Speaker 1: The fan.
Speaker 2: It's time for Vikings Country, brought to you by Miller Lte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from KFA N and the Vikings Radio Network.
Speaker 1: Must Kurtz.
Speaker 3: Great drop, hey fade, man wide open pot touch down. Jordan Madison, Welcome to the National Football League. Madison's motions across the formation. Cousins Macaulachan potted the five and stumbles this late in the two, he put his way into the end zone. Touch downn Vikings play action. The Madison's great drop looks at the end zone, rose to a man, wide open touchdown Vikings kJ Osborne Cousins all of the shotgun steps up. He shoots one deep center of the field and it's caught. Jordan Addison fifteen to ten touchdown. Jordan Madison, who's under center, puts that it's an emotional left play action top to the left past Hockinson.
Speaker 4: The tackle talk down.
Speaker 1: Jay Hawkinson.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Vikings Country.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: We're here in Maple Grove at Malon's with Miller Life. You're of Minnesota, Vikings here on KFA and a muss and a very special guest.
Speaker 1: Can find them is with us what's going on, buddy, not the much I'm chilling.
Speaker 4: I put that together and it's off with all of those highlights because everybody just settled down.
Speaker 1: Oh too, Yeah, I get it. But there's big things that.
Speaker 4: Are still happening for Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you just calmed down.
Speaker 5: Everybody can calm down. No panic. We're not panicking as a team.
Speaker 6: Obviously, it's not the start we wanted, but we know that there's a lot of football left and a lot of more wins that we're gonna get.
Speaker 4: Five It was a five days, two games right basically and part of football. Yeah, that's a great way to start the season. But then you get, you know, like kind of a mini buy in that. Did you get eat time to like chill out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I got three days to sit and watch a bunch of football movies.
Speaker 1: Well football movies.
Speaker 5: Did you want to watch water Boy? Watch grid Iron Gang, and watch Radio last night? And Radio? Oh my gosh, I cry, Oh you watched it when I was a kid, but I didn't remember it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I watched it yesterday like actually understanding what's going on?
Speaker 5: And I cry, Oh that is a heap crime movie there for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I also credit water Boys, So I mean, I'm just kind of one of those.
Speaker 5: People and just like I can't cry about anything, I.
Speaker 1: Can't help it at all. So that's sweet. See.
Speaker 4: So on your days off away from football, you watch more football?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed football, especially this early in the season when you're just football is finally starting. You go through training camp and go through preseason. Especially with the Vikings, we didn't really get much playing time in preseason, so you're just so thirsty to get some football. And now that it's here, I'm watching all the college games, watching really everything I possibly can, football movies, and just living and breathing football.
Speaker 5: At this point.
Speaker 4: Cam off season, a lot of things happen in your life away from Yes, the football field.
Speaker 5: You got married, man, I did? Yeah, congratulations, thank you. It's fun.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: I'm a new man.
Speaker 1: Why I mean, no congratulations? Sorry, I've been.
Speaker 5: Married for twenty four years.
Speaker 1: That's why I say what, but no, congratulations? Man, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fun. Did it in the Philippines.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 5: I was able to spend my whole off season out there.
Speaker 6: My wife should be here pretty soon, so it will be her first NFL game, first football game ever really once she gets out here.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited for that.
Speaker 4: And then with the Chargers game coming up, and we'll talk a little bit about that coming up on the way here, because you know this show we just talked about stupid stuff. But you have you have a fair amount of family. Yeah, I mean growing up in California. Yeah, were you go Chargers fans?
Speaker 6: Fun Funny enough, I played for the Corona Chargers all my youth football, right, so I kind of had to be a Charger fan because I was the closest team to us, and I was also the youth team I was playing for. So I wouldn't say I was a Charger fan. It is kind of like, Okay, that's the only team you could root for because you played for the Chargers. I would say halfway, but for sure not anymore.
Speaker 4: When you have a family members coming to the game, they're not gonna wear Chargers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, my family, anybody that's a Charger fan.
Speaker 6: I know my barber and his wife are coming to the game and they're soup.
Speaker 5: They're die hard Charger fans. But I said, I'm not.
