Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: And wow, wow, wow, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. The Indiana Pacers take a commanding three to one lead one thirty one. Boy, what a night for Tyrese Halliburton, Pascal Siakam and ben Adict Mattburn.
Speaker 1: They carried the Pacers to a victory and.
Speaker 2: Their one went away, one went away from going to the NBA Finals. Wild what a ball game? I am your favorite AUNC Shouting Shark, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame honoree pro bowler, All Pro. That's Chad Ochol, Sinko Johnson and as normal joining us.
Speaker 1: To break down, break it, break it all down.
Speaker 2: Iojoe Arkansas, Little Rock Native, University of Arkansas, lum and he's here to talk to us how Indiana was able to come back and do this giving up the big lead they had in Game three, But they came back and basically led from start to finish the entire night and they get it done and they one went away from going to the NBA Finals. Guys, please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 1: Every subscriber counts.
Speaker 2: We want to thank you each and every one at Nightcap want to thank you guys for your support. You'll continue support because without you, there is no Nightcap and what we've been able to accomplish in just a short amount of time is thanks to your support, your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth. Thank you very much and hopefully you continue that support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you cannot find it any city or state near you, order it online and we'll ship it directly to your door, but you best believe we will be shortly in a city or a state near you. It's a very special premium bsop co best on the market. Try it, you will not be disappointed. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Make sure you go follow my media company page on all of his platforms, Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four. That link is pinning the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please make sure you grab yours wild supplies. Last Facers beat the Knicks to take a three to one series lead. They head back to MSG advanced to the first NBA Finals since two thousand.
Speaker 1: The first player in.
Speaker 2: NBA history with a triple double and zero turnovers in the Conference finals. Tyrese Halliburton. We talked about o chod the other night. He needed to be more aggressive that he was. That was not aggressive what he had the other night. Tonight he had fifteen in the first court. He had twenty in the first half. I say, now, this is the Tyreese Halliburton that I wanted to see in Game three.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter. He showed up tonight thirty two.
Speaker 2: Points, fifteen assents, twelve rebounds, zero turnover. Pascal Siakam said, it ain't no fun if I can't have nothing bad. Hey, let me come to the party. Two thirty points, five rebounds, two assists. Are still in a block. He was eleven to twenty one from the floor, three or four from the three point line, five or six from the free throw line. Hey, Miles Turner, he had thirteen. But Matthburg played his best game in a long, long time in only twelve minutes. Five of eight from the floor, ten of eleven from the free throw line, twenty big points.
Speaker 1: Oh till we talked the other night.
Speaker 2: Also, Joe, you were on I said, oh till look, they only had four guys of double figures. They had five to night and see that team sixteen thirteen. But you got thirty two from Halliburton, you got thirty from Siakam, and you got twenty from Mathburn and that was enough to overcome the thirty one points that Jaylen Bronson had. Kat had another big game again, twenty four points, twelve rebounds, Og had twenty two miles, Michel Bridges at seventeen. Josh off the bench was twelve and eleven, but it was not enough. The Pacers basically lead from start to finish, and they just have that ability to, like when the game get close, to take off and make a double digit again. Yeah, Joe, what did you like about what the Pacers did tonight?
Speaker 1: Man Ocho?
Speaker 2: I just it seemed like the Pacers understood the assignment, especially.
Speaker 1: Halli Berd, Siakam, you know them.
Speaker 2: Them dudes came out, Nate Smith, they came out and set the tone early, you know what I mean, They got off to a pretty good start. I thought, can't getting in foul trouble early, you know, hurt the Knicks. But you get Mather and coming off the bench playing the way he's been playing, the way he played tonight.
Speaker 1: He hadn't played well this series. He had not, he has not. This was a great coming out party for him. He was aggressive.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm gonna tell y'all another thing I like about Mather and he kind of he a little borderline dirty. He a little boreder Oh yeah, hurt Hey, Hey, but I love it though, Ocho. You know what I mean, because for the Pacers, they got a lot of dolls over there. Man, he came off that bench and he gave him everything that they needed. I thought his energy effort, you know, carried over throughout the whole entire game and HALLI Bert was unbelievable. I mean the triple not just an average triple double, that's a big dog triple double. Yeah, you know what I mean, no turnovers, no turnover. That was a fifteen assists and no turnovers. And if you if he got fifteen assists, that means he's helping other guys get off, you get eat.
Speaker 1: You had plenty of help tonight.
Speaker 2: I thought he got off to a great start and he was he was very aggressive today in game four versus you know, last game game three. Yeah, I'm sure he heard you guys, you know what I mean. He came out with it on his mind, and ultimately he controlled the game from start to finish. He's like, hey, I got Pops back. They three pops, they poppled it up pop right here.
Speaker 1: He hey, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: He had to spend eight days in the county and so you know, they got him up out the county and so now you saw what he did. He was asked after the game whether having his dad back in the building helped them in game four? Hell yeah, Aeron Neith Smith. Remember the other night Nie Smith and Nim Hard they didn't play well. Both of those guys were in single digit. Now you get Aaron Neith Smith. He gave you sixteen big points. And when you combined, because they're basically they're killing the knicks off the bench, you got Matthron had twenty. That's twenty. Let's see eight ten, that's thirty. They got thirty six points off the bench tonight. When you combined the thirty six points off the bench, and you got a thirty two point performance from Tyreese Halliburton, you got a thirty point performance from Pascal Siaka.
Speaker 1: That's sixty two points.
Speaker 2: Right there, but from your big guns, and you got thirty six off the bench. So now if my starters give me anything, I got sixteen from Nate Smith, I got thirteen from a excuse me, Miles Turner. Now you really needed to have Jalen Brunson and Cats to have one of those forty three point thirty six point game to try to overcome what the Pacers do collectively. O Joe, the Knicks fault. I mean, they got it down, they cut it down and got it down in like five, but then again, the Pacers could just run away with it. What do you think happened with the Knicks this game? Because it seemed like they came out, tried to keep it close for as long as they could, but it just seemed like they don't have that gear that the that the Pacers have, and they don't have the gear, and they also don't have the consistency off the bench.
Speaker 3: Jalen Brustling has to be on point. Cat, you gotta stop with the dumb files. You know, I'm looking at Cat. You grab you're grabbing people's arm.
Speaker 1: You down there rastling in the paint instead of you're sitting there rastling the paint with your arm in the air.
Speaker 3: Just just reset your arm, man, just reset your arm. Unnecessary files being called. The first three quarters they did. Let's you know, let's talk about the first half, Nick did, but they could.
Speaker 1: To keep the game close.
Speaker 3: But toward that they ended towards the end of each quarter, they god damn they are not only are they Knicks losing the transition towards the end of each quarter. In the first half, they got damn pacers going and goddamn run, Joe, Yeah, going to run the end the goddamn quarter. The third quarter, same thing in the third quarter, the goddamn pacis they try to keep it close, the paces going and goddamn running in the goddamned quarter. And in the four they did what they needed to do, but that god damn Halliburton. Now, we just had a conversation last night, Joe. You know, we talked about superstars versus star and my dumb ass had the nerve to say he's not in the conversation with the superstars in the league based on tonight's performance, not knowing just one game, but he's been very consistent in it's in it's play throughout the whole season, not just what we saw from the night. But I think we need to have a conversation again about Halliburton being a superstar and not just a star. I called him just a star last night. And man, listen what he was able to do tonight. Man Siakam, that god damn nim Hard.
