Speaker 1: Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth, and today we're joined by Brody Henderson, Giannis Poutellis, Ryan Callahan, Randall Williams, Chester, Floyd Tressa Croker, and Riva Hanson. Riva, this is your first time on the show. Tell folks what you do here at Meat Eater.
Speaker 3: I edit some podcasts, which one Tree Life, Cutting the Distance, Wired to Hunt, Foundations, Bear Grease Render.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about your chances? How do you feel about your chances at Meat Eater Trivia?
Speaker 4: Not great?
Speaker 2: Okay? What do you know about this show? Anything?
Speaker 4: A little?
Speaker 1: Va?
Speaker 2: Your name came up a lot on the live tour when we were passing through Iowa. We were talking that you own a far arm there that may or may not have pheasants and deer.
Speaker 4: Yes I do personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look good for us. Because we were competing for who would get permission from Riva. I think I won, But now I just got to ask.
Speaker 1: You for no she she said, I could.
Speaker 5: Steve feels like you've got it all locked up, you know, I'm like, really you? That's after a guy like you need another hunting spot Riva.
Speaker 2: When Steve as you just tell him no, that's it. Tell him we actually don't let anybody hunt.
Speaker 3: I'll tell him.
Speaker 2: There you go. That's a good answer. Now, this is a ten round quizz show with questions from meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to be conservation organization of the winners choosing for the start of the week. This week, we're updating our donation tracker. In the history of meat Eater Trivia, we've now donated over eighty thousand dollars to conservation organizations. That breaks down to as forty three thousand dollars from the podcast, twenty thousand dollars from board game sales, and twenty thousand dollars from the meat Eater Live Tour. As a reminder, we're donating one dollar per board game to conservation projects. And the board game is officially sold out. And that med Eater Live Tour number is so big because our friends at onex made a twenty five hundred dollars donation on behalf of the trivia winner at each stop. Who eighty thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Well the trivia do.
Speaker 2: Here's our zero percenter question of the week, which came from the Meat Eater Live Tour. This question was from the Pittsburgh stop. The topic was hunting, and it was the only question on the entire live tour that nobody got right. Yanni and call you keep to yourselves. We'll see if our other players can get this right. Which of these birds do Pennsylvania hunters harvest the least of? Is it pheasants, turkeys, doves or Canada geese? Brody as our player in the room from Pennsylvania, tell me which of these birds do Pennsylvania again, which do they harvest the least of? Pheasants, turkeys, doves, Canada geese? This was the only question pheasants from all eight stops. That's incorrect. Yeeese, that's incorrect.
Speaker 6: Turkeys, doves, that's incorrect.
Speaker 4: Randall got it.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is turkeys. It's estimated that PA hunters kill about one hundred thousand geese, doves, and pheasants each year while only killing twenty eight thousand turkeys.
Speaker 6: You know there's a caveat to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, phillis in you don't.
Speaker 6: Killed in Pennsylvania are stocked.
Speaker 2: They're still killed by Pennsylvania hunters.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 6: They don't really count though.
Speaker 4: I don't think this counts at all because he says one hundred thousand, hundred thousand, hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm doing some editorializing there. The numbers were like one ten ninety seven thousand, one hundred seven thousand, just for cleanliness. Cal I made it one hundred thousand for each.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not knocking Pennsylvania peasants.
Speaker 2: Oh, it sounds like it.
Speaker 1: That show though, that was a rough one for me?
Speaker 2: What was rough for you? Chester? My joke, Jester, try it out here? Tell folks what happened?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, I stowed up on stage to sing my song and I said, I walked out there and I said.
Speaker 2: Go before that, though, tell folks what happened backstage? How you got to that part?
Speaker 1: Well, I told the joke downstairs and everyone laughed, and I was like, wow, that's unusual for my.
Speaker 2: Jokes, a really hard belly laugh. It was one hundred percent approval rating.
Speaker 1: So I just like, I didn't say anything, but I was in back of my mind. I was like, I'm going to say this while I walk out on stage, walk out there all proud of my joke, and I go so I heard there were a bunch of steelers around here when I got off the bus, so I ran back and locked the door, and.
Speaker 2: Crickets, crickets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was because of the timing. When he said the punchline, the crowd was still reacting what.
