Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Covino Rich.
Speaker 2: At Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Hey, Yo, I don't even know where to begin today.
Speaker 2: What a wild day in the world of sports, and you got us Cavino Rich too break it all down.
Speaker 1: I guess indeed.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you had a great Tuesday night. Hope you had a Bam out of Bio sort of night, not a Team USA sort of night, not in Mark de Rosso sort of night.
Speaker 1: Maybe Team Italy.
Speaker 2: Sipping on of the cappuccino man, yeah, espresso.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a win? Did they get a Team Italy?
Speaker 2: I hope they win again, just to save USA and DeRosa from the.
Speaker 1: Embarrassment of not moving forward. I'll explain. We're gonna get to that.
Speaker 2: Do you think they put a little zambuca in the little zambuca in the after her uh after shot? Loutely you gotta We're Cavino and Rich and we be rocking out. Let's go it's a hump day. You can have an exciting hump night. We got that Team Italy Mexico game in just two hours from now. We all sit around with no choice but to just hope things go Team USA his way.
Speaker 1: We'll explain all that. We'll talk some Bam, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: Some Max Crosby, We'll talk Gino Smith, We'll talk all the crazy ass stuff.
Speaker 1: That's going on in the world of sports. You didn't even mention Max Crosby. Did I just did Max Rosby? You said Geno Smith? Ill before that?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Oh, did you clean your ears out? Getting sorry tips? I was thinking about Mike's Words of Wisdom because it's Wednesday, and every Wednesday we try to give some prizes away. So we got Mike's Wednesday words of Wisdom. We'll drop some wisdom. We'll drop some prizes to you and Midweek Major Sam Iowa. Sam's on standby with all the biggest stories in sports and pop culture. We decide on the show together if these stories are mid we oh or major stories. Plus Danny g is on standby waiting just to say hi. He's on the phones at A seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Dan byers here Yeah, let's go two things real quick, right quick. Number one, I have a show that I gotta tell you guys about real quick. It has to do with sports, and it is unbelievable how this one under my radar, so it may have gone under yours as well.
Speaker 1: I'm at the barbershop hanging with who is that?
Speaker 2: Cedric the entertainer back of the day. You're hanging with who was that Bernie Mack?
Speaker 1: Who was who did that movie? Barbershop? Cedric?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm at the barbershop getting a little trim up before today's show. Grazer coming out too much, Gotta do something about that. And my Barbara Addison Addie, he's a big NBA fan, big Clippers fan, Punt and Ted the Frill. He's actually Barbara like the Clippers, which is really funny when you think about it. So he's got a documentary on and I'm like, yo, my dad told me about this, but no one else. Soul Power The Legend of the Aba, Danny. I don't even know if you mentioned this during weekend hobnobin One Beat, one week, but it's on Prime. It's the story of the Aba, the ABA NBA merger and from what I saw in my forty minute haircut. It was unbelievably good.
Speaker 3: I think we did mention it quickly in Passing.
Speaker 1: We did, But if you need a documentary how I know that for real?
Speaker 2: Because I'm a big rock fan and Tom Morello plays something called the sole Power stratocaster, a Fender stratocaster, but he writes soul Power on it, and when it was brought up on the show, I remember specifically thinking about Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine and Audio Slave.
Speaker 1: And the Soul Power. So yeah, it was in Passing. But is it good or what? So far?
Speaker 2: I mean what I watched in the barber chair, Yeah, fantastic. It really was, like, you know what, it makes me realize that I know so much about baseball history pretty good about going back to the whole Super Bowl era, and a lot of us are what do you really know about the ABA NBA merger and what that meant in the seventies If you aren't alive, you don't know how. At one point, like the ABA was considered like the weaker league, but then they showed up big and had some big players, and players were going back and forth between both leagues.
Speaker 4: So it's funny you bring that up today, because today in history is the first day a basketball game was played.
Speaker 3: I think it was eighteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you're interested in the ABA NBA and you need a documentary and you're caught up on all your stupid stuff, Soul Power the Legend of the American Basketball Association. It's a four part prime video docu series. It came out in February, so maybe you just missed it. But it's produced by Doctor J So pretty.
Speaker 1: Cool to watch. So all right, I'll check that out. So I'm trying to get in that basketball mindset a little bit. It was. It was a cool watch. So you got your sidepoofs reduced, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rich got a nice high and tight, yeah, nice, and learn some stuff about the Sole Power. Our barber was asking about you because he said, Yo, Covino, how's my guy doing.
Speaker 1: Isn't he half Italian half Mexican?