Speaker 6: No field passes, no game tickets unless you wear a Viking jersey, so they bought my jersey. So I'm like, okay, you guys, get no pictures with I'm not taking If you guys were any Charger gear, I'm not taking a picture with you.
Speaker 5: I don't care if you flew out.
Speaker 4: We're here at Malone's and it's Vikings Country with Miller Lyte and our friends with Dizzy as well here and you can stop on out. We're giving away tickets in the Miller Lite Lounge to go and see the Minnesota Vikings taking on San Francisco later on this season, so that'd be a huge game. I thought it was interesting because I was looking at I don't know, I still call it Twitter even though it's X.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Kobe Bryant right there when you go to your page, when you go to go look at cam beezy, Yeah, right with the underscore at the end, which always screws me up just a little bit.
Speaker 5: I know, it's annoying I have to put that.
Speaker 6: But somebody took cam vzy and like, somebody, somebody take these guys account and give.
Speaker 5: It to me.
Speaker 4: But you have a picture there, and it's a Kevin Garnett when he was with the Boston Celtics is in the foreground, and then Colby Kobe there that's still sitting up there.
Speaker 1: What is the connection.
Speaker 6: Really the Mamba mentality and really how I modeled my game and really just my mindset of training. Really everything I do in sports is having that mentality. Of the picture is them Kobe and Kevin Garnett, two of the biggest dogs and sports arguing going at it in the finals.
Speaker 5: And that's just my mindset.
Speaker 6: Always just be regardless of how much you're talking, you're play better show on the field and you better just be a dog out there.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to.
Speaker 4: Your marriage and your wedding and everything like that, because you play piano.
Speaker 1: That was one of the first things that you bought yourself when you got your contract.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was it was a piano.
Speaker 4: So did you go to the cheap route and then decide instead of getting an organist and have to pay a stipend at the church, that you just played yourself.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not that good yet. I'd be too nervous and crying too much. I could barely speak my vow, so I couldn't even I couldn't imagine trying to play a song myself. But funny, I brought my friend that I met out here that I bought the piano from. Yeah, I remember, I told you the story where I was looking for a car wash ended up stumbling upon the piano place and my friend that I made there that sold me the piano. I flew him to the Philippines to play.
Speaker 5: At my wedding.
Speaker 6: Oh very good, Like I needed a full circle moment to play at my wedd and because he's the one that got me my first piano, so that was cool for having him there.
Speaker 5: And but yeah, there's no chance I was playing myself.
Speaker 1: What is the go to song that you actually can play?
Speaker 4: I mean this is probably I'm guessing this is how you lock down that whole opportunity with now your wife where I mean you're smooth if you're playing the piano, I mean that that that's a good pickup.
Speaker 6: I know we talked about Brian mcnight, yet I'm not that good enough to play his music.
Speaker 5: I'm still trying to learn on YouTube his stuff.
Speaker 6: But the song I learned recently was all my Life by Casey and Jojo. Okay, and I'm learning that right now. I was practicing that before I got here. That's why I was a few minutes late. But yeah, that's that's what I've been trying to practice and learn it secretly until my wife gets here so I can surprise he once you get here.
Speaker 1: Very nice. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I love Yeah. So, Brian mcdpe, you mentioned that the last time with us. Are you still listening to love songs as you get geared up for games? Because most players are sitting there just.
Speaker 1: Jamming away on you know, Thunderstruck, it was just.
Speaker 4: Or Metallica or yeah, they're just jamming some heavy music and you're listening to love.
Speaker 6: Show still listening to my love songs. I kind of evolved a little and grew up to go from love songs to my last song before I go out is gonna be some reggae to try and get me in the vacation mode, so to get my mind back on vacation and having fun while I'm out there playing. So I've graduated from the heartbreak music to little reggae to just one song though everything else, heartbreak music.
Speaker 4: The only one going out on the field that actually has a tear in their.
Speaker 5: Eyes because the moment when I'm listening to the.
Speaker 4: Song cam buying them is my guest here Viking Country with Miller Light. We're here at Malone's up on Out. We're here on KFA until seven o'clock, but we're also here until eight thirty giving away tickets in the middle of like lounge. Monday night football interesting this year where they're not even just doing double headers, they're overlapping games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does it feel weird.
