Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Bye from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper VV.
Speaker 1: When you're ready, When you're ready, let's get it all. How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern and Sunday three Pacific, sixth Eastern, Saturday Mornings with a Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arean. It is Tuesday here on the show. You know what that means. We got a lot to talk about today. Hell Twitch, homies, everybody watching on YouTube as well all of our Sports Byline listeners. Tonight is NXT and we got a lot of stuff announced for the show tonight. Tomorrow's Dynamite. Last night was Monday Night Raw, which man, had you guys like that Netflix experience last night? I didn't like it one bit, But we'll get to that here tonight. Tell you about what happened on the show. We have some Mania matches. Six matches announced for both nights of WrestleMania six matches total, so three matches per night. Obviously there is more to come. We've also got a lot of updates on a new inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame. Thunder Rosa talks about the offer that WWE gave her several years ago that would have involved her retiring and becoming a referee. We got one of the funnier quotes. My god, this quote from brock Lesner. I think this one actually might be funnier than that John Moxley quote where he was talking about how he was just surrounded by clowns. We'll tell you about this one.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: We've got some more raw on Netflix. Notes it's coming Wednesday's Major League Baseball UH season opener, gimmick type deal. San Francisco Giants and New York Yankees. How WWE is involved. We got some ratings notes, we got some new ID talent, and plenty more. Landstorm is going to join us here today if you would like to join us. Forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six is the text message line four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. F W online at gmail dot com is the email affor W online, threads, Instagram and the cameo at Brian albarez X and Blue Sky Back in a moment with more Observer Live.
Speaker 3: Subtimes, keep yesterday for details on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Holidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals, so now we have to liquidate our prices.
Speaker 4: Here's how.
Speaker 5: Whether you want to go to.
Speaker 3: Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals. Book is selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Now you can book your vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel. We'll book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals are thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's have a little fun. Do you use the expensive blue pill to perform better?
Speaker 5: Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: What if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill? Okay?
Speaker 8: So, these same pills can.
Speaker 6: Cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill. You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill. And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Don't overpay for the other blue pills. Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy blue, one eight hundred buy blue.
Speaker 1: It's easy to remember.
Speaker 6: One eight hundred buy blue. That's one eight hundred buy b l ue And thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: Are you over the age of fifty? Peace of mind and financial security for your family. Here's an important message to you from Senior Care USA. The average funeral now costs over ten thousand dollars. That leaves your loved ones the burden of paying your debts and funeral costs. Our plans start as low as a dollar per day, and we'll pay your family up to thirty thousand dollars to help pay for your funeral and other expenses. There are no medical exams, your rates will never increase, and your plan cannot be canceled regardless of your medical conditions as long as you make your premium payments. Get up to thirty thousand dollars in final expense insurance. Call now for free information. Just answer a few simple questions and get approved right over the phone in just a few minutes. Call right now.
Speaker 3: Call eight hundred three nine nine six eight seven nine, eight hundred three nine nine six eight seven nine eight hundred three nine nine six eight seven nine. That's eight hundred three nine nine sixty eight seventy nine.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show Brain Alberaz Here Wrestling Observer Live. Lance Storm is joining us here today. We got a lot to get into and Lance before we go any further, you have any memories of Dennis Kndrey.
