Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Good morning everyone, It's Tuesday, June third, and welcome to Morning Run. I may be Roeboch.
Speaker 2: You didn't seem sure at the top there, Amy Robock, I'm TJ Holmes and look, folks, hope you all are getting a good start to your day. It's just a rough news cycle to the point that we couldn't take any more news this morning. And we are right now looking at a TV with reruns on it because we just needed something pleasant in the back.
Speaker 1: You be honest, what the rerun is?
Speaker 2: I'll sudden you up to tell them I have no problem today.
Speaker 1: Right now we are watching Golden Girls. That's a first for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know what, folks, in all seriess is just because the news cycle, there's so much negativity out there. There's boar, there's violence, there's even the damn eruption of a volcano. It just everything seems a little scary and even for us, so we want to put something on in the background.
Speaker 1: Betty White makes everything better.
Speaker 2: Yes, she made us smile, but we do have to get to several major news stories this morning on this Tuesday day Morning Ron, Yes, we will have more details to tell you about here in just a moment for the man charged in that Bolder terror attack. This man now is a father of five, we found out, and he said that he would do it all again and wish they all had died. We'll give you more of those latest details.
Speaker 1: Plus we have an update from a Manhattan courtroom. Sean did he Comb's lawyers accused of badgering a key prosecution witness in another contentious day in court. And one of the escape New Orleans inmates shows up on social media to defend himself while managing to remain on the run from authorities.
Speaker 2: Also on the run this morning, Mount Etna sends folks running with a spectacular eruption, but Italian officials say there's nothing to worry about. Also, one airline says expect airfare to be at historic lows this summer. There is a catch, though, you have to fly out of one particular problem prone airport. Also, Trump is treating his president portraits like Instagram selfies. Don't like it, change the filter and repost. We'll explain why the presidential portrait is already robes being updated. He'd just put a new one up when he was inaugurated, and already there's a new one with yes, a new filter conder.
Speaker 1: I think that's so funny. I didn't even imagine likening it to changing your your Instagram selfie, but that is exactly what he's doing. All right. We will get to that in just a moment, but we have to begin our run once again in Boulder, Colorado, where there are more disturbing details about that terror attack along Pearl Street. Forty five year old Mohammed Sabury Solomon has been charged with a federal hate crime and sixteen counts of attempted murder after police say he attacked that group of people who were peacefully demonstrating for the release of Israeli hostages.
Speaker 2: And the police say Solomon used a Molotov cocktail, burning twelve people ranging in age from fifty two to eighty eight, all while shouting Free Palestine. The FBI also said Laoman had sixteen unused Molotov cocktails that were within arm's reach when he was arrested. Ones in custody, Solomon reportedly told investigators he wanted to kill all Zionist people and wished all of them dead. Also, he had zero regret. Reportedly saying he would do it all again.
Speaker 1: Solomon also told investigators he had been planning this attack for more than a year, delaying his plans until his daughter graduated from high school. Yes, Solomon is a husband and a father of five. He is also in this country illegally, authorities pointed out after his tourism visa expired in twenty twenty three. He then got a work permit, but that expired in March.
Speaker 2: The court document's show Sunday's attack could have been far worse. He took classes to learn how to fire a gun, but he couldn't purchase one because of course he's not a legal citizen. A judge has set his bond at ten million dollars. He'll be back in court later this week.
Speaker 1: All right, Next up on the run this morning. A key prosecution witness wrapped up her third day of testimony Monday in the Ditty trial, which was described as combative at times. She's been testifying under the pseudonym Mia to protect her identity, and she spent much of the day holding her own against intense cross examination from defense lawyers who've been trying to chip away at her credibility.
Speaker 2: A reminder hear Mia worked for years as an assistant to Sean Combs, and in addition to witnessing alleged violent and abusive behavior by Ditty, she claims the music mogul raped and sexually assaulted her on several occasions over the years. The defense tried to use her own words against her by showing numerous texts exchanges in which she praised or expressed love and adoration for cons.
Speaker 1: She defended those exchanges with Combs by saying she was brainwashed by him. At several points, defense lawyer suggested Mia had made up the assault allegations against Combs and even said she joined the Me Too money grab against Ditty. There were several prosecution objections during the cross examination, and at one point prosecutors complained to the judge that the defense was badgering the witness.
Speaker 2: Now, Mio wrapped up her testimony yesterday and after that a custodian from the Beverly Hills Hotel took the stand. This is one we wondered openly, like, wow, I wonder what a custodian could possibly tell, And well, we did get an idea. She walked the jury through some of the hotel receipts from Diddy's hotel stage and kind of broke down some of the items that were on there. One receipt that was shown had an extra charge for drapes that were quote soiled beyond what is normal end.
Speaker 1: Quote ew and another showed a five hundred dollars charge for oil damage. A security guard from an La hotel is expected to be called to the stand first this morning, and a third alleged Comb's victim, who is another Jane Doe. She's going by the name Jane I believe, is expected to testify it this week as well. All right, next up on the run, One of the two remaining escape inmates may have been found on social media pleading his case to the public all while still at large. In a post that has since been deleted, it appears it's thirty two year old and Twan Massey, who is arguing that he is being unfairly named the mastermind behind the jail break.
