Speaker 1: Hey there, everybody, welcome.
Speaker 2: We have our seventh gift in our holiday gift guide. It is Tuesday, December ninth, and gift number.
Speaker 1: Seven is the Surrey two point.
Speaker 2: Zero electric toothbrush. Maybe it doesn't sound exciting, it doesn't know.
Speaker 3: Another tooth but what was it? We had dental floss and.
Speaker 1: Electric electric flosser too.
Speaker 3: Okay, our iHeart team is trying to tell us something. Yes, right, keep sending us things for dental hygiene us gum next.
Speaker 2: I was concerned that, yes, giving this gift could send a message. But you and I both got our own toothbrushes. Very kind of them to send two over instead of just one of us trying it out.
Speaker 3: And they sent us proper colors. We didn't have to guess which one was yours and which one was mine. Thanks, iHeart yours.
Speaker 1: This black mine is white. Yes, I guess we could have mixed it up.
Speaker 3: Why keep it simple?
Speaker 1: Stupid? All right?
Speaker 2: We will tell you what we thought of this particular electric toothbrush in just a moment, But first let's get to what the company how it describes its product. Suri is an electric toothbrush designed to last.
Speaker 3: Say the name again, Suri, How you spell.
Speaker 2: It's spelled like surre s u r i, but it specifically tells me that the pronunciation is.
Speaker 3: Sue re surrie. Al right, Suri.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: More than a billion toothbrushes, they say, get thrown away each year in the United States, Did you know that? But SURI is reimagining oral care with fewer, better, longer lasting essentials. So it claims this is an award winning toothbrush that features a sleek aluminum body and recyclable plant based heads from cornstarch and castor oil bristles, which can be returned to SURI for free through their recycling program. So if you are very into being or purchasing eco friendly gifts, this is certainly among them. It says the toothbrush was designed with dentists and delivers thirty three thousand sonic vibrations per minute for a powerful clean without unnecessary gimmicks. They say the toothbrush is slimmer than other electric brushes and the battery lasts this is pretty remarkable for more than forty days with one charge.
Speaker 1: Okay, And here is a really cool feature.
Speaker 2: There's a travel case that comes with this toothbrush, and it recharges the brush in four hours, and it has a built in UVC light that kills they say, ninety nine point nine percent of bacteria on the brushhead in just one minute. Also included with your gift package is a magnetic mirror, a mount that keeps your sink clutter free, and the brush has two modes you can do clean and polish, plus a two minute timer with thirty second haptics that reminds you when to move the toothbrush to different parts of your mouth. I guess that might be a feature more for kids, not necessary for us adults, right, But I.
Speaker 1: Actually had fun brushing.
Speaker 2: I was kind of excited about brushing my teeth last night and this morning, and you did your first try.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it. Where you mentioned a lot of really cool features. Okay, it sounds like when you're buying a car, they start throwing in new features and all of a sudden, the cars the price is going up twenty thousand from the sticker. I'm not I don't have any idea how much this thing costs, but it sounds like might get up there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, electric toothbrushes, good ones tend to be more expensive. That's why they are a good like you would consider giving this as a gift to someone you love, or maybe even for yourself, because they are pricey, so they maybe require a special occasion to purchase. I have to say, I'm somebody who has been over the years. I will go to CVS and spend fifteen bucks on a vibrating toothbrush. I do like the idea of them, but I have always gotten the cheap ones period, end of story.
Speaker 1: I never invested in.
Speaker 2: I mean, they last for a long time, probably longer than I should keep them years, so.
Speaker 1: Well, at least a year. I mean.
Speaker 2: And you can change the battery too, so you can keep the but the bristles, you know you can. I guess you can change the heads in some of them.
Speaker 3: But you got me one of those once, and you were keeping it as short place, and the entire time it was there, I didn't realize it was electric. I thought there was a regular toothbrush. I didn't know the button was down.
Speaker 2: I think you accidentally pressed it like six months into and you're like, WHOA, I didn't realize this toothbrush actually was like a moving bristle toothbrush.
Speaker 3: Because those cheepo's, as you say, look like regular toothbrushes, and they're small and they just have a little button then they get the job done. This one we're talking about what we see as electric toothbrushes these days, are these big, holy shit packages of big things with batteries, and they're big, chunky.
Speaker 2: Clunky, cry take up a bunch of space on the counter and there. And maybe that's one of the reasons why I've shied away from it. But if I'm being honest, I just never wanted to spend the money. And I know that my dentist. I'm sure a lot of folks here directly from their dentists saying, hey, if you get an electric toothbrush, it actually makes a huge difference in terms of the next time you come for your cleaning. It's not going to be as painful, there's not going to be as much scraping. You're going to have a better experience and probably fewer cavities. So my solution to that was to go and buy the cheap electric ones at CVS.
Speaker 1: And that's how I have always rolled.
Speaker 2: And you don't even do the electric, you just do old fashioned, as old school as to get.
