Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield six flowing down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: Shooting fan fun phone Friday eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. And in case you want to text us Chris, watch the text line eight one seven nine zero three two nine eight. You're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, where it is ninety three degrees, it feels like ninety seven. The holiday is ninety five. The load to night is seventy seven.
Speaker 5: He is that's Nate, he is Kurt, I am Jaddy Holly. On this wonderful Friday. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of braill people us when we speak.
Speaker 4: All right, kick it off on Friday. We finally got it right to about four times.
Speaker 6: When we first started the body blow folks to death.
Speaker 7: They have no choice job jiving.
Speaker 4: How you guys, do it.
Speaker 6: Let's start.
Speaker 4: Let's start on an upbeat note because we know that we're going to bring everybody down for you are part of a segment. How are you today?
Speaker 6: Kurt Good?
Speaker 8: Ready for the weekend?
Speaker 4: Ready for the weekend? Jesse great? Great, Nate deep breath, wos, I'm good, Chris, how are you today?
Speaker 9: Wonderful?
Speaker 4: Thank you man behind the curtain. All right, I'm doing great. Thanks for asking. Yes, I'm good. I'm good. It's Friday.
Speaker 6: It's football Fridays, counting count.
Speaker 5: Is it every other Friday? I don't remember now. So you know you got too much money? No, got to think about a lot of money when you don't know when the.
Speaker 4: Checks come when you watching.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll get here, when it gets here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Shout out to my boy, Big Robin the accountant. I wish Rob.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 10: Rob?
Speaker 4: I hope you're listening. How miss k how are you? I know you're listening? All right, fellas, the season is not over. That's just my opinion. Everybody that was sending me d MS and texting me we good. I feel terrible for Trayvon Diggs. I feel awful for him, for his family because you guys know that road to recovery is not easy. It takes dedication it mentally, I'm sure it just wipes you out and for him as a the game of football is a very unforgiving, uncaring game and at any time. This is why I don't ever have a problem with the player holding out or a player trying to get his money, because you never know, like who knows what recovery's gonna be, how long it's gonna take, if you ever get back to where you if you ever play football, you know with an injury. So I don't ever have a problem with the player holding out, trying to get more money, doing whatever they can, because nothing's guaranteed in this league. Hope they don't guarantee contracts. Something like this happens and your income stops. You could this could be your last down, right, So and well.
Speaker 5: People also don't realize about contracts, like there are two kind of A and B sides to every contract. There is an active your healthy playing we're paying contract within that same contract. There's also an injury you're no longer playing a different number we're paying contract, all under the same roof. But there's people don't realize at times there is an injury part to your contract as you're paid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, however long that time, sir. And you know how it is. You live your lifestyle up to your income. That's everyday life, even if you're not an athlete, like you adjust your lifestyle and your family lifestyle and where you live and how you live, and when you take a hit like that, even if you're making a lot of money, that's still that's still a big deal, you know. So for the person, I feel awful. As far as the team, I feel like we talked about it yesterday. I think any other season, I would have my head down and I would be like, oh no, here we go again. And I want to know how you guys feel because we haven't talked about this. I feel okay. I feel good with Deron Bland, I feel good with Jordan Lewis. I feel good with the depth I mean i'd feel I don't feel doom and gloom to day. I hate it for Trayvon, I hate it. Get well soon, Trayvon. But as far as a team and my fandom, I'm I am.
Speaker 9: We're good.
Speaker 4: How do you feel?
Speaker 10: Nate?
Speaker 7: Okay? By Jesse, you rub it off.
Speaker 4: As long as I've ever talked of this show.
Speaker 7: No, I'm great. Yeah, I call you yesterday right away. Once we got.
Speaker 6: Pasted and he called us, Kurt No, no, he wonted respond respond I sure didn't.
Speaker 10: I sure didn't.
Speaker 6: And you already said, oh this boy, you already said get to your point. Already said this dude already said that if he ain't gonna answer the.
Speaker 5: Phone, got I got twenty five thirty minutes, I don't answer.
Speaker 6: But anyway, I'm good. Once we got past his family, the kid, mister Jones, all of that team, I'm good. We are good. That team over there should be solid and good. I am great, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Kurtin Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 8: I think there's enough depth there shown he can play well and seems up up on the outside. Thank you. Thankfully, Jordan Lewis came back. You can help you on the inside.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: As long as that defensive line is doing their thing, I think.
Speaker 4: All right, voice of reason, here we go, bring bring us to church. Which way we going with this?
