Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your host. Now fuck that with your low glasses Malone.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was Marcia Day.
Speaker 1: I told everybody that we was gonna have a party here. I should have caught this glasses Malone's birthday party. Nobody showed up for my birthday except everybody at the lunch title. Still didn't show up for my birthday. Pete didn't show up for my birthday party. It's just us, Me and y'all feel me. We're the only ones here, so we're gonna do it all the way up. No Sellers Live the Lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Right here noon Pacific Standard time. Digital soap box. Click the thumbs up button. Let everybody know you and the house. Share this stream with somebody else. Tell everybody you're here. Tell a friend and tell a friend. I do this podcast or this live stream to promote my podcast, No Sellans Podcast. Go check it out Apple Podcasts, iHeart Podcasts, or anywhere you get your podcasts from.
Speaker 2: No Sellans Podcast.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Charlemagne to God, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Charlemagne to God, excuse me.
Speaker 1: The Black Effect Network and Our Heart really dropped a really great podcast yesterday. Make sure you check that out once we hop off. Thank you to everybody, shaid happy birthday. I appreciate it. It's been a cold year, you know what I mean. I had to really with my body into a different shape. No, I didn't have no health scares or nothing like that. It was just time. Like once I got the information, I was able to really gain control of my body and start to make it do things like, uh, use all of the excess you know, energy or fact that that was around. And shout out to everybody that empowered me with that, especially my little brother, YB young brother. You know Cam's little brother, Cam who works on the network, My big brother. But shout out to Elijah, honorable Elijah Muhammad. It's been a journey and this year been crazy. It's been crazy as hell. A lot of y'all know, some of y'all don't know. Obviously. I came into the game with my brother's from tde Top was one of the first people that was like a street executive that.
Speaker 2: Was in my corner.
Speaker 1: I remember when he signed Jay Rock Me, Jay Rock and Nip put out our first mixtapes in two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: My mixtape was called White Lightning. It was a street album.
Speaker 1: Jay Rock's first street album was called Watch Finest Volume one, and Nip's first Nipsey Hussein Recipees. His first tape was called Slawson Boy Volume one. So we all met each other in the same year. When we first came out, I was older than them, you know what I mean. I was already like in the streets. They were really young. Nah might have been like twenty nineteen twenty. Jay Rock might have been like eighteen nineteen twenty. You know, they were all really young. I was like twenty five. I was already a floor fledged game member twenty four twenty five, maybe probably about twenty four. But I had already. They was just coming into being an adults. I was already. I had been thugging in the streets at that point, four five, six, seven years out of school. I mean, I graduated high school at seventeen. So when we first got in this game, it was crazy. It was it was really crazy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We felt like we was on our own, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We didn't always felt embraced by the people. We didn't always feel embraced by the people that we felt like we supported our whole life. So we started our own movement and it was called the White Lightning. Let me excuse me, Jesus, I'm sorry, it was my mind. It was called the New West Movement. Shout out to Bishop Lamont, shout out to Mike stro you know, really my left and right arm and everything we was doing. And again when we first started it like it was really just us trying to make you know, It's like, imagine you on the earth after God flew the earth, so none of the old information is there, Like, none of the old information is there because the earth had been flooded, right, So the earth had been flooded, so there's nobody there. So you just born out of nothingness. And that's how it felt coming into West Coast hip hop. We was like born into nothingness. We didn't have nobody to give us gain. They didn't tell us nothing. They didn't tell us nothing about producing records at least me, nor did they tell us how we should treat each other, what should be the rules coming from just street urban culture into the artistic expression in the community that we call hip hop, the people that put on artistically so shit, Really, we was writing the rules as we went. That's what made it crazy. We were writing the rules as we went. So a lot of the rules that the New West for in two thousand and six, seven and eight was rules that me and my crew was coming up with. Like we were like, okay, one thing we was gonna do was we was gonna help each other. I don't care if this is your first mixtape and I got a single that's the number one song on radio, which had happened four or five times at that point. But like, I didn't have no problem. I'd have no problem putting other people in position to shine. It didn't matter where my record was at. We were all the same. We were all gonna do this together because I knew then it would take a movement. Shout out to LEEI shout out to Mr Green, Monique, Girl six, everybody at the lunch table. To Homie Dante, I'm glad you back, Kelvin, what up my boy? Nick David Jones, Series Squishy, my favorite BB, everybody else Amber, everybody here, fatt what up my boy? So back to the point, Uh, when we started to started to put it together, we just was really running with everybody. You know, I mean, we was running with everybody like we was never like. We just supported each other, you know what I'm saying, as best as we could. And that's all I could ask, you know what I mean, That's all I could really ask, was that we supported each other. A lot of things were inherited, you know what I'm saying, a lot of the issues were inherited. Like remember, I'm coming to the game, like fresh off the corner like this, I'm not no type of music. Matter of fact, the only person I had met in the music industry at that time was Doctor dre Oddly, which is crazy when you think it's like pretty much the centerpiece, the mantle of West Coast hip hop to a degree. He's the only person in the music industry that I had met that I had talked to about music. I'd met him a couple times, you know what I'm saying, and he was really encouraging, you know what I mean. He let me know that I had a future in hip hop, like at a time when I didn't quite know it. So I didn't really have a problem with nobody, no legends, no nothing, like, I didn't know nobody shit that these just dudes I just heard on CDs. Like I heard, they was from around the way, you know what I'm saying. But I didn't know Snoop or Cube or dub They was just you know, niggas that I knew from different communities that made music that was like famous and popular.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know them.
Speaker 1: But Bishop, you know, he had already been trying to get into business for a few years, you know, I mean, he already had been honing this craft as a MC, so he had a different relationship with Snoop Dogg. So whatever, you know, trauma came with him knowing Snoop. I know, he was in a position for DJ Quick to sign him. Mike Stroz battle Catch little brother. You know, a lot of people don't know, but Mike Strow was actually battle Catch younger brother. So he had already been forging his way through the music industry meeting people Topic Topic had already had to deal with DUBC you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That didn't really work out.
Speaker 1: So a lot of the conflict that you heard with the New West and really the foundation was things that I inherited, just being down bringing the same mentality from being a gang bagger into into the space. You know, what I mean, into what we call hip hop, into the space itself, and I'm just riding with the homies, like if they got a problem, you know, we got a problem.
Speaker 2: Now, that don't mean.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: Don't mean that. Like I was, I don't have dish records.
Speaker 1: This in nice Cue, I don't got disrecords, Thistion Snoop Dogg, I don't have dish records. This in DUBC. I don't really have them type of records. You know what I'm saying. I don't have those type of records. All my records is just really what we was on and this is the time. But obviously I inherited everybody else's situation, and you know, I stood up like a real player supposed to. I never ran away from the responsibility of what we started. Now at that point, Kadot is coming into position, right, He's just getting hisself going. As the New West started to kind of dissipate because everybody started to kind of I think it put the legends in position to where they had to like start dealing with the younger acts. They had to take on the task of raising the next generation. They had to take on the task of raising the next generation at that point, we wouldn't be ignored and shout out to you know, all of the legends, because they did. They found people that they took on the task. So to watch Kendrick, right, somebody who I really been knowing again for a long time, was a kid and toured together, you know, chopped it up together, was able to hear his mind, able to do different dope things with him, you know, put him on music and really just listen to him, help him develop. No, even while we're developing at the same time, because it wasn't like we were developed acts, you know, no matter which radio song I had, Like, I wasn't a developed act, Like I was really just raw the culture, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like I wasn't. I didn't know nothing about being no rapper. I didn't know nothing about none of that shit. I was just really a developed talent. Like, excuse me. I wasn't a developed talent. I was, like the real deal I was. I wasn't. Dog Dog had been rapping. Dog had been rapping. Domino taught Snoop Dogg how to write a rap like like in the eighties, you know what I'm saying, Like in the eighties, Domino. Domino, who ended up becoming a platinum artist, taught Snoop Dogg how to write a rap. One two three and this is Oh Gee, the Freaks, could you move?
Speaker 2: You're pretty?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Domino taught Snoop how to write a rap. Like Domino is a platinum act and he taught Snoop how to write a act. You know what I'm saying, Like Ice Cube was already writing raps at fourteen, thirteen years old, when hip hop was in his you know, as far as the records, when it was in his infancy. Remember, he writes this one of the most classic records of all hip hop, all genres, all across the world, Boys in the Hood. He's about sixteen years old, Like he's sixteen, and he wrote a record that's one of probably one of the most important records in the history of hip hop. Sixteen year old Ice Cube wrote that for easy You know what I'm saying. So, like these dudes were really they grew up in the same environment, but they were already into the arts. Like they were already miles ahead of what I would be musically, Like them dudes were already next level coming into the business. Classes was just some dude that used to sell Sharon and gang bang and got some ads in school and was good at chess and a bunch of other things that seemed like their conflict. I mean, my only musical understanding is my mom really loved music.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I didn't know nothing about music like I just my mom loved music. So I knew all of the music that came out. Obviously I saw all the cultural things. But again, you're talking about more of a cultural person, like a phenom, than some taught musician. So I say that to say when it came to Kendrick, like, it was only so much that I could even show him because I only knew. I can only tell him what I experienced that fast and what my sober mind was able to retain from this experience from that point.
Speaker 2: To where I was at.
Speaker 1: So to watch him come full circle into where he's at now right and really find himself as a man, To really find himself as a man, to really position himself culturally, to be the overseer of this culture, to be an overseer of this culture, to understand and embrace the fact that you needed to really bring the streets together because that was something that I was doing, because that's what I really do.
Speaker 2: That's what I had none to do with hip hop. This is what I really do.
Speaker 1: I've really again shout out to the Black Wall Street you know, face g riding game.
Speaker 2: They for the most part put me on.
Speaker 1: It's fair to say like they gave me a platform to showcase my talent.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, These is pi rules. They ain't not crips like me.
Speaker 1: They pile rules my my relative Black Tone from Villagetown, Rest and Peace is the one that connected my music with Fox scent rest In Piece Villagetown Toonis from Villagetown, Pou Tone excuse me, tonis from Villagetown Poux Fox sent rest In Pieces from west Side pou and they are the ones that passed my music to face in g Rid.
Speaker 2: So I was already innately into this thing of crips and bloods.
Speaker 1: My older brother who managed me pretty much my whole career until of recent Pool is from through Town Brim, you know what I'm saying. So I understood when Dot had the line where he didn't feel a part of what the New West was because he never had to be a part of the New West. He was a part of me. He didn't have to understand the whole movement, you know, it was. It was a lot of dissension. It was a lot of people using it to benefit themselves, to get themselves in positions with people, and it's.
Speaker 2: All good, like that's what it was for.
Speaker 1: So to watch it come into a place to where he finally took on the responsibility of the culture, don't let me be wrong. I always thought he represented Compton just fun. I always thought he represented the West Side just fine. I always thought he represented TD just fine. I always thought he represented me just fine, and anybody else that you know, he might have felt poured into his career, I mean, but to watch him take on the responsibility of the streets, it is a task.
Speaker 2: But it is one that we should have to do.
Speaker 1: I explained this to my Homebay Conflict yesterday, and I was telling him being a hip hop artist is truly being an elected delegate of a community. You don't just represent your interests. You are an elected delegate of a community. You are the voice of people that don't have a voice. Now, it's the same reason we get mad at politicians like they don't speak for us. They don't say what we want. So hip hop is very much the burden of culture. If you in this shit just to speak for yourself, then you are fucking up. This ain't just your therapy. This ain't your therapist, It ain't just about you. Hip Hop is the movement of we, not the movement of me.
Speaker 2: Feel me.
Speaker 1: It's the movement of we, not the movement of me. And I don't think people really understand that. I don't think people really get that. I think people getting up in this business and they think to themselves, know what people care about me? Don't nobody give a fuck about you, man, They don't. Everybody got their own problems. We can only live vicariously through you. We want you to be successful. My community wants me to be successful so they can feel successful because maybe they don't have enough time, maybe they got to raise their kid, They have to dedicate their life to creating, you know, creating a lane for another human being to exist and go to another level, so they don't have the opportunities to pursue what I pursue every day.
Speaker 2: So they put into me.
Speaker 1: So it's my job to get onto all these platforms and represent them correctly.
Speaker 2: You know nothing you want to know.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest things to hear in my ears when my older homie plucks say, glasses, man.
Speaker 2: I love how you speak for us.
Speaker 1: It's like my older homie who I looked up to my whole life. You know what I mean, and I love. I love when Shady say, man, gee, you be representing. I love to hear that when people from my community, not just my neighborhood, anywhere. You know, if it's a G honey from on the park, you know, shout out to Redo. If it's a G homie from Carver, shout out to uh Carver t you know, shout out to everybody from my community. Right at the end of the day. I love when them people say, you know, man, thank you Glass. It's like you make us look good.
