come out of college. If he was that type of player, if he showed that kind of like if it was think about this, think about Johnny min Stale in college right about Yes may Field in college right now, if it was one of them that said something like that, I'd be like, Yeah, he's definitely taking a shot at Shador. But he's never shown any signs of being uh as Brad.
Speaker 1: When has he ever been in competition? When has he ever been in competition? He wasn't gonna be Justin Herbert out, so he wasn't in competition. When did the When was the last time Dylan Gaber was in a quarterback competition?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, simp you te coffee whatever that is? Yeah, go ahead and sapt that. So now now back to our originally scheduled programming. When was the last time Dylan Gaber was in a quarterback competition?
Speaker 3: I don't even exactly.
Speaker 1: Because think about it. How many yards had he passed for? Do you know how many? You know how long you got to be in college to pass for themount of yards that he passed for. Justin Herbert has been in the league how long? Because didn't he take up with Justin Herbert in twenty twenty? So Dylan Gabriel has been in the lead, been he's been to starting quarterback since what twenty one? No, he came from Oklahoma, then Cabril come from Oklahoma. He transferred from Oklahoma. So he's been Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: He transferred from Oklahoma. Are you telling me he ran from competition?
Speaker 2: No, he ran to the money.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, okay okay, okay, okay, okay okay.
Speaker 2: Okay one two.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: So he started at u UCF. Oh, he started at UCF for three years. He was two years in Oklahoma and then he spent one year at at at Oregon.
Speaker 3: Okay okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's bow Knicks. That was both Knicks. I apologize. That was bod Knicks. That was there when the coach remember when they played Cuohoe and the QUARTERBA and say he's what did he say Instagram someone to try to get followers. They tried to get clicks and followers and we're trying to win football game.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right. That was then organ coach. I remember that. I remember that that was an Orgon coach.
Speaker 1: But Dylan I apologized. That wasn't Dylan Gabriel. That was bow Knicks. That was his quarterback at the time.
Speaker 3: He said, see okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But you got it.
Speaker 1: But again for me, when was the last time Daling Dalan Gabriel was in a quarterback competition?
Speaker 2: He was three years that he was three years that you.
Speaker 1: Seem he was two years at Oklahoma and one year at what is so six years? So in six years of college football? Yeah, three years that you see up, two years of Oklahoma one year and about time ben them guys, we gotten getting seven and eight years old, Joe. You see the guy thirty two? What a COVID year. So he gave everybody the nextra year if you wanted it. But listen, obviously, what the chant, what the chat said?
Speaker 2: The chat? Well, who the chat believe he took.
Speaker 3: The ain't know, ain't open the phone, hold on. I'm curious to see what the chat said. With the chat, would think they are saying. The check is saying. I believe he's throwing shade. I thought football was a brotherhood. I never seen him do that. I don't need it. He lost his job, Oh he lost his job. Oh you he got hurt of you? Oh shoot, well, but it looks like it's like a mix. It's a mix on how everybody feels. Go ahead, you want something, go ahead?
Speaker 2: Were putting the replacing the poll up.
Speaker 1: I just think the thing was look and I think the thing is because don't yo, what it is is normally we don't get this. We don't normal normally be interviewing, especially if you're playing different Now normally they get you, they get you don't have you know, in the preseason game, if you're not playing, they'll get you a can we get a few words? Yeah, it's excited. You know, got some work in, knocked up, some of the knocked some of the dust or rust, and now it's time for the younger guys and other guys to get an opportunity to know what they can do. I'm sure the coaches are excited about that. Hopefully everybody came out injury free. We'll see after the game, so forth and song. But hell, everybody out there to compete. I mean, you do realize, like in pro sports, it's all about Hey, it's all about I think. I think whether you're competing in your locker room or you're competing against the other locker room, but you always in competition.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, every every week, every week, yes, every day.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I think he understands that. That's why I said, I'm giving him grace. And obviously I think you've given him too much credit. You've given him too much credit for those are the people that think he was actually taking it, taking a shot at Shador. I think we've given him too much credit to think it would come out and do something like that publicly, or to even slip up or even you know, I just don't. I just don't think that's him.
Speaker 2: Oh. Eighty eight percent said it was a shot. Twelve percent said it was not.
Speaker 3: Maybe y'all, maybe y'all see it different, because I wouldn't paint it like that honestly, you know. I mean, I mean, if you're gonna say something, you know, if if there if there's no address on it, you don't have no destination. If there's no address on it, it doesn't have a destination. So I'm not I'm not doing no riddles the same you know, doctor Seuss or cat and hat.
Speaker 2: If you how about this here coming out.
Speaker 1: How many front office people you think said exactly what Dylan Gabriel said. He's more in the entertainment and doing all this and all those antics that competing.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, I'm picking you. Listen, I'm picking up what you're putting down now. Now now you're making now you're making a little sense to me, I'm putting down I don't like that because I don't like that, because that's a part of the game. It's always been a part of the game. It's never been a part of the game at that specific position. Thought that position always because when you pick that position, when you pay him the kind of money you pay him, not only you represent the shield, you represent the team in the organization as well. You are the face of a franchise. Yes, so I understand and that Okay, I'm with you. Now, I'm with you. I'm with you.
Speaker 2: You look at it. Dad.
