Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, March twelfth, twenty twenty four, and we are officially forty four days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. Time is dwindling, free agency is upon us, and teams are starting to see what their roster could look like going into the twenty twenty four NFL Draft. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller LT A taste you can depend on. We've got Nick Harris, the Great, Brian brought us, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans small crew today. A lot of stuff going on today, a lot of free agency news, breaking news, people taking care of looking at Oh, we got a light change in here, everything around what this NFL season could look like in twenty twenty four. But Brian, right now, it's a whole lot of inaction for the Cowboys before going into draft time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's if you've been around this team enough, if you've worked for this team like you guys, do you kind of understand where they're at. You run into people in the hallways, they kind of give you a little bit of a whisper, a little heads up, like, listen, we're going to try and sign our own here. You know, we've got some contracts we've got to look at. We've going to maybe move some money around. But it's something that you kind of can you kind of expect. I know in one O, five to three, the fan that we talk about it quite a bit. It seems like a really sad day for people that follow this football team. They see other teams spending money, uh, you know, picking up players and all. But you know, this is the one thing about this team. It it has a plan for how they want to do things and how they want to operate. As much as we all hate it, you know, they they draft really really well. And we keep talking about that in a way because I know some teams in the league that have to keep spending money in free agency because they don't draft well. And that's the reason why we have a show here, you know, to talk about the draft. And but yeah, I can understand the Cowboy fans frustration. I'm gonna be honest with you, you know, I look at what the Commanders did yesterday and other other than Frankie Louvo. I'm kind of like, Okay, what did they do? You know, they seem like they spent a lot of money. Yeah, the players, they got a lot of Dallas Cowboy guys, replaceable players, and Cowboys talked about drafting a center, you know, that's something you visit with, and they talked about moving on. They knew they had to get better there, you know the edge rushers. Yeah, they know they have to probably get better there. You know, this is you know, you let guys go for a reason, and you know, the Commanders they're picking up the pieces. But like, I'm did they really get better? I think they've added some nice pieces. I wouldn't say they got great. You know, the Philadelphia Eagles adding Saquon Barkley. The only hope that you got to think about if you're you know, a Cowboy fan there is he doesn't turn into you know, McCaffrey and all of a sudden he finds his health. Yeah, you know, and and all of a sudden, now he's playing games at a very very high level, which he's capable of. But that's a guy that they spend a good portion of their cap on a player that has an injury history. So I know it's frustrating for Cowboy fans, and you know, focus on the draft, focus on these players, and that's what we're gonna do here this week, try and get you ready for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think this draft only becomes more important.
Speaker 5: I feel like they've been saying that ever since it was ninety nine days and now what is it today, forty three.
Speaker 4: Days or whatever? Forty four? There you go.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you look at all these free agents departing. We're gonna have a fun draft show next year talking about these compics. Yeah, we're gonna have We're gonna have a really fun draft show next year.
Speaker 4: But talk about bring them in? Yeah, happen. Talking about free agency.
Speaker 5: I think it's something that's kind of popped in my mind as yesterday went on and even the morning. Are the Cowboys in a situation now where they have to trade back where they need to pick up an extra pick?
Speaker 4: I think they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they have to pick up an extra one at some point. Whether that's a Day two, day three, doesn't matter. I think they need an extra guy.
Speaker 3: I really like. And I talked to Dane Burglar about this, and he had a mock draft where he traded back to Buffalo and he picked up ninety nine, the third round pick, which was, you know, the end of the end of the second day.
Speaker 2: Buffalo's at twenty seven, Buffalo's at twenty Wait, twenty seven.
Speaker 3: I want to believe the twenty eight. Okay, so you go back the four spots. I'd do that, and then you pick up say you do pick up ninety nine, that pick, Yeah, you don't have a pick in the fourth round. So to me, if you could get all those picks inside the top one hundred, it kind of sets you up though that for some I think some good things as far as the way the board could shake out for you and the way the guy you know, you of who you could potentially grab, you know, because I can say I always I always love the third day of the draft. I love how, you know, after the second day you could sit there and you can look at your board and you're kind of like, Okay, you can map this thing out that maybe how you can navigate and get some guys and you know, teams that have those that have those options in the fourth round, maybe they can move around and grab a guy or two that they surely could use it. They might have had a higher grade, maybe they had a second or third round grade on a guy that's still on their board and they just didn't get to him. And so now you take the opportunity, and that started day three to grab a guy. So I'm with you, Nick on this. Anyway to navigate it to where you could grab a guy or it's going to be grab a pick, but still get the quality of the player you want, whether they a tackle, is center, you know, any one of the numerous positions that we've talked about in this period.
Speaker 2: And there's no way that happens pre draft now, right because you want to see what falls to you know, you want to see what falls to twenty four Jackson, Powers Johnson, the twenty four Marius Men's falls to two twenty four. Then you've got your at least tackle or center taken care of, which are two glaring needs at this point in time. But if let's say there are a couple names there, Graham Barton's available and Powers, Johnson's gone, Mimes is gone. Yeah, you can trade back. Pull the parachute, you go back four spots, you pick up a third round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never want to trade away from a player that you feared that you might lose along the way. You know, if you feel like you've got the numbers at a certain position and you're comfortable, you know, I remember, you know, making a trade back. And this goes all the way back to the Roy Williams Days, the Safety from Oklahoma, where we sat in the room and Jerry Jones had Carl Peterson from Kansas City on the phone and Frank Gilliam on the phone from Minnesota at the same time, and we were trying to pick up a third round pick to move back a few spots. And you know, Jerry got Frank and both Carl to admit who they were going to take, which you never see happen. I mean, it usually tell you we're taking a defensive player here. Oh, we're taking an offensive player here. Jerry got him to admit. Jerry hung up the phone, says, they're not taking our guy. Let's just take the best deal and move back. And you know, it worked out that way, you know, forrest in that particular time. So sometimes, you you know, if if if there's a if there's a cluster of guys that you like at a position and you feel comfortable taking one of those guys, whether they're all kind of tax touching like we always talk about, by all means, move back and try and grab it. But never trade away from a guy that you know. Don't ever And Jerry said this before, you would hate to trade away from a guy. And all of a sudden, the next pick, that guy goes and now you're now you're feeling like, okay, we just got you know, we just we just did something terrible here. But if you got a cluster of guys, all those tackles, uh, maybe a couple of those centers are there, you know, maybe maybe the defensive tackles they're looking I don't know. I was talking yesterday. I found out they're going to play Mossie Smith as a one technique. You're gonna put weight back on him and play him as a one. There thought maybe, oh, he might be a three with all this weight loss and stuff. But talking to some guys here in the building, they said, no, we're gonna blame at one. So you know, maybe the defensive tackle it still might be a spot that you're needing to to look at there, especially the one technique.
