Speaker 1: Good break it down. If you ever have feelings that you just won't Amy and Cat gotcha covin locking, No, brother, ladies and folks, do you just follow Anna spirit where it's all the front over real stuff to the chill stuff and the.
Speaker 2: M but Swayne, sometimes the best thing you can do it just stop you feel things. This is feeling things with.
Speaker 1: Amy and Kat. Happy Tuesday. Welcome to feeling things. I'm Amykat and my feeling of the day while feelings plural excited and grateful because well, because my sister is coming to town. I don't think she'll care if I say that. She's coming down to go to on Site, which is a therapeutic place right outside of Nashville. I've been No shame can be very helpful for a lot of people, So I'm very excited for her with that. But she booked a flight a day early earlier than she needed to be here so that she can finally meet my boyfriend. Now her husband is coming to but he met my boyfriend a few months ago.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my sister is like the only person and that's weird because she's my person. My mom has passed away, my dad has passed away, so she's the representative of the family. I mean, they've interacted on FaceTime. But I'm just excited and I'm grateful for that opportunity because my boyfriend's leaving on a fishing trip with some of his friends and this has been planned forever. The next day and if she didn't come in the night before and then he's still there that night before. Just the calendar wise, the calendar part of this situation, it just worked out perfectly. And then he was supposed to get back late Sunday night because they'll return from on site on Sunday afternoon, and he switched his flight to get back earlier so that we can also have Sunday night together as a family. So I'm just grateful for the finagling of flights, Yeah, the of flights. Yeah, they finagled their flights to make it work. Like especially, my boyfriend already had his booked for Sunday night to return home, and I don't know if he had prepaid the part the kind of flight where you don't get charged to change it, but if you if you don't like I normally buy the cheapest flight option and then if something changes, I get a little screwed.
Speaker 2: But well, I will say, there's a certain airline that changed their rules and you used to always get your money back and now you have to buy like the nice flight in order to change it. So let's say he didn't have that. This shows how much he cares.
Speaker 1: So I'm grateful, yeah, and exciting. Yeah, because they're going to meet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's sweet.
Speaker 2: That's very different than my feeling of the day, which is I am annoyed, and I'm gonna use the word terrified.
Speaker 1: Annoyed and terrified. So these are you got two feelings as well, and they are opposite of them.
Speaker 2: There, Yes, So annoyed is twofold one. I'm annoyed because I've had this lingering cold for I feel like two weeks now and it won't go away. But also that's attached to a text message that my mother sent me. I will say the primary feeling was scared when I got this on a Tuesday morning. I would like to know how you would feel getting this message. Okay, okay, Tuesday eleven thirty three am. Just in case something happens, I love you.
Speaker 1: What I'm going I'm already scared. I'm going on a.
Speaker 2: Helicopter ride this morning. Oh okay, it doesn't matter, just in case something happens, I love you. I read that, and I was like, my mom is in Hawaii with my dad, So I was like, did something happen at the airport? Like is there I mean, you never know what's happening, like is there a bomb threat somewhere? Before I read the second part and then I got annoyed because I'm I said afterwards, after she had done with the ride, I just was like, Oh, that's really scary.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go on this helicopter ride? She said yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: After she went, I said, well now I can speak my true feelings now that this is over. If you ever are afraid you're going to tragically die, I'd prefer that you opt out of the experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that fair? I think? Yeah, opting out or like just don't also, don't send me a text message.
Speaker 2: That's but I'm glad she sent it to me in the sense that like, what if something did happen? So, but how does that help you? I guess I did already know that she loved me, like she could.
Speaker 1: Just be like, hey, good morning, love you and not freak you out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just am not a daredevil person. So I'm never going to do something that I think has a strong chance of killing me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I don't. I don't want to get in a helicopter. I have before I.
Speaker 2: Think what forore don't even remember what if Alex surprise you with the helicopter ride for like Christmas morning, and he was like, I have a surprise for you, you wouldn't go he gives you Okay, listen, I'm pitt a painting.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to get in a helicopter because my ex husband was a pilot, and even he was like, don't do it. Helicopters freak him out because of the physics Like an airplane. He can turn that into a glider if you will, Like if the engines go out, you can glide in a helicopter. If something goes wrong, you just fall. There's nothing to keep you up. So he doesn't like the physics behind it. He actually was in he calls it a controlled landing, but it was a crash landing that he ended up controlling very well. But his propeller. He was in a single engine aircraft, which means there's just one propeller.
Speaker 3: This a helicopter or a.
Speaker 1: Plane, because he doesn't ever want to be in a helicopter and the prop flew off the plane and he had to land in a body of water because he was in the middle of nowhere and the only way to get rescued was through a black Hawk helicopter came and threw a rope down, but that was the only way to get out of there because he was in the middle of like trees and mountains and a plane can't do that. That was the scariest part, he said that crash landing the plane, the repeller flying off, like, oh, that's really scary. But for him, the scariest part was during the rescue, having to get on a helicopter. He's gonna be out. I survived all of this and now a'm we gonna die getting in the helicopter, which he didn't. Okay, it's great, And I know there are helicopter pilots out there that they love helicopters and like they're great and all, but they just freak me out. So I know I'm not getting on one, and I'm kind of I love your mom and I'm sad.
Speaker 2: She got on one, but I'm happy she survived well. Also, my dad got sick during it, so I was like, was that even worth it? I just am not the kind of I'm never gonna sky dive. I'm never going to bunch and did that you skydive but you don't want to get into a helicopter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to ever skudive again. Ever?
Speaker 3: Was this like for work?
Speaker 1: Did you have to do it for my thirtieth birthday?
Speaker 2: Just live?
Speaker 1: Wait? Was it for work or for your birth I went with lunch box and another friend just we were like, wanted to do it and we could talk about it, but it wasn't an assignment.
Speaker 3: Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Yeh, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, you would never do it again.