Speaker 2: And I go yeah, And he goes on USA and a grammifications for me tonight. And Cavino's also born in the United States, but his heritage is the game tonight. So is this the Covino game Italy versus Mexico. This is the Coveno game with the the US just waiting around, with the USA deserving to lose because they're just numb skulls. But I can't see them go out this way like I'm hoping Italy wins or Mexico scores five or more runs just to save the embarrassment.
Speaker 1: That's really it. And embarrassment is that really what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's so embarrassing. I can't even believe what happened. We're here, I can't believe this is the situation. Like, it doesn't get more embarrassing. And if you're not up to speed, let's just get right into it. Let's just we'll talk bam and of course we'll talk more NFL and I'm sure Dan gonna have more updates. Last night, you saw Team USA sort of put out their B squad. I mean, they're all great players. I don't say that with any disrespect. They're all fantastic.
Speaker 1: You every fun.
Speaker 2: But I know what you're saying. That was not the UH and it was you know what it was. It was like game two of a doubleheader. And keep in mind it's tournament play, so different rules, amount amount of runs scored, amount of runs. Let up all this sort of matters in the tournament, and clearly Mark de Rosa, the manager of Team USA, did not know the rules, and he had assumed that they were advancing in this tournament and they had nothing locked in. And what makes it even more interesting is Mark de Rosa has no managerial experience, so to throw him in this situation is also a very odd choice. Right, this is the first time he's managed anything. But up until this moment, everyone was raving about this guy. Well, because he's a great dude. He had a great reputation, he had a great career, sixteen years in the big leagues, most of those years with Atlanta. You know, Yeah, great player, great reputation. I'm sure he knows the game, That's not what I'm saying here. But clearly he didn't know the rules or he was misled or misunderstood. But not only shame on him, shame on everybody the entire team, because not one player said, hey, or even my guy, Aaron Judges, the captain of the team, Hey, hold on, why are we starting this guy and not that guy? Why is this guy in the lineup and that that not that guy? What is it that you said on hot Stove earlier today that we're advancing. No, we didn't advance it. Yeah, take a listen to de Rosa early on, a.
Speaker 3: Ton of respect for Italy.
Speaker 1: It's it's weird.
Speaker 3: We want to win.
Speaker 1: We want to win this game, even though.
Speaker 5: Our tickets punched at a quarterfinals because Mexico plays.
Speaker 1: Italy actually tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So this the way, the way the schedule lines up, this is an important game for us.
Speaker 1: Take it, not punched it to the quarter finals. Punched.
Speaker 2: That's what he said earlier before the loss last night.
Speaker 1: He said he misspoke.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but he didn't misspeak. You know what he did, he misunderstood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I misspoke.
Speaker 5: I was on hot Stove with a couple buddies today and completely misread, misread thecalculations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not just hanging out, buddies. You're talking to met vesk Ursion on television. You're not just hanging out at the barbershop like Rich just bs. And what you say matters because it proves in this case what you actually thought, and all the proof is in all the decisions you made. For example, having Kershaw warming up, you couldn't just let up as many runs as whatever at that point because those runs work against you in this tournament. I think you know what it is like, you know what it reminds me of. And Danny g and Dan Byer as big NFL fans know this. Every time there's a tie or something in the NFL, without fail, without fail, there's one player, coach, or someone that's like, oh, I didn't know that could happen. Right, here's the thing. I might not have known the exact rules moving forward. Other managers have come forth and said, yeah, I didn't know that rule. But guess what. It was DeRosa's job to know the rules. He's supposed to know. But there's always someone that Jeff Passon though, How do Jabroni's on social media know like I knew Jeff Passons like that guy doesn't matter. He wasn't the only guy. But you know, so many people like yo, you know, before the game even ended. If USA loses tonight, and they did fight back, props the PCA and props to some great at bats at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: They fought back.
Speaker 2: It was tough seeing Judge strike out at the end, would a chance to tie it up, but that happens. So many people on social media were chiming in explaining that there were ramifications here that could prevent USA from moving forward if Mexico beats Italy today, and clearly if we're not making it clear enough, Clearly, Mark the Rosa and most of the team didn't know what was at stake last night before they lost that game.
Speaker 1: They did not know the rules here, and.
Speaker 2: That's his job. It's embarrassing. Remember Donovan McNabb did to know there could be a tie in the NFL.
Speaker 4: And several of your Niner players Rich didn't know after the overtime lost in the Super Bowl to the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't rescore. Listen, it's it's uh brof they go out like that.
