Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchinson.
Speaker 3: All Right, Cowboys Nation, Happy Friday. Welcome into Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Jig Saw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. In the SWBC studio, I'm Nicole Hudgson alongside Ayisha Morris and Jestinvares and Christy Scales. Ladies, before we wait for while we wait for the Cowboys official practice report for today, we can go ahead and just take a look at the rulings for the Steelers. So far, they have Corderyl Patterson and Jalen Warren, two running backs, ruled out for the weekend. Of course, Alex high Smith, one of their linebackers, ruled out as well. First thoughts on the fact that Jalen Warren and Cordell Corderyl Patterson.
Speaker 4: Will be reallying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, Patterson has been a thorn in the side of the Cowboys and his previous stops before joining the Steelers, but they were without Warren the previous week, so they'll be promoting Aaron Shamplin up from the practice squad, so he had played last week as well. Of course, they could always put him on the fifty three man roster, so probably more likely that he gets elevated tomorrow. But yeah, Patterson's also a very good returner, and I think that I know, we'll talk more as we go along about factors that we think are going to be key in the game. I think special teams will be outdoors and it might be a little windy and so field position. If you take a great returner off the field, then that's a big negative for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they definitely need their one two pint that run game to continue to be successful in it. And so it seemed like Nausey and Cordell cord to Haryl, did I say that right? Okay, sorry, it's right, I guys, it is the end of the week. But they were they were having a good kind of mixture of what they were doing, so that way Naja could get kind of downfield. Cordell was getting up the middle there seven point one yards per carry, that's a big loss in your run game when you're averaging that much yardage with your carries in the run game. So I'm interested to see how their run game looks and how this kind of I would assume they were prepared for this, but how it impacts how they've looked last few weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it did some digging.
Speaker 2: I like to go creep on opposing teams twitters and kind of get a feel for previous weeks how they failt about their play because we're very we talk on Twitter about during the game. So I was looking and this Jalen Warren loss is big for the Steelers. If from like per most of the Steelers media and some of their fans, it's he was the guy that was the difference maker. He has amazing change of direction, acceleration, stuff like that. He's a little bit more shifty than any of the other running backs that they have. And when you look at the Cowboys, those are the guys that give the Cowboys trouble. Yeah, it's the guys that can run straight line too, but it's it's these guys that can get out in space like a Jalen Warren and break down your defense and then also too, in regard to Alex high Smith being out. He's their linebacker, but he does a lot from a blitzing perspective as well. So him being out is it means something for that defense. It sounds like he's kind of well, he's the linebacker, he's one of he's the mic and you know, so him not being there seems like it has changed some of their communication and how effective they.
Speaker 7: Are playing at that second level as well.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 3: Sorry, we had sorry? John Machoda just reported that Cowboys corner cornerback Trayvon Diggs ankle and Kayln Carson's shoulder are both listed as questionable for Sunday's night in Pittsburgh. Rookie linebacker Marries leu Fowl, who quad has been added to the injury report as well. He's also questionable for Sunday. Uh So, Diggs and not practice today. Carson leu Fowl were both limited. My goodness, my head hurts and this is stressing me out. What does this do now for the Cowboys?
Speaker 4: Means that they'll anyway?
Speaker 5: I believe that even without Diggs leaving practice early the previous day and again being on his whatever his status on the injury report that they would have elevated Amani over Warria anyway.
Speaker 4: Aolet's can we just call him a okay? So I think that he was.
Speaker 5: Going to be elevated anyway, and likely Carl Lawson. So you say, what does it mean?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry all.
Speaker 5: You, Dalvin Cook fan, she probably gonna have to wait at least another week because the two elevations are going to be used on defensive players. But you know, Andrew Booth will probably be the backup since he had gotten benched at halftime Thursday, week four at the Giant. So yeah, it's just more of a domino effect. It just seems like it hits different position groups at different times, and it's the secondary and then defensive line and now we have to worry about wide receiver as well.
Speaker 4: But yeah, pretty tough for the secondary this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean with Trayvon, it sounds like, you know, the reports have been positive at least with them thinking he's gonna be okay and everything. But regardless, with him coming back from this ACL and he kind of seems like he's starting to get into a rhythm. It's kind of sucks that he might be having a small setback, but I will say too in regard to well.
Speaker 7: Do you ladies know when doron Bland.
Speaker 2: Like, if he's on schedule? Have we gotten any reports about I.
Speaker 3: Know we've been seeing Yeah, yeah, the window yet Micha McCarthy just keeps saying that he's making progress. I know earlier this week he had mentioned that he was still waiting for the final going from Britt Brown. But I believe that one was a six to So now it's week heading in a week five, so he's got about maybe a week left. But even then, I don't think you want to rush that back.
Speaker 8: I would guess after the bye week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's based on what I've heard from sources.
Speaker 8: I would guess after the bye.