Speaker 1: Never do it again. I don't need to because like my luck, something's going to go wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, something didn't go wrong, I know, but if I do it again, okay, I don't want to press my luck anyway. Mom, if you're listening, don't do that again. And thank you for sending me the text because it was good intentioned. But if you are ever afraid that something's going to kill you, and it is a what's it called? When you don't it's a volunteer experience volunteering. Yeah, I would like you to be around as long as possible, so let's opt out, or like, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Family meeting, so we speaking of flights and just saying things that just or doing things that feel weird. What are your thoughts on this? Because I was with my boyfriend and his dad and his stepmom. But they've been married for like ever, so this has been a stepmom for a while. So for the sake of this, I'm just say his parents, we're talking about a trip next summer that everybody will take on his side of the family. So there's a lot of people, there's grandkids, there's they're kids and parents. And I said, well, I have work, so I might have to fly to meet all there. And then his stepmom was like, I'm fine with that. I'm actually fine with all of us being on separate ish flights, like I don't want everybody on the same airplane. And I was like, she goes, I know, I know that sounds morbid, but like you could wipe out an entire family, And I thought, well, I get the idea of that in dividing people up, and some husbands and wives won't fly on the same flight because if they have kids, they don't want.
Speaker 2: Their So if they're going on a vacation, they're like, O, hey, you take the six D. I'm gonna I'll come in a nine, right, Like good luck.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I'll see you there, right, like we'll see who makes it which. But that's what I felt like when she said, like I know what she meant, and she wasn't saying anything like I get it thinking that way, and she's like, I know it's so morbid, right, And I'm like yeah, and also you're right, like she's not wrong, Like traveling separate makes sense. Then you're like putting this energy out there that like, well, we don't know what plane it's gonna happen to, but just in case it happens to one of the planes, not everybody's on it.
Speaker 2: I get that if you have kids. I actually like didn't need that perspective.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to bring that home and talk about it with my family.
Speaker 3: However, if I.
Speaker 1: You're gonna need your parents to fly home from Hawaii separately, yes.
Speaker 2: However, Patrick and I I either want us to die or live together, so we need we don't have kids right now, so if with kids are feel differently. But I if he dies, I'm going down with him. Really, Why we talked about this all the time. Why I don't want to live without him?
Speaker 1: That's really sweet.
Speaker 2: You're about to say that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I think it's really sweet. And I think you could still live a good life without him, but you would, you would learn, Like I think of my boyfriend who lost his wife and like now they have kids, so yeah, to take the kids out of it. Should I ask him, would you have wanted to die too? Don't because then if he says yes, I'll be like, Okay, no, don't. I think there's still life to be had, Like if you're a widow or a widower, that's probably true.
Speaker 3: Really, that's true.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't really want to die, but I think about the pain and I don't want to go to the pain of losing him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Some podcast has taken a turn.
Speaker 1: I saw someone posts the other day like, if you're dead, do you know you're dead? No? You don't know it Like, if you're dead, you don't know that you're dead. When you're dead, it impacts the people around.
Speaker 2: You, but it doesn't impact the dead person, right, I'm going.
Speaker 1: Somewhere with it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So she says that, and then she's like, it's the same thing if you're stupid, Like, if you're stupid, you don't know it, but it impacts the people around you. Well, sounds like that's like and she wasn't saying like stupid, She's like, if you make stupid choices, right, like you know, drink and drive, text and drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, So if that is the perspective of if you're dead, you don't know that you're dead, then I would want to be the dead person in the scenario if somebody goes down in the plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, this has taken a turn, and I didn't mean to. I think that you fear the feelings that you're going to have to have regardless, and you're a mental health expert.
Speaker 3: I know it's not healthy when I.
Speaker 1: Just have if like something were to happen, like we would not that it will happen, but we would be here for you. And I don't want you to fear those feelings, which brings me to something that I pulled about fear in fancy outfits, fear in fancy outfits. It's just a cue, way to put it, like excuses that we have. Someone's excuses are just fear in fancy outfits, okay, And so I can read you the fancy outfit and then the like or the excuse and what it's covering up somebody else has already done it, Like that's an excuse that you give, And really what's happening is I'm worried I don't bring anything special to the table. I like that. I mean I could do the I guess I say, I like that, and I use it a lot. People have already done this. I use the excuse a lot like I like to use that one.
Speaker 2: However, I will say sometimes that's legit, right, how do you decipher?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I just remember one time talking with a business consultant about an idea that I had that I didn't end up doing because somebody already did it. I forgot exactly what he said. It really made sense in the moment, but one of the things he said, before you do anything with this, you need to look in your area and see, Oh, he said, has somebody already done this? And if they haven't, why haven't they? Which was like, maybe this wouldn't like take off in this area, and maybe we don't have the people that would actually be interested. And then somebody did do it and it didn't go well because I don't think they had the people in this area for that. But I think that sometimes can be a legit not excuse. People use it as an excuse. It also can be smart to be like, oh, I don't want to do.
Speaker 1: This, like it could be valid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it depends.
Speaker 1: It depends love it. Okay, So I want to be sure first, like to want to be really really sure about something. Could be covering up. I don't really trust myself yet. It's too complicated. Could really be my brain is overloaded. I need to make this simpler.
Speaker 3: I use that one all the time.
Speaker 2: It's too complicated, I think. I say it's too much because I get overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: I told you I got overwhelmed trying to pick out a new screensaver on my smart TV. Too many options, too many options, and so then I jump ship, which brings me to another thing. This person curated this awesome autumn wardrobe somebody that popped up on my Instagram. Like cute stuff, doable, wearable, like nothing over the top. It could be cute at work, could be cute on a Saturday. Affordable prices. This fall look book that she put up, and I know she put a lot of work into it, which is great. Why am I the type of person that when I click on it and then I see all the options on LTK, I click on one and I add to cart, and then I have to go click on another, and I had to kart and I have to click on another, and now it's at another store. So now we're not even at Zara anymore. So we have gone to J Crew. So now I have two different stores open. And then I go and I click on another one and the genes are from Abercrombie. Okay, so now I'm I'm shopping at a third place, and I've done this work, Like I already have stuff in my cart from Zara, stuff my car from J Crew. They've done all this work, They've laid it out for me, They've made it as easy as possible. But now I have three shopping carts open and then I swipe out. So I dedicated this much time to my new autumn wardrobe that was going to be so cute, and I don't follow. I don't even follow through with any of the purchase. Nothing. I'm gone And I don't even know who that person was because they were suggested for me. I never go back. All I know is maybe if I pull up the Tzara or I pull up the j Crew, like, maybe that stuff's still in my cart. But yeah, if it's too overwhelming or too complicated. But then I thought, why can't I just carve out twenty minutes to sit there and do it and just execute it? This top from Zara was so's so cute.