Speaker 3: That's what I use and probably why I got problems with the dentists often, but we have if we start going through our closets, we got five electric toothbrushes sitting around because they've been given to us in one way, form or fashion from somewhere in someplace that somebody said, and we just never use them. I actually hate having them sit on the counter and plugged in in chords. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's an issue as well.
Speaker 2: So I haven't set it up yet because I wanted to see how we felt about this. But they do have and we have a sleek mirror that we can put them on and they stick right on the mirror and they stay there. And then to charge it, all you have to do is go put it back in the case. Sounds like once a month and it recharges in four hours.
Speaker 3: But the case needs to be plugged in.
Speaker 2: Correct, but not all the time. You would just plug it in when you needed to charge it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a question. Does the does the thing that charged the case that charges the toothbrush? Can it be charged itself and you can correct essentially remotely be charging yours as you travel if it's in there. Okay, Now that's a good feature.
Speaker 2: It's a great feature, and I actually put on the blue light and it did feel like that sounds awesome to think because it seems gross, especially when you're traveling you've got your toothbrush trapped in a case or in a plastic baggie. It just feels like that is a breeding ground for bacteria. So I love the idea of having some you know, a blue light kill all the bacteria while it's being transported or while it's staying in its case. I think that's a really cool feature that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, again, you're adding up all these features. Now this is I'm getting nervous about how much this toothbrush is.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let me ask you this first though, How do your teeth feel? How did it feel brushing with that toothbrush?
Speaker 3: You know the highlight that I like electric toothbrushes, even though I don't use them, I will absolutely say this is the best feeling one I've ever picked up. They whatever they've done orgonomically and weight distribution wise, it's something about holding this one that feels different. It doesn't feel heavy. That was the first thing I noticed.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I felt like it's so funny.
Speaker 2: It felt like like you made a car analogy with all the different bells and whistles, but actually it felt like like the most luxury vehicle ever.
Speaker 1: Like this, you could tell.
Speaker 2: This just felt like it was doing what it was supposed to do, but it felt luxurious while you're doing it. I know that sounds crazy, but I enjoyed brushing my teeth the last two times, and they feel really good. The buzzing it was actually maybe because I get the cheap ones and they're kind of harsh. This felt so soft, like it was almost tickling my gums, but it was doing the job.
Speaker 3: Do you agree, Well, you went from the Pinto of toothbrushes to the BMW five series essentially exactly, so yes, it's gonna feel better.
Speaker 2: So I loved this toothbrush. I love the way it felt, I love the way it looks. I like its leek design. I like how it's so lightweight. I love the fact that I can get the bacteria off the bristles. There was nothing I didn't like about this toothbrush.
Speaker 3: I did have the one question, how often do they recommend before you replace those heads?
Speaker 1: That I do not know?
Speaker 3: Generally? Isn't it a matter of months? A couple to a few months, take.
Speaker 2: Some time, and like I said, they are actually offering you to return the the brush for free and it goes into a recycling program. So I'm not I have to get into that part of it, but it's a cool concept that nothing goes to waste.
Speaker 3: Do they come with replacements?
Speaker 2: Ours did not come with a replacement head, but you get a really cool head cover to protect it so it lasts for a long time.
Speaker 1: I'll have to check out can I.
Speaker 2: Can get you that answer in the break because I don't know how often you need to replace it and what that replacement looks like.
Speaker 3: You're talking about this, so we were talking about the other thing as a gift, and you need to know what you might be requiring somebody to pay for some extra heads. Yeah, that was one of the first things that came to mind. Sorry, I'm sorry. I jump around and I ask questions and I put you in a bad spot, and for that I do apologize, But that was the first I am so itching to know how much this thing costs. And if you all don't know, we've been doing these gifts. Robot is kind of in charge of them, and I'm finding out about them. A lot of times. The first time just when you all are so this brush is one of those do they try? Is this a company that's been around a while? Is this a new product for them necessarily?
Speaker 1: Well, here was what I can tell you.
Speaker 2: This is the two point zh This is the new Sonic electric toothbrush from Surrey.
Speaker 1: They have a one point zero.
Speaker 2: So I do know that they've been around at least to have a second iteration of this toothbrush.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you this is to me. I think a lot of people buy.
Speaker 2: Their gifts based on Amazon reviews, and the Amazon reviews are through the roof.
Speaker 1: Here is an idea.
Speaker 2: Ninety four percent of the reviews, and there were a lot of them, were either four to five stars. And to break it down, eighty one percent of the reviews were five stars, thirteen percent were four stars. Only one percent of the reviews were bad. And when I look to see what those were, it was like they claimed, they make it seem like this is made in California, but actually it's made in China and the UK, and I'm upset about that. Yeah. The other one was that they didn't like how the charging head was a specific kind of.
Speaker 1: True anyway, it wasn't about the performance.