Speaker 4: Happy see day long. Let's handling. I got that's good man.
Speaker 2: I'm going to work with me. Let me, let me.
Speaker 1: It's shout out to my brother Trap who just popped up on the live. I'm glad he came because nobody else came from my that p that the dudes and shitty I don't know where still that still didn't pick up the phone but.
Speaker 3: No, so.
Speaker 2: My defensive hip hop.
Speaker 1: It's so important to me because again, like I said, it changed my life, Like it's saved my life. Like I'm not exaggerating to y'all. Man, it saved my life. It's saved my life. Like, man, I'd have been in prison for life or possibly dead or very rich off PCP, which I don't like those chances. It's only a handful of people that made it through to get paid see me. So again, when you start saying you're a hip hop artist, remember like you you carry the burden of culture, street urban culture. When they keep saying the culture, it can be two different things. Some people referencing black culture and some people representing what we're talking about the culture. So whichever community you gotta represent. So again, like I.
Speaker 3: With my bad, what.
Speaker 2: Is like.
Speaker 1: If you don't take on a task, are you really a representative?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 1: Are you really a representative? If you take on the task. If you don't want to take on the task, get up out of here. If it's about you, get up out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can. I think that right there.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Because it's always hip hop has always been the voice of the voiceless though, So if you ain't, if you ain't gonna if you ain't gonna be there be the voice of the you know what I'm saying, of the people who can't be heard, you know what I'm saying that represents this hip hop culture, then you might need to sit back, man for a minute. I mean, I'm gonna make some poppy tunes or something like that.
Speaker 1: Pop is mere, Yeah, pop is me, hip hop is we. And it's funny because like you start off trap right and you just become the voice of whichever small community right, let's say, watching Common. But then the more you start getting out there, right, Like for me, when I start going on that crazy sabbatical right stopping town of Town, I felt like I needed to represent the Bronx or Queens as much as I represented Compton or Watts. Like there's a moment that happens where it's like I feel the responsibility to say what everybody from the ghetto want to say. Everybody Like I don't even get the ability just to be, you know, a West Coast nigga or southern California. It got I gotta be like that ghetto nigga for real, Like I gotta be like, well, what would a Queen's nigga want me to say?
Speaker 2: What would a Brooklyn nigga want me to say?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, It's not about you know, there are spaces that this thing has took me into bro to where I'm no longer just a Wats crip. I'm no longer just a nigga that grew up in Compton and Watts. I'm no longer just a nigga that grew up in California. I start to represent every bodies struggle from the ghetto. You know how many platforms trap I visit that it's like that, like I don't just get the luxury of just being no longer just a little la nigga. It's like, no, I gotta be a brother for real, and not like any kind of brother. Like I don't get the luxury or nobody in hip hop really gets the luxury of being just like black.
Speaker 2: You know how we say like, oh, well, you know you're just black because you're black. No no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No no no no no.
Speaker 2: Success that ain't what hip hop is.
Speaker 1: Hip Hop burdens you with the voiceless, so therefore, like you have to speak for black people in the struggle, not just not just the you know the fact of being black, where some rich white man could talk crazy to you and you rich too, but like, really the people, the have nots. Now, there are plenty of spaces where I get there and I gotta be like fuck, like I gotta speak for the have nots.
Speaker 3: So let me this story, right.
Speaker 4: Do you think that that some artists when they when they gained success, and they gained so much success that they they they don't know how to relate to the to the voiceleste anymore. Now they now they start rapping about all the money they got, you know what I'm saying, all the places they've been in the car they driving and ship like that. You think that happens like that?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what's funny, I think more than anything, trapped, I think more than anything, you really.
Speaker 2: Start to see who people are.
Speaker 1: So while it is a burden, and hip hop is the burden of culture, right, while hip hop is the burden of culture very.
Speaker 2: Much, right, it's also a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Like, while it is a responsibility, I have to there's also something innately in my mind that makes me realize I get to you know what I mean I'm a little simple words, which is because like have to and I get to I'm lucky to represent that have now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I think you get people who don't really want to represent them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I think money right, when you start to make money, that is, it frees you, or in your mind, it frees you of the responsibility of representation. It frees you, like now you don't have to because now you already didn't. You know, the wall is pulled on everybody's eyes, Like now everybody in tripping. Now you can sell them success. I had a dude dming me at like eight o'clock this morning talking shit to.
Speaker 2: Me, right, I guess he's it's fair to say he's a Drake.
Speaker 1: Fan or fanatics, telling me that I was obsessed with Drake because he sees content that I'm talking about where I may be commenting on something him and some other guys going through or Kendrick, And I said, that would be crazy to me that you think I would be the fanatic. These are two people I know, like, I know both of these guys. I know them. I know I remember this dude first came in the door. We've met a couple times. We've politiced a couple times. That's for Drake. Kendrick is like, this is my friend, So I'm commenting on something.
Speaker 3: That I know.
Speaker 1: Everybody in the situation he was felt like he could shame me off with Charlemagne. You know Charlomagne. You know he did this.
Speaker 2: I know him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, so you feel like I'm obsessed because I'm talking about people that I know. You don't think you're obsessed because you're talking to people you don't know me. You don't know Drake, you don't know Kendrick, or you don't know Charlotte Magne. But you know, eight o'clock in the morning talking to me about three people that I know that you don't know, and you don't realize who's obsessed.
Speaker 3: You really had that conversation on your cday?
Speaker 2: Man, Oh that was today? That was today?
Speaker 3: You know yesterday, Okay, okay, I hunt everybody.
Speaker 1: Off, all of the all of the parliaments. I want to argue yesterday. I was like, look, I ain't gonna do this today. Shout out to the Squishy because she reminded me. She was like this today, big old you know made you on and you're gonna be arguing with these crazy niggas. I was like, you know what, You're right, I'm tripping. I'll give with you all tomorrow. Shout out to Mike Love, thank you for the fifty dollars. That's how we start the lunch. That's good lunch. Appreciate that. Sorry y'all late your lunch table. I was in the counselor's office. Double shot of Johnny Black on me and Joy Yo c A g Man. I appreciate that, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Demo Radio, thank you for the ten dollars man, great birthday present, player man, I appreciate that. Happy birthday. G you speaking truth today. Enjoy your day, my brother. I appreciate that. That's a fact. It's all week. It's all week.
Speaker 3: It sagity chervice. I'm celebrating. We celebrate the whole week.
Speaker 2: Fuck it if that's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: But it was weird to me that he was diluted to where and I noticed that when people talk to me on Twitter, and I think this is the problem with social media, Like I realized it, and I was telling the homie conflict on his stream. He has a stream. Make sure y'all check it out. It's called Off Prairie. It was like surprisingly, really really good. And I don't want to say surprisingly because Connor is really like an intellect and he's really emotionally intelligent.
Speaker 2: Man. When I tell you this conversation was deep. It was deep.
Speaker 1: So make sure y'all check that out when you get a minute Off Prairie Fire with Prince Angels. But he was saying some stuff to me, and it just made me remember exactly why I'm here.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like, I called you up one day and I told you that shit man, I said, you gotta be like the hip hop dictator. Man, you gotta leve motherfucker. Remember that time out I said. You gotta know what I'm saying. The gatekeepers be. That's it. It's needed.
Speaker 3: Be. It's just needed. It's needed within this culture. Man, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I saw a white man saying I don't really care about that soul ship, that soul ship, some bullshit sampling soul ship, and I'm just thinking to myself, like, what in the fucking may AIGs is going on? I mean, you know that unk ship And I'm like, and so if I genuinely. Ever, I'll be honest. I'll be honest if I genuinely had an issue with Drake, which I really don't. You know what I mean, I don't have issue him at all. Right, Like I like his songs, like I like any other artist songs makes really good records when they're really great. I've never turned his song off for the most part, Like he makes fantastic record. As a man, he's a regular man. He's a good man.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't really know Cus well enough to be judging the type of man he is. But I tell you this, when I used to listen to his music and I finally start understanding what was happening with music, I really blame him for taking the soul out of hip hop. Bro right, and it sounds weird because it's nuanced, and somebody made fun of that's my new favorite word. But it's a great area, right, And it's like the gray area comes from.
Speaker 2: The bass guitar, right, that was there.
Speaker 1: His vocal is the same for equency as the bass guitar. So when he's speaking right, he has to represent what the bass guitar represented in music.
Speaker 2: That sonic that puts soul the music is the bass guitar.
Speaker 1: And because his octave or excuse me, his frequency or his where he's at vocally, it's right where the bass is. They started removing the bass guitar, low end and high end. It's not a ton of med because that's where he goes vocally. So then as he starts being successful, right, people from the culture want to achieve success. They want to achieve success, so they're following what's being successful because that's the one thing.
Speaker 2: Poor people will do.
Speaker 1: You know, we're going to follow what's successful because we want to be successful. We don't want to be poor. We don't want to have be the have nots. We want to have.
Speaker 3: Oh, we create also too.
Speaker 1: So he's literally been the med. Once he set that going, that became the thing of music. So that's why your argument sometimes I can't really argue when you say, man.
Speaker 2: Where is the soul of music?
Speaker 1: You usually are using this critique for drill and I'm like, nah, but it's not their fault. Like, there was a wave of music that started happening, right, and again this is coming from Kanye.
Speaker 2: Tocuz to the owl.
Speaker 1: Right, Kanye had the base in his music because his octave would be right above the base where he was at the owl shit is right at the med. So the feel of the music is the bass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I had a harsh critique or something I didn't really like to me, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Hence, that's where you get a white kid that's able to say I don't like that soul shit. That's like saying you don't like black people. And so when I hear people like Jelil White bro and they like, oh, you know the hood stories, the hood is the bass guitar. If it's just strings, everybody got strings. If it's just drums, everybody got drums. The bass guitar is what makes black.
Speaker 2: Music what it is.
Speaker 1: Even Motown they would use strings, they would still have a fucking bass guitar. So again, if I had a catigue, well for harmony, it would be he removed the soul out of fucking black music. Now is there's still music that do got bass? I mean, don't get me wrong. But again, because it's so popular, right and his records are so popular, hip hop looks like, well he's making rap songs without a bass guitar. I make rap songs as well, So if I want to reach his success, I probably need to remove the bass guitar. And again that's where we get back to Kendrick Lamar. You know, I mean shout out to dot. I'm proud of him projects like like Like like to Pemble Butterfly, where he went out of his way to include the bass guitar.
Speaker 2: Nobody realized that project.
Speaker 1: To me, sonically is a It's like a rebellious moment where sonically the game was trying to go. So while I'm not like, again, I like that record, you know what I mean? I would never say it's as great as GNX as far as what records are and what albums are, but I tell you.
Speaker 2: One thing, it was way more important to.
Speaker 1: Watch him rebel against the current state of music, and that's something nobody else didn't pay attention to. Side note, I never asked and verify, but I really believe King Coot is a drake.
Speaker 3: This they said King Culta was a I think it was drake. I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: I never verified it, but putting everything together that I know and what's happening and then what that album represented. One day I talk to him about it, and I get to him. Maybe I talk to him about it on here, but I know he just he tried to avoid talking, which I could respect that too, crazy. Thank you for five dollars. Great birthday give men. I'm happy for all of it. Nick out here on the road getting to it cuz but I have to tap in. Happy see they.
Speaker 2: Lock my low. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: What his days on. Shut out to girl six. Thank you for the ten dollars. Happy birthday glasses. Just like you, hip hop saved my life. Keep doing what you're doing here, It is appreciated. I'm glad y'all appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have lops today.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Revenge. But he samples great soulful music. It's not all him, but yeah, I agree, he made hip hop soappop that it's in a non soulful space allway. But it's not just about and this is where it kind of It's like it's like saying Kentucky Fried Chicken went out his way to keep soul food soulful.
Speaker 2: Like imagine you.
Speaker 1: Woke up Revenge and everywhere you went, all the food tastes like you went to these popular soulful restaurants and now they just start cooking their food like the kernel. Like they took that recipe, the cold slaw, the mashed potatoes.
Speaker 2: They stopped really making soul food, y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all stopped really making soulful and they start making it like Kentucky fried chicken.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So I get.
Speaker 3: Potatoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I did have a critique, that would be the only critique.
Speaker 2: But I really don't have. I really don't care.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie to you, man, like I'm gonna be honest shout out to two crate grind. Oh nah, y'all talk like Drake the oli rapper. No, no, no, sir, that's not what y'all talk like Drake is the only rapper of the world.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's not the point I'm saying. If I had a critique, that would be my critique.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 1: And the more I realize, bro, the real power and hip hop is that you can see it's not like this in pop music. Pop music happens in waves. Jazz actually used to happen to some degree in waves, you know what I mean. Not in his origin, but like when it became this mans tream success R and b happens in waves. Hip hop is the one thing that allowed these unique perspectives to happen at once. You can have this kind of funk bassed you know what I'm saying. It's funk based g funk shit that Doctor Dredd Snoop is creating, right, that's I mean, it's just the funkiest bass lines with mog keyboards and you know these leads yo, just fantastic at the same time, and it could be as successful as this guy from Staten Island with these dirty samples that sound like they were converted in like for a bit.
