Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: Well documented to give back to the senior class of Borehouse UH and then I recently, you know saw that the parents as well of some of the students UH, their their tuitions were their student loan debt.
Speaker 5: Taking care of One of the things I heard you speak about, and I haven't.
Speaker 4: I've never heard it was broadband deserts and how HBCUs are disproportionately.
Speaker 5: Affected by having board band deserts.
Speaker 4: Not a topic that I've heard discussed, you know, nationally or even in you know, amongst communities, about how that affects students long term and how it affects communities and education. Can you talk about your efforts to try to combat that. Yeah, it's a great question.
Speaker 6: Uh, we've been talking about what is really the Fourth Industrial Revolution that's occurring today. Every industry is being digitized, every single one. I mean you just look in our studio here and how much of this equipment is now digit versus what it was even eight years ago.
Speaker 5: Whereas analog right, the capacity to edit okay, the capacity to.
Speaker 6: Deliver streaming real time, you know, phase time around the world, your program, that wasn't you know something you could do ten years ago, twelve years ago?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: Digitizing everything every industry. This is again, this whole fourth Industrial Revolution is changing the economic landscape of this planet. But yet our HBCUs, eighty percent of them are in broadband deserts. How are you going to participate if you don't have access to the tool of progress, the principal tool of progress today in the economy, And that is a big problem. And that's one that we decided to take on, and I decided to take on and bring some partners to take on to go get after this.
Speaker 5: We have to enable all of our.
Speaker 6: Citizenry to participate in this next generation of opportunity. The US today, you own know this. Our borders are basically closed. Okay, you know we've got immigration laws and political conflict that in essence we are not importing labor anymore. And as we need to grow as society, we need people.
Speaker 5: I just tell people the biggest issue, the.
Speaker 6: Most scarce asset we have on this planet today or software programmers. There's eight billion people on the planet. There's only twenty six million of us who write software.
Speaker 5: For a living.
Speaker 6: And it is that software that is required to digitize every industry on the planet. Automotive, healthcare, demands, banking, all of it is now requiring tools and systems that.
Speaker 5: Digital in nature.
Speaker 6: But yet one of the greatest infrastructures for training people Historically, black college and universities eighty percent of them don't have broadband access where our kids can learn.
Speaker 5: The tools of this craft.
Speaker 6: In a way that they can participate effectively long term. And if we don't get this right now, eight years from now, ten years from now, twenty years from now, the market of change and opportunity and transformation will have been gone so far that we won't be able to participate in this next way. We didn't get to participate in the great economic opportunity that was America in owning land, okay, many of our families were unpaid labor okay, which created massive wealth. And then you had gi Bill Home Set Act, Southern Home Set Act. We didn't participate in that proportionately. We didn't get a chance to participate in the asset accretion in real estate because of redlining in those dynamics. And so now here we are corporate Americas started to expand. It has taken a while for us to get and we're still not even their fair share of opportunity to participate as professionals environment and now you're going through the fourth Industrial Revolution. If we don't participate here, it's going to be the same dynamic. That's why it's so essential that we equip our children and our communities with the tools, and they need to insist that those tools be provided and insist that they learn and train and develop ways to participate in this economy, in this digital economy. What percentage of your viewership you think is listening on some digital device or digital ablement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC Erness.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital. Tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a tech This man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan.
Speaker 2: These are just.
Speaker 1: Some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and.
Speaker 2: Deported, you will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be.
Speaker 3: Protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Your business relies on it, so why shouldn't your community participate in it.
Speaker 5: And right now those schools are being star up to those resources.
Speaker 6: You can say, conscious, unconscious, whatever it is, but the fact is it is there. That's what we have to do about it. Look, I'm going to do my part, and you guys got to continue to do your part and make sure that your viewership demands that our HBCUs have access to broadband, every one of them, not just the big ones, every one of them, so that our kids could learn and participate and have the ability to now take what they know and deliver business systems solutions into their community to make their small and medium businesses in their community and the education of the kids in our community more effective than what it is today.
Speaker 7: We want to just follow up on that on the HPCU thing, because you got a lot of headlines when you do more house, when you paid off the student loans. But when we were in LA and I heard you speak about that, and I realized that it wasn't It's a little bit more complicated, which actually led to something else, another initiative. So can you talk about that because people just saw he paid off everybody's doing the loan, but that's not actually the full story, right, Yeah, so.
Speaker 6: The next thing, so what I hell, Like all things, it's not as easy as you think to pay off somebody's loan.
Speaker 5: And everybody's like.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Who would have thought?
Speaker 5: Because yeah, wh would have thought?
Speaker 6: Right, Because if you pay off somebody's loan, either you're giving them a gift or they're receiving a gift. Now they got to pay taxes on it, So there's a burden to them or an increasing burden to you. So you've got to actually architect a system to do that effectively so that doesn't create the burden in that process. What I learned is over sixty percent of African American wealth goes towards servicing student loans. Okay, you come out, you got sixty eighty one hundred and twenty thousand dollars with the student loans. Now you're paying interest on those loans. Something happens in your family, to use your job, whatever. Now that compound and it can be decades before you've paid off those student loans. That inhibit your ability to buy stocks, bonds, a house, invest in a business, you see what I mean. And I was like, well, that's just unconstable because most of the student loans you're paying back to the United States government. Yeah, African Americans paying money back to United States government to pay.
Speaker 3: Our student loans.
Speaker 5: How y'all feel about that? That's crazy?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, y'all should think about that, right, talk about that, right. So then I thought, well, what's a better way to do it? This is what's the better equilibrium system? The better equilibrium system is to create a fund. It's called the Student Freedom Initiative. We raise money, I put in a bunch of money, and now these students borrow from the fund. Okay, make sure it fits our condition. Our condition often is that we often aren't paid as much as corresponding white students. So let's make sure that the interest rate is below. Parent plus loans at a minimum, at a minimum and.
Speaker 5: Every now and you have life interruptions.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, if there's a life interruption, you know, parent ailing, we got to go back take care of that parent. Then we can actually stop those payments in that period of time. Parent plus now you're gonna pay whether you work it or not, under compounds and all that. So you can stop it during that period of time. And if you decide to go work in a community to be a teacher like you were, right, okay, and you're making below a certain amount, but you're doing good for the community. You do that for twenty years and that's forgiven. But rather than pay that money back to the government, it pays back into the fund, and then that fund can relend that capital and that's.
Speaker 5: A virtuous cycle.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: So that's a student Freedom Initiative is okay, And so that our students can borrow from this fund and they pay back into that fund.
Speaker 3: They can be reborrowed.
Speaker 6: So now you're taking care of your own community through your work in that regard.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 7: And the money goes back to the next generation of students.
Speaker 6: Right my graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike, drop bag drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home, app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,