Speaker 2: It was definitely nitpicking and people who had specific needs that weren't being met, not generally speaking. And in fact, the reviews like were just by this. This is the best best toothbrush, period, full stop. My teeth feels smoother and cleaner than after a dentist office cleaning. Other people saying I'm buying one for my husband, I'm buying one for my kids. So I saw nothing but glowing review after glowing review.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find a bad one.
Speaker 2: I had to go and search the one stars and there were only three of them, and again very specific. I think that speaks of volumes about this product. So when we come back, we are going to tell you the very highly anticipated answer to TJ's question how much does this cost? Where can you purchase it? And will tease ahead to tomorrow's gift as well. We're back now with our holiday gift guide, and gift number seven is the Suriye two point zho electric toothbrush. TJ had a lot of questions that I initially could not answer, but now I have the answers on the head.
Speaker 3: You know, I apologize. I'll put you on the spot I hee, I was throwing stuff back, but I was genuinely.
Speaker 2: Curious you were being the journalist that you are, and I do think that a lot of people at home probably had the same question. And so yes, you, according to the website, should replace your toothbrush head every three months, and so you can get three heads for eighteen ninety nine on the website. That comes out to about six bucks ahead. So basically considering it would be twenty five dollars a year for replacement heads. And if you actually it comes with the first one. So if you're buying this as a gift, if you add it on a set of three heads for another nineteen bucks, now you've given somebody a tooth brush for a full year that they can use. And twenty five dollars a month is not a huge investment when it comes to if you think about buying toothbrushes and losing. If you just keep this one and you're just buying the heads, wait, how much is.
Speaker 3: That makes you?
Speaker 1: It would end up costing twenty five bucks a year for a year.
Speaker 3: Okay, you said a month.
Speaker 2: For a second, I'm meant to say, yeah, yes, okay, six bucks every three months.
Speaker 1: So basically it's twenty five bucks okay for take called. That's fairly reasonable.
Speaker 2: Now in terms of the actual price of this electric toothbrush to have a guest because you don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen the features you added, dad, man, it's hard for me to think this thing is too far under two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you're going to be pleasantly surprised. The retail price is one hundred and thirty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh, that surprises me.
Speaker 2: Yep. And right now it's fifteen percent off on the website on tri Surrey dot com. So it ends up being one hundred and five dollars. Go get it, get it, and everything's fifteen percent off. Some of the things are thirty percent off. They have accessories, they have travel pouches, they have toothpaste, they have all sorts of things you'd like to do. But I think this is so here is my biggest endorsement. I didn't even tell you this. I loved it so much. They sent us a few. We have one for Sabine. I went ahead and purchase too for avan Ana. They will love this. They will be excited. They travel a lot and to be able to have this The case is so nice that you can bring with you. So I think they're gonna love this. I really think they're going to be excited when they open this up.
Speaker 3: This is how sure we are that your daughters don't listen to our podcast that we're just announcing Christmas.
Speaker 1: So here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Ava does listen to our podcast, but I was thinking that maybe she wouldn't click on this one because it wouldn't seem exciting.
Speaker 1: That's wrong, I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: But I'll find out sure enough in a couple hours when she texts me about what she thinks about our podcast, if she in fact did listen past the commercial break even see that's an extra I'm taking. I waited until after the commercial breaks to announce.
Speaker 3: I know Sabine's not going to be listening. So should we do we wrap it and put it under the tree.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think we should rap it because I'm going to wrap the girls, so we'll put them all under the tree.
Speaker 1: I got them pink and blue and got green, exactly. I did that on purpose. Everybody white flack.
Speaker 2: I actually made sure all the different colors because we do travel together and call.
Speaker 1: Everybody's going to bring the done sweetheart.
Speaker 2: That is good thinking, all right, So we're excited anyway, full endorsement from this household. And I really do think this is a great gift to give someone again, who wouldn't be offended that you were giving.
Speaker 3: Them As of note to people, should be they to welcome an increase height, don't give them the ordorant.
Speaker 1: Yes, but this is nice.
Speaker 3: Look those son I bought those things. So those are two hundred plus dollar machines, sonic care and whatnot. Great and fine, but this is one. You got to run out and grab this for fifteen percent off, I would say, we're running get this. This is the first one we strongly endorsed like this. This is the first one you've purchased. Yes, this is the.
Speaker 2: First one I went and got more of because I liked it so much to give as a gift for someone. So yes, full stamp of approval. Now for tomorrow's gift gift number eight. Sorry babe, but this is again something for the ladies. I think we have a lot of female producers over at iHeart, and they might have been thinking with their female brains about what ladies would like. So I'm excited to try it out. And TJ you're actually going to be able to weigh in on the results. So I'm going to use this product today and then I'll have you say what you think about the results or the outcome.
Speaker 3: How about that. Okay, there's a little.
Speaker 1: Tease for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, We appreciate you listening to us. As always, I'm Amy robockamongside TJ.
Speaker 3: Holmes.
Speaker 1: We will talk to you soon.