Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: Hey, rain Drops.
Speaker 1: On today's episode of Reality with the King, my girls are back and no, I'm not talking about the queens on rupe haul Track Race. Should we start re recapping that show?
Speaker 2: Rain Drops? Do y'all watch Drag Race?
Speaker 1: Let me know I love the show, but let me know y'all watch it and if y'all want to recap it. But today we are going to recap season six premiere of The Kardashians on Hulu. Now, I have talked about this show before past seasons when Tristan Thompson was a part of it, it was real juicy. We have to dissect the mind of Tristan. Some people call him third trimester Tristan.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of those.
Speaker 1: People, but child, that's what the folks call him in these internet streets, honey, Giselle Bryant streets child word on the street.
Speaker 2: Hope, I got the connection.
Speaker 1: Okay, but in who we are going to tap into the season six, episode.
Speaker 2: One premiere of The Kardashians.
Speaker 1: Now, before I got into this episode, we're gonna first start off by talking about the Kardashians as a collective. Okay, There's been tons of conversations whether or not the Kardashians should be even trying to attempt another fate every reality television. As you know, they were on E on a show called Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
Speaker 2: It was a monstrous.
Speaker 1: Hit, huge, honey, and it birth multiple businesses, multiple billionaires, and multiple memes.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The family decided to end the season on E and instead recreate the show to be on Hulu and called it The Kardashians.
Speaker 2: Old fans of the show, and I'm one of those.
Speaker 1: People believe that the old version of Keeping Up the Kardashians is nothing like the new version of The Kardashians on Hulu, because gone are the days let's have a real conversation. Gone are the days of getting some of the most controversial craziest moments that we have seen on this iconic show when it was on the E.
Speaker 2: I mean Scott Dissick in cash.
Speaker 1: In the waiter's face at kimber Lee Kardashian's birthday party in Vegas, Kim putting Reggie Bush on speaker phone telling him are you with whores? We're talking about kim seventy two day wedding, Kylie meeting Tiger for the first I mean, we're talking about iconic moments Chloe and Lamar, which would get to that in the premiere of this new season on Hulu.
Speaker 2: Those days are gone, bitch. We are never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever ever in.
Speaker 1: My outcast boys, we aren't ever getting those days again. Yes, it is what made us fall in love this family. Yes, it is what made us say that this is probably the best family reality show in the world. Right those days are gone because these women are uber famous and they have a lot to lose, and they're much more controlled when it comes to their narrative. The show on Hulu really dives into the fourth wall being broken, meaning we are able to hear them talk about the fact that they.
Speaker 2: Have editing rise.
Speaker 1: They could have watched the show and decide what we can see.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kylie Baby is.
Speaker 1: Just here for the Charculdrie board, like Kylie is here for the food. Kylie is not here for the family at all, meaning she's not gonna show up. Courtney has one toe in the show and has another toe in Travis's mouth.
Speaker 2: Honey.
Speaker 1: They are the PDA couple that just loves to dive into each other's soul.
Speaker 2: Honey. Yes, that's what that that's what they're about.
Speaker 1: We're not ever getting the old days of unfettered access to this family.
Speaker 2: So the kardash Is on Hulu it really is. This is my opinion.
Speaker 1: The kardash Is on Hulu is a show now where we're able to see exactly what they want us to see, and that is going to be primarily their businesses or Kim Kardashian going to the White House, going to Paris and the Fashion Week. It really is a show more so about this is who we are today and follow us on this journey. We're not going to give you Kanye West ever again, Like that's not happening. Scott dis Sick is on the show. It's odd because you never ever ever ever see him with Courtney and I get it because if I broke up with the man, there's no sense of me filming with him. So we're never going to see Courtney and Scott have a conversation a one on one. In a perfect world, I would love to see Courtney and Scott talk about co parenting.
Speaker 2: When she got married to Travis.
Speaker 1: I would have liked to see a scene between Courtney and Scott and Travis talking about.
Speaker 2: The dynamic of their their parenthood. We didn't get that, bitch, and.
