Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: All Right, Ladies headlines, Oh oh Greamer, Oh god, how now? I was really really sad about that. This said life.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: I woke up and I literally audibly went no, so young, no, And Alan's like what and I'm like no, like literally just kept saying, He's like, babe, what's wrong? I said, this breaks my heart. It was very much in the timing of you know, we were talking about postpartum and depression and all the things, and with Hayden Panetiera's death, it just it broke my heart. It literally just broke my heart. And I think what also just made me really sad about it was again all the i'm gonna say ninety percent, I'm gonna be fair on that, like or kind women going how could she leave her this? How would you? All the comments and then still not like understanding how someone has dealt with a lot of addiction, postpartum and struggle, and then you know, bringing back up the whole Nutrigena. The fact that I watched the interview too. She was so beautiful and just open and honest on that Kelly and Michael show. I watched the clip and I'm like, what a beautiful moment. And then for that beautiful moment of vulnerability and honesty and just like sharing something that even then women were not speaking about. For them to lose a contract, for her not to hear one word from the Nutrigena team, like, shame on them. And I wish they would put out a statement and they say correct, not that I know of. I have no idea, so maybe they didn't, But like, I just think that's so awful. Like I understand losing sponsorships with certain things, like if someone got caught doing something that was maybe illegal. I can understand losing partners. I don't think people should lose their jobs based on extra Maria things. I just don't ye unless it's affecting. But if it's affecting a brand, I can look at it and go, Okay, is that the best person for the brand? So maybe I can understand it. I still I'm like, kind of do you.
Speaker 3: Have an opinion on the cold Play situation?
Speaker 2: If someone is representing a brand, I think again, it's just hard, so that's where the piece. But when you're talking about postpartum like, oh, depression, how is that negatively affecting like that she didn't say it like in a like she's.
Speaker 3: Felt like a gift to the brand, like.
Speaker 2: To celebrate women. Like why didn't you use the opportunity to be like, you know what, let's speak into this. Why did they take it as a negative? Like imagine the spiral of being like I was open and honest about something and I just lost ten or however many years of a decade long partnership because I was honest about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't under and I don't understand because were they getting a lot of backlash? Like that's my question in this whole thing. I'm like, how is it truly affecting you in a negative way? Now? Do businesses have the right to make these choices the morals clause? Sure, there are clauses and they have rights to do these things, but they also you have rights to do a lot of things, and there's consequences for them. But I don't understand how this one was falling badly on them. I mean maybe because they weren't talking about it ten years ago people were saying, I can't believe you would work with someone Like what were they saying that was so affecting them? So badly. That's what I think.
Speaker 3: The gentigraphic like exactly that news Regina hits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even understand unless they just quickly jumped at it, you know before, I don't know. It doesn't add up to me. I think it was all and I don't think that was.
Speaker 2: Fair at all. No, I don't think it was fair at all. And I think it's really sad and everything that she was dealing with and struggling with it just broke my heart. I think what also, the piece that really breaks my heart is that apparently she was with her abuser again. And that's the part where I'm like, it's so hard, Like again, I have had these conversations on here before where like he was one of my abusers, was physically abusive, and then I would go back to that abuser, like literally after I called the cops one of the times and said he just tried to kill me, I went back that night to him. Yeah, And it's like that, like that cycle is such an impossible cycle to break, and I wish people like would give some grace and empathy for that, but there's no there's no help for that either, Like there's truly not there's so much isolation, you know, and there's so much like people don't understand it, and so they're so quick to say things, but it's like it's very hard to get out an abusive relationship. It's and it just broke my heart that like she went back too, But again people don't There's there's no help in that area.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of times in situations like this, with addiction and with domestic abuse, I think people am around you and the post part of all of it, I think people around you try to help, you know, as much as they know how that they can, and then they lose hope and they essentially a lot of the time end up. And you know, I've been in this situation losing a relationship with someone because you don't know how to help, because we as everyday people can't help our loved ones get out of these situations, you know. And it's like, so I saw where her mom, who was estranged, you know, said we tried to get her away from him. I'm sure they did, you know, but like until she wants to get away from him, there's not much that people around her could do. So that does beg the question for how do we help these people in these situations. I don't know the answer to that, but and.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a trademark characteristic of these relationships is isolation. Like I witnessed that majority of my life, Like I watched it be abusive and volatile, and it just and it was there was never breaks and there was never going to be a divorce, you know. And so I think, but I did watch the social circle get smaller and smaller and smaller, and like that it does from an outsider trying to help. Inside you're you're so boundaried out, like there's no way for you to get in sometimes to speak, I mean, I think the biggest thing and I think we learned this as friends during like the relationship in the the divorce with your ex was the best thing we could do was just to pour the trust back into yourself, you know. But like I mean, like as friends for us to say, well, what do you stop telling you what to do? Because you were always being told what to do? And it's just I mean, it's just I've watched it. I watched people try and fail, So I don't I hate it, and it makes me really said, she's also a mom, So there's just a sweet baby that doesn't have their mom anymore.