Speaker 2: You had first.
Speaker 4: I don't know. That's funny.
Speaker 2: Chester took another stab at it later in the show when he came out to give a scoreboard update for Trivia, and it crushed. Yeah, the biggest laugh we got all night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, made fun of myself a little bit.
Speaker 7: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: It worked. We have some housekeeping to get to you. In a previous episode of Trivia, we had a question about the only cavity nesting duck that lays two broods per year in North America. The correct answer was wood duck, which is a fact that was stated by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, but a few listeners wrote in saying that black bellied whistling ducks will also produce two broods per year, and our cavity nesters. This was verified by a twenty twelve paper in the Wilson Journal of Ornithology, which observed double broods in Texas. So if you said black bellied whistling duck for that answer, you'd also be correct. Nobody on our show did, though, so it doesn't change the outcome of the game. It's a duck. I never even heard of cal. Are you familiar with the black bellied whistling.
Speaker 4: I thought that's invasive species.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I feel like they're uh, they're more common in like Central America, but they do come up into Louisiana and Texas.
Speaker 1: Are there any they're expanding their range, different names for them, like you know in certain regions though.
Speaker 4: Being around people who hunt ducks in Louisiana, they'd call them a black duck mmm, because that's what they call all ducks.
Speaker 2: Also, also in a previous game of trivia, we had a question about the national park that's home to El Capitan. The correct answer was Yosemite, but about a dozen listeners wrote in saying that Guadaloupe Mountains National Park in Texas also has a mountain named El Capitan. So if you said that is your answer, it would also be correct. Again, no one on our show did so it wouldn't change the outcome of the game. Now, the Shelby indecks for this episode is a three, so our winner should get six correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 4: Just that, just tend to win everything. Give us on.
Speaker 2: Game on sus Phil. I'll tell you that our intro has never sounded better than being played in a theater that who wants to.
Speaker 4: That up is?
Speaker 8: I thought the same thing too first time I heard it, echoing really hit it's cool at fun.
Speaker 2: Question one, the topic is ecology. In this is multiple choice. Which of these states is not part of the Mississippi River Watershed? Is it Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, or West Virginia. Which of these states is not part of the Mississippi River Watershed Texas, Utah, Wisconsin or West Virginia. Randall wrote down an answer before Cal even picked up his board. Randall, do you know this one?
Speaker 7: I feel pretty confident about this one, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Yanni, how about you?
Speaker 5: I feel confident as well?
Speaker 2: Which of these states is not part of the Mississippi River Watershed? Texas, Utah, Wisconsin or West Virginia. It's everybody ready.
Speaker 5: Riva, how's your geography?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're about to find out it is.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying Utah, cal saying Utah, Chester saying Texas, Brody saying Utah, Reva saying Utah, Treesa saying West Virginia. Yanni is saying Utah. The correct answer is Utah. The room did very well, Wisconsins. The Mississippi River, Texas is connected to it via the Red River, and West Virginia is connected to it via the Ohio River. The closest the mississ Hippy River watershed comes to Utah is about one hundred miles to the northeast in Wyoming.
Speaker 8: Really quick, my marker wasn't working. Tresa and Giannis. Did you get that right?
Speaker 1: Round?
Speaker 8: No? No, yes, thank you, I got it.
Speaker 4: I got it right, got that Randall, Thanks Bud, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: If you look at a map of the Mississippi River watershed, it is powerful. Damn near the whole continent just drains out down there in some way or another. Question two, the topic is cooking. This next great question comes to us via Tyler McFarland. Elvers, which sometimes costs more than two thousand dollars per pound, are the juvenile form of this animal. Again, the topic is cooking. Elvers that spelled e l v e rs, which sometimes costs more than two thousand dollars per pound, are the juvenile form of this animal.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on with me, Spencer Trevia. I feel like I used to do a Okay, now I just.
Speaker 4: You just got utah? Oh yeah, tex No, I never mind.
Speaker 7: Never mind, just just question too.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: You can feel good about being right about being bad. Yeah, you're right about something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Elvers, which sometimes costs more than two thousand dollars per pound, are the juvenile form of this animal. The room looks stumped.
