Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three, Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Ballely today and Pacific one Eastern Sundays with Andrew A Zarian. And it's Sursday here in the show. You know that means we got a lot to talk about here today. Last night was aw Dynamite and we actually have two matches now, the finals of the Owen Hard Cup announced for the Double or Nothing pay per view coming up at the end of the month. So we're gonna do the Dynamite Report a little bit later on today, tell you everything that happened on the show. Lots going on, although we have absolutely no idea what's going on next week. Because they announced zero matches for next week's Dynamite, but we do have two matches for Collision, so we'll tell you about that. And then of course all of the rest of the news, including where Mayu Ewatani is going we now know. Not really a surprise, I guess, so we're I thought there was a chance she might sign somewhere in America, but in fact she's going to marry Gold. Update on liv Morgan. We know the film that she is going to be involved in, and I have some more details on that as well. Some new Japan news wrestling at Don't Taku Night one and two are upcoming. And we've also the blocks for the new Japan Best of the Super Juniors tournament, which they've known knowledged on AW Dynamite because Nick Wayne is going and that kicks off on May tenth, so ten days away from that that tournament kicking off. We've also got updates on the Viking Raiders, a funny story there, and uh and plenty more if you want to text us here today four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six f for w Online at gmail dot com. As well as F for W online on Threads and Instagram cameos ten bucks. F for W online I did over one hundred cameos in April. So if you want to jump on the cameo bandwagon, F for W online on cameo at Brian alvarezex and Blue Sky Back in the Moment Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's have a little fun. Do you use the expensive blue pill to perform better? Are you thinking about it? So? What if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill? Okay? So, these same pills can cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill. You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill. And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Don't overpay for the other blue pills. Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy Blue one eight hundred buy Blue. It's easy to remember. One eight hundred buy Blue. That's one eight hundred b u y b l ue and thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: Everyone watches more than five hours of television really, and that's not counting mobile viewing. Get Dish TV and make that time worth it. With Dish you can get hundreds of channels, access to all kinds of sports, tons of movies, premium channels and more. Another thing that's really cool with Dish is you can watch most of your favorite shows on your mobile device anywhere for a lot less than cable.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 5: We are asking you to watch more TV and not less TV, but make it better television with Dish this time, anytime, anywhere. So call right now and learn how easy it is to save on your television bill and get the most out.
Speaker 2: Of your TV viewing experience.
Speaker 5: Dial that number, and I promise you were here waiting for your call because we want to save you money and give you better television. We are Dish TV.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight. That's eight hundred two nine three zero three twenty eight.
Speaker 7: Imagine combining the exciting investment opportunity of cryptocurrencies with the power of artificial intelligence to maximize your IRA four oh one K or other investment funds. Listen if you're looking for ways to accelerate your retirement growth. Block Trust IRA has market leading strategies and solutions for all levels of investors, from one thousand dollars to millions, and they partner with Bitcoin Magazine's number one crypto trading fund in the world to maximize your returns. Plus, their team of IRA specialists is here to help you roll over your IRA or qualified retirement account to the new world of cryptocurrency investments. So make this free call right now to set up your account and learn more.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred four seven five six eight two four, eight hundred four seven five six eight two four eight hundred four seven five six eight two four. That's eight hundred four seventy five sixty eight twenty four.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Already back here in the show, Bryan Elverez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike made it.
Speaker 3: I'm here.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: Now Comcast?
Speaker 1: I know, but what happened? Obviously there's a problem with Comcast.
Speaker 3: I got home and it's like, nothing is working. Why is nothing working? The bill is paid, everything should be working. So I call up hold On, let me put you on hold. Fifteen minutes later, at three to oh two, they got back to me and went, everything should be starting up. Now here's your ticket number. Okay, great, Why did this happen? Is anybody coming out? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Hey, dumb? Is Comcast day an advertiser?
Speaker 3: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know they suck, they do.