Speaker 5: I never met him. The only Midnight Express member I ever met really was Jimmy and Bobby, and even Bobby was only one time. Obviously saw some of his work, although again it was Stan and Bobby by the time I was a regular fan. I did go back when I was able to find the videotape of the first Scaffold match, which I believe was Dennis and Bobby. Never heard anything but good things about his work. But yeah, it was not a person I ever met.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, you've seen many of his matches. Well, yeah, when we go back in Yeah, Jim Cornett had a big update on on on his death yesterday, very sad. Actually, apparently he was just at his house and he'd had I think four it was two. He'd well, he had multiple bouts of cancer, and I believe he'd already had so much work done on his neck. And apparently his wife was at work and he was supposed to pick her up and he wasn't there, and she called and nobody answered, and he wasn't there, and they went to the house and he'd suffered a fall and he'd broken his neck and he was still alive, but he was like paralyzed, and they tried to get him to the hospital and he ended up passing away. But sad, the sad part of the story. I mean, it's all sad, but one of the really sad parts of the story is his wife. It wasn't that long. It was like a very short period of time. She was she was going to retire, and he was just he could not wait for her to retire. It was like, I don't know if it was months or I mean, it was a very short period of time and he couldn't wait for to retire. There was to spend all this time together and right before it happened. This happened. So very sad story. There is a go fundme that has been set up and lots of people have donated. I actually don't have the link, but I'll try and find it during the break and tweet it out. But really sad story. All the best to her, and that's what happened. So that's the latest on Dennis Condrey. I guess in I suppose this is I mean, it's good news for the family, but Sid Vicious, who also passed away of cancer a little over a year ago. I think it was twenty twenty four. Well, it was announced today that he is going into the WWE Hall of Fame, and his family obviously is very happy about this. And I'm happy to see Sid go in because I loved Sid Vicious. And I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that he was the best wrestler I ever saw in my life, but you know what, he was.
Speaker 5: A tremendous professional wrestler.
Speaker 1: Cally, he was a great He was you know they always go if you if you wanted to build a wrestler from the ground up, it would be Randy Orton, That's all lie, It would be Sid. Sid was everything you can imagine a pro wrestler being. I mean he was tall, he was gigantic, he was like just a complete maniac. I mean, I just for those of you, I mean, does anyone not remember Sid Vicious. Sid Vicious have been around for like forever, And he started out in World Championship Wrestling and obviously went to WWE and had a run there and then went back to WCW and like everything that this guy did, it was like there was everywhere he went. Everywhere he went, in everything, everything that he did, there was always a story about Sid. So, like, you know, he started in you know, actually Continental and then went to New Japan and ended up getting signed for World Championship Wrestling, and they put him together with Dan Spivey as the Skyscrapers, and then he ends up in the Four Horsemen, and you know, he's one of the four members of this stable, and you know he's on his way to being this big star. And then he quits and he goes to WWF and of course they can't call him Sid Vicious because it's Vince, so they have to call him Sid Justice. And he ends up in that famous nineteen ninety two Royal Rumble where Rick Flaer came out I think at number three, and he went the entire way and he won and he ended up with a vacant title. But they had the angle, like the end of the matcher is like four guys, It's Flair, Hogan, Macho Man, Randy Savage, and Sid like four big stars. At the end, one of these guys is gonna end up the champion. So Macho Man ends up getting tossed out of the ring and so it's down to Rick Flair, Hulk Hogan, and Sid Okay. Sid is supposed to be a heel, Hogan is supposed to be a babyface. But if you remember Hogan during this period, like people were already sick of this guy number one and number two, like he was always cheating and he was just like a despicable So, uh, he ends up getting dumped out of the ring fairly fairly, and it's down to Rick Flair and Sid Okay. But Hogan grabs Sid from the outside after being eliminated, and he starts yanking on Sid, and Rick Flair goes and he dumps Sid over and Rick Flair wins the time. Of course, everybody goes crazy because you know, Flair won everything like that, but like they immediately turned on Hulk Hogan. And I remember this as a kid, because they would air these shows on pay per view and then they would sell a VHS of the pay per view. Okay, now, not everybody, I mean a lot of people had had VCRs, but not everybody was like taping all of the pay per views and watching them one over and over again. But I was, and I remembered Hogan getting booed when he threw Sid out of the ring, and later I ended up getting the videotape. I watched it and they edited in cheers for Hulk Hogan and I was like, this is BS, what is this? So of course, you know, everybody turns on Hogan and they're all int Sid. And that was the year that for WrestleMania, and everybody thought it was gonna be Hulk Hogan versus Rick Flair because that's the obvious match, Hulk Hogan versus Rick Flair. You know, they'd never done it on pay per view and everything, but I guess they gone all around the horn and uh and they felt they burned it out. And so even though they initially announced the match as as Hulk Hogan versus Rick Flair, it was never the plan and they ended up changing. It ended up being Hogan versus Sid and Rick Flair versus Rady Savage, which was an incredible match by the way, that Rick Flair Randy Savage match, it was great. And so you know, Hogan and Sid go in there and I think that I guess the finish was supposed to be Hogan is supposed to pin the guy with a leg drop, but Sid just decided that don't work for me, brother, so he kicks out of the leg drop.
