Speaker 1: From Hollywood. See you, thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 2: Ryan Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Ryan Seacrest. Here, Tanya Sisany the back room and Easton, our engineer, was really struggling. So I don't know if this show is being broadcast or not. Easton, did you hook up everything?
Speaker 3: All hooked up?
Speaker 1: We're good to go. I had a little concern because Easton was up on the table here and he was plugging in and unplugging different cables and chords and so in a in a rare moment of panic, I was just you know, verifying that we're this is happening.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: In Easton's defense, there was someone that came in here last night and moved a bunch of stuff around because like my bunch.
Speaker 2: Of was missing.
Speaker 1: Who was sleeping in our bed?
Speaker 2: H my trash can was moved?
Speaker 1: Someone was sleeping in our bedroom? Yeah, so who? Well, isn't it you that comes in with EJ that does the vibe.
Speaker 6: Use the studio?
Speaker 1: Oh we're not.
Speaker 6: No, I don't know the studio.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you couldn't that true? Mark, you produce something that's news to me for scrubbing? Is it for the vibe.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He told you that.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you make a studio that I go to that.
Speaker 1: Totally last night moving things around.
Speaker 6: I was not around.
Speaker 1: So why why would you not be able to use that?
Speaker 2: You're not not allowed. You just don't use it.
Speaker 6: Well, why don't we so much nicer than the one we use for the vibe?
Speaker 1: But you use this for scrubbing in? Yes, well you should just recruit the vibe or bring them over. It will be thrilled. All right, Well, how is everybody sisiny? How is your evening?
Speaker 5: I am good, but you know, I went to bed a little earlier than my usual bedtime. Therefore I woke up earlier than my usual awake time. So this is the issue. I have to go to bed when I go to bed, which is usually like eleven eleven.
Speaker 1: When you go to that, or when you're hired, you mean you're forced to be eleven because you get everything done and then it's.
Speaker 5: Away kind of yes, exactly, And I'm usually tired ish around eleven, but I was more tired earlier last night, so I went to bed at ten and will crar me off.
Speaker 2: I will go bet like three.
Speaker 6: He's checking his sleep schedule.
Speaker 1: Well, if we're talking about sleep, I have the data mine I.
Speaker 2: Will sleep five hours a night, no matter what.
Speaker 5: It's like, it's so strange, it's like, no matter.
Speaker 1: What, how do you know it's five hours.
Speaker 2: Because it's always five hours. I've got to be a ten. I'll week up a three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here you are. Well, mine's gonna be bad news. I can tell you right now. So I have this thing around my finger ring that tells me the data of how I slept, hooked up to my phone via por ring. It's your ring, that's right, it's that thing, and it's downloading for a long time. So yeah, it's gonna be bad. I know it's gonna be bad news.
Speaker 5: But you know what else is good this week is that Maxim is the star student at school.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: That they like you rotate, They picked kids every week.
Speaker 5: As I got it back in February, so he has waited like months and months.
Speaker 1: Mom, why's she get it? Four? Like his behavior change when he's the star student.
Speaker 5: Well, he just gets you know, he gets to be so excited. He got to make a poster with all his pictures that gets displayed like on the wall. And he gets to show off his talents and bring like his favorite books to class.
Speaker 1: Such a good program, right, and you feel special that time whole week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you help out the teacher. You like the teacher's aid. It's really cool.
Speaker 1: I loved being the teacher's aide. I got to leave the classroom to pick up copies.
Speaker 2: Right right, little like barons around the schools.
Speaker 1: So cool to be out in the hallway when everyone's in class. Well, bad news for all you guys.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it didn't download.
Speaker 1: It did it did download? Okay, it's what it downloaded. It's a problem. I got what's going on? I got what's today? Well, here we go. I got a fifty percent score out of one hundred.
Speaker 2: Yes, I could tell you that I might as well slip the five hours of me.
Speaker 1: I just you sense that I didn't sleep well?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really yeah? Why just vibes, stop plugging your show. I was in bed for it says, I was in bed for six hours and two minutes and I got four hours and twenty two minutes. I feel that, Yeah, I felt like in my forehead, behind my eyes, it says, beware, you didn't sleep. Beware, it won't be efficient blah blah blah, bad bad, bad, bad bad. The only thing you did was I was breathing. Well that's good dad. Yeah, we're looking at good news that I was breathing all night.
Speaker 6: At least he's some great cute for you.
Speaker 1: I would love something cute.
Speaker 7: So remember back in January, we did like a horoscope that was the most like romantic day of the year for each zodiac sign. Yeah, Robbie wrote it down my most romantic day and it's today, and he like put it in his calendar.
Speaker 1: Best day of Tanya's year. Yeah, because you're a cancer.
Speaker 6: Because I have a cancer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So he's planning at date night tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's so cute for you. That's good for you. For you, I was gonna be keep for us.
Speaker 2: I thought so too.
Speaker 6: What's cute for one is cute for all?
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think you might do?
Speaker 6: I mean it's a school night, so probably dinner. But I thought I was sweet. He sent me a nice text.
Speaker 1: He's a good one. I like him. After seven o'clock, I'm gonna play our favorite game, the Match Game.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: For Disneyland tickets Mark Disneyland Resort tickets. Okay, all right, So what's going on with your flowers being stolen?
Speaker 2: Well, there is and I mean I don't know her name.