Speaker 2: I know, it's heartbreaking. What do you guys have any other thoughts on any of the any.
Speaker 3: Do we know any information? I honestly an overdose, correct the speculation, I didn't know anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know that they have said for sure, But at last I saw the speculation was that it was an overdose and narcan was found in the home and stuff. So, I mean, from what I have seen and read of their relationship in the past, it's been around drugs a lot in the past, so I'm not sure. Oh, so sad, aiden, you know, And it's just it really also is just so sad to see so many of these people who grew up in the industry and what ends up happening to them, and not all of them, but a lot of them, you know, And it's so sad and it's so scary. It's just a hard world to grow up in as a kid.
Speaker 3: And they're so human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just human. Yeah, Yeah, it's it's so sad.
Speaker 3: I hate that. And I watch, you know, Charles Eston is a friend of ours, and I watch his really sad, heartfelt tribute to her, and just the I mean it's a friend. This is like loved ones. She's a friend, she's a daughter. I mean that is just what a loss?
Speaker 2: Yeah, frustrated David Crumholtz puts acting on holden definitely. David Crumholtz, known for his recent role in Oppenheimer, en roles in the Santa Claus franchise and Harold and Kumer films, and now sent a since deleted thread he's taking a break from acting. He wrote, I kind of sort of put my acting career on hold the other day. It's been something I've been petrified to do for a year. Specifically, the fear was that I'd go broke and not be able to handle being out of the game. But I sent the definitive email, he added, and got to say, a huge wave of relief washed over. Mate. Not sure what I'm going to do for money instead, or how I'm going to do it, but I just removed a humongous burden, one that I truly didn't fathom the weight of until it was gone. He received a lot of positive support for his choice and added that there was a time when being competitive and self involved really served my pursuit. That time has passed much to my overwhelming surprise, there will always be great joy and the exercise, But for me, the profession has lost its gleam.
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel like that which piece, well, any of it, but more that the professions lost its gleam because you've been in this a long time. You were young, still young, I might add, but but like you know, almost twenty five years in, that's it changes, right, Like I even watch it with Preston and music, because it used to be for the fulfillment and the fandom and the la la and now at one point, yeah, and now it's like to pay for our family and to provide means, you know, to support a whole household. But it's gotten less shiny, and not that he doesn't still love it, but yeah, he doesn't love being away like he did.
Speaker 2: And I think for me, it's one of those things where it's I love I love, I love acting, I really do like. I love being on set, I love being around people, I love creating things. I think it's it's such a like a therapy for me too, you know that it's I just really enjoy playing and like stepping into different characters. I feel like I'm like chasing something and it's like a you know, obviously like I'm still wanting that series regular role again, but it's like even when, because I know there'll be a when unless I quit, which I don't. I don't see why. No, I mean like there I don't want to do Actually I don't think you know how.
