Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart. So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: So that's what a marquis is never even part of that word to today. That's I don't care how bad it is, Like nobody, nobody.
Speaker 3: When have I been around somebody to have a conversation and they were like, oh, look at the marquis over here.
Speaker 2: You see what's on the marquis. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You just like live life and you see hear things you never heard of, like oh, his name is on the marquee.
Speaker 2: No I have it.
Speaker 4: But I mean, this is one of those moments where I want to really flame you, but the fact that I'm your dad makes it really more of a reflection of a job by me.
Speaker 3: Is marquee really that common? I mean, I'll go into clubs with bottle service like.
Speaker 4: No, but it's not just but it's not right, okay, right, But that is a miniature version of a marquee when.
Speaker 5: You go buy a movie theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the but nobody it's it's always do you see that side?
Speaker 2: It's never do you see that marquee over there?
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not even saying it, right, You're saying it like marky Mark. It's not marquee, it's marquee. Yes, You've probably never had somebody use the word oasis to you, but you know what it means, right.
Speaker 2: I know what oasis is. I've heard oasis a couple dozen times.
Speaker 5: A couple dozen, Yeah, a couple.
Speaker 4: Were two dozen Oasis hearings, but zero market.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Spent a lot more time in deserts than a movie theater is evidently.
Speaker 5: Welcome in.
Speaker 4: It is the What's Right with the Great podcast and YouTube show episode number thirteen again a reminder. Just a couple of days ago, the latest episode in our fifty Greatest Players of the Last Fifty Years series dropped on these same YouTube and podcast feeds.
Speaker 5: Check those out.
Speaker 4: We are rounding out the top players fifty through forty. We're going to get into the top thirty next week, so I guess the top forty, but the thirty ish guys next week, So check that out. But before we get into today's show and the wild NBA playoffs that we've had so far, as we always do, let's talk about what we're not going to talk about here is what did not make today's show. What did not make today's show is Nikola Jokiz. That's hard for me to believe. I thinks are going to be in here somewhere because he played well NFL stealing Christmas Day from the NBA.
Speaker 5: That didn't make the show.
Speaker 4: And Ben said Lemmens' re injury when he never had an actual injury that I saw one of the most bizarre years of any Max athlete ever. That did not make today's show. If you're new to the show, the person you're about to hear from is my son Demanse. He's kind of co host sidekit keeps.
Speaker 5: Us moving along.
Speaker 4: You're also, if you're watching, gonna see a clock that I usually fail, but sometimes I keep to to try to keep us moving.
Speaker 5: All right, now, I will turn to you, Demanse.
Speaker 4: Demanse, I think I know where we're starting, but you go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Tell me there are we not starting? Yeah, the Nets are down three to out to Boston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, you're very listen everyone, you know, a Demanse is a Celtics fan is called ripped in our relationship because I've never read the Celtics prior to this series. Be they should know when people are hearing or seeing this, the series is either over or they're down three to one. We're recording a few hours before Game four, so as we sit here at three to zero, we know in your world it's either three to one or it was a sweep of a go ahead.
Speaker 3: Right, And Durant hasn't played very well, Oh you don't say no, And these problems are much bigger than him. Ben Simmons hasn't played a single minute. Yeah, Nash is probably gonna get fired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and after a year of carrying the Nets, it seemed like Durant is finally guessed. Yeah, but you know you can't. You can't possibly put all this on Durant. What's the situation? Okay, So here's the deal. This is Kevin Durantworth's worst playoff series of his career. He was nine of twenty four in Game one.
Speaker 4: We all said he won't be that bad again, and that was his best get.
Speaker 5: Game two he was zero for ten in the second half.
Speaker 4: Game three, he took one shot in the fourth quarter, shooting thirty six percent from the field. There's the worst playoff series he's ever but that to me, and that is a story. But there is a bigger kind of macro story that we are going to see throughout these playoffs and then throughout the next few years of playoffs that is going to snap something in the focus. And that's what I want to focus on because what we are going to find, doubt and what we are going to see is every single one of our great players in this league is going to fail to live up to the false standard that was created for Lebron James.