Speaker 6: Week, and Kalin Carson potentially the same thing. Your best shot. I knew it wouldn't be this week if he's still listening as questionable, but I figured that would be the case, but probably next week and if not, for sure.
Speaker 8: After the bye for I'm assuming both of.
Speaker 2: Them, okay, And if Mary's little foul can't go, does that just mean demon?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, well that's for Demon, That's what we are.
Speaker 3: Does your confidence level change with this team heading into Sunday?
Speaker 2: Now, I mean if you have no Trayvon, If Trayvon doesn't play, yeah, because George Pickens, there's no there's no cornerback that matches up with him size wise and with what Justin feels likes to do on the move and trying to find him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it kind.
Speaker 5: Of yeah, you can't sleep on Pickens. I mean he is a big play guy. Last year he led the league in yards per catch, so's he's one of these catalytic players right that that can make the big plays and yards after catch as well.
Speaker 4: So I know every week we say.
Speaker 5: You make sure you gotta you know, yeah, swarm to the ball and you know, arm tackles. You usually associate that with, you know, a bigger running back like a Derrick Henry, but it can be the same with wide receivers as well, who are good at yards after catch.
Speaker 6: I also feel like without Patterson their scheme could change a little bit to be more pass heavy. And if that's the case, this just one ups that, Hey, you can go a little more pass heavy this week if Trayvon doesn't play, because you're kind of picking on the weaker man again, like you kind of saw well in the Ravens game with Andrew Booth and why he got benched during halftime and all of that. But overall, I mean, yeah, I'm concerned because it just continues to stack on injury after injury to keyp player after key player, and I show he says, there's just some guys you cannot duplicate, you can't replicate their presence on the field. Trayvon's one of those guys. You're already missing at Deron Bland. We knew that, but now you're potentially going without a.
Speaker 8: Trayvon and.
Speaker 6: A d Law I mean, and then the Brandon Cooks, and you just keep adding all of these key names, and these are key players that you're off your opposing offensive coordinator scheme against. So at that point they kind of have free play to to mess around on who they find to be the weaker guy.
Speaker 7: For starters being out on defense would be chaotic.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be tested, you know how Jerry Jones was talking about the off season, Dak's.
Speaker 4: Gonna have to figure it out without a supporting cast.
Speaker 3: Well, this is gonna be the true test.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, don't start. That's the truth. Sucks.
Speaker 3: But anyways, no, back to the running backs, for the Steelers that are out. Does it kind of give you I know, you guys are I asked all about the overall confidence with this team, with you know, Armies, with the Cowboys missing pieces, but as far as uh, with the Steelers using now nausea Harris and Aaron Champlin Champlain it's Friday, I told you Champlain. Uh, does it give y'all a little bit of I guess a little bit more confidence with this defensive line as far as being able to stop the run because you don't really know exactly what Aaron can really bring.
Speaker 2: I'm confident about the defensive line more so because what the Steelers, how the Steelers play is not what gives them trouble. What gives them trouble is a lot of misdirection motion, those things moving pockets, and with this run game, it is very much so like smash Mouth running at you. We're bigger, we're stronger, and so talking to like I said yesterday, talking to some of the guys in the locker room, it seemed like they seemed seemed confident about their game plan. I think they have more trouble with people who are a little bit more fancier at the line. Of scrimmage, So not having those guys out there a difference.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 6: I mean, also when you've seen the confidence growing from Mazzie Smith, it's it's hard to not feel confidence growing with him as a player and a secure nose tackle there. So for me, man, it's not the run game I'm concerned about in this game, which sounds surprising considering the previous game, But at this point it's your secondary and how pass heavy you can really get now if Trey's out as well, Like, that's what's more concerning to me is they might look if I'm scheming for the Steelers and Trayvon's out, you warm up the run a little bit, extend the plays, extend your time of possession, take control of that. But at the end of the day, you can count on explosive plays too. If you're picking on guys that got benched at halftime, like it's it's it's not the run game I'm worried about.
Speaker 8: It's really not.
Speaker 6: It's it's your secondary that's banged up at the wrong time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they're still gonna to get a lot of runs just because Arthur Smith, who used to be the Falcon's head coach, That's what he does is he runs. But the problem for Pittsburgh is they have not been good at the run because mainly of their offensive line. They have only two of their five offensive linemen have started every game. By the way, they're starting right guard James Daniels was placed on injured reserve this week, Mason McCormick and Spencer Anderson has had to jump in. They're hoping to get Isaac say o'malo, who has missed the first four weeks. He was on the injured designated to return, so he's been practicing. They're hoping to get him back. And by the way, one of the two that has started every week is a rookie at center. So I know that Mazzi is coming off arguably his best game as.
Speaker 4: A professional in Week four. Can we all agree on that, Okay?
Speaker 5: But I think this is one where I'm looking for Osa to have a big game.
Speaker 4: This week too.