Speaker 1: He was the ultimate entertainer, but what was one of the most one of the fiercest competitors. M He believed that you know what prime time, that's what you paid to see. You paid me to see all the antics that you know, Hey, get it up. You know he danced before they put him or kicked the ball to him. He got the ball up behind, he got his hand behind his head. I got to entertain, y'all. Ain't it ain't good enoughing for me to just get a pick. It ain't good enough. No no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no no, that's not enough. You can get anybody can do that. I want to be out going. I want to be braggadocious.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I want you to know who and what I that sounds for. That sounds for me, don't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The stats Week one, Shoulduel was fourteen to twenty three, one fifty seven, two touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Dylan Gabriel was thirteen of eighteen one four uh.
Speaker 1: With uh total yards total yards Okay, one hundred and fifty seven total yards one forty four for Gabriel.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Shaudor had two touchdowns, no turnovers UH and Dylan Gabriel had no touchdowns and two turnovers. He had a pig and a fumble. Look, I thought, I thought he played like you said. I thought he played a good game with the exception of the turnover that that bad interception. But but do you know what the say I noticed the first thing I said, I said, damn he tiny.
Speaker 3: Oh he's small.
Speaker 1: You think I'm like, oh my god, miss Baker. No, hell no, he wish you man bad. Huh. They listed at five to eleven.
Speaker 3: Five, right youngest. Yeah, be about the same. So obviously the fan sky and and the way that they would run a completely different offense if they had Dylan Gabriel starting as opposed to do it or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta roll him out because he's small. You need to put him outside so you can see he can he can.
Speaker 3: See the pocket. You gotta roll the pocket or boom, have him in the goddamn gun all the time. One of the one is the other. But if Baker, if Baker Mayfield could be successful doing it, obviously the weaponry around him, I mean he should be. He should be able to succeed as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a Baker man, I don't I don't think people give Baker enough credit. Baker is a really good thrower on the football. You don't win the Hedsman Trophy like he did get that team to the college football playoffs.
Speaker 2: And and and and and and.
Speaker 1: Now now that he's in a system and now he's with coaches that allows him to be Baker, He's been to Pro Bowls's, he's Baker is a better throw of the football than than than than I think we give him credit for, or we gave him credit for, especially now that he's in a system and he's with coaches that believe in him and will allow him to be himself. We'll see what that look. Dylan Gabriel did throw four tony yards. I will not take that away from him. Over sixteen thousand yards. I mean, Helly played six years, so he's.
Speaker 2: I mean damn. I'm like you o, your like, damn, six years?
Speaker 3: Ain't so?
Speaker 2: How old is he?
Speaker 1: If he played six years, he got to be like twenty four possible now, oh yeah, no, they got he's twenty four? Oh, Joe, I was. I was twenty one. I turned twenty two after I got drafted. So he already I mean, so helly Brice young age. He might be older than Bryce. Yeah, he bright young age. It's gotta be bright young age.
Speaker 3: Damn. And that's that's funny. That's that's funny. Like I'm I'm I'm baffled. I'm a poll.
Speaker 1: You baffled. Hold on, let me let me see what you're baffled. Are you baffled that he played six years and he's twenty four? Or you baffled that the chat believes along with that. I believe that he was taking it, she was throwing shade or taking a shot, that.
Speaker 2: Both or all of the above.
Speaker 3: Some of the above above, because honestly, I think y'all, y'all get y'all giving the mother for dogget y'all giving somebody too much credit. You give him too much credit, too much credit to say, I'm gonna be brash enough to see it and talk about someone that is on my team and take a shot and not in it, and then no, that's that's giving him too much credit as if he's a masterminded in media savvy and knowing how to.
Speaker 1: That's the point. He didn't think about it. He didn't think clearly enough. Sometimes sometimes we have to be careful of what we say around others because guess what we get on here or we get on TV, and then something that we're talking about in the barbershop or we're talking about it'll come out because sometimes you forget where you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I think listen, young Young Bull played, he played, he played well outside of you played perception for six and the fumble in which it wasn't his fault on the fumble because the guy I'm looking at the replay, I'm trying to figure ot why the running back and got his goddamn OI arm. What are you doing? He looking? He looking straight ahead instead of you know, luck come on man, typing up man. But outside of that, listen, hey who they playing next week?
Speaker 2: Who the Browns play? It's the last game.
Speaker 3: You ain't got to tell mewce I heard I heard you before you even.
Speaker 1: And they normally play on They're probably gonna play on Thursday. Right, they play Saturday, play Saturday against the Round.
Speaker 3: Listen, all hands on deck, All hands on deck. I'm not sure what they're gonna do. I'm not sure what they're gonna do. I'm excited. I'm excited because I love I love a healthy competition. I love a healthy competition.
Speaker 2: I don't believe they're keeping all these quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I don't know, yoe, Hey, listen there, I mean the Saints. Never mind. I ain't gonna do that. I ain't gonna be rude. I'm not gonna be rude. I'm not gonna be rude.
Speaker 2: Do you believe they're gonna keep all these quarterbacks?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm gonna be honest with you. You played the game a very long time. I played the game a very long time. I can't remember a scenario where there were four quarterbacks on the team. I can remember every scenario there was always three, always three. So if there was an odd man out to me thinking, yeah, you think if there was gonna be one. And that's simply maybe because of the injury right now and not being able to showcase it, not being able to showcase much, you know, and no disrespect to Kenny. You know you had an opportunity at Pittsburgh. Obviously in Philly there's no there's no way you're gonna start in front of the Jamien Hurts. But I mean, why would the why would they not keep it?