Speaker 2: Ooo. That's embarrassing. So there's only two scenarios in which USA moves forward, and up until last night, they were undefeated in this tournament. Team Italy has to beat Team Mexico in POOLB played today, or Mexico has to score five or more runs. Yeah, break out the espresso machine, let's go Italy. And I think that's more likely to happen. To be honest, I think Mexico does score five or more runs because Team Italy sort of went all out last night they blew their bullpen load, so to speak.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 2: I was trying to avoid that expression, but I think you nailed it, buddy. You can't say that expression. I don't know about that since when I don't know what you just said. I don't know if that's an appropriate expression. To hear what Rich said, listen to the podcast, I can't do it. I think that's I think that's inaccurate.
Speaker 1: At what level they rather be safe than sorry.
Speaker 2: I hope you don't sit it in front of your little league team.
Speaker 1: I you know know what it reminds me of.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of we were on s n Y in New York and Covino said, you know what that Cavino said the phrase, it's like a wood It's like a weasel on a woodpecker, and someone beat him because they like, we don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, out of context, that's a weird story. You can tell there is no film up. Who's calling who's calling the hotline?
Speaker 3: That was the FCC.
Speaker 1: That is you're gonna get us fired R.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sir that I I didn't realize that was inappropriate. My bad, Okay. Hearing on the podcast. The backstory is this, There was a photograph of the year according to National Geographic and back on the phone, the photo of the year around twenty thirteen twenty fourteen was a photo of a woodpecker mid flight with a little weasel on its back. And I said to myself, that sounds like some sort of redneck he'll build the expression.
Speaker 1: Like a weez alone a woodpecker. Rrible photo.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know that phono, Yes, yes, a famous phono. So I was maybe it was a woodpecker. So I said that on television and they bleeped me out because they didn't know what it meant.
Speaker 1: They didn't know what you were referring to.
Speaker 2: They thought it was some sort of sexual innuendo. It's new Jersey lingo right now, I'm like, no, woodpecker is a bird, you know that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway away anyway had the wood So they like a weez alone a wood pickers.
Speaker 2: So Italy, let's just say they used their bullpen. So there's there's three possible outcomes tonight, right, Let's be honest. There's three possible outcomes. The US is rooting for two of them. Outcome number one Italy wins, Bam, you're in. Outcome number two Mexico wins and scores five or more runs, US is in.
Speaker 1: Scenario three, Mexico.
Speaker 2: Wins and scores four or less runs, US is out. Now you could say after that bonehead decision and performance last night, they don't deserve to move forward, but it really would be a shame because it would be more fun if that team did. It's the dream team. This is a dream team of superstars, and I do want to see continue. If they don't continue, I'm still excited about the tournament. There's still great teams, the energy levels high. But again, to save Mark de Rosa and the entire USA team some embarrassment, I would love to see them move forward. Dan Byer, what was your thought as you heard the news and saw this on Ferrol last night.
Speaker 6: I don't have any thoughts except to tell you this cove is. I just wanted in on this because there is the extra inning scenario.
Speaker 1: Oh. Because this isn't just total runs.
Speaker 6: This is the number of outs that you've recorded with the OH, so this is courtesy. I saw this handle breaking down. But Dmitri Curtis says, if Mexico scores, it's fifth run in the game, to walk it out, to walk it off with one out or more in the bottom of the tenth, then Italy would advance. So if this game goes extras, right, and it's four to four in the extras and Mexico wins five to four with one out or more, than it would be Mexico and Italy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's wild.
Speaker 2: So you know what it's like, I was telling Comito earlier, Dan, though, you feel like it's like week eighteen of the NFL. Yeah, and you like this team. If this team wins or ties, they're in, but they're a wild card. If this team wins, they get the bye. Like we're watching Team USA. Aaron Jude should not be sitting here right now. I'll be like, I hope we're one of the eight best, then that they might not make it to the quarter fight, and that's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering what do you cheer for?
Speaker 6: Like, do you is I think Mexico's gonna win to at least that would be the guest that I'm sure Italy's maybe out of gas from last night. So then you're hoping that Mexico turns it on, right, But if all of a sudden Italy is up three to two.
Speaker 2: You like, come on, Italy, you're back the entire game, TB, I listen. I know that there's so much at stake for the pride of these countries, and it's a big deal around the world. But there is a part of me that wonders, is there a play at some point where let's say Mexico is up like four nothing in the fifth and they think, well, you know what, moving forward, I'm not quite sure having the.
Speaker 1: USA around benefits us in it. Yeah, no doubt about your strategy.