Speaker 5: You know think I think the two interior defensive linemen are going to be so crucial this week. And then of course you're going to have two new starters at defensive end with Goldston Right and Marshawn Neeland uh taken over for d Law and Michael Parsons. So as long as Osa and and Mazie can eat up those interior blockers, that's been the issue for the Steelers. Free up the linebackers to come up and go after Harris and Champlin. Then you then you've got a yeah, hard to say, name all of us. Then you know, uh, then then it bodes well.
Speaker 8: What about see?
Speaker 7: But the thing is is, like this defensive line hasn't really beginning pressure.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Cowboy defensive line has not been really generated pressure. Granted they are just now starting to get opportunities to actually rush the passer because first downs were coming on first downs for some weeks.
Speaker 7: But that's one of my concerns too.
Speaker 2: When you talk about your concern being the secondary, it starts with the defensive line, ye like, because if the defensive line is able to.
Speaker 7: Get pressure, it's gonna help those guys out.
Speaker 2: But those guys aren't really getting that help right now. So what is really gonna be interesting to me is looking at how they generate pressure. If you can't just get it with four, how you situationally find ways to do it. Because I do think this offensive line can be had. You can do some twist stunts. I mean, they got out.
Speaker 7: They're filling gaps kind of right now on that side.
Speaker 2: So I would hope that this defensive line finds a way to help out the secondary if the secondary is depleted with the loss of Traypon Diggs or something.
Speaker 3: When you talk about getting pressure, I think this is also where Chauncey Golston kind of comes into play, because he's that versatile guy who plays on the outside of the inside. So maybe you maybe use a Goldston who can kind of create pressure from the interior. I don't know, do you think that's kind of maybe a possibility.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that they're gonna The thing is, and like I heard Zimmer talk about the loss of Micah a little bit, and he was saying he doesn't think they're going to change teams are gonna change a whole bunch, but yeah, they are gonna probably take a little bit be a little less stressed. So this defensive line, these these young guys and Chauncey Golston and those guys, they're gonna have to put some good tape out there. They're gonna have to gain the respect of other opposing teams with their play. So this week is going to be important. And when you talk and I do, I think Chauncey Golston is going to.
Speaker 7: Be a key guy.
Speaker 2: He's been here, he has experienced, he plays the run well whatever, Maybe they do do some mixing up and we'll see some other packages, because I do think that Zimmer hasn't.
Speaker 4: There's some stuff.
Speaker 7: We have a lot of stuff we haven't seen.
Speaker 4: Played all nearly all car because.
Speaker 2: They haven't been in third down situations. So hopefully they can get them in those situations and we can see some of maybe some of the stuff you're talking about.
Speaker 5: No, I think the thing with Micah is very few times or you're just going to have one blocker on Micah. Micah's gonna get chipped, whether it's a back or a tied end, given a you know, shoving him from the side before releasing and things like that. So yeah, and and there are only and a guy not everyone just gets that kind of respect, right, And so when you're not having to leave guys in or have them help against the goldstands and kneelings of the world, at least not to this point, you know, maybe they get to that point where they are drawing chips on all sorts of things. But until then, you know, it frees up the offense to do more.
Speaker 7: You're not having to leave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's a free or release off the line. It's a release out of the backfield. You're not having to do scap protection and wait and you know, help block before you release.
Speaker 4: Out into a pattern.
Speaker 5: So so there, it's dominoes.
Speaker 4: We talk about it all the time.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 5: It's not just dominoes of oh, who's going to be called up from the practice squad, but but how things which plays you run and getting guys out into routes quicker and things like.
Speaker 3: That something you talk about with getting pressures.
Speaker 9: Justin Fields has.
Speaker 3: Recorded a plus six point six percent completion percentage over expected this season, so that's third highest in the NFL. So obviously getting pressure will be a key part in this Dallas Cowboys defense. But we're gonna take our first break and up next we're gonna talk about this run game, the improvements that we need to see from the Dallas Cowboys heading into week five.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: I'm Girls Talk, Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw, the referre dating partner the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. Let's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foutopia.
Speaker 4: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 9: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home. But to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating Partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality course ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular.
Speaker 13: Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: The perfect matchup on game Day Dickey's Barbecue Pit No One out smokes us. Order at Dickey's dot Com for groups called eight six y six Barberque Lives on the Ribs.
Speaker 6: At AT and T Stadium To experience Rally Day presented by Sea Geek on Saturday, October twelfth from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Ticket giveaways, games and more. Visit at and T stadium dot com slash rally days to get your tickets today.
Speaker 8: Yay rally day. Sorry I should have been excited. It's Friday. Whoa rally day?
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 7: Crazy?
Speaker 8: Sorry? That was that was insane?
Speaker 12: My bad.
Speaker 3: I just feel like we needed a little bit more like a wake me up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, coffee kicked in just I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I have no coffee because that was just her.
Speaker 8: That was natural from the soul.
Speaker 4: Enthusiasm, you know, got to ride it for Sunday.
Speaker 3: I am. I hope that the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Why are you looking at me like this.
Speaker 7: Trying to wake up?