Speaker 1: Yes, baby, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think to the food comes for your food, your chicken nuggets.
Speaker 2: Okay, four quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: New England kept four quarterbacks in two thousand, but it's a different to you right now. Coach Belichick said he was worried that if he released Tom somebody yes.
Speaker 3: Sign and that's exactly what would have happened.
Speaker 1: And you got to say, and you would have to sign him to the actor. They would de sign him to the active roster. So he didn't want to run that risk. So the fel they stashed for quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But I agree with you, and and and and and this situation, the way it's currently constructed, I don't see a scenario where you keep four active quarterbacks. Now, you might have two quarterbacks and one of the practice squad guys, and then you, let's say, for the sake of argument, somebody getting nicked, you might bring him up you might elevate it. But to have four active quarterbacks, and that means you're gonna probably have to go without a wide receiver or a swing offensive lineman or a rotational defensive lineman or cornerback and one of those. And those guys are guys that can play special teams. Those are the guys that can play the punt, punt return, kick kick return. Your quarterback's not doing that. And so basically, if you keep that many positions, he can only he's only playing one position, where the other guys that I mentioned the other positions can play two positions. So because normally your guy that can play the guard, he can play the tackle if need be, he can play the he tackled, he could play the d n but he could also be.
Speaker 2: On field goal, field goal block, things of that nature.
Speaker 3: Why we're talking about we don't know who they gonna take it. Hell, let's play goddamn Devil's Advocate. Then let's play Devil's as advocate. Has them already said what you got to say? Andrew Barry knows that he's a genius in being able to get in the fifth round.
Speaker 1: You Stefanski, who you want, whoever has them won't.
Speaker 3: Damn you for real? Yeah, wait, as a as as a as a coach, as a head coach, you're going to choose just because of whatever personal vendetta has them may have to say some of the things he said, You're gonna put your job on the line for somebody you know isn't better than the person that he doesn't want.
Speaker 1: If that man said, let me ask you a question. When you got your did you ever get did you ever get a physical copy of your check?
Speaker 2: Or was your money always directed?
Speaker 3: But I got the Uh, I went upstairs and Noise got the physical.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what when you went to O. T.
Speaker 1: A's and you got those with those depovertyes because last I checked when I got my check, and always say the Denver Broncos football Club, and and and that thing to the left it said Pat d Both Okay, that thing said the Cleveland Browns Football Club, Jimmy probably Jimmy and d Hasler. Now you want to ask me that again, which one do I want?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I got you know what? Okay, the fact that I sat here and forgot the person that said what he said in the position of power that they were in. My bad You're right, yeah, yeah, but yeah, maybe that's the problem. You know, can I can I ask you a question my lack of knowledge and nor mister hasn't like that. How long has he been and.
Speaker 2: He brought it.
Speaker 1: From the learners? I think he brought it from He's been there probably what fifteen years? Ah, I think he's on the Browns for about fifteen years.
Speaker 3: He's on the four minute, so he's been there fifteen years at least years later, they're still looking for what.
Speaker 2: QB.
Speaker 3: But we're supposed to take it, Okay, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: You're right, thirteen years so you've been there since twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: From the Learner family, right.
Speaker 3: Are we supposed to take his work? Okay?
Speaker 2: Well? Oh, Joe, I mean.
Speaker 1: In the limited Snakets series, a series of unfortunate events happened, you know, he thought they had their quarterback. I went to the movie with Jim Carret, my pool. My daughter, she's ready. She read the whole series. That's what she got for Christmas. One year. They thought they had their quarterback. But it was a series of unfortunate events that you know, shoulder a key, leads and things of that nature. But it's not easy it's not easy finding a quarterback. It Actually, it might be the hardest thing to do inational sports.
Speaker 3: It is. I think, you know what can I can I say something real quick? Say something real quick. I'm gonna give you the three hardest things in life to do. Chat y'all write this down to chat. I'm gonna give y'all two seconds to grab a pin. The three hardest things they like to do. Number one is an NFL team find a quarterback that can be a franchise quarterback for ten years or more. Okay, that's one. Number two, trying to hit a baseball coming at you ninety five miles an hour on a consistent basis, that's two. Three Okay, try keeping a woman happy long term outside outside of the honeymoon phase. Them the three hardest things doing life. Now, you got some, You got some some couples you know they be fifteen Oh we've been doing this fifteen seventeen years. Yeah, yeah, pretending you ain't fool of me. You smile the picture behind closed door, you're all going, I can't stand you. Don't get me started. While I sat next to a married couple to day, They've been married thirty two years, so I was nosy. I don't mean you.
Speaker 2: Had to ask them how y'all been together that long?
Speaker 3: I had to be nosed. I say, well, after the thirty two years you've been married, how many of those years have y'all been happy? H You wont to know how many years of those? How many those years you've been happy or they've been happy together? How many the first three?
