Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're black.
Speaker 2: We're black, We're brown.
Speaker 1: Am ambition ambition, ambition, ambition, ambition, and we're extra round in.
Speaker 2: The suit today because we have a guest.
Speaker 1: But before we hit the guest up, Mandy, you said you wouldn't talk briefly about Beyonce girl, And what a perfect.
Speaker 3: Time to bring what we have a guess on is we've been talking about her haircare business. But also I died the Internet was broken yesterday because first of all, I'm uncomfortable with how much Beyonce is talking to us right now, like just the she's producing like content and people are looking like we're all like, I think a little PTSD from the renaissance toward how much it costs and how it just like took over last year and we're all just like so many comments are like, not yet, Beyonce, I don't have any money, Please don't letnounce a tour. But yesterday she thought she would just set the record straight in the most hilarious way that she got inches inches for days, and you know, she launched her hair care brain and people started talking about, well she wears wigs, I guess, and I had no time to read any slander of Beyonce and her strands. But it was just so funny because she she posted a reel yesterday and parted her ways six ways from Sunday, like part in her hair so you can just see no tracks, no nothing, the inches are there, all natural, and it really broke the internet. I think it had over thirty million views.
Speaker 1: Being the craziest to me is that like girl we been knew what I knew because during the deathly child days, Beyonce the girl always had hair. It was never giving bald. It was giving protective styles for the girls that know that. No, it was giving protective styles. It was giving you're not going to put super heat on my hair. It was giving I do color. I'm always changing that life. You know, we're keeping the mothership where it needs to be. It was never giving balved, but it was giving hater to those of you who did not know.
Speaker 3: But now you know so, and stop asking questions about black women's hair, like just mind your business, like that is how I business.
Speaker 2: Mind.
Speaker 1: Remember that that's Will Smith. When he was on he was trying to teach and I think z Astley how to fight at school? Was it Will Smith trying to teach like like it was either Carlton or yeah. He was like just he said, actually first she had to tell them just mind your business.
Speaker 3: Just that was that where it comes from? Because I didn't hear, but I don't remember the reference.
Speaker 1: Yes, anyway, we have a guest in this dude today, Yes we do.
Speaker 2: We know as Kim.
Speaker 1: You're gonna know her as the CEO and co founder of carl Mix. She is successful, she is resilient, she has a strong work ethic, and she has the desire to always be teaching. All these are key key metrics for an amazing leader. Well, twenty fifteen, Kim, along with her husband and company co founder Tim, Look at that Kim and Tim, that's cute, launched curl Mix as a dey subscription box for natural hair care products. Okay, and within three years of switching gears to manufacturing, the company reached one million dollars in annual sales. First of all, we're going to pause there because I hope you understand the less than two percent of businesses ever make a million dollars. It's even less for women, even less for black and brown women. So it's like she's at that her percentage is like, what's your bank be paying out to you?
Speaker 2: Shade point zeros or zero one percent? But in a good way?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So I remember Kim because during an appearance on Shark Tank of twenty nineteen, she declined a four hundred thousand dollars deal, and the following year, curl Mix received a twelve million dollar valuation for a seed.
Speaker 2: Round of funding.
Speaker 4: That's what we talk about.
Speaker 1: Curl Mixes sales catapulted to six million dollars in annual revenue and they have earned over fifteen million and lifetime sales all online aka She's bad Okay. In twenty twenty, the Lewises were included in Forest Coveted thirty Under thirty list, and she was named among Crane's Chicago Businesses twenty and their twenties, along with landing on Oprah's Favorite Things list okay. Curl Mixed products have been featured in Essence on Essence, dot Combit dot Com, Like Enterprise, dot Com, Refinery, to name a few, and in twenty twenty one, curl Mix was listed at number ninety three on the Ink five thousand lists of Growing Companies.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: The company continues to make headlines by offering shout us is a lot just so she's bad at me.
Speaker 2: You know I'm reading.
Speaker 4: I'm glad girl, I gotta get you a new bio too. I was like, this will sound a few years old.
Speaker 2: I'm like, but either way, kim Is just I mean some of you. If you saw you'd be like, oh, yes, I remember.
Speaker 1: She's got a Gorcia head to hair herself. So welcome to the studio, Kim.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me. I'm such a fan. I have such a fan. You are so good at talking. I want to club, but I'm trying to be mindful of that. This is a listening podcast.
