Speaker 1: Hi, and welcome back to Carol Markowitz Show on iHeartRadio. It's so nice to be back with you all. Happy New Year. The most asked question in my emails and dms over the last few weeks has been how did you do with your fiction reading New Year's Resolution from last year? Poorly? Friends, I did poorly. I completed only nine fiction books and many many half books. I just I can't finish books that I don't like it. I wish I could, I just can't do it. My favorite fiction book that I read in the last year was City of Thieves. I think I mentioned it maybe shortly after I read it at the beginning of the year, and then the rest were just okay, not really worth mentioning and not that recommendable. But City of Thieves very good. Check it out. I already finished a book this year's pretty good. It's called The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. I picked it up on a whim and tore through it on just two flights. To be fair, those flights did not have internet. Maybe that's what I need. I need for flights to stop having internet on board so I'll actually read the books that I carry with me. Midnight Library is about a woman about to kill herself who gets the option to go and live a lot of different versions of her life to see which she likes best.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: It was good. I mean again, I can't say it was like the greatest book ever, but I enjoyed it for what it was. I also guessed the ending pretty early on, but my daughter says, I'm annoying like that, and I really can't hold it against the book. Now I'm reading Submission by I'm going to butcher this French name, but Michelle Wellbach, and it's very good. It's one of those books that had been recommended to me many times over the years, and I'm finally getting around to it. And to be honest, I didn't realize it was fiction, or I would have read it much sooner. I read so much nonfiction already that I just didn't want to add another nonfiction book to the pile. Why do I talk so much about reading and why that's important to me. I used to be a major reader. I used to read all the time, NonStop, and it got harder and harder as I got older to read for fun. I blame my children. Okay, I actually blame my husband because it started happening shortly after we got married. But it's probably most blamed on the attention span that I lose bit by bit by being on the internet so much so my two things often go hand in hand. Less internet more reading. The other part is one of the questions I ask my guests is what do you worry about? Well, I worry when I'm reading fiction. It's like you lose yourself in another world and then you come up for air and your own and that just fills me with possibility. I feel very motivated after I read fiction. So I'm going to repeat the challenge this year and try to read more fiction. Please join me. I'd love to hear what books you're reading, and if you want to send in your suggestions or tell me anything else, drop me a line at Carol Markowitz Show at gmail dot com. Coming up my interview with Lisa Booth. But first, the new year is a time of reflection on the past year and hope for the year to come. Last year was a turbulent time for Israel and the Jewish people, with a devastating and ongoing multifront war, an unprecedented rise in global anti Semitism, and the loss of many Jewish lives. But we've also seen an uprising of love and support from you, my listeners. Through my partnership with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. Your support of IFCJ has saved lives and answered prayers. Thanks to the generosity of my listeners, bomb shelters have been built and placed, life saving food and emergency supplies have been provided to evacuees and those in critical danger, and protective gear and medical equipment has been distributed to first responders on the front lines. But there is still more work to do. Join the movement of those who have raised their voices to support Israel and the Jewish people. We ask you to continue your prayers and ongoing support today by visiting SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. That's one word, support IFCJ dot org. Hi, and welcome back to the Carol Markowitz Show on iHeartRadio. My guest today is Lisa Booth. Lisa is a Fox News contributor, host of The Truth with Lisa Booth and one of my all time, very best friends and just all around favorite people. Ailita.
Speaker 2: Hey, Carol, I love you, I love you. I'm so excited. I know Mike, what are you gonna ask?
Speaker 1: Mate? I can't believe it's taken this long, but I wanted you to be my first interview of twenty twenty five. Happy New Year, by the way.
Speaker 3: You zero, Yeah, we're in twenty twenty four. Actually I'm okay with saying goodbye to twenty twenty four. Right, So we've got Trump and office, all jades, things ahead, hopefully fingers crossed, so god willing.
Speaker 1: There's absolutely been a vibe shift. I feel like everybody's so optimistic heading into this year, and yeah, why not? And we're going to see a lot of each other, so really can't get better than that?
Speaker 2: Well? Absolutely, I always love hanging out with you. We have the best. We have too much fun.
Speaker 1: Seems Oh, we're not gonna remember we're not going to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, no, no, go ahead, go ahead. I remember what I made you take it to quila show.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do remember that. I had like a four am flight the next day, or I had to be get up at four am and Lisa comes back from the bar with a tray of shots for everybody, and you just knew that that morning the next day was it was gonna hurt a little, but it was worth it.