Speaker 1: I don't think any couple can say they've been happy. They're days. If a couple tell you they've been married ten years, fifteen years, twenty years that they've been happy all the year, no, they're days. Now there are more days that I'm happy then I'm sad or disappointed.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: See, they got in depth. I just don't have that kind of time because I don't want to switch topic to be on football. I was just using that analogy and just just bringing bringing in context to it. A couple of ye and he said the husband said to me and the wife, they they were in agreeance and I was enjoying. It was like I was at therapist, and I said, they said, the honeymoon phase lasted for three years in the marriage, and after that we have just been I forgot the word. She used. She used the word when when you just gosh, I forgot word she used. That's the word. We're just coabitating, and I don't want to start over, and I refuse to deal with anyone else. So we and it's lasted thirty three. I'm like, God, what God damn well, congradulations y'all, But could I tell you what I got from that?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: I don't care because I'm getting married anyway.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is yoe. And you see this a lot. I mean, you see a lot of couples do this. The kids get out, their kids get out of high school, the kids graduate college, what they do they split, they go to school. There's because sometimes because sometimes they look at it like, well, we ain't really got anything else to be together for now the kids grown.
Speaker 3: Hey, you think people stay together? You think people stay together when they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure absolutely absolutely yes, yes yeah.
Speaker 3: What hey, you're not talking not our people, you talking about the other side.
Speaker 2: Sometimes stay together.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, yes, people stay together for kids, yayy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes it's eat.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's easier to stay together because you know you can pull your money together. It's going to be much harder apart. You see this a lot in in in the professional settings. What what women will tolerate in a professional setting with the money?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, hey listen, come on. The the longer the money, No, no, no, wait hey baby, you're doing Hold on, I'm plugging up for you. Hold on, she don' unplugged. My term of life off. The longer, the longer the money, The longer the leash. It's always been that way. And if and if and if you depending on how serious it is, the longer, the longer you with you, and if you happen to marry him, and then they're oh no, no, you're good. And what you're crying for? Oh my goodness, No, you're good, you're good. I'm gonna plug it up. The longer you with them, and they ready to leave as long as they're taking something with them. They're taking something with them. They're not leaving without it, not without that lifestyle. Right yeah, I mean, you know how it's the game is the game. It's always been the game. You gotta how to play it, man, that's all Come on a the Chargers.
Speaker 1: So it's door week one, fourteen to twenty three. He had one hundred and fifty seven total yards two touchdowns, zero interceptions. Dylan Gabriel reak two thirteen of eighteen, one forty four total yards, zero for two, zero touchdowns, to turnover, pick six and a fumble that was credited to him. So and after the game, Stefanski was like, he refused to like, you know, I'm not doing this evaluation. Well who played there? So who did better than that? We'll go back, we'll look at the film and we'll do our proper evaluation and we'll you know, it'll be interesting to see chap when they hit the field on Monday or Tuesday, when they back at the regular practice. What is the scott what is the the sequence one, two, three, four?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: What's the slot where they slotted where the quarterback slotted. Maybe that tells us something, Maybe that tells us nothing.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Who starts week three? How much playing time do they get? Does he get in week three? Uh, it's it would be It's gonna be very very interesting to see there that their evail, their evaluation from week one to week two. I'm sure there are some things both guys did extremely really well. Uh, some things they would like to have back. I'm sure the coaches will you know, give them a rundown of what they would like they have seen them do what they'd like to see them do better. Uh, But overall, I think both guys played extremely well and should feel proud of the performance that.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. I'm excited. I'm excited to see what happens. I wouldn't want to be I wouldn't want to be Brown's personnel. I wouldn't want to be Sefanski because listen, depending on who they pick and who they choose, the backlash that they're gonna get, it's gonna be crazy. It's gonna it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not sure Sefansk has any control over the field.
Speaker 3: Well, honestly, if he doesn't, how is the head coach not going to have control over who's gonna put out there on the field. And he's the one got a coach something.
Speaker 2: Easy? You think?
Speaker 1: You think you think Ryan shot and Himer had control of the fighting fifty three in Dallas. You think the circus, that's a different circus.
Speaker 3: It's a difference.
Speaker 1: You have to like come in with you have to be Andy Reid to get Mike Tomlin. You you've got to put some year. It's unless you're like highly sought after. Now yeah, uh say Kyle Shanahan, You're you're naming all the coaches.
Speaker 3: They're allowed to pick the players they want because they're successful. Do you know why they're success because of the players.
Speaker 2: That they have.
Speaker 1: They're successful because ownership let them let stay out.
Speaker 2: Of their bust.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Google, that's a food, that's your food, Jim Harbaugh. Right, Oh yeah, he's another one. They're they're consistent winners no matter where they are.
Speaker 1: And he came so sought after, So you have to give up something besides money in order to tice him to.
Speaker 2: Leave the University of Michigan. Uh.
Speaker 1: Ben Johnson cames highly touted, he's offensive coordinated for the Lions the Bears. You got to give him something to get him to leave besides money. And uh So it's gonna be very very interesting to see how this thing shapes up for the Cleveland Browns. But I don't believe, Chad, I don't believe there's no way all for the these quarterbacks are on the roster, the active roster opening day. We could find out a little bit more because there might be a situation where Kenny Pickett doesn't even take a snap in the regular season, and.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: That's all I can say, because, like I said, it had been interesting to see if all these quarterbacks were healthy.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, if the.