Speaker 3: Wait to y'all. So if you want to see the curls that kim Is has slay and is just providing us all the glory of today, go to YouTube check out Brown Ambition podcast. But it's so great to meet you, Kim. I haven't met you before, so it's it is lovely to meet you.
Speaker 4: Mandy. Yes, likewise, I love the big hair. I'm such a big hair fan and a lock fan. I almost got I almost got lot of s Tiffany, and then they said, no, ma'am, it's not in your contract. You can't change your hair.
Speaker 3: We what for real?
Speaker 4: No, I'm joking.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm about to say because I was like the curl Act of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: That is so funny, right, No, I'm my own board of directors and I my boards on me. I cannot change my hair.
Speaker 2: It is the brand.
Speaker 4: Thank you, yes as well, we welcome you here.
Speaker 1: So Kim kind of sounds like the inception story, like you know, like what made you start? Like were you already married when you and your husband started it? And like I'd love some little background on how it was to be on It was Shark Tank.
Speaker 4: Right yeah yeah, yes, so so Chromix today. We help you master your curves in twenty one days. And so many women want this hairstyle. They want the hairstyle they can wear it to work, to their kids soccer game, to their date night, and they want to be natural, right, And so my customers typically a black Woe number forty. She doesn't really want to wear like a lot of synthetic things in her hair, but she also wants to have something she can do on her own. And I have to go to a stylus every time she needs to done. But we didn't start that way. We started to do it yourself box with curly hair like you mentioned some thing like blue apron, but for her hair. And then our flasuw jail was our number one selling product.
Speaker 3: And essentially we boil the seed jel.
Speaker 4: Oh do you a wonderful It's like a lightweight gel and it's basically we boil real flax seeds in our manufacturing facility and then we extract the gel gigi jael, and then we put it in a bottle. And people wouldn't do that for us early on, like no many. If we went to three manufacturers, they all said no. And so I was about seven months pregnant in my kitchen making thirty different We're fifty different batches of flax jail, and so we landed on one that do dot could scale. And then we launched our customers and sold hundreds of the amount of hours and I was like, oh, we should be doing this, and so we pivoted the business. I given birth that that December, and we pivoted in January. Yeah, I was a crazy person, my ma. It was in factory with me till like two three o'clock in the morning at like a couple of six weeks. You know, that's six weeks. It's gonna be like two months, you know. But still I worked like in the hospital after I actually gave birth. I am not proud of that. I am not promoting that. I am not telling you I would not do that again. Okay, I don't know that girl. That girl don't exist no more. But I was doing this back then. In that year, we pivoted the business and I thought we would fail. But that January we were doing like three thousand dollars. I think the next month we did eight thousand, and a month after that and I said, we just get to sixteen thousand, I'd be our bet month in business ended up doing like thirty thousand, and we had I spent a dollar on Facebook aheads and I was like, oh, this is what we should be doing. And so that year we stedued a million bucks. And that was the year we were actually filmed for Shark Tank, and then we appeared the year after and that's when we hit our first like five million revenue. We had gotten an investment from the former CEO of LinkedIn, Jeff Wiener from one point two MILI and some other partners, and then we crowdfunded. After that four point five million from about seven thousand customers, and that's when we hit our first ten million in revenue. And then we just launched an ulti beauty last year. So we waited about seven years to go into retail.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, be a fan, We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back. How is business now like? So kind of going back, it's been twenty almost ten years, right, you launched in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: Almost, but we pivoted in twenty eighteen. So those first three years, I didn't know what I was doing the business, you know it was It wasn't even like the same business. And that's incredible since twenty eighteen for sure.
Speaker 3: To be brave enough to make that pivot and to see where the marketplace when like say, oh hey people want this, You're not too tied to the original vision that you had to say let's pivot and let's change. And it was such a smart business. I feel like some businesses close themselves by not listening and not following the numbers. You know, I watch those shows. I love that show. My husband and I the prophet on CNBC with that guy was bald and goes to places and they're all, yeah, Flomonis and you know, it's a struggling business, and so many of them are in denial, like literally doing the same thing without being willing to change. So I just wanted to call that out. How brave and smart that was. But so now since twenty eighteen to now, how do you feel about how things are going now? And sort of I don't want to be the one who's like what's next and what's the next big thing on the But how is life now? You got two older kids, right, got you and your husband working together for so long? How is life? And how is business today versus you know when you guys started business?
Speaker 4: Is? Okay? This is a tough year. These last year. Last year was tough. We we did ten million of the year prior and then we went down to six last year out.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling because last year almost broke my soul. You won't fake my soul.