Speaker 4: Major black market trade.
Speaker 2: Brody knows it. Cal appears to know it. Triesa do you have an answer?
Speaker 4: Black?
Speaker 2: I think they might.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: I think there's a reason why they might be stumped. It's enough of a hint from Cal is another hint from Elvers, which sometimes costs more than two thousand dollars per pound, are the juvenile form of this animal. Cal, you don't have to answer this because it'd be giving a hint to them. But have you eaten these before?
Speaker 4: No? No?
Speaker 1: Mm?
Speaker 2: Would you like to? Oh, Brodie White, what's your problem with his answer? I'll answer that, okay, you would prefer to not help out the room? A lot of hints here being for hints, right, Brody and Randall are still the only ones who are confident.
Speaker 4: All right, let's wrap her up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Cal and Brody are the only confident ones. Yanni coming up with an answer?
Speaker 4: Is this you honest?
Speaker 6: Is one thing where he gets to drag the answer out for a few hours.
Speaker 2: If I see his marker on the board, we'll let him finish writing. Johanny, I'm trying.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to run out of time with just something and.
Speaker 7: It's an animal. Being very precise.
Speaker 2: Here, are not juvenile for this animal? Brody does not approve of Reva's answer. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Randall saying eels, Col saying eels, Chester saying whales, Brody saying eels, Riva saying reindeer, lobster, Giannis saying sturgeon. The correct answer is eels. Brody, Randall and Col got it.
Speaker 6: Right, So he's kind of eating them.
Speaker 4: Oh, explain, well, I've eaten the adults. Oh sure, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But they'd be like asking someone know if they've had caviar, I think, and they'd be like no, and you'd be like, yeah, but you've eaten adult salmon. No, no, not the same thing.
Speaker 6: It'd be like eating a small perch or a big perch.
Speaker 2: Elvers are also referred to as glass eels because of how transparent they are as juveniles. Elvers are typically collected with dip nets or baited traps and are usually fried in all oil. Anglers in Maine harvested about nine thousand pounds of elvers in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 6: They export a lot of those things due to Japan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they go on audiocean.
Speaker 6: There's there's last few years, there's been some black market busts for those, haven't there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Tons, And there's actually a lawsuit going on right now against the Nova Scotia Province of Nova Scotia for not enforcing enough because I think there's some indigenous groups too that have like harvest rights and stuff like that that are getting impacted. But like all sorts of nasty stuff like shootings and.
Speaker 1: Where do you guys get your information from the news. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, it's also like American eels are like doing very well in some spots and then they're like endangered a few hundred miles away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two thousand dollars a pound is going to create a black market. Question three, the topic is hunt. How many mass measurements are taken when scoring a white tail buck antler? How many mass measurements are taken when scoring a white tail buck antler? This is question three. The topic is hunting Chester. Have you ever scored a white tail buck?
Speaker 1: Just did the other day.
Speaker 2: Okay, you should be that on advantage here.
Speaker 1: I did it with a buddy, so I.
Speaker 2: Technically okay, you were a witnessed.
Speaker 1: I have been there. But I I'm if somebody were asked me to score a white tail by myself right now without looking it up, it would be probably incorrect.
Speaker 6: That's how all measurements are.
Speaker 1: However, I will add this. They asked me what the score of the buck was, and I said it and it was dead nuts.
Speaker 2: Really, yep, it's great.
Speaker 1: Chester's one hundred and thirty two inches and how many eighths? I mean probably close heard a one hundred and thirty three.
Speaker 2: Inch Chester coming up with an answer.
Speaker 4: Here MEAs spreads himself on field field, guess him.
Speaker 2: M hmm, showed me, showed me a picture of an enormous white tail that he killed. I guess you're right on the nose. Janni. When's the last time you scored a white tail buck?
Speaker 4: I don't know, year two? Maybe?
Speaker 2: How many mass measurements are taken when scoring a white tail buck antler? Does everybody have an answer? Chester? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying eight, Cal saying four, Chester saying four, Brodie saying four, Riva saying three, saying three, Yannis saying four. The correct answer is four. No, I should get it, Randall, Well, I said a white tail buck antler, one of them. It was very specific, a white tail buck.