Speaker 1: You know he contributed as well.
Speaker 3: Stressed to goddamn, stressed to goddamn New York defense. Make it easy for everybody else offensively, for the Pacers to be able to shoot their shot.
Speaker 2: To the man, hey, we talked. We talked about Pascal Siakam. In game two, he had thirty nine big points and then he come up a little small in game three and he's like, no, Pascal, now I'm not asking you to go get thirty but I will take thirty one. But he played. He was aggressive. He was aggressive tonight, and that's what the Pacers need. They need their The first of all, your two best players need to carry you. It's really as simple as that. And then whatever we get from and whatever we get from the Nise Mills, whatever we get from the nim Hard, the matth Burns and the Miles Turner. But your two best players gotta do the heavy lifting. When the Lakers, it was Kobe and Shack doing a lot of the heavy lifting. Robert Dorry chipped in, Dark Fisher, Chip Ben Rick Fox, Chip be In. They had a lot of guys chipping in, but your two guns got the fire. When you talking about the heat, just a second, O Joe, we talked about the heat. It was d Wade and Lebron for the most part. And then we go get Chris Bosco chip in. Then we gonna get Mike Miller helping out. We'll get a you know what, a real give us one of them twenty point games. We need that right now. But your big guns need to fire more time than often and again in this ball game. That's what happened. Go ahead, O Joe, Yo.
Speaker 3: Joe, I got a question for you, and I got a question for you two and those in the chat that understand the game of basketball. How come Pascal Siakam and Halliburton could look the way they did tonight understanding that we both have to play well, we both have to be aggressive.
Speaker 1: That's the top two guns.
Speaker 3: And then we watched the goddamn Wolves last night and Julius Random and Anthony Edwards understanding they need to have games similar to what passed out and goddamn Halliburton had tonight. Why did much easier or it seems much easier for and Halliburton to do what they did tonight as opposed to Anthony Edwards and Julius Randall is are we saying?
Speaker 1: Is is the Knicks.
Speaker 3: That's saft or that no dear of an opponent as opposed to the goddamn thunder where it seems Anthony Edwards and goddamn Julius to do what they do, And.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know. Obviously, I know everybody gets paid to play the game.
Speaker 3: But when I think about Anthony Edwards, as great as he is, he should be able to do what Halliburton did tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I think Anthony l was in Julius run. Especially think it was because they corraling and trapping him so much, making him give up the ball.
Speaker 1: He gotta pick his spots a lot faster.
Speaker 2: Ocho, you know what I mean, Like once you get a crease, you got to go on the tack because yes, they sitting. The one thing they not gonna do, they not gonna let him play. So yep, he making the right play. He getting off the ball. He getting other guys involved, but uh uh, they doing what They're doing what they wanted as far as holding him to where he's not that effective offensively, the way he's not exploding. Okay, cool. If mcdane's gonna beat us, we're gonna let him beat us. If if these other these other guys gonna beat us, we're gonna let them.
Speaker 1: But we're not gonna let you play this series.
Speaker 2: But back to the Knicks and paces, I think the pace is just it was too It was too fast for the Knicks to start the game.
Speaker 1: They they can't keep up with that pace.
Speaker 2: Many they look good that first half, that first quarter, second quarter, but I knew at some point it would catch up to him. And to start the third quarter they come out here just careless mist that that the Pacers made him pay for it. They were on thirteen, oh, run that quick next thing, you know, not in an uphill climb. Well, they don't have that type of firepower to really fight back. I know, you know, the home team hasn't played great in this series. But I just felt like the Pacers understood many were they were. They were aggressive from the start and they knew what was his stake. They knew they couldn't go back to New York with no ties, with no tied up series, so they played like it tonight. Hey, look, we gotta get Nate Smith. A lot of credit to man. I know, we all deal with injuries throughout our career. And when you roll that ankle on the side of that ankle sit on their floor like that. Hey, man, that's tough to come. That's tough to it with, you know what I mean. I don't know if they shot him up, but I thought he got off to a great start oo to start the game. I thought his defense was great, big threes, his defense was great on Brunton, he made shots, and he was still active. He was still active on both ends. Man, the Pacers look good tonight, Guys.
Speaker 1: They look good.
Speaker 2: They look like a team who's prepared to, you know, kind of finish the series off. And I just I just loved everything about it night.
Speaker 1: Hey. I agree.
Speaker 3: Now you think about the length and and how good obviously I'm assuming, well, I'm not sure that the nick can come back and win this series. How how good and lengthy the defense is for the Thunder Do you still think they'll be able to have the game of basketball, the game of runs, the transition, the second chance points as they had against the Knicks against the Thunder being that I think they're better suited.
Speaker 2: The Thunder match up better because the Thundering defenders got so you got Door, you got Jaylen Williams, you got Wiggins, No, you They match up much.
Speaker 1: Better, so much better. So that answers my question. That that answer my question again.
Speaker 3: That's why Halliburton and god damn Pascal Siakam look the way they do against the Knicks because it's it's somewhat of a lopside and match it for them defense.
Speaker 2: Also, har's the thing the what OKC is doing. They're not allowing Anthony edwas to play one on one. If you want to play two on one, half at it. But you're not gonna play one on one. But but if you go back and look at look at what Shay is doing, then let him play one on one. They let him go with mcdanie's you got it, you're our best defender. You're taking one on one, bro, he's the MVP for a week reason. He had the most twenty thirty forty fifty point games this year.
Speaker 1: So you're allowing him.
Speaker 2: You're allowing their best player and the really great players all can play one on one. You better not let him play one on one, and you better not let him get a rhythm early, because if you can let him get a ryb of Maryland, I don't care what you do to him late, you can't bother. So they've already in a group. They've already in the rhythm. Now you see. They's like they don't look at Halliburton as a superstar. So they gonna let him play one on one. They're gonna try to track they they go to that drop and getting the ball. Times they tried to trap him sometime. But you see, you see how get that three. He let the three ball go. He had twelve three point on attempts. Now you got to push up on him. Now he has the ability to get you see how he got to the rim of right value. So you got to give up something. And because he had those assists, guys were knocking down shots. So they were a lot more reluctant. Because remember the other night, O Joe, they were five or twenty five from the three tonight they were thirteen or thirty two. So that's forty percent versus twenty percent. So you see the big difference in that because now not only is he aggressive looking for his shot when they bring it, he knows where they're coming from. Now he's kicking and guys getting wide open look threes. He did an unbelievable job tonight of running that offense. Guys did a great job of knocking down shots. This is what you go get a Passcal siakam for. This is what you and this is what you bench your role players. You're at home, you're expected to play well. Teammate TJ mcconnough, Hey, I know he's gonna give you three. He gonna give you six. He gonna play hard, he gonna make you the play that's presented to it. But past Gal Saiyakan thirty one points five rebounds three or four from the three point line. Only Reggie Miller and Paul George have more thirty point five rebound playoff games as a pacer.