Speaker 8: Don't have her yell home? Just tell her you're away.
Speaker 7: You're gonna be that mama.
Speaker 4: Uh oh my god.
Speaker 3: In some years about like I got like she gets those.
Speaker 8: She's like, oh Jesus, no.
Speaker 7: Get away.
Speaker 3: But no, very excited hopefully the Cowboys bring home away, but very excited to hopefully see a run game.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We haven't released this year. Slowly improving, improving week to week, but right now I know the Cowboys rank last in rushing yards so far in the NFL. But how far off is this run game real quick, because we have something that Hunter Lipke kind of said in locker room.
Speaker 6: I'll start with you jan Oh you already you already know I was ready for those. Yes, I'm gonna soapbox a little bit here about the run game, because here's what I've noticed. For the last three years, I'll give it two years, we've questioned where the run game is, how it's being utilized, and ultimately I'm kind of coming to the conclusion that this is by design that obviously McCarthy wants a more pass heavy offense, okay, but also it just feels like there's always a little bit of confusion when it comes to how to utilize your personnel in the run game. Last year, you had Tony Pollard and Rico Dawdle. Great, you knew who the one was, you knew who the two was. Now where they utilized? No, and you questioned why, and you kind of chalked it up to, Yeah, it's Mike McCarthy first year plate calling, it's a new playbook.
Speaker 8: This and that. This year, I'm getting a little frustrated with it. And let me tell you why. Zeke comes in.
Speaker 6: He's your running back one. You knew that and I'm not talking about this year. I'm talking pre Patriot Zeke. Okay, last year, Tony Pollard, You're running back one earned it put his time in as the two to really stand out, and it was an obvious This year you're coming in, and yes, there was a lot of questions and who would look best at camp. It's continued to be Rico Dubtele and I don't understand why he continues to have to fight for more reps over and over and over again when he's clearly your best running back that you have elevated right now because Dalvin Cook, I don't see him being elevated for at least two weeks. I'm just gonna throw it out there. I wouldn't count on it next week. Yeah, I wouldn't even count on it after the bye because that's just what's going around. And with these injury situations on your defense doesn't help that either. Like Christy mentioned earlier, So I'm frustrated for Rico because it's it's almost like, what else does he have to show you. He's been the most consistent running back in the room. He's going to get you yardage, but you're not chalking up a playbook to help your personnel here. So I'm frustrated with how the play calling is gone. I'm frustrated with how the run game has been established. But right now I have no choice but to think it's by design that this is how the run game is supposed to look.
Speaker 5: Can I just say that I think that Mike McCarthy is also frustrated because, well because he should be because and he's the first to tell you, we haven't had enough trips to the plate baseball analogy, haven't had enough time to get up there and swing the bat right. But Rico Daubtele is the only one of the running backs that has received consistent percentage of snap so week one through week four. Instead a number of plays, I'm going to go by the percentage of place weeks one through four forty four percent, forty three percent, forty six percent, forty five percent. What's chained is Zeke has gone from fifty one percent to forty to nineteen to eighteen deuce three percent, fourteen percent, six percent, seven percent. The one who's really increased from week two, especially to week four, but Hunter Lipkey had fifty two percent of snaps last week. Now he's doing multiple things right, you know, full back, a little bit of tight end f position moving around, so Lipkey's a little bit different, but Rico's out there for the same amount of snaps. It's just that, guys, the Cowboys are averaging only twenty one rushes per game.
Speaker 4: That is low.
Speaker 5: It's averaging only twenty one carries per game. I am not including Dak in that because Dak, if he's running, if it's a rush for Dak, it's well, no, that does include Dak's plan drawn up runs. So it's just not getting cracks at the plate. So McCarthy is frustrated as oh, because you can't get into a groove as a play caller if you're constantly falling behind the sticks. When you get a decent run, you've got a holding call or some kind of penalty. So yeah, I feel you, but I think the coaching staff feels it as well.
Speaker 6: But you're also going two years in a row with the same issues. We were talking about penalties last year that put you behind the sticks, So what's absolutely why is it not addressed two years later? That's where I'm frustrated because it does hurt your running backs and it hurts their abilities to do what they need to do, are going It hurts all of it. So what's not being addressed in the correct way at this point.
Speaker 8: That's why I'm frustrated.
Speaker 6: And what I will say is little Birdie's mentioned I would keep an eye on Zeke's role increasing this week. That's what I'll leave that at is I would keep an eye on Zeke's usage this week going up.
Speaker 8: And that's where I'm going.
Speaker 4: To leave that now.
Speaker 5: I would say that Zeke's probably going to get more if the conditions aren't great, and this is going to be a smash mouth game. I think if it's a traditional Pittsburgh kind of game, if the score doesn't get lopsided and you have to one side has to resort to more passing because you're playing catch up or something. I mean, this is going to be as close to old school football as you can get these days in the NFL, in my opinion, And so that goes to favor the Zekes and Ricos in terms of actually getting touches this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I thought everything y'all said was on point as far as like them not getting the opportunities when they are getting the opportunities are what they're doing conducive to what they do well. I would like to see Rico's vision. You know, he's not It's not going to improve until he keeps playing. Like I think, vision is an instinctual thing with some guys, but then some guys just need to visually have the opportunity to keep seeing the game and being able to read.