Speaker 5: And here's what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, because what has happened in the media the last decade is out of a thirst and a quest to try to tear down Lebron. There were these false premises, built false premises of all time greats never had bad playoff awful playoff games, let alone awful playoff series. And so Lebron to this day has twenty eleven still hung around his neck. But that's that was a bad series a decade of more than a decade. But since then, every single year in the postseason the moment Lebron had a forget a bad series, because since twenty eleven he hasn't had a bad series, a bad game.
Speaker 5: It was a referendum.
Speaker 4: It was all, this is why Katie's better, this is why he's not Michael. And now those chickens are coming home to roost for everybody else's favorite guys. Because the rules that the rules of engagement have been best player in the league can't be bad in the series. And guess what that's gonna end up with. There isn't gonna be the best player in the league. It's just there's gonna be everyone's gonna be ineligible. Jokic is gonna get beaten five games. Giannis was awful in a series the year before he won the title. Durant's been awful here. We've seen Steph miss the playoffs and be bad in finals. Who's left. Joel Embiid is playing well at the moment, we'll see, but we've never seen him play in a conference finals. And so what has happened is there was such a fake standard built in order to tear down Lebron versus Michael Jordan, that now the guys that many folks have wanted to elevate alongside, if not ahead of Lebron, not in the all time pantheon, but in the contemporary pantheon, they're realizing, oh, that that's an unrealistic standard. The idea that Kevin Durant, who by the way, has lost seven of his last eight playoffs, has lost five playoff games in a row, was going to go his entire career and never have a terrible series was unrealistic. But that's the standard we were told.
Speaker 2: The man's I know he's saying he's not tired, but that the man is tired.
Speaker 4: Obviously, the man's tired. And I've been talking about how he's been playing forty minutes a game since March first. How stupid that is, What a bad coaching job that is by Nash. But he and credit Katie for not using it as an excuse. But again, I want to just emphasize this point. There have been a lot of folks in my profession who have tried to argue for various reasons, forget Lebron versus Jordan, but that, oh, Lebron hasn't been the best player in the league in years, that Durant was better than that Steph was better than him for a couple of years, that Durant's been better than him since the twenty seventeen finals had shot.
Speaker 5: In his face.
Speaker 4: But now what everyone is going to experience is realizing, Uh, that standard demands you never have a bad game, let alone a bad series, and no one in NBA history lives up to it. Daream had bad series. People want to pretend like Michael didn't go check the box scores. Go check Michael going three for eighteen down oh two after a nighty gambling in Atlantic City against the Knicks and Scottie pittmanbale him out. Check Michael in the ninety five semi finals against Orlando when he was the fourth best player on the court. Check my Michael pre Pippin, or in one of those Piston series with Pippin. Michael had bad playoff series. Michael had bad playoff games. Giannis has had awful playoff moments, Durant were in the middle of it right now. With Durant, everybody's had him. Kobe blew a three to one league. Kobe's zero four finals were a disaster. But we have created this fake world where no, no, no, the all time. If you're really that guy, you don't have these So now what you're either going to have to concede Okay, we were wildly unfair to Lebron James, or we're just going to enter a desert of greatness because nobody's going to live up to the standard. If people don't think if he stays in the playoffs long enough that Jason Tatum has a.
Speaker 5: Five for twenty one in him, you're kidding yourself.
Speaker 4: But now it's like, oh, Tatum's the next guy, he's out playing, Dura's sinking. Okay, Tatum's got a bad game coming, Yannas. I'm sure I'll have an awful game.
Speaker 5: All of them will.
Speaker 4: But we created a world where that's not allowed, and so now now Durant is paying the penalty, so that, yes, Durant's been awful. It's been odd to see these games. The games one, two, and three were all close in the fourth quarter. Game one it's his Nets have a five point lead with four minutes left and they lose. Game two, they have a it's tied with eight minutes left. Game three, it's a five point game with eight minutes left. All they needed was one great Durant quarter and it's two to one. Two great Durant quarters and they're in the.
Speaker 5: League, in the series. They didn't get it.
Speaker 4: So, yes, this is a bad look for Durant, but he's getting extra crushed because we've set the rules on you must always be excellent at all times or else you're not that guy. It's an unfair standard. All right, what's next? Since there was a good seven minutes there, go ahead.
Speaker 2: You made a joke on Twitter saying straight up, trade Kyrie for Russ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody loves reunions. Get Katie and Russ back together. Get it was a joke for you Twitter folks.