Speaker 5: We are more than good, more than good, We are more than good. Like when this happened, like you, like you, like you? I felt bad for the player I did. I was like, damn, and you know two weeks in he was had a great start to the season, right, And and trayvon Is is one of the leads are this team, great player and it sucks for him. Football is a one hundred percent hurt business. It is just is and that's that that's the thing that you go with every single day. And for those who were wondering it happened on Grass, didn't happen on.
Speaker 4: Turch Do we know exactly what happened?
Speaker 6: Have they?
Speaker 5: He was, Uh, yeah, so the story, the report is that they were doing one on ones and he went up to contest, the ball came down, just didn't land correctly. And it happens.
Speaker 6: It happens.
Speaker 5: Those things happen every day. Yeah, I mean, I'm sure he's had ten, twelve to fifteen twenty other players where he landed more awkwardly and just sometimes the right force, the right tension, the right torque, the right turn or the wrong I should say, and here we are, but I am so confident I have not. We lived through the Sean Lee era right where when Sewn Lee went down, this they went the crap, it was over. This team is built different. Shout out to Will McClay shout out to Dan Quinn. Just the depth of this football team, both offensively differently defensively, has set themselves up for moments like this. Do you replace Trayvon Diggs. No, you're never going to be able to replace him. Do you adjust to him? Absolutely? And I think this team has more than enough to address. You know, I told you I tholwd someone the other day, darn Bleded had more interceptions last year in Treyvon Dicks. He let this team in interceptions. You're not losing a ball hawk. Deron Bland is as ballhawkish as as Trayvon Dicks.
Speaker 4: I heard a stat and I don't know if it's true. I didn't look it up, but I heard a stat that Trayvon Diggs leads the league in interceptions since he came into the league, and so does Deron Bland the same time. So he's been he's been in the league. What a year. This is year two, year two for him, he leads the league.
Speaker 5: So so I mean, you're not missing any of that. You're not missing size. They're both relatively the same size. Trayvon dis is six foot one, Dron Bland is six foot Trayvon one ninety five de Ron Blands about two hundred pounds. You're not missing a lot. You're still you still have the athleticism, you still have all those things. Now I get it. You're talking about a guy who was first team All Pro, right, and most teams in the National Football League don't have two former first team All Pros on their roster. I asked the fans the other day, name e the starting cornerbacks of the Kansas City Chiefs. Don't worry O wait, because most people can't. We've had the luxury of having these type of players on our roster.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: The only place that we do have to worry about now is because I do think Deron Bland steps in, we won't miss a beat. Jordan Lewis is fine. You know, great call by Britt Brown and company to say, you know what, don't put this guy on on IR We may need him, right, we need you where it can get a look too, bit dicey is if we can't protect or if we have one, if we have another injury in the secondary that's gonna hurt us two. It's never the backup guy. It's the backup to the backup guy.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: So now, who steps in for dron Blair in those moments and you hope that it's Jordan Lewis and you know any you know thing like that. So teams don't can't pick on a particular guy in the secondary. But this team is fine, Fellas, I trust dan Quinn And when you lose a player like this, one of the great things that we have in dan Quinn is we have it coach who is one of the best and not only evaluating talent, growing talent, putting talent in the proper place, but also scheming up plans to protect and to elevate the things that are your stress. This past rush ain't going nowhere. Michael Parsons ain't going nowhere. We still have the best three headed monster in the secondary, in the safety when we're getting Donovan Wilson back, jay Ron Curson, Malik Hooker, Stefan Gilmour is still in there now. He had to step up and play in that role. We are fine. We are fine. This thing is going to keep. The loss is more manhole than Grand Canyon, Like just think of that way. It ain't It ain't a Grand Canyon type of loss. It's a loss. But when everything else is surrounded and with this thing, this is, this is fine. We're going to be okay. Such for Treymon Diggs, this defense will not miss a beat.
Speaker 6: But I tell you what was scared me more than that because I called him back two seconds little when I got worried to be out his head. That's scared because said the backup to the back scared me to die, like like you called them like, yeah, bru it's we got a bigger problem in it. And I'm not down playing how great this kid is over there on the defense, but boy, we can't lose. Be honest, y'all.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you now, trust me when I what's his update?
Speaker 8: We have an update Saturday, and they're going and Martin are both going to try to go Saturday, and that'll determine.
Speaker 6: That right there.
Speaker 5: Now that's a different story.
Speaker 6: Yes, that works me. Yeah, to lose to.
Speaker 5: Might not have Martin and and be honest, and even with Jags, even with just guys over there, still still.
Speaker 6: Took that shot.
Speaker 5: You know, I was, I know.