Speaker 7: He hasn't had a lot of time, so that's part of it.
Speaker 2: But to your point, Jess, I think you got to start looking at the offensive line, coach. That's fair and I'm I mean, when you're having these consistent issues when you're talking about holding, we're talking about technique, we're talking about scheme, we're talking about you know, just the way things are set up. This offensive line hasn't played entirely well either. To y'all's point about the penalties and some of the big plays being taken away, I will say that they did seem like they figured some things out with some combo and duo blocks kind of last week, kind of starting to look more in unison with how they're blocking and some of those things. And I do believe this offensive line will get more synergy over time, but this stretch is so important that you ain't got time for that also is about to get cold.
Speaker 7: You need to be able to rap.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see this this offensive tank. If this offensive line can't figure out how to sustain drives with being efficient and not having penalties and not whipping on blocks getting to the second level and you know, doing contact on contact. So it feels like a lot of things are going on at once. I think if you just at the center of it all, you get better offensive line play. A lot of this stuff will start opening up if nothing like the pass will open up the run. But you can't even get either or right now because your offensive line is struggling to this level. So I agree with everything y'all said. I just I mean, yeah, yeah, with the uh, with with with what's going on with I would run with I would run with Rico and lip Key and call it a day. But if you are gonna sprinkle in some Zeke, he can close. He does have the vision to get those short yardist situations and make decisions. He also can do things in the red zone as well. So yeah, it's they they don't know what their roles are, they don't know what to feel. So hopefully we can get some some sustained drives. That's all we're asking for at this point.
Speaker 3: We had a chance to hear from Hunter Lipkey in locker room on that same question, and here's what he had to say.
Speaker 8: And I think, you know, we're one block away here, one block away there, so it's just eleven guys working together, and.
Speaker 6: You know we're close.
Speaker 2: We're close.
Speaker 8: So it's gonna it's gonna break through one of these games.
Speaker 4: What you better be this week? Better be this week?
Speaker 8: Please? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean is this a game where you feel like this run game could break through? I mean when you talk about the serious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean being realistic. I don't know, but I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say yes if it's contingent on Like like I said, I mentioned, you know what Anthony Richardson was able to do to them on the ground and also to who's the cults of running back right now? They I think he was averaging like six yards of Carrie last week. The confusion, the like the motion and stuff like that does throw off this defensive line, it really and put in their linebackers in space. Even so throws off this defense, this defense, So I would be trying to do some things, getting guys out in space, maybe coming out the backfield. I mean, maybe some tosses, like you can do things because also.
Speaker 7: To you mentioned I think I don't know if you.
Speaker 2: Mentioned chas mentioned yesterday, running away from TJ. Watt Like some people would say, like run at some guys. I would run away from this man. I wouldn't because he's a tough dude's he's I wouldn't run at him. I would try to do some things, get in the pocket, moving and moving and doing some things attacking, maybe attacking the edges, trying to pin some of those guys inside so you can open up those lanes. Because their linebackers will make some decisions and.
Speaker 5: They're without high Smith. Guess he's the one that plays opposite t J.
Speaker 2: Watt. Yes, So I'm not sure this is the game where you're like, yes, they're gonna get it going, but we can see them do some things that maybe they haven't done yet successfully to take into the next week. Y'all.
Speaker 7: I have very little enthusiasm.
Speaker 4: It's such a great test.
Speaker 5: So it's a great test because the Steelers run defense is to yes secondary tops and Cam Hayward, their defensive tackle who's just fantastic. Milton just yeah, And so you know Tyler Smith and Cooper Bebee, you know what they do in the middle against a stout guy like that, it's going to be huge. So I know that people are kind of focusing more on Terrence Steele against t J.
Speaker 4: Watt, And yes, it's a huge matchup, but.
Speaker 2: The only match up is where it's going to be it, I think, So, I think that's the main issue.
Speaker 7: I guess you want to say, so let's pray about it.
Speaker 6: Feel like you can confuse them though if you craft up some spicy little run plays, because like to your point, should if you continue to confuse them. That's kind of what the Colts did a little bit that I saw working. But to end this conversation on my end, I just want to say I'm frustrated if I'm Rico Dawdle, if I'm Hunter Lipkey, even if I'm Zeke, because at this point you haven't had a chance to even show if you're Zeke specifically what you have left. Like you're talking about a guy who's on a one year contract who could potentially be become a free agent next year. What tape does he have? This year to show that he's worth picking up if he's a free agent, Like, it's frustrating for all of them.