Speaker 3: While Lebron can probably make the play in am I right if he's if he's got a third A list star on the team with the vaccination and COVID stuff, hopefully being behind us, wouldn't teams be lined up to max out Kyrie if the Nets don't.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean you want to give Kyrie Irving four or five years max money. That's one of the wildest decisions anyone's ever made.
Speaker 5: The better question.
Speaker 4: So no, I would a lot of teams be lining up. No, all it takes is a few though, yes, of course somebody would. There are a number of teams that would love to have Kyrie Irving right. The question is would he loved to go there?
Speaker 2: Right? And do you want the baggage?
Speaker 4: And and to me, I've said this and again. I've been wrong on a few things on this show and on the TV show, but I have nailed the fraudulent teams of the NBA better than any of my colleagues. For four years running, everyone was all over the Clippers. I told you the Nuggets would beat him back with nuggets.
Speaker 5: Fans love me.
Speaker 4: The only person in the world that picked the Clippers losing round two said it all your long, nuggets feed him. I was right on the nets last year. I was right on the nets this year. And the Kyrie thing I've been right on the juice is not worth the squeeze. At the very least, what Kyrie Irving is supposed to give you is instant, unguardable offense that hasn't existed since he stopped flipping fans. He's been bad in Game two, bad in Game three. Again, we're not maybe he'll explode today. Ram Okay, Okay, Well that's well, all right, that was maybe an unfair shot. That might be Demonse's first unfair shot at anybody. Hey, let's not. Let's not bring anyone's the personal beliefs. Oh, you're saying to be disrespectful.
Speaker 2: During Ramanan.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fair, because you're you're not supposed to furst during Ramanan?
Speaker 5: That is true. Did you know I once fasted during Ramanon in high school?
Speaker 4: Did you know that?
Speaker 6: Because my best friend was more, I did it? Slidary, That's definitely a lie. I swear to God, you fast. Problem is, I don't know if I made it the whole time. But yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: My basketball teammate was most of my past with him neither here nor there.
Speaker 5: Let me finish the Kyrie point because we are going to go a little long.
Speaker 4: Sorry, boys. So Kyrie Irving has not had a single relevant postseason moment after Round one since twenty seventeen. That's a half decade. It's a half decade where he hasn't played in a game after round two, and he hasn't been good in a game after round one. Like, that's a problem, a massive tripling problem. The deal, though, for the Nets is even if you don't want to trust him, you can't let him walk. They're so screwed. We can talk more nets long term future. But no, if I were a GM, I wouldn't trust Kyrie Irving with a four year maximum or a five year maximum extension. But someone will give it to him. All right, what's the next? That was?
Speaker 5: By the way, we're already out of time. We have two topics left. What's the next?
Speaker 3: The Pelicans took Game four from the Suns. Yeah, the world has been dying to root for CP three, but he had four points in thirty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get a bad game.
Speaker 3: D Book may need another few weeks with his injury. Does Chris Paul have terrible luck? Or can we finally say that he's overrated?
Speaker 4: He's not overrated. No, we cannot finally say that again the Durant Lebron corollary, Oh, you have bad games, suck now.
Speaker 5: Chris Paul's bad game was really bad.
Speaker 4: Point I understand, but he's also point guard. Scoring is not what he tries to do most of the time. I think he's still out of eleven assists, but he was He played perfect point guard in games one and three and they needed that to win. He was bad in game four. He's not overrated, but bad luck is true. I mean, you know that.
Speaker 5: I thought the.
Speaker 4: MAVs could beat them with a healthy Devin Booker. Devin Booker's out, They're not there. I think they are drawing dead to beat the Mavericks. Now They're gonna beat the Pelicans no matter what. So I don't think they're in actual trouble this series, but next series of Booker's not there, Luca will dice them up.
Speaker 5: All right, what's last?
Speaker 3: We could talk Warriors Nuggets only if you promised to not make it about jo Kics credit.
Speaker 4: Yogics played a good game until the very end when they started hunting him on defense and they took them out of the offense seven substitution.
Speaker 5: That's odd for an MVP, but Yogics played really well.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, So Golden State obviously won't get the sweep, but Yo can save the Nuggets with a thirty seven point performance. But the Warriors are looking like a championship team again, Draymond's feeling like himself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh, Curry is still.