Speaker 2: I have a thought, what is it? I think elt like to know it? What do you call it? LTK does not have a user friendly interface. I don't exactly know what that means, but I think you get what I'm saying. I like shop My is it the same thing?
Speaker 1: It's like LTK, but I have some stuff on Shopmay. But here's the thing. I even get overwhelmed about organizing.
Speaker 2: My own shop.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well that's a whole other it's a whole nother thing.
Speaker 2: I just think it's hard. Like you're right, you have to like go to the outfit and then there's all these things. Then you have to click each one and you have to buy it. In a different place and it should be like, you know, Okay, when we got married, we made a wedding website on the not or something like that. I don't remember which one we used, but what they did that was really cool and I've seen it has been really helpful to me. Wasn't helpful for me as a bride, but I think would helpful for the people that we invited, and it's been helpful for me. And other people's wedding stuff have used us their registry. Like let's say you go to Target, you go to Creighton Barrel, you go to Restoration Hardware, you go to Amazon whatever. They do this with baby showers too.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm going to a baby shower and this is what she did. Oh, I know what you're about to say, and this is what she did. I'm like, this is genius.
Speaker 2: So they on the website, whatever website you use to host the event, they compile everything and you can I think you can buy it from that website or whatever, but it's everything in there, and it just you can't. You can separate it by store or you can just want to look at the whole registry versus why I want to go look at her registry at Creighton Barrow. I want to go look at her registry at Target. I want to go look at It's you get to see everything right there by clicking one button. That's what we need.
Speaker 3: It's everything there. Click one button.
Speaker 2: I can just purchase it all, create a bundle or this is okay, my brain's going everywhere. This is a business opportunity for us. We have to ask the question, has somebody else done it? Why not for us to take what like to know it has done, looked at some problems that still are arising, find a solution and to fix it for people and create a whole other business where we now are creating bundles. You like that outfit. Here, here's what size are you. Here's a bundle ordered from all the stores. Yeah, it can be done, right, we have to have the technology.
Speaker 1: Surely, let's just build the app.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Let's hire let's get an investor and then we'll hire somebody to build that.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for the day. Like sometimes the future freaks me out, but then also I'm totally fine with if I'm walking down the street and I like a girl's outfit, like I just want to like like you know how you can pay for things with your phone. You just pulled it up to the reader. I just hold up to their outfit and it's like and then it ships it to me. Yes, yeah, anyway, it's too complicated.
Speaker 2: How do we get complicated?
Speaker 1: Another excuse that is a fear and a fancy outfit is I'll start it when things calm down. Really, that's I'm waiting for the perfect moment so I don't have to feel uncomfortable. Things never calm down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's never a good time.
Speaker 1: There's never a good time. I have to kind of have to do it. I don't have time that could be a fancy outfit for I'm not making this a priority right now. Yeah, that I feel true with like anything you want to do, or a relationship you want to nurture, a relationship you want to be in. Like I was talking about this with my boyfriend the other day because someone in our life was broken up with and he felt differently than I did about like, well, if he wanted to make it a priority, he could And he was like, I don't know that that's the case here, and I'm like, I feel like it's very much the case.
Speaker 3: You said that and he said, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was like, oh, I don't think that's what's happening here, and I was like, no, I think that there were certain expectations for person A and person B didn't want to make that a priority.
Speaker 2: I do think, because you know you've heard that thing. If he wanted to, he would. That sometimes applies and sometimes doesn't.
Speaker 1: Oh, it depends, it depends. It depends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think sometimes that really is like, yeah, he'll figure it out to an extent. Sometimes there are just other situations that are getting in the way. Or he might really want this, but I think this goes to what you're saying too. I might really want to make this work, but this is here on the tote pol when this is here, I want both, but both don't match up at the same time.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The final thing is it's not perfect yet, which sometimes can mean I'm nervous about what people will think.
Speaker 3: Because it won't ever be perfect.
Speaker 1: So they are just fears and fancy outfits.
Speaker 2: Well, I like that list because you can be honest and that doesn't mean that you have to do this, but I think it's good to be honest about why I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have a questions that don't come up for you, which I know this is a fun segment because you came up with it, but it's really a question of how you say something. What is the little toiletry bag? Your husband may have one and you travel with it and you put stuff in it. What's it called?
Speaker 3: I feel like you're asking me this because I'm probably gonna say it wrong.
Speaker 1: No, I say, I just learned. I've been saying it right the entire life. You said it right, okay, DPP dop kit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you know? I thought it was a doc kit? I've always said doc kit. I want to get my boyfriend a dot kit for Christmas. So I was googling it yesterday and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, doc kit, nobody sells these anymore.
Speaker 1: And then I see it's saying Dopps and I'm like what because I always thought, you know how, back in the day, doctors would do house calls and they carry those little black bags and it looked like a dot kit, like a dot and it had everything they needed inside. I mean, give it. This is why I thought it was called a doc kit was because of a doctor's bag. Do you know, like an old adult time movies like the doctor would show up with a little black bag and had everything he needed.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you're saying doc sort for a doctor, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Doc kit, Like this is like your dock kit that's for toiletrees.
Speaker 2: That's cute that you thought that, actually, but it's dop Yeah what is dop?
Speaker 1: Why didn't get that far in my research?
Speaker 2: Why is it called a dop?
Speaker 3: I just saw it? Should it should be called a toiletry bag?
Speaker 1: You have it? Dop is easier to say, why.
Speaker 3: Don't we don't we don't have a name for our bags?
Speaker 1: Well, can't we carry adopt adop kits only masculine?
Speaker 3: I think dop kits are for men?
Speaker 1: Right? Well? Yeah, I mean I was looking at one for a man man in my life.