Speaker 2: They just you could hear the fuzz on a record and.
Speaker 1: He's sampling this song and they're explaining to you how cash rules everything around me at the same exact time, right, and it's nine people rapping on one song and it's just this dirty thing where the drums is just you know, doing shit, and the melody is faint, but it's it's pronounced, you know what I'm saying, and they're speaking this language. It could happen at the same time as this big old dude that's selling sex appeal. He got to be three hundred pounds six foot one, black as the Knight look crazy lazy eye, and he could come on and finest women with this smooth version of R and B and you know, and it's just smooth and it's clean, and it's just gorgeous the way it sounds, and it's coming out. It ain't all funky, but it's it's it got a soul to it, and it's happening right then and there. At the same time, it's some niggas from the country.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 1: Where they shit is kind of funky, but they speaking a whole different language.
Speaker 2: It could happen at once. It could happen at once.
Speaker 1: That's what makes what you would call this genre special.
Speaker 2: It never had.
Speaker 1: To be homogenized like other genres like it is now.
Speaker 2: It never had to be.
Speaker 1: I do think money became an important thing for everybody over the last fifteen sixteen years, seventeen years.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I do think people wanted to be successful, you know, I do think there's a lot less barriers for entry. So you do have a lot of people repeating the same thing. So I'm not blaming anybody. I understand what I know what wanting to be wealthy feels like I know what wanting to be famous feels like. I know the desire and you can't help. But look at what's going on. You know what I'm saying, and it matters, But I do blame hip hop again. Shout out to two K grind on nine. What you just said didn't circle around the bass guitar. It was them bringing their own thing to the game. It was all based guitar driven.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: I like the fact that that you elaborated on the fact that everything was able to be different and that so cooking color the way ship seems right now though you think have to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how you think we got to the Cookie Coultor stage?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: What it was it?
Speaker 4: The success that came along with Oh, I've seen this person right here become success. I'm gonna do it the way he did it instead of doing it the way you wanted to do it the way you You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: What do you think it was that right there?
Speaker 2: No, that's a great question.
Speaker 1: We'd have to go into why the original people did it this way from the beginning. Yeah, we'd have to go originally, why they do this while they was doing this thing?
Speaker 2: From the beginning.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I mean, I think.
Speaker 1: I think, I think what happened was all of those musicians were inspired by what they grew up listening to the music, the producers, the DJ.
Speaker 2: Right, I think.
Speaker 1: That was what was working, right, and they were listening to soul and funk and R and.
Speaker 2: B or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: You could hear the funk and the P funk and Doctor Dre and Snoops music. You could hear the the kind of.
Speaker 2: The R and B jazz and the stuff.
Speaker 1: You could hear the jazz and Pete Rock or let's say that the jazz and puff stuff. You know, he definitely had more of a funky style jazz, but you could hear it in it.
Speaker 2: You could hear the R.
Speaker 1: And B, the the Anita Baker or the or the Gladys Knight and Bone. You could hear the blues and the ghetto boys, right, you could hear that. So when they transitioned all of that stuff into hip hop, right, they were transitioning real music relationship. And I think over the time, hip hop started leaving its own fingerprint, you know what I'm saying, And now people were being raised off of just hip hop.
Speaker 3: Hip hop. Yeah, I get you. So you get.
Speaker 2: More rappers today, right you?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: You you getting?
Speaker 1: You get more rappers today that are just rapping because of rap, Like that was something that conflict. Asked me, Prince Ashless asked me the music. He said, what rapper made me want to rap? And I'm like, no rapper made me want to rap.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not saying I didn't noticed rappers before. I'm just saying, no rapper, I never saw a rapper rapper like me, I want to do that now. Again, every MC got their own journey, you know what I'm saying. But that was not my journey. I mean when I started rapping, I start thinking like damn, okay, who would I want to rap?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: But I felt like I started rapping because I needed to say certain things, Like I was truly driven by the culture, you know, to speak, Like when I say the culture, I'm I mean La Streetlight to speak. So again I think what happened, you know, because we're really talking two thousand and nine, We're not talking to the two thousands. Because even if you go into the two thousands, like let's say two thousand and five, game album sounds completely different than Jez's album. Mm hmm it none of that shit sounds the same.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 1: Jez, who else came? Who came out in two thousand and five in New York.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and five in New York.
Speaker 2: Not the guys that was already out, but I think they had.
Speaker 3: A new act. Black albums dropped around that time.
Speaker 1: You're not not the guys who are already experimenting with some dudes. Yeah, Kanye is out in two thousand and five. Kanye album doesn't sound anything like Game or g Z album.
Speaker 4: G Z Wayne came out. We called a tour around that time. Come and came out, Massacre came out, you said, not fifty though, Yeah, came out, Beans came out, the becoming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like even if you take what beings had already been in the game. But my point is, I think we started talking about when it when it came to the computer. When it got to the computer, like the the the computer created less barriers and entry. Yeah, like when you didn't have to go and save up to buy a NPC or SP or any of the things that you had to do with music. You know what I mean to to to really prove your commitment. Hold on still.
Speaker 2: Calling me, calling me.
Speaker 3: It was up in eighty d last night.
Speaker 1: Your commitment, right, like your commitment had to be. You really had to be into this. It was no chance that you know what I mean, you was playing around and I think again, and this is the thing that is really hip hop for sure, making it more available to people that can't afford it, you know, I mean that sho shout out to the programmers, the fruity loose guys and all of those guys.
Speaker 2: That's like the most hip hop thing.
Speaker 1: But what happens is you also get a lot of people that probably shouldn't come through the door, right, people that are only motivated by money, that are.
Speaker 2: Only motivated by money.
Speaker 1: See, you know previously you couldn't you know, you didn't get people that was only motivated by money, you know. I mean, by two thousand and nine, you could get a lot of people that was.
Speaker 2: Only motivated by money.
Speaker 1: So therefore it wasn't as much study, you know, it wasn't as much you know, something to really express. It was like, Okay, I could start making beats and make some money. And now if you come into this business thinking about making money, right, it's like you're going to look at what's making money. And if you came in this business in twenty ten or eleven, it was hard to not notice who was making money. So guess what You're going to format it? You know what I'm saying. You start to format it, right, You start to format it like what's making money because you want to make money. It's available, This is why you got into it. So that is what pasteurized it. So while it is the greatest thing to happen in hip hop and it is going to give us more culture than we ever had from different places, it's also going to give us a lot of bullshit like fast food restaurants. Fast food restaurants started off as a great idea, but as it became more of a money making thing, you know what I'm saying, And guess what, you got a lot of boo fast places that do not nerurish your body. Even now, the places that were pretty decent, they got to compete with the places that really don't care and doing it for money, so they gonna lower their quality of product.
Speaker 2: You feel me, So that's what happened to me.
Speaker 3: Trap Now I.
Speaker 4: Could dig it. I can definitely dig it though, Like I always say to people all the time. I say, if you're going, if somebody asks you if we can get some good food phone, you know what I'm saying. They ain't gonna point you to the bullsh to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: To McDonald's, McDonald's over there on thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Over there, you know what I'm saying. So that's what I always think like that. But now hip hop, man, it is just something that that that the originality within it. It's kind of been cut short a lot lately, though, Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And it still exists, but it's so much of the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That we get lost there. Trust me.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to music and I'm listening with's going on. I'm like, okay, cause I see what's going on. I see it, feel me. I see what's going on. But when you're confident in what you do, when you're confident in what you do right, you don't even have to like people tell me, like the Homies was telling me, like, man, dot just blew it open with the sound. And I'm laughing, like what sound. I don't even hear what people say in the sound. That whole thing of wave and sound is so beneath where I'm at as a hip hop act, as a hip hop where that don't even I don't care what nobody else is doing that like I'm in the Like the spirit of jam Master Jay is in a nigga, man, the spirit of Eric Wright is in a nigga.
Speaker 2: I don't care what nobody else is doing them.
Speaker 1: Niggas can't fuck with what I'm gonna bring to the table culturally. I'll be laughing people like, but you gott hurry up and drop something, g because you know what Kendrick just did.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck what Dot just did.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, I don't Outside of being a fan of good music, I'm not listening to what Dot did and thinking about I said, I need to go back in and make some changes. Nigga, Please, nigga, I'm about to put on at another level.
Speaker 2: It don't matter what he did.
Speaker 1: Now you have to again, because you're in the business, right, you have to be mindful. But I'm laughing, like y'all think this is what hip hop is about. You're trying to make some shit that sound like another nigga shit. You well, you know his shit sound like mine's nigga. That niggas shit is a cultural revelation out of this world. It is not about how the music sounds, Nigga. You could put out a thousand songs that sound like that shit and it won't have the same effect. That ain't how this shit work. This shit in his prime is a bunch of shit that sound different. I never mistake a puff record for a Doctor Dre record. I never mistaked a motherfucking uh uh. I'm losing my mom. But who do our cast music?
Speaker 3: Organized noise?
Speaker 2: I never.
Speaker 1: I never in my life heard an organized noise record and thought it was a Doctor J record. I never heard a DJ Unique record and thought it was a Pete rock record.
Speaker 2: So what the fucking sound got to do with anything?
Speaker 1: People asking me talking about some sounds or I'm like, bro, you have to develop a cultural a cultural thing that you're gonna feed to the people that you're gonna represent a group of people with right, and then you deliver it. This is just a soundtrack. People talk about sounds. So everybody finna come out with a song that sound like TV off. That shit ain't gonna happen. You can't make that song. You dumb ass mother. You can't make that song. M you can't do that. That's not what this ship is about. And that's where I've been trying to get people to understand. Shout out to Joey west Side, a G. What's your favorite restaurant to go? Sit it down at a favorite restaurant? Probably Del Frisco's in New York Manhattan.
Speaker 3: That wasn't no sign, that wasn't outside.
Speaker 1: Because I was wearing shorts and I was like, damn's say, Bosting Nova. No, No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't eat Boston Nova. That shit horrible.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: Shout out to La Man. I'm not fucking Boston. Boston Nova is just a thing in Hollywood when the street in the morning. That's better than Dennis. That ship is not regular time of day, that regular time of day eating for I'm not eating that ship at no regular time of day.
Speaker 3: Y'all heard that close Berries Close barries in.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't been in a while.
Speaker 1: Shout out to two K grind on nine recipes reco away at that part.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm getting old getting names.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Kevin back in the day that was called biting, trying to fucking rite it was, It's still called biting, and it's revenge. All artists got fitted, they getting them off YouTube.
Speaker 2: I'm crying.
Speaker 1: They just and I respect it, forgive me, like, don't let me sound like. I don't want to sound like an elitist of hip hop. That's another thing too, As very much as I understand moving forward my place as as truly like a dictator of this, as a tyrant to defend hip hop's honor and to keep it pure, to keep it with ghetto people as long as possible, so people keep getting opportunities because eventually the business is gonna you know, they gonna rock and roll this shit. It's gonna happen. But I feel like, as the furor of hip hop at this point, right, it's important, right that I really speak for it, and I don't want to be elitist. I don't want to be so pure that I want y'all to think that people that I'm saying aren't hip hop are not worthy of enjoying.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying people that aren't hip hop don't make great rap songs.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: People that aren't hip hop, aren't worth us enjoying their music. But we definitely don't have no business making them people us. We definitely don't have no business selling it out. So somebody whose story is being told already in masses can use our shit to tell their regular ass story. We only got this lane. We don't have a lot of lanes. We got Tooby and hip hop. We got Tooby and the hip hop. We cannot give.
Speaker 3: It up shut out to be.
Speaker 2: We gotta hold this thing a little bit. We gotta hold it.
Speaker 1: We gotta hold it longer than our ancestor Hell, longer than our ancestors Hell rock and roll. We gotta hold it a little long than our ancestors Hell Jazz. We gotta hold it. Gotta keep something for the ghetto to keep expressing itself.
Speaker 3: I want to say somebody.
Speaker 4: I want to say somebody say, hip hop's like the only drama just being let the people infiltrate. You know what I'm saying, Like like, well, we're trying our best not to, but they every so often they keep trying to do it though, you know what I'm saying, They keep trying to do it, but we won't let it happen. You know what I'm saying, because it's ours so much and it has to be done by us in order for it to be successful, and took it in by the world.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what I think.