Speaker 1: We're never gonna get that, so instead we do get a lot of conversations about fluffy stuff. If I'm being honest, you know, but I mean, I may be the minoritye in this. I just like watching them, and although I missed the old days of what the show used to be and what the family used to be, they are still interesting to watch. And I love any opportunity where I get to see Chloe and Malika have conversation, and I like any opportunity R get to see Kim and Courtney fight. We are we're still getting that, but let's get into the premiere. I have to say, and I'm being very honest, I really enjoyed the season six premiere of The Kardashians.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it because we really got a chance to go inside of their world and see things that I felt like, Okay, it's not a forty.
Speaker 2: Two minute commercial.
Speaker 1: We did see Kim go to the White House to meet Kamala Harris, which was amazing because she was there to free wrongfully convicted black people.
Speaker 2: And listen, my.
Speaker 1: Power fist goes out to Kim for being somebody who is immersed with freeing wrongfully convicted individuals, especially those in the black community.
Speaker 2: And I love that about her because at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the day, she has black kids, you know, their mixed race, So to be able to have her identify with that culture, I'm always going to be here for that in terms of working with the system to do something within her power that she's able to do. And my hat tips off the Kimberly period. Point in the blank. Okay, so we got a chance to see that. We did not get a chance though, to see Kylie in the photo shoot.
Speaker 2: Honey, Kylie does not want to be here.
Speaker 1: Kylie is here for her money and the dark could rey board and maybe a scene or two with Kendo. Kylie is not here for fame. Kylie has said numerous times that she does not like being famous. It's not her thing. It's Kimberly's thing. It's not her thing. We have never seen Kylie and Travis have a conversation ever about their relationship.
Speaker 2: Co parenting either.
Speaker 1: We are never going to see and Timothy Shelle her new boyfriend at the Golden Globes getting ready for it, what the after party looks like, how they said, did me more allegedly snuffed her.
Speaker 2: We're not getting those either.
Speaker 1: Child Kenda was dating a basketball player allegedly, and we don't get a chance to see that. And that's why for me, at the end of the day, you can say what you want about Courtney. Courtney carried the motherfucking show. Courtney Hascott's drama made us love her, and it made us really tune in week to week. So the fact that Courtney is like, my back hurts. I need a Chira practor somebody had me a neck brace. I have carried this show with my personal drama for so long that it's time for someone else to do it.
Speaker 2: And baby.
Speaker 1: In this premiere, Chloe Kardashian stepped up and said bitch, hand it to me, child.
Speaker 2: We are just getting started.
Speaker 1: This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. This episode was fantastic because we got a chance to see Chloe and her ex husband Lamar have a real conversation.
Speaker 2: Chloe is really.
Speaker 1: Invested in taking Courtney's place as the sister who's going to give the best personal story.
Speaker 2: The kardash Is on Hulu.
Speaker 1: The reason why, let's be honest here, the reason why it is super interesting to watch, even with the fluff scenes and the marketing shit, is because Chloe has given us personal story. Chloe has given us person no story with Tristan and listen, I'm gonna keep it all the way real.
Speaker 2: I can watch.
Speaker 1: Chloe and Tristan scenes forever and will not get bored with it. The dynamic between Tristan and Chloe sets my soul on fire.
Speaker 2: It does it. It's because it's the psychology of.
Speaker 1: The dynamic of a woman dealing with her baby daddy who is a cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater on our five at the Piccadilly on sunset. It's so fascinating and what's even more fascinating, is the.
Speaker 2: Fact that.
Speaker 1: You don't know where these two are going to end up. And although everything in your body is saying no, Chloe, don't ever give this man a chance.
Speaker 2: There is a very very very very very very very very very a.
Speaker 1: Very small part of you who feels like, is he going to change? And you're kind of rooting for the change. You're kind of rooting for, like can he do right by this woman? Because Chloe is such a good gal that you sometimes wonder like, why does Tristan feel the need to constantly cheat on her?
Speaker 2: And not only cheating.
Speaker 1: On her, he had a baby while they were in a relationship, a child with another woman.
Speaker 2: That's what makes it fascinating. But I digress.