Speaker 5: And I don't think there's necessarily a situation where you have to trade back in the first and still pick up a pick. Yeah, you're expecting all these compicks to come in twenty twenty five. Granted that chickens haven't hatched yet, but you're expecting to have those in twenty twenty five. Trade one, trade move and yeah, yeah, and get a pick this year. I think you can kind of parlay that into again getting an extra guy on Day two or Day three, probably Day three, but there's still an option for Day.
Speaker 4: Two as well.
Speaker 2: It just it puts a strain on the NFL draft whenever it comes down to And we talked about this a little bit on the last show at Talking Cowboys. There's now two glaring neats left tackle and center. Doesn't look like your left tackles returning. Your center is already signed in Washington. So offensive line, there's two open spots there that you need to taken care of. Running Back is now a huge piece with Tony Pollard now going to Tennessee out of the first day of free agency, Brian, when you look at the pieces that have left, which one affects the draft process the most, well.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny we talk about Tyron Smith and I think on a lot of people's boards that maybe Tyron Smith was the best tackle out there. He didn't go in the first day.
Speaker 4: He didn't neither did any other tackle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now you're kind of wondering what people are thinking about these tackles. You know, is this such a is there such a depth in the draft that somebody would rather have a cheaper, younger, maybe in some cases a better tackle if you know, I mean, I know Tyron Smith. We all know who Tyron Smith is. I'm going to say this, and I know I'm kind of putting it out there. I'm not closing the door on Tyron Smith. And I'll tell you this reason why if he was going to go somewhere. To me, the Commanders made a whole lot of sense, be because dan Quinn knows what it takes to get him to the game every week. I visited with some coaches about Tyron Smith. They love the player, but they also love players that practice, you know, and you're not always willing to say, and especially with Tyron Smith going into a new system, Tyron Smith going in learning a new offense, you know, you need to practice these things and you wonder if if somebody signs Tyron Smith and they're gonna say, Okay, we're not going to practice you, We're not going to do you know, Dan Quinn's the one guy that's seen it work, and so to me that would be But the fact that these tackles haven't gone, I think that tells you a little something that people are looking at these boards and they're looking at their board, or they're coming out of the combine and they're going, man, we don't have to spend money on a tackle like this.
Speaker 4: And look at the flip side of that.
Speaker 5: Look at all the running backs that came off the board yesterday and coincide that with the running back class.
Speaker 3: That's great, that's a great point because what I think what happened with the running back class is that I know, me, I've never seen a running back free agent class historically looked like this. I felt like there was going to be a run on running backs. I didn't expect it to start like at twelve thirteen million dollars. I didn't expect that. You know, Tony Pollard, you know, getting eight million dollars. I was thinking Tony Pollard was probably going to get three to four million dollars. But to get twice that, that just shows you what you know. Josh Jacobs guys like that. They they this everybody saw running backs like, Okay, you can devalue them all you want, but when they're this good, let's.
Speaker 2: Go get one twenty four million for Pollard, twenty four over three for Deandreswift, two thirty eight million over three for Saquon Barkley, forty eight million for four years over jos for Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 3: Good play.
Speaker 2: All of these names were already expected to be free agents, and then you have Joe Mixon pop up. Then you have Aaron Jones Papa, and both of those guys are already taken care of as well.
Speaker 3: To Nick's point though, also it's about maybe about the running back class, or your point as well, call the the running back class. You know it's and I'm sure we'll get into it today. You know, there's some really good running backs in this depending on how you want to view them. There's a lot of short running backs in this thing. Yeah, a lot of five eight running backs. They're going to get the opportunity to get Draft.
Speaker 2: Five ten, five eight, five eleven, And I mean marsh On Lloyd USC five nine.
Speaker 3: I mean really good.
Speaker 2: By the way, do you do you feel like it's an indictment on the high end level of running backs in this draft. You don't have Jamier Gibbs, you don't have Jean Robinson in this draft class. You're probably gonna start your list with the Jonathan Brooks from Texas, Trey Benson for Floridas, Date Bucky Irving from Oregon, Blake rraam Michigan. Those are the guys that are going to start it. They're not high level guys. Is that why these high level running backs that are already in the league nick have taken that step and were secured pretty quickly in free agency?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it makes sense.
Speaker 5: If you're looking at a team and your you see a hole in your running back room, you go get a guy that been proven to be your RB one and go get a complimentary back in the draft that you can develop and can pick up reps while this running back one that you just signed picks up more opportunity and then by the time he's ready to exit the league, then you have a guy who has three years of experience coming out of the draft. In a second or third round situation, and then they're they're more prime for that opportunity. That's kind of the situation with the Cowboys, right you look at free agency. Granted, let's pretend here for a minute that the Cowboys have a little bit more money. Let's say they end up getting the Zach Moss yesterday, so they're able to get the Zach Moss and bring in let's say, I don't know a Braylan Allen, and they can work those two guys with each other by the time Zach Moss is done with his two or three year deal. Again, theorizing here, Braylan Allen's ready to take that step and be that guy because you've developed him under that system for so long, and then you can kind of work him around a small back. So it just makes sense for why the running back market played out the way that it did yesterday when you look at what you're dealing with in the draft here. And I think another interesting part of this whole entire thing too, for the Cowboys perspective, is where does Jonathan Brooks fit within this? Because if Jonathan Brooks is their guy and that's their target, they have to be able to be okay with the fact that he might not be one hundred percent until October, and so what do you do with that?
Speaker 4: In free agency?
Speaker 5: Do you go do you just kind of let everything fall by the wayside and you end up with Rego Dawbdell starting week one. I mean, Jonathan brook is probably ready by week one. I mean everything that we've heard is that he'll be ready by training camp. But as far as being full speed, being ready to go.
Speaker 3: Right, we've seen this before with the knee injuries with the Cowboys for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so's it's what how do you kind of play with that? And so if you don't have a guy that you feel comfortable with coming out of free agency, a guy like Jonathan Brooks is probably off the board. So you're looking at a guy that can come in contribute day one. I'll tell you what, there's gonna be a day tw running back. It's gonna be very happy to wear the star on his helmet going in the training camp because he's gonna have a huge opportunity in front of him. I think a guy's really gonna be able to hit on that.