Speaker 1: That's where this conversation again, that's why I said that, that initial conversation specifically, like I said, you know how I felt like we talked about it with Kanye before. I mean why I told you like to me, that was the first part where it started getting loose, like right where, oh, it's not quite Kanye West, like tribe is not quite Kanye West. They are. I never felt no matter if Dayla I saw what the college, I never got better than niggas. I never got that from Daylight. So I never got that from Troup. I never got that from ll COJ, nobody else who came from working class communities. I never got that feeling from them.
Speaker 3: Yay forgive me, forgive.
Speaker 1: Me for being honest about Yay because everybody know Yay is in my top five and I love Yay. But Yay is the first time I started getting that energy like I'm better than the streets, I'm better than you niggas that was the first time I felt it. Not saying it was true. I'm not saying it's his message. I'm not saying that trap it was.
Speaker 4: It was the pig Polo coming through looking like the Peppy Boys. Stand was it was? It like was it wasn't the Raps because he was talking about being being an everyday man.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I don't think hip hop is about being the everyday man. I think hip hop is about being us every day like And I don't mean just like at the elite level of blackness. I mean like talking like us, being like us, really being a part of the have not.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I never got that from everywhere. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: I did find different people who just mess with words. They were like dope guys of English words. They would just flip English words. I'm not saying that again. I really tread carefully when I talk about Kanye West, because everybody knows Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Everybody know I.
Speaker 1: Love Yay, so you know, I really have to protect his legacy as much as I can critique it. So I feel like he is the first thing where people felt like he was not he was completely away from the streets. That was the first time people ever got that feeling like and people felt like they had something right that was a little bit more suburban. So people that was from the suburbs could be like, oh, I came in through Kanye. It's not so much that you know, like, it's not about shout out to Kevin. It's not about him not writing the raps. He didn't write his rap Puff didn't write his raps. That's not I'm not saying the art merit of it, right, but what I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: The cultural part of it.
Speaker 1: Like I think Yay is the first person you know, and it's gonna sound crazy, but he's the first person that I felt like culturally he was fucking generic.
Speaker 4: So so let me ask you this, right, So we were just saying about the voice of the voiceless, right, so you didn't feel as if somebody that came from the hood but went to college, you know what I'm saying, should have had a voice within him, say my soul.
Speaker 2: That's tried to me. That's what that feels like.
Speaker 1: He come from he come from different, though he's different them niggas still felt like, like, forgive me for lack of better words. They still felt like slaves, they still felt like people that somewhere they came from poor people and they went to college. Yay, felt like a freedman who went to college. I'm talking about the first album, bro, I'm talking about College Dropout. As much as I love that record, Like, I think he used soul samples to make us feel a deeper story, what's happening when his story was surface and ship, his culture was surface.
Speaker 2: Human being in America broke his break break. That's normal.
Speaker 1: People break bones, especially people that get in car accidents. That's an all American story.
Speaker 3: Like if the.
Speaker 1: Depth of your struggle or your all American story is like, hey, I got in a car accident and I had insurance and I rehab myself and I wanted to wrap.
Speaker 2: I just don't know how, and don't get me wrong, like again, bro, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's what Eddie Winslow already did it. It was on television, theo Huxtable did. It was on television like that. We didn't need it here it was. It was not a voice of the voiceless. It was never not represented in mainstream I'm not on you revenge.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not on you, bro, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: Look, this is why I don't never be one that had his conversation, which y'all it.
Speaker 4: Needs to happen. Though it needs to happen, man, come on, it didn't need.
Speaker 1: To happen because I'm telling you that opened the door for a Jewish man that can use the N word. Because they was like, well, he's like him. No, he is not like this guy or maybe.
Speaker 6: Her Chicago man some degree, but it is different.
Speaker 2: Let me stop, because that was that's a little lo like.
Speaker 1: Again, Man's like, that's when hip hop started going against the streets. Like the depth of college dropout was about working at the mall being accused of stealing pants. That is not some unique black story. It is not a story that needed to be told.
Speaker 2: And I don't think I.
Speaker 3: Think it did. It did.
Speaker 2: That's a standard story in America.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, heavy Black people are not a mono lift. You know what I'm saying that we're.
Speaker 2: About black people.
Speaker 4: No, but but all right, But the struggle comes in different ways though, be you know what I'm saying. It don't just come from y'all. I gotta sell drugs. This that this no, it comes from yo. Listen, I gotta wake up and go to.
Speaker 3: Work, and.
Speaker 1: It's about the struggle unique to street urban culture. Of course people in hip hop had just that street urban No, he said.
Speaker 2: He did not say it was boosted.
Speaker 3: He was still the store.
Speaker 2: No, he said.
Speaker 1: They accused him of stilling o the store and everybody that get a college job steals the store, all the white people. I'm telling you, bro, look shout out to super Jedi.
Speaker 2: This is a fact. I don't think college drop out. It didn't. It did not age.
Speaker 3: Well mind that's it did.
Speaker 2: Yes, No, it did. I think the music aged.
Speaker 1: The message sounds like he wants hip hop to just be for black folks. Of course, not the fact that, okay, two K grind, you might not be black. Everybody that come from street urban culture is not black. The story al Capone like you know, Whitey Bulger. They white people, yo, Jewish people come from the ghetto. It's a lot of people who praying from the ghetto.
Speaker 3: It's everywhere.
Speaker 1: So yes, okay, so you are black, So again, forgive me, brother, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, of course, I don't want it to just be for black people. I wanted to stay of street urban culture because that's the thing that makes it special. If it becomes just mainstream and every person could use it, it doesn't matter, No Jesus Walks didn't age well, yes it did. Didn't age well, yes it did. No, it didn't right now, don't let me wrong. But again, college dropout, it's not quite my beautiful, dark, twisted fantasy.
Speaker 3: But that was that. That was because it was a different It was different, sis.
Speaker 1: No, that's because I think Kanye West took off the training wheels. I think college drop out is jay On training wheel. I think, uh, late registration is jay On training wheels. I think graduation is jay On training.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm not letting you do that.
Speaker 2: I'm not training.
Speaker 4: That's the best trilogy to ever come out of hip hop, right, it's the best trilogy to ever come out of No, and it's the least.
Speaker 2: And it's the least hip hop of all hip hop?
Speaker 3: How the hell is it the least? You just die? No, music is the key of hip hop. Those are not what I said.
Speaker 1: But that's not what I said, But I honored the thought. That's not what I said. Yes, I am a Kanye fan. But revenge just because I'm a fan of somebody and I support them. They are not above critigue. So that's the one thing about No Seilings Again. This is No Seilings Live Lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon Pacific Standard time. Click the thumbs up button. Let everybody know you here, Share this conversation. Tell everybody Glasses is critiguing Kanye West and all of hiss on his birthday, on my c day.
Speaker 2: This is what we do.
Speaker 1: Shout out to you right, Go into the disc scription subscribe to the No Seilans podcast, Apple podcasts, Ieheart Podcast, or anywhere you get your podcasts. The No Seilans Podcast executive produced by Charlomagne to God, the Black Effect Network and iHeart right and I dropped a really incredible pod yesterday on my birthday, right about conversation on what's gangster where we get further into cripping and blooding, and we're supposed to talk about it a little bit more today, but we went somewhere else today and we're gonna stay right here.
Speaker 2: You're gonna stay right here again.
Speaker 1: Like I think that's like Kanye understood what the music needed to be to translate to us.
Speaker 2: I think he is.
Speaker 1: Very much a scientist, but I think when you listen to the depth of what's going on on the records, it just don't really have no depth.
Speaker 3: Get out of here. I'm not going for that man.
Speaker 4: That man was speaking for these, for these he was the voice of the voiceless of the and that's why that whole triller. He stayed within the college people. They didn't have no you saying it's quest did a video on top of the cleaners on Lindon Bulevard, the street.
Speaker 3: There wasn't no college, motherfucker. They were street niggas big, but they were street niggas that went to college.
Speaker 4: Some niggas ain't going to college got signed to like sixteen I.
Speaker 3: Went to college.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, that's the feel of it. The people in college. Black people in college need a fuck. They have a fucking TV show, A Different World is all about black college. It's no, they're not voiceless. College is the loudest voice in the world.
Speaker 3: Him is not a real school. You know that, right? Who know him? Is not a real school? Right? He's a him him and is not.
Speaker 2: A real school.
Speaker 3: I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm saying No, it's not a real school. He's crazy. No glasses loves backpack era.
Speaker 1: Glasses love backpack era, Like, it's not backpack. Kanye is not a backpack rapper.
Speaker 4: Was a fake, That's my point. He's a braggadocious rapper. It's a bragadocious rapper. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: That's my point. Like, he's not a backpack rapper. And this is the crazy part. Everybody who wants to get in hip hop that really that is not drenched in culture. All they gotta do is lie and tell people they're a backpack rapper. All they gotta do is start rapping with backpack rappers.
Speaker 4: Level.
Speaker 2: If you not like a cultural dude, the easiest way to get.
Speaker 1: In is through the conscious side, because you could just act like you like a backpack rapper.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, bro Like that used to be.
Speaker 1: The argument with people when I would critigue Drake on his street urban culture presence through his music. They'd be like, when he did songs with Little Brother and he rapped on all of these was.
Speaker 6: Look the rest in peace, theylla deylla, he rapped Odyla.
Speaker 2: Like he rapped on it. I'm like, cuz I hate that that.
Speaker 1: Is the entry level into motherfuck to where you be like that's hip hop because you know he wrapped it. He knows Deyla is fucking Dela passed away and was main Street.
Speaker 2: Every fucking body likes Little Brother. Everybody. If you go to a Little Brother concert, everybody is there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what I think it is though, because it's no it's no authenticity. Check within that with within that that side right there, so you don't gotta check it. Nobody's gonna check it. See does he really mean what he's saying right now about this conscious rap that he's doing though, you know what I'm saying, just delivered to.
Speaker 2: A Guccie backpack. A Gucci backpack is the antithesis.
Speaker 1: It's the It's the antonym of fucking conscious and fucking backpack.
Speaker 3: You gotta have a jance for it. You gotta have a chance for it.
Speaker 2: You cannot have it defeats the purpose.
Speaker 1: If you have a fucking Gucci backpack as a backpacker like you, that's like having lightly seasoned soul food.
Speaker 2: It's like cooking spinish.
Speaker 1: Like greens that don't go together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen that video the other day, right and the dude or first. The video shows old girl season, her sees her chocoal.
Speaker 6: She season the chocolate and white, and the white man was like, Okay, we got at least lightly season and chicken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw that good white people be done.
Speaker 1: Where they fucking season in the chargo. So okay, Wait, are you saying shout out to the homie don dubs?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Are you saying middle class kids can't be hip hop? No, that's not what I'm saying. That's not what I'm saying. Everybody can be a rapper. I'm saying, but street urban culture. Middle class kids need to be bathed in eat urban culture to be hip hop. There is nothing not voiced about a middle class lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: Most programs are about middle class lifestyle. So I'm not saying middle class people can't be hip hop. I'm telling you they have to be bathed in street urban culture. Mind you right. Inglewood is considered a middle class community. Carsoner is considered a middle class community. It's not middle class. They just can't be middle class middle class. They still need to be street urban cultured middle class people. Shout I'll tell okay from the bad glasses in this hot tape this is not a damn hot take. Olka, Okay, it's not a damn hot I'm out of y'all making it like my takes is hot just because I'm making you think a little bit more.
Speaker 3: He cook, he cook, He just cooking.
Speaker 1: I'm not giving you a hot take. Hip Hop can come inside of your house, right It could be your parents. You can live in a suburb, but if your parents is a bunch of street people, your ass hip hop. Listen, your parents can be good people, but if they raise you in the community, your ass hip hop. You could be somebody who your parents are not hip hop, and your neighborhood particularly is not hip hop. But then when you go to school, your whole life, all you do is running too street urban culture people. All you do is run to them, and you still could be hip hop. But you gotta be somewhere bathe in street urban culture. I do not want to hear middle class people rapping about being fucking middle class. That's not hip hop. Just because you can rap don't make you hip hop. Just because you like jay Z don't make you hip hop. I don't care how much you emulated. If you don't speak the language, if you don't understand the fashion. If you don't understand what makes this thing special, you are not.
Speaker 4: I think it should show your pinches that you got up in the in the stool one day. Yeah, some dope ass pictures. Fine, some dope pictures like that you got. You got a bunch of them ships, older man kings of hip hop right there.
Speaker 3: That's just fire.
Speaker 1: So again, like I'm not saying, I'm not saying, no middle class people rapping about middle class ship is not hip hop. It's not. You don't fucking need hip hop, bro, you don't fucking need hip hop. Fuck man, you don't fucking need hip hop.
Speaker 3: Bro. What they got though, what they got though.
Speaker 1: Music, Man, they fucking already got popping.
Speaker 2: They already have representation.
Speaker 3: Iro's not a representation of nobody.
Speaker 2: It's a representation of most Americans. It's regular. Look you, m h. I'm saying, no, we hip hop doesn't need that.