Speaker 2: He starts subbing players, because why would you not, Like if you're if your team Mexico, and again, let's say you're up three to nothing or four nothing midway through the game and you're pitching lights out and you can see that Italy just doesn't have it today. I think by you just blowing open the game, what you're doing your is in You're inviting in the Vegas favor back into the dance. Yep, no doubt that that definitely strategy.
Speaker 6: Imagine bases juiced bottom of the eighth, Mexico up for nothing in Randy or Rose Arena, just stands at home plate and watches three pitches go by and then gives the finger to cal Raleigh. That's for you, cow, to end the inning for nothing, Mexico. The way to stick it to t Usa.
Speaker 2: Would be the only way I would want tsa out of it if it was a rose arena looking at pitches and then looking at the camera and smiling and said hi, caw. Unless, of course, uh, Mexico's manager doesn't know the rules and haven't thought ahead here.
Speaker 1: Maybe he misspoker, you know, just chatting with his buddy.
Speaker 2: You gotta hope somebody knows the strategy, the potential strategy here. Maybe Vinnie Castilla on the bench would think ahead. But that's what's boggling about it, right, It's not just Mark de Rosa. There's a whole squad of coaches players. No one said, hey, they didn't read the email. Kay here, It's like, all right, they play baseball, that right, But that's the embarrassment. And if you've got fans at home realizing what's going on while we're watching, Because while we're watching, I'm reading like, oh no, is this true? If they if they don't win and in Mexico wins tomorrow, it's over for them.
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 2: We know before the people actually playing the game, that's disgusting. Dare I say maybe just maybe Team USA didn't quote read the email because they didn't think it would have been Then they don't, you know, I hate to say this.
Speaker 1: Then they don't deserve it.
Speaker 2: Then it shows to me that they don't care as much as the other countries who are playing with all sorts of passions at different levels of excitement.
Speaker 1: They don't care as much.
Speaker 2: Then imagine if you came into something feeling like, yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna move along, it'll be.
Speaker 1: Like they took Italy lately. That's also part of the truth.
Speaker 2: It would almost be like if there was like a weird rule in the opening round of like the US opening like I don't know, Roger Federer is like, yeah, I've never really read the rules on that, because there's no way I'm out in the first round. Like maybe maybe the rules of Well, think about now they read the rules that he misunderstood them. Because when you hear what he said to Matt vsqu Ershion in this conversation, he's trying to explain that he wanted to say converse version when you hear the conversersion with Matt vesquersion. He makes it very clear that, well, it's sort of a weird situation. Since we're moving forward. I want to give guys like Goldie and opportunity. He was just throwing dudes in because he really thought and understood that they were moving forward.
Speaker 1: Not the case.
Speaker 2: So either he misunderstood, he was misled. He did more than misspeak. Misspoke. I misspoke was not the response. I misunderstood is what happened.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Let's make that very clear.
Speaker 2: But I have a question if it all works out, and I am curious, I'm sure I could look it up like the Vegas odds of the US advancing. This is a few scenarios in which it could happen. If all is fine and Mexico wins eight to one or Italy wins like whatever the kids would be. Do we just forget this or will this always be like a blunder in your mind, like remember when Deroza I think it's I think it's one of those like you know if a field goal kicker misses a field goal but their team gets the ball back and they win anyway, it's almost like no harm, no foul.
Speaker 1: Oh you made an error in the bottom way with one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you made a big error in the top of the ninth, but your team walked it off in the bottom of the ninth, like yeah, Like, no one's rooting harder for Team Italy than Mark de Rosa and Team USA right now, just to save them from now. I heard he sent them over a charcuterie board for real, dude, really good and the weakest that is the weakest feeling when you're not in control of your destiny. You're just sort of sitting there waiting to see what happens. And that's exactly what we're all going to be doing an hour and a half from now.
Speaker 7: As that game goes underway, Team USA and gamblers are like looking at like the over like they're like, okay, we need to keep it under this or over that, and it's like high tension, high anxiety.
Speaker 6: Don't you guys really think that Mexic Mexico scoring.
Speaker 2: Five or more is the likely Yeah, I would think based on Mexico has because like Cavino said, Italy, Italy is gonna have to go the bullpen.
Speaker 1: They're spent and Mexico has some bets.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so Mexico by five or more. Mexico by five or more. Mexico.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sam, can you give us a grizzo? Yeah, let's uh, that's it. Thanks Sam, that's it.
Speaker 2: But Rich anxiety ridden greeta. Rich is absolutely right though, that's how the betters feel. Mexico might play with a with a strategy, and keep note of that. Keep note of that if they know the rules better than DeRosa does, then there may be strategy involved. So that's one story from last night. And you know, you watched this game in disbelief. You're calling up your buddies, You're like, can you believe this? And to see it come down to Aaron Judge was also heartbreaking because you know, this guy just gets so much criticism, and you know there's a debate in itself. I saw our boy Salakata saying that him versus Sodo would also be a big controversy moving forward.