Speaker 3: To quit anything kind of specifically acting like I think it's so DNA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm like, one day when that happens, like I've realized that it's not going to be like the fulfillment that I think it's going to give me. That makes sense, Yeah, that makes sense. And that is the piece where I'm just like I'm okay with it, not because I always thought like, oh, I'll just be so happy when that happens. Like and someone said something in a comment one time that really hit with me. They're like, you kind of have it. You've got a beautiful family, and so you really just start to take things into consider. It's like, I I love my role right now as a mom, and how I'm able to do what I love and still be able to like be here and like just take you know, a movie that does every three weeks and have do sponsors, like all those these wind down, Like all these things are really fun. They'll be a time and place, but when I book that series regular role, it's not going to be like, oh, yes, everything's perfect now, because they'll still be challenges. There will still be things that are you know, we're gonna have to face and like, you know, I'm walking through something right now where we're talking about a show that like is like filming in Canada and I'm like, okay, well, how that's a whole other arena that like how would I do that for six months out of the year or you know, and it's like it's not going But I also know it's something that I love to do and I'll never walk away from it. I may again never I might not ever get a series regular role again, And that's okay because I'm still going to be doing it in some form or fashion, sure, and that is what I that's what I want, you know what I mean. But like the chase of it, like I don't like I have an audition today that I'm gonna put on tape later and it's it is what it is, Like I can tell by your body, you know what I mean, Like it's it. But because I'm like the chances are two percent. I know that now, like, and it's not gonna It doesn't mean that I'm not good enough. You know, it's just not the one yet. And it's okay. Something will happen. I will get an offer or something, you know what I mean. It may not be as many as I used to as I get older what about it, or.
Speaker 1: It might be, but that's not the thing that's going to be Oh my god, I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: There's not going to be the burden weight right exactly.
Speaker 1: And you're still going to be looking for the next thing always. I mean, it's not like you're gonna get that series regular and be like, well, now I gotta get whatever. I don't know, yecause you're always looking for that next thing. In a good way, though, I do that. I mean that in a positive way. So it's not like, oh, you've hit it and now we can just sit here and coasts.
Speaker 3: For the rest of life.
Speaker 1: You know, Like it's still you're going to be working hard.
Speaker 2: But I can understand like that feeling of burden. I mean, because honestly, in February I did call my agent saying I think I'm done, and like the second I said it to her. I regretted saying it because that's not my truth. I'm just at a point where I'm yeah, of course I'm frustrated, and I didn't like the experience that I had, you know, and it's okay to be frustrated and feel those things. And then but I mean I genuinely was like I think I'm done. I think I'm gonna quit. And then like seconds that came out of my mouth, I was like, that wasn't the truth. I'm just tired and I'm frustrated. And you can still feel that and pick yourself back up again, absolutely and start fresh again. But if he felt that enormous off of them, then like that's how you know. That's how you know. Like there's things that you know, I might say I don't want to do anymore and you have that weight off and it feels great.
Speaker 1: Well I can see that. I can see there being things in your career where you're like you've let go of it and you feel that.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, like one day, who knows, there might be a relief when we end this. I don't know, you know what I mean, Like there are like doing spumps, I don't know, Oh, like it's like something where it's like when week who knows stuff, but I do.
Speaker 3: Like even when Preston was like, I don't know, like you know, he struggles with being away from us so much, like he's just gone so much and he's missing so many things. And as they get older, they're bigger and bigger things. So it's like, you know, Legend's one of the few kids on the team that doesn't have the dad at practice and doesn't have a dad at baseball like or at the baseball game, and so and like, you know, he's made it to a couple of cheer comps, but he you know whatever. And so I finally the other day was like, Okay, well what would it like if you did, Like what would we do? Let's like just try it on in our brains for a minute and just you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and I guess I could honestly relate to the music piece, like though it's sad and there's pieces I miss about music and touring that was a big burden to not I don't I didn't want to be on the road, right, yeah, I didn't want that. Like I'm like, well, I got a baby, buy I got a grab on a bus like that's not like that wasn't what fulfilled my heart and soul. Sure, and I didn't want to keep pushing for some thing where I could feel myself just hitting that wall every single time and being told no, you're not this or this and like and and I'm like I did I didn't like it. Yeah, I didn't like the what these program directors were. I didn't like any of it. I didn't like. I did not like feeling like I was not good enough every single time. That's how I felt from like the comments of certain people, like certain program directors that rhyme with a gator, you know what I mean, like.
Speaker 3: And hater for them.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying, like, you know what I mean, like when you're constantly told that you're just not good, Like I'm like, I don't want to keep doing this. This is not fun for me anymore.