Speaker 2: Not one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: But if Steph wins another title without Katie, maybe top ten.
Speaker 4: All time, Top ten, Top ten all times again. The thing with with top tens is there's only ten people on. So I don't want to spoil the fifty best players of the last fifty years. But let's just give some names in no particular order, Okay, And I'm gonna give a dozen names, and then we're gonna find in order for Curry to be top.
Speaker 2: Ten, one of those guys got to move out.
Speaker 5: Three of them have to move out, Okay, three of them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, math is hard, Okay, So here's a dozen names. We'll start with those super old timers, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Lebron, Michael Magic. Okay, so there's six guys that are obviously not moving out. Now we only there's only room for three more guys, But there's six, right tim duncan he five rings? His two? He went to seven finals or six finals? Pardon me, Kobe.
Speaker 5: Bryant, Shaquille O'Neill a, Keem Olajuan.
Speaker 4: We're already at ten.
Speaker 2: You might have said the keem already.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I definitely didn't say I'll do it. Russell, Wilt, Magic, Michael Lebron Kareem. I said, kareem is what you would think, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, shack a keem.
Speaker 5: Now we're at eleven.
Speaker 4: We have not mentioned Doctor J or Moses Malone. Find let's move him ahead of them. Then there's Kevin Durant. So the point is this, even if he's better than Durant, which he's making the case for Doctor J and Moses, give it to him. I'm not sure if I will, but give it to him. There is still shack a keem, Bird, Duncan, Kobe. You got to take two of those guys out, two of them out the step to be top ten, you got to take two of them out. My buddy Bill Simmons has been saying. And by the way, that's without having Oscar Robertson or Jerry West in there. Take them out too. The only super old timers we have are Wilton Russell. If you, my buddy Bill Simmons been calling Katie a top ten all time guy for a month. Now, I just want to know what the top ten is. I just know, I'm series. I just want to know, are we kicking Larry Bird out? Are you kicking Kobe Bryan out? Are we kicking a Keem or Shock out? Now some would say a key okay, even if you kick a Keem out. It was Steph Curry better than Shaquille O'Neill.
Speaker 2: That's two totally different players.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 2: I guess it's like what they did for their teams.
Speaker 4: But the problem with ten person lists is there's only room for ten guys. And by the way, a name I didn't mention who might have a in six weeks here A really legitimate shot argument he should be at a lot of them is Yannis didn't even mention Giannis so top ten all time. That's a tough putt, better than Durant all time. That might be in progress. That was a twenty minute dy block, and I said I'd hit the clock.
Speaker 5: I'm terrible at that. We'll be right there.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable This Guy for the inspiring true story about Anthony Robles, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 5: Are you ready to go?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 5: All right, Here we go.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright Podcast YouTube show. But we the first segment went long. This segment, maybe I'll go undertime on this segment. We have ten minutes on the clock. Maybe I'll get this segment done in eight minutes. We're gonna start with I think a discussion of Marquis Demons. Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Deebo surely seems like he's done with San Francisco. Yeah, we all found this out via a nightclub marquee on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seems like the Jets are willing to give up pakes for him. But who will be worse.
Speaker 3: Off when Diebo is no longer in the Shanahan office Diebo or Shanahan.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think Debo would be I think listen, I think the Niners. This would hurt them.
Speaker 2: He is a.
Speaker 4: Perfect weapon for them in the way Kyle Shannan likes to run the football, and he's also a very good receiver. And by the way, while Deebo is handling this a little awkwardly, I do not blame him for wanting to play a different style. Running Backs have short careers and don't get paid. Wide receivers have long careers and get paid massive amounts of money. He's a wide receiver is being used like a running back, so is self preservation wise. I get why he would want to be elsewhere, at the very least if he's in San Francisco to get paid now. But San Francisco can manufacture a running game that offense dating back to Kyle's dad and Mike Shanahan did that in Denver for years and years and years. I think Deebo is the one whose numbers would suffer. But if he gets to go somewhere where they treat him as a real wide receiver, he'll make so much more money and have such a longer career. I totally get why he'd want to go ty. He kills, numbers are going to suffer, but the Dolphins paid him so much money. I understand why he wanted to do that. All right, speaking of Tyreek Hill, looks like we're talking about Chiefs.