Speaker 4: I was, And I think for us to be having this conversation is a testament Jag shot. It's a testament to life. We talked about, you know, is this team a legit contender, and yeah, we think they are still legit contender exactly, which makes me think this really is a content because in years past, I know, I'm living in the past night, but that's all.
Speaker 6: But you call it good.
Speaker 4: That's all I know is this would be devastating and it would be like, oh my god, who do we have? What are we gonna do? They're gonna go at him every game and like we're good, and you know what, I'm excited. What's the young guy's name that had a great camp?
Speaker 5: Scott Jerris Scott Jr.
Speaker 4: Hey injury. Injury creates opportunity, right, step up, Let's go see what we got. Maybe we you know, into Ron blame. Maybe you have the next Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 6: Oh jaggs Man, he's maybe a good TV series, but you you don't want to be old jag Man.
Speaker 4: Is there anybody? Is there anybody on this team? And I think you could probably put Micah in this conversation, maybe Dak that if they go down like years past, you're like, that's it, don't.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you right now you just named one or two of those guys go down. This conversation I'm having today different it's it's dooming gloom for me.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Now you stop, man.
Speaker 10: You have your opinion.
Speaker 6: I have mine, and I just believe one of those guys go down. We just need to counsel the show.
Speaker 4: All right, We're going on our first break week come back phone calls eight eight eight, right back on.
Speaker 5: The Boys.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamolele made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel attend the best tail game party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: Seet Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog worthy care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek After the seat Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 13: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven souls satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course, spicy Cajun fried corn.
Speaker 5: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 13: Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 6: Back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Hanging with the boys, where we are presented each and every day by Wingstop where flavor it gets it.
Speaker 6: We muss up cooks.
Speaker 4: Speaking of us, he playing this week.
Speaker 8: He was a full participant in Problem ri.
Speaker 4: Let's go, Let's go, there were fools fall and second segment each and every day is brought to you by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. And we will go to the phones, Chris, who do we have we got with Anthony and Mia Anthony five? Okay today Anthony Anthony, he put us on hold where he's been.
Speaker 10: Let's go, man, let's go.
Speaker 14: Move on.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, oh yeah, it was one good thing. Let's just do it like this. Bro. Heil up, young man. We need your intro part of the defense, Trevon. And what we got to do more is just go ahead and put it on people. I was gonna give the columns a break, y'all know how I like to play and joke. But we got some of the mother hold and these people. We got to send a message that no more playing sent a message. Man, It's time we don't lots to keep player. Man, A part of this is great, historically possible defense. So this office is gonna have to pick that thing up. This don't have to continue what they're doing, and we're gonna beat these boys like twenty nine six and keep it rolling.
Speaker 4: All right, Anthony, appreciate the call.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you get to us, Anthony, really do man.
Speaker 4: You know what's on your time, brother?
Speaker 5: You know what's weird like about this season, like when you look at like when you look at it, and I know that the defense of special teams played some parts into this thing, but we make it seem like we don't lead the league scoring right now, we offered to pick it up, like you do know they're averaging Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: What about the red zone?
Speaker 10: Jesse?
Speaker 5: I mean, come on everything, thirty five points a game like at the points, but it's like, wait, we lead the league in scoring, like I just I just feel like we were not skimming out games. We're not like oh boy, who nineteen sixteen wood that was a tough one. No, Like these first two games we've been feet kicked up, arms behind your hands, behind our heads in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: That's just that's just cowboy fans media trained.
Speaker 6: We've trained these people.
Speaker 5: To think no speaking of media, Bart Scott, you, yeah, what's going on.
Speaker 6: With what's going on with that? Jee mean?
Speaker 5: First of all, Bar Scott is a notorious Cowboys hater, right, weird dude. He's a corn He's a corny dude.
Speaker 4: Like some dudes.