Speaker 6: I thought we were all going to get it wrong, and he was going to get it right.
Speaker 2: You doubled the measurements.
Speaker 1: I would say, did you? Did you?
Speaker 4: But then it's divided by two?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Were you thinking? That's what?
Speaker 7: I was? Sorry, rand thing about scoring a white tail.
Speaker 2: A white tail buck antler, and I'm phrased that way, Spencer, Spencer, rand I'll tell you this random when I wrote the question, I.
Speaker 9: Mean, how how on earth would I possibly think that you'd measure one antler, you could score shed, you'd take no but taking eight measurements on one antler.
Speaker 4: Doctor Randall Williams Brand moves so fast, Spencer, I think you should have worded it.
Speaker 6: How what is the maximum number of mass measurements you could? I almost worder because what if you shoot a little baker?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll explain it to you, Brody. Regardless of how many points a deer has, whether it's a spike or a six by six, you take four mass measureasurement. This can get confusing. This can get confusing on eight pointers. After the third mass measurement is taken. The rule for getting the final measurement on an eight pointer is you measure the antler's circumference at the spots that is exactly halfway between the G three and the end of the main beam. So, regardless of if it's the dustin huffbuck or a little tiny spike, you take four mass.
Speaker 6: I remember that next spike, I should.
Speaker 2: Randall, I don't think we're gonna give it to you.
Speaker 7: I mean, I feel like of all the exceptions that we've made over the years.
Speaker 2: Yanni, who got to get right?
Speaker 4: Yanni?
Speaker 2: Brody, Chester and Cal. What do you guys think there's four review?
Speaker 6: What do you think considering Randall's you know competitive?
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I would give it to him.
Speaker 2: Chester says, give it to him.
Speaker 4: Cal, it's the only game where conservation always wins. Give it to him.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 6: I think he knew what he was doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna give it to him. Get it right?
Speaker 5: I mean the question was stated particularly.
Speaker 7: I was, but I was like a beautiful mind math. I was watching the tape right.
Speaker 5: Well, let's bring it in focus for the next question.
Speaker 7: Question, So happy right now?
Speaker 4: Question for Christmas come early question.
Speaker 2: The topic is conservation. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by James Arnold for sending this great question. James is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. Site's stands for quote the Convention on International blank in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora Sitis that's c I T E. S. Site's stands for quote the Convention on International blank in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
Speaker 4: I was driving back from guiding up in BC and I was able to take a bunch of unwanted moose meat home, which meant a great deal to me.
Speaker 2: Are you going to give away the answer here with what you're the rest of your banter?
Speaker 4: I don't think you'll have to tell me.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of borderline banter today.
Speaker 4: And I got stopped on the border just hours from home and by Canadians. Yes, told told the turnaround that's because I didn't have my sight e's paperwork, and I uh was out of gas because you know, fuel in Canada is real expensive. I was like, well, I was planning on fueling up over here, and the only gas station on the Canadian side is closed right now. And you guys like, oh yeah, they'll open at like ten am or whatever.
Speaker 2: This sounds like the start of a movie.
Speaker 4: So I turned around, sat in that parking lot, fueled up, and uh eventually just came came to the conclusion that when they asked me if I have anything that I'm taking back to the States, I'm gonna say no. And that's what I did. And I got to eat moose meat.
Speaker 2: And now you now you host a conservation podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the that's the correct Well, there's there's folks who want to do harm out there, and I wasn't one of them.
Speaker 2: Is the question one more time? Sighte's stands for quote the Convention on International blink an endangered species of wild fauna and flora. Does everybody have an answer? Tresa give up? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying trade, cal saying trade, trade, Brody's saying trafficking, Reva saying trade, Tresa without an answer, Yannis saying trade. The correct answer is trade. Brody and Tresa got it wrong. Sighty's is an international agreement between eighty countries. It was formed in Washington, D C. In nineteen seventy three. It was created to ensure that international trade of plants and animals wouldn't threaten the survival of vulnerable species.
Speaker 4: I'm watching beautiful mind over here, Mark Uther's board.
Speaker 2: Are you keeping score now?
Speaker 4: For no?