Speaker 1: They really really really needed that tonight.
Speaker 2: They needed past Gal Siaka because you remember when they started making that run, it was him that came back and it hit that big three. Guys, remember that big three, and it pushed the lead right back to team. Yeah, yeah, I wonder, uh you know, I was when I'm watching, I'm like, I wonder why pacers started selling for all leads? Long three, you up almost, you're up seven? Why you keep shooting it? They Haliburton, they shot the three in a row. I'm like, man, get to the cup. Man, put the pressure on the board. And they in foul trouble and I know the player you talking about. They were up thirteen and Halliburton came down the court and shot a twenty nine footer. Then Manliburg, I'm been to break y'all back right now, right? Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, he trying to He trying to get him out of there. But you know, yeah, after he was playing good, he was feeling good, and he shot I thought, what was an unill advised shot in the corner.
Speaker 1: You know, because they had the lead, all they gotta do is take their time now.
Speaker 2: You know, keep putting pressure on these dudes because they all in foul show and they don't want to file.
Speaker 1: So just keep attaching.
Speaker 2: And you're already you're already in the penalty. You got them in the penalty, so there's really no need to shoot a three. Shoot the three get something going to the back. Now, I saw a lot of times they called them tiki tax stuff, and then up there sometimes they let them play football.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, damn, it's specially.
Speaker 3: Like the team, like the ref choose, they pick and choose based on the momentum and what the game is at the time.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't to let them play? Yeah? Yeah, but if you think about it, when you think about the game of football.
Speaker 3: Hell, the god damn restling called the goddamn flag on every every play, Yeah, every single play if you wanted to, if you wanted to be technical. So in basketball, you could tell exactly when the rest of letting them boys play, you know, on both ends of the court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, Hey, look to me, this like this is the best series by far, This is not even this is so competitive if.
Speaker 1: Uh, you don't know who's gonna win.
Speaker 2: Because the home teams hadn't been playing great and the Pacers came out tonight, like I said, with it on they mind knowing that. Man, ain't no way we can go back to New York with this series tied to too. Sobi Obie Topping hit a big three.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Obie Toping hit that three because it was laid out of a Halliburton found him. He backed, he stepped back behind the three point line, let it go, shot it with confidence and hit that three. I was like, okay, now now they they're very active on defense too, fellas, you know what I mean, Like they getting steals in the passing lane. They just wreckon habit, you know, throughout the whole game. Even when the Knicks come down and score, they still fast breaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, the Pacers still they beating them back down the court. I'm like, what do you think doing.
Speaker 2: See, it's such a frantic pace that the Knicks have a hard time keeping up, so they have to try to find a spot where they can rest. And you can't rest on offense because them let you ain't gonna let you, because they're looking to push the ball. Joe maker me. They'll take it out the net and push it, or they'll get it off the glass and push it.
Speaker 1: Yes, So one way or another, they're going to push the tempo.
Speaker 2: And that's what and when you're not used to playing because a lot of times, you know, got a they want to they get that ball, they get to the head as soon as they as soon as they possibly can because and you see what what you Collini is doing.
Speaker 1: He's trying to play more guys now he knows his.
Speaker 2: Guys's playing at that fanatic place, and it's not conducing for playing a lot of minutes. You look at it now, he normally plays seven guys. He played No, I'm not comming Princess Atchewa the two minutes he played mouth. He played nine guys tonight. You see the different you see now that pace is like and only og played forty minutes. Normally Michel Bridges playing forty three minutes, Jaylen Brunston's playing thirty nine to forty one minutes. You see the difference in the ball. He tim knows this pace and me grinding these guys nine guys and trying to play forty plus minutes is really not conducing. Because the pacers play, They're gonna play eight, nine, ten guys. That's who they are, That's what they've been all year. There's no reason for them to deviate from that. But I thought tonight they came out on the mission they did not want to go back to to the Martinson Square Garden because now we really really have an effing series and it says, you know, what now if the mindset you gotta have, I'm trying to end it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to end it in MSG. I don't want to come back.
Speaker 2: I know everybody, well, they want to do it in front of the damn my home crowd. Celebrate, go go to the arena. I don't know what the arena's called.
Speaker 1: Go there.
Speaker 2: We put it up on the big jumbo tron and y'all can watch it and celebrate. No, I'm trying to I'm trying to end this. Pay what to the Thursday? I think they play Thursday, So I'm trying to end it Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know who the pace of Strength and additioning coach is, but he need an extra, he need ax, You need a bump, and pay a need to bump his pay because they basically a four by one team.
Speaker 1: You know the starters going there, they're the first leg. Then the bench. Know the bench come in, they the second leg.
Speaker 2: All up, build a light Steve Yakham, Halliburton, they all built alike. They Miles Turner, They long and angular. They got no big they ain't got no heavy set guys. No, no, no big body guys. Yeah, and so you know that I don't I don't know who the GM is, but he does a great job. Guys that need to fit. We need guys that can and and the thing is is that you look at look at say how come he can defend Nie Smith. He's there to defend Miles Turner can protect the paint h Nim Hark and defend Matt Burn.
Speaker 1: He could defend.
Speaker 2: So they got guys, and they got a high flyered over topping coming out the bench.
Speaker 1: TJ. McConnell is a pest.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's gonna give you everything that he gots.
Speaker 2: And like I said, they really needed this because Matt Burn has not been playing. Remember he got kicked out of the game in Cleveland with the low blow. I think who was that on? Oh it was on the guy you got they got from Atlanta, Oh yeah Hunter.
Speaker 1: And so he got kicked out of the game. So he really hadn't had a rhythm.
Speaker 2: But he had eleven three throw attempts off the bitch that unless you know he he's extremely and he only played twelve minutes. That tells me he's extremely aggressive. He's looking to get to the cup. He's like, man, my shot ain't falling. Let me get something easy. Hey, look like somebody was in his end and told him, Hey, look man, we need you to come out here, put your head down, go to work. And like I said, hey, o Joe, he hey not borderline boy, he dirty? He but hey, he could play on my team any day, hear me.
Speaker 3: Like when you said, when you say dirty, you mean dirty, like like Drake, like Drayvon.
Speaker 2: He ain't tried to hurt nobody, but he's trying to help nobody up. And he gonna, Hey, he gonna slam into the floor and then help you at the same time. You all right, Hey, he wanted there, he wanted there. Ain't them the worst dudes to play against, because boy, they know going out there, hear me, Yeah, yeah, don't.
Speaker 1: He doesn't back down. He does not back down.