Speaker 4: Girl, girl, I had learned, you know. I that was like my first real recession as a business owner. And so now I'm like, I was just I want to stop to dinner with my homie last night, divine. I've been friends with this guy because I was twenty twelve years old. We bought the business owners and in twenty and one we would have to get it together. We was fighting over who was picking up the tab. It was like, you know, it was like no, sorry, you got the bill was like three hundred dollars, you know what I mean? There was so good. It was drinks. This is my homie, just like my brother. This time we both ordered a meal that was like under fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: I had one drink.
Speaker 4: I was like, we ain't got to do to go too crazy. Just give me a little burger. We don't need no oysters and I don't need that. No no dessert, no apps deserve You're trying to get swim. And I'm just like, I'm like, he was, like, he's telling me about all these investments. Right, he's invested I don't know, millions of dollars in lots of different places, but he has no liquid cash because he just put it in so many investments, which is good, but it's like you still need twenty percent liquid at least, you know. And so now he was just and I agree with him, same thing. And so now he's trying to divest in some of these things so he can get some liquid, you know, liquidity but anyway, that's just I don't know, it's it's tough out here, and so were the business is now we're in retail and so that's going well. So that's that's that's on the positive side. And then we just crowdfunded about one point five million from about a.
Speaker 2: Couple of customers.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: And then we are working on we work with this foundation to move our factory to a more a newer facility Sana size, but like more affordable. But it's going to be like brands making new and we're partnering with the foundation. And then as far as like the business, what's next, I think really putting in that executive team to run the businsiness while I can be the face because right now, you know, the last two years I've been trying to do the face, the fundraising and running, and then my team has been doing the operations. But it's like I found out, the companies that are doing twenty thirty million to twenty to thirty forty million dollars, they have about four people who are basically off CEOs.
Speaker 2: Running the company.
Speaker 4: Yes, one person to face, one person's a fundraiser, one person running the business, and we have a makefactured for so, so one person you run that so and then you need a lot of money to do that. And I only raise one point five million of the five on the crowd fund, so I need to raise like another five to ten million dollars and so I'm trying to do that over the next ninety days. So I got the foundation to help with media, you'll probably be a few million, and then I'm going to reach out to some other folks who believe in the category and know what we're doing, they want to invest. So that's what I'm working on. And then as far as personally, my babies are good. They're four and six. Say have little boys, they love their mama. I'll do you. They're the best. Boys love their mamas. And as personally as me, I have been soul searching because I've been working for so long and I gave up so much. And I'm thirty two now, but I've been ch since i was twenty one, so and I was only able to do it because I was married, right, Like, there's certain privileges of being married. That was one of them. I could work on the business and not make anything, and he was making money. But in that, you know, we became parents young, We were founders young. We were taking care of our parents. You know, his mom has Alzheimer's and his dad passed away, and my mom is mortgaging. We're just taking care of everybody, you know. So we didn't really get to live, you know, a twenty something life. And I think we both are like, how do we live the twenty something life in our thirties or maybe not exactly the twenty something, but just that that individuality and that freedom that we didn't get before. So that's what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 3: That's that's so incredible. Okay, So I want to hear more about that. Have you guys been on your own journey in that way or like, are you what does that look like to be? It's almost better because at least now you got money, but also there's stakes, You got kids, you got a mortgage, so it's a little bit hard. You're never going to capture that freedom of like having the nothing to do and then figuring out what to do. But what is that like? Because I think I'm thirty six. I would love to have another stab at my twenties and see what I could play what I could do, So, yeah, what have you come up with so far?
Speaker 4: Maybe this is a good question. So I read it was after the pandemic in like twenty twenty one. I read Richard Rodgery as we shall be millionaires and.
Speaker 2: That's my homie. I just start her this weekend.
Speaker 4: I love her. And I read it and I cried, Yeah, this is actually had like fifteen thousand followers. Like, so it was like in the beginning and I crab and I read it because it was just talking about women's economic development and how we've been left out of society and it's just understanding that we have to be really like men contol our lives essentially, like we haven't. We grow up thinking you have to be married, you have to do all these things, and you never really consider you as an individual, right, and then somehow you're less valuable in society if you're not married, if you don't have these things. And so I was just AND's been a really good partner to me. So it's not like it's not like I'm like trying to escape him or anything like that, but it's more like, well, dang, like what do I like? What are my hobbies?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: And I looked up and I didn't have any and I was like, oh my god, I want my own apartment. I was like, I love you, You're great, but like, I don't like the way our house looks. I want to see a viewer every morning when I wake up, you know. And I can't live in Cape Town right now because we have the business. So what's the next best thing? And I'm like a high rise in Atlanta? And typically people are like, well, why do you you know? There's like you you should be at home. You should be this is this is what your life should look like. A woman's not supposed to have her den, or have her space in the house or have her own place. And everyone looked at me sideways. All the men were like, he's okay with that, And I'm like, you know, and when you hear that, it's just like, you know, like, I'm a grown woman.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Did you are you renting like an office space or do you have an apartment.