Speaker 3: They can kiss my whole rear end.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I just have a question for everybody, like, is anybody listening right now? Does anybody who's listening right now have Comcast and they've never had a problem? Anybody? Well wait, because you know, believe it or not, believe it or not. And some people would say that this was a problem, but it really wasn't because it was my own fault. You know, when I found out that I'd been paying one hundred and fifty dollars a month for a landline for the last six years, and I ended up you know, getting that axed off my bill. I mean it was my fault. I mean I had the landline. I was using it for the show, and then one day I found a way to take calls without a landline, and like I set everything up and everything like that, and you know, just didn't even think about, Hey, maybe I should cancel the landline. But the point is, that's not their fault. That was my fault. I don't think I have ever had a single problem ever I got ziply Fiber. I don't think I've ever had a single problem with them. It's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm so jealous.
Speaker 1: I had Comcasts sucked, I had Frontier sucked, I had Verizon sucked. I mean they all sucked. But I've never had a problem with ZIPI ever.
Speaker 3: It's crazy they didn't they stopped running fiber. Verizon did. Like is somewhere in like Dover, which is way far away from.
Speaker 1: The home of the Dover Demon.
Speaker 3: That's it, well, the monster mile up there, But down here in Briscoe County, down here near Sandy Fork, we are suffering right now. Although believe it or not, a Comcast is better than Mediacom if that tells you anything.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know that I travel all over, like we went to Vegas and like everywhere we go we like and like where Dave lives. Oh, what's the internet speeds here? What's the internet speeds there? God, most of you in this country, you're an Internet sucks. It's actually it's the it's the upload. Most of you don't need the upload we do. We do this show, but like I get, I get a thousand, a thousand here, I never have any problems. But most places we go you don't get anywhere near a thousand an upload, which can cause some problem.
Speaker 3: Mine is supposed to be one point five and one. That's what I'm paying for with business internet, okay, and it's like at best, at best it'll be you know, seventy five up, which is just like, come on, give me a break please. Terrible Nah, first world problems.
Speaker 1: I know, Well, it's not a first world problem if it involves the business you do that goes all over the world. If you're listening to this anywhere, then I don't want you to complain about me complaining about internet speed, because otherwise you wouldn't be listening to this. Got it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Want a big offer of congratulations to the former Carmela and Corey Graves. They will be having a second child and she will be giving birth this fall. Their son, Dimitri, born in November of twenty twenty three, So she's done with WWE. Corey Graves obviously still a commentator for NXT, so best of luck to them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Mayu Ewatani is going to Marygold. The promotion founded in twenty twenty four by rossi Ogawa formerly of Stardom, held a press conference overnight announcing she had joined. Makes her debut at Corkanhall May fourth, three days from now. She makes her big debut, and she explained she had done everything she could in Stardom, Goal and Marygold to become a Grand Slam champion. She wants their world title, their United National title, their tag team titles, and their Superfly title.
Speaker 3: Super Wait a second, you heard a second? The super Fly title. Yes, a Flyway title, no.
Speaker 1: Superfly Hmmm, that's cool, So there you go.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Curtis Mayfield.
Speaker 1: Live Morgan will be starring in Bad Lieutenant Tokyo, was reported by Deadline and Uh Takashi Iki is the director and uh The film will be theatrically released in North America International distribution rights go on sale at the con Film Festival in France next month. So, uh, you know, the thing with this is she announced that she was going to be in a in a mad in a in a big I think she said a holly whatever she said on on raw and then you know, they didn't say what it was, and so everybody got talking, and you know, the fans all started talking one thing. And to be fair, you know, the the rumor in Hollywood was, you know, it's a big deal for her. What that meant, who knows, but you know, this is a real director and uh and this is a really big deal for her. But everybody appears, especially on our board, had talked to themselves into she's going to she is going to be in the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood sequel.
Speaker 3: A lot of those people sign with Vivid.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, was funny because like the Once upon a Time? Have you ever seen Once Upon Time in Hollywood?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, well go watch it tonight. This movie is freaking awesome. Okay, but the sequel is not going to be a Hollywood blockbuster because it's on Netflix. So I kind of knew it wasn't going to be that, and I was I was told that she was filming out of the country, whatever that meant. And now we know she's gonna be going to Tokyo and it says it begins production next month. But I think she's leaving like this week, which is why they did that angle on raw Monday. I mean, I guess maybe she won't, but I think she's already on her way, so good for her and might be gone for a little while.