Speaker 5: Even if I did, I don't think I would say it, But there is a woman in my neighborhood. She seems like a very nice woman, and I have seen her on a walk. I see her walks all the time. But you know, like with all the rain, we've gotten so many flowers, yes, yes, and they're blooming everywhere, and they look so beautiful, vibrant, vibrant. Everyone's lawns look so nice. And so I noticed the other day that she was on her walk and she had a bunch of like she was holding a bunch of flowers like in her hand, and I didn't think anything of it. Then the next day, or maybe it was a few days later, I saw her again on her walk and actually saw her clipping.
Speaker 2: Flowers with a clipper with a clip your scissors.
Speaker 1: She premeditated the clip, yes.
Speaker 5: And then I saw it again on my camera, like my ring camera. She actually clipped them from my She took some lavender from my front.
Speaker 1: Lawn is abundant and it's healing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It is it is what principle, So I mean, let's just talk principle here. She's taking your beauty, your your flowers, your guard your landscaping. Like what if it were your tomatoes, I'd beat like, whoa, I don't get so many tomatoes all the time, so it can't take my tomatoes. Lavender?
Speaker 5: Really no different, fine, I know, but I just think it's like it's essentially.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, trespassing and stealing.
Speaker 6: I just feel like I think she's.
Speaker 5: Doing what we all have thought of wanting to do. So I'm almost like, yo.
Speaker 1: Else's either not on their own.
Speaker 2: You all thought about it.
Speaker 1: No, I've thought about going into people's bathrooms and ping, but I don't.
Speaker 5: But I don't, but I know, I you know, I drive the same path to go pick up the kids from school every day, and I passed by it always step into their yard, but I passed by so many overflown bushes onto what is the street?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Would they would they really miss all these hydranges. I'm like, no, I could go there and just clip a few, And I'm like, I'm kind of thinking this lady's got a good.
Speaker 1: But to this lady who seemingly nice all you had to do is knock on Systney's door, and she would more than likely give you a pair of clippers in a battle.
Speaker 6: Wants to be bothered.
Speaker 1: No one wants to knock for anything because you're a knock. You think somebody's wrong, Like, yeah, you're not hit the floor and hide. Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 5: I don't really care because like the lavender is like kind of like at the bottom, but like I have a rose bush that's kind of closer to my front doors.
Speaker 2: Like what's going to stop her from coming?
Speaker 1: Like, oh my, we should take a sign that says no trespassing and put it everywhere and she'll know who's she is no trespassing or clipping herbs.
Speaker 2: I just think it was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: I think it is trespassing. But now I know not to knock on your door for something. Anybody knock on your door recently? No nobody knocks on the door, knocks on the doors anymore?
Speaker 6: No? No?
Speaker 1: All right, well a woman listening if it is serendipitous, sistany's not home right now? So clip. These are the five drinks they say are associated with a long life. Are you ready? Green Tea? I love it? Oh yeah, I like green tea, black tea. I don't drink black tea. Black tea. Yeah, it's tiny drinks them all. What's what? How do you feel after black tea? Is it caffeinated? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You? Okay?
Speaker 1: Over there, I'm tired.
Speaker 7: Yes, black tea is good. It's actually good for fertility too.
Speaker 1: Okay. Black coffee yay.
Speaker 2: I like black coffee too. Water okay, am I big jug.
Speaker 1: And are you ready? Five drinks associated with long life? The winner?
Speaker 2: Please say?
Speaker 1: Tequila red wine not so bad. Tequila will not ply beyond there, but of the lesser evils of spirits, I would put tequila on the top.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Today's quote Tanya Tisstaney, Yes, Mark Easton, while we're at it, you are not here to live. No, sorry misread that you are here to live, not turn, not distress, not to prove, not to even please just live. Why don't you that's good? FM headlines Well.
Speaker 5: The La City Council unanimously approved a two million dollars allocation for the construction of the sixth Street Park Arts and a river connectivity project. The construction schedule to begin in the summer, so the project will include a twelve acre park connecting the communities of Boyle Heights and the Arts District, which have historically lacked access to quality parks and open space. Knotsbury Farm will open into newly refurbished yes Thea Village area on May twenty six, just in time form a Moyal Day weekend. The new area will also include an updated version of the roller coaster Montezuma, the Fourbit and Fortress, new food locations, immersive entertainment and beautiful decor. The new restaurant Casa California and Baja Takio will also be opened in the newly designed area, and Imagine Dragons joined the picket line to perform a few songs for writers Striking.
Speaker 2: Outside of the Netflix building in Hollywood. How cool is that? You know?
Speaker 5: The band took to the Netflix picket line yesterday to show its support for the writers striking in La Dan Reynolds and Electric guitarist Daniel Wayne A Sermon performed Radioactive and whatever it takes on air with Ryan.
Speaker 1: Get everybody organized for match game. However, we need to do that with the panel because we're gonna play, guys. This is the one game that we play. Let me play some of those, but not that regularly. This one I like, so I got a bonus four pack of Disneyland tickets. Here two contestants on the line. Let's meet contestant number one for match game. Ronald. How are you? I'm good? How are you super good? You're gonna play match game for Disneyland tickets. Tell us about yourself.
Speaker 9: I am a preschool director and preschool teacher, and I have one daughter that would love to go.
Speaker 1: To Disneylandy okay, Well you can bring some friends with your daughter too if you win. Hang on one second, Marisa and Paramount Marissa, you're contestant number two. Good morning, good morning, so good to have you on. Tell us about yourself, Marissa.
Speaker 4: I'm a teacher at Bellgardens Elementary and I'm very glad to be playing.