Speaker 9: No, I'm losing my I'm losing my juice. Okay, I want to make sure my answers are legible.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Question five the topic is public lands. What state is home to the Poconos Mountains? This is question five. We will get a scoreboard update from Fill the engineer after this. What state is home to the Poconose Mountains? Brody confident, Randall is confident. Chester and col thinking hard. Got Yanni writing down an answer. Yanni, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 5: You know, it's just it's I think there's a hole monculous answer just popped in there.
Speaker 2: And you don't think you've been to this place?
Speaker 5: I definitely have not.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a hint. What state is home to the Poconos Mountains?
Speaker 9: If I could listen to all the places that Yanni's been that you're on.
Speaker 5: The tour of us last week, at about two o'clock one morning, we had the map on and the screw of the TV and we went through and marked every single state everybody has been to.
Speaker 2: So Yanni's been to what like forty of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Doing well.
Speaker 5: I'm either missing I forget if it was ten or twelve.
Speaker 4: I was missing.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I had higher expectations for you, Yannie. I thought your number would be upper forties.
Speaker 7: Are you counting layovers or no?
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, just having in the state, spent spending the night there, like driving through it.
Speaker 2: That'd be good enough. Does everybody have an answer? What state is home to the Poconos Mountains.
Speaker 4: It's such a you know, all those states they just get together in touch over there, overwhere that part of the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's everybody ready, Riva, Tressa, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randalls saying Pennsylvania, cal saying New Jersey, Chester saying Pennsylvania, Brody saying Pennsylvania, Reva saying Wyoming, Tressa saying Tennessee, Yannis saying Maine. The correct answer is Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: They don't squirt up into New York a little bit.
Speaker 10: Not.
Speaker 2: According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, it is a hard line that ends at the border. The Poconos are in northeast Pennsylvania, on the border of New York and New Jersey. The area is known for its flat topped mountains that max out at about two thousand, six hundred feet above sea level. The Poconos have a rich history of skiing, hunting, and fishing. Phil we are halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a score board. Update.
Speaker 8: Yes we have Tresa holding up the end of the carts there with zero points. Reva has two, Jannis and Chester have three points. Apiece, Calm Brody have four? I have that, right I do? And then in first place you gave him the point and now he's got a perfect game.
Speaker 4: It's Randa Williams. How would you feel about you missed earlier?
Speaker 7: No? No, remember I had to eight and that was correct. We determined that collect How.
Speaker 2: Would you feel about getting a perfect game if it comes with perfect answers?
Speaker 7: What am I gonna do?
Speaker 4: You know? Walk away? I don't.
Speaker 7: Gift horse in the mouth. Whatever the saying is.
Speaker 2: Question six. The topic is fishing. This is a visual question. If you want to see what the room is seeing, then go watch this episode on meat Eater's YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: That eight's gonna come back and bite, bite him.
Speaker 2: Phil is going to play you a one minute clip of a fishing scene from a nineteen ninety three movie starring Paulie Shore. You need to tell me what movie that's from. Take it away. Phil cal likes what he sees.
Speaker 1: It is no, no, no man, it's all in the wrists.
Speaker 4: A couple of folks of Chester helped pop it out there flickered. No, no, no, no, no, you got your you got your rod upside down?
Speaker 2: Turn it over, turn your rock.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right, go ahead and pop it out. No, just one hand, Just do it with one hand. That's right.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, that's happened.
Speaker 2: Sh Look what.
Speaker 4: I love. Just like the mix of fishing tackle.
Speaker 9: That hat must be incredibly heavy.
Speaker 4: Describe what you're seeing their cal Oh, it's just some you know, greatly removed from the out of doors. Producer type was like, yeah, fishing, totally got it. And so they're using fly rods, but they're.
Speaker 2: The wrist poly Sure, it's.
Speaker 4: Like a bunch of soft plastic baits spbs on his bucket hat, which would be very hip. Right now, those two things don't go.
Speaker 9: They landed the fish in a tin pail, which goes hand and conventional.
Speaker 2: To get this question right, you need to tell me what movie that's from. And if you want to see that one minute clip, you can check this out on meat Eater's YouTube channel. Brody, you were groaning at the start of this question, but you were the first one answer it. Do you have this?
Speaker 6: Only know one movie that I have?