Speaker 3: No you.
Speaker 1: If you have a Gucci backpack, that's not no fucking backpack. That's not what they mean when they said backpack. Shout out to two K grind on nine. Will Smith won't like not been. Will Smith is from Philadelphia. He did not avoid the Colture.
Speaker 2: He could not He could not avoid the coach. Will Smith could not avoid the culture.
Speaker 3: It was outside of his house.
Speaker 1: Said, look, there's a very general line, right, there's a very general line. If you're in Philadelphia, your ass is the coachure. I don't care which part of Philadelphia you It's fucking Philadelphia. So yo, Yeah, Will Smith is the fucking coach. I don't care what money they got. It's Philadelphia. You can't even they don't even have a nice neighbor hoods in Philadelphia, bro, Like the best neighborhood in Philadelphia still look like you somewhere close to the bullshit, Like Philadelphia is a unique place. I went out there, hung with Deshan Jackson. Shout out to d jack first Battle Hall of Famer in football. Eventually just amazing talent from LA. I went to his house. He lived in a nice mansion. That shit looked like we were still in the hood. So, yes, Will Smith is fucking hip hop. He's from fucking West Philadelphia. I don't care if it is a middle class community. It is surrounded in nigga shit in culture. Yes, Will Smith is fucking hip hop Kanye Yes, Like I struggled to understand what's going on.
Speaker 2: But I really think.
Speaker 1: He's it's more music than him, right, it's more music than him. But again, that's a whole other conversation, and y'all obviously not ready to have it. I'll be thinking, y'all be on this thing making shit with me, but y'all really don't. Y'all just be making me think I'm fucking crazy, like y'all don't know, Like a fucking car accident ain't fucking that's regular. That's American shit. And I'm not mad at it because he used a Shaka con temple. That shit brought it home that nigga had insurance in a car accident. I think that's great. I'm not saying he's not hip hop demo. I'm not saying that, bro, It's not what I'm saying. I'm just thinking out loud. I'm thinking out loud. I'm thinking out loud. I'm not saying he's not hip hop. Obviously, I think Drake's not hip hop. I'm sure Drake's not hip hop, right. I think obviously Post Malone is not hip hop. There's a few people that I know that are not hip hop, right, But that don't make them not fantastic rappers. I'm not saying Kanye is not hip hop. I thought about it, and I'm saying when I when I listen to his raps, they are middle class raps. To some degree, they are middle class raps. But I can't jump out on the ledge. But that's also bro why he also is doing shit that we be thinking is crazy, like running around with this white lady and all this dumb ass shit. That's why we be looking at him strange. He's ours, but we'd be looking like, what the fuck are you doing? Like that's you ever noticed? That's why that shit be happening, Like, what the fuck is happening? What are you fucking doing? Why did this lady walking around with tape on as an outfit? She taped her titties and taped her ass and taped her vagina, and that's her fucking outfit.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 1: He said, as a fucking teenager or as a kid, he had a picture of Maryland Monroe on his fucking wall. Who the fuck like Maryland Monroe when we was young, see revenge, This is revenge. You grew up in the suburbs, right, I think it's in Tennessee right, who You didn't have no picture, no fucking Marilyn Monroe as no fucking thirteen all the finance sisters out in the nineties, in the eighties, you had a picture of Marilyn Monroe. No, you fucking didn't. Then none of us think Marilyn Monroe was fine. That was the white lady that was sleeping with the president. That's all we knew about her. She was kind of cute when she was sleeping. She was like a little slut sleep with the president. Forgive me, because that lady passed away. So I don't want to just be shitting on that lady. None of us had no I swear to god, the man said he had Marilyn Monroe on his wall.
Speaker 2: Kanye be talking some shit, and I'm not mad at him. I think he is great.
Speaker 1: Guinea's in my top five. It's fucking Kanye West. I'm just being honest with the critigue. Like this is something he said, look at this white lady. Keep he keep bouncing from white lady to white lady, right, keep bouncing. It's like you got this white lady that looked like the last white lady and she.
Speaker 3: Walking around with no that shit.
Speaker 1: It's weird to us. No, everybody from Cali is not hip hop. Cali is a huge state where people don't all have to be in hip hop, so we don't. We're not like Philadelphia. Now, if you came from Compton, Compton is like Philadelphia. That's like Philadelphia. Philadelphia is like even in nice areas. The culture is the culture. You ain't getting away from it. I don't care what you do in Philadelphia, your ass is gonna get the coature because Philly ain't no fucking joke. They that's a dope ass deep town. So again, I'm not saying, yeah, it's not hip hop. I'm just critiguing what I noticed the more I learned about what hip hop was for me. So again, like y'all gotta ease up. Stop definding. I'm not attacking your right to hip hop. I'm telling you what it is. That's all I'm saying. Bro, Like that man be doing some crazy shit that don't represent all of us. And that is the one thing, Like, what is being black? If it ain't about how you treat other black people? It's being black about how white people treat you or how you treat other black people. You get what I'm saying, how you see other black people, you just be doing some crazy shit. That's my man, bro.
Speaker 2: Real story.
Speaker 1: Kanye liked my music early on, and a lot of people say Bro, like gee, people will think Glasses getting his own way, and I get why they say that.
Speaker 2: Shout out to.
Speaker 1: Pun from the community, different homies who think I get my way because I really stand on certain things and it's not just standing for nothing, Like I don't just be tripping, but I see it differently. I really care about what people think of me and my community. That shit matter to me, Like I don't need billions of dollars, Like I make more than enough money to take care of myself. Now you know what I'm saying. So I don't need millions of dollars for verification. I'm really the nigga in real life. I walk around every day and I'm that nigga that don't change. It ain't a room of people that I've been in. I could be in a room with Dog and I'm that nigga in that room with Snoop Dogg. It's fucking Snoop Dogg, and I'm that nigga. I could be in a room with Doctor Dre and people asking me questions because I'm that nigga for real. I'm not talking shit. I'm saying culturally, is just this thing going on that I represent it truly like it's really me. So I don't have the insecurity that I need a bunch of extra economics or excess economics. Feel me to be somebody no matter which room I mean, I'm that nigga. People looking at me, they gonna stop and talk. So but if being black is not how you treat other black people or how you see black people what I'm saying, then what is it?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Bro Like?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Here's a real story, two real stories that people felt like I got in my own way. First story, Kanye West loved me. He thought I was dope, told the Homeboy plane Pat shout out to John Monopoly. John Monopoly is my man. Y'all heard his name. I heard his name a million times around the conye cecle. John Monopoly is an early fan of Glasses Malone, same for Loupez Yasco, same for Chile, the early fans of Glasses Malone, and really thought that I was a phenomenon when it comes to culting, right, I didn't even know what the fuck it was. But they was into what I was doing. Shout out to jay Z to this day. Still love right, still text me say dope, shit, that's not the point. So Kanye was an early believer in Glasses Malone I got certified. He's like, man, I want to work with that dude. So they say, hey, Glasses, come to the studio. This is the same studio that Hit Boy work at. Right now, Uh, what's the name of the studio.
Speaker 7: I don't know anyway, where it's at on l A sound like lebre Anyway, Long story short, Kanye wants me to come to the studio.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I love Kanye. You know this is early Kanye. This is two thousand.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get to that all in. I got you. Let me get to that. Let me finish this.
Speaker 1: So I go to the studio playing pat like, man, Glass come up here, Kanye want to meet with you, blah blah. I'm like, all right, cool, Like, I like Kanye, this is two thousand and eight. Sell them eight, you know what I mean. I'm like yeah, yeah, I like Yay. That's the dude that got the college drop out and you know lay registration. Yeah, that dude is tough. So I go to the studio. I'm like, all right, uh I meet the front desk. They say, okay, he's in the back studio right here, just go a way for him. He had to go grab some stuff. I said, no problem, So I walked back there. I walk in the room.
Speaker 2: It's a bunch of fucking candles lit.
Speaker 1: Like old candles, like brass candles, cuz they just all lit up candles everywhere cuse they lit up in the room dark.
Speaker 2: So I walked in the room and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just sitting there and it's just a hundred fucking candles lit and it's dark, and these candles look weird. Cousin, I'm like, the fuck is going on? Cuz so he's about to put you in. They're about to put you in, about to put you in. Illuminati's about you.
Speaker 7: Nah.
Speaker 1: No, I just didn't understand how. I didn't understand how vibe work at the time, because again, I'm really the coat. I didn't understand vibe. I'm not gonna say that because I don't believe Yay is like that. That's one nigga. Nobody count That's what nigga came. Nobody convinced me of about spirituality. That's the one thing we didn't argue about history that as been coaching this or even sometimes his blackness could be weird. But one thing spiritually, I know we are in alignment. You feel me, but I didn't understand vibe. So it's all these candles because and they brass and gold and shit, and I'm like, what the fuck cauz like I don't know what's going on, Like I don't know what's happening, Like, what the fuck is going on? Because this shit is horrible? So I'm like, damn, long story short three minutes. I'm like, I can't be in here, bro, I gotta go.
Speaker 2: So I just leave.
Speaker 1: I don't go tell plane Pat, I don't hit but not I don't say nothing. I just get on. About twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Pat hit me. He like, gee, when youre at, I was like, gonna have to go do something cause you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He's like, all right, just let me know when you're coming back. I never went back.
Speaker 4: That was your chance, be to get at the ruin AI be you will shit it be you wushit it to the roof right now? What that was your moment suh.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it, cause it just I didn't know. I was ignorant. But I just like, so I'm saying this, I don't believe cousins on no bullshit.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't, no, bro, And I'm not having it. I'm not having it. I'm not having it because I'm murdering right now. This glass is the lowe because I'm hopping out and I'm still worse right now.
Speaker 3: But I'm not having it.
Speaker 1: But at least I understood vibe because now my studio be dark and I got lights. They go up in the sky, cuts and clouds and lights and ship to keep the arm beyond Popper, so I get on beyond. I didn't get it. Then, I didn't get it, like setting the workspace, I didn't know. But I'm being honest saying that, like I'm not having it if it's Kanye, I don't know if it's Michael Jackson, because turn the lights on. See the real life, I should have just turned the fucking lights on. The yeah, more glasses glasses today would walk in and just turn the fucking lights on and walk back of that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I turn them lights off.
Speaker 1: How I would impose my will on the space glasses today? Would impose his will on the space glasses? Then, wouldn't impose his will on the space glasses today, would just turn the lights on. I'll walk in, turn the lights on. Say what I gotta say? Keep it moving. I mean, like, hey, turn the lights on. This shit weird, because that's what I felt. So that's one thing, right, Second thing is Drake. Right, This is a real story with Drake, and he probably mad that I tell a story because you rich anyway, stop don't stop backing like that, because it's true.
Speaker 2: So Drake was trying to build more of a relationship with me.
Speaker 1: But I felt like with me it would always have this weird energy where it was like, yo, we all signed to cash money, but like like I knew, like I was the streets and I didn't really care that he was successful, Like you know that never meant that to forgive me. I know this sound crazy to y'all, but I really believe in masculinity, Like you could have a million dollars and I could have ten dollars and you not the nigga I am. If you not who you truly are, Like if I see any dessension of who you truly are. Like, if you act like you want to be somebody you not for two seconds, we're probably not going to be cool.
Speaker 2: I'm just being honest. That's just how.
Speaker 1: It's not on purpose, because it's who I am, it's my existence. I fought to be me. I fought my homies to beat me. I fought niggas from other neighborhoods than me. I shot to be me niggas used to the homies. Oh man, guess you want some smart shit. I'm ana squabbler, nigga. Damn bitch. You can't even whoop me. Whatever you thought you was can't out beat me. I'm gonna make all this work for this for me. So like, if you show any dissension about appreciation and who you are, and I see you giving up a little bit, like if you if you are square and you trying to act street, You're not going to really like how we're gonna interact. It's not gonna work out for you. It's gonna be bad. You gotta be yourself, pure and unadults reated. You gotta be yourself. So I noticed that being around because a couple of times so it was starting to evolve me into space where I'm like, yeah, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I'm really gonna fuck with dude like this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like not not that I didn't think he was gonna be tough or be the best rapper in the game, Like the nigga was sharp because hello, dope, like he was brilliant and they really wanted me to work with him. Shout out to the armies like Day was pushing it. But I'm like, you gotta be authentic. That's why me and nipples. So that's why me and kid youre get sirted them niggas is really who they is. I can you don't gotta be gangster, you just gotta really be well they both gangsters.
Speaker 2: Who is not a gangster?
Speaker 3: That really?
Speaker 2: Uh Loope is street too, So I can't say Loupe.
Speaker 1: Pete.
Speaker 3: Pete.