Speaker 1: We're excited too. Now it's very easy. I'll give you a phrase with a blank in it. Our panel of Sisney Tanya, Ruby and Eastern Or Tubs will write down what they think should go in the blank. Then we'll hear your answer and see who you match with. Okay, who ever get the most matches going to Disneyland? You ready?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right? First one, ronaland beach blank, don't say anything, think about it. Beach blank, beach blank panel, write down your answers. Ready, Okay, here we go. Beach blank Royland, would you say boys beach boys? All right, let's see if we get to match.
Speaker 5: Sydney beach, I said, beach ball, Tanya, beach beach body, Ruby.
Speaker 1: Beach, I said, beach club Eastern beach ball. All right, well, no match, that was a good one. All right, stand by Royland. Marisa, it's up to you. Now here we go. Marissa, here's yours. Drive blank, think about it? Drive blank panel, right down your answers. Okay and usually Sistany's done by now, scratching her head. Ruby's done. Tanya's done. Sisney's not done. You're so confident. Wait, Marissa, drive what driveway? Driveway?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Sisney drive drive through? I mean Tanya?
Speaker 6: Drive safe?
Speaker 1: Oh Ruby, what did you say? Drive fast? This game tells me so much about everybody every time. Congratulations, Marissa, you got a four pack to Disneyland, and Ronald you have a daughter that wants to go. Yes, I'll give you a four pack two. Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Just as good for a teachers appreciation.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it is, Yes, it is We appreciate you enjoyed Disneyland. Thank you for playing the match game. That was fun. I've got some Jonahs Brothers tickets coming up in just a minute, but I want to shift gears and bring in Maria Manunas. Who's uh Maria? How long do you think We've known each other? Over twenty years?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: For sure?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well? Thank you for asking and thank you for calling. We saw the just to sort of get into it. First, we saw the news that you shared with everybody just the other day that you were diagnosed with stage two pancreatic cancer in January. And I'm wondering when you were told that news, what was your reaction.
Speaker 4: Your first reaction, Yeah, well, it's a neuroendocrint humor that's on the pancreas. And when the doctor told me, I it was so crazy because there's so many steps before that. It's like, first it was a radiologist who found the mass, and of my first words to him was like, oh cool, so I'm a goner. And then I rushed off to UCLA. They confirmed the MRI, and then I had a biopsy and they came back and they're like, it's definitely something. And then when you know it's definitely something, and you know what you know, which is the limited stuff we know about pancreas cancer is that it comes with uh swift, swift, aggressiveness, and it's not usually a good result. It's it was terrifying. I was horrified. And I saw you just days later, by the way, because when I came to Live to announce the.
Speaker 1: Baby, gosh, you just found out and yes, and you were having I just found outsh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I made a conscious decision to come because I turned around. So the story is I was going home to Connecticut earlier to be with my dad. I was so sad. I didn't want to tell him, but just wanted to be around him. And then we were going to drive into the city to see you guys and do the show. And as I was driving to the airport, I was having a lot of pain and I was like, oh, my gosh, I have to turn around. So they turned around. I didn't know if I was gonna end up doing the show. And then Sunday night, I started to feel a little better, and I said, Kevin, we need to shift this narrative and we need joy and we need love right now, and this baby deserves to have excitement around it and not sadness. And that's why we went well.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I remember, it's amazing you don't know what people are going through because I remember sitting next to you, Kevin, right there in the audience and you announced that you guys are having a baby together, baby girl, via surrogate, and we were so remember Kelly, I was so elated, like it was just there was so much excitement there. So Maria, what's happening now? Like where are you and what are they telling you? And what can we know?
Speaker 4: So now I am doing great, thank God, and we're covering from surgery. They got it all out. It was what they call well differentiated, so it was in one area they got clean margins. They tested everything. The pathology came back, all the lymph nodes, the spleen, the part of the pancreas they removed. Everything was negative. And so now they just have to do scans in six months to just make sure and then from there.
Speaker 9: It's every year.
Speaker 4: So it's just observing and making sure everything's fine.
Speaker 1: It's something that I'm just thinking about how you reacted to this and you kind of made a joke. I mean in that moment, right you said, oh I'm a goner. Yeah, I mean I will. Yeah. For how we would process and handle this kind of news, I've had it happen with my family, and I've seen my family react to cancer, but you do wonder, like, how would you react? And I'm also thinking about the fact that you're gonna be joined by this baby in what weeks? Months?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, babies coming this summer.
Speaker 1: The greatest, the greatest, most right, joyful, amazing thing to happen to you and Kevin is coming, and this doesn't this doesn't shade that at all, right, it.
Speaker 4: Did, Oh my god, it did at the time. So at first I kind of cracked a joke, and then I had to calm the guy down and like and console him because he felt so bad giving me this news. And when we left and we got confirmation the next morning, I woke up and I was just kind of looking at my icons on my mantle where I pray, and I just started guttural crying because I was like, I can't believe you would finally bless me with a baby, God, and then you would take me before I get to meet her, and it was crushing. Oh my gosh. Of course I was terrified. But then at some point I realized I didn't know the end to the story, so I couldn't start projecting it, and I didn't want to prophesize and catastrophize, and so I shifted and said, like my favorite Christmas movie fan Clauses come into town. I'm just going to put one foot in front of the other and I'm going to literally just take it day by day, step by step. And the crazy thing is Riy Is my best friend called me. She texted me in January. She goes, I need to talk to you tonight. Some news I need to share. And I go, oh my gosh, so do I and I sat down and we talked and she goes, I have stage one breast cancer and I'm like what. And then when she was done, I was like, well, not to one of you, but this is what I'm dealing with. And so the two of us were going through it together and we had each other. So it was a wild time. But yeah, it definitely was tough. But then, like I said, we came to do live and you guys filled this with so much joy. Your audience filled this with so much joy, and from then on it was just about recovering from surgery, or getting through surgery, recovering. My dad was here with me. He took such good care of me, cooked for me, made me laugh. We played Uno every night.