Speaker 5: You try to play this tough guy role. Nobody fears you. It's a tough guy roll. You're ultra corny. It's super corny on and off the camera. But they're having this segment today and of course cowboys are in the A block and they're talking about the injury and how that would affect and so he goes on this solilo queen. But then he stops in the middle of it and it goes like Stephen the said talking about Trayvon Diggs. If you just wait, something bad will happen. And I'm like, dude, how you take a shot. And then what's even worse about it is you're supposed to be a part of the player fraternity. Like you're despite your your your your fandom of who you cheer for or any of that, or your dislike or disdain for any team, You're a player. You are a part of the fraternity of players, and I don't care what team I don't. There's several teams in the owners that I do not like. I don't, but I am player. When another guy goes down with the injury, it's never a time for a joke. It's never a time to take a shot. It's never a time to get on national TV and say something insensive about a dude who just hurt hisself in this type of manner. And for you to take a shot like that, Bar Scott, screw you, bro, like, screw you, like for real, for real, like because it's we're getting to a point now where you're getting on TV and you're just saying stupid stuff. And I come from a place in an era where just you, you just weren't allowed to just say certain things and get away with it, like there's no consequences to certain things. And I'm not looking at causing to cause violence towards Bar Scott, but that's where I come from. You just can't. People now in this area of social media have gotten so comfortable with saying things and having no consequences, and that bothers me because some people need to get punched in the face. Some people need to get the taste smacked out of them mouth, and this is a moment where Bart Scott needs the taste smacked out of his mouth for making stupid comments like this about a player who literally just got hurt twenty four hours ago. It's unnecessary, it's insensitive, it's stupid, and it's corny, and you look extra corny doing it. My guy, you do you really, really really do. You're not tough, you're not funny. You're not even good on TV. You're not good on TV.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: It bothers me, man, It bothers me. It bothers me. I'm all for the fun I'm all for the jokes, and we can have jokes about players who aren't playing good. But when someone gets hurt like this and they're lost for a season, this has larger ramifications than just what team you cheer for or don't want to cheer for, you like or you do not want to like. And when it comes from a player who plays in this league and understand just how much it takes to get to Sunday and you make an insensitive joke like that, you're whack your corny, your foul, and you the taste smacked out of your mouth? You really do? You really really do?
Speaker 6: Okay, we can go back to doing what we do. Okay, where were we? Man?
Speaker 4: Taking calls Chris who we have on the phone?
Speaker 7: Where were we.
Speaker 4: We got Antoine and Maryland?
Speaker 15: And now I ain't gonna say that I'm probably about to lose his jobs.
Speaker 16: Even they ain't like that, you know what I mean. So I don't say he's.
Speaker 17: Gonna be on TV for too much longer.
Speaker 15: But how you doing today?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 6: How you doing great?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 16: I'm doing all right.
Speaker 15: Man, I'm gonna little kit man, you know, ray Von Man, you know here Maryland got anyway, but Jesse's man, I know the optimism and everything. Man, But as odd as an average Calbay fan, you know, I mean a lot of us don't live in that DFW area. So we've been here at Stephen days, you know, saying, oh.
Speaker 16: Well, will go what can go wrong?
Speaker 17: Will go wrong?
Speaker 15: And I mean, in a sense, it's kindada happened, even something the simple as funk and the snack take the win? What Tony Roman did it against Seattle or the dance tests? You know, So it's hard to kind.
Speaker 17: Of feed it toward and stop believing that. Like I said, the leader got you trained.
Speaker 15: But I'm a little confident in the yam and I hold it down.
Speaker 17: Deron Blank.
Speaker 15: I'm glad John Lewis came back. Uh so I think you should be all right. I think you should be all right. Just we don't need nothing like that, man, because it seemed.
Speaker 16: Like every year somebody on that team go down.
Speaker 17: We always have a season in the injury.
Speaker 16: But moving forward, man, I hope we just you know, bunting down and dude, we got during Arizona. Man even had a f trouble dis in the past couple of years, so hopefully was.
Speaker 6: Really what you score?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your score?
Speaker 16: What's my score?
Speaker 14: My school?
Speaker 16: I'm gonna I don't be trying to peep it close.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna go big, good time. I'm gonna go I think abound forty three about forty thirteen?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Well appreciate the call at one.
Speaker 6: Good score.
Speaker 4: I like that score.
Speaker 8: That's a that's a forty thirteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that. I think one of the things you talked about, you know, the mainstream media and how's you kind of Trent First, The biggest thing first is you got to stop, like you got to stop listening to them. There's we live and this is the plus part of social media. We live in a day and time now where you have access to people like we have four shows, Like we have ten shows on the Dallas Cowboy Network. How many shows do we have here?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it's like seven per day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: We content.
Speaker 5: Like the ability to get content that's not nationally based, right because Stephen Ay he thirty five thousand view, like thirty five thousand foot view, Like he's not he don't have connections here. He doesn't have Most of those guys don't have connections here. They don't have people in house. They don't have people every day at the start, like we here every day. We're every day we're roaming these halls. We talk to people, We've built relationships, we have friends.
Speaker 4: We can send a text to somebody on the other side of the building.
Speaker 5: This right, it's like you know, I mean there's we had you know, jokingly, we had Patrick no c Walker the other day, Like this is a guy who who has content available?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're in Nate, you can actually walk over there and walk into a coach's office and sit down and I can't too, Yo, what's up with this?