Speaker 1: Pete is a perfect example the god do the large thing with Pete ain't no fucking gangster. But that's my man, because Pete's Pete. Even when he's crazy and he's talking crazy, Peter's Pete still ain't no Still it's still so it's not that. So we going to an ev for Wayne's birthday party, right, and it's an event in Hollywood. It's over there behind like it's off of Librea and Santa Monica. It's off of Lobrea and Santa Monica. And huh no, no, this is a this is a weird place that they used to do parties at. It's not like a restaurant. It's like a like a set, like like a stage set type place. But they do parties over there. You do a lot of big parties over here. So me, pun a couple of us go to the party, right, and I'm gonna tell a story. So we hop out. We mobbed up to the party. I'm talking to bird Man because I'm taxing cause it's very sus Okay, No, actually it ain't sus It actually is that. It's not sus What do you sus is when you think it could be gay, that area is actually gay. And you know you don't take your ass over there. If you see a girl, it's probably a guy. You know that. And that's why it's nothing wrong with it. You know, when you're getting that area, it is not sus It is committed. It is not suspect. It's not a suspected area.
Speaker 2: That is convicted.
Speaker 3: You know what it is life.
Speaker 1: It is not a suspect. It's guilty. Okay, that area is guilty. You know what's happening. But that's where, you know, the entertainment industry do all of that shit. So you you know you in the industry cause you gotta go over there. And that's cool. Like I you know, I don't have no problem with nobody that's doing their thing because just be you. If you a man that think you a woman, just do you whatever, just be you unapologetically. So we hop out the car met pun and y'all can go to the community and verify this. We walking up a couple of us niggas like, Lass, what's up now?
Speaker 2: I'm like, what up, Crev? We're doing?
Speaker 1: Drake is coming up behind me. He's calling my name. I see cousin, but I'm mobbing, huh, Like, Hey, this nigga, Drake call you. I'm like, yeah, I see that cause I talked the cousin. He's calling me classes Hey glasses, Jay, you hear it up. I am not turning around for cuz because I'm trying to get in here. But it's not, Honestly, it's not just because it's because he just gave me vibes of like insecure. I don't like insecure men. I just don't because I like. It's not I don't like him, I just don't vibe well. So that's another time cause where it's like, so I am proud of who I am, and I want everybody else to be proud of who they are. And if you tell me you not, I could deal with it. But when you have a false sense of pride, we're not probably going to be okay. If you falsely represent yourself, we are not going to be okay. You we are not the one thing with me and Charlotte Manine at work in our relationship. He is who he is Van Layton, he is who he is. We gonna be fine. We could be on the opposite side of the street and we're gonna be fine because I can get with that. I could fuck with that. I could fuck with a man that's who he is. I don't give a fuck. If you don't believe in fighting. If you Martin Luther King and you not gonna punch another motherfucker back, and your whole movement is built on not hitting the motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Back, I could fuck with that.
Speaker 1: I can't fuck with a motherfucker talking tough, Like if Martin Luther King was popping it and then now the police kicking your ass and you ain't doing nothing. Me and Martin Luther King couldn't be hommies. We just couldn't fucking be humpy. But Martin the King on his non violent movement and he's not gonna fight back long as he's honest, I can rock. So that's where we come into a space in a business. I'm just not with none of the other shit that's not tough. Shout out to my little hommy ad from the community. He thinks it's old fashioned, it's not. I'm a man, bro, I'm a man, unapologetically. I'm the lok unapologetically. I'm not doing nothing else beside this. There's no reason. Listen, I make six figures a year right now being me. I don't need seven figures to be somebody else. I mean maybe if I was acting in the Hollywood film. If they don't want to get me seven and they figures to act like somebody else, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'll just live with these six figures. I'll take it. That works for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that ship if I can make six figures being me, That's that's enough.
Speaker 3: But I'm not.
Speaker 1: You can't pay me seven figures to act like somebody else that ain't on no Hollywood screen.
Speaker 3: It was, it was.
Speaker 4: It was great to you know what I'm saying, because a lot of people running around here and now I know who they are, So that's why they ended up acting like somebody that they not. You know what I'm saying, When you understand who you is, then man, it's easy to be comfortable in your own skin then who you are.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Let me get back to what Allan was saying.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, did mean to ignore you all in He asked me a question and post it and I just skipped shout out to Sean Akerman. Man, I appreciate the birthday gift for ten dollars my boy. Much love for that dog. Yeah, all they said, So what did that say on the thing that I had up there?
Speaker 2: Gee? We need a Tale live feature. I talked to Tyler. You know why fuck with talent?
Speaker 3: Tyler?
Speaker 1: It's really him, bro me and ty Lib is good.
Speaker 3: Bro niggast hating ty Lib on Twitter.
Speaker 1: He understands his brand and he dives down to it. I'm gonna deliver that.
Speaker 2: I got you. I'm gonna get you that tile.
Speaker 4: That'll be dope. That'll be dope. I need to produce that. Yeah, you do, you should? You should? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is the most important hip hop artist the last twenty years, next to Kendrick Probably not, probably not, that's probably Keith.
Speaker 2: Keith is probably probably not you said chief Keith is that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Keith is probably the most the most important artist over the last twenty years. Keith's phenomena.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, bro, you just see it.
Speaker 1: I think Yay is the bridge to people not hip hop, like into hip hop.
Speaker 4: But but but see, at the same time, they have to be the one to put keep up on that level to where everybody was gonna be able to accept them like that though too.
Speaker 2: You mean all the white.
Speaker 1: People is gonna accept him because the black people already except the Keith, we was already up on that ship. Yeah, is just a bitch people. He's a bridge going to white people and white people coming in. He's he's a different kind of keeper. He's a bridge. He's not a gatekeeper. He a bridge because he don't stop ship. He let all this ship come in. He don't care if it's somebody that hate.
Speaker 3: Niggas Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: He don't get yea about Taylor Swiffer wasn't for that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, he put on seven st He put Taylor Swift on my radar.
Speaker 3: Wen Taylor Swift on.
Speaker 2: My radar, bro I never knew. I was like, who is he talking?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Who is he talking about?
Speaker 2: I was like, who is this person?
Speaker 1: And they kept showing this little white lady with this She was kind of flustered. I'm like, what is this little white lady?
Speaker 3: Even? For real? For real? That is a I don't even know how that.
Speaker 4: No, Look, the Bridge West Wild that's it right there.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not Look, I'm not saying hip hop gotta be thugging. I'm saying hip hop needs to be a street urban culture.
Speaker 2: It has to be.
Speaker 4: See why when you say that, they don't understand. They just think like gangster, don't They don't understand the street urban culture means.
Speaker 3: It's the way you walk, the way you talk, the way where you had.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying that the way we carry but the way that is the way that poverty has found.
Speaker 2: And then don't get me on.
Speaker 1: Some middle class people adopted their whole life.
Speaker 2: They may don't need it, but they've been raised in it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing about Yay Demo that I don't play with. That's why I will never I'm really careful. I will never say he's not hip hop because one thing that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Got is audacity.
Speaker 1: That nigga do shit. You be like the audacity of this nigga. So that's why I don't play with ya. I don't fuck with ya like I won't. You don't hear me saying he's not hip hop. That nigga is sheer audacity, That nigga don't have no idea his rifle.
Speaker 2: That nigga is a cold, cold nigga.
Speaker 3: He is cold.
Speaker 2: So again that's my point. You know what I'm saying. It's like.
Speaker 1: I get it, and he is, to me, the bridge that allowed others to come in and start acting like us. He's the ridge of that. So you know, it started being more like people before Yay they knew hip hop was them niggas. Even the day I sold the Tribe car. Course, what's one of the early niggas went to college. It was a couple of niggas went to college.
Speaker 3: It was a couple of mona.
Speaker 4: I think the entry level, Like like when it came to somebody being a college rapper.
Speaker 1: Not a college rapper, somebody, I mean somebody.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people went to college that rap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean in the earliest, That's what I'm saying. So I knew that people that went to college, I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But they didn't put it in their music though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not I don't want to hear no nigga rapping about going to college in his fucking music.
Speaker 4: The people that's in college want to hear this ship that's called rap music.
Speaker 2: It don't gotta be hip hop.
Speaker 1: Fuck man, it don't gotta be hip hop, Kenny g don't gotta be jazz.
Speaker 2: It can be pop music.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, right, So in school days? Was they represented hip hop? In school days? The Spike We movie like the way they that's the way they was looking in the movie with the hairstyles they wore.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yes, yes, because they they look like the niggas from the ghetto.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm telling you. That's not what's happening with this come from the hood. To what's happened with ya.
Speaker 1: That that's not what happened with ya. He is not school days on tracks. That's not wise him a staff, right, len staff he was, he was doing all that shit things that he understood about college, but that's not he didn't look like that's not the same. He didn't feel that way, like there is a like there is a cultural experience at college right that is very much this right, but that's not him. That that wasn't him to me, Like Yay is a black man, that's the thing. Like he's a nigga. He got banked up audacity for sure. But I'm saying street urban culture. You know, I think he knows what and that's why I won't ever kick him out. That's what I'm saying. I'm saying, but he is where the very tippy top, the tippy top. If you go anywhere past that, that shit ain't hip hop. That's once you past that, that's it. You niggas have let somebody working in at right air and sh'ld be talking about how the customers be customery to make it hip hop.
Speaker 2: It could be fly ass rapped. It don't gotta be hip hop.
Speaker 4: It could still embody hip hop. Like we said at the beginning, when you are the voice of the voiceless, you are considered to be representing hip hop.
Speaker 1: So college is not a voiceless place. College is voiceless. Yes we do.
Speaker 6: There's been multiple shows and movies about what people going through in college.
Speaker 1: I know, I thought shit. College has covered as anything else. It's a ton of movies about college. Even the Black College has had a TV show for seven years.
Speaker 4: Hill Man is not a real school. Stop saying that. Man, you're talking about the show for seven years.
Speaker 1: It's not that I'm saying human is. I'm telling you that the college. But it's covered. There's no fake shows about the hood.
Speaker 2: Right now. There's not no TV shows about the hood. The closest one we.
Speaker 1: Got to was everybody thought it was the greatest one is about them niggas in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: They're talking about Baltimore, that them niggas.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, that was the closest hood show we ever had. We don't got no fucking hood TV shows. If they make up, if they make a if they make a movie about LA culture is from the police's perspective, the cops perspective, the fucking father's perspective, the closest we got to is minuesus society. So again, it's like, yes, I don't think college. I don't think college has anything to do with it. I think black hood kids go to college.
Speaker 2: They really do.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, but if you start rapping about being that, like, okay, if you're a black hood kid rapping about going to college, that's dope.
Speaker 3: That's why he did.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: He's not a black hood kid rapping about going to college. He rapped like a middle class nigga going to college and you.
Speaker 4: Know it, Chicago, on the South Side whatever it like Philly.
Speaker 1: That's why I won't play with his hood shit. That's what I'm saying. I won't say he's not the culture. Like same thing with Philly, Chicago, one of them places where your ass is gonna be culture. I don't give a fuck what you got going on.
Speaker 2: He is culture. It don't matter. His mom can moved into a nice neighborhood. I know she did.
Speaker 1: He had been raised by his mom, had a doctorates, I know she did. But he wasn't going to avoid the culture. He couldn't avoid it.
Speaker 4: You know what, though, he kind of listen were talking about college. He was kind of into college stuff too. Yeah, I mean it's called college date registration.
Speaker 3: But he's still made into the graduation up.
Speaker 1: But that I think about him succeeding in life, that would be my issue.
Speaker 2: It's just not black.
Speaker 1: If I had a critique, it's not black hood going to college, it's regular American going to college. But that's not true because he's from Chicago. That's what I'm saying. If this was true, I would be saying he's not hip hop.
Speaker 3: He's definitely hip hop.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying he's not. That's what I'm saying. He's from fucking the South Side of Chicago. Even in the suburbist most suburb area of south Side Chicago.
Speaker 2: It's fucking Chicago. It's Chicago.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not saying it's where keeping them from. I'm saying, but it's still Chicago. You're gonna run into the culture is gonna be right there. So I'm not saying about you. I'm saying, but he's the very tippy top of where hip hop is at.
Speaker 2: Like, once you passed Kanye, that shit ain't hip hop.
Speaker 3: So so past Kanye is Drake.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, because now you get a Jewish man raised in a Jewish community using slang words from all over the country, just like anything goes.
Speaker 2: So, No, that's not hip hop. I'm not letting that show.
Speaker 4: So Kanye shout owed the line of being hip hop and not being hip hop.
Speaker 2: Well, he is the border.
Speaker 1: He's hip hop, but he's the borders, the border, like he's San Diego.
Speaker 3: Once you go past him, it's Mexico, Mexico.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck how much Mexican people act like they're from San Diego. They from Mexico people, They not from San Diego. Kanye West is san Diego. Once you cross over there, you in another country.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the bridge, the bridge, he's.