Speaker 1: And you love Uo and Skippo the spinoff.
Speaker 4: Awesome too.
Speaker 1: But you know, I mean, I I do look at you like family and we've worked together. I'm in friends for so many years and I had no idea. That's the thing. You just got to realize that you just don't know what people are going through. And to hear that you've made it to the side of the surgery, you've recovered, and that baby's gonna be You're gonna have your family in just a couple of months. That's uh. That fills our hearts with joy and exciting. And I know you're doing a lot of great talking about this on your podcast Heel Squad. You can check that out with Maria and Nuns and stay close. We'll be in touch. And big hugs to Kevin too. Thank you for coming on, Maria, Thank.
Speaker 4: You, Thank you, guys. Love you really appreciate you. Thank you, Thank you, Talk soon.
Speaker 1: Bye, Maria. It's amazing to think that she had she knew she was diagnosed with stage two pink reddit cancer. A couple of days later, she's sitting next to me.
Speaker 2: We're doing that show.
Speaker 1: We're doing the show. She comes on to announce that she's having a baby. Va Suraga. I've never known, and yet you just never know, like you just don't know what's going on right with people. You got to give people the benefit of the doubt when something doesn't seem right. You know, we're so quick to judge.
Speaker 5: So great that she's sharing this story, the kids. It's helping so many people.
Speaker 1: And I have to tell you, I don't know how I react. Yeah, I mean I would, I would, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know how. What's our strength?
Speaker 2: Strength is everyone's biggest fear is your health.
Speaker 1: That's a she said, a very aggressive cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah on air with Ryan.
Speaker 1: So Jenna, thank you for calling. What we know is that you're going on a work conference and you have an issue. What's the issue.
Speaker 9: My issue is that I interviewed with a company that's going to be at the conference, and obviously, when you're interviewing, you don't tell your current boss or current company, and unbeknownst to me, the company I interviewed with asked for a meeting with my current boss that I have to attend. So I'm basically coming face to face with the person who interviewed me, and I'm not sure what to do.
Speaker 1: Can someone explained to me one more time the dynamic here? So you're interviewing with another company and you're going to be in a meeting with your boss and that yeah, and your interviewer, yes, why what's that meeting about?
Speaker 9: They're trying to sell us some kind of service And I didn't end up getting the job with the person I interviewed with, so it's going to be a very awkward.
Speaker 1: Dioge because that person's gonna say nice to see you again, sorry didn't get the job, and you were like.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe you can shoot them a quick email before the meeting to be like, hey, I would really appreciate if you just didn't mention that seems.
Speaker 6: But they're not going to mention it. They're not going to do.
Speaker 1: That to you when they say nice to see you again, sorry it didn't work out, And then you're going to be put in a bad position.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're thinking try to nip it in the bud before.
Speaker 1: Right or just becoming with your current boss, this boss. Yeah, imagine you can't say, look, I was looking out of their opportunities.
Speaker 2: I should have put her foot in the mouth if she doesn't have.
Speaker 1: To to get in front of it.
Speaker 7: How would you feel if one of us did that to you, then he would always hold that grudge forever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you wouldn't like that.
Speaker 1: Try me.
Speaker 2: I don't want to try you.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, this makes my tummy go upside.
Speaker 2: Down, Jenna. I think you just shoot him a quick email.
Speaker 1: Before the meeting the other guy, the.
Speaker 5: Other guy, and you say like, hey, you know, in the off chance that that it gets brought up, just please.
Speaker 1: Really appreciate it if we just move on. Yeah, maybe the only way to handle it.
Speaker 7: I think they're going to I think you are making it up. You're preparing for the worst. But I don't think somebody that didn't give you a job is and I say, hey, sorry that didn't work out.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think they're gonna say them. But maybe it's just a quick like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think, Jenna?
Speaker 9: I think I'm going to send it email. That's a great plan and just say I'm looking forward to seeing you and then maybe see how they react from that. Yeah, because I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that that's I.
Speaker 5: Think you made that big of an impression where they actually are going to remember you.
Speaker 9: No offense, I no, no, no events taken. I do because I was in the final round of interviews, so it was between me and one other person, so they're definitely going to know me, and they know the company I work for, so I'm kind of surprised they asked for this meeting.
Speaker 1: But all right, well, good luck with this. It's a big decision. You'll make the right one. Take care. Uh, great advice, Ran, Well, I mean there's only two paths we can go in circles. Either she avoids it or she addressed it with the email.
Speaker 2: Are you yelling at me?
Speaker 1: You got to make a choice because you guys went by my back and applied for a job aparent I did not on air on air with Ryan Seacret. Oh boy, she's just arrived and she's coming in my mother. Yeah, she wanted to come in and see you guys in person in studio. I love that she's going to be joining to so we have a Connie Seacrest Mike setup Wice. It's the ed sheering mic, the only person to use that Mike since his ed cheering.
Speaker 2: He left his cup to By the way, it's still in the studio.
Speaker 1: That's weird. You have it.