Speaker 5: I can too you. That is the luxury of being a former player, because they treat you like family when you're in this building. But there's so many go get free lunch. Shout out to Everson Wallas. But I mean, but there's not to shout out like. But there's there are a bunch of content creators to some of my guys, you know sky Walker and watch Lombardi and Jay Tuck, and there's there's a bunch of people who I know every single day are putting in a ton of work, who are credible, who are on boots on the ground here getting you know, the best of if you if you you can, you can actually stay away from the f s ones and the espns of the world and lock into these other places and get up to date her information. You can watch on the Filter with Jesse Holly. I mean, there's a there's a pluthora of places where you can go to get up to date information that'll have you less on the edge of your seat and more informed about what's happening on the day to day basis. The big the.
Speaker 4: Thing about national media is they they yes, they're informed they have their sources. They a lot of times get information before we get it, or we get it before we just can't say anything about it.
Speaker 5: And was on team last week talking about how how Anthony Brown was going to step up and start starting like he ain't even on our football team. He ain't even on our like this is this is what I'm saying, Like this.
Speaker 4: Is been on like what two more teams since he's.
Speaker 10: Not even He was.
Speaker 5: Literally last night he's talking about that this is the next guy is going to step up and be a part of our football team like and and be he ain't even here.
Speaker 6: You know, you know that been my beat for the last since we started, since we all got together. It's always amazed me that, uh, the one hitter, the one hitter get her man.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say something ugly, but one hitter, and uh.
Speaker 6: Everybody's looking for that one big splash when you say something and they go viral. Everybody's looking for that, you know, Uh, the guy that ran Shining Shop off, you know, you know this guy that just made Jesse how they upset.
Speaker 7: You don't have to do that, you don't.
Speaker 6: You just report what you see because a lot of times they just say they thirty five thousand feet up. Report what you see, but more importantly, what happened to report and what you know? It used to be reporters. And I'll take Galloway. He most times they want you to have a reliable source, then back it up with another source. Randy Galloway wanted you to have three so you could not be refuted. But now it's like, hey, how can I put this together?
Speaker 4: Jesse said this, Nate.
Speaker 7: Said this, Oh, Shannon came with this. Now you create a story from there.
Speaker 6: You don't have editors like my man here Kurt, who's gonna break it down.
Speaker 7: And say, hey, we can't use this, we can't use that.
Speaker 6: You know, these things are unfiltered, and now that's what our goutchas are starting to.
Speaker 10: Cater to.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. And even with Jesse's show that's unfiltered, he still has a sense of.
Speaker 7: Value and how he does it, there's no value.
Speaker 6: Now it's like we got to get these one here to quitters and that's how going.
Speaker 7: And that's a shame because if.
Speaker 6: You are a big time cowboy fan and you rab it about this thing, why are you listening to anything else? Because we have enough objective guys that don't do these shows, and we have enough homers like myself that do these shows that you can figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's I think it's just the allure of the national media. Yeah, they get some stuff because agents will feed them stuff because it's a bigger splash, right, But if you want to know the ins and outs and what's really going on, and like what's happening in the locker room, what's happening like you said, Jesse, in the coaches room. You still have a great relationship, bro, you know, well a lot of the guys I mean, like yeah, all of them, like we I mean, we can't a lot of times we can't come out and say this is what's going on. But if you listen, you find out what's going on. Like you know.
Speaker 6: So, I mean it's the thing that makes you laugh is they got they got it now where at a certain point all employees have to be have to eat at a certain time. But and so the players can have that free reign over there. But Jesse can walk in, I can walk in you just hey, how you doing, big fellow? You're doing? And and you can get this insight that no one else can get but the But the bottom line is it's almost boring.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If Jess come out and say, hey, man, this year I talked to such and such and this, this is what's happening if you don't do it in an exciting way.
Speaker 5: With If it's not salacious?
Speaker 6: Right, what that means?
Speaker 10: Tell me what the world that means? For real? Help me bro spelling? You lost me there?
Speaker 6: For real?
Speaker 5: Now I said, I said that specifically for you. Defliction for nation. We can educate it.
Speaker 6: It means sexy, okay, okay, sexy to me, sexy is on one word.
Speaker 10: Sexy.
Speaker 6: Lation is a bunch of syllables, like what you gonna beat somebody?
Speaker 5: When I said, hold on arousing or appealing to.
Speaker 10: Okay, cool, joh? I like that. Now how you pronounce it correctly?
Speaker 5: Salacious?
Speaker 6: I'm going home to baby.
Speaker 5: You be ready, Big daddy on this way.
Speaker 10: I did learn a new word, Thank you, Jim.
Speaker 5: Solacious Daddy's on their way.
Speaker 4: Those fruity pebble cookies are solatious. I had him shut down today.