Speaker 4: Like I have much an apartment for my family like.
Speaker 3: You're doing like the Charlotte. The Charlotte moved from Sex and the City. Do you remember or no? Yeah, because she like moved into Carrie's apartment that was like her mama space, her quiet space. I didn't know I was so smart not just have a coworking like a workspace, but like a life, a zen den. I call it a zen den. You deserve.
Speaker 4: I love that because because I just want children, right so like and I didn't and I've been at home with my kids, you know, while still running the business for several years. And I don't regret that. I wouldn't change that. And I'm not saying I didn't I regret how I lived my when I said that at all either, But yeah, so you build a house that's comfortable for kids when you do that. Yeah, so it's not.
Speaker 3: Tell me nothing.
Speaker 4: This used to be my zen den, Kim, but I'm st in the background.
Speaker 3: It is and it's not mine. And my hair is so big because I got a lot of legos to hide on the phone another way that I have. But my space has shrunk so much, and however it was. It's temporary. But I'm really excited because I'm starting to take back the bathroom. And my house is small, okay, very small, sixty hundred square foot. It's it's puny, but so I'm making it I'm maximizing and anyway, we're putting the kids in one room together so that I can have an upstairs room again to myself. But I just think that's that's brilliant.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I also could see what people could have thoughts about that, but I'm also like, ah, none of their business, right, And let me.
Speaker 1: Ask you this, Kim, Like, I feel like so many of my entrepreneur friends are on the same journey of like those who've been doing it for like ten years plus around that they're in this soul searching component where it's.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, so here I am.
Speaker 1: You know, I've done all this work I've had, this says I guess, And so my sister and I call it.
Speaker 2: I am I'm happy. I guess that's what you call it. You're like, this is great. I guess you know. It's not like nervous.
Speaker 1: Left or like, oh shit, I dedicated so much time and I'm not You're not unhappy because I've only been here.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I'm not unhappy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: There's success and I've done all the things that collected the awards and that's great.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of like is that it? I mean, I thought I was supposed to be like, Whooo, I'm not getting that feeling.
Speaker 1: And so you realize that there's something this internal work necessary because it's not going to happen from the outside end.
Speaker 2: And so what you're saying, I just hope for.
Speaker 1: Those of you who are listening to who have businesses or careers or whatever understanding that like the the acquisition of all the things is actually not the thing, not the thing. You know that it's not the thing, And so are you figuring out for you what the thing is?
Speaker 2: And what is it? What have you figured it out for yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And you know, and mindie, like I'm not living in this department full time, right, so like I'm still going back and forth per sent you. I go, I'm probably in this apartment maybe like a week at the month, or if I need to do deep work, I come to it, or if I need to be inspired, or I'm just because you know, my house in Chicago is more like it's gray walls. It's it's narrow because it's a city house. It doesn't get a lot of sunlight, and it's baby five, so there's like a climbing while in the basement and there's kid like number lines and how to pronounce valves everywhere you know you was a school teacher tip, and you know what the rooms look like. That's how my basement was, the whole basement. And so I looked at it. I said, I don't have a space in the house. And I also don't do things I loved anymore. Before we had kids and it was just us. We would travel every quarter to a new country, like I had been to twenty countries by the time I had kids, and so and then we had our first baby, and we still went to We took it with us to Italy and to Belize and to Yosemite and all these places. But baby number two made some of that stuff like almost impossible. While building the startup, and I realized, you know, I did one of Rachel Cargo's meditations where you think about you talk to the seven year old version of yourself seven d oh okay, And it's like if you were in you know, you're talking to the seven year old version of yourself, and she's where is she sitting when you visit her? You know, is she in a house? Is she an apartment? Is she on the beach? You know, what does her cup look like, what is she drinking, what is she wearing? You know, how does she smell? Who's in the house with her? And all these like questions. And then it was like, now you sit down, and what's the first thing you ask her? And then you realize that that's the thing that you're missing, that's the thing that the thing that's keeping you up. The first thing you ask the seven year old self, you know, the first thing I asked her, you know, do my kids love me? It was like the first thing then you know they still love me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: The next thing I asked myself was did you see the world? You know? And then and then it just became clear to be like, oh my gosh, like these are the things I worry about. These are the things I'm not prioritizing. And it was not about was chromis successful? That was like number six or seven?