Speaker 2: He doesn't matter who the superstar is, who the player he's going against. Hes like he feels he belongs on the court, and he's gonna play accordingly. So it doesn't matter if it's Lebron, if it's Kevin the Red or whomever he has to guard. It does not matter to him. He doesn't let your reputation dictate how he plays the game. And that's what you could appreciate about this young man, but I thought you they set the temple early. Rick Carliles done a great job. You see the guys thirty. Halliburton played thirty eight minutes and he played the most minute. But you got eighteen minutes from Topping Bradley. Tony Bradley gave you ten minutes. McConnell gave you nineteen, Matt bren gave you twelve. Even Shepard gave you fourteen minutes tonight. Yeah, I think, Hey, if matthurm plays like this off the bench, I don't know if he's gonna have twenty or now he was only five for eight. I know he shot eleven free throws, they gonna be a tough team to beat. Okay oho, you know if he comes out and he compeace like this from ye rest of the series, man, the Skuy's limit for the Pacers. Now, you hope you're big guys, you know, continue to give you great production like they did. I don't know if they gonna average thirty, but they can be somewhere close to it.
Speaker 1: They got so many guys who can beat you.
Speaker 2: It's just tough to play against his Pacers team because they're so gritty defensively and offensively.
Speaker 1: They moved the ball and play the right way.
Speaker 2: And it's hard to kill on one guy because you really don't know who's gonna beat you. You don't know, you don't know, you never know because it's so many. I mean, like tonight, yeah, okay, you get thirty two, You get thirty two from Halliburton, you got thirty from Siakam.
Speaker 1: But normally it's a guy into.
Speaker 2: Like twenty three to twenty five and you got nineteen seventeen, eighteen, sixteen, thirteen, twelve. You normally have six guys in double figure how guy might have twenty three, low guy might have twelve, But you got six guys in double figures. And so when you don't know, well who they gonna get a ball to the open guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So who do we key on?
Speaker 2: You better pay attention to everybody because everybody is a lot.
Speaker 1: And see it's great players.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you know look, you and I we were pretty much always the number one receiver, the number two receivers. But when you know that quarterback, you know what, man, I know oo the guy, but you know they double ocho, they gonna come to me.
Speaker 1: It's something, it's something in you.
Speaker 2: That tells you, like, man, I got a real chance to get this ball. The pacers, every last one of the pacers, if you're on the court, they really believe they can get the ball. You know why though, You know why because that point guard, he's a past first point guard.
Speaker 1: He always is ocho.
Speaker 2: When you watch when you watch Hallan Burke play Oo Washington, when he get the rebound and he get the ball, the first thing goes up in his eye, yep, looking up the court because he's trying to see who's open. He gonna kick it ahead. He gonna make the right play every time. And then if it's not there, he gonna come down, run his pick and roll or whatever you give him, he gonna take it. He shots from deep threes tonight two three feed, Oh yeah, the three feet.
Speaker 1: Behind the line.
Speaker 2: Hold on. But when they go in, you're like, okay, yeah yeah, and that I mean, you look at it this like I said, he got that Kevin Martin Shott. It's not it's not aesthetically pleasing. It's not a Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: It's not. Damn.
Speaker 2: It's not all that rule. But he shooting so damn high. I'm make sometimes the camera, lose sight of the ball. I'm like with damn every time he shoot arking Ocho. Just watch his follow through when we stay followed through, Lee your elbow, buff your eyebrow. I don't care what it looked like. How he get it up there, his father, it was all. It's the same every time, every time, every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, hey, hey, you know it's surprising to about halla Burton and we hear about what the player said, the so called players you know, call them, you know, kind of overrated. And then and you watch what he's been able to do on his team from an individual standpoint, and you look at the game he had tonight to be able to be as aggressive as he was for four quarters, to be efficient, to be able to facilitate, to get his teammates involved, also be able to score as well. Then the motherfucker had the nerve not to turn the damn ball over like he got damn video game. Yep, this ain't two K. This is actually real. This is real basketball against other elite players that get paid as well. And you damn that had not a perfect game, but shit, you damn they're perfect as the video game.
Speaker 1: But he's not a turnover guy.
Speaker 2: If you go back, he's had a lot of fifteen assists, no turnovers. He has a lot of double digital sists and no turnovers, more low turnovers. He's not a he's not a heaviest heavy turnover guy. You know, sometimes guys might have ten assists and have six turnovers.
Speaker 1: That's not him.
Speaker 2: He's more have to have ten eleven assists, one to two turnovers.
Speaker 1: If he gets three, you're like, well, damn had it? What's going on? But go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 2: I I think the most impressive thing Ojo is that, yeah, he didn't have no turnovers. But to do that against the Knicks, who have long, rangy guys defensive they Yes, you know that's impressive to go to play almost forty minutes with zero assists and have them to have a big stat lie zero turnovers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's impressive.
Speaker 2: But yes, I think Hallibert, even when he's not scoring the ball as well, he's still taking care of the rock and making sure, yes, facilitating for other guys. And tonight he just kind of got it going. He had everything working going to the Cup. He shot a couple of mid range joncles, he shot them deep threes. Yeah, Oto you can't double team nobody like that because he got too many guys around him. And like I say, he's willing passers. So that's what he wanted. If you double team, he gonna make the right play every time. Yeah, you know he's tall enough to see over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, don't don't, ok, Joe, I don't mean to junk the gun like this, right, But.
Speaker 3: As good as they are in transition, you know, especially offensively up and down the court, and as good as the thundercar offensively as well, the long, lengthy, especially defensively, it can be a struggle.
Speaker 1: Like it's a struggle for Anthony and Julius. How do you see the matchup?
Speaker 3: And I hate to jump the gun and jumping ahead when that series is not over, But how do you see the series playing out against the Thunder and the Pacers?
Speaker 1: Hey love, go ahead, it's so, I mean, they love the Thunder.
Speaker 2: Got six guys that are really, really really good on the wing. You got lou Dort, you got Jylen Williams, you got Wallace, you got Wiggins, you got Caruso, you got Isaiah Joe. You got six guys that can defend, that can slide one through three. So we've seen them what they We've seen what they've done to ant Man, We've seen what they've done to Ju Ramdle. We saw them basically play a boxing one and say, Caruso, you got yo kids, this team, they're more alike than not. Now, Pacers don't have a shade. That's the difference, Shaye. You let him play one on one. They don't have a defender that can deal with it if you let him play one on one. And that's where and that's where the timberwol are messing up because they believe McDaniels can deal with him and he cannot. When a guy is in an MVP season and he's playing like he's playing because guess what, he's always gonna still aggressive.
Speaker 1: At this point in time, he's chunk this efficiency out the window. Yeah yeah, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm serious on Joe, He's like, the hell with this efficiency? Yeah, you can do shot thirty. He got forty points, He had forty points, but he took him thirty shots.
Speaker 1: He said, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can't, he said when we talked about it last night, Oh, Joe, is gonna happen when you're aggressive. You're gonna make it, you're gonna miss it, or you're gonna get fouled.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look how many times he went to the free throw line. So it would be a great matchup if if it were to happen. I think it's over for the Wolves. I think that their series ends tomorrow. They're not going back to mil They're going back to Minnesota, but the Thunder will not be a up them. They're going back, but the Thunder's not coming with them. The Thunder's not going back to Minnesota until maybe October, November, December of next year or this year. That's the next time you'll see the Thunder. I don't know if anybody lives. I don't know if any Thunder player is from the Minneapolis or Minnesota area. But they're not coming back. This series is gonna end. PACER's got to be on their best behavior because the Knicks is gonna gonna empty the tank on you. They're gonna give you everything they got because a one game at a time. Hey, let's win this game and see what happens in game six. All I'm thinking about is game five.