Speaker 3: So we still had that deadline article where they really hyped up the director. And I guess this production company, Neon, does a lot of good things, and apparently they go to Japan a lot to do filming. I don't know for what reason, if it's tax breaks or scenery, exactly what it is, but apparently the director is very well respected in Lily James, who was that Kevin von Eric's wife in the Von Eric movie. I don't I'm not a big Hollywood person. I think everybody knows that, but you know, Lily James is in there too as being, you know, part of this movie. So I just want to know, is it actually somehow connected to the old bat lieutenant that had Harvey Kaitel in it. That was a dark movie.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, we've got to wrestling, don't taku coming up? Hell, Fantasmo defend the new Japan TV title, which he just regained, by the way, against Takeshta, which is interesting Takesha winning that title. Are they gonna beat Takeshta?
Speaker 3: No way?
Speaker 1: I guess we'll see.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what if they do El Fantasmo.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was supposed to be Takesha and Rocky versus Fantasmo and Jutt on a tag match, but very recently Fantasmo beat Great o'conn. It was just Tuesday, So are they really gonna switch the title that quickly?
Speaker 3: Hey, maybe they do some sort of like that and maybe well I either that or they go to some sort of no contest where then we're going to see LP on aw TV at least once.
Speaker 1: Well, the one thing that is important is that they are also wrestling again on May ninth for the never open weight title that Takeshta has, So it's possible they're just gonna split wins and both will leave with their titles. So we got the dog pound steel cage match. Losing team leaves Bullet Club with the war Dogs versus House of Torture.
Speaker 3: And then we know way LP is being to That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely He's gonna lose to him twice in a row, two straight shows. They're wrestling two straight shows.
Speaker 3: I like him, but let's be honest. You signed Takeshta to a new Japan contract. He's one of aw's biggest stars. I guess you could you could argue that, but I mean he's certainly in the top tier mix and he's almost I don't want him to I mean, if I'm Tony Kahan, I don't think I want him losing to El Fantasmo. And again, nothing against El Fantasmo, but where they are on the pecking order, I mean, that's kind of crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Well, the fact is he has two contracts, and whatever each side wants from the other side, it's two contracts. I mean, Well, anyway, we'll talk more about this after the break ups of her life.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: And the show Brian Elberz here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike shember v also Wrestling Observer dot Com. So yes, the first night as that dog pound steel cage match and Hiroshi Tanahashi and Zach Saber Junior and Shingo and showed Umino and Fantasmo and Takeshta, and then night two's got the big go to Callum Newman I w GP World Heavyweight title match.
Speaker 3: You don't sound enthused about that one.
Speaker 1: That's for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title. Go to versus Callum Newman.
Speaker 3: Well, there was gonna be another guy, but he happened to uh not have a contract, and maybe he's in a route to the United States. I don't know. We have no idea where Jeff Cobb is.
Speaker 1: Then we got Yodasuji and u Ui Mura for the global title and in several coda as well. So yeah, you have.
Speaker 3: To be two nights. Talk about WrestleMania not having to be two nights. This show did not have to be two nights. And Nu Japan does not have to fall into this trap. If they're going to do it, dude with the Tokyo Dome when you can, but otherwise, my gosh, don't fall into this habit.
Speaker 1: Like a funk monk. Here goes Goto is winning, you think, I think there's a decent chance he's gonna beat Callum Newman. I mean, I could be wrong, nothing against the guy or anything like that, but certainly nobody predicted on the Prediction Show that Goto would face Callum Newman for the IWGP heavyweight title at a major Nujapan event in twenty twenty five. That didn't happen.
Speaker 3: And let's not sleep on the fact that tanahash and Zach Saber Junior. I guess this is going to be the last one between these two is as far as the singles match go, which makes me wonder how long that match will go too, because if Tamahashi can do a long match with anybody, you would be Zaxaber Junior. But gonna be interesting to see how much they pull out.
Speaker 1: So u Valhalla should be back soon? Really is the husband of Eric, I'm sorry, the wife of Eric? And uh well, you know.