Speaker 3: I think what you have, what you have in Zeke or what Zeke does, you have from every other guy in this running back room. So I think at least you can get from maybe a Rico. Of course, he's just a younger, younger, more faster Zeke in my opinion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I think Rico should be a running back one and I think it should have been that way since camp. I don't think there should have ever been a question about it. And and that's that's how you feel about that. I'm passionate about it.
Speaker 3: Which which back do you feel I can get the job done on Sunday if they are to sprinkle in a little bit.
Speaker 7: Of some creativity with you already heard my answer for.
Speaker 2: Me, it would be I mean, like we talked about Rico, but for me would be Hunter Lifkey because of the receiving. Okay, that's fair, because that's that's that's you know, just running at these guys.
Speaker 7: It's not the smartest thing to do.
Speaker 2: You want them to chase you, and he has the ability to go out in the flats to do some things in the slot to do some things like he has the ability to do some of to do boots and be able to you.
Speaker 7: Know, turn up field and do something.
Speaker 2: So I would say from a creativity standpoint, I would use him more. So, I mean, and if you want to get CD, Lamb and Cavante Turpin involved, sure, that's that's us.
Speaker 4: Where you're going.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but yeah, that's I would go there as well, just to maybe catch them on their heels. But I just think you can do a lot with Hunter Lipkey because of his receiving capability, physicality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you looking?
Speaker 5: Are you thinking CD lined up in the backfield or just on.
Speaker 3: A little bit more turping just because of his speed one and he's so hard to tackle.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: And that that's just my opinion.
Speaker 8: But I think that.
Speaker 6: Was my question for you would be do you feel like Brandon Cooks being out could impact that though, because they could use him a little bit more.
Speaker 2: That's what I said yesterday, because girl, maybe so maybe it doesn't get stuff.
Speaker 8: Out of I don't know.
Speaker 3: You have to be creative and do a whole bunch of different things, and maybe as a receiver maybe have to be creative and come use him out of the backfield.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I hope the circumstances allow this, just because when when you have a speed game, that's better when it's artificial turf and enclose it.
Speaker 4: This is a natural grass. The field could.
Speaker 5: Be an issue, the weather could be an issue, and so sometimes the conditions can neutralize speed. And so you know, hopefully the conditions don't limit what the cowboys are trying to do.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies, Well we're gonna take our second break, and we have a nice little game coming up after the break, So stick with this Cowboys nation right here on Girls Tig Boys Talk.
Speaker 12: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have hot quality, coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular.
Speaker 13: Dickey's sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys, the perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue Pit.
Speaker 12: No One out smokes us. Order at Dickies dot com for groups called eight six six Barber Cute. It's on the ribs.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy grilled to perfection. Burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 4: Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang.
Speaker 11: Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foujopia.
Speaker 4: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 9: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that six spring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 6: Celebrate the best of the autumn season with the Wrangler Fall Fest at the store in Frisco.
Speaker 8: Join us on Saturday, October nineteenth.
Speaker 6: For a day of full full of fall fun.
Speaker 8: Ah, there's a twister. Oh my God's fine for the entire family.
Speaker 6: Enjoy live country music, yeaha hang out at the beer garden, and compete in Western inspired games.
Speaker 8: Guys, this sounds like so much fun.
Speaker 6: Plus capture all the fall photo ops, saver seasonal bites, and enjoy Wrangler Shopping admission and parking is free. Visit the stardistrict dot com for more information. You already know that's my kind of place. I'll be there, I catch me there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, all right, we have a lilla game.
Speaker 3: It's name that stat line Cowboys Stealers Edition. Okay, so I'm gonna I have the answer on here.
Speaker 14: So like I can't let she'll pick Okay, it was just okay, okay, okay, dude, oh lord, okay.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Blank is the only QB in the NFL that has, oh my goodness, that has accounted for one hundred of his team's offensive touchdowns, either throwing or rushing.
Speaker 6: Is this wait wait, wait, hold.
Speaker 2: On, justin fields it fields because he's he's run for three.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, okay, he only had three. Now that's three rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Naji Heiros doesn't have a rushing touch Yeah.
Speaker 8: I understand the assignment. Now, I'm mercy. That was my warm up, Christy Lane right.
Speaker 3: Blank uses fourteen personnel two percent and thirteen personnel seventeen percent of the time at the NFL's highest rate.
Speaker 7: Oh that's the students they run.
Speaker 8: I talked to the players about that.
Speaker 3: I said, baby, what they the baby they down to?
Speaker 2: They last tight end is making every penny that they that they're getting paid.
Speaker 6: Out there, and they're worn and torn, tired, this wet.
Speaker 7: We studied this week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, study talk about it.
Speaker 7: Okay, what you I'm gonna let y'all, y'all, y'all got it. I'm not scared.
Speaker 4: We need y'all.
Speaker 8: It's just like Steelers corner. You tell the Steelers, I got Steelers.
Speaker 3: I guess I was trying to give, like, no, that's not the games corner.
Speaker 8: Grated.