Speaker 5: And then that when Papa Shango was supposed to make the saving time and didn't, I.
Speaker 1: Think he just I think he kicked out. But regardless, like they did some sort of finish and uh maybe maybe Papa, I'm sure Papa Shango maybe it was part of it. But Sid kicked out is the point he kicks out of the leg drop and then uh, they end up doing I think it was the actual finish was a disqualification.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he was supposed to save to protect Sid, and Sid wasn't gonna lay there and get the three count.
Speaker 1: Well one way to the other. Sid then quits again, goes back to World Championship Wrestling, and he has a run there for a while, and uh, I think that was when he went back, he was in line for the w CW title. But there was an incident where everybody was in the bar after the show and Sid starts just bragging. He goes, yeah, you know, yeah, everyone talks about how Arn and flare these great workers, but I don't even need to I don't even need to work. I'm just a you know. He he's just bragging and just being an idiot and uh and they got they got hot, and so Arne ends up going to his Uh, he ends up going to his room in the hotel, and Arn's gonna you know, he starts banging on the door and Sid ends up coming out with scissors and they get in this huge fight and Sid just like stabs this guy over and over again multiple times. It's like a big it's a big to do. And yeah, that was the end of Sid again, and then he goes back to WWF and had another run as Psycho. Sid ends up in there with Sean Michaels does the old bodyguard gimmick and then they do the big turn and you know, every it was like every year Sid would just disappear to go play softball. It was like, you know, it didn't matter what was going on, he'd go off to play softball. Then he would come back and he was always over with the fans no matter what he did. And eventually, when that WWF run ended, he went back to w CW had another run and then finally at the end he did that spot that he didn't want to do. They were talking to him into doing this jumping kick off the middle rope, which why would Sid jump off the middle rope and do a kick and of course he lands, he just shatters his leg. I mean, it was one of the brutal injuries in the history of wrestling, right there on pay per view. And that was the end of his career. So now he's back for the Hall of Fame and we'll get into that after the Breakers over Life.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks to Death of ww available right now at Amazon dot com or thanks to me, Well, I looked it up after you said, So, what actually happened was they were in the bar, and I guess I guess it started with Sid saying that they want me to put over Sting and I ain't gonna do it. I'm gonna demand another one hundred thousand dollars to do it, And so he says he'd be up like six hundred thousand dollars a year, and then he starts making fun of Arn because Arn had just gotten a pay cut to one hundred thousand dollars a year. So Sid starts saying, well, you know it's fitting I make so much money. You guys don't make nothing because you old dinosaurs Flare and Arn you need to be out of here. And Mike ways guys like me, I'll make this sport great again. So of course Arn gets hot and they almost got in a fight in the bar, but it got separated and then they both got sent back to their rooms. So once they got back to their rooms, that's when Sid got the chair leg. He broke off a wooden chair leg. Sid goes to Arne's room. He's banging on Arn's door. So Arn is the one that first had the scissors. So Sid ends up in the room and then each man has their own story. But Arn claims that Sid went after him with the chair leg, and so he defended himself with the scissors. Sid actually got stabbed a couple of times, but then Arn got lost the scissors and then Sid got ahold of him, and then he stabbed Arn from head to toe and that was that was the end of that run.
Speaker 5: And they avoided criminal charges because they were in the UK, and the UK just said, get out of our country and it's not our problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you know there was a moment like years later. I mean this was probably ninety nine or two thousand where both guys were back in World Championship Wrestling and they end up in the ring together for an angle and Sid did walk over and he shook Ron's hand and they didn't make a big deal out of it or anything like that, but that's what happened. So yeah, that jump off the middle rope, I guess it was a double compound fracture of his leg. He like landed on the ground on one leg, legs snapped, falls on his back. His leg is just dangling like it was so disgusting. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 5: There was around when Johnny Ace kept insisting he do it, and Sid said he didn't want to do it, he was afraid he would break his leg. And Johnny basically said quit complaining, it's easy, just do it. And he did it and legit broke his leg and was not happy afterwards.