Speaker 5: It's confusing. I thought it was.
Speaker 6: I thought they were playing like a replay yesterday when I was watching the Browns and the Steelers game and I saw the Panthers and the Saints, I was like, is this is this old?
Speaker 5: Then I saw Bryce Young playing. I was like, oh no, that's not right now. So it was weird. I didn't understand.
Speaker 6: But I'm like, I guess more football and makes it. I guess spread out the spread the love with the football because it's crowded on Sunday trying to catch all the games at one time, especially when I have the Sunday ticket and there's like six games on at one time, and like that's kind of tough to keep up with.
Speaker 5: So I like it, did.
Speaker 1: You happen to catch the Christapleton and Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 5: No, I did not.
Speaker 1: Oh who was that on? They do it?
Speaker 4: They did a Monday night football anthem together.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you're good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, are you kidding me? Stapleton, it's a hit or miss. Snoop Dogg is always good. You can never this was Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 5: Is that that's a weird mix.
Speaker 4: It is a really but it was It was actually really, really good. I ended up catching that. Okay, we gotta talk a little football. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Uh seven turnovers?
Speaker 4: Uh, we're negative six and they take give four turnovers in the red zone. Most are fumbles are our turnovers? Kind of like if someone yawns in a room, you're gonna yawn.
Speaker 1: To a Are they contagious?
Speaker 4: Does it just all a sudden like man, once it starts happening and it just keeps on happening.
Speaker 6: I would say on the defensive end getting turnovers, once you get one, they start to stack up. So I can speak for us, I can't speak much for the offense, but I know that those are just mistakes that have been made. But it's not gonna be a consistent thing, especially with the type of players that we have. It's not guys that are going to be consistently making those mistakes and losing the ball and people that have a history of doing that. It's it's really been. I don't I wouldn't call it a fluke, but it's it's not going to keep happening. So that's where we have hope and we know that there's not going to be it's not going to be reoccurring theme with our offense and with our defense. Forget what the offense is doing. We have to take to create more turnovers. Yeah, and that's we could, that's in our hands.
Speaker 5: So we've only created one turnover in two games.
Speaker 6: So we take responsibility for having the negative turnover margin and not being positive on that because as much as people want to talk about the offense defense, we're not doing our job taking the ball as much as we should can.
Speaker 4: We want to go into some more heavy football, like me deep dive.
Speaker 5: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 1: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 4: Justin Herbert who you playing against right in college? The dude throws off kind of a Brad Pitt aura too.
Speaker 1: He kind of looks like Brad Pitt. He's a handsome, handsome man. Behave, especially when you have the flow going. Oh man, are you kidding me? Are you a Brad Pitt fan?
Speaker 6: I couldn't call myself a fan because I probably can't name too many movies.
Speaker 1: He's really not one Brad Pitt movie? Is it Moneyball?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 5: He and mister and Missus Smith? Yeah? Okay, oh yeah, yeah that movie's good. Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so Herbert, I think he looks like a lot like Brad Pitt. And I can't really pin what is my absolute favorite movie?
Speaker 1: Meet Joe Black? Now, didn't like that one? Fight Club is really good?
Speaker 5: If you've seen that. I haven't seen a lot of movies. I suppose it was that's why I was watching movies trying.
Speaker 6: To catch up.
Speaker 4: Possibly I'll give you a list of Ocean's eleven at least, right what.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: The movies I wasn't allowed to watch growing up.
Speaker 1: Now, I haven't you've seen Moneyball? At least?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't seen anything.
Speaker 1: Well, they're just went three pages in my notes there.
Speaker 5: Are I'm an Adam Sandler guy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, The Sandman is Yeah, best Adam Sandler movie in your opinion. I am asking this question slowly so that way you get a chance to actually think about it, because Adam Sandler is the bomb.
Speaker 5: Recently off top of my head. Just go with it.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's a loved one. That one like made me feel good inside.
Speaker 1: He loves ballads.
Speaker 5: I like chick flick all that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we got more coming up here on the way.