Speaker 3: When she was dressed up in that outfit, you couldn't tell.
Speaker 1: And they she she gave birth and should be back soon. Now. There was a Chris van Vliet interview with Eric the Viking Raiders and somebody sent me a clip on Twitter and it was amazing because he told the story of how one day they got called up to the main roster and they were putting in the videos or whatever on the screen or whatever before the show, and he looks up and he sees Viking experience and he had the same reaction. It's so he's funny because like, you know, this happens with AW, it happens with WWE. I've dealt with this for decades. The company will do something dumb. You will point out that it's dumb, the fans will jump to the defense of the company and talk about how it's actually not dumb, and then like later one of the wrestlers involved will do an interview and say it was really dumb. I can't even tell you how many times this happened. So anyway, he looks up at the screen, He's like, oh my god. And so he goes to Triple H's at ringside and he goes, is this a rib or what? And Hunter's looking at his phone. He just goes, I wish. He says, if you want to talk to Vince, you gotta go talk to Vince. So Eric and Ivar they go talk to Vince, and Vince was like he literally it has to be explained to him. They go listen Viking Experience. What is a Viking experience? It sounds like a ride Disneyland. Hey, go on the Viking Experience. Like So, as it turns out, Vince is a fan of Vikings and there was like a Viking show that Vince really liked. He likes Vikings and so and so literally it's explained that like he'd been watching the show about Vikings and and somebody you'd explained to him, you know, we have a team that they're Vikings, and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, what called up?
Speaker 1: Because he likes Vikings, that's how that's how they get called up, I guess. But then you know they got to get a name, so uh, I guess.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: He explains it like at the time, Vikings actually were like sort of in and so one of the things was, you know, they were trying to trademark something involving Vikings, and like everything was taken and and Eric goes, a Viking Experience wasn't taken because nobody wanted it. And so they're explaining to Vince how stupid this is Viking Experience whatever, and and they like had a list of possible names, and a whole bunch of them involved raiders, and so they were like, well, how about the Viking Raiders, And so Vince said to him, well, too late in the day to change it, So you can be the Viking Experience tonight, because we got that one trademarked, and then we'll h we'll figure out that other one later. And so out they went, and you know, Vince actually did the old No Press as Bad Press, you know, because that famous Hell in a Cell where the Fiend and seth Rawlins had one of the worst matches of all time, and Vince watched it and the fans turned a violently on it, and meanwhile, you know, he fiddled. I just thought it was so funny. So they were the Viking Experience for a while there because Vince, Vince had to be. It had to be explained to him how stupid a Viking Experience is as a tag team name. There you go.
Speaker 3: So it ended up with Viking Express. Yet that was the next one.
Speaker 1: Right, I think they actually ended up the Viking Raiders, and then later they ended up being able because you know the time, you know, we talked about this before, like people like to talk about how it's exactly the same. Now they always do this stuff, but like they're the war Raiders now you know why they weren't the war Raiders before because Vince wouldn't allow the word war It was too violent for it. This man who wanted to do a storyline where Raymistery got his eyeball pulled out. That's another great story.