Speaker 2: Okay, Massey says to camera, they say that I broke out. I didn't break out, I was let out. He also goes on to say that he left jail because he was being charged for a crime that he didn't commit. Sure, he's the first person ever arrested to say that Massey was being held on charges of domestic abuse involving strangulation and motor vehicle theft. And he's also wanted on suspicion of kidnapping and rape.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he apparently has a lot of experience getting out of custody or as he puts it, being let out of custody. Please say this is his fifth attempt at escape if you include that time or two when he cut off his ankle. Monitors, Massey is one of two men who is still on the run after a total of ten inmates escaped from a New or Lynch yald. This happened all the way back on May sixteenth.
Speaker 2: Okay, he has some other things to say on social media. Took issue with one of the people arrested in helping the inmates in their escape, jail maintenance worker Sterling Williams. This was the first guy who was identified and arrested. A police say he turned off the water to the toilet, which allowed the inmates to then rip it out, and then there was a hole in the wall they could run out of. So in his video, Massy says that this guy, Sterling, flat out lied on me saying he never threatened to shank him. That was William's original story, that the reason I cut off the water. These guys threatened that they were going to hurt me. That's why I threw it off. Then he changed his story after he got a lawyer, after he got arrested and said no, no, no, no. Another guard actually asked him to shut off the water after a nearby toilet overflowed, so he was just doing his job, ropes.
Speaker 1: I do find it somewhat humorous that Massey, with all of the things he's accused of, wanted to correct the record on two things in this social media post. He was not the mastermind, and he never threatened to shank the prison guard. So here those are the two things he needed to set the record straight on.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think he might be telling the truth on those. You know what. You remember when you were a kid, you get accused of stuff all the time by your mama, and you're usually guilty, and then the one time she says something you didn't do, you go crazy. Ah no no, no, no, no, no. It's that thing to where all he didn't talk about any of the other stuff, but those two things I want everybody to know he might be telling the truth.
Speaker 1: Is a little bit humorous and a very serious story. By the way, there is a fifty thousand dollars reward for information leading to the recapture of Massey and the other inmate on the loose, who, by the way, is a convicted double murderer, Derek Groves. There's a lot of concern over that guy being on the loose. Police continue to warn residents. Yes, both men are armed and very dangerous.
Speaker 2: What did you say was the number up to that there were more people who've been arrested for helping the guys than we saw.
Speaker 1: Fifteen fifteen people and counting have been arrested either before, during, or after helping the inmates escape. And yes, those two men are still on the loose.
Speaker 2: Some of these details are wild, but you have to remember they have been under siege and fearful. They're in the community in New Orleans for a long time. These guys aren't just wanted for petty theft. This is some of the most serious stuff out there.
Speaker 1: And they're getting help from people harboring them or at least allowing them to stay out of prison where police are reminding everyone that's where they belong.
Speaker 2: All right, folks, we'll continue our Tuesday morning run with this and Robes we don't say this often. We wish we were back on TV doing the news right now, just for this one, this one story though. Yes, we wish we could show you this, because the pictures are incredible. Europe's largest and most active volcano, Mount Etna, has been putting on a spectacular show, and we're going to do our best here to just tell you about it in the most descriptive way possible. Maybe you can go back and look up the images yourself, but we're going to describe it the best way of we. Candle or Robes going to do it for you.
Speaker 1: Right now, let me give it a try. Mount Edna, situated on the picturesque Italian island of Sicily, started erupting early yesterday, sending a large light and dark gray plume of gas, rock and ash miles up into the air well. That mix of gas, rock and ash might be spectacular to look at, but it's called a pyroclastic flow, and it is in fact dangerous. And despite the videos out there that appear to show frightened tourists running from the volcano, Italian officials say there is no threat to the population.
Speaker 2: Well done, I think you don't close your eyes. You took me there. Thank you for that. Mount Edna is as one of the most active volcanoes in the world and has had a dozen eruptions this year, but the current one is in fact the most dramatic that we have seen in twenty twenty five. It is important to note here all tourists are accounted for. There are a lot of social media videos out there, people running naturally you would, but they get a lot of tourists I have I've never been to Sicily. I al't know if you've ever been.
Speaker 1: I've never been to Sicily. That should be on our list.
Speaker 2: But one point five million visitors out there every single year, so it is a very popular spot. But the pictures.
Speaker 1: Are probably made more popular after that second season of White Lotus, which was set it was well, it was near Sicily. I think it was Sicily.
Speaker 2: I can't remember where they were.
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful Italian island that I would like to visit soon.
Speaker 2: They were just in Thailand. The first one was.
Speaker 1: Where the first one?
Speaker 2: Okay, really okay, now I think you okay, now that we figured all that out, folks say whether us we're going to continue our morning run in just a moment when we come back. You need to hear this. We are being told that the lowest airfare in history is going to be available for you this summer. There is a catch that catches the airport you have to fly out of. Also, one other story, people are crashing their heads. Why did President Trump need an update to his presidential portrait that just went up five months ago.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to our Tuesday morning run, and travelers out there, listen up. Book your flights right now because the cheapest plane tickets in history will be available this summer.