Speaker 1: We're at Malone's.
Speaker 4: This is Vikings Country with Miller Light and our friends and busy as well.
Speaker 1: Stop on out here.
Speaker 4: We're here until eight thirty giving away tickets in the Miller Light Lounge. Watch your Minnesota Vikings at us Banks Stadium.
Speaker 1: More coming up on the way. Nay to the fan.
Speaker 2: It's time for Vikings brought to you by Miller Light. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from kfa N and the Vikings Radio Network.
Speaker 3: Mussums upon Reddick from his front plot PAF left hot. Jefferson Hi breaches for the end zone any charge justin caught it at the five yard line and he got down to the one so that they catch up thirty yards with thirty three seconds to go in the first half. Excellent catch by Jefferson first in Gold, Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Wow, what a is What a great job. That's a that's a questionable thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they want.
Speaker 3: To look at this and see if you fumbled it, because if he fumbled it out of bombs in the end zone, it's a touchback.
Speaker 1: And it's Philadelphia, though.
Speaker 4: Let everybody took the well, California, here we go.
Speaker 5: I feel like.
Speaker 4: Can bite them, is my guest here. It's Vikings Country, tons of Vikings fans who we yeah, sitting here at Malone's and Maple Grove. We play that coming back, not only because I want you to feel like you're at home.
Speaker 1: It's Corona, right.
Speaker 5: Yep, Corona, California.
Speaker 1: Corona, California. And what's life like in Corona?
Speaker 6: I mean what, let's see pretty slow, good good weather. Yeah, nice and hot in the summer, not too cold in the winter time. But really I like because it's close enough to the beach, but not beach prices.
Speaker 5: So it's like, yeah, thirty five minutes from.
Speaker 6: The beach, but we get to escape the multiplying by ten house prices right exactly?
Speaker 4: So now, is at where you reside outside of Minnesota or are you just staying in Minnesota?
Speaker 6: I mean my off season this whole year, I was barely in California, becuse I was in the Philippines all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, my family's home. We're still there. Oh, Corona, got.
Speaker 1: You, got you, gotcha.
Speaker 4: The other reason I played that whole thing coming back here and Brett Blake Moore is doing a great job the Rosen houses back there as well back at the studios.
Speaker 1: But that's the dumbest rule I've.
Speaker 4: Seen ever in the NFL that still exists when you have Justin Jefferson reaching for the Plylon and then he I mean, it is the rule, but it's a dumb rule, especially about what they do afterwards a touchback, they get the ball.
Speaker 5: What are we doing here? It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 6: Obviously, that's the rules, so you can't change it. But it's just one of those things that never happens, and when it does happen, you're reminded, like that should be the reward for fumbling out of that, like we should at least get the I don't know, I can't even Yeah, you can't change the rules, but it's so rare that when you're reminded that that's the rule for it, it's kind of disappointing.
Speaker 4: You have a foundation that you started up, Yes, tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 6: It's called Biden Faith Foundation, and it's really a foundation to really help anybody in need, and restarted with the typhoon victims in the Philippines and partnering up our church out there to really bring any any needs that they need. So for the typhoon victims, it was like clean water, it was fans because there's no electricity to stay cool out there, rice to really any food packs that we can give. Then it kind of evolved back in our hometown also bringing school supplies to people.
Speaker 5: So kind of just assessing the needs.
Speaker 6: Of our community and figure out what we can do to help people out here, but also in the Philippines is where we've done the most stuff.
Speaker 4: All Right, it's time for five typically stupid vikings country questions. We're gonna do four because the first one I had already. We talked about Brian McKnight and your love songs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then that's not gonna change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, love songs reggae right before you get hot on the field, which I absolutely love about. The National Toy Hall of Fame just announced the finalists four their twenty twenty three class.
Speaker 1: It includes the game Battleship.
Speaker 4: Which is such a cool game until you have to play. Oh yeah, right, it's just it's it's the pieces are cooler than the actual.
Speaker 5: Right, that's the little game with the grid and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the boats, Yeah, the battleship itself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that game used to take forever as a kid.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and then yeah, and then someone would have to go to the bathroom, and of course you would.