Speaker 1: I remember, like when he broke the leg, it was like so gruesome, but then the word was it might not be so bad because it's such a clean break that I guess like they figured they could just like you know, put a put a rod in it or whatever, and he'd be he'd be back quick. Never the same again. I mean, he was never the same again.
Speaker 5: So he had.
Speaker 1: Incredible promos, some of the funniest unintentional comedy ever in his promos. That line I'm twice the man with half the brain. He had some he had some preposterous.
Speaker 5: Line everybody knows that I'm twice the man that you are. Everybody knows I have half the brain that you do. Then there's in the ring belly laughing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was incredible.
Speaker 5: I think the again, first time I saw Sid was Great American Bash eighty nine. It was the skyscrapers and he was so over it was just incredible. But I think my my standout memory of him is the one of him on Nitro standing on the crushed car, jumping up and down, screaming.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, was he screaming somebody's name?
Speaker 5: Whoever did Yeah, he crushed his car.
Speaker 1: It was something like that. And then I'm pretty sure didn't he win the WWF title when he hit Jose Lathario with that camera and then like that like cheered him like crazy. He killed this old man. It was like, literally, it's Sean Michaels versus versus Sid. It's like this always happened with Sid because Sid had a look and he had a personality. People loved him and like he came off as a really likable guy. And so they're doing this match with Sean Michaels and and uh in Sid. It was Survivor series and Sid's supposed to be the heel and Sean is there's the baby face with Jose Lothario who's like his trainer and he's like this old man, and the finish is supposed to be Sid hits Jose Lathario with the camera and Jse's supposed to sell it like he's actually having a heart attack, Like Sid killed this guy. Man. Sid hits this guy with the thing. They start going crazy for him, they're so happy, and then of course he ends up winning the title and they just go nuts. So it was always like this. He was always He always got over, even when he was not supposed to. So I'm happy to see Sid going into the Hall of Fame. I was always ah.
Speaker 5: Now he's going in as a legacy candidate, which to me means no speeches, just a video package.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll find out the thing with all of fame is there are no rules. I mean, they do whatever they're gonna do. I mean, listen, if we're being honest, being honest, what are the chances Dennis Rodmin is gonna make it.
Speaker 5: Or stay awake and be coherent. Probably, I don't know what kind of shape he's in now. He had his moment back in the day.
Speaker 1: Well, the point is, it's a Friday night in Las Vegas at ten o'clock. I mean, there's a decent chance they might want to have somebody on hand, a stand by induction. So we'll see what they do. I hope, I hope Old Gunner, his son gets to go out there and do a speech and really let the world know about sid. All right, what else do we have?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: This brock Lesnar thing I was dying. Brock Lesner was on this podcast and he was talking about his most recent WWE run and he said they was very happy to be back in WWE for quote a short A lot of rumors that brock Listener is going to retire in twenty twenty six, and he says, I was a shooter, an amateur guy. I had a lot of credentials to my name. Of course I got tested along the way by the old timers and the guys. Oh yeah, you have to pay your dues back then you paid your dues and you had to get your respect. I can only imagine the people that decide, you know what, I'm gonna test this brock Lesnar. I don't remember this. It's different now, obviously, he says. Things have gotten a lot softer. There's no more kangaroo courts. It's different now. But I mean, I go there and I'm the old guy now. And so they asked him, why did you come back for this run to hear this answer?
Speaker 5: No, but I can guess what it was.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, he says. I went back to work so I could feed my kids. You guys should see my grocery bill. I left the company years ago. I'm grateful that I'm back for a short time here. I'm grateful for all of the opportunities I had in my life now. Obviously, I mean, the reason he was gone for several years was everything that went down with Janelle Grant. He was persona on grata for a while, and then I mean, I presume they just figured, well, you know, he hasn't been charged with anything, so you know, we'll bring him back. But the thing about I came back to work so I could feed my kids. Do you know how much this man has made in this business for the last twenty years. I don't care if he's got a thousand kids, one thousand brock Lessner sized children. This guy, he lives on a farm. He spends no money. Last I heard, he didn't even have like a like a television. He just hunts all day. Like I don't think it would have been possible for him to spend even a year's amount of money that he's made over the past twenty years. So anyway, it's coming back so we can feed his kids. That guy probably is worth like has to be thirty million dollars or something crazy. I mean, this guy made so much this they brought this guy back for like five million dollars for like three matches a year for years and years and years and years and years. But anyway, he's back to feed his kids, which.