Speaker 2: Oh, no way that's the case. It's got to be a catch, Robes, what's the catch?
Speaker 1: You gotta fly out of Newark?
Speaker 2: Okay, so what you're saying here historically low ticket, fly at your own risk is what we're talking about here. Yes, Newark International. Sorry to dump on the all, but a lot of people have been a little nervous, including us. We've canceled at least one or.
Speaker 1: Two two We've changed two flights and switched airports and paid more money to so.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't have to fly out of Newark International. This airport has had a string of negative headlines lately. But say negative headlines. There's been negative issues, equipment failure, staffing shortages, ground stoppages, cancelations, you name it. But the United Airline CEO Scott Kirby did come out yesterday. He acknowledged that, yes, the headlines have turned people off from flying out of Newark. Newark of course a major United Airlines hub, so they're seeing planes take off that are not full. There are a bunch of seats.
Speaker 1: Available, all right, So Kirby said, this lack of demand has left, yes, a lot of seats empty, which will keep prices historically low. In fact, let's quote him directly, the CEO of United Airlines said this, it's going to be the cheapest it's probably ever going to be in history. I have to tell you that makes me want to go on United right now. Say my origin airport of origin is Newark, and see where the winds could take us.
Speaker 2: Would you take it? Though? Given all the issues there? I mean, how much of a discount do you have to have we canceled and paid more for a flight. How much of a discount for you to go to that area?
Speaker 1: The truth is, I wasn't that deeply concerned about safety. I was more deeply concerned about delays and cancelations and me having to deal with the headache of that. But I would consider it. The price be low enough. Okay, I have a price.
Speaker 2: All right, folks, Roebuck has a price we will give. Maybe we should follow up tomorrow and let folks know what we have books final leg. You know what, I already know where we're going, Okay, Navis, Oh, yes, obviously going on.
Speaker 1: Obviously I'm in Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: The final leg of our run. Here now President Trump's brand new second term presidential portrait that hangs you know the ones that hang at all the federal buildings. Well, it's coming down from all the federal buildings and it's going to be replaced by another and newer portrait of President Trump.
Speaker 1: The White House unveiled a new presidential portrait yesterday, and this all comes just five months after they unveiled his new second term portrait. Why the updated pick, We have no idea. The White House did not give any explanation. So what is the difference in the pictures?
Speaker 2: There's like, well, I guess it's I don't know maybe it's a little dramatic. This isn't dramatic. And the first one he's wearing a blue tie and the second one he's wearing his signature red tie. Not a big deal, he switched ties. The new one also has a black, solid black background, as opposed to the other one that had American flag and part of a wall behind him. Okay, fine, but here's the key. If you look at them and don't think anything of it, he does look softer and gentler in this new, updated one. Because a lot of people, you remember the first one, they said he looked menacing. It looked like his ten Yeah, it looked like his muckshot. Okay, they said, so they didn't give They put out a seven second video of them just putting up a new portrait and didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: That's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: He's an image guy. Maybe he just said I want a new.
Speaker 1: Picture, and maybe it was kind of embarrassing, so we figured if he just quickly put it up, no one would notice. You know, it's so embarrassing if you change your profile picture. I don't know if it still does this, but I think it's on some of the social media accounts. It sends out a message to everybody like Amy has updated her profile picture, like, no, I don't want people to know that that's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: You can turn that off. You don't have to put it out there. Okay, but he has a new photo and look, it's softer lighting on his face, and he does he looks. He doesn't look as menacing as he is in the first one.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well then I guess he made the right choice. We'd like to leave you today with something to think about as you make your way on this Tuesday. And again, we mentioned this yesterday, but we are going to spend every day giving you a new Gabby Bernstein quote. She is the amazing self help guru who we are going to share the incredible conversation we had with her over the weekend, So look out for that episode coming into your feeds. But here is our quote of the day. This is one of my favorites obstacles.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, wow, Okay, I didn't know. I didn't know I was done already.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, you're right. That was your cue to read. It's cool.
Speaker 2: Usually we usually do a back and forth thing, but I didn't know we were going more Roebok heavy on this particular episode, So go right a please, my love, please read it. Here is your quote of the day, folks. Obstacles are detours in the right I love that one too. It's so simple and poignant. It's so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when something happens and you can't you can't get through, you can't figure it out. You keep trying and it just isn't happening, that means you're supposed to go in another direction. And I just think if you can look at it like that, it can be less. It's less about being frustrated and it's more about being guided. And I do like that concept that the universe has your back and you got a trust in it. Obstacles are detours in the right direction. Thank you, Gabby Bernstein, and thank you for running with us on this Tuesday. Everyone. I'm Amy Roebuck. Oh.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say my name for me too. I didn't know I was supposed to still be talking in this one. I'm t J.
Speaker 1: Holmes.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys tomorrow.