Speaker 2: We don't want to throw it away.
Speaker 1: Why a cup? Throw it away?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 1: Sharon's cup that he drank his freaks me out.
Speaker 2: I took a picture of it too, Okay.
Speaker 1: I hope he's not listening. He's supposed to help me on American Top forty and soon and I should sell it back round. Please come get that.
Speaker 2: Do you understand right? Mich probably wants this.
Speaker 6: I said no, that's okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I was starting to worry about everybody. And Ryan, we're saving your kombucha too, yet so weird to very strange.
Speaker 2: I drank it.
Speaker 1: That is so gross. That cup is like crusty. What was in it?
Speaker 2: We think tea?
Speaker 1: You finished my k you started it.
Speaker 6: It was not open.
Speaker 1: I took a sip.
Speaker 2: Ew you drink his old k yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be good for your gut.
Speaker 7: I drink it right, I drink it after it. Look it didn't looks a big healthy bottle.
Speaker 1: It's one of those big bottles.
Speaker 2: Those are supposed to be refrigerated too.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tanya, I'll bring a fresh one. I'll bring it fresh one. Anyway, Connie's coming up. Let's get to this training port. So you've confused me going into this. This is a story about Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck. But you said something about short guys, so I'm throwing off.
Speaker 7: Yes, so there are benefits to dating a short guy. And here is why there are so many paparazzi shots of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck. We've seen them all over and people are always commenting about the fact that Jennifer Lopez walks a step behind Ben, and the comment section is always flooded with that, like why do they do that? They're never walking side by side, and now we know why. So she said Ben is six three six four and I am. I'm like five six. He's taller and his arms are like longer, and so I walk like a step behind just to compensate, which I'm fine with. So basically he has an illusion his long limbs like long arms, so she.
Speaker 2: Has to walk.
Speaker 7: This is so much God, I actually giggled when I read this this was an actual story. She said this in an interview, and then I think it was just Jared pulled it.
Speaker 1: And do you think she was saying in jest, like was she just kidding about it? Or do you think she strategically does this?
Speaker 2: We have to ask her what.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think she I think that she just has to do it because of the length of his arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it creates his visual yes.
Speaker 7: And I think, God, people in the comments, it's funny because I would read them, and people thought maybe because he's a gentleman, so like the woman.
Speaker 6: Should always he's leading the way.
Speaker 1: Keep her safe. Think my father for something. I can't let someone walk on the outside of the street, on the sidewalk, on the outside sidewalk, like I can't. Like I feel the same way as if this bar he's gonna block a vehicle if it comes over the sidewalk. I mean, but like in some in my head, I somehow think, yeah, I'm gonna be able to push that car off.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just chivalry.
Speaker 1: It'll soften the blow, It'll soften the Yeah, I'll be destroyed and just soften the punch. Well, yeah, I don't listen. I have to tell you. I know you asked just now in that train to report Ryan, do you think about this kind of stuff? I don't, And so when you ask him, just gonna answer you. I don't. I don't. I don't like Strategically, I would say that my significant other is well, is taller than me in heels, taller to me by a whole head. Would you say a whole walk side by side? Though we do walk side by side. I don't think about it. I don't know if she thinks about it.
Speaker 5: We're about the same difference in height too, Like Michael's a whole foot taller than me and I woke back.
Speaker 6: But does he have long limbs? It's his arms, I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, Jennifer is going to be on the show with us on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yay she is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this show right here?
Speaker 1: I love that. I didn't know that. How do you know that?
Speaker 6: It's in your calendar?
Speaker 2: In our calendar?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't read the calendar. I expect someone to tell me sooner. Tubbs just holding my mother's glasses as she gets in. You remember how this works. You can put your headphones on, oh boy, yeah, yeah, put them on. You can hear sistany An Tanya?
Speaker 2: Hello, Happy birthday, Thank you Happy.
Speaker 1: I just want you to understand something. Mother. The last person to use that microphone was Ed cheering in here. Oh no, yeah, do you like Ed?
Speaker 2: Isn't that great?
Speaker 3: He's so down to earth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she watched the documentary. She was talking to me about it last night.
Speaker 3: Actually, I like guys like that.
Speaker 1: Oh is that the kind of guy you like?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, well, mother, Connie Seacrest here, it's a birthday by.
Speaker 3: Day, Happy birthday, bday, Thank you guys. This is so special.
Speaker 1: So Sistney's twins just celebrated their birthday, and I thought that's a complicated thing to celebrate twins' birthdays as time goes by, because they're gonna want different things at some point. You you never had to deal with that.
Speaker 3: I just had to deal with Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: Christmas right, So I was born on Christmas Eve? Yeah, and Christmas so I ruined one of those.
Speaker 3: It's only one person.
Speaker 2: It's a different challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, what are you looking forward to for your birthday tonight? What kind of what are you going to have? Do you know? We're going to take her to a little place that does something significant. What is it going to be?
Speaker 3: A table side caesar?
Speaker 1: A table side caesar?
Speaker 2: So, oh that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Tonight. I'm guessing I don't know what you're going to get, but then maybe we'll be a little cake to celebrate. What's your favorite kind of cake?
Speaker 3: Mom, I'm not a good cake person. That's why you always get the ice cream dessert birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she likes a frozen yogurt sex, a frozen yogurt cake. I like the ice cream cake. That well, she got me into that.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I mean if if I don't like cake, then he doesn't get cake.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yes, whatever you say, Mom, do you feel deprived? No, not at all, do.