Speaker 1: Door starts, if Pickett was healthy, with Picket have started, we don't know, and we won't ever know because guess what the game's over with and who started is who started. But I don't believe opening day all four of these quarterbacks are on the active roster. Oh Joe Anthony Richardson Senior saw his most extensive preseason action yet after sustaining a dislocated finger in Week one against the Ravens. Richison completed six of eleven passes for seventy three yards, but his numbers were undermined by penalties. He started five or six for sixty four yards, leading a ninety yard touchdown drive with Chris passes. Offensive penally derailed the next two possessions in the including the gating of thirty eight yard completion. Daniel Jones started the game, started the game and led the field go drive, completing seven of eleven four hundred and one yards. Coach's head coach Shane Stikeen strongly suggested after the game that the decision is imminent in his team's month long quarterback battle. I've seen obviously three weeks of it, so I like to have a decision here shortly. I'm very close. I'll say that I'm very very close. O Joe, Who's week one starter?
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, the way he's looking, you know it's Daniel Jones. It's Daniel Jones. I think even even if Anthony Richardson's finger hadn't gotten hurt, I think that's what they want to go with all along. Anyway, I think there have been issues there with him the first two years. Obviously they haven't seen them movement necessary, especially with year three always being the make or break year, and when I'm assuming so, especially with the way that the coach is talking, I don't like it. Then you signed Daniel Jones one year, fourteen million that much one year. They definitely, they definitely were going in the other direction regards what Anthony richard had would have done in camp or what he would have done in the game, Like how much better are you going to be from the first two years coming into the third.
Speaker 2: There's only so much There's only so much work.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's not going to be a miracle. You you look a certain way year one, you look a certain way year two, and then all of a sudden year three, you're gonna come back and just be oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what they were expecting.
Speaker 1: They were expected, they respect, they were expecting a monumental jump because you in your third year in the system.
Speaker 3: Okay, understandable, understanding.
Speaker 1: And he got hit in the face with a bliss that he should have got hit in the face with as a rookie of the third year vet right.
Speaker 2: And so look, like I said, oh Joe, we're not there, Chad.
Speaker 1: If I was there, if I was there and observing practice, i'd be able to tell you who I think should be the starting quarterback. But unfortunately, all the thing I could do is based on what we've seen thus far. And look, and I don't think it's like it's a situation where like, oh this is oh, this is it.
Speaker 2: Stone. I don't think it's one of those situations.
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 1: But I think it's a situation where you know, like you said, at some point in time, you're gonna have to give one of these guys the majority of the rip so shoe.
Speaker 2: You can't keep.
Speaker 3: Saying you already know where they're going. You know the game they planed. You knew the game they were playing when they brought Daniel Jones in for that, for that amount of money, for that amount of money on a one year deal. I already knew the game was lay what baby? Well, Papa, Okay, okay, I'm gonna call Papa for you what she wants you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: So you got Daniel Jones. It's interested chat y'all think it's gonna be Daniel Jones. Do y'all think it's gonna be uh, Anthony Richardson Senior. It's not like either one of the guys just blowing you away.
Speaker 3: I mean, were you you're up you're upstairs? Yeah, yeah, she's uh, she's all right. I'm gonna just come come to fourteen seventeen, fourteen fourteen seventeen. Collet it up, all right, I want to see, all right, Papa coming to get you because you're not letting Daddy work. Daddy working.
Speaker 1: You want, you want to say, I don't get to see that that much to begin with. So I don't care about you working.
Speaker 2: Now. That's what I think about you working? Who did, uh oh.
Speaker 3: Here it is, oh about coming.
Speaker 1: Okay, they played it, they played They played the Packers today.
Speaker 3: Uh you were you were you able to watch all the games?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey they need they need to they need to put the games on one channel.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, first of all, oh, you know it's the preseason, so basically you're gonna get only the only you'll be able to watch the local game.
Speaker 2: Uh so, but I guess you know they got it.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have it fixed where you'll be able to uh once you play pay all that money gonna cost you a by two thousand dollars to watch all the games that much.
Speaker 2: And you know, yeah, you gotta get every streaming service.
Speaker 3: Everything is not everything is on one service now right on my trip. And I thought that was a whole point.
Speaker 2: You trippy, you trippy.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm excited, bro.
Speaker 1: So Daniel Daniel Jones started the game, huh or.
Speaker 2: At the Richardson started the game.
Speaker 3: I think Daniel Jones did.
Speaker 1: Start Ay one was seven of eleven for one hundred and one yards. At the Richards was six of eleven for seventy three yards. I think that's Riley Leonard seven or twelve or sixty four yards. Daniel Jones started, he started, okay, he started game two after Richardson started game one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they went back and forth to make sure each person got the opportunity.
Speaker 2: And he says, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he says, I've seen obviously three weeks of it, so I like to have a decision here shortly. And I'm very close. I'll say that I'm very close. I think he's seen enough. Damn, I think he's all. I think he has his mind made up that who he who he wants to start. I'm leaning towards you see, why bring a guy? Why bring a guy in to make fourteen million dollars and it happened to be.
Speaker 3: The backup totally totally.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not like Daniel Jones had his pick of choice to where you go. I mean, not for that kind.
Speaker 3: Of money, absolutely not, But that that lets you know how in dire need of a quarterback that the Coats were. You saw, you saw what you saw, You saw what you saw in New York and say, you know what, we're gonna bring you in to compete as we don't think our quarterback going into year three has figured it out. And yet but hell, you didn't figure out when you're being in New York. But we think you're gonna come here and all of a sudden something supposed to change. So two wrongs don't make it right.
Speaker 2: Two folds.