Speaker 2: Kind of along those same lines, you're talking about pairing a veteran with a rookie with a draft pick who Let's say there is no veteran. Let's say they come up empty, which I don't believe. I think they're going to add somebody at some point. Whether it's doubtell when they bring him back or they have Deuce Fin, they have Blank Davis in the room. Which running back in this draft class? Do you feel like would be best suited to carry a RB one workload going into your number one with the Dallas Cowboys Braylean Allen.
Speaker 5: I love Braylan Allen. I think it's a good fit for the Cowboys. Is he the best fit? Probably not.
Speaker 4: You did ask for the best fit.
Speaker 3: Didn't you.
Speaker 2: I did ask for bestfit.
Speaker 4: I just love what Braylen Allen brings.
Speaker 5: Though he has the size, he has the ability to get those yards that you couldn't get to the short yardage situations. He is what you have not had. Bring him in and see what he can bring to the offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would. I would lean towards if you the first one off my board to get do something like that. I'd love to have Brooks, But the injury concerned, I think is warned. Trey Benson to me is a guy that I would absolutely feel like that. You know, it's six foot two hundred and sixteen pounds. I feel like that could be in every down back. I think he can handle the workload, you know, quite well. The physicality that he plays with the way he catches the football, the way he runs, his running style and all that, I just feel like, to me, that's the guy that you just you put back there, you plug him in, and you just go to work. I'm going to say this. Marshawan Lloyd from USC is another.
Speaker 2: Guy that I really really like.
Speaker 3: And I didn't and I'm sorry but I'm late to the party on him. But this kid transferred from South Carolina. He tore his ACL in twenty twenty. But you know he you know, he's kind of when you watch him play at USC, this guy's an explosive player and he catches the ball well. He makes people miss. I feel like he's got the toughness to be in every down player for you. And so he's on those guys gets score anywhere on the field. So there's a couple of guys that I would look at. I like what Nick's talking about with Alan. I think there's some straight line to his game. But I think he really really tough. Just keep handing him the ball and you know he's going to he's going to make positive plays there. But man, I was looking for somebody a little bit more explosive, and Marshawn Lloyd was that guy for me.
Speaker 2: I really like Lloyd as well because he's very laterally quick. He's got that lateral quickness to him. I don't think he has a ton of vision. He's a patient runner, right, but I think it's mostly because he's waiting for the hole to come to him before actually really diving into the lion of scrimmage. I really like his pass protection ability as well, and you're missing that element now with Tony Pollard and of course Ezekiel.
Speaker 3: Tony got better at it because there was some questions about you know, Zeke was one of the few guys that came in and immediately picked it up. He was elite, yeah, and then all of a sudden, then you know, Tony had to kind of learn how to. I think skip Pete along the way really helped him and he developed some toughness and he was good with the pickup. He was very aware and that's something you have to have with these backs.
Speaker 2: On the other side, You've talked about Trey Benson a little bit. He's my RB two right now. He's the second running back in the class behind Jonathan Brooks. Brooks's injury does concern me, right, but he's so explosive when he is healthy. I think he is still the best running back in the class. The thing about Benson, he's got straight line speed, but he also runs through contact. Yeah, some physicality to his game. Not necessarily going to be a huge piece of the passing game. I don't think he's a great route runner. But one he does do well is he stands at six foot one and he has some speed and a full head of steam to put behind two hundred and twenty three pounds. I will take that all day, every day. If he's durable, if he's a playmaker, he can take the full workload of an RB one and year number one. Give me that all day.
Speaker 3: He punishes guys, there's no question about that. I was amazed how fast he can get going in the open field. That's something I was I was kind of not expecting that with him. But you watch him run, he can put pick him up, put him down the open field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think there's a handful of running backs that you would be okay with walking through this door, probably five or six that you know if the Cowboys ended up pulling. On day two, let's talking about Yeah, let's go ahead. I talked about Jonathan Brooks. I'm gonna leave him out of this equation just because you need a guy that can contribute immediately. Sure, I'm gonna throw in Trey Benson, Bucky Irving, Braylen, Allen uh Man talking about being late to the party, Zach with Jalen Wright.
Speaker 4: I'm with him.
Speaker 5: I'm with him on Jalen Wright, Marshawn Lloyd, and I I love Blake Korum. I understand the size concerns and everything, but that's a guy who's been productive. He's a bruiser despite being five foot eight. I think he would be just fine in this building. Those are probably my six. And then I've talked about Isaiah Davis on Day three a lot. I still really love what he brings. I think he's gonna make a day three pick look really smart.
Speaker 2: I so, I'm shocked that you didn't say Bucky Irving.
Speaker 4: I did say more weird?
Speaker 2: Oh you did? Oh sorry, I must have missed it uh audric estimate Notre Dame. We've talked about him a couple times before. I think he's a good runner.
Speaker 3: I don't, Davis, I'm not okay with him too. I agree on that. You don't guess, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big fan of his I don't. To me, I just don't see I see a guy that has power, but I don't see any speed. And you saw that at the combine with his time, he you know.
Speaker 2: Seven to one.
Speaker 3: That was one of the times when you're like thinking, okay, he's in the blocks, you watch him take off and then he ran the time he did. I'm like, that makes sense. That makes sense to me. I mean, I just I don't mean. One of my lines was I don't see great long speed. I'll see him finish some runs. I'll see him finish forward, I see him get positive yards. I thought he was really straight line in the way. I didn't think there was a lot of lateral agility with his running. I thought it was that short, choppy kind of steps. And I don't think he has much quickness as a runner. And I worry about people getting like all of a sudden if it's not blocked. Well, can he escape? Can he create? I don't see it with him at all.
Speaker 4: He's a jag for me, just a guy, just a gas guy.
Speaker 2: So where do you take him if if you're let's say you miss it out on running backs late, do you take him at all?
Speaker 5: I have I have a fourth on him. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Yeah, I have a fourth on him. I think if he's sitting there in the I like Isaiah Davis more than more than really, I really enjoy Isaiah Davis. Man, I'm going to continue to hammer that one home.
Speaker 2: I think he's a fun Day three guy. I'm not like the two of the Isaiah Davis hype.
Speaker 4: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's anybody like Will Shipley from Clemson. Yes, I mean, is there anything limited? Limited?
Speaker 5: I think, And I think his ceiling is going to be very low here. But I think you understand what you're getting whenever you pick him. But that's a guy I think you bring in with a running back room that already has a Barkley or already has a I can't.