Speaker 3: You No, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: So I guess Tanya has a zodiac profile for you on your birthday today. What if zodiac profile mean? Just explain that to her.
Speaker 7: So because her birthdays May tenth, this is just kind of like the zodiac projecting of who Connie is. Oh, that's dangerous, No, that's actually you have a great one and it's actually very much who you are. So if you were born on May tenth, you are calm, down in the down to earth individual who believes in making an impact on the world.
Speaker 2: Checks out.
Speaker 7: You have a loving, kind and trustworthy personality that draws people in. You are also charismatic and cool and always know the right thing to say or do.
Speaker 3: I'm loving.
Speaker 6: You do not handle change?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Oh is that true? Let's dig deeper into that, and it might.
Speaker 7: Take you a while to settle down, but once you do, you are committed to someone for life.
Speaker 3: Oh you got fifty three years my.
Speaker 7: Father, and then your lucky numbers are two and six and your most impatible with Taurus Virgo and capricorns.
Speaker 3: What's dad leo?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 2: But Ryan's a capricorn?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, well that's right. Yeah, how many? Easy to deal with capricorn? When you say.
Speaker 3: Mom, can I say it on the air? Yeah? Easy to deal with.
Speaker 2: That, says get patient?
Speaker 1: Would you say patient?
Speaker 3: You forgot your patient's pants?
Speaker 1: Very familiar with that part of me.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 2: I just laugh at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the best thing.
Speaker 2: Don't take him serious, exactly, patient, I'm just laugh at him.
Speaker 6: It's so stressful sometimes.
Speaker 7: Really, yes, Because I wanted to take you to work the other day and you were like, I'm glad I didn't get a ride.
Speaker 6: With you because you were late.
Speaker 1: Well, she didn't take me to work because she was so late. I got in an hour before and I was waiting for her looking for her.
Speaker 3: You girls do a good job of putting up with him.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: Mark is laughing too, because he's one of the first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the crew.
Speaker 1: I just want to congratulate my mother, you know, she and my father, my sister and a team of people have run the Ryan Secret Foundation for so many years. We've got that media center at Children's Hospital Orange County, and coming up in just a few days, we're going to open up another one in Memphis, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. I love that you guys have just been an excellent job with that.
Speaker 3: It is just the most rewarding thing that we could do at this point.
Speaker 1: And it's really it's a Kiss FM studio with cameras inside children's hospitals in the lobby. So we're gonna open Memphis, then we're gonna open one in New York in September, and then Salt Lake City. Correct, So we'll have fourteen wow, well fourteen around the country. I know.
Speaker 3: I used to call him my grandchildren before I had Flora.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so now I.
Speaker 3: Have another name for the fourteen What are they? I don't know yet. Let's think of one.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do a contest. You can go to Ryan Secrets Foundation dot org though, if you want to see what's happening studios. Okay, name the studios there? All right, my love you, Happy birthday? Will see what are you wearing tonight?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I do have a I have a special dress. You haven't seen it?
Speaker 1: Oh great, okay, we'll take this surprise. It's like going to the I Ready music vessel with YouTube exactly. All right, all right, taculated love you guys. Love you must be your dress you didn't get to wear to the met gala. You didn't go to that, right, she.
Speaker 2: Was gonna wear the same one as Doja Cat.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: I want to get into this. Everyone is talking about this sober dating craze. This is the gen Zeer's latest way of dating.
Speaker 5: Let's just say you're not going to want to reach for the cocktail menu on your next first date.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what it's funny. I kind of think the way you say it doesn't sound like such a bad idea, because you could be fully on your game and you can obviously remember everything and you can be your best you like you can be quick? Are you quicker Sisney after a cocktail or not? Maybe you are?
Speaker 5: I'm looser, right, definitely. I feel like sometimes I can be a little bit more quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah if i'm.
Speaker 5: If I don't have a drink in me, yeah, So if I have a drink in me, I get a little bit more loose, a little bit more talkative, and that might help.
Speaker 1: Well, tiny, I a question for you, then, do you think I'm a better date after my coffee or after my cocktail?
Speaker 6: Coffee?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: Because you're cranky without it?
Speaker 2: No, I say cocktail.
Speaker 1: Huh. I'm gonna ask somebody.
Speaker 2: I like you a little buzzed.
Speaker 7: I don't think I've ever gone on a date sober? What sorry, first date? I don't think I've ever gone on a first date sober.
Speaker 1: When she arrives on every date after a six pack.
Speaker 5: And this is the difference, the difference of the two generations of like Millennials versus gen Zers, because they're saying that the new dating trend is not drinking on the first date, and gen Zers are the pioneers of this revolution. I guess you can say it's called sober dating. And it's not just the first date. It's literally a full blown movement. And we were talking about this. Do you remember a few months ago when I was saying that after dry January it was kind of continuing, and we were starting to see non alcoholic bars popping up in Orange County in LA and people just kind of wanted to continue Dry January and just stop drinking altogether and things like that. Apparently sixty percent of people have reduced their alcohol intake to improve well being and things like that. And now when it comes to dating, it makes sense to find a partner that wants to continue that trend with you. So gen Zers, when they go on these first dates, if they sit down and that person wants to drink, then they get the ick and they're like no thanks, or they're upfront about it from the very beginning, they say, I'm sober, I don't want to drink, and if that person does not cool with it, then that is a deal breaker.
Speaker 1: It's great, right, I mean, here's here's a chance for you have your kumbucha right here on a sober date, right, break it down.