Speaker 1: Hold on, wait a minute, now, it sounds like you have hope.
Speaker 3: Now, I know I picked the Knicks win the series, but the way things are looking and I'm kind of jumping saying this series is over, but it sounds like you think the Knicks have a chance to come back.
Speaker 2: Oh they got to said, Look, all the games have been close, O Joe. It's not like you know, it's not like the series on the other side. What it's a forty point win. It's a thirty point where we would have had one game that we that we were that we were watching in the fourth quarter. We've had one game in which we were watching in the fourth quarter, and that was that was last night. Other than that, or Joe, that game was over in the first half. Hey, look all the game and the game was over midway through the third quarter. So there haven't been any suspense, any drama any man. I don't know, man, this game would go eat No. That was last night and that was like the last couple of minutes of the ball game. Yeah, because basically they kept him at bay. The thunder kept them at bay for the entirety of the game. What you're thinking on, Joe about the excuse me, Joe, what you're thinking about the defense for the Thunder versus this, if this were to beat the matchup Indiana and Okay, see man, I'm I'm I'm probably gonna I'm leaning more toward the Thunder because they got a lot of guys that you know, that offensively that can explode as well. But they'll more polished, I think than uh than the Pacers. Uh they Yeah, he gonna he may have threw his officiency out the window. See the one thing about him, He probably donna shoot the three ball well, Ojo, but he gonna get to the MIDI man, he gonna shoot his media all night long. You feel me be able to stop that unless you're gonna double Teami. But you ain't gonna double team because he got too many guys who can score the ball as well.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of hard. Uh the Pacers.
Speaker 2: Who you put on him, because you gotta realize Shay sixty seven. So if you put the smith on him, he's gonna be able to shoot over the top of him. You put them hard on him, he's gonna be able to shoot it over the top of him. You're probably you probably gonna Startika. You start Siakam Miles Turner Uhiaka probably will take check. Yeah, and Miles Turner will take Hartenstein. Yeah, and then Smith. You're gonna probably the Smith on him, but I'm probably I think the.
Speaker 1: Check homeber.
Speaker 2: And that's gonna be a tough matchup for Hungry because Hcom, you.
Speaker 1: Know, he's more of a perimeter player.
Speaker 2: He's kind of slippery, you know when he plays, and I feel like that's gonna give Hungry, you know, a few problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus Siakam he's not used to playing the guy that can put the ball on the floor, like can Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Not only can't he shoot the ball, but he can put the ball on the floor. And you know, Hungerd is more out he wants to protect the paint. Yeah, and so he's gonna be playing a guy that's really not trying to play with a guy's seven foot tall. He's not trying to play with his back to the basket. He's trying to get you out of a perimeter. He's trying to drag you to the deep. Yeah, drown you out there. So it's it's a very interesting matchup. But let these two guys, let these two teams finish it off, and then then we can have this conversation, Kendrick Perkins doesn't think Anthony Edwards can be the face of the NBA. Perk said, you got to check the boxes when you're the face of the league. You know, we gotta have a signature shoe, You got to do big commercials. You gotta have high lights, you got to have a game. But you know what you got to have gotta be a roll bottle and things outside the lines. Now, if you go down the list and check all the faces, you know you look at Bird Magic. I could have swear I don't got it. Said that last year and everybody looked at me. Oh Joe, they killed me when they say hill. I said this very same thing on ESPN and people I said, go back and look at the end. I said, how many faces of the NBA weren't married? But anyway, let me finish on. You gonna look at Larr Bird, Maggie Johnson, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq Lebron's steath. What did they all have in common? They were family men. They were all mad with kids. But see when I said it, because I'm a football player, what do you know, I just followed the game. I've been following the game a lot longer, playing a lot closer attention. And when you go back and study the guys that's been the face of the league, what do they have in common? Why is it so easy for quarterbacks? Look at the quarterbacks? Oh, Joe, go back and study the quarterbacks have been face of the league. What are they all having? I told you, I told you if I can study the NBA player, Joe, what do they have in common?
Speaker 1: But see when I said it and chat y'all know I said it.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Steve when ain't looked at me, Molly wanted to just like, I'm like, oh my god, I'm like, bro' all I'm saying is just go study it, Go look at the guys that's been in the face of the league.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying, what what what you think it is? It's it's a Joe honestly, you know what I think it is. I think it's an unwritten rule.
Speaker 1: Joe. You you married, right, Joe? I ain't married. Listen, but still you you he married? He just ain't got the paperwork.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, Hello, But if you look, if you look at that, things are going in your life, Joe, you understand God is blessing you.
Speaker 1: You know, for for some.
Speaker 3: Reason, things are always going right when you have stability, when you have a foundation, the bill on right. Hey, when you talk about the football players, it ain't no goddamn coincidence. All the ones that are carry or engage you notice how life is going. I'm not talking about off the field. How about off the field? Everybody just named that's married with Kenny Perkins said, and he said, hey, let me put my guy there and ring on.
Speaker 2: Shoot, but anyway, ojo, before you go in the father, Yeah, who what quarterback just got engaged last year about to get married? He up in Buffalo? Oh, josh'll shouting? And what Patrick Mahome? What did Patrick Mahomes Doojo?
Speaker 3: Man, it's not a coincidence on but not only are they good at not only are they good at their craft.
Speaker 1: But what did Tom Brady gonna do? Ojo? What did Peyton Manny do? Ojo? Ya? M way, Marino go back and study it.
Speaker 2: The only guy, the only guy that you can definitively say, And I don't know if he was ever to face the lead with your name of at the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: Hey, but Joe is a player Joe's a player.
Speaker 2: Rogerstback Rogers Tharback says, hey, I just ad, I'm just like, but I just like what I got one woman? He listen, So, okay, I could see eliminating the distractions, you know, things of that sort.
Speaker 1: But what is it? What is it? Joe?
Speaker 2: You're not gonna be able to get that because the people look at what the tiger.
Speaker 1: Look at what did tiger do? He went and got.
Speaker 2: Married, didn't he? Yeah, what did tiger do? He went and got married. And when everything came because he sold family. He sold security. That's what he sold. And when it didn't happen, everybody was up in arms. It wasn't that he but it's what you sold us. You sold us. It's called stability. That's what you're feeling.
Speaker 1: That's stability. We listen that a guy that got a wife and got kids.
Speaker 2: Now see you might say, well, hey, I know I saw him X, Y, and Z, but the general public might not ever see him.
Speaker 1: They see every time he does an interview.
Speaker 2: He got his daughter, Steph Curry, where Steph Curry was started going to the playoffs, and they going to the NBA. Tell them who's sitting on who's sitting on that desk. Pretty who's right there beside it? Do it in minty, y'all remember that? And his wife in the tunnel, give him a kiss? You see that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: O Joe, I don't it ain't too late for for for a Oh no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying he's he's at the tender age of twenty three, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Oh he he at the ten days. He still got some time. Yes, I keep forgetting add only twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yes, and look he didn't he done took his his lungs and bruises throughout you know, the NBA.