Speaker 2: One movie?
Speaker 7: He was in okay in the army now.
Speaker 2: Only again. Here you guys are helping out by, you know, getting rid of movies from the nineties.
Speaker 9: I don't think anybody as as an exhaustive list of Pouli Shore.
Speaker 4: You act like you've been in the Juice. It's not a goofy movie. Leaning Tower.
Speaker 2: A goofy movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he plays like the stoner friend or whatever.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that same there's a goofy movie.
Speaker 4: Oh, and there's an extremely goofy movie right now.
Speaker 2: You feel like prime age to know the goofy movie. Randall.
Speaker 9: No, no, my My earliest you know memory of cinema is just going to see Jurassic Park in the theaters ten times.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to Okay.
Speaker 2: This seems to have a gender dividing line growing up on the farm.
Speaker 4: It would help you with all sorts of efficiencies.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randalls saying what's that say?
Speaker 11: And Sino man cal saying son in law chess, you're saying Caddy shack, Brody's saying in Sino man Reva, and Tressa without an answer.
Speaker 4: Has a six on her board.
Speaker 2: Yanni's saying no idea, cal got it. The correct answer is son in Law, despite the green grass and foliage in that scene. The movie was supposed to take place in South Dakota during the week of Thanksgiving. The comedy received a twenty one percent from critics. According to Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 4: A lot of people didn't think it'd take home the oscar that year.
Speaker 2: But question seven, the topic is cooking, Phil do you like Son in Law? It seems like a movie.
Speaker 4: No, are you kidding me? Wonderful?
Speaker 2: Question wonderfully, the topic is cooking. Place these in order of most widely produced to least widely produced in America. White onions, yellow onions, red onions. Place these in order of most widely produced to least widely produced in America.
Speaker 6: That's two in a row that have nothing to do with the four verticals.
Speaker 2: White onions, yellow onions, red onions.
Speaker 7: I assure you.
Speaker 4: I love onions. I use a lot of onions.
Speaker 7: This is the ill say exact.
Speaker 4: The order in which I use these, and how how frequently.
Speaker 2: White onions, yellow onions, red onions place them from most widely produced to least widely produced.
Speaker 4: Tacos brought worst pizza a lot of ways you can come about this.
Speaker 2: I think if you're a strong at home chef Brody, this is a question that you would know well. I feel like this fits firmly in our cooking.
Speaker 9: Is the relative quantity of each in your average grocery store produce section uh representative of.
Speaker 2: Not going to help you out there? Right there?
Speaker 8: Answer?
Speaker 2: This is question? Does everybody have an answer? Does anybody feel good about their answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got just stab stab in the dark.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying yellow white, red, Cal saying white yellow, red, Gesture saying yellow white red, Brodie saying yellow onion red. That's white, trus yellow.
Speaker 7: You're making a claim that yellow onions were actual.
Speaker 10: Onions, saying yellow white red, Tresa saying yellow white red, Yanni saying yellow red white.
Speaker 4: Only one right answer in the room sun of a gun.
Speaker 2: The correct answer. The correct answer was given by Yanni. It's yellow, red, white, no shit. According to the National Onion Association, eighty seven percent of the US onion crop is yellow, eight percent is red, and five percent is white. They say white onions are best for Mexican food. Red onions are best for sandwiches and salads, and yellow onions are what you can use for everything else. What's your favorite? Spencer favorite? Probably the red onion. There's that pretty purple yellow color. That's why they like them for sandwiches and salads because you really get the aesthetic.
Speaker 1: Throw vinegar.
Speaker 2: National onion. So maybe maybe we'll donate to them.
Speaker 7: That's the other. The other Noah.
Speaker 2: Big onion are Question eight. The topic is Gear. This brand, which is known for their hand in toe warmers that come in orange and yellow packaging, was founded in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 4: Oh God, I hate these things.
Speaker 1: This one.
Speaker 2: The topic is Gear.
Speaker 4: Why because it's just trash. It's like, hey, here's trash.
Speaker 6: You don't have kids.
Speaker 4: It's wrapped in trash, and you buy it and it's instantly trash.