Speaker 1: Did you see that clip?
Speaker 2: He sent it to me, and I love sal but I think I was like, yeah, by kids practice or something, but I know that they were arguing whether or not that's good for baseball, Like watching like he was saying that he would choose his guy Soto because he's a met over Team USA. He doesn't want Aaron Judge regardless of us who to outdo want soo? Because your alliance should be with your players you root for. Well, I mean, listen, sal we worked with him at SMY. He's a big players on the players you root for. It doesn't take precedence over patriotism. It doesn't. I'm sorry. Well, especially with this team, that team USA team very likable under. I gave that scenario to Danny, I said, what if it was Otani for the win versus like, you know, a guy you hate, you know, like like you go for the USA. By the way, according to Las Vegas, they've done the number crunching, which you could imagine because this is like, well, last I saw the lowest percentage of probability was USA moving forward. That's the last I saw things changed. Okay, go ahead, break it down. Sportsbook Haven posted a clear USA to advance line. But based on the run over under and based on who's favorite to win, you could then deduce there's no there's no particular bet you can make through DraftKings or any casino. But when you look at the over under, what teams favored runs Pitcher matchups everything. They're saying the US sixty to seventy percent chance to move forward based on if you were crunched the numbers. Okay, so yes, Ever see, there's a couple things that could happen. There's no clear there's no clear like one path only. So sixty seventy percent chance and you're gonna see some really fun, scrappy baseball tonight, the way it's meant to be played. Lots of fun, lots of hand gestures, lots of cool handshake. Can I tell you before last celebrations, Sombreros espresso, before the espresso bar was opened last night, before the uh sambuca was poured, before the cheesecake and coffee, I.
Speaker 1: Saw some valley eating pinatone in the dugout.
Speaker 2: Before the celebrations, the US was a plus two twenty five odds on favorite to win the whole WBC. So we're talking twelve hours ago, I'm sorry, twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 1: When we were doing the show yesterday, they were like a two to one favorite, Like it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't even a good bet, like bet one hundred, you know, bet one hundred to win two hundred, But that wasn't even a good bet.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if you're wondering why we're harping on it, big time blunder. But this tournament.
Speaker 2: Has also been next level exciting because the players involved seem to really really care about it, and that shows to the fans and shows to everybody again showing lots of pride and representing their countries. So we got to show the same amount of pride and show the same amount of care that they do. Start cheering a betflip and everybody on, Yeah, let's let's see some excitement, let's see some support. And y know, they got to capt Mexico scores five or more tonight. They got an espresso machine and all that. You know, we need what's very America? Get a slushy machine, pour some slushies.
Speaker 1: What's very American?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a big gulp hot dogs on a rotating thing like yeah, all right, well, hey listen, we'll get your feedback.
Speaker 1: Next some gas station pizza, uh, Cavino and rich.
Speaker 2: Now, if your business is struggling, let's talk about how you can find the qualified candidates you need. Express pros dot Com nearly half of the hiring decisions and decision makers say that finding top talent for your company is the biggest challenge, and the average cost of hiring someone new now forty seven hundred dollars, so every new employee is an investment. How about hiring differently. Let Express Employment Professionals streamline streamline your hiring process. Stream Line seam you're hiring process, save you time and money. Gets started at expresspros dot com.
Speaker 1: Sorry you misspoke. No, no, this understood, because in Jersey we would say streamline.
Speaker 2: There's also hitting costs with hiring, lost productivity, endless interviews, and the impact on team morale that could add up fast. So with Express you do it more efficiently. Visit expresspros dot com to find the location near you. With Express recruiters, they have a local network of talent ready to go to work, key people at the center of your hiring process. With your local Express team, don't let turnover slow you down. Focus on growing your business while Express finds the talent you need to succeed. Hey, guys, whether you need contract workers or full timers, fast track hiring with Express, visit expresspros dot com today. Express Employment Professionals building your workforce supporting your success.
Speaker 8: Steve Gott's here, I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow and I have brought it here to iHeart. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because my wife wanted to kick me out of the house. It's called Stu Gotson Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes every single day.
Speaker 1: Some of the biggest names in sports, a lot of phone.
Speaker 7: Calls, I love you guys a show, it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 8: A lot of interact shit guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you can expect from Stu Gottson Company and Stegotson Company Live. So listen to Stu Godson Company Live and our original podcast.