Speaker 1: Seasons, the postseasons. He's been through.
Speaker 2: He's been through floors, you know, Yes, tim of Comey, they've played great basketball. But yeah, they still got a little growing to do. Who they're talking about? Hold on, oh Joe, who they talk about being the face? Tell the people at home, oh Joe, sga. Tell him what his status is? If he checking the single box, for he's checking the married box, Tell him what he checking, O.
Speaker 1: Joe, you're married? Yeah? Absolutely, yes, absolutely, I ain't know that. I ain't know that. What about Nicola Yokich? Is he bad? You? You married too? What about Luca? Is he bad? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm going I'm will listen. I'm going to give me some sstabllity.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you're ready to jump that broom? Maji? Oh why ain't playing boy? January? What? Jay?
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, I'm getting on my on my birthday? When your birthday January ninth, nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 2: That same that same birthday, my son bro for real, I saw at eighteen, just graduated high school this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, January, that's my dog, my dog.
Speaker 1: I have my birthday dog. I say, what's happening?
Speaker 2: I'm tellinghim, But I got to watch you out, though, boy, y'all sneaky boy?
Speaker 1: Whoa wait yeah, whoa whoa whoa me? You with you? A capar Yeah? But Capricorn? I hope I listen.
Speaker 3: Signs don't don't really identify everybody that born in that month.
Speaker 1: That really that's I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying all of it pertains to you, but y'all got a lot of similarities.
Speaker 3: And there we go, there we go, there we go. No, No, because I listen, I I don't. I'm not into signs. I don't know much about signs, you know. I hear from time to time and you meet people, but I get along with everybody. Everybody loves me, regardless of what signed they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. I'm I'm nothing like what they say. Capt pms are like, I'm a good dude, and.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking for I'm gonna saying you're a bad dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think dude, Yeah, yeah, I'm a good Now, I'm a good dude. I'm good dude. Watch you. Yeah, I'm like, but I.
Speaker 2: Know a guy said this, and I listed all the guys, A lot of the guys that per name.
Speaker 1: I listed those guys.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what happens when you let a football guy talk about basketball. Now there's a basketball guy. See they all looking Obviously it touched the nerve. I'll just go back and look at the face of the NBA and tell me and tell me what they were.
Speaker 1: Take football aside.
Speaker 2: Tell me what the guy any, Tell me the guy that's been the face of the NBA that did not.
Speaker 1: A show display stability. Tell me the guy.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, I'm with you when you rite yeah, Hey, do you think you think Anthony Edwards could be the first one to change that.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: Hey, there's family value, there's morals than some people just don't cut it. I mean, it's it's different, it's different. Yeah, yeah, there is. But they say the problem is a lot of people. They said, hey, they're trying to destroy the new clear the family nuclear No.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, everyone operates at a different frequency, everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can operate that. You just can't be the face of the NBA. You can operate that. Okay, Yeah, you're right, You're right, right, And that's what And I think that's a large part of why he doesn't Because he doesn't. I don't want to do that. I still want to go of my little dives holding the wall. Y'all don't see me. I got my shades on, I've took them to cut.
Speaker 1: I don't want all that.
Speaker 2: I don't want all of that that comes along with being because now you got people, now you got people really out there trying to in your in your business, trying to lift the covers up so they can show the world what you really do it and then let the cover fall back down on you.
Speaker 3: And him only and and only, being twenty three, you have to move You're twenty three.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 3: You got to move completely different, compete different once you cross that line open the marriage and the having stability, and you have to at that age, with that kind of money, you're going.
Speaker 1: To know and most of and most of the guys we can't even in Atlanta too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the and the thing to a lot of these guys. Lebron knew Savannah since they were fourteen. Steph knew Aisha when they were teenagers. Magic new Cookie. Steph meant, excuse me not, Stephan. Kobe met Vanessa his first the second year in the NBA. He's nineteen, eighteen nineteen. She's a senior in high school or junior high school. Man ant Man is twenty three. You gotta realize Kobe's nineteen at man is twenty three. He meets somebody, it's like, okay, this is it for me? Hey, I met mine?
Speaker 1: Got it? Yeah? How up? Magic with Dayton Cookie in college. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's a different time now if and it's hard, it's getting harder and harder today.
Speaker 1: In need to date because it's because you don't know. Yeah you don't.
Speaker 2: But I for me looking at it from a distance and studying the NBA like I have and looking at faces of the NBA. Go back and look at the guys that was the face of the NBA, and look at this their home situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, ay, Joe, I want you to watch, uh right, you see. I want you to pay attention to people in the chail. I want you to pay attention to the difference in our cups. All our cups are running over right now. Everything is going good, everything is going smooth. Now I want you to I want you to see how life changes for your boy in twenty twenty six when it.
Speaker 1: Crossed that room, hear me, Yeah, yeah, yea. I want you.
Speaker 3: I want you to see how life changes for me. Now, what I want you to do is I want you to pay attention.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Remember I told you this. I'm told hey, it's May. It's May twenty seven, yes, twenty five. When I jump that room after my birthday. I want you to see how life changes exponentially. And I want you to follow suit right behind me to my all Yeah, yeah, god, dad, he gonna gonna You're gonna drop the matter of fact, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Jump he Hey, Ojo, it's time for him to put it up. You got to put it up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because listen, we need to listen. We need to be were gonna we gonna be on the right track, right, Okay, Yeah, we're gonna be on the right track. So I'm gonna go ahead and take the lead. I'm gonna start it off.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be like Basball, You're gonna be yeah, shit, you got time to play way.
Speaker 2: Charles Barkley also chimed in on the face of the league. Hey, ESPN, I love you guys. Don't try to make a man, he said Anthony edwas, but don't like, don't don't try to make Anthony Edwards the face of the NBA.
Speaker 1: There's the face of the NBA. It's Shay Gilgers, It's Nicola Jokic. It's honest. You can't give it to people. They have to take it. And SGA is taking it right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is man, But that means and look, once somebody tells you so, I mean and man told him that that's not what I want. Yeah, And it's like the more the more he says he doesn't want it, the more people try to bestore the puny.
Speaker 3: But you know why, you know why, it has nothing to do with you know, forget I'm not. Obviously, people are gonna say, oh, look how he's playing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Listen, he has this as good.
Speaker 2: As he personality, he has careers, but he has charm, he has everything that you have.
Speaker 3: Yes, as good as year he is, he still doesn't have that it factor that Ann has. He just doesn't as great as he is Joe, He's I just think it's hard for for.
Speaker 1: A foreign born player to be the face of the NBA. I just do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You think you think you know where? You think that has anything to do with it? You think, no, a little bit smidge be the.
Speaker 1: Same thing you think.
Speaker 2: Do you think uh an American born player can be the face of football European football soccer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's impossible.
Speaker 3: You would have to be a see' that's that would that would would that would be damn near impossible. And I mean, no disrespect impossible.
Speaker 2: Let's getting my man, get get a man, a little time man. Yeah, you're still at attender age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty three, ain't. No.