Speaker 3: Like this is a conversation in my home. Yeah, it's wild. Well it's like you know, they sent out a project, right and and somebody comes back with like a time to go back to the studio and you're like, put my heart and soul and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like it's just a wild time.
Speaker 3: But also these people aren't saying things to their faces either, So it is what it is. I just, I just, I know we've all had those moments in life where like we've quit something and we've felt the relief, and then there's other times.
Speaker 2: Where like marriages, I felt, Wow, now.
Speaker 3: That's a whole nother podcast. I definitely feel that. Yeah, the relief I remember a deep relief.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A sadness and a relief. Yeah, two things true at the same time, one hundred percent. Oh yeah, sadness, but not because of the person. Like I remember someone's like, well, I never cried a drop. I'm like, oh no, my tears were not for you, sweetheart. My tears were for the family that I lost, like and dream. It was never because of you, Like, let's not lose that in translation, like let me be, let me be. We're still clear on that, you know what I mean, Like, because I remember, you know, he even spoke on our podcast He's like, I didn't cry once, and I'm like I always thought about that because I'm like, was he trying to say that to be like like.
Speaker 2: Not that he was like trying to be mean or whatever. But I've always reflected on that because I'm like, oh, I also like, my tears were not for you.
Speaker 3: I think that is probably like a symptom of the emotional intelligence. I think that that was what that was. Yeah, I don't, but I do think it's funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, but it's a fashion.
Speaker 2: But we know too much. It's my favorite version of us. It's okay when someone doesn't cry about the end of a and they can be relieved. But I want to be clear, my tears were.
Speaker 3: Not the.
Speaker 2: State. I just have never actually said that because it was like I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, while you say this, but I really want to say to you, is now okay.
Speaker 2: Speaking of marriages, Juliana Hoff reacts to x getting married in Idaho wedding on a post of Brooks and his new wedding announcement, Juliana commented, congratulations, so so happy for you both, sending you all love, health and happiness for the years to come for you and your family. I love that Juliana and Brooks previously got married on the same Idaho lakeside in twenty seventeen. He told people that he knew this venue is where he wanted to get married from the start.
Speaker 3: So thoughts ladies like he's married two different women in the same venue. Yeah, same l same like, oh same la.
Speaker 2: First of all, I love the congre like I love the congratulations. Hell, I love that. So I just think that's always so beautiful to see. Yeah, Like, for example, one of the questions here is did Mike publicly congratulate? I mean that publicly, But he wrote me a card?
Speaker 3: Remember did I show you guys that I vaguely remember this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he wrote me a like a really sweet card. Well.
Speaker 3: I also think he deeply like respects and loves Alan, so I think.
Speaker 2: He Yeah, it was just like I just remember, like I didn't need some public right right. I don't know if he commented. I haven't looked back on like my wedding cook to see like who commented, But like it was the private piece of it that was so sweet. That was like he wrote such a thoughtful card of like being like I'm proud of I'm happy for you and all the things you're getting, what you deserve and all that you know, And it was just like I love that. So but he lucked out.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what my statement was trying to be like, you have taken such a mature high road and you've married someone that also does the same. It could be very easily not that way, And so I think, like his appreciation feels healthy and valid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for sure, but I don't. But what do you guys think about the same like kind of location.
Speaker 1: I think if it doesn't bother her, then what does it hurt?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I find it interesting. I actually.
Speaker 2: I'm so curious to see I kind of had a feeling that was big, But I'm curious where.
Speaker 3: Don't like it.
Speaker 2: I knew you weren't going to that's I knew I was going to falter to Catherine on this one. I was gonna agree with Kat and I knew I had a feeling too. Yeah, why do you think that's the feeling? It's you're more like the intentionality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I am too.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, I can so separate and then marry someone off of the same like you know what I mean. I'm like such a good point, Like I would be like, you want to get married in the same castle, me and I all got married, Like you.
Speaker 1: Really do kind of contradict yourself all in that. I wasn't sure where you'd go, But that makes sense. I knew where I was. I knew where you would.
Speaker 3: Probably There's just so many places in the world that we could go, you know, And I.
Speaker 2: Gets it's important. It must be special to him, yes, of course, and again and to them, you know, I certainly know one to be on a record, I would love to just I would love to just say that I want everyone to be you know, many times after I said my one thing, I'm like, I want everybody to be happy, because that is my truth.