Speaker 1: The bridge right over a little Some of him is in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Some of Kanye is like.
Speaker 3: Way over there stronger, No, no.
Speaker 1: Them fire records. I'm not talking about the Nigga records records. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I ain't gonna play with the record. I think they overrated this hip hop records. But there there hip hop records.
Speaker 3: Those are not non hip hop records. No.
Speaker 2: I mean, actually like that is the last great himself.
Speaker 1: Actually like that as the last great productions in hip hop that was that was that, Yeah, But to even flip that punk and bring that into hip hop and bring people like Daft Punk into the party is fire. Like, I'm not playing with you, bro, Don't don't get my critique confused with I'm not playing with that that niggas stored Neo in the Matrix. He's the one, you know what I'm saying. He ain't to be fun, he ain't to be played with like that.
Speaker 2: Nigga is.
Speaker 1: Again, my critigue is fine, and I don't care if cut and like it. My critigue is fair. But don't don't get it fucked up. He's the last great to me that really brought other people into hip hop, you know what I mean. But that's also why he be doing all this crazy shit now that Nigga crazy. Yeah, Kanye is not a musician. Shout out to Matrix to code it. That's what see. Hip hop is not about being a musician. He's not really a music that. Nigga can't play the fucking piano. He barely could play the piano. He's not no musician that Nigga is. He's a culturist. He understands culture way better than most people like that dude studies this shit, like for real, he knew to use that Shakakhan sample.
Speaker 2: He know what to use.
Speaker 1: He know how to make that shit work. He is a monster. That nigga is a real scientist from Chicago. He not to be played with.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That dude ain't to fucking be played with. He's like he's old.
Speaker 4: He's a visionary, you know what I'm sayings, he brings his visions that had life.
Speaker 2: He a monster.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. He is the border of hip hop. And then he'll do a lot of uni hip hop shit. That is true, shout out to EP. He did study is that is true. He studied the culture. But he is a part of it, even if it's loose. But again, it's like, that's what I'm saying. He is the tippy top and ever since he happened, slowly they've been. They brought a Jewish guy in that uses the N word, that never used the N word in his regular life, that never uses the N word in his regular life.
Speaker 2: He don't even hunt.
Speaker 1: He didn't hang with niggas to call somebody a nigga, that thing about Drake. He didn't hang with niggas to cast my niggas. So when he get on the record, he start using the N word. It just looked weird, you know what I'm saying. That's I get I get it. I remember telling Doctum. I'm like it just he says it, it's weird, like you know what I mean. So it's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Remember when my man first sorry about Drake. He was around way and all that shit. He said, Joe the kid getting the boof and just and it's a whole other person.
Speaker 1: When they introduced him, they was like, yeah, we got this kid from Nickelodeon. So shout out to everybody still at the lunch table, no selings, the lunch hour.
Speaker 2: We cook it. Yeah, our we really cook it today. Yeah crazy.
Speaker 1: We had an hour and fifty minutes, no seilings, lunch hour every Monday, Wednesday Friday at noon Pacific Standard time. Shout out to everybody that's still here. Celebrate my birthday with me. Shut out to everybody who bought us lunch. Player of waves Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon Specific Standard time on digital soul By clicked that thumbs up button.
Speaker 2: Everybody know you're around here.
Speaker 1: Tell a friend and tell a friend cuz go into the description subscribe to No Sellings Podcast, iHeart Podcast, Apple Podcasts, anywhere else you get your podcasts. No Sellings Podcast executive produced by Charlomagne to God, the Black Effect Network and iHeart dropped a really dope episode yesterday called Conversations on Conversation about What's Gangster and it talks about game banging. So when they first told us that they were signing him, they was like, we're signing this pop kid from Nickelodeon, Like he's a pop artist. And he walks in and this dude is light as the sky. He's light as the sky. And I'm like, damn. And he's talking and I'm like, Eh, how is this gonna work? And they started playing that fucking music and I was like, whoa shit, This mother fucking animal. Jesus crisis. Motherfucker is an animal, you know what I mean. As soon as you hear Drake's music, You're like, this motherfucker is an animal. You could hear it. You're like, oh shit, Like I just knew instantly at that time.
Speaker 2: He was like.
Speaker 1: He was good, bro, we could have we could a coatigue about his topics. You know what I mean, did cry about girls a little much for hip hop's liking, you know, raps liking.
Speaker 3: Whatever he happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was amazing, bro, he was fucking amazing. He was fucking amazing. So I noticed when he he just talked straight up and down like he sound like an attorney, you know what I'm saying, like a real attorney. Cut Like he talked straight up and down, and that threw me off because I was like, damn, I would hear him talk. He never used the N word. I'm like, huh, but I didn't trip. I'm like, whatever, cut this nigga music is dope. So you know, I watched him blow up up close, Like I saw that nigga blew up and he was dope.
Speaker 2: So it made since I was like, man, that nigga sharp, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, shout out to forty all the dudes behind the music, because that he was amazing.
Speaker 2: I was like, Damn, this nigga tough, you know what I'm saying. But I knew it was different.
Speaker 1: So as he slowly started to integrate himself into street urban culture, talking like us.
Speaker 2: That's when I was like him it was nigga. And then it was like him. It's different.
Speaker 1: So you know, I didn't really chip off of it till I took time to learn what hip hop is.
Speaker 2: Shout out to two K Grind. Oh nah, you don't got to defend this.
Speaker 1: It's no, I'm not a attacking What up, niece, I see you saying uncle skin tone issues in.
Speaker 3: The black community.
Speaker 1: That's intellectually lazy. Two K, don't be too just because I mentioned I'm not saying he was bright like his skin tone. I mean the way he walked in the studio, he didn't have the ominous feel of somebody that came from the corner, not light his skin.
Speaker 2: That's just lazy.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: Go back to two K.
Speaker 1: Shout after two K Grind or nine Canada not Compton, but there is places in Toronto that very much are like Compton.
Speaker 2: They will murder you out that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So again, it's one of those things to where it's just different. But I watched it and that was the thing. So I think I think Kanye is the border. Patrol is the border.
Speaker 2: I think that's as far as he can go.
Speaker 3: So so with then he said.
Speaker 2: Talk let me no.
Speaker 4: So I think I think at times, though I hate I hate that right there. When people think that when we say he not hip hop has something to do with him being from Canada or his skin, I'm saying him being a by racial, by racial kid. No, that that has nothing to do with it not hip hop. I'll tell him, but that ship all the time. I say, Yo, the reason why he not hip hop is because you could just you could just tell, you can tell that he don't come from the cloth of what what what it is to come from hip hop?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know, he wasn't he learned hip hop, He wasn't raised hip hop, you know what I'm saying. And I think people get lazy when they start thinking that we were saying that because because of his background, or or well it is Christmas background, or because of his it's rat you know what I'm saying, it's biracial being from Canada, or so on and so forth. And I'm saying, there's many people that's bi racial, as many people as white as hip hop. There's many people that's that's from Canada that's hip hop. You know what I'm saying. You could just tell that it ain't it ain't authentic with him like that though, but he make great music. Though not gonna never say that stuff make great music.
Speaker 1: That motherfucker is amazing, man, that motherfucker made shout a fellow sat Shout out to two gray or nine minute sage up in this motherfucker shut up in this motherfucker forty three on November thirty. Yeah, that part fucking go. No, No, it's just lazy. It's just intellectually lazy and disingenuous. It don't got nothing to do with race. This is more of a cultural conversation ethnicity that matters, right, Like like if you don't have a street urban cultural ethnicity, then if again, you don't have to be a thug. But ll Coolja is not a thug. But listen to the way he talks. He talks like everybody else talks. So's it's not.
Speaker 3: Back in the day that was kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: That's just lazy, bro, that's just lazy.
Speaker 1: So again now it's Kanye is the border, and I think that's fair. Shout out to Sean Akerman who makes a great point. And I keep saying this the root of coach, it's in the rap. The root of culture is not just skin. The root of culture is the land that way of life yard of find like. It's not like it's all kinds of people that live in that cultural realm uh oh. So after being Frank Easy is from Oakland, not Chicago, So I never heard that Frank.
Speaker 2: I'm not fit to get into that, Frank.
Speaker 3: Because I know more.
Speaker 2: Not do that.
Speaker 1: I purposely never went down that road with Yay. I'm not going down that road.
Speaker 3: So why did even represent the south side forever?
Speaker 1: I'm not going down that road. We're not gonna go down that road.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Two k grind on nine. It's not coming off as black people can't even be racist.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: What bro like? Of course I'm not racist? What are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Bro Like? What are you thinking? Of course? Is not racist?
Speaker 3: Just a hip hop style, honey.
Speaker 1: Yay, probably act like a nigga from Oaklawn because it do be different. Again, when you start really going into this shit, you'll be like, oh that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: A nigga would have had one hundred jokes for a nigga that had Marilyn Monroe up on that What that nigga would i'ld have snatched that ship down off my homeboy, wal If you don't take this old punk ass shit out of here.
Speaker 3: Oh on he had marily War.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, he talked about how he looked up to Maryland Road. That's why he like Kim. He thought that was his own mariln Morom like, how you idolize a whore?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: The two K grind on nine, Yes, they can two K grind on nine. Black people cannot be racist, bro, Like, See, this is what makes me think you're not a brother. Black folks make racist jokes all day, Bro, That's not what being racist is. See, this is what I'm saying. This is what makes me think. And then when you don't have your picture, it makes me think that you're a white man posing as a brother, because that's not what racism is. Racism is not about making a joke about cultures or ethnicity.
Speaker 2: That's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: He's a white man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be bro, Like.
Speaker 3: Just put your picture off, Tom? What you do?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: What the fuck man?
Speaker 2: This nigga said a joke is racism.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nigga, racism is when you bro, what the fuck man?
Speaker 2: See, this is what I'll be saying. This is you ruin it for me right now?
Speaker 3: Looking over time and you.
Speaker 1: You just what, bro, Just keep it a being cause damn racist jokes. Niggas commit slavery, and you talk about somebody made a joke.
Speaker 5: It's not what racist. Fuck simple, I'm glad you at the lunch table. Shout out at the lunch table. But Jesus christ Man, give me a break, brou why do I have to peel back this much layers of racism. I'm not doing that on this podcast. I'm not going into what racism is. If you don't know what racism is, do not sit your ass at the fucking lunch table. Don't sit your ass down. REVERSI he definitely not black. Stop responding. So Yeah, anyway, I think yay is the top exactly. Shout out to Mike l Man. I'm glad you came to the lunch table. We all got that one.
Speaker 1: Cousin who grew up in the suburbs, and even though we picked on them, they still have ties in our culture.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: That's Kanye to me, right, Like he's that cousin that niggas would be joking with. But you know, you love him still. He still got the coating, you know, he still got the culture. But he just still different. That is the the top level, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, if jay Z was walking around with a white lady tapped around her titties, man, we'd be so disappointed.
Speaker 2: I'll jump off a bridge.
Speaker 1: Jay Z got rid of Beyonce and got a white lady and she had tape around her titties, tape around her waist and her vagina and.
Speaker 2: Ship that was her outfit.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, that's fucking j that's hot.
Speaker 4: Jay None did it now, you know made it to mean Jay did that. I'll be so just to put tape around the titty, tape around the ass and all that.
Speaker 3: They gotta check.
Speaker 2: Put that what I'm saying, so mad and disappointed.
Speaker 1: If it was a white lady they had on, that's fire.
Speaker 3: That's fire. That's the next thing.
Speaker 1: The hours from the South Shote of Chicago, hell yeah, hell yeah, it'd be different if the hours from the South Shot Hell yeah. If he was from the ghetto in Toronto, it'll be different. I'll be like, yeah, Toronto niggas, Trust me, I met some Toronto niggas. Them niggas will bust your shit. They really be the culture they got they hit going. If that's all it is, it's all just geographic and then relations to street urban culture.
Speaker 2: That's all that really come down to.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you don't have to geographically be in the area that street urban culture grows, but if you tied into it, if you go to school near it, if you you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could just tell Okay, this nigga, the homie, don dumb want to advocate for satan. The logic year street niggas can't become smart, but the smart nigga could never become street.
Speaker 2: He can.
Speaker 1: You can throw his life away.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of smart niggas become street and they find theyself in prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was a line that as you said that was funny.
Speaker 3: Said.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gangst at first, but I am now, Like, no, my boy, paying for people to be hurt is not gangster. That's actually just business, and it could be bad business if your stupid ass get caught.
Speaker 2: Don't be doing nothing, stupid boy.