Speaker 3: I think I think this guy could be kind of a mismatch player as a receiver and I'm not talking about put him out. Why Yeah, but you know there's there you watch it. He's had a ton of carries. He has Clemson just they play old school football on a phone booth there and they hand the ball to him. And but there is some quickness to the game and he kind of makes something out of nothing every once in a while. And that's where when you see him in space, the quickness to make tacklers miss on the move. I love the way he catches the ball. I didn't think he could run away for many defenders, but but there is times where you see him be able to separate and finish in that regard. So if you were looking, you know, like day three, I kind of feel like though that this guy is going to He's got the frame to get tough yards and he's going to catch the football and I think he's going to make plays in the passing game that way. So that's why I kind of I think you're going to have to have another back with him. This guy's got the ability to make some plays. So I kind of like that about him.
Speaker 2: I had a high fifth on him for much of the same reasons. I think he's going to be a value pick in Day three. Just a guy that you can bring in and he's going to contribute, make a roster, and continue to give you some versatility as a backup. Maybe not a featured back, but there's a couple guys like that we're talking about when it comes to the Cowboys. Yes, you want to find somebody that can create, but there are a lot of really good complimentary backs in this draft too. I think you can go up and down the list of Frank Gore Junior from Southern miss as somebody we haven't talked about a whole lot. Cody Schrader from Missouri. I think that's what I tried to.
Speaker 3: Bring I tried to bring him up and then yeah, and he ran like four six, But he plays faster than that. You watch. You watch him. They hand the ball to him in Missouri does a good job offensively with their scheme. But man, he is He is running through arm tackles, he's finishing runs. He could catch the football. I think there's an element of toughness to his game, the way he finishes runs. I was I was trying to kind of bring him up earlier, and you guys give me the crickets on that one. But maybe.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of out on Trader. He the only thing that I don't I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna counter with you because I'm out of Blake Korum.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's let's go ask this is a battle I think here with Cody Schrader. I think he's really stiff. I mean, he's stiff as a board. It's it. It worries me where he can bring athleticism to the next level. And I think you know there's it's a great story former walk on at Missouri being tell.
Speaker 3: Me the great story about the guy, which is what this is known.
Speaker 5: As exactly because he's a complimentary back. Okay, but I think I put a fifth round on him. I'm not huge on Cody Schrader. I think he has some flashes at Missouri.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I think he had an awesome offensive line in front of him as well. I'm I'm I'm not sold on Cody Trader. I think you can get more athletic guys even day three.
Speaker 3: Oh No, I think you got him in the right round. I just think you're not expecting him right.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought whenever you were saying I'm out on him seven.
Speaker 4: I mean, there are guys who want to take him second second day. I mean people in the.
Speaker 3: Draft community like that's the third round.
Speaker 2: I'm not there, no fifth round pick. I think is fair for that?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah to.
Speaker 5: Me, like we're more on the same page than I thought, even if he is there in the fifth round. I like Isaac Garrindo more. I like talking about talk.
Speaker 3: About Grindo then, because I'm with you on this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, let's talk about a speed first. He won four state championships in the state of Indiana and running back they had Yeah in high school. He ran a ten to five to one in high school one hundred meter, which is blazing especially for his size.
Speaker 4: Really productive at Louisville.
Speaker 5: In his one year after transferring in from Washington or excuse Wisconsin, where he had a lot of production there in four years. Initially I thought he was more of a complimentary guy. Yeah, but I think I think there's some ability for him to be a feature back when you look at his speed, what he can do in the receiving game. He has sneaky downhill short yardage ability. You're not despite that size, he has a knack for being able.
Speaker 4: To pick up those hard earned yards. The one thing that worries me.
Speaker 5: Is his injury history, hamstring injury list, frank injury but six foot one, two hundred and twenty five pounds. I think he can take those hits if he can stay healthy. I think he's going to be a really good back there.
Speaker 3: On day three, man Nick had a good day on one back, and he's just doing Blake Korum and all these other backs in the He got this, got this one right. He got this guy right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your brief with Blake Korm?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what though. To me with with Blake, I think he's going to have to I can't. I don't see him as a as a featured guy. And I know a Michigan I know what he did again the five eight. You know, I kind of see what and I know I'm kind of speaking out of both sides of my mouth on that one though. But man, I've seen a lot of carries. I don't see that burst and speed and that with this guy. I worry about him just getting and completely wore down, trying to run inside, trying to run inside, trying to run I don't, you know, and I don't know if he doesn't have that, you know that I think there's ways that you could see him run the ball and he'll throw off the fenders by his running style. But man, I just worry about, you know, how much yards can he really really create on his own? That's my biggest concern with him. I think he's got some quickness. I do think he's got some ability to make those jump cuts, power in the red zone, short yarded stuff, But I just worry about how many carries he's taken and at his size, at his height, put it that way, you know that that would not I just didn't see him as a featured guy, but I could see if you split him with somebody. I feel like you're right, he could be productive in that way.
Speaker 5: He's going to take some hits because he's a good pass protector too. Yeah, so he's going to take some hits in the past game as well.
Speaker 3: But I still like a fire hydrant. Yeah, I mean, he really is.
Speaker 5: There's I think there's an opportunity for him to be able to be reliable downhill. But how that's a good point over a seventeen game season. How much can you take there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think something very fun about him. We were able to get an interview with him a few weeks ago when he was here for the Jason Whitten Award ceremony. You know who his favorite running back was growing up, Marion Barber.
Speaker 3: Oh geez, another big ten guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, So you can kind of see that a little.
Speaker 5: Bit with him because I got a little ton of a barbarians a little bit. Yeah, but I think he could be a power runner despite his size. But I think it's a very good point that you bring up how much of that can he take? Because you look at I've compared him so much to Kien Williams over the course of this draft process, and you see what Kyen Williams had to deal with last year with injury, and he was on the ir there for a little bit, still was able to make an All Rookie team. But you have to factor that in whenever you're looking at a guy that's five foot eight, because how many five foot eight guys are taking those hits year after year after year.
Speaker 3: These five eight guys were trying to evaluate and like I say, Quorum, Ray Davis, yep, you know are usc running back. I mean, if you gave me a choice of the shorter running back kind of guy, I'm taking our guy at USC. I'm just Marshon Lloyd. Yeah, I just you know, I'm kind of They're all like in that two hundred and ten to two hundred and twenty pound range, and they're all really good backs. But I just I worry, I just I need. I just think in this day and age, you have to be able to consistently make people miss. And I wonder with Blake korm has he had so many carries? Can he make people always miss?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: It's it's interesting because you brought this up in the in the either or the would you Rather?