Speaker 3: It's a really good gift. Are you gonna get it? Like embroidered?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I wanted to put his initials on it because I saw his Are you going to stock it? Should?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did that for Patrick one year and I got all these like beard oils and like face lotions and serums because you know, he didn't have a wound's touch in his life, and so I was gonna like get him a whole skincare routine.
Speaker 1: Beard oil. Wait, does hee have a beard? I like some?
Speaker 2: He like won it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe he will one day.
Speaker 2: It was they had a lot of options. It just seemed like something that goes in adopt kit. Anyway, he never used them. He was like, I don't do that. He just washes his face with a with body wash. Okay.
Speaker 1: I now know why it's called adopkit because it was invented by a German American leather craftsman named Charles Doppelt in nineteen nineteen. So it was his name in nineteen nineteen. He's a craftsman.
Speaker 3: What does it mean it was invented. It's just a toiletry bag.
Speaker 1: How do you invent Well, nobody had made the kit yet the leather. He was a leather craftsman. Okay, so no one had maybe made it in that shape for okay, let me keep reading. His company created a popular leather bag for grooming items. Okay, maybe before they just had their grooming items scattered about. And the name dopp is a shortened version of his last name. While kit simply refers to its use for carrying personal items, the term became especially popular in the United States due to its adoption by the military during World War Two. Ohdop kit, Now you know, not to be confused with doc kit.
Speaker 2: That is really cute that you thought that. That makes really a lot of sense. I've never questioned until now why it's called adopt kit. So thanks for this little segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, questions that don't come up. What do you call your toiletry bag?
Speaker 3: What do you call yours?
Speaker 1: Ooh, you know what, I should drop my toilet bag in our next newsletter. I just call it my toiletry bag special. It is awesome and it hangs it fits everything, and I keep it ready like a go bag because I have all my travel side stuff in there and now it's just ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I don't have to go, and like your's just the one that like unfolds right.
Speaker 1: And then there's a side for jewelry and then a side for in then it like flaps, so when I get to the hotel, I just hang it up.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I used to organize everything on the counter and then I bought this other makeup travel bag. It just opens up and I don't have to lay everything out on the count Back to the hotel room. Yeah, that's where I makeup, and then I have another like hanging bag for face wash and different things. So we do have another list of things to go over. And you specifically requested this because you said it would be very helpful for you. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like you're alluding what I'll be making it. We'll just read it.
Speaker 1: Just read.
Speaker 2: You're making it sound like I have like a smell problem.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm not there yet.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well then I have no idea what you're talking about there yet. We'll get to this.
Speaker 1: You are very excited about it, but I do. I do, I too, am I have two I am too. It's things that you can eat that will make you smell a certain way.
Speaker 3: But that's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: No, Remember how we were excited to go over things that you can say to someone instead of is there anything that I can do?
Speaker 3: Okay, this I yeah, this, I also, so it was excited about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this can be helpful for anybody. And I know this list and have heard this before. I'm sure same for you, Kat, But the default is just so easy to say let me know what you need or is there anything I can do, which for someone that is going through something, they're already overwhelmed, so they're likely not going to reach out right.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it feels like you're being a burden if you do. Yes, even if somebody offers, it can feel like, well, I don't want to put my stuff on somebody else, so I agree, like I have heard this before and talk about it, and then I still find myself being like.
Speaker 3: Let me know if you need anything. They're like, okay, I will, and then they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crickets. Yeah. So this is how you can be impactful in helping someone out, Like truly we can get there. You can just say, hey, i'm grabbing groceries later, can I get anything for you? Specifically You're already going to store so they don't feel like they're putting you out, and then you're saying like, I'm there, Yeah, what do you need? I'm free Wednesday evening? Can I drop off dinner? Question Mark? I'm thinking of you today. Want me to check in tomorrow to question Mark. I'd love to come by and sit with you. No need to entertain me. Uh.
Speaker 2: That one I like because I feel like when I go through certain things, I don't want to be alone, but I also sometimes don't want to talk. I just want somebody to like sit on the couch and watch something. But that's like a weird sometimes can feel weird to ask like I don't need anything.
Speaker 1: Well, you did this to me a couple of weeks ago. Remember I was having a particularly difficult Friday night, Oh remember, and you were like, I was like, I just want to stay home and eat pizza. And then I guess Patrick was doing something. I don't know what happened, and you're like, I can come over and I can bring pizza. Yeah, And I knew that it wouldn't be like we would have to sit there and talk like we would have genuinely just sat there and watched something and like eating pizza, and it would have been chill and fine. Yeah, but you were very specific and deliberate and were willing and able to show up if I needed it. Also, speaking of a couple weeks ago, do you remember this must have been just how quickly feelings can change, because that it might have been the Friday before and then like fast forward two or three days that following Monday. Do you remember me leaving a voice text of like I just feel great today, Like today, I feel so good. We had recorded earlier that day, and then later I left and I was like, I feel so good today. What is it?
Speaker 3: Did I listen to it?
Speaker 1: I don't know you did it? Maybe you did, but you didn't absorb it. Maybe you didn't appreciate how much. Wait, really I felt so good because I feel like you felt good too.
Speaker 2: This was after that experience. Yeah, okay, I do remember this happening, yes, okay, yeah, but like.
Speaker 1: Give it a couple days.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: Like I was in a pretty low of low, and then fast forward, nothing had changed about my situation. By the way, I still could have been very low about what was happening, but I don't know what was going on with me or if it was hormonal like good hormones. So I feel like sometimes we give ours a bad rap, but sometimes when they're in alignment, they're doing their thing and we're grooving like okay, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I think part of that too, is, yeah, nothing had changed in that situation, but you gave yourself time to see, like, even if this is going on, my life can still be good. Good things still exist, and sometimes when something not desirable happens that brings on uncomfy feelings or sadness or hurt or pain, it becomes encompassing and we need some space to see like, Okay, I can still have these feelings about this, and let's not forget these things still exist too. Yeah that's true, but it's hard when something is fresh, it's hard to have that perspective. Yeah. So we probably just had a little like shot of oh look, we like.
Speaker 1: Our life, we like our lives. Yes, oh look, I don't need to fear this. My life can still be good. And I don't know, I just whatever, I'm like chasing that Monday from a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Where where are the case of the Mondays? And our Monday was usually people think that's bad and our Monday was good?