Speaker 1: I think they really want because they bring a quarterback in for a million. Let's just say, for the sake of argument on YO, they bring a back up in and they're gonna pay him four million dollars. You're not gonna take that serious man, that ain't going on no bench for no guy making fourteen for four million, you bring.
Speaker 2: A guy in making fourteen fourteen. Now you know they.
Speaker 3: Seriously sitting on no bench. I can tell you that fourteen is not sitting in a bench. They talking about quarterback controversy. They talking about quarterback battle. There is no quarterback battle. If the quarterback coming from another team makes that kind of money on a one year deal.
Speaker 1: He probably making more than after richardson this year. What's after Richards and Basin only in this third year?
Speaker 3: Unk, it's not that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he got a book, his contract is full of guarantee. But he got probably the most of his money on the signing bonus, so he probably got twenty five million dollars on the signing bonus. So Joe, So Anthon richards are probably making what eight million dollars this year?
Speaker 2: Right? Four million? He making three point eight You know what?
Speaker 1: So one guy making three point eight million, the other guy making fourteen million. Do you think they're gonna put the guy that's on that's making fourteen.
Speaker 2: Million on the man? You know what?
Speaker 3: You know what I don't like, though, hold on.
Speaker 2: Is his money guaranteed, that they guarantee his money?
Speaker 1: No Jones, Yo, you know after Richardson got thirty four million guaranteed. Heyeah, his money guaranteed, he gonna get. He got twenty two million signs, so he gonna get that final twelve.
Speaker 3: I'm mad because Anthony Richardson, it's supposed to be like Josh, let me get this out, go ahead. Anthony Richard is supposed to be like Josh Allen. Anthony Richard is supposed to be like a new version of Cam Newton, like I guess the kind of potential and in like I don't, I don't know at what point what went wrong or what's happened if he's not focused, if he's not locked in after this year, after this year, Anthony Richardson is supposed to be going to the table for when those two hundred and fifty three hundred million dollars deals. Yes, I agree, that is what I saw in him coming out of Florida based on the eye test and what I'm looking at all the intangibles. Does everything right, except when do you see that?
Speaker 1: I was shocked. I was shocked that he moved up the draft boards. I like, But see, Ojo, go back and watch the tape, right, you see?
Speaker 2: You see what happened.
Speaker 1: Now you see some people watch tape and if somebody go by the combine, if you look at it, if you didn't know anything about it, and all you did was watch the combine, you understand.
Speaker 2: Now go back and watch this tape in Florida.
Speaker 3: Hey, but yeah, you did tell me that you didn't call me that.
Speaker 2: Go back? What go back? Go back and watch it.
Speaker 1: But if but those measurables were so hard to pass up. The old Joe six four two forty five running four to four can throw the ball eighty.
Speaker 3: Yards, which is what which is what I said, with the measure, we can take the measurables right. The reason that they went up to go grabbing the draft and if the measurables up with the play on the field after this year three season, they come in to see you. You finished, tell the house down, You fin it, Tell the house down. That's how That's how I'm visualizing it. And I can't I can't believe. I don't know at what point and if if you don't get it here, if you get beat out by brother Daniel Jones, yeah, then a day a day like that, like in what I'm visualizing, if I was Anthony Richardson is not happening. It's not happening.
Speaker 1: We all we yeah, they would never. They're not bringing Daniel Jones in because I'm gonna do it. You do everything, you do what you're supposed to do. You're not the you're not the last in in the first down.
Speaker 2: So that's it. That's it. That's In't a bad message there, Oh yo.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, you think maybe it's focused to somewhere else and not just.
Speaker 1: Don't start being like I don't know enough about it. I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 3: Like I like young Bull man. I like Young Bull. I hope things work out for him over there.
Speaker 2: Man, you gotta get it together. Man.
Speaker 1: You gotta have the coach it to trust you. You gotta have the player, your teammates to respect it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bring bring Dad in the phone, Harry so, Yeah, bring it, pick it up, bring it here? Hello Hello, Yes, yes please.
Speaker 1: Giants rookie first round draft pick Jackson Dark through two preseason games Game one against the Bills twelve of nineteen, one point fifty four, one touchdown, Today against the Jets fourteen of sixteen, one thirty seven, one passing touchdown, one rushing touchdowns, zero interceptions. Head coach Brian Dayball asked if Jackson Dart could take starting John from Russell Wilson. Russell Russ is our starting quarterback. We're going to keep developing Jackson. I do see a scenario Jackson Dark starts the season as the number.
Speaker 3: Two quartersolutely and and James the number three, because I don't think there is before the fact that they're keeping all three of them is a really good thing, because Jackson Dart has.
Speaker 2: You think they keep all for You think they keep all.
Speaker 3: Through absolutely wh Do you think the Giants letting Jamis go? Absolutely not. James is a good veteran, even if he's not on the field. Good locker room presence, a good locker room president, don't fall Yeah, great locker room?
Speaker 2: How much? How much? How much money of the James have guaranteed?
Speaker 3: Wait, get here, her iPad in her in her shoes, the shoes. That's my charge, of Papa, that's my charge. Okay, yeah, come on, you don't.
Speaker 4: Need to put them on.
Speaker 1: Walking down two year, nine million, right to me, right.
Speaker 3: Give me kids.
Speaker 4: You're interrupted.
Speaker 3: You say bye, say bye bye.
Speaker 2: You love you too.
Speaker 3: All right, okay now now now now we can talk. We can talk, you can talk, we can go.