Speaker 6: That's right. He didn't get on.
Speaker 4: All right, good stuff, fellas, let's take our last break. We might actually be on time today. Let's take our last break and we'll we come back.
Speaker 6: More slations calls.
Speaker 4: Before we get the phone calls, I have an example of exactly what our last caller was talking was it Antoine? Was that our last what he was talking about? And what Cowboy fans, in my opinion, are probably saying about the game last night when we come back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escaped left.
Speaker 10: He'll look for a first style.
Speaker 6: Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency Preus.
Speaker 3: Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot Com?
Speaker 5: How's wing stop sound?
Speaker 13: Christy Juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed. Tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy casion fried corse. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com. SeatGeek has your back.
Speaker 12: No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't worthy care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of you week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after day Sea Geek. You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 19: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. You know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 6: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the last segment of the People Show, Hanging with the Boys. Each and every last segment is brought to you by Jigsaw, the proud of the Dallas Cowboys. Come out to the Star and watch their suv drive around and take Jesse's parking place.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you'll see it.
Speaker 5: You stand up, it's out there.
Speaker 10: You gonna lisen.
Speaker 6: You know, every time I thinked the Jigsaw, did I think about trapping m D and Jessey bringing one of his trailers and parking.
Speaker 8: Trapper m D. Boy, that's a blast from Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get him down because he just killed Bert. He went into that.
Speaker 4: Chris has some uh uh, you have some support on the text line, So Chris, you want to go a couple of mons.
Speaker 20: Of support on the text line. We got let's see Tony from New Jersey says, go Jesse, you got this Dan from Philly says Preach, Jesse, Preach, we got this one guy from the two seven says Bart Sky's a punk in.
Speaker 5: Isaiah Amenaiah a little repercussion that that needs to be repercussions put on.
Speaker 6: That like this is this I'm just reading this, But you know what, Chris, I really I really like what Chris is doing. I'm really liking what Chris is doing. But not designate your boy to be our technician over here? Come on talking.
Speaker 4: About he's too busy looking up Pharah Fawcett over there.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Amelia said, way to bring the fuego on the show just the West.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, y'all, keep stop with the Chris Berman Berman term in fuego. Remember that back in the in the what nineties?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, let's go back to the phone like.
Speaker 6: The sequel I talked about in the.
Speaker 10: Who we Got?
Speaker 5: We got Demetrius in the Rio Grand Valley, Demetrius? What's up baby?
Speaker 18: What's going on?
Speaker 10: Fellas?
Speaker 14: How y'all doing good?
Speaker 10: Good man?
Speaker 18: I got two quick things. First of all, Bark got Tiki Barber should never analyzed anything that's my first thing. Second thing, ud do we travel step on Gilmore? Now when we probably any of these jugging our receivers? No, no, And then I think the score twenty eight to six. That's all I got.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: No, No, no travel, no travel.
Speaker 8: If you travel one guy, then you gotta travel to right.
Speaker 5: You gotta travel, three, you gotta travel four, you gotta jecte the whole.
Speaker 7: Nope, I'm gonna tell you a little quick story.
Speaker 6: We did that with Dion when he first got here.
Speaker 5: See that, that's where the story stops. Yeah, that's the end of the story. Yeah, Like we did that with Dion period, Like that's just that's the end of the story.
Speaker 7: You know, how smart the other guys gotta.
Speaker 6: Be, because like what if they if Dion traveling and we got the six coverage two guys over here, this guy, but Dion's gonna travel, all those coverages go out of the window.
Speaker 7: Because once they changed the formation, all of that change.
Speaker 5: You're basically playing like you're not playing ten on ten. Yeah's over there like he's doing his own thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you gotta yeah, bro, it takes you have to be One thing I think this defense is, it's smart because there have they have so many interchangeable pieces you and you have to know so many different positions. You gotta be smart. You gotta do your film study because they find that you can't adjust you out of the rotation.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the schedule right of course, Cardinals, they don't have anybody that I'm fearful love. The Patriots will have anybody on feel for love. As far as receivers. The Niners like Deebo's debo right, like, but I don't think he's like Deebo's not be caff No, no, you can't. It's so tough and difficult to follow Debo in the backfield. They lit him up in this like, so it's better off and you just play coverage and hope just keep an eye out for him.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's tough to play because he's not lining up.
Speaker 6: Outside the Yeah, that play last night.
Speaker 5: Charge is the same thing. There's nobody in the Charge that I feel like we have to you know, we have to start. They got some good players on there in the offense receiver room, but there's no one that I fear The Rams.