Speaker 1: Like I was just in it was just feeling awesome. Maybe that's my once a month gift.
Speaker 3: Once a month you get a good Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like a what good few days? Okay, yeah, okay, okay, I just venmoed you some coffee money for yourself. I just venmoed you some coffee money for yourself.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another thing you can do instead of let me know what you need. Another one is can I take care of insert a specific task for you this week? Can I take care of kid? Pick up for you this week? Can I take care or on a specific day? Can I get to do it every day? Laundry?
Speaker 3: Can I come break your leaves? Oh that's an things.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I saw y'all raking leaves, and I am not gonna rake mine.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you that actually.
Speaker 1: Things that don't come up? Why?
Speaker 2: Because then I drove in today I did notice that you have You have two really big trees, and the one in front is beautiful right now, but all.
Speaker 3: The leaves are falling.
Speaker 1: She's showing off.
Speaker 2: So I have never lived in a house that had a big trees that had enough leaves to impact your yard. Okay, it's a lot of work, and I didn't understand how people are doing it, Like are you hiring so many of this? Are you putting all those leaves in the bags? Because that's so much work, And it's like exfoliation of a tree. That's phases, you know, like the leaves fall, they're all over your yard, you clean them up, then they fall again.
Speaker 3: Like it takes a couple falls. And I learned a lot about leaf pick up, leaf pickup.
Speaker 1: One lots twice I said leave and then I said leaf. I learned a lot about leaf pickuplea. How you glitched leaf pick up, leaf peck up, leaf pick up?
Speaker 2: You have to say it twice.
Speaker 1: Account So what did you learn learn?
Speaker 2: Okay, many people said don't rake them because leaves are really good for the soil or yah.
Speaker 1: So I just googled it and said, you don't always need to break leaves, and leaving them can be beneficial for your lawn in the environment. However, a thick layer of leaves can smother the c Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we have a thick layer.
Speaker 1: So how do you measure it the thickness good question.
Speaker 3: Haven't gotten that far.
Speaker 2: Apparently, if you want fireflies, you want to leave them because they're good habitats for the fireflies. But also apparently the little bugs glow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What else would I be talking about?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess I was just you know what, I feel bad. I just had shame as a kid. For fun, we would put on white T shirts and we go catch the glougs and then we'd smear them on our shirts and we would glow murderer, murderer I know in the first degree.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what this is? You giving back to firefly.
Speaker 1: Now I'm leaving them ome forgive me. I knew not what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Apparently if you know them, it becomes really good mulch for your yard.
Speaker 3: Oh, and you leave them there.
Speaker 2: But there are certain lawnmowers that have like attachments that mulch things for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also, I posted a picture of Patrick raking them, and my brother texted me and he said, Patrick is using a landscaping rake. That's not a rake for leaves. And I'm like, okay, how are we supposed to know what rake is for? That is landscaping? Is it not landscaping? I'm doing things in my yard. What constitute says landscaping?
Speaker 1: Is it? Well? I think if there's grass underneath? Was he saying, Because if you're in a landscaping bed, there's like mulch, okay, and then the grass is there, which I did just look up Welcome to landscaping. Landscaping minute, you should rake leaves if they're so thick you cannot see the grass beneath them. So that's how you measure the thickness. Can you see the grass?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't see our grass.
Speaker 2: So Patrick, also, somebody sent me this morning this little like pusher guy, you know, the thing that picks up the golf balls at like a driving range. It's kind of like remind me of that. But you push it and it will pick up the leaves as you push it through the yard.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's like a roller brush for lint, but for leaves, and it's big.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, it's a roller it's a lint roller for your leaves. Patrick went, well, as we're recording this, he's going to home depot to buy one. But we have so many leaves that he's going to have to empty out the bag like twenty five times. Good thing about where we moved, we don't have to bag them up. You just push him off to the road and the county will come suck them up.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what about your.
Speaker 1: So to anybody else to listen us talk about leaves, I'm interested.
Speaker 2: I would say I got a lot of d MS about my leaf content, so I think people are interested.
Speaker 1: I was thinking back to my days in college. I took turf management.
Speaker 3: Oh you went to an agriculture school.
Speaker 1: Well, I did, but I think a lot of schools maybe offer it. It was just me and a bunch of football players got it. Turf is not grass though, right, Yeah, it is. Turf is like turf management. We studied all kinds of grass, the different types of grass, golf course maintenance.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm thinking turf is like artificial grass.
Speaker 1: Oh. I took an artificial artificial grass class.
Speaker 3: I thought it was weird if we just sewed it together.
Speaker 2: Where you learned about the different kinds of plastics and the little like rubber beads that are in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're not going to do anything. Do you never do anything to your leaves? No?
Speaker 1: But I do have a yard man, Doug. I'll ask Doug what's our plan with the Doug has a plan.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to be the one house in our neighborhood that's everybody else is maintaining their yards. And I've never lived in a neighborhood where people do that. So I don't want to be like, did you see the Van Buren's house.
Speaker 1: You got to keep up with them.
Speaker 3: They're letting it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're bringing down the value of our homes.
Speaker 1: With the Joneses. Yeah, you might get a fine.
Speaker 2: Update update if anybody from my neighborhood, which I'm not going to say what it is that anybody from my neighborhood is listening? Let me into the Homeowner Association Facebook group.
Speaker 1: Wait, why are you getting the heisman on that? I don't?
Speaker 3: That was like a cool little like, yeah, what's like a you're getting blocked?
Speaker 2: I'm getting blocked. I talked about this what a month ago, maybe longer. I even had a pending request. I canceled my request and requests.
Speaker 1: So my thing is maybe the moderator just hasn't logged on, like is it active.
Speaker 2: It's active, you can see like there's been two posts today, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe they haven't gone over to the little section like the notification that says we have someone waiting to get in.
Speaker 2: Okay, well here's my feedback for them. That could be very true. Somebody from the HOA brought cookies to our house so they know that I'm here.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know who specifically brought the cookies or just said from the HOA?
Speaker 2: She actually was the same lady that sold our house to us, so I would talk.