Speaker 5: Is just another way of saying he's back for the money, which.
Speaker 1: Of course, which is why people go to work, all right, tell me about uh, I mean, he doesn't have to buy his rabbis, he just cooks them. He hunts and cooks them. Anyway, tell me about your Netflix experience.
Speaker 5: Yes, watching Raw last night, I was again frustrated by the commercials. I was enjoying the show, got hit with the block of commercials, went to my phone and realized, I'm no longer actually paying attention to Raw even though the commercials are over, and it's frustrating me. But the great part last night, I'm sleeping. I'm in bed sleeping and I have a dream and the dream is I'm back on the roster working in WWE, and I find out I'm getting to work with Shawn Michaels. Imagine I'm pretty excited about this. Yeah, But so I asked, was like, what are we doing? And the producer and Vince bring over the format sheet and I look at it and it's actually like an iPad screen and it's covered in pop up ads like really bad websites, and it's like none of them can get past all the ads to tell me what I'm actually doing with Shawn Michaels. And I'm getting angrier and angrier because I figure I'm going to miss my match with Shawn Michaels because all these bloody ads and I woke up furious and realized that this is the anger I get from watching Raw with ADS, that it's now into my brain and I'm having bad dreams based on my life in wrestling being ruined by ADS.
Speaker 1: Well, there was some sort of glitch last night. On top of everything else, there was some sort of glitch where you could only rewind back to the Becky Lynch segments. Like a lot of people when they went to start at the beginning, they just thought that's how the show started. They missed the whole brock and Oba thing altogether. I'll tell you how I solved this problem last night back in a moment observer life.
Speaker 8: Have you suffered sports betting losses? There is someone who wants to fight for you to see you get back what you have lost those sports betting companies. Michael Watts is a prolific trial lawyer with over eleven billion dollars in total recoveries for his clients and now with sports betting claim dot Com. He'd like to help you. Michael has been a leader in some of the largest and most complex cases in the country, from defective cars and tires to damaging drugs and medical products. He has always represented the rights of individuals harmed by large corporations. His efforts recently resulted in the recovery of billions for individuals who lost their properties to fires carelessly caused by electric companies and others. Michael knows that sports betting companies preyed on and manipulated consumers into losing their life savings, and he wants to make them pay. If you have suffered financial hardship as a result of online sports betting and would like help seeking compensation, please submit your claim information for evaluation at sportsbetting claim dot com. Michael Watts is focused on winning for you sportsbetting claim dot com.
Speaker 9: I am an American veteran.
Speaker 2: I am proud to have served this country.
Speaker 9: Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have shit around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation Program, they'll explain how their program works and then a range of time they can come and pick up your vehicle for free running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles, or vans. Show your support by donating your car and get a tax deduction in the process. Call the Veteran Card Donation program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free, and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about to give you right now.
Speaker 2: Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven, eight hundred eight eight seven one oh nine seven eight hundred eight eight seven one own ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven.
Speaker 7: Do you want to add a boost to your sex life this weekend? Do you want to make your partner and yourself happy? Then call our special hotline now. We'll sell you those little pills that work below the for less than one dollar a pill and deliver your package in a few days, just in time for the weekend. Our pill delivers almost the same results as expensive pills for less than a dollar apiece, and you don't need a prescription.