Speaker 1: I do not want to have to be feeling bad because your stupid ass locked up trying to play tough. This is a big responsibility to beat this shit. It's not normal. They have normal. Take a long time to understand you can go to prison for life and to be okay with it.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't get to the heights that you got where you got, you know, hundreds of millions dollars and even made hundreds of millions of dollars. And you just start getting people hurt. They will put you in jail. Boy, your ass will kill yourself. You see what that rich man? What's the man that was touching the little girls Epstein? You see that nigga killed yourself. People talk about they kill him. No white then people that people can't deal with jail. Jail is different. You gotta have a ain't.
Speaker 6: Nobody white out, bro.
Speaker 2: That is not for everybody.
Speaker 3: They killed him. I don't get you.
Speaker 1: I ain't kill that nigga hung itself because he knew them people was gonna He knew he couldn't take a day in jail.
Speaker 3: They killed that man.
Speaker 1: Man think that man killed hisself because he couldn't do no day in jail.
Speaker 3: No, they killed that man.
Speaker 4: You gotta hear about the people they had on the on the scene, working the scene. It's some crazy ship that went on within that ship. But I don't want to talk about that ship. Listen though, what you think about Drake partner up with the NFL? What what type of game of the NFL playing right now?
Speaker 1: It's your business. I guess if I'm in the NFL, I'm partnering with Drake too. Ship good business. We need to get over there in Toronto. We need to get over there in Canada.
Speaker 2: That's all. Plug Come on, Drizzy, come on over here.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 1: If he was Jewish and Somley, things would be different. It'd be a fucking pirate.
Speaker 3: I am your captain. I am your cap.
Speaker 1: See that. That's not a racist joke. That's a cultural joke.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah. Yeah, that's how its people's look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you talking about cut that be talking crazy?
Speaker 3: He do it?
Speaker 2: He ship?
Speaker 3: That's how something. Top five look like that look.
Speaker 1: Like Cuz looked like he would take over a ship.
Speaker 3: The ship he like. He liked that.
Speaker 1: I'm like probably so he looked like he would take over a ship. Top five look like he'll make a nigga walk the plank. Cuz I ain't playing with Top five. Top father like he'll make a nigga walk the plank because I'm not.
Speaker 3: Playing in the face and snicking ship.
Speaker 1: Funk around, get on the cruise, cuse pop out and make you walk the planks.
Speaker 3: He was talking to.
Speaker 2: He was talking to little Jacob.
Speaker 3: Look, I see that sticking. Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: We already out of legal money.
Speaker 3: Million hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: That's over there, sticking niggas up for booty from top Booty is a nut because that diggy talking crazy like and were watching the video so we see who support him?
Speaker 2: I would they hit it.
Speaker 3: I was like, don't go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell here the jay like, don't go no cruise cause you don't go no cruise.
Speaker 3: Don't pop up, cat, shut the funk up.
Speaker 1: God, don't go no cruise. Can will take over the ship, nigga. Look that looked like you take over his ship. He gotta fly on his face.
Speaker 2: Because it is a patch to cover his eye. Guess that's that's his market. Did you cut that?
Speaker 3: Could need a pass the comfort's eye? Your head too curly. They shut the funk up.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Is on Seventh Street. Probably he really crazy like he thought. I do know, but I genuinely believe he had tried to take over a ship.
Speaker 3: Go back home.
Speaker 2: Wunk the plate made.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was laughing a little. Jay I was like this nigga is bogging.
Speaker 6: Care the dollars about to whop like this, I got you trolling like like.
Speaker 3: They wanted to go that ship so fast. He was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, call me, call me, call me yeah yeah yeah yeah I got you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that ship was hilaravious.
Speaker 1: Nigga just need a hook on his arm because he just cut hook on there. That should have worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was funny though. That was labo man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man to this culture ship though, man, like I agree with you within the Kanye drink though, within the him playing border patrol. You know what I'm saying. Making sure you know what I'm saying. He's the He's the the bridge like you said the bridge, Kanye bridge was I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is as far as you can get.
Speaker 1: He's as far. That's the furthest you can get when it comes to culture like, that's it. Kanye is the furthest because he started acting hella crazy.
Speaker 4: He told he was gonna do it. That's one respect abou Kanye. He told niggas everything that was going to happen up until when you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Right, No, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He very much.
Speaker 1: He very much is. See were talking about how lightly sprinkled. He is a street urban culture. He is a nigga for sure.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That nigga is a nigga like and that's what I love that the duty. I'm glad it happened to the music industry because they was trying to get away from the street.
Speaker 2: They was like, you know, we don't want these motherfuckers. You know, they'll come in here one or two. I'm gonna come in here and jump on the desk and demand we give him some money.
Speaker 1: So they let Kanye in because they thought that they was getting That's the thing that made me laugh. They let Kanye in and do all of that. They just pushing him, Drake. These niggas are way worse than niggas from the streets. One nigga just went bad on y'all as a collective. Ice killed might make a song, but he ain't fit to do all that. Tayo coming there with his back, bust open the desk, run my money.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: You know, he gonna make some records with you and all that, Yo, sug he tripping. They gonna be okay, Jay Print, they gonna be okay. This motherfucker Yay goes on an all out rent to talk shit about y'all like he a nigga. Fuck y'all, fuck the like on major platforms, talk shit about your acts. He is a negro. He is a nigga for sure. Now he just all out just going crazy. They thought they was letting Drake in. They was like, oh, you know what, we could control him. He's a Jewish person, say the N word. Now his emotion got the best. He's swing all of y'all motherfuckers. Now, everybody asking a million questions about what's going on with your books, you know, the money all kind of shit. Every time you do this shit, y'all end up sucking up. I wish the record industry understand and just leave. Just fuck with hip hop kids. It's easy just to pay a nigga. You can't pay a Jewish man. That's a Jewish man. See this is where I know he' not hip hop. That's a Jewish man.
Speaker 3: He ain't.
Speaker 1: He went full motherfucking up, like straight out of Compton Jerry Heller. Look, I'm gonna soothe those motherfuckers. He forgot he was even in the battle because he was like, I don't care about that fucking battle. They know that I'm their guy and they're marketing this. But Drake, you were also this to him. I don't care.
Speaker 2: That's some Jewish.
Speaker 3: Shit to do.
Speaker 4: These motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Out there.
Speaker 6: I'm doing the radio company, the Spotify.
Speaker 2: Now niggas is like trying to get in their books.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's what y'all ask get, see, y'all, y'all thought he was fooling us because y'all got a Jewish person that said he'd say the N word.
Speaker 2: Y'all actually got a Jewish person.
Speaker 3: Came out.
Speaker 1: He was like, all you motherfuckers is going towards all you motherfuckers, and I don't care you motherfucker.
Speaker 3: When I'm with you, with you.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's what the industry gets. That's what y'all motherfuckers get. Y'all fucking y'all wanted a cut niggas so bad. Y'all wanted somebody that y'all thought y'all could control. The only people y'all could control is poor people.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: That's what the industry don't get. If you get somebody who was making sixty thousand dollars a year at six years old. You're gonna probably struggle to control them. If you get a nigga his mother was a doctor that moved himTo the suburbs. You're going to struggle to control him. Yeah, you know what he is a deal with a nigga from counting.
Speaker 2: It's easy. Just pay him, Just pay him.
Speaker 1: He ain't look he like, you know what I went through this Hell, I just want to be a take care of my family.
Speaker 2: Drake don't even care about the money.
Speaker 3: He like.
Speaker 1: People think he's sort about money. No, he's just being vindictive. It ain't about no fucking money. That nigga tripping. He like, wait a minute, you guys are promoting this guy. You guys are only supposed to promote me. It was a privilege.
Speaker 4: I know the tricks you're doing right now. I did the same tricks. You can't do me like that. You can't do me like that. I did that. This is the game I run.
Speaker 3: This is what I do.
Speaker 2: It on me, And they was doing it on all the records, I would imagine.
Speaker 1: But he's like, no, this worked better, So fucking you should never put it out should.
Speaker 2: He said, you should have took that line out, like what.
Speaker 1: The super Bowl?
Speaker 3: At the super Bowl, you said, bigger's a super Bowl? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: You should have just paid the niggas man, You should have just kept it with the black folk.
Speaker 2: Get that's what you get. That's what you get. That's what you get.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That is what You cannot embarrass a Jewish man, even if he did it on his own, you bet not facilitate or help the embarrass me even if he started it. A jewish man shout out to the cool ones, but a jewish man to start a fight.
Speaker 2: And Suo asked, when you win the fight.
Speaker 3: Yo, let me ask you this right? So why was it?
Speaker 4: Kind of because they was able to clip that fucking push the t ship fast, like hold on, pull that ship up there right now, out of there, right now, yo, j He was don't clear that ship? JA, don't clear that, j SAMPLE, don't clear that? Can we not put on little shimming platforms? You know what I'm saying? They cleared They did it like that when they knew it was coming with the Kendricks shit, they knew they couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: They couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: And he was like, wait a minute. You mean to tell me that this little nigger from copy.
Speaker 3: You know what it was though too?
Speaker 4: The song, the song came out under Sony. It wasn't U m G. It was under the future ship. That's how the ship started off like that. I just now, Oh, you're right.
Speaker 2: And he kicked it off first.
Speaker 3: With un G with Sony. You with Sony first.
Speaker 2: Also first this record that was on UMG is his record.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Push up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, push up?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because yeah, yeah, Oh that's how that was able to happen.
Speaker 3: Be because Sony pushed the ship. I just put it together. I just wanted together. Now you let that happen. I would have never let that ship happen. Huh Yo. The niggas a slick. I just caught that.
Speaker 2: Just bars be bars.
Speaker 3: I just caught that. Just snap. You don't you gonna never let that ship fly?
Speaker 2: Be?
Speaker 3: What what? I'm big three? Just who's he's talking about?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Pull that record, Sony said, push that record be.
Speaker 2: It was like fugging push up you like, well we could get some money.
Speaker 6: We gotta you started, you started, you started, and get it going.
Speaker 3: Let's get it going.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this Todio season desists on it.
Speaker 1: Like that record. I'm thinking about it. He couldn't pull it like he did to push your teeth.
Speaker 3: Crying Bro, that's oh no, no.
Speaker 1: Red Rose pedal, that's how you know it's not bots. That's just a joke.
Speaker 6: That song was the biggest There ain't no box helped that ship. I mean it could be a part of a program, but that ain't help that ship was.
Speaker 2: Like it was good.
Speaker 6: It was a really great record, like you're everywhere, but somebody gonna come with one.
Speaker 2: That's a great point.
Speaker 1: The first record at UMG was him talking ship about Kendrick. It's pushing you want to do this? Okay, Okay, you're gonna start it. Okay, Well he's gonna respond and he comes back with the number one record, which is Euphoria. Those number two Euphoria win number two.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. They was like, you got something here, cas, we got.
Speaker 2: Something tell us you know the records Fellers.
Speaker 3: Let's go, we got something that's crazy. Just now. Oh that's the bar Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Sony put that. You don't able to never put that fucking record out. You're going that fucking cold, You're going that drake. You know what I'm saying. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: Pull that record, get that record out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah they could have, they could have mediated it, but as Sony you can't mediate it. And then on on the UMG side you kick it off with push ups. Now they have to let the record through and it's just good business.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, Wow, that's crazy. I just got I just yeah. When you go to the side, you smoke a little bit of viola, you know what I'm saying, you stop putting.
Speaker 2: Soon to be the official the No Sellers Live.
Speaker 4: That's a fact, bro, You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh man, we.
Speaker 7: Live.
Speaker 1: Put that back up there. There you go, that's the thought. You get fucked with that viola.
Speaker 4: Get right, man, you start pulling pieces of the puzzle together, Beach, the pieces don't put together right there.
Speaker 2: Like Sherlock Holmes. We like the weed for Shirlock Holmes.
Speaker 1: No Silers Live the lunch Hour feel me every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We back here Friday at noon Pacific Standard time. Right here Digital soap box. Click the thumbs up. But tell a friend to tell a friend, We're gonna get back into this Crimson Bloods conversation. Make sure you subscribe to the No Sellings podcast. It's in the description below. We dropped a great episode called Conversations about What's Gangster that we want to elaborate on Friday, the misconceptions of crips and blood y'all can ask any questions I want to ask all the ignorant questions. No questions are ignorant. Come ask some questions about this shit and get some real information on it.
Speaker 2: Don't let the great area run your life.
Speaker 1: Really understand what's going on, So go ahead description No Sealans Podcast. Go listen to the right now, go listen to the Conversation about What's Gangster is below.
Speaker 2: Listen to it.
Speaker 1: Be ready with your questions and your contributions at this lunch table Friday at noon's specific standard time. No Salans Podcast Executive produced by Charlomagne to God, The Breakfast Club and iHeart We back here Friday at noon. Thank y'all again for the birthday gifts, the birthday wishes, much love to y'all. Love y'all at that lunch table. Man, Let's get back to a Friday. Good looking out for tuning in to the No Sellans Podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe rate Commonist Share. This episode was recorded right here on the west coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Yeah.