Speaker 6: Cheat exactly you look over it and then you say, okay, you just go start going in a line, or I'd cheat and bend my little boat so I'd be in an angle so they can't just guess the grids straight up.
Speaker 1: Bop.
Speaker 4: It was one Kendall, which is obviously with Barbie and everything being huge teenage mutant Ninja turtles.
Speaker 1: What when you were growing up was like your favorite toy? What was your favorite? I went through toy.
Speaker 5: I went through phases.
Speaker 6: I went through a long phase of remote control cars. Oh yeah, and like I would save all my Christmas money and try and get like the expensive ones, a few hundred dollars ones, and I'd sit there and like power up the engine, get like a LiPo battery so it could drive extra fast. Then I went into a phase with promote control helicopter. But we're in the board games for a while, and I like shoots and ladders and Monopoly. You talk about a long Yeah, that took forever. I never knew how to actually finish it, but we don't want to. We just tried to stack as much money as possible, and by once we got tired of playing.
Speaker 5: We ever had the most money once.
Speaker 1: Year because they're upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no way, we were playing the right way.
Speaker 4: Here's another one for you, George. Do you know what those are? Shorts?
Speaker 1: George are back in fashion.
Speaker 6: Not for me, Not for me. I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Do you get ready for a game? Are you definitely thinking about your fit?
Speaker 6: No, what I'm wearing today, my sweatpants and sweater is what I wear for game day.
Speaker 5: I like being comfortable.
Speaker 6: I might throw I say, I do one fit, one outfit a year, dressed nice, one time of year.
Speaker 5: But I'm not there. I'm not the fashion guy.
Speaker 6: Surprisingly, I have a fashion Ova deal right now that I do. So it's kind of off character because I don't like resting up, but I have to. Yeah, so it's kind it's kind of off brand, but it pays the bills.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about our matchup we got against the Chargers coming up here on Sunday at US Bank Stadium. We've already talked about Justin Herbert and the fact that you hate all Brad pittch movies. He's got five hundred and thirty four yards so far, three touchdowns, He's throwing a completion percentage of sixty seven point six. It's those targets that he has that really are a tough matchup for what you guys are doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have a really good team overall.
Speaker 6: Their offensive line is really solid, good skill positions too, especially.
Speaker 5: Calum Lumnine, Keenan Allen.
Speaker 6: A lot of respect for him, and then obviously I've been going against Justin Herbert for a while now, going against him in college, so I have a lot of respect for him and what he does. But they have a for sure a complete team and a good roster, and I think it's gonna be really exciting to be able to go against the competition like that, and being able to go against really a veteran group like Keenan with Herbert, and being able to go against those guys. It's always fun having a good competition like that.
Speaker 4: You mentioned Theo Jackson and getting the interception.
Speaker 1: Of course, you got me.
Speaker 4: Tell us out there yourself, Harry, what do you like about b Flow's defense, especially with.
Speaker 1: The yah the extra safe.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say I'm biased because we have like for safeties on the field at sometimes so, but I really love the defense because he lets us really play free. I'm not sure if you were able to a lot of people were able to notice and that that Eagles game, I was kind of just lining up in the middle field and finding the ball. And really that's kind of the mindset that he has, being aggressive, but also just playing free and making it our defense as the players, and not really making us stick to one certain thing.
Speaker 5: We're able to really play free.
Speaker 6: As long as it's within the lines of the defense that he teaches.
Speaker 4: So less than a minute here for you cam bind them.
Speaker 5: It's my guess.
Speaker 1: Viking's Country. Come in. Are you a fan or not?
Speaker 4: It's there's a study that was done that forty people no commando.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Is there a teammate that you know is almost always going commando?
Speaker 6: It's kind of in my rookie year. Yes I can't say the name, but you know, talking about it's the older players. I keep it, I'll keep it there. It's always the older players, and that's all.
Speaker 5: It's good. That's all I say.
Speaker 1: He's a gentleman.
Speaker 4: He's not going commando, but he is going to be taking on the chargers with your Minnesota bike. He's coming up here on Sunday at US Banks Stadium, and thank you so much for coming out.