Speaker 6: Same is that because you just don't like the scheme because it's not the quarterback for the charges if the Chargers was here in album.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about a receiver that is worthy of star coverage. Oh okay, I don't know there is Like there isn't a receiver that I see, Like there isn't a there isn't a Tyreek like now Christmas Day. That's different. And even still, you know Stefan Gilmoy fasten up. Nobody's fasten Tyreek Hill. You coverage, you play him with coverage.
Speaker 4: You gotta scheme him, scheme.
Speaker 5: You don't try to go. So I'm just I'm talking about the receiver that we're looking at, like justin Jefferson. You know, maybe there's a point in time when you know it's the bills to write Stefan Diggs. I would love to see that batch up, Trayvon Diggs, Stephan Diggs.
Speaker 6: We got cheated.
Speaker 5: We got cheated out of that one. But there is anybody on our schedule, Tyreek Hill, Stefan Diggs, a J.
Speaker 6: Brown.
Speaker 5: Other than that, I don't think there's another receiver that wires.
Speaker 8: About Cooper cup or Brandon I No, nope.
Speaker 5: Nope, not worthy, if not.
Speaker 6: Worthy, say this man just the adaless something. He's saying this, and I'm going along with you. But some of these guys got got coaches that can make them like that. Yeah, some of these guys got coaches that can And so I want to see as the season play on, you go through the list again and see if we still feel the same because we feel in the same way. But I want to see as the season go on.
Speaker 10: Early in this.
Speaker 7: Season, I see what you're doing, but I want to see as the season going on.
Speaker 8: So you're saying star coverage that meaning they don't necessarily have to really focus in on that guy or what.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, just what star coveras is is we're talking about all right, Uh, Gilly, you got him? Okay, when he goes to the hot Dogs, you go to the hot.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When when you break the huddle, he's standing at the huddle looking for said player, Yeah.
Speaker 6: He go rest you you ain't playing special.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 6: That's a good breakdown. But man, when I when I always put coaches into my equation when I'm when I'm trying to break down something, I always say, who is the coach, Whether it's a great minded defensive coordinator, a great offensive coordinator, a great head who is the coach that makes that difference.
Speaker 5: We literally have two of the best, yes, right, like like if you if you did, though, if you did, if you rank the coaches, if you rank coaches in the National Football League offensively and defensively, we have two top five coaches. I think Mike McCarthy will find himself in a situation where he's in the conversation of being a top five offensive minded coach. Not a shout of a doubt that Dan quiz oncoy is gonna being a top three two defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: Coaches, so, could you have two Coaches of the Year on the same team.
Speaker 10: I guess why not?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, like like I was telling Jess, we'll just wait to let this play. Yea, man ain't played out. Man, this is gonna be a.
Speaker 4: And injuries are a part of the game. So this is not gonna be the last injury.
Speaker 6: Every injuries that is one in the NFC recently. Go back and check what they're doing. Teams are running this rock. Teams are being physical. You watched last night game. Teams are running this rock. You watch Philly, they are running the rock. You watch the they are running. Teams are getting physical so now the past is something that's that's being used as an explosive play. I'm liking how how this thing is and.
Speaker 5: I believe in so much. And dan Quinn like, let's not forget people we just said, say we discovered but Michael was discovered as this pass rushing Yeah due to injury. Who did yeah, dan Quinn, but who put him there?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: But you know we had we had we had lost all our defensive ends at one point down was to the injury.
Speaker 4: That was like, because a lot of teams this other kid, Yeah, a lot of the teams he might still be playing linebacker. Yeah, he may never have gotten a chance.
Speaker 6: I just don't want to believe that teams would be that dumb. Well, I think the first year he would have been fully fully linebacker and they would have saw him hit that A gap when he was at Penn State.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, but they would have lined up in the A gap again and said, hey, you're gonna come from depth, You're gonna come from the.
Speaker 4: Second level, right, would you have ever made it to the edge.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just hoping to praying that thank God, we will never coach is dumb, Thank.
Speaker 4: God, will never know him.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it thinks happens due to injury.
Speaker 4: I mean injury creates opportunity.
Speaker 5: Miles Austin injury, like guys happened, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott injury, injury, injury. You know it all happens due to due to injury. Yeah, Jesse Holly story like it all happens. It's all about stepping up in the moment. Who can?
Speaker 19: Who can?
Speaker 5: Who can make this to the top?
Speaker 4: Salaciously?