Speaker 1: So Chloe meets with Malika, her best friend, and sets up the fact that she has had a lot of Lamar's personalized items for years, okay four years, and she never had the opportunity to give the ideas to him. What was fascinating in that conversation is two things. Let me tell you something like Carlos King. The first, any guy I'm seeing or have dated and we break up or have broken up, I'm not keeping anything. I'm you better be lucky it's not getting burned. You better be lucky Bleach isn't on that motherfucker in the baptub. You better be lucky that I haven't decided to hop in my car, drive to the alley bypass the rat, put it on the pavement, spit on it, and drive on top of it with my tire tracks.
Speaker 2: So the fact that Chloe.
Speaker 1: This is why Chloe's a better woman than I am. Chloe decided to keep this thing in a ups box for years, okay, because she said, look, these are his items and and they don't belong to me.
Speaker 2: They belong to him. That's why she's a better woman than me. Okay.
Speaker 1: So Malika decided to set up this meeting between Chloe and Lamar because Malika ran into.
Speaker 2: Lamar in Vegas. Okay.
Speaker 1: So Malika's like, look, I can contact him, set this up, this whole situation Da da da da da da, And Chloe agrees to it. Now let's have a real conversation. Chloe knows what time it is. Chloe knows like, look, Kim A' giving us no boyfriend.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get Pete Davison. We're not getting.
Speaker 1: Any tech billionaire that she met through Jeff Bezos and his fiyonce Lawrence Sanchez. Honey, Kim ain't given us that. She knows that we are kind of overwhelmed with the obsessive, excessive PDA between Travis and Courtney. So Chloe said, let me do it. Colleague is like giving y'all timoth. Kim was like giving you the ballplayer, and Chris and Corey gamble and give y'all nothing. So Chloyd decided to say, look, I'll take one for the team. And the team is the Kardashians on Hulu, So then we have Honey. Chloe goes over Malika's house and the meeting between Chloe and Lamar was scheduled four three p m. Lamar is fifty seven minutes late. Lamar gets out the car and shows up with a birthday cake. You get a public's grocery store, a sheet cake that costs twenty four dollars and ninety nine cents, and some flowers to Chloe.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh huh yep.
Speaker 1: So not only is my brother fifty minutes late, he had to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few items on his list. So he walks in and to Chloe's credit. She's very calm, cool and collected, and Lamar is sweating bullets and in this very moment on some real shit, I'm like, is Lamar Okay?
Speaker 2: Is he okay?
Speaker 1: Because Lamar obviously has had a drug problem, Okay. Chloe has said that during their marriage she saw things that made her uncomfortable that she did not like, and she knew that this was her husband's issues. And during her marriage, a man that she admitted she they dated for like thirty days, got married and all that stuff. Right, So what that sort of revealed that, allegedly, right, Chloe had seen Lamar do things that pertains to that that she did not like, and that she tried to.
Speaker 2: Stand by him and help him through his addiction. Okay.
Speaker 1: What we learned throughout this conversation between Chloe and Lamar, which was by the way, fascinating, Okay, what we learned during this conversation was that.
Speaker 2: When Lamar almost died.
Speaker 1: When he was at a brothel, okay, there was a drug infused situation.
Speaker 2: He almost died, Okay.
Speaker 1: I believe he was airlifted to a hospital and Chloe was by his side. So when Lamar finally came out of his coma. Chloe put him in a rental home next door to hers to take care here of him, to have all the nurses, the doctors and the help really help out right. And she said that one day she went over there, and she didn't go into detail because Chloe still respects this man, her ex husband, who she has said publicly.
Speaker 2: Was like her first true love.
Speaker 1: While Lamar was recovering, Chloe said she went over to visit him while she had to go out of town, I think, and she saw Lamar do things that she was like, I can't believe you're still doing that.
Speaker 2: Now. We can put two and two together and get four.
Speaker 1: But I think we all know what she meant and what she saw, and that's when Chloe rightfully so decided to kick Lamar out of that rental home she's paying for her. And I ain't mad at you, says, If I'm here trying to help you with your recovery and you're doing things that may mimic what I saw in our marriage, then I'm not gonna sit up here and be your neighbler like I'm just not doing that. And I just feel so bad for Chloe that Chloe has, unfortunately have to deal with this deal with Tristan like it's it's it makes me sad for her because you could tell that she's such a good woman and a good caretaker that these men take advantage of her and that I don't like. Okay, So Chloe Lamar in the the living room, Malika decides to like give Lamar some bounty paper towel because he's sweating profusely.