Speaker 3: That's right, and I do. I I if it doesn't bother her, doesn't bother me. But I've had a very if you were in a situatuation where a location has been repeated and it didn't I was the first of that location, and so it did not bother me at all. But I wondered sometimes if that if if the person even knew that was always my thing.
Speaker 2: Obviously this day she knows because it's so public. But can I contradict myself yet again?
Speaker 1: I know I kind of have something too, Like.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go to a place that either one of us had. So I've never had a honeymoon follow my marriages. I never have either, well I have now, but like, yeah, you know, what I mean, It was really important to me to not be in a location where either one of us had gone before. I like that, But of course I would find a vacation with someone else. So that's where I can contradict myself right there, Okay, Because I wanted it to just be something that we experience together and vacation together and experienced together for the first time. Yeah, for some reason that was important to me. Couldn't care less if he got married in Scotland before, couldn't care less that, like you know whatever is That was the piece that I was like the most. And then like in this situation, like who cares? Like everyone like if it's important to them, it's yeah again all the things. Yes, no, no, I get it.
Speaker 3: And I do like when a location like that is important, and sometimes I think it's worth making a new memory that sits, you know, like when it is someplace that's really important to you. Yeah, and like listen, we'll go vacation somewhere where he's of course, because we've been did people years before us in New Mexico.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yes, can't go to Mexico.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying. But like for something that was specific to like our honeymoon. I was like, that was very much like can we go here it? And He's like no. I went on like, okay, let's scratch that, you know. I felt that way when we were picking baby names. I was like, oh, gido gee, is there any name?
Speaker 1: So what's interesting to me is I I was thinking at first when reading this, would it upset me if I were Julianne, not if I was the new right?
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I never even looked at it though.
Speaker 1: That's the way I was looking at this the whole time.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm the Julianne, which is so it should bother me. But I I wonder if that person knows all of those locations.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like if I were in that position, it would bother me. If I were Julianne.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I could care less if my ex got married in the same vineyard we got married on also same.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I feel like that would maybe bother me.
Speaker 2: But that's so amazing. I love how we're so different on like all of this.
Speaker 1: I mean, I definitely probably wouldn't want to if I was the new one. Again, it's whatever they want to do. I definitely probably wouldn't because I'm like, I don't want to have like pictures look the same as like you know whatever. But I feel like it would bother me if I was.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you why?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm curious myself because that's all kept talking. I'm like, interesting, Yeah, it definitely thought me.
Speaker 3: I will say this though, and this may be not like super on the same line, but like, I remember that my ex moved back to our hometown and so I felt very like he got the hometown in the divorce, and so for a while I didn't like home because I was like, everyone probably has this preconceived notion of me, Like.
Speaker 1: In my mind, the lake was probably a special place for them first because they were together first, but it could it could. I know totally that. I think. Maybe that's why I went there because I was thinking, oh, this was so special to them, and then he went and just did it again. But anyway, it's just very fascinating that I was thinking about.
Speaker 3: Her and not the Yeah, I didn't even think about that way. Yeah, so that's why very different always matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, interesting, But I hope everyone's really happy. I do too, and I do. I actually do really want to stand by the statement, like I love making a a new memory and recreating a space because I got to do that at home and I felt like I can go home now, you know, like the rip off the band aid and just go back. But so it could be that you know, it's super sacred and you get to like marry your forever person.
Speaker 1: I mean clearly new wife didn't care no, because she get married there. Yeah, so she's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah the whole time there it is. I mean, listen, I I would even marry my ex, like if they wanted. If you want to be the efficient.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was like, what kidding?
Speaker 3: We're married, scratch that publicly. I don't know if we need to sign up to be ordained.
Speaker 1: Things are getting Also, wasn't thinking ordained first?
Speaker 2: And I'm kidding, But I know you.
Speaker 1: Would do something like that for them, So would Mike for that matter, Yes, both, if y'all would do something like that, Mike.
Speaker 3: Is actually bummed you didn't that.
Speaker 2: Probably he's like, yeah, anyway, all right, y'all have a good one too. Bye