Speaker 3: What's next Chiefs GM Brett Viach I love that last name, by the way, So as the team is not in rebuilding bone, yeah, kind of seems crazy given the standards that the Chiefs have been put in the last couple of years. The Rams are all in after winning the Super Bowl, but the Chiefs are protecting draft picks and cap space. You gotta admit, don't you wish they were more like the Rams than the Patriots?
Speaker 4: Not necessarily because I believe the offense is going to be elite no matter what. So to me, this is less about a rebuild or cap space or it's more about you have limited resources. How are you going to allocate You have limited resources via the draft and be the salary cap. The defense for Mahome's entire career has been average at best and at many times looked god off. They must spend money and assets on that side of the ball, and so I get the idea of, oh, manipulate the cap all in all in all in one of the reasons the Rams it makes sense for them is because Stafford is going into year fourteen. He's on the wrong side of thirty. They don't look at a ten year time horizon. The Chiefs do. They have the best quarterback in football and he's in his mid twenties. And the reason they don't have multiple super Bowls already is because the offensive line was bad in one of the Super Bowls, so they fixed that. And the defense has been bad throughout this time. This Mahomes tenure, so they're going to try to fix that. And so I know, I'm fine with the way the Chiefs are attempting to build. Now, you must hit on the draft. You absolutely have to knock this draft out of the park. Last year's draft the Chiefs knocked out of the park. We'll see if they do it again. All right, time for a game. I don't even know what game we're playing.
Speaker 2: It is time for this or that?
Speaker 5: Okay, play go ahead.
Speaker 3: More believable ruler Sean Payton for a first round pick or Tom Brady for a second round pick.
Speaker 5: I believe in both.
Speaker 4: And people might be like, why would you only give up a second for Brady? I have to give him a second for Brady. If Brady got what he wanted here, he was going to have so much leverage and control.
Speaker 5: I feel like by already.
Speaker 4: Having left the having left Tampa, it would be similar to how Tampa got Drunk from New England, where it was okay, but if you don't agree to trade me, I'm not playing for you anyway. I'm just gonna stay retired, so you might as well get something rather than nothing. Tampa didn't have to give up much for Grunk because that's the leverage he held. I also think, on the flip side with Sean Payton in New Orleans, I think the going right for a great coach has always been one first round pick or more so I believe him both.
Speaker 5: All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: Okay, bigger deal in Bed being injured or Middleton being injured.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think it's Inbeed being injured because.
Speaker 5: Middle is out. We'll see how long he's out.
Speaker 4: But I have such faith in Yannis, and it's very interesting what's happened in that series. The Bucks were okay during the regular season, not great. They were okay in Game one, escape of the win, worse than okay in Game two and lost in Milton got hurt, and then what happened. They immediately flipped the switch, went to Chicago and kicked their teeth in the back to back games. Giannis was out of this world in game four. So I think Jannis can carry them. I think they can beat the Celtics even if Middleton misses half the series. I think Giannis is that good. I also think sidebar this whole idea. There is some KD defense, which is well, maybe the Celtics are just the best defensive the last fifteen years.
Speaker 5: I don't know how how well that's going to hold.
Speaker 4: Up in the light when Giannis averages thirty five points per game in that series. Now, maybe thirty five right, yeah, I think you will if there's no Middleton.
Speaker 3: I mean you like the Celtics as goal as to win the series, can average thirty five milley once the goal is to get to the next.
Speaker 4: Of course, and maybe the Celtics will. I think the Bucks are gonna win the series and win the championship. But my point is for a couple of years now more than that, a lot of folks have argued Durant is better than Yannis because Durance is so much of a better offensive player, is what I was told.
Speaker 5: Because everyone knows Jan's a better defensive player.
Speaker 4: If this same defense that is Steimy and Kevin Durant, if Giannis has success, if Giannie averages thirty plus, it, you know that doesn't look quite as good in the light.
Speaker 5: But to answer the question, I think it's.
Speaker 4: Indeed because Harden hasn't been great.
Speaker 2: Would you like to bet on that?
Speaker 3: Bet on what I'll make it on the outcome of that series the Celtics fed the Bucks?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, and averages about.
Speaker 4: Hold on you, we're adding, we're adding different layers to it.