Speaker 3: Would you rather?
Speaker 2: Last week it was it was Koram versus Ray Davis.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went back and looked at it and it's these two guys are at the top of the list. So it's not like it's a huge discrepancy. Ray Davis had six hundred more colleagues.
Speaker 3: There's no carry. I mean, there's no no, I mean no, no. Yeah, you're right, you're absolutely right. See that's the thing about it is those guys when you start to talk about yeah, I mean when you and you're that you're that high, can how much more can you take? And there's some people that will tell you Brian, take a running back. It's gonna sound terrible. Take a running back, use him up and get another one. Yeah, you know, And there's people that subscribe to that subscribe to that theory. So I I could see I could see Blake Korm going somewhere. I could see him being super productive. I could see him well circling back of the Draft show and you know, and me going to Nick, Hey, you're right about that guy. And then you know, we do another Draft show two years from now, and like, well, they're replacing Blake Korum here. Yeah, you know, but that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it goes. But either way, we started this conversation talking about cowboys running back fits. You need somebody that can create they. I don't think Davis or Koram are in that.
Speaker 3: List now for me. For me, I mean, I think Nick has a different opinion of Korum than I do, which is cool. I mean, I think there's something okay there, you go. See, there's I just worry I just worry about. Like I say, I look at I look at Lloyd, and I see that, you know, I see that darting around and stuff like that, and his ability. But like I said, I just this is, this is I think the Cowboys have got some choices here, and you know what, I'm not disappointed in the choices they have. And we didn't even bring up Dylan Johnson from Washington. Now I's dealing with a foot injury and all that. And me he ran at the combine. He didn't run a great time, but you watch him the last three seasons, so at you know, chief transfers from Mississippi State, Washington. This guy he's got some he's got some ability to him as well. I mean he's he's I think he's elusive enough, but I wouldn't call it his overall straight. But there's some quality.
Speaker 4: Backs in this draft, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: And it could end up that one of them has a star on the side of their helmet. When we come back here on the Draft show, we're going to get to some Twitter on the twenty. We're gonna answer your questions for the remainder of the show because there's a lot of questions a Cowboys nation has to be answered when we come back right after this.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 4: They snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 4: Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field.
Speaker 3: As I started getting older.
Speaker 9: I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Laser Care Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to tech and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't funble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game in.
Speaker 10: A stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm Danny mccraige, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle per for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bows now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Show, Nick Harris Brian brought us some Kyle yeomens. It's time now for Chris Beam to hit the button because it's Twitter on twenty There are a lot of great questions today. Cowboys Nation is frustrated, no doubt about it, the inaction and day one of the legally tampering or legal tampering period in the NFL. Garrett wants to ask what would the Cowboys' best option be at center if they don't end up getting lucky and drafting at Jackson Powers Johnson getting a center on day two, or trying to sift through the free agency market and find a center from there. I'll let Nick Harris start this one out.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll give you three options there.
Speaker 5: If Jackson Powers Johnson is not available there at twenty four, which I do not expect him to be, you have the option of taking Graham Barton, And that's a situation where you could probably trade back a few spots and still pick up Graham Barton there at twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Twenty eight or whatever.
Speaker 2: Pick up that ninety ninth pick Brian was there, you go.
Speaker 5: And if if Graham Barton's not there in the first round, then you have potentially Zach Fraser there at fifty six.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's there at fifty six.
Speaker 3: Would that be another trade back situation for you, though.
Speaker 4: It could be.
Speaker 5: I think you'd still be swinging on him a little early. But I mean, if you're here, if you're there to pick up an extra pick and you're comfortable, Zach Fraser, do it. I'm a firm believer. And if you like the player, take him.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: It brings toughness.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if you don't end up with any three of those guys somehow, if they fall through your fall through your hands, or you're going for the tackle in the first round. Dallas has shown a lot of interest in Cedric van Prand Granger out of Georgia. So that's a guy you could probably look at there in the third round. You talk about instincts IQ physicality, I think that you get that with Cedric van Pram Granger. The thing that you're going to be worried about early on. He's still very raw. He's a developmental project.
Speaker 3: I think two hundred ninety eight pounds, right, is any weighed at the combine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So starting him early on, you're really going to be able to You're gonna have to put some weight on him.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to throw some technique with him a little bit.
Speaker 5: You He might struggle year one, but I think down the line he could, uh, he could be a better player for you.
Speaker 3: I like Limber from Arkansas, Yeah, would be another guy. And we talked about Bordolini as well from Wisconsin. Yeah. I kind of feel like though that there's options second round options potentially the Van Pram and the third uh, you know, Limber, Bordeline. I kind of see them as fourth round guys. So I think that you can you can grab one of these sinners. This this is not a bad crew. And I haven't looked at the Penn State kid yet.
Speaker 4: Hunter Nors I was just about to bring him up before you got done the.
Speaker 3: Okay, is he going to be better than Van Pram in the third? Is he going to be better than Limber? Do you have a I mean, if you had to.
Speaker 5: So he's going day three, okay, and in which case, if you can, if he's there in the fifth or he's.
Speaker 3: There, Okay, so he's that type of player, then.
Speaker 5: I think, I think you're gonna get an opportunity to be able to hit on on nors Ed.
Speaker 4: Okay, I really liked him at the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 3: There's there's there's like two or three other centers that I need to look at. And it's the same thing when I did with Lloyd very late to the party here, and all of a sudden, I'm like, wait a minute, I like Lloyd better than you know, some other guys that I kind of had there in that that third round area. So yeah, center's available throughout.
Speaker 2: Kind of along the same lines, Alex asked the question, with the amount of offensive lineman signing so quickly in this tampering period or agreeing terms so quickly, does that help Dallas have one of those tackles or one of the offensive linemen like a Jackson powers Johnson possibly slide to twenty four that would have gone higher to some of these teams ahead of the pack.
Speaker 3: The one, the one that was me, for instance, was the center. I think the Dolphins signed a center that made you know or you know that that to me was kind of one of those like, okay, that knocked them out. You know, now Aaron.
Speaker 2: Brewer, they signed it for three years, twenty one mill Philly.
Speaker 3: Now Philly's got to sign Philly. Might Plug could play one of their current guys. I think that would take him out of the market. Pittsburgh, right, another team that could potentially use a center. So yeah, I'm I'm yeah, let all these teams grab centers and let me have a crack at one of these other guys if I can. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I kind of make the joke yesterday on Twitter, but jokes don't really hit on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a good time to joke or whatever Twitter.