Speaker 3: It was although I'm on a no drinking kick right now, so we'll not how long this can go.
Speaker 1: So how's that going.
Speaker 2: It's great, honestly, you know, it's like I've never had a problem. Just for the record, right, but just to get that out of the way. But you know, it's like even when you get older.
Speaker 3: Like even two glasses of wine, you know, you feel like crap the next day and you wake up and you're groggy, and I've just been so busy lately that I'm like, you know what, and I'm trying to get in like really good shape, and so I'm just like, you know what, I don't need to I don't need to have like my time and my ability to get things done diminished by being hungover, even in the slightest And so you know, I'm just gonna maybe see if i can go thirty days and then see what else. And just I've been waking up refreshed and super productive. We share a producer, John. He's he could probably tell you that He's like, maybe you should go back to having a couple, you know, because I'm like, let's do this, let's do that.
Speaker 1: Thing, you know, So he's like, enough enough of this, Yeah, please stop. It's funny. I make the joke on here a lot that I try to drink more because I just don't feel like I drink anywhere near enough. Like I have a humongous barre at home with all these different kinds of like cool alcohol, and I love whiskey. I'm you know, really into like rise and bourbons, but I just never remember to drink. So I'm always like, I drink more. But I get you where I can have more than two, absolutely not more than two, and the night is ruined. The next day is ruined if you do hit a certain age where where two is the limit. But I want to hear how this goes, you know, I want to hear how all this turns out. I'm rooting for you, except for the nights when we're together, in which case I'm going to be a really bad influence.
Speaker 3: I know. I feel, well, that's so fun. I don't need to Yeah, Like I am very fun, right, so I don't be drinking to be fun you really sadly way, Yeah, it'll be funny if we do another interview and we're like sport. Remember when I told you you were still fun without it, I was a lie.
Speaker 1: No, you're definitely still fun without it. I have seen you not during this time, not drinking, and yeah, you've been awesome means so much fun. You're still a bad influence on the rest of us, exactly, exactly. So I find you to be just fascinating and super smart but also super wise. And this show is about, you know, living better and all of that. So I want to get into what would you say to like, what advice would you give to the Lisa Booth of sixteen years old?
Speaker 3: So actually, I would give myself the advice of being nicer to my parents and treating them with more respect, because I think it's one of those things that you know obviously when you well, look, I was. I was a tough child to raise. I've always been extremely independent, you know, I have a lot of opinions, obviously, hence working in this industry.
Speaker 2: And so I was stubborn, right. I was always loving.
Speaker 3: And I always loved my parents, but you know, I was challenging, right, And so as you get older, you just you appreciate your parents more and you realize everything they've done for you. And so I wish I could go back because it eats like you, we don't know how much time, but God's going to give us or parents and the people we love, and so I wish I could go back and just always treat them with the utmost respect and.
Speaker 2: Because they deserve that, you know.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure, if you know, hopefully God willing, when I have kids, I'm probably going to get it from them.
Speaker 1: So let me assure you you will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like God's probably going to be like you deserve this one, Lise, like enjoy.
Speaker 1: No, but it's a good point. Look, I have my mom staying with me right now. She's amazing, She does tons of stuff for us, She's just awesome.
Speaker 2: But you know, there are.
Speaker 1: Some challenges and challenges from from my side, and it is a struggle sometimes to treat them the way that they deserve to be treated. So I fully expect my kids to behave the same way as me, though I don't have any illusions that they're going to be better.
Speaker 3: But can I say one thing that I really I've always really admired about you because like I do adore you, I love you like just such an amazing person.
Speaker 2: You're an incredible friend.
Speaker 3: But like I feel like you've got it figured out, you know, and it's hard. No, you do from an outsider, I know you probably don't say that, right, no, but it's like you love your kids and you're very present for your kids. You love your husband. I've seen you guys together, like there's so much love there. You have a great marriage, and then you're also you know, kicking butt in your career as well, and I feel like it's very hard to like do all of those things at once, and then you still, you know, go out occasionally and have a good time. So it's like I feel like you've got like the recipe figured out, and I'm like out there still buying ingredients.
Speaker 2: From like you've baked the cake and it's nice. I'm totally you know.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate that. I like to say, you know what, people like, how do you do it? I do it poorly?