Speaker 2: It takes a special type of something because both because you got to go back and you go back and think like Magic was twenty Yeah when he came into the league.
Speaker 1: You want to he won the championship Bird all those other guys.
Speaker 2: But normally, you know, guys were guys with twenty two twenty three where they was getting to the league.
Speaker 1: O Joe. Yeah, And so now guys are one and done. You have eighteen.
Speaker 2: I ain't no eighteen year old about to get married nineteen year old. Hey, look, because you live in the American dream. This is something that you've dreamed about since she was a kid. Now that you get to this point, especially at a young young age nineteen twenty, man, you ain't trying to be tied down.
Speaker 1: You're trying to go out down.
Speaker 3: You got you gotta be mentally you have to be mentally prepared. You got to be messed ready for that.
Speaker 2: Because oh, I think you gotta come from like you gotta have parents that were married. You have to have been been so I think I think if you was raised in the household and your parents have been married, I think it's a lot easier because look, okay, oh Joe, all my partners I grew up with, yeah, man, listen, they all married, but they are all the parents.
Speaker 1: They've all been married since we were kids.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm the only one grew up in a single parent household, right, you know what I'm saying. But my closest homeboys, my closest homeboys, they married.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, it also come down actually finding someone actually you can marry.
Speaker 1: Though there's a difference.
Speaker 3: It's not We ain't talk about jes aesthetics, you know, I'm talking about someone of substance outside of just looks. So actually finding someone to marry is is that's the difficult. That's also difficult.
Speaker 1: I hear. I come from mind.
Speaker 3: I come from a where a one parent you know, household. I didn't do things the traditional way, but I do actually value marriage and want that. I want that stability, especially at my at old age, after being out streets a young you know, Joe, after being out in the streets for so long and understanding what's out there that I'm saying, there's nothing wrong with that, but it's an investment when you get no return. I don't care how much you're spending, and I don't care who you spent it on. It looks good, it is esthetically pleasing. It's good to be able to be someone sponsored for a while, but it gets you nothing in return.
Speaker 2: Well, you gotta understand, you gotta understand the things that you've experienced and been through, you know you, I mean you were our forties now, so you know, I thought process a lot different versus forties. I'm here the war sixty to keep talking about. Imagine when you was twenty twenty one, twenty two. Boy, Look, they probably couldn't tell you.
Speaker 3: Nothing at all, no disrespect at all at all, because it's nothing.
Speaker 1: I didn't view it that weight.
Speaker 3: So to eat and tie myself down or even think about having the discipline to do it at that age, it would be Joe, It'd be impossible, Joe, it'd be but hell. To this point, even even even to they, it's still been almost a struggle. Yeah, but my discipline has gotten much It's gotten much much better now that I know what the f I want right, right, Different people you experienced people differently, and different people that you meet bring different sides of you out, and when you meet the right person, you're like, well, god, damn, this is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, I ain't got to go through this no more.
Speaker 3: Well ship, if this is how it'schooled to be, well, well, it's easy for me to stop doing this because this is what I have here.
Speaker 1: So it's it's hard to get people to understand like.
Speaker 3: Well, damn, I actually can do this shit because I got the I mean, i'm speaking.
Speaker 1: I'm not speaking for me in Jennal, I'm just speaking in general.
Speaker 3: If you have the discipline to be great at one at a sport you pore into it, then you can also have the discipline to be great in other areas in life too, in all aspects of life, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean? Yeah, I agree, it's been. It's been in a good, a good, easy journey. It's been some upstairs and some downs.
Speaker 3: You know, I had things that I thought were good that didn't work.
Speaker 1: But it's it's still still cordial.
Speaker 3: You know, steal my dog and you know, just you're going to go onto something new and you try to try to flower that. You try to flower that and and and hope it blooms the way it should, right, I get you.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, don't we all off topic? My bad? What y'all talking about? I mean, we're talking about the married thing? Oh jo oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, look, every my my grandmother and grandfather was married.
Speaker 1: Every last one of my uncles were married.
Speaker 2: All of my aunts was married except one.
Speaker 1: Brother's married. My sister and I are not.
Speaker 2: My mom was obviously to my dad, and then they got a divorce and she got remarried. I'm trying to think Burns is married, Bucket is married, said something.
Speaker 1: Huh. Hey.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it. Look, listen everything you just said right now right see the knockers at the door.
Speaker 1: All you got to do is answer. All you gotta do is answer now. I'm gonna go ahead, and I'm gonna take that leap of faith for you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start. Yeah, I'm gonna let you have it. Then, okay, but you know I'm gonna play close attention to you. I'm gonna study you. I'm gonna study. I will study you. I'm gonna be I'm gonna be. Let me be in a printice right right, right right.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I got you, I said, matter of fact. I tell you what I tell you.
Speaker 3: I do one better Joe, I do one better for him right chat, when you decide to follow in my footsteps, in the steps of God and finding stability in a good foundation to continue the build on what you already have going on, which is phenomenal. By the way, I told you, the house is not a home until one gonna get a touch on it told you that I don't care what you gotta go. I know things are great, but I'm gonna pay you a fifty nine hundred we decided to jump that broom.
Speaker 1: Oh whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: Will you not finna put that stipulation? Don't be telling me you don't pay me my money and I get married? Oh man, Hey, that's cold. That's some cold work there. I'm gonna pay you your money what you decide once you decide to take that step.
Speaker 4: Boys, Hey, I under playing, just playing, under playing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna get it to you. But what what hey?
Speaker 1: What the day is? Today? Twenty seven forty seven is Tuesday? Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: My month is my month of June. I ain't really got nothing to do. I ain't really got no I took care of my overhead.
Speaker 1: Uh you know, I paid man.
Speaker 3: June and got it out the way, so I don't really need nothing, so I got extra left over.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that that to you. Some discourse has started this week about how this Thunder team could be even scarier no matter what's happening in this playoffs Thunder will be adding Serbian star Nakola You'll Pitch to its rotation next season. You'll Pitch was the number twelve pick in the twenty twenty four NBA Draft. It picked that OKC got from Houston in the twenty nineteen Westbrook trade. But Yo Picch had a torn acl and would miss his entire rookie season, and that scared the way most teams except okay see. Before the injury, the sixth se You'll Pitch would viewed as a top five prospect as a playmaking point guard. CBS sports Mark Draft had him as high as number two at one point. Next season, he'll finally make his NBA debut. Man, okay see, got a lot over there, Okay Olcher. I don't know how they're gonna keep all them guys together.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: They got it because you know, hey that now, because you know what, Chakab can sign four two ninety four or you can wait five for three eighty. Jayalen Williams is gonna want to get paid. Chet's gonna want to get paid. I mean, I like this guy because now you got somebody that's gonna handle the ball with when Shade's on the bench. If he's what what they say to us, well, you know see, but uh it's gonna be It gets hard, man, It gets hard on Joe because when you start winning, people come and start raiding your henhouse. They want they want, they want your chicken that's been laying these golden eggs. And that's and that's what happens. If you see it in football all the time, you see what happens. Uh, eventually Philly's not gonna be able to keep all these guys, those great defensive players. Now you play Jais, you play Jalen Carter. What you're gonna do with Jordan Davis? Hey, what you're gonna do. What you're gonna do with Cooper de John? What you're gonna do with brother Mitchell. What're you gonna do with theo? Yeah, okay, when you winning, everybody, everybody eats, So you have to go into the luxury tax.