Speaker 3: By the way, I was gonna say, Alistair Black is still selling that after all these years.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just funny. Because Vince wanted Vince wanted a match. There was an eye for an eye, okay, and so like he came up with the idea that you know, they would do this complicated thing and a raised eyeball would actually be pulled out and it would like, you know, they'd have like some thing where they were like dangle. Ye had to be dangling. But then like at the last second, e he got cold feet. It was just too much and ended up even dumber, ended up being more stupid. Yeah, that's right. I said I'm gonna start watching TNA every week. Really, I announced it on Twitter mostly so I couldn't go back on it. So here's the deal. Didn't No, I didn't you know, I've been watching I haven't been watching Impact for a long time years. Actually they drove me off. But you know, unlike some people, you know, everyone tells me it's different now, and I'm not going to argue it's not. So what happened was I I went to Many a weekend and we got tickets to the The App Special on Thursday, and and I really enjoyed the show. I know, I had a couple of criticisms, like, you know, they should have ended with a hardcore match. It was it was very difficult to follow that. Plus everybody left and they weren't into the three way for the new you know, international title or whatever. But I enjoyed the show. And then the next week we were gonna be doing SmackDown and Collision on the Sunday Bryna Any Show, and and Craig said, hey, what about why don't we watch that TNA pay per view? And since we just watched the The App Special, I was like, Oh, I'm kind of caught up, let's watch the pay per view. So we watched the pay per view and it wasn't like the best pay per view I've ever seen, but there was nothing on the show that was bad. It wasn't stupid in any way, and I enjoyed myself, and so I watched that and then you know the other thing was I was watching I was watching NXT on Tuesday, and you know, here comes here comes Joe Hendry and he's feuding with Trick, and Trick was you know, he ran in at the end of the pay per view, and you know they've got other NXT talent that are working TNA shows. I got TNA talent working NXT shows. The top NXT angle involves the world champion for Impact, so I mean, at least for now, I mean, it seems like this is kind of important. So I'm gonna start watching the weekly TV and fun Friday Lance off and joins his Fun Friday, so you know we could talk about it.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 1: You've got someone who actually works for Impact. So I'm excited to watch it tonight.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty easy show to watch. I mean, the biggest problem with TNA is just unfortunately, when you are watching all of the other shows, it is our number what thirteen or fourteen after Row SmackDown, the two aw shows in NXT. It's just i mean, compared to Roh, easier watch than ROH because obviously if you're into more sports entertainment, that's in there, and some people call it WW like, you know, whatever you want to call it doesn't really matter. It is a much better show than the Dying Days of being on what was it the Discovery Channel? Which are they on.
Speaker 1: Destination US Destinations of America.
Speaker 3: That's it. Then they lost the spot That still kills me. They lost the spot on Destination America two of all things, Ring of Honor that actually took over for them for a very short period before that all ended as well.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, the other thing I noticed is that, like if you if you go to our board or you you know, look at this or that. It's like the the subscribers who are AW fans, they're very loud. They let their voice be.
Speaker 3: Heard, they do.
Speaker 1: And but comparison wise, you know, you it seems like the majority of our fan base is AW fans. But the fact of the matter is they're they're honestly just the loudest because we review WWE pay per views and we get tons of feedback, even though you know, I guess they're kind of loud in a different way. But when we reviewed those those TNA shows, I mean, I got a ton of positive feedback from people I never heard from who just quietly watched the show and don't make a big deal out of it, And uh so I'm gonna have something for those people as well. So anyway back in the mouth with a dynamite report Observer Live.
Speaker 2: Hey there, I'm Jack and I'm Stagg.
Speaker 5: We're just too dear that want to make sure you know it's Deer season. That's your authorized John Deer dealer, the Dear Season that's saves Box.
Speaker 2: You know like us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can get three thousand dollars off select John Dear machines.
Speaker 2: No early wake up calls or tree stands required.
Speaker 1: Just a trip to your authorized dealer before tune.
Speaker 2: Second, if you ask Gus, it's the only Dear season worth celebrating.
Speaker 6: Visit johndear dot com slash Dear Season to find an authorized dealer and for complete finance details.
Speaker 8: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of this six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Called Duran's Publishing right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 9: Now you can get the incredible weight loss results that thousands of people have had with the top name brand prescription weight loss products, all in the comfort of your own home with this free offer from New Hope Weight Loss. Yes, generic versions of the popular weight loss prescription products are available now by you simply making a phone call. You'll save hundreds of dollars over traditional retail pricing. When you call right now, you'll speak with one of our virtual doctors and they'll provide your prescription and will send you your medication. It's that easy, and you'll be on your way to your weight loss journey in a matter of days. And wait, when you order today, will waive the one hundred dollars doctor's fee. This product is not covered by your insurance. It's only one hundred and ninety nine dollars a month. Paul right now to learn more.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred two eight one eight nine four four, eight hundred two eight one eight nine four four, eight hundred two eight one eight nine four four. That's eight hundred two eight one eighty nine forty four.