Speaker 6: That's sure?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 4: Before we give our predictions, here's here's how I think Cowboy fans are thinking about. If you watch the Giants forty nine Ers game last night, You're on this high, you're undefeated, you're giving up how many points are they giving up? Five points a game? You score what they order they score in the game, thirty five a game after two games, and then you and then you feel good and you're going into the Cardinals game and you're like, we'll go steamroll these jokers. And then you watch that game last night and you're like, you know what, the Giants are not good. Maybe this team's not as good. You know what, the Jets didn't have Aaron Rodgers maybe they're not as good as we think that they gotta play the forty nine ers, and the forty nine ers look real good. That's just the way you're programmed. If you're now, look, you got fans of this team that on the other spectrum that we can be bad, and they're.
Speaker 7: Like, we're going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: We every year, Nate, So we got what'sitting?
Speaker 6: Don't do that. We got I'll give you a realistic view for five days a week less we're picking games. Don't do that, man, never be that crazy.
Speaker 10: But then you have.
Speaker 6: Fighting, y'all, not you, I'm fighting to get y'alled at super Bowl.
Speaker 5: But which is crazy.
Speaker 4: But then you have you know, most of our fan base is realistic, and they just they don't want to get too excited because they usually get the rug jerked out from under. So that's it, all right, all right? Our pod pick question first, We'll do that first before we do scores. Who will score if a touchdown is score not on the offensive side of the ball, defense, special teams. Who would be the person to score that touchdown this week? Nate, uh, not offensive, anybody that's not on offense. It could be an offensive guy, but it would be special teams could be a kick the turn, defensive.
Speaker 5: Math not offensively niggles not offensive.
Speaker 6: Special teams some guys.
Speaker 5: So, I got You're right, I't thinking nobody, man, jes Let's go baby, Let's let's.
Speaker 10: Let's go baby, Kurt Ron Blair, let's go.
Speaker 5: To Marcus Lorredant.
Speaker 4: You want to play now? Yeah, I got you gotta pick somebody. Nobody else is picking. They're already taking.
Speaker 6: You'll come back, Chris.
Speaker 4: Who you got?
Speaker 20: I haven't really thought about it.
Speaker 10: None of us thought about it. Yeah, you got me off.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with turping. Okay, we'll get a special teams touchdown. Okay, Jesse got blaying? You got da all? Kurt, I'll go turping. Nate's I go with Slatious Gilmore for Chris, Chris, you want to play Nate Slatious?
Speaker 7: Who's that that sexy person?
Speaker 4: Who is Who's sexy on team? Who?
Speaker 10: Will?
Speaker 6: Jay?
Speaker 4: Ron?
Speaker 10: Brian Inger?
Speaker 14: I go with.
Speaker 9: Jay?
Speaker 4: I I like it, Jay Lou Nate?
Speaker 10: All right? Now?
Speaker 4: Score predictions Kurt.
Speaker 5: Thirty three?
Speaker 10: Ten?
Speaker 6: Sweet?
Speaker 4: Who who's winning?
Speaker 6: Count?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 10: Nate?
Speaker 4: By how many?
Speaker 10: By three?
Speaker 6: By three?
Speaker 7: That's three?
Speaker 5: Chris?
Speaker 20: Who you there I'm gonna do a big wins since I told you this.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 20: It's going to be four seven, so forty seven to seven.
Speaker 7: Okay, I can get it.
Speaker 4: Four seven for forty seven to seven. Okay, I love it.
Speaker 10: I like that.
Speaker 5: Love it Jesse T shirt.
Speaker 6: Who you got?
Speaker 10: Jesse?
Speaker 5: I got the Cowboys winning this game? This is this is going to be. I got thirty six thirteen garbage points by the Cardinals in the late in the fourth quarter. This is be a blowout, thirty six third being control from from go. I like that score. What was our guys score?
Speaker 4: Forty to seventeen?
Speaker 8: Was that his forty to thirteeneen.
Speaker 4: Let me go forty to seventeen because something creepy is gonna happen and always does in Arizona. There's gonna be some kind of blunder and that's going to result in points. So I'll go forty to seventeen real quick. What's the one thing that could get the Cowboys in trouble this game? Since we all think they're gonna kill them?
Speaker 6: What's turnovers? For me? It's always gonna be turnovers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they hurt themselves.
Speaker 5: We keep it across the board? Was he turnovers all injury, injury.
Speaker 4: It's not I'll go turnover. I think the turnovers the only thing that's going to keep them from steamrolling these guys. Great show, Fellas, great hot opinions on this show.
Speaker 6: Thanks for the new word.
Speaker 5: Great new words on that. If I could just how to pronouncedacious Miss Michelle Knows on the web, put it in your voice memos and you just play it.
Speaker 4: Notion Nate, great show, Jesse, hot sports opinions, Great job Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air, and thank you to everyone listening. We will be back on Victory Monday. Yes on Hanging with the Boys out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.