Speaker 1: And ask about their buy three get three free offer.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Boost your sex life and have a great time now less than a dollar a pill, discrete delivery in a few days and a buy three get three free offer. Down this number and save it now.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred two four five two seven five one eight hundred two four five two seven five one eight hundred two four five two seven five one. That's eight hundred two four five twenty seven fifty one pay for by the pharmacy shot.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERBEB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So I like to watch RAW on the iPad, Me too, yep, And uh, you know, for ever, I would watch it starting about a half hour after the show ended, and it would just run right through, no commercials, would just skip from one segment to the next. Never had to watch commercials except when they went overseas, and then there would be these unskippable commercials, which I hated. And then but then they would come back. Everything would be fine. And about a month ago, all of a sudden, in a show in the US, there were the unskippable commercials, and I was like, God, I hate these things. And the only the only device I can watch on where I can actually skip the commercials is on the laptop. I can't skip them. On Apple TV, I can't skip them. On the iPad, I can't skip I So when I can't skip the ads. I have to end up watching it. I have to just get on my tiny little laptop and I do this split screen. I watch raw in this tiny window just so I can skip through the commercials. And it's just a horrible experience. So last week, everything was great to watch on the iPad, you know, no commercials, just moved right to the next thing. Everything was great. I thought, Okay, they got it fixed. Everything's cool. Well last night I turned it on. I watched the Oba Family segment and they go to break and there's that stupid screen. Here come the unskippable ads and you just see that thing up in the corner, eight ads coming and like, as I just thought, you gotta be kidding me again, I gotta watch this on my tiny screen on my laptop again. I just want to watch it on my iPad. And that stupid screen came up and I hit the FOURD button and nothing happened. Hit the four button, nothing happened. And at that point, like I could have just done what I normally do, which is turn it off and get on, but I was just like I hit my wall and like I started. I can't say it on the air, but I was like f you Netflix, and I started and so I just started hitting forward. I just started hitting it, even though I was gonna do nothing, and all of a sudden, it just was in the next segment, and I went what So I watched the next segment and like they they go to the next and it's another unskippable commercial and I was like, no, I'm gonna do this again, and I just I just kept hitting it and like nothing happened, Like it was like my I wasn't doing anything, but I kept hitting it, and all of a sudden, boom, it was in the next segment. I willed, I willed past these commercials.
Speaker 5: Rage click and so I raged.
Speaker 1: Clicked the entire night and I had no commercials. I just had to rage click. It was like, no, I am not watching this commercial.
Speaker 5: And it worked so well for an answer.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is gonna work every week, but like it worked this week and it it Uh. It's a tip for everybody. Just get really angry, curse Netflix, and don't give up on that thing until it just goes past the commercial.
Speaker 5: Hey yeah, yeah, I don't think I got my first unskippable commercial block until the Bailey Wow.
Speaker 1: The Bailey tag. You know, I uh, everyone keeps bringing up vpn. Guys, Listen, I realize that we live in a selfish society. Okay, I am trying to solve this problem for everyone. Yes, I could get a VPN. What I want is for what I pay for to be delivered to me, which is the ad free Netflix experience. I ain't the only one that's paying for ad free Netflix, and I ain't the only one who's paying and has to sit through commercials. I am trying to help everybody. If I only cared about myself, i'd have had a VPN a long time ago. I don't like everyone to have to suffer. Guys. This was trending on Twitter last night. It was all over Twitter. Everybody was having the same problem. It sucks. I want to help you guys and myself. I'm not selfishly just trying to watch it without commercials.
Speaker 5: Anyway, what country would you need to set your VPN to because Canada gets the unskippable commercials.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I'm sure I get the UK. Apparently I could get a VPN and watch Raw in the UK, just like Stephanie McMahon suggested, in her podcast. But you know what, I'm here for all of you. I'm one of you. We shouldn't all have to buy a VPN to like get what we're already paying for, which is an ad free experience on Netflix. I'm paying like thirty bucks a month for no ads, So what am I getting ads for? Stop it? It goes for everybody watching the show? All right, let's talk about it. Do you think of raw?
Speaker 5: I thought there was a few really good segments, and again there was quite a few segments in the middle that were hitting me with the those ads that I went to my phone as these seven ads were playing, and I realized that the show had come back and I wasn't really paying attention. So there's stuff in the middle. I didn't really watch. But I thought the Oba Brock thing was really strong and could be a candidate for a main event. And I thought also the punk Roman thing was pretty strong.
Speaker 1: All right, as you opened up with the Oba Brock recap from last week, and then Brock came down to the ring and they did the whole speech and out comes Oba Femi. Man, these people went nuts for this.