Speaker 10: You know what's better than a limited time deal? And unlimited time deal. That's why the Wendy's five dollars biggie bag with a junior bacon, cheeseburger, four piece nugs, junior hot and crispy fries, and small soft drink is available all the time. Because the best time for fresh never frozen beef and apple wood smoke bacon is all the time. Duh.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot.
Speaker 10: For the best deal of all time gotta be Wendy's unimited time does not be forever.
Speaker 2: US price and participation may vary.
Speaker 10: Prices may be higher in Alaska, why in Calfornia and be a third party delivery fresh beef avavtable in the continuous uslasking Canada.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simperbeebe on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Hey boss, Yes, do you think some of those people that are really loud online realize that there are a lot more people who just quietly watch what they like and don't know and don't bother.
Speaker 1: To Absolutely not. All day yesterday people fighting me on video packages again. Oh come on, and there's another funny one. So uh so, last night I was I was doing the review of the Hangman match with Dave and I'm talking about how it was an unusual match because Hangman like totally dominated the entire match, and you know, they gave some spots to Kyle Fletcher, but it wasn't like, it wasn't a back and forth match, and it wasn't the match where Kyle Fletcher took eighty percent of the match because he was losing. Hangman beat him and beat him and beat him, and Dave jumps in, he goes, remember he did some moves, he had a kick. Dude, I wrote down everything that happened this match, like, what are we doing? And so we're kind of like arguing this and I wake up this morning, this guy goes. You can tell Dynamite was very good with Brian's feeble attempts to criticize the show. They were immediately thwarted by Dave Holy Cow. That was a lot of reaching.
Speaker 3: No, Brian, they did an arm bar in the Ocado Omega match. Everything's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a bigger issue, I know, Okay, tell them, so listen. I'm not going to go back and count who had more moves because I don't care. But for those of you that do care and are very angry at my criticism of how that match was put together, could you please just do me the one favor of instead of rewatching the match, re listen to the review because I literally said, I like the way they did it. I like that they did it that way. I think what they did with Hangman taking the vast majority of the match, I think that that was better than what they normally do. But people heard I don't even know why they thought that was a criticism that Hangman took like ninety percent of the match. But they heard that and then maybe I guess they heard Dave start to argue it, and so then they decided that I must have said something negative and Dave was there to defend it. Guys, I like what they did with that match, because Hangman is now going to the pay per view to fight in the finals of the owen Hart Cup. I'm thankful that they did a match where when it was over it wasn't fifty to fifty, there was no doubt who the winner was, who the better man was, and he's now going to the finals of the pay per view. I didn't criticize it at all. I said what they did was good, and I liked it better. But it is a thing now where if it even seems like I am saying something negative about AW, there must be a defense AW, even if the defense doesn't make any sense. And I don't even know what you're defending right now.
Speaker 3: AW fans don't realize how many other wrestling fans who are half saying that have been run off by them who just went Okay, we don't When do you want to deal with this? I had somebody. Somebody sent this to me who was in the twitch chats. Somebody actually sent when I talked for two days one show with Tom, one show with you about Mariah May and Tony Storm, how much I liked the match, and I had one off comment I think when you were on of like, I don't know how great of a wrestling match it was, but it was a great spectacle and that was all they took. They took that one line item. Listeners, all of you who took that one line and then complained about that, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: You just want to say that I didn't angry all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't want to yell at the fans of aw you because most of them are awesome.
Speaker 3: You're exactly.
Speaker 1: But for those of you that have a problem, get a life and listen. Sickest criminal love, Hey am I allowed to criticize how lazy Okada is? Is that allowed? Because this guy is so lazy. I was dying last night. So they had a great opener. It was a It was an eight man party match straight out of PWG. Kenny Omega, Mark Briscoe, Speedball, Mike Bailey, Kevin Knight, versus the Bucks Ricochet Okada and my god, this Okada. He's winning the match. By the way, he's gonna win the match. He does his elbow off the top, and you can always tell if he thinks the match is important or not, because if he jumps, it's an important match. If he falls, it's a less important match. I swear to God this one. He not only just fell off the top, he landed on his feet and then dropped the elbow. Was like, oh my god. Now everybody else worked like very hard, went through two commercial breaks. I mean this, I'm surprised. I didn't, you know, wake up today and see all these clips on Twitter about how horrible the match was. Fans loved it. It may have gone on a little too long because they they they did hit a peek and they were less crazy for it by the end. But ultimately Ocada did get a win. He pinned your main man, Mark Briscoe. Ah yeah and uh And it was a very very fun opener. And I will say I will say this though, I gotta be fair as lazy as this man was. They had fifteen seconds near the end where he tagged in with Kenny Omega and for fifteen seconds. We did get the old Okada, but it was fifteen seconds, and then he went right back to the new Okada. I was so, I think they will have an incredible match. I think he's gonna, he's gonna, he's gonna he's gonna turn it up for that match, but not until then and not afterwards.