Speaker 5: But I made the joke. I was like, oh, Miami got their center. That's one less team that's going to be picking in front of the Cowboys that could take Jackson power Johnson. That's the best news all day. And everyone was like, oh, you're stupid. He's still gonna get drafted by Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: There all right, man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tweeted out today. I was like, let's talk about the action and in action about the Cowboys free agency, which is a fact. It's been action and in action. They're like, well, what action have they take? I'm like, that's that's part of the book of the Draft show. That's how it goes. All right, let's go down to Cam says he wants to give get your opinion on two scenarios. Option A, and we kind of talked about this a little bit. Trade back with Kansas City. The Kansas City Chiefs thirty two overall after winning the Super Bowl yet again. Yep, they give you thirty two ninety five and one thirty two for pick twenty four. So you pick up two extra picks, yes, a third round pick and a fourth round pick, and you draft either Zach Frasier West Virginia or Morgan the offensive tackle from Arizona, and go from there.
Speaker 5: The offensive guard from Arizona. Go ahead, well, is that the offensive guard.
Speaker 3: From Arizona's playing with guard?
Speaker 2: You think so?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. His arms are too short, Warriors, miilli is.
Speaker 2: Pretty short or his arms are short. Option B. Draft the offensive tackle Fatanu at twenty four, who falls in a bit of a scenario linebacker Junior Colston out of Michigan at fifty six, and you take Jalen Right out of Tennessee at eighty seven. You stay put, but you have three scenarios where guys fall to you that probably shouldn't be there.
Speaker 3: I don't think right gets to you at eighty seven.
Speaker 2: That's part of the scenario here. This is a this is a lucky scenario, or you're picking up draft capital.
Speaker 4: I'm taking that first one. I'm taking that first scenario.
Speaker 5: I'm drafting Zach Fraser there at thirty two and picking up two extra picks on day two. Yeah, I'm taking that, and you can you can work those picks around and still probably end up with a junior Colson or a Jalen Ryder or whatever because you have those two extra picks. I'm I'm taking that ten times out of ten, especially given this free agency outplay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you got see what would what would the hall on it?
Speaker 2: By the way, I got ninety five, I gotta scroll back up to Yeah, okay, and you keep thirty two and you draft either Morgan or Fraser.
Speaker 3: I wonder if we did the math on that how that works. Sometimes if it's like a massive overpay that teams wouldn't consider it, you know, but I would be interested to see. I need to pull out my chart and do that one to see if if that's a massive overpay for for Kansas City.
Speaker 2: I'll bring up the chart.
Speaker 3: Bring it up until give me the numbers on it.
Speaker 4: Me why you're doing that.
Speaker 5: Derek Henry has signed with the Baltimore Ravens, So thats another one off the board.
Speaker 3: Not that he was going to end up in the Cowboy, now that was it. They offered him like nine million dollars. I think that was what that was going to be. So you have it. You have a somewhat of a chart that we can so as you're looking at.
Speaker 2: It, seven hundred and forty is what twenty four is worth?
Speaker 3: Okay? So so it's.
Speaker 2: Seven forty Yep, they gave you one twenty with the pick number ninety five.
Speaker 3: What's what's the difference between twenty four and thirty two? Uh?
Speaker 2: That is I'm bad at quick math. One hundred and fifty points, so they got to make up one hundred and they've got to make up one hundred fifty points.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me the price for pick ninety five, please one Okay, give me the price for that one thirty. Whatever you were doing with it will be.
Speaker 2: The early fifth round forty So it's one sixty. So they're they're overpaying, like a tiny.
Speaker 9: Bit, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, now it's one sixty in.
Speaker 2: Your you're making up from one to fifty.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll give one of those fifth round compics next year.
Speaker 3: I don't know, No, I think to me, okay, now that makes sense. Now that's a little bit of an over that's it's a little bit of overpaid. But it's not it's something it's the price of price of doing business. So but what you got to think about though, too. And you know, and that's okay because again that that that pick ninety five that ends, that's right at the end of day the day of day two. And so now you're you're in that situation where you know, you uh, you're kind of like, okay, we can sleep on our board. Now we come back around and you know, we've got Kansas's pick again at what one thirty two? Is what you said, I'm all about this that if that's if that's if that's what you want to do, then then that's that seems like to me a very reasonable trade to make. If you, in fact, you want to move back to thirty to thirty two and you have one of these centers of mine or your guard, hey, would you guys consider drafting JC Latham from Alabama and make and making them a guard.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's an interesting one.
Speaker 3: I mean, and if you drafted him, because again I was talking to some guys around the league. They don't think he could be a left tackle, but they feel like that he could be an all pro guard. So would you draft him, put him in that spot left guard and kick Tyler Smith?
Speaker 5: And you know what I'm going to say here, I think with Jason, if you're looking at JC Latham and Tyler Smith under that same umbrella, I think you see better potential for JC Latham at tackle and Tyler Smith there at guard.
Speaker 4: But I think if you.
Speaker 5: Were in any other franchise you had a hole there at guard that you needed to fill. That makes sense for JAC Latham, I think because he has that short, quick physicality and quick punch right there. I did note that with him, I think he can take on some bigger, wider guys as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I want to backtrack the way you just said, so you said Tyler Smith doesn't have the same ceiling that Jac Latham has in that in those respected positions of tackle. Do you feel like Tyler Smith can't play tackle?
Speaker 4: No at all?
Speaker 2: Maybe I can't play tackle, but you feel like he's better suited at guard.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, okay, absolutely.
Speaker 3: So taking there by the way, they're green with you right now.
Speaker 2: With with taking Arizona's Morgan, like you talked about putting him at guard, doesn't.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking him, Yeah, Unfortunately you would rather.
Speaker 2: Take a funny tackle and put him to the left.
Speaker 5: And Tielich we talked on the first episode here after the combine, Hey, who are you taking a twenty four? And I said Jordan Morgan, And like the next day I immediately regretted it because I started looking more Jordan Morgan, started focusing in on him a little bit more because I was like, man, this guy makes sense. And the more I watch and the more I go back, this guy's guard. So I don't think that would be I don't think.
Speaker 3: Man, I think I do. I think for I think he can play tackle. I just do I see like a guy I see like got to. I see a guy, a big guy with like kneebin and flexibility and with and I don't know, I mean, maybe you're onto something.
Speaker 2: The short arms are concerning to a slight degree, but it's not like it's gonna affect him. It didn't affect him at Arizona.