Speaker 5: Ski dude is over.
Speaker 1: He was so over and he gets in the ring and they have a brawl and Brock tries the F five and Oba slips behind and clothes signs and this dude went fall lying over the top rope.
Speaker 5: For this guy, Brock's a great bumper and sellar. People don't realize it.
Speaker 1: I realize I've realized that for years. Like this guy goes flying for people when it's time, and then he looks on and he's all frustrated and heads to the back, and it was like, this is two weeks in a row, but Oba has got one over on Brock. I hope they're not thinking what I think they're thinking, which islet's fifty to fifty this thing. Oba Femi needs to beat Brock and Mania. He needs to just run rough shot on the guy. I mean, they need to do that Goldberg Brock match that they did twice, actually the quick match, but yeah, it was it was quite the segment here. Then we had dumb kind of promo with the match with Penta tonight. He's upset about Finn and says he's the king of the luchadors, whoso's versus Vision. So this is so bizarre. So originally this was going to be a title match. They announced it was going to be a title match last week, then they randomly changed it to a non title match, and it was like, why did they announce a title match and then change it. Well, it turns out they're.
Speaker 3: Doing that.
Speaker 1: That Netflix deal on Wednesday. Is it the MLB season opener or whatever they're doing. They're doing a big thing on Wednesday on Netflix MLB opening Day and the USO's are gonna be there, and as silly as this is, they want them there with the belts. Okay, well finish, they still have that. That's the point. Like I was so astounded because I was basically told like, this is why it got changed, because they want them to bring the belts to Wednesday. So I'm watching this going all right, well, I guess they're gonna lose and set up another match. No, it was a DQ finish, so it didn't even matter if the titles were on the line. So anyway, Jay Uso ended up using the nuts for a DQ and they announced they're gonna do a title match next week in MSG, so that's probably gonna be a title change. But like, this was so bizarre. There were so many bizarre things. There's another one coming up here, which is this.
Speaker 5: The first time Great Wall had regular gear and tights. Well, that's later looked a million times better.
Speaker 1: That was a different match.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's yeah. I'm thinking this is.
Speaker 1: Logan and theory, all right.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Then we had clips of the Roman and Paul's segment, and then Becky came down to the ring and did a promo about how her daughter is a huge fan of AJ. She can't handle it. She's got to get her out of her life. And so AJ comes out and says, well, I need to get you out of my life, and so the best way to do that is to embarrass you in front of all of the fans at WRESTLEMANI and tap you out. So she's offering. AJ is offering Becky a title match. Becky accepts. She goes, well, that's great because this is my show. And eleven years ago you walked into the office after Many and Vegas or wherever it was and you quit, So I'm gonna make you do it again. Certainly seemed like AJ might actually retain, which I didn't think was gonna happen, but Becky is very cocky about this. Then we had the Javon Greason Waller MA, which yes, Grayson Waller, he's gotten tights instead of those MMA trunks. He's absolutely shredded. He looks a billion times better, so much better.
Speaker 5: I had a real hard time taking him serious in those shorts, and he looked great in proper gear.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: It was actually astounding. He went from looking like a guy that came off the indies, which he was, to like a legit superstar. And he had a great match with Javon, which Javon won with a top roperkin Ron and og Cutter for that, and I'm not talking like the guy sitting on the top rope. I'm talking Grayson Waller is standing on the type. It was a super Frankensteiner and then the og Cutter for the pin and this was a very good match. They announced Rodman going into the Hall of Fame and then Paul came down to the ring for the stupidest WWE segment and I don't even know how long. Paul comes out and says, I got nobody here. Bron Bronson, they're gone, Logan and Theory, you're half conscious. I'm all by myself. Seth wants to kill me as a stalker, and I'm gonna do this like a man, just come out and get it over with. So Seth comes out and he stands on the announced desk and suddenly four cops show up, at which point Paul explains, I filed a restraining order. You are within fifty feet of me. You're going to jail and perhaps prison. Seth has no idea what's going on.
Speaker 5: You have to let someone know the story is.