Speaker 5: No where interruption? Oh joke, Wow, what what what happened? I'm trying to like, I'll be looking at it.
Speaker 1: Russ is the starter, you're developed, developing, you're developing. Jackson Dark. Last week he started number three. This week he starts number two.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't look into that. You're looking you look too much into it. You're looking too much into it. I think the ball they had their mind made up that they're gonna allow him to develop and allow him to sit back. Michael Vick when he played, he sat back. I think rookies not being thrown to the wolves. Some are good at it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I know Russ is the starter. No, no, no, no, no, I'm trying. I'm looking at the I'm looking at the situation.
Speaker 3: Maybe not going aware, you're not going nowhere. They're gonna keep They're gonna keep three quarterbacks. Jackson Dart would more so obviously be developing, and he would be the practice squad quarterback. I don't think they're throwing young bull like that to the wolves like that as a rookie.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying he's not starting. Started, Russ is gonna be the day one starter. But if Russ is the day one starter and then you have a rookie as the backup, do you really keep the veteran as the third That's what I'm that's.
Speaker 3: Absolutely because the third guy that you're keeping is more valuable than just being on the guy that excuse me, than just being on the field. He adds more value outside of just being on the field as the starting quarterback. You don't, you don't let a locker room presence like that go. You just don't.
Speaker 2: You just they do it all the time.
Speaker 3: But there's only one James missing, no I.
Speaker 1: Know, and they let him go in New Orleans when he's more than that they let him go in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: When he was more than that.
Speaker 1: It's not like it used to be because the salaries are exploding so much and you used to be able to keep a vettering guy.
Speaker 3: Because the numbers below, the numbers below, they were favoral, they were favorable. Yes, yes, I got I got you.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be very interesting. But I've been very, very impressed with Jackson dark Through the first two weeks, justin Fields and the passing offense were out of sync. Today, Fields completed his first throw, then finished with five straight incompletions in two series. Fields with all three went targeting wide out Gary Wilson, his old buddy from Ohio State. The lack of a legit wide receiver number two, the compliment with Wilson is one of the reasons why they're not clicking. I don't know why they didn't go get another receiver.
Speaker 2: O Joe.
Speaker 3: Wait, who's the number two in New York?
Speaker 2: Alan Lazardi?
Speaker 3: Is he hurt chat? Who's the number two in New York?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Matter in fact, you got Greecee Hall in Alan? That first name God was Allen's first name?
Speaker 4: Maybe Derrick Henry.
Speaker 1: Josh Reynolds and Alan Lazard, Josh Josh Josh Renolds.
Speaker 2: You remember Josh Renold just playing with the rams.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. I mean, I mean I like it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, O Joe, when you that dog and they gave you thirty million, damn, what's on.
Speaker 2: The other side, go get open?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: They're playing you thirty million. When you the number one, you get.
Speaker 3: No, not number read that kind of money. No, you're number one for a reason. You're number one because two, three and four can't do what you can do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't think that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think what was getting open the issue. It wasn't the issue. It's just the passes might have been there.
Speaker 1: Well, I said two routes. He ran a stop route, guy was right there. I think he ran another route the guy was.
Speaker 2: You know. See, That's why.
Speaker 3: I'm liking damn joint practices. Stuff like that. You don't seen it. You've seen it all week. You know what's coming for Mason, recognition, knowing the count, knowing where I'm lining up, understand them a split, and you know what's coming. So you're gonna sit there and cheap. I don't I don't like that. I don't like that because girl Wilson is a route runner. I don't know paid attention attention to him. He's a route runner. So I mean, I think they're gonna be all right. It's a little too soon, the panic, you know whatever. Justin Field is finally getting his tur He doesn't have to look over his shoulder. This is your team, this is your team. You have a head coach that's going to do right by you. You got you got to make the most of this opportunity. And in his preseason you want to get all your mistakes out right now. So the game you say, yes, you know want you can't repeat these you can't. Got to fix it now because he's in year what is this year four?
Speaker 2: Justin fields to two? Year three? Y? Yeah, a year four? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is this is your make it. This is your make it or break a year two.
Speaker 1: Zach Wilson put together a solid starting Dolphin second preseason game. He completed fifteen or twenty three passes one hundred and fifty one yards on the touchdown. He missed a couple of would be touchdowns deep throw pass deep past the deep screach that was under thrown. Rookie quinn Ewartz improved his improved on his debut, completing eleven of sixteen with a pair of touchdown to fellow rookie Field Week's junior.
Speaker 3: Hey wait, wait, who did you say had had a great debut? What's the name again?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: The first name?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Zach Wilson. That's my that's my dog. That's that's my dog.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do realize if the if he played for the Dolphins, y'all probably y'all not going to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Right, we'll be there, Okay, we'll be there. But again, Zach Wilson looked good today. He did quin errors based on how he looks week yours. He looked better this week.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did.
Speaker 1: You want to see you want to yes, you want to see improvement exactly.
Speaker 3: So I like it. I think Dolphins, they're coming at the a f c's what do you think about that?
Speaker 2: I think you drank a hunch punch.
Speaker 1: If you think if you think if you think they're beating Buffalo, that's what I think about that.
Speaker 3: I think you all your face whatever, funny, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: I thank you. So you're not.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, I don't like that. I don't I don't like the way you you sound. Whereas if you're trying to say the Dolphins don't have any chance in the a FC East.