Speaker 2: Like I just don't. I know you probably feel that way, but you don't.
Speaker 3: Like from I see you know, I see you and like the way you operate and like I admire that. So it's I know it's not easy, but you're you're very present and all the things that you're doing, and I think, like that's not hard to do or that's not easy to do.
Speaker 1: Rather thank you, thank you. This is going to be the Mutual Appreciation Society interview. Sure, I kind of felt like this is how it was going to go. We'd be like, I love you, No, I love you. Now you're swa.
Speaker 2: People listening are gonna be like, oh.
Speaker 1: My, these two hopefully they're still hungover from New Years exactly. Did you always want to be on TV?
Speaker 3: No, I like it. It never even occurred to me to be I just never even thought that. I don't know, I really never even considered it. I didn't consider it until so. I was always the political route. So I was a political science major in college, went to work on Capitol Hill when I graduated, you know, did that, worked on campaigns, like did that whole thing. And I was working on a Senate race at the time, and my boss was like, you're doing spin room after the debate, and so the spin room for those listening if you're unaware, basically afterwards, either the candidate or someone from the team, the team goes out and like gives the hey, you know, addresses the media and you know, to the effect of being like we won because of X, Y and Z and you know, you kind of go out and you make your declaration, you take questions from me. Yeah, and so he was like, that's what you're doing tonight. And I'm like, I have never been on TV, like I don't know, you know, and he was like, it's not a question, it's like a directive, like you're doing this, and so I was like, oh man, So yeah, during the debate, I'm like furiously taking notes and really just trying to like pay attention to everything that was said.
Speaker 2: I prepare like my remarks and what I was going to go do.
Speaker 3: And I went out there and like the this is in Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Press Corps.
Speaker 2: They're brutal, like they're very left wing. They hated my candidate.
Speaker 3: So I go out there, I give my statement, I'm taking the income, and I'm like, man, this is so much fun. Like I freaking loved it. And then so after that they're like, Okay, you're doing TV for the rest of the campaign cycle because I guess they thought I was good at it and I enjoyed it. And so after that, I, you know, I went back to Capitol Hill and I kind of had in the back of my mind that this is something I'd like to do at some point. And then, you know, fast forward, I found myself not working on Capitol Hill anymore and was able to start doing it for the first time. And then it's just like one thing led to another and now I'm here. It was a lot of work, don't get me wrong. Me Like I was paying to take the bus up to New York to do shows on my own dime when I wasn't making you know, I wasn't making up with money. But and then that just kind of kicked off something in me of being like, Wow, there was something about this I just love.
Speaker 1: Was it the arguing that you enjoyed?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Could that be it? Harol?
Speaker 2: And no, one's uh, you know, I do enjoy you know, like my mom.
Speaker 3: My mom always used to say, if I could, just like harness that power for good, it would be very productive.
Speaker 2: Like I remember, I, well, I don't know if I should tell well, I asked her.
Speaker 3: I was in I think I was like elementary school or something, and I went to a private Christian school at the time, and so this girl accused me of stealing the communion and I did not, so I slapped her because I'm like, how dare you you know I did not do.
Speaker 1: This in the communion. She's lucky she got away with just a slap.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So then I went to the principal's office and he was like, you can't. You shouldn't be doing that. You know, I can't remember. This is like forever ago, but basically the gist of it, or at least what was, you know, told to my mom and then now that I know, because you know, you don't always remember everything exactly from middle school, but I remember slapping her, but and then going to the principal's office. But and then he like basically he was like, you know, why did you slapper? And I'm like, well, she's stealed. She accused me of stealing the communion and like what's worse slapping someone or lying? And he was like who, like what, like who are you? You know?
Speaker 1: And then so I didn't end up lapping ma'am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like but I really didn't end up getting in trouble. He just like told my mom, and my mom was like, why did you let her?
Speaker 2: You know what I like?
Speaker 3: And so there's always like these situations where I was able to kind of like, you know, your thing.
Speaker 2: Have it yeah, talk my way out.