Speaker 1: Got to take care of these guys.
Speaker 2: Just like if Boston would have won this year, man, they wouldn't have been they wouldn't have cared about paying those dudes. Uh, they gonna break that thing up, Joe, now, y'all, yeah, now they y'all, But just but I think even if they had one, I think they break it up because you got to you got to think about it. You got for two guys making over three hundred million, you got think about it. You got Derrick White, and you got Holiday making well over one hundred million. You got Al Horford probably making thirty five to thirty eight million, and you got Prezingers. I think I think if they if they had a chance to win it this year, I think they willing to go into the luxury tax and pay that. It's just like, okay, see, if they win it this year, they gonna have to go into the luxury tax and they got to pay them dudes.
Speaker 1: But I heard the thing, and see because I'm looking at the Lakers. The Lakers had the same situation they wanted in twenty twenty and broke the whole thing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know what that was about. I don't, right, y'all. I don't know what that was about. They had they had a great team. I know it was in the bubble, but they had a great team. And if them do, I think you got to break it back just to see if you can repeat. I agree, So I think I think it makes you wonder like, was it something more to it than just basketball?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? No, we'll never know.
Speaker 2: Uh. Carmelo Anthony and PG Paul George aren't convinced that Jannis will ask to be traded from Milwaukee, despite the rumor surrounding his uncertain future with the organization. Giannis is that old cut era, that that old era cut? I think you want to stay at Milwaukee's whole career. That's what PG said. He ain't going nowhere. Janni's built Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, not that that that mattered, That matters, Not that matters.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 3: I understand PG and Carmelo obviously very respectable, good for good friends of mine. But honest, he's not going back because he's gonna be the same thing every year.
Speaker 1: The man wants to win, the man wants to contend for another title again. No, he didn't want to. He didn't want to lift the heavy old every single night. Every He's for the way now than what he was when he won his title.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's why I don't see him going back. That's the problem that you're up against, is that. Guess what you see all the got What if Shae gets one this year? Tatum already got one. I mean, you're not worried about Steph and Lebron and Katie because they've already done the the you know, next couple of years they're gonna be on their way out.
Speaker 1: But what about.
Speaker 2: Okay, see, he ain't going nowhere at least for the next year or two. How do if we talked about this last night, Joe, let's just say they break it back. Dame's not playing next year. So even if he goes back to Milwaukee, they're not better than the Knicks. They're not better than the Cavaliers. They're not better than the Pacers. And I'm not so sure is that they can beat Boston with the roster that they have with just Giannis. So now, at best case scenario, oh if Orlando, if Ben Carro and from Bagner stay healthy, they're not better than them.
Speaker 1: So if best case scenario, you feel to six, Hey, look, I think.
Speaker 2: I think Giannis will always say the right things, yes, because he don't.
Speaker 1: Look, he don't want that blowback.
Speaker 2: Everybody go say the right thing, Joe's since they saw what happened to Lebron.
Speaker 1: Everybody goes all, y'all want to be here?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, because at least Lebron played his contract out. See, Lebron is one of those guys. He never asked to be traded. We play his contract out and people hold him to the same standard the guys that be asking for trades. Lebron is never asked to be traded. Play the contract out. His ton contract was up in Cleveland, he went to Miami. Contract was up in Miami. He went back to Cleveland. Contract was up in Cleveland, he went to LA. So you got to think about it. Lebron is damn there as much time in LA. Has these his last stint in Cleveland, and well with the Miami right, Yeah, Hey, love, I.
Speaker 1: Can see young. I don't know how he gonna do it, but I just see Yanni's moving this summer. Okay, hold Joe.
Speaker 2: I can't see him coming going back to Milwaukee trying to do all the heavy lifting by itself. It's gonna be tough. It's gonna be challenging because they can't bring nobody in help him. I know, outside of what they already have. They can't bring nobody else in now and then Saya bet players injured, But can you imagine if Yannest gets traded to a team to all, I say, the Mavericks or the Rockets, or you know, whatever the case may be. The word go to state gonna try to make a run for man. Can you imagine like he gonna have to still do some heavy lifting, but it ain't gonna be nothing like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ain't gonna have a whole lot of heavy lifted if he got step on this team. I asked you, I asked you that last night.
Speaker 3: You know where where is the scenarios where he could go, where the situation would be different than what it is with Milwaukee Right now.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta break First of all, Steph is healthy. Dame is not. They play different types of game. Steph is perpetual motion.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get a lot of wide open looks because you gotta you, you gotta build a wall to.
Speaker 1: Keep Yanni's out the paint.
Speaker 2: And then when yann is kicked because you saw the average six and sist he's getting better as a passer. So the thing is, he's just gonna have to get a lot of teams because teams going straight up, they're only a handful of teams that could Okay, see Brooklyn, Houston Rockets.
Speaker 1: They're really the only team to have the draft capitol.
Speaker 2: Houston have the draft capitol and the players, because you're ready that you could pack a shingoon.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Oh the Spurs, you have to. Spurs definitely have the capitol. So there's only a handful of team to have draft capitol and players.
Speaker 1: Huh, that's not fair. You can't. You can't put Wimby and got them together.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, life ain't fail, partner, life ain't fail. You put them on the team. Boy, Listen, you're gonna be number ethans for show for show and what yeah, and what what pick?
Speaker 1: What pick? The Spurs got? What the picked?
Speaker 2: Spurs that got the two Spurs got the number two pick, so you get a big dime draft.
Speaker 1: They got plenty of the draft picks.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're gonna be willing to part with obviously Stephen Castle and uh Wimby I would think would be, but anything else. I mean, you got Fox, You're gonna have to You're probably gonna have to get off Castle. You okay, okay, if you got Fox, Yeah, you got Fox, and I forgot Fox with there you got so you got Fox?
Speaker 1: Wimby Giannis, Yeah, man, you sure old Joe Wait, Darien Fox, Yeah, Darren Fox. Yeah, No, that's not fair.
Speaker 2: Because man, Waluker gonna want some stock power back, and they have for Castle.
Speaker 1: He's proven, you know, he just won Rookie of the Year. So they gonna they gonna want some They gonna want somebody who's gonna pack.
Speaker 2: A punch, and I want him. I want a proven player. I want a couple of proven player. I might take Vassal and there Caldon Johnson too. Yeah, and I want that number two pick and a couple of other picks and some pick spots. Hey, for y'all, that's just worth it because let me tell you, yeah, I think if he plays with some some other great talent, he will be more of a willing passer versus you know, I know he'll still be downhill, but I think he'll be more reluctant.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think he'll pass a lot more versus just driving in there, you know, just trying to get files and things of that sort. Uh.
Speaker 1: He's a cheat, cole Man, He's a cheat hole for sure. Yeah. Hey, I told him, man, But six yeah, six eleven? What six? Moving like a deer out there? Hu? You ready? Then listen the volume