Speaker 1: To her, Okay, yeah, okay, just networking.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, I would really like to be part of the group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to get let in. It made me think whenever I was googling how to know. You know, when you type into a Google search engine, other things will pop up that you're not how to know. I was saying how to know if you should break your leaves or not? But all I typed in was how to know? And before I got to that, the first thing that comes up is how to know if someone blocked you? So that must be the most searched how to know. Oh. The next worried one is how to know if eggs are bad? Do you know? No? Did they float?
Speaker 3: It's a float test?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, well I just clicked on it. You can tell if eggs are bad by performing a float test and of water. A fresh egg will sink, a bad egg will float.
Speaker 3: Have you ever cracked up with a bad egg?
Speaker 1: No? I don't why what happened?
Speaker 3: I've never done it either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like, I don't know, Okay, how don't know if eggs are bad? How don't know if someone blocked you? How don't know if you're pregnant? How don't know if you have diabetes? Those are the most popular?
Speaker 2: Is that the most popular in general and the most popular based on your search history.
Speaker 1: Well, I've never searched any of those things, so.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe you type in how to know to your little iPad over.
Speaker 2: There, that's actually what comes up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just all. You don't type in anything else, but other than how to know, that's the only thing you're allowed to type. And while you type that, I'm going to go back to my list of things you can say to someone besides let me know what you need. We have two more left. Want company for a walk or just someone to sit with, which is a good one, and the final one I know calls can be a lot. Want me to text you instead?
Speaker 2: I can't figure out how to get my iPad to work?
Speaker 1: What do you mean how how to go to search Google? It won't. It's being like it's.
Speaker 3: Being ornery, as my grandmother.
Speaker 1: Would say, ornery or honery.
Speaker 3: I think it's ornery, that's how my nmai said.
Speaker 1: But also I thought it was a docket.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, okay, I got I got okay. How see, I'm like pressing things and nothing's happened?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: How it's just slow? I know this thing needs to be you can see that I don't use this often. I think it needs to be updated. How many days until Christmas?
Speaker 1: No, you have to type in?
Speaker 2: How to know? I know it's taking that long from my I'm typing it and it's taking a long time to catch up. How to screenshot on Mac. How to get rid of stink bugs?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: How to know? Oh what does it say? How to know if someone blocked you? How to know if eggs are bad? How do you know if you're pregnant? How do you know?
Speaker 1: How do you have diabetes?
Speaker 3: How do you know if you have a concussion?
Speaker 2: How to know if a la buobuu is real? How did you miss that one?
Speaker 1: Well? I only clicked. I only if I kept scrolling more might show up.
Speaker 2: How to know if chicken is bad? How do you know if ground beef is bad? How to know when you're ovulating? That's hard? How to know your blood type? I don't know my blood type.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, I've been told my blood type multiple and I don't remember why. Why is it?
Speaker 3: But my mom knows my blood type?
Speaker 2: Because when I want to know it The answer is, text your mom because she knows, but I don't know mine.
Speaker 1: Well I can't text my mom.
Speaker 2: Well, then we need to write it down somewhere. How do you know Kat knows her blood type?
Speaker 1: No, she's so positive.
Speaker 3: No, she knows hers.
Speaker 1: It's like she Oh, I thought you were saying she.
Speaker 2: I would love to do a poll. Do you know your blood type?
Speaker 3: How many people?
Speaker 2: How many people he's gonna know?
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people don't know. Like, do you have your driver's license? M're memorized? No? I know.
Speaker 3: It starts with I know the three first numbers.
Speaker 1: Do you have your license plate memorized?
Speaker 2: I used to because I used to work in a parking lot where I had to type it in to validate my parking. But I got a new license plate.
Speaker 3: Do you know yours?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Do you know your social Security number?
Speaker 1: Yes? I know my social Security number.
Speaker 2: So social security number number, I know it?
Speaker 1: Four four.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: But I think everybody born around me starts with the four four. Wait. Really, I think it's like when you're born right as the first I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was random?
Speaker 1: Is it random?
Speaker 3: It's random?
Speaker 2: Take that back? Redact that.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's so many other numbers that you could factor in. Nobody's going to figure out my social Security number because I said.
Speaker 2: Four next week your identity and I only said four.
Speaker 1: Twice, because that's what we do here. We repeat every time twice, tries twice for four. By kay, you ready for it? The thing I've been waiting for.
Speaker 3: The thing you've been waiting for.
Speaker 1: The real thing. You've been waiting for. Foods that make you smell better, therefore more attractive, Foods that make you smell better, therefore more attractive.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of nervous this one.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with at all. But garlic is on the list because apparently when a man sweats after he is consumed garlic, he is rated as more pleasant by women. There's not no what this could be debatable. I just don't get it. We'll move on a diet higher in fruits and veggies produce sweat with more of a floral, fruity, sweet scent. Okay, I can get behind that. Yogurt and Kiefer supports beneficial gut mouth bacteria. Did I say keifer wrong? Well?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I've actually never said that word because I've not known how to say it, I would have in my head pronounced it keffer.
Speaker 3: So I was about to say thank you for finally telling me that it's keifer.
Speaker 1: It could be keffer.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a weird word.
Speaker 2: It's k e f.
Speaker 1: I R kefer.
Speaker 2: It's actually pronounced.
Speaker 1: Kiffer.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't. That's also a weird one.
Speaker 2: Yogurt. Yogurt is like molded milk. It's curdled milk, is it not?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: It's a yogurt is a bacteria.
Speaker 1: But the bacteria that are good in there are good for your gut microbiome. Like, I'm the probiotics.
Speaker 3: I'm pro yogurt, but I know that's I'm pro yogurt.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's be more about what we're for, not what we're against.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the yogurt people.
Speaker 1: It's so fractured out there these days.
Speaker 2: And it is interesting that yogurt would make you smell good.
Speaker 1: I think it just helps with your bacteria, which leads to better Okay, Yeah, Water and staying hydrated, now this one is just something I know. I know this, and I just still don't drink enough water. Doing so reduces concentrated bacteria and unwanted smells.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: Finally, this is what I want to really start doing mint leaves or ginger in your water.