Speaker 3: He was named but he carries his hands low and still gets him up inside. Yeah, and that's I don't know. I mean, I just to me, I I have more problems with other guys than I do him. Like Memes. I have problems with mems and him not playing a lot of games, and everybody loves Memes. I don't hate Memes. I'm just scared to death. I'm looking at eight games. Yeah, you know, that's the only thing I'm I'm I'm really nervous about with him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next question goes to the wide receiver position. Then we're going to take our second break. Xavier Leget from South Carolina. Hector wants to know if he's a possible Day two option. Could he play the X, allowing Ceede Lamb to play in the slot more frequently.
Speaker 5: Outside Theoretically, But I think if you're if you're taking Xavier lo Get, you're taking him with the idea of him being an offensive weapon that you can line up anywhere. I'm talking outside, inside, out of the backfield specifically.
Speaker 2: Still fits with the Lamb too, though, yeah, absolute, yeah, that makes interchangeable.
Speaker 4: I think he's asking like just throw him at the X and leave him there.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not. He's He's a versatile weapon that I want to be a to move around.
Speaker 3: They they figured out that South Carolina that multiple use wide receiver, they Deebo sand or South Carolina guy. I mean the same thing with this Legett. Why do I have five wide receivers that I would take over leget Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm the same way. Yeah, there's probably six or seven for me.
Speaker 3: See, I mean I don't see. I mean you start to talk about day, like, are they talking about a second round grade on this guy?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking I would put a third on him.
Speaker 3: I mean I have him in the third myself. But I was wondering if so I would be second or third, That's what I'm saying. I was wondering if he was thinking a second round grade on this guy.
Speaker 2: I bet you it's more so a third because if even if you're looking at best player available, it's going to best player available with a little bit of need kind of sprinkled in there, which is going to be offensive line, running back, linebacker in.
Speaker 3: Those first guys, tell me where they where?
Speaker 2: You have McConkey from Georgia I have him in the second second. He's wide receiver seven for me, I'm higher on him. Okay, I've gotten his wide receiver eight. Okay, the have a you have you stack anywhere.
Speaker 5: I don't have them completely ranked yet, but he would probably end up falling in that eight to ten range.
Speaker 2: How many first round grades you have a wide receiver four? I have five, so I've got I've got Harrison, neighbors A Dounza, Franklin, Brian Thomas Junior.
Speaker 4: Those are my five brunt of those again.
Speaker 2: Marvin Harrison, Junior, Ohio State, Malik Neighbors, LSU, Romea Dunze from Washington, Troy Franklin, Oregon, Brian Thomas Junior from LSU.
Speaker 3: And I might be way way wrong about Franklin.
Speaker 2: You don't like Franklin.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan. Wow, why is that fan?
Speaker 2: We were just talking about him upstairs?
Speaker 3: Will you were? You? You got? Tell me what you guys got on this guy. I'm interested to hear what you would would say about this Franklin player.
Speaker 2: Six foot two, four four one speed. I mean that's one two punch that I really like. I think he's a mismatched nightmare brings the ability to play outside. He can play inside. He brings threats, a deep game, he's got deep ball ability. Sure, he wins at the line of scrimmage. He's not super physical, even though he does have that six foot one frame, But I think he does what he can as a blocker. I think most of it is because he's only one hundred and eighty five pounds, like he's pretty thin.
Speaker 3: He's one hundred six. Yeah, he's he's six two. He's won seventy six that's what he was at the combat, So one seventy six.
Speaker 2: Wiry guy. But I think the NFL is shown recently wirey, tall wide receivers can have success. To Rot Smith, this guy's not DeVante Smith, but he was used in a similar way in that Oregon offense. And I see a playmaker ability with some size. If you can put a little bit of weight on him, then all of a sudden, I think he's a game changer at the next line.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about a guy you would have to compare with Xavier Worthy, and I'm taking Worthy over Franklin ten times.
Speaker 2: As a whole. Yeah, I don't think. I think Franklin's a more complete receiver than Worthy. Worthy, speed, sure, great love it. If you can utilize it, that's fine. Tyreek Hill was that way. But I I see Troy Franklin as a more complete receiver than do you think.
Speaker 4: There's not a route running to exa worthy? Because I can, I can.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think he's a technician. I don't think he's a bad route runner, though. I think Troy Franklin's a technician. And I think he can use him in the screen game. I think he can use him in bubbles and sweeps and all sorts of stuff. He can carry the football and he's he can run through contact.
Speaker 3: I think his speed is his most redeeming quality. And I and I kind of like our guy from Tennessee last year, that just Jalen Hyatt, that just ran by people. I kind of see some similarities in that, and I get it. This guy he's It's amazing the number of deep ball plays this guy makes. And I wonder though about I wonder about that because I did see some snaps where people play him in the press and that he had a struggle sure getting off that. And I wonder if with it being the frame, if the one seventy six, is he gonna. But this cat can flat run. I mean, he showed you that. And he can run by people. That's another thing. But I just I had I think I would go. And the thing about Worthy is damn Worthy ain't much bigger. You know when you look wait Wise, I mean worthies in if you if you look at the combine measurements and stuff like that with Worthy, Worthy was one sixty five, one sixty five, five eleven, one sixty five is what he was. And so man, I mean.
Speaker 4: That ball earth in frank he is smaller.
Speaker 3: And but you know there's I say, my son told me this. My son gets to Texas, he goes Daddy's Calvin Ridley with speed is what he is. And I'm like, oh, okay, but look at this on the film money tracking the ball and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Both of these guys can track the football.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Though we're talking about one hundred and sixty five and one hundred and seventy two is what we're talking about right now.
Speaker 2: And so he stepped in the bucket there. He just he wasted three steps right there on that route. I'll count it one two three Bay Bank. You know a good route running I don't think he's perfect.
Speaker 5: Show me the post corner that he had against Oklahoma State. Yeah, that's let me.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. So how do you feel about bo Nix? A quarterback? And over again? How do you feel about him?
Speaker 5: Just as very he was complimented by his weapons around him?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, being let somebody else draft him kind of a thing.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying Troy Franklin's a bad receiver. I'm not saying that at all.
Speaker 2: But how do you feel about Quinn Ewers at Texas? I know he's not a twenty four draft prospect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think with another year of development and confidence he could he will be talking about him in the top ten.
Speaker 2: Next year exactly. So I just think there's a utilization problem Troy Franklin.
Speaker 3: Franklin's bad. I just I worry, Like when I saw people press him, I worried about that. But I mean people are going to They're probably going to be nervous about his speed because he does run by people. But to me, the way I would play him as I would walk up on him and make him trying to skip physical with him, Yeah, because that he if you give him free access to the route he is going to murder you. Yeah, you know. So that's kind of where I'm at with Franklin there.