Speaker 3: Well, he has saved up all of his energy. I mean he should be able to do it. He saw in spurts when they started throwing, you know, four arms and the drop kick and all that stuff, But you're exactly right. Then he went back to it. Then it was cartoon Okada again with the kickout two, and then it's the big ah. I can't believe you kicked out face like that was the most effort he put in outside those spots with Omega, and they still they did do a good job with Meo Yamashta in that package. But you better drive home. You've been hyping up Omega and Ocatta.
Speaker 1: Since January that package.
Speaker 3: They've been teasing it, but you have not driven home the fact of why this guy, why Okado was a legend, and what they did in Japan, and why you want to care about this in Texas.
Speaker 1: You know I couldn't help, but know that they did have a video package for the for that Yamashta match, and I didn't hear one person complain about it. I heard people talk about what a great package it was. Meanwhile, they're telling me we don't need packages. Brian, it's fine, people will figure it out. Don't hold our hand.
Speaker 3: Minute by minute says they don't the package.
Speaker 1: Don't even get me started. I'm not doing it today. Way of the Ops versus Nick Camarado, Red Titus and Miles Hawkins. The ops obviously one, and then the death writers jumped them and they killed Shabada with the gut first drop on the chair. And then Joe cut a promo and the Beach Break match is a steel cage match him and Moxley for the AW title. And I'm sorry, Dave. There will be run ins because we got to set up something for the pay per view, which is a multi person match, and so I think madness will occur during this cage match, but it'll be fun.
Speaker 3: Do you think maybe it's time to not do a anarchy in the arena or a but basically do what New Japan's doing. Having the war game style or some sort of thing where instead of everybody running around everywhere, it's actually encased in two rings or one ring with a gimmick cage.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can do that. I mean, honestly, I hate to say because people are gonna get mad, but this the easiest way to do this is you have a cage with no top, and everybody climbs in and it's a wild brawl. And then the pay per view match they announced, well, this will be in a cage with a roof nobody and nobody out, and that's your wild wargame style match.
Speaker 3: We had the.
Speaker 1: Tony Storm match. I love how I don't think it started, but they had a spot in this match was preposterous, which of course nobody they'll get mad at me for pointing it out. Tony Storm does a running hip attack, you know, on the apron, and she misses, and we're supposed to believe that her butt was stuck between the middle and bottom rope. Oh no, this is absolutely ridiculous. I know you love Tony Storm, I know you love her gimmick and everything like that. I know you love the spot they did, but this is preposterous. She didn't get stuck between the bottom and middle rope.
Speaker 3: But they did that. Are you saying that spot was cheeks?