Speaker 3: And my mom was just always like, we just need to know harness this and focus this on goods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as long as she doesn't become like a war criminal.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: More with Lisa in a moment. But first, while we may have won this election, the fight to restore our great nation is only beginning. Now is the time to take a stand, and Patriot Mobile is leading the charge. As America's only Christian conservative wireless provider, Patriot Mobile offers a way to vote with your wallet without compromising on quality or convenience. Patriot Mobile isn't just about providing exceptional cell phone service. It's a call to action to defend our rights and freedoms. With Patriot Mobile, you'll get outstanding nationwide coverage because they operate on all three major networks. If you have cell phone service today, you can get cell phone service with Patriot Mobile with a coverage guarantee. But the difference is every dollar you spend supports the First and Second Amendments, the sanctity of life, and our veterans and first responders. Switching is easy, keep your number, keep your phone.
Speaker 2: Or upgrade.
Speaker 1: Their one hundred percent US based customer service team will help you find the perfect plan. Go to Patriotmobile dot com slash Carol k R O L or call nine seven to two Patriot and get a free month of service with promo code Carol krol. Switch to Patriot Mobile today and defend freedom with every call and text you make. Visit Patriot Mobile dots slash Carol k A R O L or call nine seven to Patriot.
Speaker 2: What do you worry about? Everything?
Speaker 1: I think? You know?
Speaker 2: Are you a worrier? Oh my god, Caro, What don't I worry about?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: You see so like optimistic I am, but I worry about Like it's just my mind. I'm very like analytical.
Speaker 3: I'm always thinking about things, a very hard time turning my brain off, and so it's a challenge of mine. That's something I've worked on as I've gotten older about, you know, realizing that things are outside of our control and just kind of like giving up to God and letting go of things.
Speaker 2: But it's not always easy, you know.
Speaker 3: Look, I was really worried about the direction of the country before the election, like terrified. It was keeping me up at night. I mean, heading into the election, I couldn't sleep. I had so much anxiety and then you know, now I obviously feel much better about that because we're in good hands with President Trump. You know, I worry personally about you know, with my career, I'm always asking myself, am I doing enough? Should I be doing more? Am I far along as I should be? You don't have a family yet, so I worry about am I going to be able to do that?
Speaker 2: Am I?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: So? Yeah, So I worry about a lot of things. I think it's sort of a you know, a little bit of human nature to worry. How do you get more of active mind?
Speaker 1: How do you talk yourself down on those ledges?
Speaker 3: You know, honestly it's talking to my parents. My parents are very good at kind of like, you know, sort of rewinding those thoughts. And then also like exercising, going for walks. You know, for me, I played sports my whole entire life, so I'm like really into I've got to work out, you know, so just going walks, clearing my mind and just kind of realizing that, you know, we're we're not in control of everything, and uh, you know, just accepting things as there are.
Speaker 2: What would you be.
Speaker 1: Doing if you weren't doing this? Like, what would a plan be for Lisa Boothby.
Speaker 3: I mean, honest, I'd probably still be doing the whole political thing. I've always just really loved politics. Like my dad worked on Capitol Hill when I was growing up, and he's always been kind of my I mean, I adore my mom as well, and I admire them and go to them for different parts of life, but in terms of career, I've always really looked up to my dad, and so he's always ask him questions about Capitol Hill and politics growing up, and he would never treat me like a kid and just be like, oh, you know, like you would have these conversations with me and inform me, and like he's testified before before Congress, not for anything bad as a as a policy you know, as a policy expert, and so I would go with him, you know. So I just kind of really had this like admiration for politics, and so I'd probably still i don't know, maybe be on Capitol Hill, maybe you know, doing something in politics, campaigns, you know, probably would have been working on elections this past cycle.
Speaker 2: He's right of center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always been a Republican. I definitely have gotten further to the right. I think there's been a cool thing. Yeah, right, exactly. Well, it was Obama's time in office, and you know, seeing the irs go after the tea party, and also sort of being I was working at the nrc SEA during the tea party as well, so sort of saying people being like, you know what, like this is my government, you know, not the other way around, Like you work for us, we don't work for you.
Speaker 2: And then obviously Cavanaugh was a big.
Speaker 3: Part as well of just seeing the smearing of this innocent man, what they did to Trump in twenty sixteen, and then just witnessing all the rest of it that they've done to them. You know, they trying to throw him in jail and you know, really weaponize the government against him in a way that is and it's anesthetical to like what we're supposed to be as America. So I've definitely gotten further to the right as I've gotten older.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of those are radicalizing moments for me too.