Speaker 2: This brand, which is known for their hand and toe warmers that come in orange and yellow packaging, was founded in nineteen eighty nine. Randall knows this one, Brody, Brodie, you know this one? I think, So, when's the last time you bought these things?
Speaker 6: I bought a megapack at Costco a couple of years ago, still got a bunch left.
Speaker 1: I should know this, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Being from Wisconsin, I think you should should know this.
Speaker 6: I mean to use them when skiing.
Speaker 1: I've bought a million packs of them.
Speaker 4: I put these right up there with balloons.
Speaker 2: This brand, which is known for their hand in tow warmers that come in orange and yellow packaging, was founded in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's a real white space for someone to improve upon the product and make it environmentally friendly.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it should be something that you could just leave in the woods and it would just, you know, dissipate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 7: Leave these in the woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bandall just learned he can't live balloons out there either. No, you are from Ohio, and Ohio had the Cleveland Balloon Fest, a southern Ohio though checks out a mistake by the lake.
Speaker 4: Is what we like to call Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, last minute addition, I see to your.
Speaker 2: Answers, what do you think he did there? Jhanni, I don't know antic he.
Speaker 6: Had an exclamation point to trash.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have any balloons? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying hot hands, Cal saying eight, Chester saying hot hands, Brodie saying hot hands, Reva saying hot hands. Tressa is saying myers, Giannis is saying hot hands. They got it the correct answer. The answer hot hands. That's a good one. Randall cut Hot Hands was created in Georgia and is still made in America today. They claim to be the top seller of air activated heat packs in the country. Some of their products can reach up to one hundred and eighty degrees fahrenheit.
Speaker 4: They're just right behind. Get off your ass and walk around a little bit for effectiveness.
Speaker 2: Well, we have two questions left. Give us a leader board update.
Speaker 4: Organizing by highest to lowis score. Here we are.
Speaker 8: Let's see Chester, Reva and Tresa you have been ohn. Nope, sorry, Chester, you're still in the game. Reva and Tressa, you've been eliminated. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Chester.
Speaker 8: You have four points. Col and Brody have five, and Randall is in the first place still with six points.
Speaker 4: Damn Still a tight game.
Speaker 2: Two engines to go.
Speaker 5: I used to have a reusable version of this. It was no, it was uh. It looked like a glasses case, like a hard case, and it had like a forget what the it must have been a fire retardant material on the inside. But you would light this little stick. You would light it and then put it in there that some bitch would burn you. That's why they're not around.
Speaker 6: There is one that used like fuel though a metal case.
Speaker 2: You dump it looks like a flask.
Speaker 1: With those little you can some have coal.
Speaker 2: You can put hot coal in them, and everyone's got hot coaling around there.
Speaker 1: There's a tip up a lot of you do you can use those to keep your tip ups from freezing over.
Speaker 2: The worst quite the topic is public lands. This next great question comes to us via Jared gets. Name two of the three that are part of the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. Name two of the three states that are part of the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park.
Speaker 4: It's no steelers breaking into the back of a theater, but.
Speaker 2: It's Brody and Randall are confident chesters joining them. Brody, you know this one. Could you name all three states? Randall? Could you name all three states?
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 2: Name two of the three states that are part of the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. Reva, you grew up in Hot Hands Country in Iowa. Is that something that you would get for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yet?
Speaker 2: Every year? Oh yeah, you would. What would you do with them? What were we wearing the hot hands to do?
Speaker 3: Just be outside? I mean we had animals, so we had to do chores. But yeah, we played outside all the time.
Speaker 2: Plenty of hot hands. Brody, are you giving some hot hands for Christmas this year? To Cal?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: So can we write three down?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Just write down to Chester. You will get it wrong if you write down three. You know what?
Speaker 4: We got a lot? Hey, why are your hands in your pockets? Maybe you should work harder? There we go, Yeah, we put them in our gloves. We used to get that.
Speaker 5: It was only it'd be like the boy scout masters used to always say, if your hands are cold, put them in your pockets, but otherwise out. You know, we used to hate seeing us standing around.
Speaker 4: That's right, little Yannie over there ripping heaters on the side.