Speaker 4: Oh my good news.
Speaker 7: You can't read your own hair right in my life?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 8: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I really can't read that. I wanted to answer that one. Okay, Joey Porter Jr. Beanie Oh graded top five.
Speaker 8: Sorry, that's what it was supposed to say.
Speaker 3: So when it is the cornerback, blank has been graded top five cornerback in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Not Joey Well, Joey Porter after week four?
Speaker 8: Oh after week four?
Speaker 4: Oh after week four?
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold the horses.
Speaker 7: Who the heck is the corners?
Speaker 8: Dante Jockson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who Bishop Corey Trice Junior.
Speaker 8: Oh well he was just put on irs.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's it, okay.
Speaker 7: Okay, bang it well, good thing?
Speaker 5: Not even.
Speaker 10: Then.
Speaker 3: I also looked at Amani and he was like grated top fifteen or top twenty week four. So it's kind of like.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay. So that was a trick question.
Speaker 4: It's a smaller sample size it is here.
Speaker 3: You there have only been.
Speaker 4: This one's gonna be.
Speaker 3: There have only been two missed field goals in blank games.
Speaker 4: This season for the NFL.
Speaker 8: Which team, Oh, it was only cow Steelers.
Speaker 4: Well it's got to be. It's gotta Steelers then, yeah, because yeah, yeah, he's a good he's a good kicker, though.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna say Steelers.
Speaker 4: It said both.
Speaker 8: Really was that counting preseason? Didn't Aubrey miss one impressing season trick?
Speaker 4: Question? The answer was both.
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that you cheat ahead.
Speaker 6: I think you whereas I need it. I need a red flag hold on like a yellow flag.
Speaker 8: You can give a little buzzard. All right, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 9: Hear your hair.
Speaker 3: Blank blank have a sixteen point seven percent success rate on running back runs on first downs. It's the worst in the league.
Speaker 8: Gee, I wonder how that could be.
Speaker 5: That's truly fifty to fifty because both of these teams are not doing well in the run game.
Speaker 4: I'll go Cowboys. Yeah, you're right, yeah.
Speaker 8: Just poking get the bear with un game, the run game.
Speaker 5: Which we have to said shot on this game and we're still getting that one.
Speaker 8: I felt confident in.
Speaker 3: Okay, no wide receiver has more receiving yards this year without a touchdown than Blank. That sounds like George, sound like the story of his life.
Speaker 4: So far, stor of his career.
Speaker 7: He'd be out there.
Speaker 4: It's like back in the day.
Speaker 5: I mean, Michael Irvin had his fair share of touchdowns, but Emmett with all his Michael would catch it, get down to like the two yard line or the one yard line, and then Emmett would run it in.
Speaker 8: Was the reason for that.
Speaker 2: He's the Jones is the same way where he was just like all the yards, all the yard It's like Jason Jason Witten, the same thing.
Speaker 4: Witten did not have a bod of tds.
Speaker 3: Blank, the excuse me, guys, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Blank. Blank's three hundreds sixteen receiving yards are eighth most in the NFL CD.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, good man, I stuck at this game.
Speaker 7: It's not that easy to I'm just like, I'm colused. I'm sorry, I'm glad you're challenging us. I'm not going to really think.
Speaker 8: Okay, Blank, I'm not a good test taker. Have I get test anxiety?
Speaker 3: Blank have just one kickoff return through four games on their collective opponents. Oh my gosh, and their collective opponents have a ninety three percent touchback percentage.
Speaker 8: Read it again.
Speaker 5: I think Cowboys they've only had I mean, they haven't really had too many. Well, no, it's got to be Steelers because I can think of three or four really great hits.
Speaker 6: Yeah, say the last again.
Speaker 3: So the Steelers have just one kickoff return through four games, and their collective opponents have a ninety three percent touchback percentage.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's why they've only returned Okay, yeah, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 8: Not the evil. She knows what she's doing.
Speaker 3: Week four blank. This is his stat line and specific.
Speaker 4: Per Steelers Steelers.
Speaker 8: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Week four blank. Two tackles for lost, four assisted tackles so six total, one sack for seven yards, three quarterback kids, one tackle for loss t J.
Speaker 8: That sounds low for t J. Low, t J.
Speaker 3: That's a full st line, defensive line.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna Hayward Cam Hayward. Yeah, he's a tear. It's just a terror.
Speaker 7: He's a him and him and him and Tyler Smith going at.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be gonna be. It's gonna be for box office.
Speaker 3: I'm so ready box office is hilarious. Link is giving up twenty three point eight yards to tight ends?
Speaker 5: Which team twenty eight yards per game to tight ends?
Speaker 8: Wow, I'm gonna say the Steelers.
Speaker 7: Let me take Cowboys Steelers. Yeah, I think he's gonna say, because there's more.
Speaker 2: Ferguson's gonna get that, even though what tight ends have they gone up against?
Speaker 7: Let me see, Let's.