Speaker 2: Them COVID, Oh my god, I didn't even know there was that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, COVID you were actually we'll come back to meet what radicalized me. But you were actually extremely outspoken on COVID to the point where it harmed you a little or you know, could have could have hurt your career. But so why did you do it?
Speaker 2: No, it did. It did hurt my career because it was wrong.
Speaker 3: And I'm a nerd, and you know, I was a vice president appolling firm for a while, and so I'm used to working with data, and so I started reading things like doctor John E. Needes, He's a world renown epidemiologist for Stanford. He wrote a column in stat News after the fifteen days to slow the spread, and he was looking I think it was the Diamond Princess cruise shrip, and he was looking at that as like a case study, and his conclusion was that basically the COVID would end up being roughly around the same fatality rate as the flu, and that basically the reason the fatality rate was so skewed is because we were only testing people who were showing up at the hospital who were sick and dying, and we were missing cases. And then like and then you can go fast forward in April, and we had these antibody study tests from Santa or from Stanford, from in Santa Clara, California, as well as in New York and we were finding that we were missing cases by like up to eighty sold, meaning that the fatality rate was significant less. Or you could go to July of twenty twenty one and there was an outbreak in Provincetown, Massachusetts, and seventy five percent of basic case.
Speaker 1: All like at the front of your note because you're like, I'm not gonna forget this.
Speaker 2: So I'm not gonna because we shouldn't.
Speaker 3: But then in seventy five percent of the cases and that cluster were vaccinated. And then there was also a study published in The Lancet basically saying the vaccines weren't stopping in the thread of delta. So then the whole purpose of getting vaccinated if you're young and healthy was deemed irrelevant because it was a personal thing, not a public thing, right, Like, you weren't protecting others if you got vaccine, right.
Speaker 2: So there's just these moments.
Speaker 3: And then I became friends with all these people in you know, these world were now and epidviologists and you know, Martin kolderf and Jamadator like you know, you know, I don't know if they call me a friend, but you know, like they were giving me information and I was asking questions and Martin McCarey and like all these people and you know, and so I was learning from them, and I felt that the truth needed to get out there.
Speaker 1: And okay, so the truth of need is to get out there. But it harmed you personally. Isn't there some like line where you're like, I don't have I'm not going to do this because I'm going to suffer.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: And I remember having these conversations with my parents because they were like, least you're really sticking your neck out there, you know, you might get it chopped off.
Speaker 2: And I was like, well, you know, then, so be it.
Speaker 3: Right. Like I was fully prepared when I moved down to Florida that you know, I wouldn't be able to travel, right, because there were talks about like not letting the unvaccinate and fly, and so I was just like, all right, well, I guess there's worse places to be hunkered down, and you know, Lina.
Speaker 1: Will just never leave Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I was fully prepared, you know.
Speaker 3: And then there was a moment too, like I think Amicron really deprogrammed people, because up until that point, like people were radical with it. And then I think omicron because it was so if everyone know it exactly that even the people who were like, oh you're dirty, something's wrong with you if you get COVID, they got it and they're like, oh, it's not that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember this ADA clearly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And once they had it, they were like, oh, this is nothing, like really it's nothing. Yes, that's what we've been saying exactly. But it took that. It took that. It took them getting it and seeing that it was not a big deal in order for them to understand. I just it's unfortunate that so many people couldn't. I've never had COVID, not that I know of, and I had my antibodies tested two different times, like after being sick, and I've never had it, so I understood that without getting sick myself, like why couldn't they make that leap? But but yeah, that was a very radicalizing time and I don't think we're going to allow the same kind of thing to go down in the same way again. But I always worry that we're not seeing like what the future problem will be and we're going to just you know, follow it the same way. But I do like that we've kind of woken up as a country somewhat and all the radicalizing things that you've talked about. I think that they moved a lot of people like them searching more A lago was for me this moment of like, wow, they have stepped over the line. And I've seen not very political people make that same comment, like that was a line for them. They searched this man's home, they were in you know, Malania's shoe closet. That is beyond well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you know with Ray, Christopher Ray stepping down, you know, you have that letter from Senator Chuck Grassley, who's going to be the incoming Senate Judiciary chairman, and like he's not a hyperbolic guy, right, like I've had him on my podcast. He's very mild mannered. He's statesman. And he outlined in the eleven pages of all the egregious examples of why Christopher Ray needed to leave and why he had no confidence in him. And that was one of the reasons listed was the unprecedented rate against Donald Trump with thirty armed FBI agents with essentially, you know, authorized to use lethal force if needed. And then they didn't do that with Hillary Clinton, who mishandled classified information or Joe Biden. But they did do that with Donald Trump. So again, you know, continuously on the receiving end of you know, the weapon is a of government that he's been on.