Speaker 2: Ooh.
Speaker 4: And then I imagined her answering, right, I'm thirty two, seventy year old version of me lives another thirty eight years, and Chromix has been the last five of my life. And I imagine her laughing that I was even asked that just because I can barely remember things that happened to me ten years ago, you know, and to think I'm going to be seventy and broken up about anything that may have happened with Kromax in thirty eight years, you know. And so it just gave me so much.
Speaker 3: Perspective, great perspective, I mean, amazing perspective.
Speaker 1: Hey, ba fan, we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back. I like, as she was saying the meditation, I don't know many of you were doing it, but I was doing it. And the first thing, like I was, I amadine mind because I often imagine my seventy year old self were sitting on a rocking chair, Wanda, that's what I call her, sitting on a rockum chair. She's wearing this flowy white dress. I know exactly what the house looks like. It's on her property. And the first thing, when you were saying the first thing I asked herself, I was like, were we happy?
Speaker 2: Are we happy?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like, and it's like and then the second thing like did we find love again? You know?
Speaker 1: And so like these are the things that you're right, And I'm like, okay, these And I didn't even think until you said about I didn't even ask about Kromas.
Speaker 2: I just was't like, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Ask anything about budget Essa, Like, as I was playing, that didn't even come up because I'm like, girls, she'll getting out my no budget, Lissa, like I feel like, you know how my niece's a nephew, like you know, like did we travel even more?
Speaker 2: Because I traveled a lot, you know so, But my main thing was are we happy? Are we peaceful? Are we settled? You know? Do we have love connectedness? And that's really it.
Speaker 1: So that was like, such, if you are listening, where can we find that meditation by Rachel Cargo.
Speaker 4: I just heard her talk about it on stage at Rachel Rogers Ros Summer a couple of years ago. It wasn't even like online or anything. It was just and she was just saying, I started imagining myself like you, Tiffany, And I'm like, she's in living in a mountainous area overlooking like something like a cape town with several mountains and beaches and water, and she's wearing a cute, little fit cited black dress with a big gray afro with big jewelry, and you can tell she's traveled, and she's speaking languages and she's joking to you in French, you know, and I'm like, yeah, I was like, I'm not living that life right now? How do I take steps to be that woman? You know?
Speaker 3: I would get lost in that visual and then I would come back and be like, oh wait now I got to get her there? Like dang, but how did we do it? Why can't you answer me?
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: How did they get done? Ma'am? Mandy man hard of hearing? Please give me some Can you just tell me how we do it? Now that we told me what? Yeah, that's so huge, Okay. And the perspective on your business too, because I feel like sometimes when you were an entrepreneur, it's so easy to create another nine to five where you feel like you are tied to this thing and I'm going to retire here. I'll be loyal to this for twenty thirty years. But it sounds like you got a lot of fire in you and this may not be the end. So are you thinking, hey, let's potentially come to places where we can sell and then spin this off into something else? Like how are you thinking what needs to shift now for you to get that version of yourself?
Speaker 4: My biggest goal is returning the money to my customers who can invest to be a cross fund. I don't really care how much money I end up with it. At the end of the day, I care about them getting at least their money back and then some So I would love to give them. You know, if you put in five hundred, would love to get someone back a thousand dollars and then so yes, exiting or sell in a company in the name of my nine thousand customers who invested, Like, that's what I want to do, return their money. And then after this, I definite need to travel more. I'm I'm trying to. If you guys were crushing it by Gary ve No, No, they just talked about like, figure out what the thing you love and make your job making content around that thing and so so you can get paid to do that thing and it never feels like you're working, but you're working a lot type of thing. I don't know if that makes sense, But like for me, I love basically right, I love travel. You know, I would love to be paid to travel. That would be that would be happy for them, That would make me happy. Or travel show. Zac Efron has this travel show where he's going around did y'all see it? It's like sustainability and he's visiting different countries.
Speaker 2: And I've heard of it. I think I see the episode.