Speaker 1: Please subscribe, rate and review Stu.
Speaker 8: Gotson Company and God Bless Football livelihood depends on it. You do it today and you can check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Ooh, We're bringing this soul power on the Covino and Rich Show, Everything at Covino and Rich on social Media, Rock on Iowa, Sam on the Ones and Tuesdaanny G's on the Phone, Steve Bee's got your update in just a few minutes. Now, we got some phone calls coming in eight seven, seven ninety nine. On Fox we're gonna be playing Mike's Words of Wisdom, giving away prizes. Midweek major coming up. Yeah, but right now we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Your next success can begin sooner than you think. Put your goals within reach. At University of Maryland Global Campus, an accredited state university undergraduate and most graduate classes start soon. Were at UMGC dot edu. That's UMGC dot du.
Speaker 1: I'm Steve, that is.
Speaker 2: Rich Dicky doodle boy Davises that even mean I don't know, but we are together the vultron of radio at Covino and Rich Well on Fox Sports Radio. We we talked quite a bit about yesterday was a three headed monster? Why well, yesterday was a big day of what stories more like whatsa on a bio with his eighty three points Max Crosby drama. So there's lots of today, so we're we're picking them apart one at a time. We covered the WBC, but I did mention in passing that there's a great documentary if you're a big basketball fan, or even not, if you're just a casual fan. I started watching it hit at the barber shop. They were playing Soul Power, The Story of the ABA. It's on Prime and it's awesome, and someone wanted to chime in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dwight and Idaho wanted to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Dwight. So far, what I've seen looks pretty good, man, Dwight.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dwight, Dwight.
Speaker 1: Oh, Dwighty. What happened to Dwight? Is he all right? Pulled over?
Speaker 2: He went to go get some jerky in a slurs sluppy slushy or something, right, Dight, We'll never know. Well, you know what, while you figure out if Dwight's okay, Uh, let's go to Dan Buyer for an update. dB, what's going on?
Speaker 1: My friend? Guys?
Speaker 6: So much going on just on the heels of the World Baseball Classic. You're talking about Italy and Mexico right now on Fox Sports two, Canada leads Cuba five to two in the bottom of the seven. Winner of this game advances and the bracket loser goes home in pool A. All right, let's get to the NFL news because we've got some action going again. First of all, transaction wise, Cardinals released quarterback Kyler Murray. Multiple reports say the Vikings are going to meet with Murray. They're the leader right now to sign him as a free agent. Kirk Cousins has been let go by the Atlanta Falcons, so that quarterback now our free agent as well. Bradley Chubb, released by the Dolphins, now signed by the Buffalo Bills three year deal with more than I should say. Formerly of the Dolphins gets a three year deal to play in Buffalo more than forty three million dollars. Less than a day after backing out of their trade with the Raiders for defensive end Max Crosby, the Baltimore Ravens signed Friege and defensive end Trey Hendrickson to a four year deal. It's worth one hundred and twelve million dollars with sixty million dollars guaranteed. GM Eric DaCosta speaking just moments ago about what happened with Max Crosby.
Speaker 5: Nobody's more upset about this than me. Gutted by it. Actually big regret for me. But we will move on as a football team, and I think there's many many opportunities for us to grow as a team, to become a better team, to build a roster and to be the team that we want to be.
Speaker 6: Now, you say, what a coincidence that now you signed Hendricks in a day after this falls through. Tacosta says that they had a plan for both.
Speaker 5: We came to a point probably after we lost Tyler, where Trey kind of made a lot of sense as a possible guy to look at, thinking that potential. We have two pass rushers on the defensive line on both sides of the line.
Speaker 3: So that's his reasoning.
Speaker 1: He's gutted.
Speaker 2: What's funnier him being gutted or Rob Parker on the network saying that he was heartbroken about canceling Magic City.
Speaker 1: I'm Harborough, Harbor, I'm so sad.
Speaker 6: One other NFL two others actually from the NFL, Guys Colts and quarterback Daniel Jones agreed to the terms on a two year deal, and the NFL is considering playing a game on the night before Thanksgiving, possibly as soon as next season. Syracuse fired men's basketball coach Adrian Autry today after three seasons and no appearances in the NCAA tournament. Right now, in the ACC Louisville just topped SMU sixty two to fifty eight, while in the Big Twelve, Cincinnati and UCF are an overtime tied up at fifty eight apiece. Auburn, a bubble team, just beat Mississippi State seventy nine to sixty one. Steph Curry gonna miss another five games with his knee injury. Guys, back to you.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: I went to Syracuse and I happen to go there when both teams basketball and football were good. Imagine the experience for a college kid is so different if the team think so they're good.