Speaker 1: Do you have a like earlier radicalizing moment, because like mine was, for example, election two thousand, it was the first moment I was like, wait, the Democrats are trying to steal this selection. And I was like, oh I I mean I was always right of center, but I was like, I want to be more involved in this, Like they're absolutely trying to steal the selection, and I want to be more into this.
Speaker 2: Probably when I realized Sannah isn't real.
Speaker 3: Was that like last year or it's like I'm like an original like Santa Truther, Like I I was the kid that uh I think I was in kindergarten and I didn't look with the whole Santa thing just didn't really make sense to me.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, wait, you rooted for the other kids. I did, but I didn't mean too. I thought I was doing them right.
Speaker 3: But and so I like, my you know, when you hear the story, I'm like none of this checks out right, Like so this guy flies here from the.
Speaker 2: You know, like, I'm like, he gets downe just me.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that story.
Speaker 2: How does he get it done? Every night? House?
Speaker 3: After how I'm like none of this around the world and like none of this makes sense. And so I like stayed up all night and I'm like, I wonder what I'm going to see, and so I wanted to like catch you know whatever. And so I saw my parents wrapping presents and putting under the Christmas tree. And then I confronted my mom about it the next day and like asked her a bunch of questions, and she didn't want to lie to me because she felt like, obviously as a parent, it's the beauty to be honest. So she told me the truth. And then I went to school and I was like, you guys, we've been lied to. Wow, her parents are lying to us, Like the jig is up. Everyone needs to know. And then my mom got a lot of really angry.
Speaker 2: Phone calls from there. It's being like, what is wrong with your kid?
Speaker 1: You know, Jews are instructed by their parents not to ruin it or not for the Christian kids, like the.
Speaker 2: Guys they were wise enough or not.
Speaker 1: And then me totally Santa, Yes, and you were like, I've done the research, moked into the evidence, and guys, I have some news.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm like you, guys, we've been lied to and U you need to know spread the word.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure your parents enjoyed that very much, for.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you this is why I try to do everything I can to help my parents out now, because I'm like it aft even.
Speaker 3: Sorry I got Santa thing, yes exactly, well lives along the lust.
Speaker 1: Well, I have obviously loved this conversation. I love all of our conversations. I think that we should just do this over tequila next time if you're you know, in a mood for that. But and us here with your best Lisa Booth tip for my listeners on how they can live better lives.
Speaker 3: So I would say take risks. And I realized that it's more difficult for some. You know, obviously, if you have a family of mouths to feed, uh, you know, that's what makes things a little bit more difficult. So I'm understanding of that. But I think taking risk is really important. Like I had interviewed for a job for a Senate race, the one that actually ironically I did TV for the first time, which led me down this career. But I think I interviewed on like Wednesday, found out I got the job on the Friday, and then I had moved to Wisconsin on that Monday. And so in the span of just a few days, I'd gotten a job, interviewed for job, got it, and then moved to a totally new state where I didn't know anyone, you know. And so I think that just being able to take risk, I think can kind of help because I think sometimes people, you know, they want what's safe, and sometimes what is safe I think can keep you from achieving everything you are capable of.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, I think that stepping outside of that safety is actually where the success happens. It's just hard to do sometimes, but.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be an idiot about it, like yeah, it's like I know, I'm not you know, like I thought I could sing when I was growing up, and I asked my mom one day and she said, she said, there were a lot of things I was good at and singing was not one of them, and to focus on these other things so that you know, you don't want to be like an idiot, like I'm I'm not going at your row.
Speaker 2: You might be the same as singer, and then you know that's within reason, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think if you try doing it on the weekends and see what happens.
Speaker 2: I think that I would probably have tomatoes thrown at me. If that's still a thing.
Speaker 1: I'll be there to defend you, so that's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: You would take a tomato for me.
Speaker 1: I would take a tomato for you.
Speaker 2: That as a friend, that really is.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming on. She is Lisa Booth. You're on her show, The Truth with Lisa Booth.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Lisa, I love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for joining us on the Carol Marco wid Show. Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.