Speaker 2: You're right about that with his left hand. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 4: Chest?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying Kentucky, Tennessee, Cal saying Tennessee, Arkansas, Chester saying Kentucky, Mississippi, Brody saying Tennessee, Virginia, Reva saying Kentucky, Tennessee, Tresa saying Kansas, Yannis saying Kentucky, Tennessee. The three states are Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia. Wow, yeah, Reva, Yeah, room, got that right.
Speaker 3: I have long Hunters to thank for that one.
Speaker 2: Oh that came up in there. Huh yeah, a lot of Daniel talk. I suppose ye the.
Speaker 3: Wilderness Road audio original to find out.
Speaker 2: Why that's a good tease, Reva. The Cumberland Gap National Historical Park straddles the border of the of these three states. The point at which they meet is the Tri State Peak Trail, which is accessible via a one point twenty five mile hike. At twenty four thousand acres, this is one of the largest national historical parks in the nation. Phil we have one question left. Who is left in the game.
Speaker 8: It's down to Randall, Brody and Jannis. Brody and Yannis have six points and Randall has seven.
Speaker 9: Question ten, Yeah, you did have the same answer as you you did?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, I guess he's so skeptically. Question ten, the topic is conservation. What is the name of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation magazine? Randall is going to his whiteboard with rand was going to win.
Speaker 5: Just finish it off with a freebi It depends on how up to date he is.
Speaker 4: They just changed it.
Speaker 2: What is the name of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Magazine? I like that move.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's good. Okay, topic was conservation. What's the name of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation magazine? Looks like Randy Randall, col Bro and Yanni will get this right.
Speaker 6: You need to anticipate close games at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: I feel like this, this was a question I thought most.
Speaker 9: Of the time when this happens, just a just a week's a week fastball right.
Speaker 2: Down the middle, because you have to be a member to get this magazine, which I feel like implies, Ah, it really cuts out some more.
Speaker 7: You have to go with the dentist in the Rocky Mountain.
Speaker 4: West exactly somebody's bathroom.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer? Chester?
Speaker 4: Actually, I don't see that around very much anymore. He used to be like a stack of magazines on everybody's toilet.
Speaker 2: We got phones. Now it's everybody ready.
Speaker 1: Chester, I'm trying to figure out how to spell the name thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have it right. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying bugle cal saying bugle Chester, but he got Chester nothing. Brody's saying Bugle, Reba saying jrm EF Weekly, Tresa saying Mountain magazine, Yanni saying Bugle. The correct answer is Bugle. Bugle has been around since nineteen eighty four. It publishes six times a year for rme EF's members. The magazine covers el cohunning stories, tips, gear and conservation. They encourage their members to send them elk hunting stories for publication at RMEF dot org.
Speaker 6: That's where Jannis's favorite gun writer.
Speaker 2: Right, Really, who's that.
Speaker 4: Wayne vans Bowl?
Speaker 6: You've never heard Steve call Jannis Yanni van zwol Oh.
Speaker 2: My dad, I didn't understand the reference. I guess Randall is our winner with eight correct answers.
Speaker 7: Lucky number eight today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if only they didn't give you that point, Randall. That was quite generous.
Speaker 4: It might be going to a tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they can take it back.
Speaker 7: Could we play a tiebreaker just to see if I'd win? I'm only joking, let's just.
Speaker 4: Randa.
Speaker 2: What happens next is you get to choose where a five hundred dollars donation from meat eater goes.
Speaker 9: What's it going to be you know, I'd like my donation to go to the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership.
Speaker 2: A common staple for Randall. What do you like about them?
Speaker 7: They just do great work.
Speaker 9: I've been doing a lot of advocacy around the Ambler Road controversy and comment period, which is ongoing, and you know, it's been a while since one and I just got to get back to the basics. So trying to, you know, re center myself what seems to be a winning formula at one point in time.
Speaker 4: So it's more about you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I am, I'm the main character.
Speaker 2: Well done, rand Only a little controversy in this victory. Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: We should play that the Cumberland Gap. It's the devil of a gap. That's what the scouts all tell you.
Speaker 7: Are we still rolling?
Speaker 4: We got that?
Speaker 6: Are you still enjoying your hollow victory?
Speaker 2: Cut?
Speaker 4: Here's the thing where he may have one, but that's this is going to follow him home.
Speaker 7: Cut. Phil