Speaker 1: I remember watching I went there.
Speaker 2: I've had a crossover year with Donovan McNabb and I was there right before Carmelo Anthony. But the team was still like you know, in March mad this team. So I can't imagine, you know, going to the school different right, different level of our video guy Spot went to Maryland the year they won the national title, and he talks about how great it was.
Speaker 6: I would said Carrier Dome one of the five places that I think I probably watched college basketball the most growing up because Syracuse was that good fun and I've seen maybe two games at the Carrier Dome on TV in the last three years or during the Adrian Autrey era just it was time not there.
Speaker 7: There's actually proof that good football teams and maybe do a lector degree. Good basketball teams drive admissions higher.
Speaker 1: Oh no doubt. Yeah, high waymen as well, they absolutely do. But it does mix.
Speaker 6: Some schools don't like if you're a basketball guy, you don't love that the football team is some make it work. Others don't the basketball team wuld rather than the football team stink. Yeah, they want the attention, yes, correct, Yeah, thank you dB. Now on the heels of what Dan Bayer said. One of the other big stories, of course is Max Crosby.
Speaker 2: Back to the Raiders deal and apparently apparently the first guy there today, right, so he was already there.
Speaker 1: With the Raiders.
Speaker 3: He went, he went to work with his lunchbox.
Speaker 2: That's cool, And I don't know if there's any updatesl lunchbox or what was it?
Speaker 3: A dar Vader?
Speaker 2: Really? No, he's a Transformers dude. I thought, do the Raiders keep him now? Because there's so many teams that are going to be interested. I'm already hearing rumors maybe about your forty nine, how Boys, the Cowboys, the Bears, the Rams. I mean, it's endless as far as opportunities, because the truth is he's still just recovering from an injury. It's not like he necessarily failed and isn't going to get better when it comes to this physical now, based of it with Dan, Bayer played the audio from the Raven's front office, saying like.
Speaker 1: They're gutted, like they wanted it to go through.
Speaker 2: I heard Diana Rossini, a friend of ours, on Dan Patrick this morning and Danny, you and I were talking about it last Yeah, the inside scoop from the horse's mouth.
Speaker 1: She spoke to Max Crosby and gave the juice here on Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: Radio this morning, and Danny g you and I were saying the same thing, which is like it just it just feels like, is there a possibility there was buyer's remorse and when a guy's recovering, a doctor could find something. Now you could say that shady behavior. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I gave you the analogy. If someone went through someone's significant other's phone, you could find the most innocent thing and maybe be like, what's this, and you're looking enough, you'll find something. So I feel like we're were they looking for something enough? Just to be able to say no deal like it was there buyer's remorse, like, oh man, we're giving up all these picks.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: It felt that way immediately because they had lost so many of their players to free agency that suddenly they were looking at things like, okay, we have Max Crosby. Now we have his contract too, and we lost two first round picks. How are we going to replenish the Ravens. They don't normally trade first round picks. Well, usually they're not up in the top fifteen either, but they normally don't deal picks away like this, and they've always drafted pretty well. So right away it didn't pass the sniff test, and so immediately even NFL insiders were saying, hey, something's not right.
Speaker 1: There is the credibility of team doctors though.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the thing that the doctors, they're called team doctors because they work for the team.
Speaker 1: They work for the team paid from the front.
Speaker 4: Office says to their team doctor, hey, I've kind of changed our mind here because we want our two first round picks back.
Speaker 2: The team doctor is going to do what they say, but I'm saying it's just for sake of conversation. Could it be that maybe the doctors did see something with the healing process that might not you know, a deal for.
Speaker 4: There's there's something that maybe they did see that worried dem long term. For Max Kross, I have two questions.
Speaker 2: Number one, I would say IM didn't have to beep sniff test number one And number two, sniff test could mean anything, what is this milk old?
Speaker 1: Or not take a sniff?
Speaker 2: And number two, Daniel Jones just signed an extension and a new contract. And when there's an understanding that this guy's recovering, clearly he's not one hundred percent ready right now, isn't that part of the understanding.
Speaker 3: That's the thing?
Speaker 4: Like in Kirk Morrison had been saying this for a couple of weeks on Every Raider podcast I listened to pointing out that Crosby couldn't pass a physical to be on the field today, but in June he could. So you got to have a little bit of a leap of faith, right the healing process is going the right way, which if you follow Max Crosby on his social media accounts, he shares a lot of his life. So I saw him go from the rolling you know thing when people have leg injuries, to the cast off, to standing on his basketball court shooting shots. He's coming along and Raider insiders are saying he's a little bit ahead of schedule, which is actually what his agent and doctor also said.