Speaker 2: I like this, A little debate of speed, A little speed debate between wide receivers. All right, I got.
Speaker 3: Worthy higher, by the way. Yeah, where do you have?
Speaker 2: Just curious?
Speaker 3: Second round?
Speaker 2: Second?
Speaker 3: Second?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 4: I think you'll end up going first. But I have a second round grade on.
Speaker 2: I have Worthy in the second two, but sixty five Franklin in the first. All right, we'll be back with more of the draft show here in a second. We'll answer some more questions right after this.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer, here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 1: At Laser Care Eye Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 7: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 10: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: As they snapped the fresh scout, who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped, flapped, He'll look full prest down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna rublish himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 6: I'm Danny mccraie, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool or patayo bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft shown back here on the Draft Show presented by Miller Light. You can register now for twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Youth Camps presented by Invisi Line. Athletes of all skill levels, ages six to sixteen are invited to learn from the best this summer at Ford Center at the Star in fris Kill. Football camps led by former NFL players and dance camps taught by the current Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Register before May seventeenth to save twenty five dollars visit dallascowboys dot com slash camps today. The segment brought to you by Your Texas for dal Ford is the best in Texas. Got a couple more Twitter on the twenty questions we want to ask before getting out of here. When it comes to rebuilding for the future, and by rebuilding I mean building for the future.
Speaker 3: They might be rebuilding. We just don't know it.
Speaker 2: If we made no no, they just.
Speaker 3: They don't say it. But they might be rebuilding.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's answer that question. Jay Poole says, do you think the Cowboys are rebuilding for next year by letting Dak play out his contract in his current cap hit, re signing Lamb and Parsons next year and building around that and then getting rid of the current contracts and the veterans that are on the roster at the moment to start fresh in twenty twenty five with a legitimate amount of cap space.
Speaker 4: Ran.
Speaker 3: Now you live in the building. I'll say this, though, I think the rebuilding without telling us the rebuilding, I really do. And I don't think the twenty twenty five cap is going to be anything great. No, it's but you know, they've got a lot of a lot of things, and you know they understand what Thurpe gets. I'll tell you the biggest problem that happened for the Cowboys, all these contracts came up at the same time. They couldn't stagger these contracts. That's a big issue right now for them that they're dealing with. But yeah, this Gavin Dawson on one five three the Fan yesterday on our show The g Bag Nation, he asked that question are they rebuilding? And we all kind of pause for a minute and said, kind of feels like that, and it looks like it, huh, kind of feels like that right now.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's a conscious decision going on that they are rebuilding in twenty twenty four. I think there's an opportunity. It's not as great as it was in twenty twenty three, but there's an opportunity to still put a really good team on the field. Hopefully you hit on a couple of draft picks they're able to contribute to Marvin Overshoe comes back, makes a big.
Speaker 4: Impact, gets better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Scoomaker exactly, and you're able to guys all around, and you're able to develop, and hopefully at some point by the time you get to January, you have a better situation than you did in that Green Bay game. Right, that's probably the hope. But coming out of that, coming out of twenty twenty four, I think there might be a conscious decision as far as, Okay, we're looking at that if this doesn't work in twenty four, we're looking at that to rebuild, Yeah, because that's that's your earliest opportunity to do it. I don't think there's a need to do it right now because of everything that you have coming up with the next year, contract wise, on field wise, coach wise. But there's an opportunity to do that in twenty twenty five if you don't like the product that you see. So I don't think there's an opportunity to excuse me, I don't think there's a decision to rebuild right now. You still have a really good product that has won twelve games three consecutive seasons that you can throw on the field and probably end up with a ten win season and make the playoffs next year.
Speaker 4: And you know, we'll see. We'll see from there.
Speaker 2: You make the tournament, see what goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think once you get to round exit, yeah exactly. But what I think once you get to twenty twenty five, you look around the room, you see what's happened in the last four seasons. At that point, yeah, be like, okay, things you've got to change around here.
Speaker 2: I think that's a reality that Cowboys fans are maybe not struggling to accept, but just haven't necessarily accepted yet. Is Yes, this this is a team that they thought was good enough to get it done in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: It lost in the first round, got blown out by the Packers, and it didn't necessarily work out. But there's there's one last opportunity to at least give it a shot, give it a try, and if it doesn't work out, then you start all the way from from scrap.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, man, we're gonna have a fun time on this show now, Draft Blast, we're gonna have a good time cop picks rebuild.
Speaker 2: But even even with that, yeah, maybe a top five pick. With all of that being said, if you hit on your draft picks this year, it extends your window, but.
Speaker 3: I think they're looking at it. I don't think this team will ever be bad as long as they let them draft. Yeah, I think they will always figure out a way. And I know last year wasn't. We'll see what happens. But I always feel like that this team is in the ballpark when it comes to drafting, or they always they always have a chance. They let them add five to six players, they're gonna probably find three or four of those guys that can play. They didn't last year, but they have a pretty good history of doing it.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the window.
Speaker 5: The window is closed, but it's it's unlocked from the inside, and you're locked out of your house, and you need to get like a like a be's what the draft to do to get the window up so you can get back to your house. That's the draft. The draft is whatever you use to get in. But I think it's twenty twenty five. It's locked from the inside and you're gonna to break that window to get through the house.
Speaker 2: It could be Yeah, look at all this, Look at all the imagery that we're using to finish up the draft show today. I think you're right. I really do it and maybe it is. It's a slow it's a it's a partial rebuild at the moment. Maybe it's a not a conscious one, but it's one that you can maybe see in the future if you hit on your draft picks though, which they will if they listen to the Draft Show, they'll hit on their draft picks. But if they hit on the draft picks, then maybe you get an opportunity.
Speaker 3: I think Nick's right about his assessment though about this team looking for next year though too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it goes. Yeah, all right, that does it for us today here on the Draft Show. We'll be back on Thursday. I think both Brian and out and I are both out on.
Speaker 3: Thursday, so I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: It'll be a different, different look Thursday, the last.
Speaker 3: Time until the draft. I'm not missing any more damn days, trust me.
Speaker 2: I won't promise that one. I've got paternity leave at some point, at some point it will be here. But uh, but yeah, we'll be back Thursday, eleven am Central to talk it through really if there has been a move between now and then, how it affects things. And also look at this NFL draft for Nick Harris for Brian brought us Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yoman saying so long, We'll see you next third or coming up on Thursday with more of the Draft Show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.