Speaker 3: Let's level up the water.
Speaker 1: You get hydrated and you add these herbs that help you. They have anti macrobial elements. So if you consume that it's like anti macrobial.
Speaker 3: I want to offer some feedback.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 2: This is with anything, if you are trying to start a new habit, we need to start at the lowest level, not stack things. So if you can't even drink water, do you think it was minty? Do you think that would motivate you of like I have special water. Yeah, because then you have to like get the mint and then get the water. Put the mint in the water, shake it up, trick it.
Speaker 1: You know. I used to put I haven't thought of this in years. I used to put fresh mint leaves in my chocolate protein smoothies and it tastes like mint chocolate chip.
Speaker 2: Waitond because this call I forgot I did that? Why have I never thought about this? I have a chocolate smoothie like almost every day.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you need to throw some mint leaves in there, and it's gonna change the game, especially this time of year. Because we are festive. Oh Christmas time. Thank you, You're welcome. And you're gonna be adding anti macrobial elements to your smoothie. Your chocolate smoothie just got an upgrade. Fresh mint leaves. Okay, you're gonna beat the grocery store and you're gonna be like, I need some mint, fresh mint please. It's an elevated purchase.
Speaker 3: Where do you keep your freshman?
Speaker 1: But it's like not expensive.
Speaker 3: Should we think lant mint?
Speaker 1: We should just grow our own. Yeah, I bet it's easy to grow your own mint. Yeah, leaf plant, tree thing.
Speaker 3: Then we're adding more and we really just need to be drinking more water.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I like ginger. I can add ginger chunks into hot hot limit water.
Speaker 3: That could do it.
Speaker 1: You can throw ginger into your smoothies. I wouldn't into your chocolate mint, but you could if you were doing a different type of smoothie that had other.
Speaker 2: I love a ginger tea like a hot tea. I can't get down with a ginger flavored water.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: If you want to be more attractive, all you have to do is put mint in your water and there you go. Now I have a list of foods that make you smell bad, therefore less attractive.
Speaker 2: This is what I was scared of.
Speaker 1: This word I always struggle with. So is I'm going to be vulnerable and I'm going to try to say it right the first time. Crysiferous vegetables. Cryciferous vegetables, Do you know what that is?
Speaker 3: Like a rock or a cauliflower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are packed with sulfurous compounds leading to unpleasant smells.
Speaker 3: Broccoli is probably the veel I eat the most. That's tough for me.
Speaker 1: Asparagus causes smelly sweat and urine.
Speaker 2: That's my second favorite vegetable.
Speaker 1: I have never even ever smelled to me.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but your pa does smell after you as fergus very much.
Speaker 1: So it's instantaneous, Which doesn't that make you think of It's almost like you're having this science experience in happening right to your buddy. Like I'll be at a restaurant, I'll eat a bite of asparagus. I'll run to the bathroom like at the restaurant because I have to pee, and while I already smell like it. So it's like how quickly things hit your bloodstream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like crazy I know it is.
Speaker 1: But also I was talking to someone the other day about how smart our blood is. Our blood is really smart. Yeah, yeah, because it like filters all kinds of things all the time.
Speaker 3: I don't really know how blesses. I don't.
Speaker 1: We don't ask me to explain it. I just know that it's moving around and doing it's moving, it's grooven, it's doing things. Red meat men rated smelling slightly worse compared to men who didn't eat meat.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's men are gonna stop eating red meat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel good after I have some ground beef. Okay, maybe that's what I did that Monday.
Speaker 2: You had some ground beef. That ground be oh like what you were on a ground beef kick.
Speaker 1: I was having lots of beef around. Maybe that's because my blood just need once it wants the meat, fish and beans, they produce strong smelling compounds that are released via the skin and breath. I will say, my boyfriend did eat some fish the other day, and I knew we ate it, like I could just smell the fish.
Speaker 2: I didn't have smell too. My friend doesn't have a sense of smell, which is crazy. She just from COVID or no, she's just never had one.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was born that way.
Speaker 2: Okay, I actually forget the whole story. I should ask her. I feel like it slowly changed or she didn't realize that she didn't have it until later in life, and then she was like, wait, what you guys are smelling this? So like she can't pick out a candle and she can't pick out a perfume. She has to ask us to help her because she could be wearing really yucky perfume. I used to live with her and she used to take fish to work and microwave it because she didn't know what fish smell like. And then we had to tell her, you're probably the smelly girl at work and everybody's annoyed with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's rules for the work microwave.
Speaker 2: You can't put fish or crustaceans in it. I don't think you should do shrimpy.
Speaker 1: There, Oh crustaceans.
Speaker 2: What did you think I'm saying? Chrisis servis.
Speaker 1: I just have never I've heard other people do it, but I've never referred to a shrimp as a crustacean.
Speaker 2: I think, like any type, well, like he's a crab, a crustacean. I think so now crab in the Yeah, no crab, No lobster, Nope, no, none of those crustaceans I think from the sea. Yeah, nothing from the sea. She was mortified and she didn't She'll never do it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's lucky to have y'all.
Speaker 3: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: She's just like not born. I guess it's probably more common than you think. Well, like your but she can't taste. That's the other thing is your senses, Like which sense would you would take over?
Speaker 1: Like would you? Yeah? Because you would think like if you have the taste, she would know that fish sometimes it tastes fishy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But she doesn't know what it smells like.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: But what's interesting is she can still you.
Speaker 2: There used to be this urban legend going around the internet that that if you didn't have a sense of smell, you didn't have a sense of taste. But I think if you don't have a sense of smell, your sense of taste is very limited. But if you never have one, then you don't know that. So like, if I lose my sense of smell, I will notice the difference in my taste.
Speaker 1: But since she's never had it, when you're sick, things taste stiff, different or you can't taste them as much.
Speaker 3: But because she's never had that experience, yeah she yeah. Anyway, the more you.
Speaker 1: Know, moving on with the list, there's only a few more large amounts of alcohol. This increases moral bacteria causing sweat, skin, gut, all that stuff to Emit smells, which, yes, if you have large amounts of alcohol.
Speaker 2: That's interesting that alcohol creates the bacteria, because I would think that alcohol would wipe it out.