Speaker 2: Say because because that's interesting, because that's because they're linebackers.
Speaker 7: Are they played?
Speaker 6: It could also make sense why Tomlin kind of mentioned Ferguson specifically this week and giving me as a title his grandpa and all of that, But why Tomlin was very adamant about talking about Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 2: They played Atlanta, so Pitts and co pits, Well, yeah, they also bring Minka Fitzpatrick down a lot of the time.
Speaker 4: To really good safety.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 4: He's good.
Speaker 2: So that might be why that is because I'm not scared of they line back Sorry, sorry to tell you stupid.
Speaker 3: Blank leads the team with two hundred and twenty eight rushing yards.
Speaker 5: Is Steelers Dan, That's easy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: What's funny about Naji though, is like the way that a lot of Cowboys fans feel about Zeke is literally how people feel about Na. They're just like, he doesn't got it anymore. He's not explosive, he's not He's just straight north to south like that's how they look.
Speaker 8: At games productive.
Speaker 3: It's the difference last one game winner, game on the line.
Speaker 8: What you're gonna do? Are you gonna stand tall?
Speaker 4: Are you going to We're standing tall?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm not holding Blank has four interceptions this season justin.
Speaker 8: Feels no a huge team.
Speaker 2: Oh that they've gotten yes, well they gotta be Steelers. Yeah they got turnout was like that.
Speaker 8: Both Oh wow, actually picks was.
Speaker 5: Well Ao and then Kendricks who was.
Speaker 8: The last one?
Speaker 7: Donald did have one?
Speaker 6: Okay, who was the last one though, Wilson said Donald don Kendricks digs over wards.
Speaker 4: Hey, I remember when Days had.
Speaker 2: One two weeks ago, right, Speaking of though, that's my key to the game.
Speaker 7: M HM, takeaways, making the turn the ball over. They have a they run I categorize a very careful offense, and.
Speaker 2: The way they do things, Uh, justin fields is doing a good job of protecting the ball.
Speaker 7: Make them put that ball on the ground.
Speaker 2: If you can take advantage of Zach Fraser They're mentioned they're having some issues with the snaps and snap their rookie center, Yes, rookie center Zach Fraser a really good player. I'm hoping that the Cowboys can find some force, force some fumbles, you know, rip some if if Justin Fields is gonna run, punch that freaking all out, make him have to think twice about it, you know. Like, I think they will have some opportunities there. They just got to capitalize.
Speaker 4: Make the play and.
Speaker 3: Score prediction real quick, ladies, I said.
Speaker 5: It, twenty three twenty Cowboys out of time.
Speaker 8: That's so nice.
Speaker 4: That was a good one.
Speaker 8: I tried every week. I tried every week.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go seventeen twenty. Who you just asked for a score prediction? You nest For's gonna win? Ah, sorry, y'all, I'm going Steelers this week.
Speaker 8: You know it's bad.
Speaker 6: I'm down bad when I'm going opposing team and I'm doing it as a good omen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go nineteen twenty four Cowboys. I think Cowboys force a safety in there. Somehow, some way.
Speaker 5: We're all in the same ballpark. In terms of score scoring, What do you think Nicole.
Speaker 8: High scoring at all be.
Speaker 3: Their Cowboys twenty one.
Speaker 8: Okay, Steelers Steelers fourteen? Oh wow?
Speaker 5: So is the twenty one going to be three touchdowns and pats going to be seven field goals by Brandon already?
Speaker 3: Touchdowns and patsy.
Speaker 2: I'm not as scared, respectfully, I'm not as scared to get scared as these people.
Speaker 7: I'm not even as scared as these people as I was Cleveland. You've seen a defensive line like this you had all year.
Speaker 8: You've seen a.
Speaker 5: Defensive line like that, and mismatch with CD against their rookie nicktay Corner. So this this could be a really huge game for CD.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm traumatized.
Speaker 6: So I'm just keeping my expectations low.
Speaker 4: You're putting the double reverse Jinks, Steelers.
Speaker 8: I am for your courage.
Speaker 6: Because when I didn't do that, I was sitting in the middle of the who that little chant at eighteen Stadia whatever.
Speaker 5: I'm excited about Olbsburg. This is if you love football. I get asked all the time which your favorite place to play? We only get to go to Pittsburgh once every eight years. But in my opinion, if you're gonna go to two places other than AT and T Stadium of course to see an NFL game, Green Bay, lambeau Field is number one. That's like the Finnway of the NFL. But Pittsburgh is real football. I love it and I can't wait.
Speaker 3: The last time the Cowboys played on primetime was like nineteen eighty two and the Steelers won that game, So hopefully we get a different outcome.
Speaker 4: Ha ha kick off?
Speaker 8: Is that done with you on Sunday?
Speaker 3: Cowboys Nation? Hopefully we are back with a victory Monday on Monday, but so long for Nicole Edgison, Ausia Morris and Jesstinvars and Christy Scales will be back here next week. Bye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club