Speaker 5: And it's not necessarily that they are an alcoholic or it's alcoholism related.
Speaker 2: It's more of just anhealthy lifestyle change.
Speaker 1: Well, cutting back, reaching for more balance, realizing you don't need it. Yes, it's great.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: The question is would we do it? I think I think I would.
Speaker 2: I mean I did it when I was pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, so you know you can do it.
Speaker 2: I know I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Johnny, you now know you can do it because you're with someone.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, no, And we've cut back our alcohol intake, like we've been mindful about it the last few months, and we really don't drink that much at all anymore.
Speaker 1: But if you do, what do you have? Wine or a spirit?
Speaker 7: Probably wine? But on a first date. I don't think I could go to a first date. It's like not a drink. I know.
Speaker 6: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, especially with this in encouraging sort of trend here, you could all right, black pink, Well, let's have some coffee, not you you have some mushroom tea before your date. Dina Manzell joining us in the studio. You know, it's just on that microphone a Dina who at cheerin. This is the last person to used that microphone. Have you guys met.
Speaker 10: You didn't clean it though, did you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, we do have his coffee cup that they kept apparently, Yeah, and we'll keep yours too. Is that we never met?
Speaker 10: I don't think I've ever No, I'm never personally madam.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 11: No, amazing, super.
Speaker 1: Super good guys, so so much to cover with you. We have new music that we're gonna debut here in just a second. I'm just curious. When people see you in the wild, we say, like out and about do they just walk up and sing to you?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 1: What do they? What's the what's the first most common reaction to you in the wild?
Speaker 8: Uh? Okay, it depends on the age of the person.
Speaker 11: Sometimes it's a the with.
Speaker 8: A toddler who knows nothing about the fact that an animated character is actually a human voice. And then the mother sticks the kid in front of me and says, this is Elsa.
Speaker 10: And then a kid like.
Speaker 8: Cries because like that fifty year old woman with brown hair is not.
Speaker 2: Traumatizing starring kids.
Speaker 8: Yes, but if it's some if it's like performers or someone from the queer community or any anybody actually, that they always say really wonderful things about how they feel empowered by me and my songs and really beautiful stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So well, you know your background's remarkable, right, So there's more than just the voice of an animated franchise.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I am more.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of Broadways sitting in this studio right now.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Broadways, Sydney.
Speaker 1: Are you a little Broadway? I feel like you're a little Broadway.
Speaker 2: I do enjoy going to Broadway. I don't know.
Speaker 1: A lot of think you present a little Broadway.
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: Actually, Like just like my theatrical when I want to dancing with the stars, I have that component for sure.
Speaker 11: The last Broadway show that you saw.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I know you're putting me on the spot. The Lion King. Oh really, yes, it still holds up. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw Hugh Jackman the last ones I saw Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 11: You did the Broadway and Music Man. Yeah, incredible, Oh my god, that was incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, did you see?
Speaker 11: I did not.
Speaker 8: But what I was going to say was what was incredible about it to me was that he and Satin got COVID when it first kind of came back and like they got COVID and then they came back and they were fine.
Speaker 11: I got COVID. I couldn't sing for like six months. I sounded.
Speaker 8: I sounded like Mickey mak something happened to my you know how the smell and the yeah yea yeah, am I bringing everyone down?
Speaker 2: No, but that must have been so it's perfect, but like being a singer that must have been terrified.
Speaker 11: Sounded like making down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was like this weird thing that where it paralyzed.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: It must have to do with the sense of smell, right and everything. Anyway, let's be more.
Speaker 1: But by the way, so Sutton Foster is it came back and wow? So good?
Speaker 11: Isn't that friend of mine so talented?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Will you tell her that we I didn't see her then because we were in the audience, but we tell that we loved seeing it. I was fanning out a little bit, so I was also looking at this. This is uh you were the first Tony Award winning actor to earn a top ten song on the chart. Yeah, which is a very Is there a plaque for that?
Speaker 8: I write it down all the time just to remember it. No, I it is pretty significant for me because so often. When when I got my first break in Rent in ninety six, and it was obviously a rock musical, but at the time I wanted to be sort of like Alanis Morse.
Speaker 11: I was writing all my own music.
Speaker 8: I was in rock bands and and so then I.
Speaker 11: Got Rent, which is this rock musical.
Speaker 8: But then when I got a record deal and I tried to work with all these songwriters and producers, it was really hard for them to They just assumed I was going to be like Broadway, and so it was always hard to cross over. So the fact that I have that in my resume that I have, but then if you think about it, the song is let It Go, which is extremely theatrical, and so it's like you never the rules, you can never pay attention to that. You just got to keep moving ahead. And yeah, it sort of change. And you know, if I would have listened to everybody that said, you know, you're too theater and you can't do a pop song, then yeah, never would have done it.
Speaker 1: And do you find that the rejection helps, Yes?
Speaker 11: I do, Yes, of course it does.
Speaker 1: I hate it, but I find it helps.
Speaker 8: No, I mean I yeah, I got dropped from that record deal, and then I didn't work for all those years before Wicked. There was like six seven years before I got Wicked. People don't realize that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so.
Speaker 8: Rejection, I think really helps keep you present and grateful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. So all right, we're talking about this is Denamon's out with this. Now we're talking about music. This new song. I'm going to play a debut Clipper this year in the second This is called Move. It's out this Friday's.
Speaker 10: Can I just tell you something about it?
Speaker 1: I want to hear.