Speaker 2: He's visibly nervous.
Speaker 1: Chloe is reassuring him that look, I'm not here to like blast you. This is not going to be like a contentious conversation like I got your stuff.
Speaker 2: He opens up a box.
Speaker 1: It's like this necklace that has wings on it, and Lamar mentally, you know you can see this, he like goes back to that place in his life and he's at a loss for words, and Chloe just looking at him like, you know, yeah, I say that for you. It belongs to you. It's yours, and you know the memories. He didn't ask where Rob was he? This is what I knew that Lamar may not be all the way there in my opinion. Allegedly, he didn't ask about Rob, Chloe's brother, and Chloe was like, oh, he's at home. You do realize this is Malika's house. You do realize this is Malika's And in that moment, I'm like, I wonder if Lamar is all the way there, And as you saw Chloe's struggle to have a conversation with him, Lamar is visibly distant and not distant in terms of like space between them. He doesn't appear to be all the way okay, And that saddened me in that moment because you're sort of like, where do things go from here? So the episode clip hunk with that, so we'll see what happens next week. But I think a larger conversation is was Lamar ready to have that conversation?
Speaker 2: And that is sort of what.
Speaker 1: We are going to dissect because for me, obviously Lamar agreed to film, he signed the release.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure they more than likely paid him for his services. Lamar didn't seem to be in the right frame of mind to understand the gravity of the situation, and that was apparent to me just based on his behavior.
Speaker 2: And look, I could be.
Speaker 1: Reaching and he for sure could have just been nervous and that's that. But he just didn't seem like himself. And obviously he has gone through a lot. He's gone through addiction, he's gone through almost dying, he's gone through his whole life changing. We're talking about a man who was an NBA championship player on the Lakers, Like, that's what we're talking about, and now he is somewhat a shell of himself, and I would like to know where he is as of today in terms of his life, like what he's doing and listen, maybe we'll get that in episode two, because obviously I'm going.
Speaker 2: To watch it.
Speaker 1: But what the overview of the dynamic between Chloe and Lamar really showed me that they really did love each other, and it really showed me a lot more about Chloe.
Speaker 2: What it showed me about Chloe is and I have this in me too.
Speaker 1: Chloe loves hard and when she falls in love, she only has eyes for you and she really wants to make you the best man possible. And I am that as well. When I'm in love, bitch, I listen, I'll only have eyes for you. I want to make you great. I will do whatever it takes to make sure you are happy. So me and Chloe can relate for sure when it comes to that, when it comes to the loss of love, what I find valuable in her is the fact that it doesn't harden her heart, and that.
Speaker 2: Is where she and are different. I got a hard heart, child.
Speaker 1: I ain't saying that now. I'm saying that. I just listen, who I am a child?
Speaker 2: What's up, Dove with you? I don't want to see you, no boy. I just feel like whatever we're gonna do, like bye bye bye. But that's why Chloe's a better person, because I just I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: But it showed me that just because the relationship did not work out is not going to harden her heart. And I think that's a testament to her character as well. Listen, I I can't wait to see how this unfolds. And like I said, I really did enjoy this premiere episode. I thought it was super fascinating. I really enjoyed the fact that they kind of just you know, got in it. Courtney had a birthday party at ihop in the back room with curtains so that nobody would interrupt her. So it was it was nice to see them settle into this. But listen, overall, I really did enjoy the season premiere, okay, and I may start recapping Kardashians regularly the rain drops. Let let me know that something you guys want to because look, I'm here for the rain jobs and I'm here to recap anything I want to watch along with me, So.
Speaker 2: Let me know.
Speaker 1: Leave me comments, okay on the Spotify comment section, in addition to tweet me hashtag and Reality with the King and let me know if you guys want me to add the Kardashians to the docket.
Speaker 2: Okay. I will talk to you guys on the next one. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at Deep Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes baby my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals baby my Russians. Yeah, and don't forget tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment.
Speaker 1: It is produced by Sierra Spragley rix An executive produced.
Speaker 2: By me Carlos King Kingdom Reign Entertainment. Baby