Speaker 3: Average average is less than thirty one.
Speaker 5: So the are these two separate bets? Are these one?
Speaker 2: We can do two separate?
Speaker 4: But uh, okay, here's the buddy, buddy that I'm not about doing anything to you. I'm just going to make it very clear to you that they're like, you're going to have to pay if you lose.
Speaker 5: I want you to know that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I will take the Bucks. You'll take the Celtics of course. Straight up though, do you want any odds?
Speaker 2: No odds?
Speaker 4: And like you mean, like, okay, this is what I could take advantage of you. You should get like one point so one. So like, if I risk fifty. I risk sixty.
Speaker 5: You risk it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you should get that.
Speaker 4: You should get because the Bucks will be the favorites in that series, So you should get a little bit extra if you will.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't have to do it like I'm betting online or something. We get just straight up. The Celtics are going to beat the Bucks.
Speaker 4: Oh and you don't want extra mone Okay, deal, I mean, I'm trying to help you out. This is what you shouldn't gamble, buddy. All right, so fifty bucks on. I've got the Bucks, We've got the Celtics and another fifty bucks. I have Giannis averaging at least thirty point zero or what you said, thirty five, But well, I don't think he's actually going I mean thirty five. Now I would need some minds. Okay, do you want to do thirty points? I said we were going to be early. Now we're negotiating a bet here, dude.
Speaker 5: To be continued next podcast.
Speaker 4: We will hammer out the terms of the bet because buck Celtics wouldn't have started. The point I was making on embiid is this Maxi has been amazing.
Speaker 5: He's also his.
Speaker 4: First real playoff run. Harden to look like he can get past anybody anymore. They need EMBIID to be fully functional, and he's not going to be. He's going to play through it. But to me, EMBIID is the bigger concern. All Right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Worst Lebron take ohkay tea Max saying that Katie and Kyrie are more skilled than Lebron and d wait, that is not age well at all. Or Lebron saying he's never missing the playoffson.
Speaker 4: Oh well, he's obviously right about never missing the playoffs again. So it's team Max. Even though by the way, I actually love Yeah, I got somebody I can't believe. I'm you know what, I'm actually I'm actually fine with Lebron not being in this postseason. They were gonna lose anyway. It shined a brighter light on other stars across the league. I'm okay with it. I don't like that it's given this guy a little AMMO because Tatum's having.
Speaker 5: His best run at outstanding.
Speaker 4: Tatum has been great. Tatum has been absolutely great, there's no denying it. Lebron, meanwhile, is tweeting from a beach somewhere. Oddly enough, on that beach, Lebron is tweeting from he has the same as we sit here today, the same number of playoff wins as Kevin Durant this year. That's odd to hear. All Right, what's last? What's last?
Speaker 2: She's better fit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, your robe or Ben Simmons court side out? Oh, these are both legendary fits. I don't know if we're gonna if you're watching on YouTube, I assume we're gonna show him to you, Ben Simmons. I honestly believe Ben Simmons is catching ten percent more for not being eligible to play now in Game four because he's dressing like this. Yeah, and the sunglasses. I think that is a legendary.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 5: However, if you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Wear something that ostentatious, you need to play basketball.
Speaker 2: Look it up. Marquee and austentatious.
Speaker 4: I don't saw, the other hand, is a far more legendary fit.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 4: And the fact that I already had in my possession the Versace robe that Patrick Beverly wore when he did his thing, that I could then wear on television to uh mott Patrick Beverly. It was I know, it was a bit of a place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's a bit embarrassing for Patrick Beverley that.
Speaker 4: That robe is as expensive as people think. How much you think that robe costs?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's not upward of like seven hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: You're very close. Six hundred bucks. Best six hundred bucks I've ever spent. That is a gorgeous piece of clothing.
Speaker 5: We all be right.
Speaker 2: Six he's ever spent. I've got that fee for Christmas roasted. He tried it roasted.
Speaker 4: You're right about that.
Speaker 5: Best six hundred bucks my wife's ever spent.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Nick, Nick Winer pushed me into that.
Speaker 4: Oh you're trying to ask out of it, well halfway halfway. Well we didn't. We didn't set the official term. So you're okay, we can we can wait on it. Yeah, I'd rather not take money for you.
Speaker 2: After after game one.