Speaker 1: Like rubbing alcohol. Yeah, a little different. Caffeine or tea stimulates sweat glands in your underarms and area, leading to stronger body odor.
Speaker 3: Wait, I drink a lot of tea.
Speaker 1: I love tea and coffee.
Speaker 2: This is stupid.
Speaker 1: Where does this from low carb ketogenic style diets? I have heard this, like if you are in keto you have a nail polish remover smell oh like.
Speaker 2: Alcohol like acid. Yeah that's shocking.
Speaker 3: So can we go ahead and say that.
Speaker 1: This list is just for fun and not real, and but add mint to your smoothies.
Speaker 3: That part's real.
Speaker 1: That part's real. I do think that there is some to it ish, but you don't have to live by it, like eat your asparagus, eat your broccoli, eat your cauliflower.
Speaker 3: And people will love you no matter what you smell like.
Speaker 1: But my favorite thing out of this entire you know, sometimes you're like, I don't know why we do certain little segments. I don't know this. I know, I know we went through all of that so that we could re introduce or in your case, introduce it to you for the first time mentally into our chocolate smoothies. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 2: I would never have thought of that, And I've been on a mint chocolate chip ice cream kick the past couple weeks.
Speaker 1: Questions that don't come up. Do you put milk in your ice cream?
Speaker 3: No, it's made out of milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what you do is you scoop it into your bowler cup and then you pour a thin layer of milk on top of the ice cream.
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 1: Put it back in the freezer for just a little bit, not too long, and then pull it out. Don't ask me what happens. Try it for yourself. It is so good, yeah, saying we grow. Yeah. It came up because my sister and I were on FaceTime with my boyfriend and I was drinking a glass of milk not milk. I drink almond milk, but can you use almond milk for this whatever kind of milk you drink, Yes, you can do almond milk for this on your ice cream. It's really what it. Almond milk, oat milk, cow's milk, cashw milk, coconut milk, whatever milk you fancy, go for it. Back in my childhood, my dad always put ice in his milk, so we grew up putting ice in our milk. I love ice in my milk. And I was at my boyfriend's house the other night and he had made these little protein ball things that were really good, and I was like, oh, you know, it just hit right now. It's a glass of milk. So I go over and make glass of milk, but I put ice in it. And I don't think I've ever had this in front of him. Yeah, it was the first time, and he was like, what are you doing? And I was like, I'm having a glass of milk. And then my sister got on FaceTime. She's like, oh, yeah, yeah, we drink ice our milk. She's like, oh yeah, and we also put milk over our ice cream. And he was like, what that doesn't make sense. But we just grew up doing that and it's so normal, and to us it's so good, and so I would say, don't knock it.
Speaker 2: To try it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 1: But also, what kind of mint chocolate chip ice cream?
Speaker 3: I have two thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do your thing, I'm gonna move my ring. So I remember this other thought. The ice cream that I've been eating is there's those YAsO or YAsO or whatever. They're like Greek yogurt ice cream bars. And I think it was when oh, I got mint chocolate chip when I was congested a couple of weeks ago, because I thought the mint would be like feel good. I was drinking mint tea and eating mint ice cream and now I'm hooked. Why are you looking at that if you're congested? Are they made out of dairy? Dairy like form a cow?
Speaker 1: I think if you're congested, you should avoid milk, but well, you know what, I'm not a it's Greek yogurt. Yeah, Greek yogurts from a cow? So is that bad for I just think if you're congested, you try to avoid milk. But that could be urban legend. That could be totally wrong.
Speaker 2: It made me. Oh no, it wasn't congestion, it was a sore throat. Oh okay, And I thought the mint would feel good on my throat.
Speaker 1: Also, I wonder in there is it real mint or is it like mint flavoring?
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like that's like a I feel like they use good ingredients in those bars. Think that they are expensive, you like to get them when they're on sale. Yeah, okay, my either thought this is not important, but I just now question does that don't come up? And since they're talking about milk, I'd like to know this about you at dinner growing up?
Speaker 3: What could you drink with your dinner?
Speaker 1: I don't remember having rules, okay, because.
Speaker 2: You know some people grow up and they have to drink milk with dinner. Who so you could be like having spaghetti and have to drink milk with it.
Speaker 1: Oh. I've never heard a lot of parents because it's I guess good for kids zones. Yeah, and you know that got Milk campaign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say the commercials, they are always a dinner and the mom's like, here's a glass of milk with your chicken parmesan Like that to me is like gross, does don't go together. I also grew up in a family that nobody drinks milk. I have never seen anybody in my family drink a glass of milk. My little brother really likes chocolate milk. But I have never seen my mom, my dad, my sister, my brother, my brother, myself, my grandma, never seen any of them be like, I'm gonna have a glass of milk.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 3: We only use milk for cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, we drink milk. I would drink skim milk over ice and let it water down. Then I would drink it. It's so good. I love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, anyway, so that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, wow, we covered lawn care, dairy, asparagus. We had other helpful things.
Speaker 2: We didn't never figure out how to say chrysiferousiferous chers.
Speaker 1: Anyway, anyway, we are going to be covering well, no, but it was last week that we covered. We already did it on last week's Couchhok Souse. I was about to do our closing have the day, Oh you need to have and if you've ever been confused by that. On last Thursday's Couch Talks episode, we talked about what that means.
Speaker 3: Where it came from.
Speaker 1: It can be confusing because like, what does that really mean?
Speaker 3: What does that really mean?
Speaker 1: Have the day you need to have?
Speaker 2: It could be honestly, somebody might think it's passive aggressive have the day you need to have? If we don't say it in that tone. Yeah, I think are merch that way and be like, oh gosh, on the.
Speaker 1: Back of our shirt, have the day you need to have, like we're all hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we say it with an upbeat tone.
Speaker 1: Toxic yeah, and it's like it's more so I don't even think it's upbeat. It's just more of like half the day you need to have, like have it.
Speaker 3: So if you want to know, then go.
Speaker 1: Listen to last Thursday's Couch Talks riveting about what have the day you need to have really means? And with that said, we'll say, have the day you need to have.
Speaker 2: Bye Bye,