Speaker 2: And if you're connecting the dots, Ravens clearly knew that, and they know the healing process, and they knew what they were signing up for. So was this their excuse to back out of it? As Rich said, Buyer's remorse, not dan Byer's remorse. I purchaser Buyer's remorse quickly.
Speaker 6: Adam Schefter reported that the Cowboys doctor was one of the doctors that actually reviewed Max Crosby's knee. He had done the surgeries for Patrick Mahomes and Malik Neighbors as well. He's the one that didn't pass. And some people were wondering, oh, because he reviewed it, was he tried to get the Cowboys back in on it.
Speaker 3: That's not the case at all, but it was he was one of the doctors to look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the speculation's fun, right, and it is interesting to think about those things. But maybe the truth is simple. Maybe maybe he's not healing the way they expected him to be healing at this point. Maybe the meniscus still looks damaged in ways that.
Speaker 4: I don't know where this really c block the Raiders though. Dan just brought up the Cowboys they traded for Shawn Gary. A lot of these teams that were in line the Ravens, they already made their moves, spent their money, and so now the Raiders their leverage.
Speaker 2: It's like dating something. Wait, wait I started dating her. I didn't know you were still single. Yeah, it's a situation, man, A lot of moving parts. The Max Crosby drama is real, and the moment that broke yesterday you're like, wait, what, so what happens now? And what happened so far as he's back with the Raiders until someone else bites and and makes a.
Speaker 4: Move, he's already a maniac on the field. Can you imagine this chip on his shoulder?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: My takeaways, Max Crosby is going to be a man on a mission. DeRosa doesn't know that he's doing. And the third thing, we need to find a way to do a feature called Buyer's Remorse.
Speaker 1: I I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. This is this has been a decade in the work.
Speaker 1: What's the right you know did it with but like funny, it was my segment. It was my segment. Jerks. Yeah, geez, okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Wait just one more thing, did you I'm sorry you guys mentioned this. Did you see the meme of the Ravens doctor being portrayed as Joe Burrow. He's like, Nope, does not pass sniff test.
Speaker 3: Can't do it.
Speaker 2: I like that because yes, that would make it extra tough on him going forward. And you know, speaking of coming back with a chip on your shoulder, Rich, we sort of got it right because that's what Gino Smith was saying about his return to the Jets. He's saying, you know what, he's got a major chip on his shoulder and we'll see what happens. We have more CNR next on a way back Wednesday, let's go, oh, you know, today's three eleven day, bro, So a little three eleven three eleven meaning indecent exposure three eleven, three eleven in progress is like a streaker. Yeah, so thank you for being down with Covino and Rush get it down because we come original bro CNR On FSR, Steve Cavino, Rich Davis, Danny G. Sambyer, Thank you guys. Yeah, Buddy, I on the Fox Sports Radio studio and it's time for our tire Rack Play of the day. It's getting link early this hour Rich tire Rack, and some people unhappy with how this play went down. The NBA couldn't let the NFL and WBC have all the headlines. So you saw what happened last night with BAM.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 3: Eighty points for BAM.
Speaker 1: On fortieth free throw at ten.
Speaker 3: Thirty third.
Speaker 1: Make kiss records now as well? Who for eighty one for copd.
Speaker 2: Most ever free throws right thirty six or forty three from the foul line. And that's the controversy is you know how he got the points and who they played against.
Speaker 1: Well we'll break it down coming up.
Speaker 2: So though you are eighty three points, something unhappy, like Rich said, is the tire Iraq play of the day. BAM had eighty three points, second now behind Wilt's one hundred point game. Lewes of WQAM Heat Radio Network and for over forty years, Tyrack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tirack dot com.
Speaker 1: The way tire buying should be.
Speaker 2: No one we'll ever get you better tires in Tyraq, and no one will ever score over one hundred points in the NBA. I mean I could be wrong. I mean he had eighty three. If he hit all the free throws, he would have had eighty nine. What he miss you'd had ninety ninety. To me, though, there's thirty six to forty three. Yeah, this's just a sense of like hundreds, just like absurd, right, So hey bam, eighty three.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss was it legit? Yes it was? But was it awesome? I don't know. Well, we'll get to that. We'll talk a little more. NFL.
Speaker 2: We got Mike's words of wisdom, and of course I was Sam. I'm excited to hear your midweek major, all the stories that you might have missed in sports and entertainment.
Speaker 1: We do that next right here on Fox Sports Radio.