Speaker 4: I'll have a better feel your game one. Ye. Yeah, well that's not I get Listen, you don't want to bet against Johannis. I understand I wouldn't work against honest. All right, are you ready to go?
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go. I appreciate that, Nick, no problem, of course.
Speaker 5: Uh, you're talking to different Nick, talking to Nick the cruiser.
Speaker 4: I was like, why do you call me, Nick, all of a sudden, you gotten a little too comfortable. All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Great podcast and YouTube show again, like great subscribe. He's talking to that Nick, not this Nick. If you're watching on YouTube, you just saw our wonderful production staff, including our engineer Victor, who just has gorgeous hair. I'm confident enough to say I don't know if we can show him with on camera again.
Speaker 5: I mean that is I mean, he's a handsome man.
Speaker 4: In general. I feel like he I don't know Victor, but he feels like the type of guy that might ride a motorcycle. And then but I mean that hair is blowing in the wind. He does ride a motorcycle.
Speaker 5: I knew it.
Speaker 4: I could just see Victor riding like down the beach in Bennis. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh he's got a helmet.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not trying to judge a book by its cover, but I just figure Victor's out there riding a motorcycle, you know, hollering at people, having that gorgeous locks flowing in the wind. All right, final segment here, demand's got mad at me last night?
Speaker 5: Do you want to tell the audience what happened?
Speaker 2: WHOA, I don't know, mad is.
Speaker 3: The word, but I just felt like I don't want to also don't want to say I felt disrespect me.
Speaker 4: Oh, you felt disrespected.
Speaker 3: But he was just like I was going out last night to a bar, just, you know, have a drink with a couple of friends, chill out, watch the games.
Speaker 2: Watch the games.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so this guy text me and tells me not to be out too late. And you know, he's just like every time there's a night before the show, he's like caught all my back. You know, we got a schedule. It's just like I just feel like, you know, it's gotten to the point where I know what I can and can't do, and then I get home talk to him about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, so pause the story for a moment, so listen. We record these shows on Mondays and Wednesdays. Demandy's a grown man who because we needed some more help around the house because my wife opened a store here in Harlem, Demons agreed to move back in here and help us out. And he's gonna leave us shortly to go. I don't know if he's gonna stay in New York or where he's gonna go. But right now he is back living under our room to help us out, and I leave. I leave him to his own devices. However, now that he's a part of this, I've made it clear. Hey, Mondays and Wednesdays we do the show. So maybe Sundays and Tuesdays it don't be you know what I mean? Old Danny drinks at.
Speaker 5: The at the bar with range and.
Speaker 4: And you're you know, you're in your bed at a reasonable hour. So yesterday, when after what game were we watching, I don't remember which game, it was Nuggets Warriors. Where after that, I see all of a sudden he leaves the room for a little bit, comes back and he's got a little fit on. He's got like some Jordan's on a match in OKC SGA Jersey, and he's like, oh, about to step out for a bit, all right. So he leaves three hours later, still not home. So I just sent him at text like reminder, it is Sunday night. So but I also, uh, last I went out to dinner with my wife, came home. I'm home, I'm in bed watching the Sun's game. Demonsey comes in. It's not that late. What's up? What's the problem?
Speaker 3: All right, So the problem here, as you said, three hours later, I might have left the house at seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh you text me at eight eleven.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, that's true. All right, you know that's April o'clock. That's a fair point.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was a little apprehensive. But so then he comes upstairs like to show me his sobriety, and how's yet he's back in the house and I'm not hearing it, and I'm just like, okay, whatever, man, And then what do we hear?
Speaker 3: Dexter barking from outside, whining at that not even barking. So I don't know how long he was outside. I got home at like eleven, I gotten.
Speaker 4: The dog outside, and our dog had been outside in our little breakfast nook area for god not only knows how long. And right as Demons was leaving, I was telling him be more responsible. He had to then let our dog in, who I had totally forgotten about. Why I was watching uninterrupted twelve hours of NBA basketball.
Speaker 5: So not a great listen. A win for you, I'm very happy for you.
Speaker 4: A win for you. Now, you took that win a little too far with some of your attitude and commentary on Today's show.
Speaker 5: So we got a real that back in.
Speaker 4: That's a big win for you, and that's Today's Show.