Speaker 1: It was ridiculous, preposterous, But she won with the storm zero And then Mercedes came out and they had this Mercedes, can we all at least admit I was right that she's far better as a heal than a baby face. She comes out on the ramp and she's got her Uh. She does the spot all the time. It's never not amazing. She comes out in her heels and then out comes Jamie. She wants to beat up Mercedes, and so Mercedes has to run for her life carrying four belts in her eye heels. Ah, she run, I was dying.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: It was incredible. That was way better than the butt getting stuck between the middle and bottom rope spot. Then we had the real best thing on the show. I will hear no arguments will this is a bannable offense. Don Challis does a promo and he says that Kyle will win the AW title at all in that Don Callous family will be at the top of AW And then Don said people will say his full name, and Don Kellis proceeds to say the name Kyle Fletcher with more enthusiasm than I think I've ever said anything on this show, and that goes back a long time. He's incredible, hurt business promo, the usual. Bobby Lashley gives him a thumbs down again. Now MGF has had enough and he makes a bald joke. Ashley, maybe some roguain. I can't say the second thing he said big bald, and then that was a big mistake.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: Bobby bowls him into the corner. He scares the life out of him, and he says, we hurt people. If you want to impress me, you need to hurt somebody. I think I finally figured out where this is going, but I'm not going to reveal it yet. Had a recap of FTR turning Heel reuniting with Stokely. I didn't hear a complaint about this video package either. It was very good. Nick Wayne beat Jay lethal and then Christian like, I don't know what's going on. Well, I mean I know what's going on, but they're they're going about it in an interesting way. Christian tells him turn around. He wraps the belt around his waist, he collapse and then he's like rolls his eyes and chuckles and leaves. Nick is now on his way to Best of the super Juniors.
Speaker 3: I know nobody else wants this, but give me one Christian Jay lethal match, please. I don't care when it is, just give it to me at some point.
Speaker 1: Don't think you're getting it, brother, I know so good though, both of them. Hang Man and Kyle Fletcher on our tournament match, Hangman beat the stuffing out of the sky for minutes on and through two commercial breaks. I didn't count the moves, but I was not the only one because a bunch of people in the chat agree here. He beat this guy so bad that after the second commercial break, I was certain that that Fletcher was winning the match and going on to double or nothing. And he kept beating him, and Kyle would hit him move and it immediately get countered and killed again. He's bleeding all over because of a bump into the dasherboards. He's dead, and so finally like Hangman's beat him so vociferously that he goes for a buck shot. He gets one low blow, one brain buster. Everybody believes Hangman's lost. Hangman kicks out. They went nuts. Kyle hits the running boot, tries the corner brainbuster, but he gets knocked off buck shot off the top, buck shot out of the off the apron pins him and excellent main event. Hangman looked like, I mean, when this match was, it's Hangman and will Ospray at double or nothing. One of these men, I bet you dollars to donuts. One of these men is beating John Moxley for that title at all in. And when this match ended, I was like, I don't know which one would be a better choice, because will Ospray is like, he's so over, he's so great, But man, this Hangman, he's so over and he's so great, and he's also an aw original, which when this whole story's first started with Moxley, it was clear that was what the ending was supposed to be. It's very much shifted now that Darby's climbing the mountain and everything like that. But we'll see, we will see, and there's already look fifty to fifty in the chat of who should win. Back in the moment it was ever Live, you.
Speaker 2: Were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Started blocking some folks on Twitter. Oh finally, I just I used to mute them, but h but then I realize, you know what, they're not learning their lesson? No exactly, I don't want to see your tweet and I'm I'm I'm trying to help you understand that, Like, there's better things to do with your life then troll people on Twitter, so you co troll somebody.
Speaker 3: Else a life, It would be one good thing. Go out and meet another human being, preferably one of whatever you like to do. You know, find somebody and you know, go somewhere, see something, do something, open, expand your horizons. There's a lot of life out there that you could be living. But instead you jump on YouTube, you jump on Twitter and all these other places, and you you're trolling Brian and why for what about wrestling? Like that really is what gives you satisfaction in life? Is just bitching, moaning, comm.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't give him any satisfaction. Sorry, Dom, he did it again.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but seriously, I mean honestly that this is what you do for fun, Like.
Speaker 1: It's what they do for fun. It's it's it's it's it's an illness, is what it is. It's not what they do for fun. They don't have fun. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: You don't have fun.
Speaker 1: Hey know what I'm gonna do right now, I'm gonna go have lunch. I got some eggs.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, eggs, yep. I know somebody could make those little bit of.
Speaker 1: Cheese, some almonds, a little bit of whole milk almonds. Yeah, it does a body good on the side. And I'm gonna go sit in the sun.
Speaker 3: Oh yep, the beach. Baby.
Speaker 1: Whoa rich guy eating eggs? Bro, you guys know how much you all spent on lunch today. I guarantee I spent less for my four eggs. Okay, I gotta get out of here. We'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.