Speaker 2: Look, you play football, anything can happen.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna put no money that the Dolphins gonna be gonna be the a FC East representative gonna win that division.
Speaker 3: So so you're telling me you've already given Buffalo the division already and we don't know what's gonna happen. Are you just saying that because they have happen.
Speaker 2: Take the Take the team with the best quarterback.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I like where you're going.
Speaker 1: I'm taking team with the best quarterback. I'm taking Josh Allen over every other quarterback in that division to drink.
Speaker 3: You're taking You're taking Jos Drake maybe, yeah, you sure?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I just want to see what you're gonna say. Okay, Okay, So when Drake May and you god damned Stefan Diggs look like Mark Damn Marino and Mark Duper and Clayton, then what you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, they still got to do something with Josh all Be all right, but tell somebody Okay, Josh Allen is him? I wish you what you're trying.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to say my quarterback is not him? You're trying to say two is not him?
Speaker 2: Can't stay healthy, I can't play in the cold.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like your attitude. I don't like your tone.
Speaker 2: They got to do it. I don't get.
Speaker 3: In fact, the funny thing, the fact that you have no confidence in us. I mean that competence.
Speaker 2: You're gonna play the game. But I ain't putting no money. I wouldn't put no money on y'all to wind the division. I would not. Y'all probably got great odds too.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't put money on the on the Dolphins. The Dolphins. We had.
Speaker 2: We okay, we had what?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, listen, I can't I can't wait. I can't wait the football season. Can't wait the football season because we're gonna have some nice little side bets. I'm gonna pay this time.
Speaker 2: Just like you did last time.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make them small.
Speaker 1: Fall Aston Genty had seven carries for thirty three yards today.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: His thirteen yard run was part of an eight play forty one yards going drive that ended ended with him pining his win to the end zone for a one yard touchdown. After the game, Genty said, I've arrived and it's time to keep going and make plays for this team. I don't know if I've ever heard somebody say I've a ride in the preseason, but I'm gonna take his word for it.
Speaker 2: He ran with a thar to day. I like to run. He had punished the defender lord his shoulder.
Speaker 1: He could run. I mean he run with power. I mean he's not that he's not an overly big guy. I mean, what was he five eight five nine? But he's powerfully built. You look at the way he's built from waists down. You could tell he's a power He's a power runner.
Speaker 3: Listen, hey, I saw I saw one of the clips or somebody somebody caught him. I saw the one we ran dude over but on the left side. Yeah, somebody caught him. Good. Oh yeah, I don't know if that was a safety coming down here. I don't know who it was.
Speaker 1: But you you, well, you might want to get word to him. You got to pick and choose your battle. He's not gonna be able to You're not finna run through you not finna run through people like you did the boys estate.
Speaker 3: It's the preseason. He doesn't he doesn't understand yet, So you're gonna you're gonna learn real quick. What's some roaman at there? Boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So but I thought, you know, look like Geno, Geno had had great command of the ourvents. Gino is very, very familiar with Pete Carroll. That's a good thing. Pete went and got him. So it's gonna be interesting to see how the Raiders do. Look that that division is good, very You got Mahomes in that division. They won the division probably like what the last eight years, they probably won a division every year since what twenty sixteen, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to realize because they had Alex Milth they won a division. They won the division every year. Patrick Mahomes has been the starting quarterback and he started at twenty nine, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: He got drafted in seventeen.
Speaker 3: The last song Broncos one of the.
Speaker 2: Won the division they wanted. They won the.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl that was twenty That was the last. So since then, since twenty sixteen, the Chiefs has been in winning eight Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got Mahomes, you got Herbert, you got bow Knicks and Gino.
Speaker 2: That's that's what.
Speaker 1: Look, that might be the second best division in football as far as quarterbacks. I think the AFC. I think the AFC North, the NFC East. What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see Helo. Who's done. Yeah, I think for me it's clear that it's the AFC.
Speaker 1: It's the AFC North with you know, you got two of the top four quarterbacks in one division. Okay, Rogers and then yeah, even with Cleveland, we ain't give it Cleveland nothing with those two, those two top ol guys and Rogers, and then you know, Okay, I can see that.
Speaker 2: I can see that the NFC.
Speaker 1: East with Russ Jane Daniels, Jalen Hurts that. But Mahomes, Justin Herbert, both Nicks.
Speaker 3: I like both too, man, I really really like both. I like Boilers.
Speaker 1: So if somebody said, if some if someone said I would take the the AFC West quarterbacks, I wouldn't fight him, m because you got my Homes, my hosts has been to five Super Bowls. You got Justin Herbert, you got a Bold Knicks, Who's who's up and coming?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Hurt since Hurts.
Speaker 1: Is one of the Super Bowl he's been in to Russ has been the two one one. But Dak where we where we where we're putting back? You take Dak or you take Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's her Chad. Who y'all like, you take Daka? You take Justin Herbert?
Speaker 3: Hey, I mean half the check gonna say. They're gonna say Justin Herbert because they just don't like the damn Cowboys.
Speaker 2: No, I think both of me. There ain't nothing that kid can't do. That kid got an arm.
Speaker 1: He is im mensely armed, talented, he's he's more athletic than you think, and he can flat out through it.
Speaker 3: I told you, I'm looking at the chat, a whole bunch of Herberts going back and forth, and I see a dack every so often. I knew they was gonna do that.