Speaker 3: Who has it? Zach?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, And he's going to different countries about and lot about sustainability. But it's just so cool and it's crazy because this guy and the show is just like really earthy, really like knowledgeable guy about sustainability. And at the end of the series, this man's house burns down in Malibu because of.
Speaker 3: A forest fire. Who which zach Efron's house?
Speaker 4: The guy who he's with guide the guide and it's like, this is like we're not taking care of our planet. And it was just like a really meaningful documentary. And I would love to be something like that around like business and travel for black folks in the diaspora next right, But then I'll probably start another product company because it's my expertise. But I won't be so I won't be killing myself to do it, you know what I mean. It'll be like ten hours a week or something. You know, like my goal is not to give myself another nine to five.
Speaker 3: You know, you're only thirty two.
Speaker 4: Holy shit, you're only thirty People will say say, I'm like you're a young too.
Speaker 3: No, I know we are. And if you're only forty, what iy four? But I would see.
Speaker 2: I'm like, girl, I don't now.
Speaker 3: Let's that you're figured it out. We're not, don't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not doing that, Like I know the number. That's all the team though for we having some real come to Jesus talk.
Speaker 1: I know they listen to, hey girl, we're talking on Wednesdays about the time you hear this, and I'll be the cat is out of the bed.
Speaker 2: But I've been honest with them.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm not breaking my back anymore because low key, high key I could just be me, myself and I and have a few handful of people and still make my seven figures. I could do that, but I'm trying to create a place where black women, especially have a place to make good money in a sustainable way that helps other black women, And so I extend myself a little further to make sure there's room for more.
Speaker 2: People to be paid. But I don't need to that.
Speaker 1: Like if I just showed up just as Tiffany speaking engagment as both first work, that's seven figures for me.
Speaker 2: So I could just be like La La la la, I go sit down somewhere, you know.
Speaker 1: But I want that, but not if I'm the only one gonna be working, cause why you know, like no, you have to adjust, Like my expectation is, is that you arise to the occasion or I quite honestly, people can't stay here anymore. I'm not doing that anymore. I'm not gonna break my back. I'm not going to kill myself. So everybody can eat and I can eat less. You know, like no that if I'm going to put in the work, my expectation is, so will you or don't you know?
Speaker 2: And so there's huge shifts.
Speaker 1: Coming because I get to have joy too. I get to wake up, I get to not feel stressed. To your point, Kim, I have identified my four I called my four horsemen. These are the four people who are running the company where I feel comfortable. I'm going away all and all. I already told Manny, we were talking about this briefly yesterday. Where my aim is, I want to take four months off a year. I'm taking like moving forward, going to take May in June. I'm already taking May off and then November and December off every single year. I'm talking about like off off, don't call me, don't reach out though nothing girl is going you know, to do whatever, either to lay at half in the house or like really to travel the world. And what do I have to do? How often do we have to take the podcast for example, in order to like cover those times dates in May? Yeah, girl, your girls, I'm going to South Africa. Actually, like I'm going to South Africa, and beyond going to South Africa, I'm going to Namibia, I'm going to Zimbabwe and like yeah, so just because if not now, when like after my husband passed away, it was such a highlight where it's like I didn't think to myself, oh my gosh when I was sitting next to him that like oh what you know, like what is that much of these have to do tomorrow? None of that came up. All that came up is I wish I had more time to love on him. I wish I had more time to stay connected like physically to him. And that's it. It was just loving connection. That's the only thing that came up. So if that's the only thing that came up, that's the only thing that matters, because like what else are we doing? Like of course, if you don't have enough money to support yourself and feed yourself, and all those things are going to come up, you know, But like I that is not my reality. I have enough to support and feed myself. So why am I still navigating from a place of like, gotta go get it? Go get what sis the refrigerators full?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: And so so many of my of my business friends are in that space where I'm like, why are you still working so hard when you've done the thing already?
Speaker 2: We get it. You're a bad ass girl. You don't got to prove nothing else.
Speaker 1: You don't got to collect the not nan other award, you know, like your major of millions, like congratulate regulations, but like and what you know, and the fact that like I'm glad you're you're figuring this out so young, so you can really focus the rest of your life on, like the accumulation of love and connectedness and adventure and excitement, and that the business is just one of the tools to accomplish that larger life. The business is not the thing.
Speaker 4: It's not, you know, I always tell people, it's the means. It's like, a business is only a means to an end. What is the end? You know, figure that out and then figure out the means you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, Ken, thank you, you're the best. Thank you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna let you hop because I know you all right.
Speaker 2: By