Speaker 8: I was in London promoting Frozen two actually, and I like to go when I'm in London and surprise the guys, well guys, girls, everybody in between at Heaven. It's a gay thing. And so I go at one in the morning and I show up and I bring some tracks. I sing a little defined gravity and let it go, but I also sing some of my own music.
Speaker 11: And it's the greatest gig.
Speaker 8: There's like three thousand shirtless people, really sweaty, crying up against the stage.
Speaker 2: You know, I never had people.
Speaker 8: Up against the stage. I always very behaved because there is the theater audience. Yeah, so it.
Speaker 11: Was like I could have sky dived, which sky dived?
Speaker 2: Sky dove?
Speaker 8: I never know, I mean stage and it's not skydiving, it's stage diving. I got that wrong, but yeah, it's just and we had the best time. And so I just want to make music that I know I could show up and do that. And if I never go on a big tour and I'm never more successful in this, I could go to these clubs and have the time of year.
Speaker 1: So that's a question. Did you sort of in a way test this music in that environment and when you get that feedback, you feel like, Okay, this is going in the right direction.
Speaker 8: Yes, And so I just started wanting to write this music and I didn't want to overthink it.
Speaker 11: Everybody's you know, in the record business.
Speaker 8: Says you should do this big ballad, you got to have this song, and I was like, screw that. I just want to do music the grooves. But I want music that I can have big melodies and still be a big singer, because a lot of people now have these like these cool vibey voices, and that's that's great.
Speaker 11: But it's not me.
Speaker 8: I'm loud, I'm big, and so I wanted music and I feel like the disco of seventies early eighties dance music. It was down a summers even Barbar Streisan. I mean, you could put a big voice on top of these grooves and it was great. So Cher had her big dance song. So that was sort of my my permission.
Speaker 1: I gave myself, well, we're going to keep our shirts on, but we are going to pu that song right now from a Dina Monzel. I see the background, the background moving, that's a Dina Menzell move. Wait, you know what's great hearing that, hearing you talk about it, and then this is I mean, this is the greatest comment. People need to know how fun you are.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Don't you think?
Speaker 10: Yes, fun you're find sometimes I.
Speaker 1: Know you're very funny. Just all of your answers, your comments about the guys, you're like everything there is all fun like this and that song, that music is fun. Yes, thank you, that's good energy.
Speaker 8: I know I've played some serious roles, but lately I've been in some Sandler movies and that's been a little bit more fun.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 10: No, the uncut Gems was not funny actually.
Speaker 1: But it was great. I watched it with my parents, which was kind of a mistake. Some of the text messaging. Well, no, the text messaging. Oh it was like a provocative.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 8: That I well, that's why I'm calling a drama queen, because the whole album, because it's like embracing every side of yourself, you know, and yeah, I have I'm sometimes larger than life, sometimes a mess sometimes big emotions, passions, shy, fears, angry.
Speaker 11: All of that stuff.
Speaker 8: And I just want people to feel like they can be their authentic cells, whether it's in their lives, their music, their art, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: So Move is out Friday, and then I've got a taste of this. You two other tracks? Is this in building an album? Is that what's coming?
Speaker 11: No, it's coming. Yeah, it's all okay, it's finished.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what are you playing next?
Speaker 1: I have the traumatic Yeah that's dramatic. I mean, this is like I need to go out later than I normally stay out.
Speaker 10: Yes, there's Jake Shear some scissors.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, agen me.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 5: Now, well, Disney, let you incorporate some of his music and Frozen three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let.
Speaker 8: I you know, I navigate that a lot actually in my concerts because it's you know, like I was saying, yeah, I have all these sides to myself, and I don't want to censor all the time just because and hey, I love the little twelve year old girls in blue dresses.
Speaker 11: But I'm like a woman who's you know, has some life.
Speaker 1: People need to see.
Speaker 8: We're just husband and I you know, I have a truck driver's mouth. I'm from Long Island, East Coast, and sometimes it just comes out podcast.
Speaker 1: I do not need a podcast. Podcast, I'm being seriously, could be really provocative, and.
Speaker 11: That's want frozen three in the pocket.
Speaker 8: Still, I got to, you know, pay for school and then and then and then I just offend everybody and all right.
Speaker 1: Well, when you're ready, you call us do that for you, because I think it would be I already know it's going to be good. But based on this conversation today, and we have to be very very broadcasting.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's so great to see you. I'm very happy to hear all of this and know the many sides continue to grow and evolve, and the new song moves out Fridday, Dina Manzel, I'm telling you you're gonna leave and we're gonna like you more already, like this is we already likes you, but we like you more.
Speaker 8: Can I just say that I'm really excited that the timing is coming out for Pride, and I just really feel I mean, this isn't hopefully empowering album for everyone, anyone that doesn't feel like, you know, they're scene or whatever, but but especially for all of my friends. I have so many friends in that community, and I've learned so much from them about really just how how brave they are about, you know, being their authentic selves. And so I'm excited that it's coming out at the same time and I can party with them. I'm gonna be a Pride in a bunch of different cities and it's going to be a blast.
Speaker 1: Love you for coming, Thank you for having me very day on air on air with Ryan Seacrest. All right, you guys, thank you so much. Thank you is meet Tanya back room, great show, Thank you for being here. Twas fun, twas all right? What's next? You want to do a meeting? Sure? I said that, like Georgia, do you want to treat you want to do a meeting? Have a good one, guys. Tomorrow We're back with a Ryan's Roses here. Why don't two point seven kiss on. Thanks for listening so on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.