Speaker 1: Seth didn't know. He was never served. It was like, it was so stupid. And then Paul starts do to promo, going Yep, you're gonna be going to prison. You're gonna be locked up in prison so long that your wife will divorce you and I will become the father of your daughter.
Speaker 5: It's like, what, I don't think that's how it works.
Speaker 1: And then Seth goes after him and clabbors him and they carry him away. I mean, this was so dumb, and it was astounding becase because Paul Hayman was involved, and like, I can't think of one thing that he's ever done in his entire career as stupid is this. This didn't make any sense whatsoever. Zilch Zero, I don't even know why they had this segment on the show.
Speaker 5: Why is Seth still wearing the masks in the hoodie?
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude, this is dying of death. Then Bailey and Lyra beat the Kabooki Warriors, which seemed fine, but the crowd was dead. And then Bailey and Lyra challenged Night and Lash for next week, and then foolishly puts over Madison Square Garden in Boston, gets boot out of the building and then she just goes like, hold on everybody, Bailey and Lyra are gonna beat Nie and Lash about half the people. Kind of she goes, all right, We're done. That's good. She was out of there, and then we had another funny story. So I show Speed shows up. Now before the show, somebody there had told me gigantic star backstage at Raw didn't tell me who it was, and so you know, I I tweeted out to my ex followers, apparently there's a gigantic star backstage at Raw, and like as soon as I tweeted it out, like minutes later, WW announces I show Speed is there.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: Oh I did. But then I went back to the other person. I was like, I show Speed is the Gigantic Superstar, and boy did they lambast me for being old. They were like, bro, you don't even get it. Like, if you're sitting here, think of the same thing I did, which is that's the giant star. Apparently you're old because like I guess this guy like as far as like followers, you know, he's got more than like WWE and something else put together like he is. If you're a young kid, he is enormous. But for us old people, it's like, that's the guy you were talking about. Yep, that was the guy and he was there.
Speaker 5: I also don't think it's as big of a deal when he's been there before.
Speaker 1: Yes, I hey, listen, I'm on your side, but I'm also old.
Speaker 5: I'm older than you.
Speaker 1: So we had penta beating dom after interference from Finn, and then Finn beat him up and laid him out, and I thought Finn was great here. And then the main event segment was Cmpunk, Roman Reigns and the USOS and we'll talk a little bit about that after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike Simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So apparently we add up all of speed social media. He has more than W and AW combined as the stead I was given, but I'm too old to follow it all. So anyway, the main event segment was see him Punk coming out, and I thought this segment was actually very good because he did this long promo about how Roman called him old, but he was old and not embarrassed about it. And he starts doing this big promo about how he feels great and out comes Jimmy and Jay and they're angry at him, and Jay wants to beat this guy up, but Jimmy tries hold him back, and Jay goes Roman's not even here, so of course Roman comes out and they're doing this promo and Roman's trying to get the Usos out of the ring, and then Punk just basically says, well, you might want to leave him here because you're gonna need their help. So of course Jay gets angry and he attacks Punk, and then Roman's trying to pull everybody out of the ring, and then Jay Uso is the one that says, Joe, you know what you gotta do, get in there and do it, and Roman gets all fired up and he goes in there and he kills see him Punk and gives him the power bomb through the table and Jay's egging him on, you know, get that guy, and so they leave him for dead as the fans chant one more time, and then it ends with Punk laughing and saying, I'm not the one that needs help. That's the guy that needs help. So I thought it was a very good segment, one of the better ones they've done, and still building up that match Roman Reigns and c Himpunk main event of Night two for WrestleMania.
Speaker 5: Any thoughts unless they changed their minds. No, I thought it was a really good segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I thought it was a pretty good show overall. It's just even the commercial issues aside. Even if it did just skip the commercials, fine, it's like these commercials are right in the middle of all these matches and it's so hard to get into the action because it's just like it's been like this forever. But really hit me last night for the added frustration of having to figure out how to skip them, and then when you come back, it's like, I miss most of the match. Anyway, what can you do? We're out of here, guys. Tonight. The second week of Raida Rays on the Bright and Vinnie Show tomorrow. Filthy tom It's back plus brand new after Dark. Got a lot of stuff up on the front page, so check it out. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.