Speaker 1: Hey, fam, Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 2: Today on the bright Side, we're popping off and audition on all of the biggest pop culture moments of the week. What are the biggest fault makeup trends? And why is Beyonce washing her jeans with diamonds? Joining us to weigh in is TV host, beauty and lifestyle influencer and my good friend Julisa Bermudez.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, October fourth.
Speaker 3: I'm Danielle Robe and I'm Simone Voice, and this is the bright Side from Hello Sunshine, a daily show where we come together to share women's stories, laugh, learn and brighten your day. Danielle, It's Friday and we are popping off per husu.
Speaker 2: Yes we are, but we actually already popped off this week once because we were guests on the tamer and Hall Show.
Speaker 4: It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: Tamoran was doing a show all about big voices and ask us to come on to talk about being some of the biggest voices in podcasting, which wow, I mean, what a huge compliment. It's so funny because you go to work every day and you kind of do your work in a vacuum and you're not always thinking about you know, whether people are digesting it and resonating with what you're doing. But this was a really cool moment of validation and affirmation and just such a huge honor.
Speaker 1: Well here's what I thought was cool.
Speaker 2: It seems like Tameron really embraced the bright side and the idea of the show because she worked in news and she felt like bogged down by the negativity of the stories sometimes. And so I think she looked at us on that couch and she said to us, like, even in the commercial break, I love what you're doing. I love the positivity of it. So I hope that translates every day. But for anyone who missed it, here's a clip.
Speaker 1: Tell me how you select work. You're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: Simone and I are very different people, like we're in different phases of life. I'm single, she's married, she has kids.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 2: We're trying to share a diverse perspective and breath of stories, because when you share a single narrative, that's when stereotypes happen, that's when bias occurs, that's.
Speaker 1: When you flatten complex realities.
Speaker 3: I hope that when you listen to our show, you can see yourself represented in our perspectives. You might listen to an episode and be like, Okay, I'm a Danielle here, I'm a Simone there. I haven't told you this, but I was with some of my best friends over the weekend and one of my breastfriend, Grace, she goes to me, Simone, you know I love you, you know you're my girl. But Danielle is my woo woo cream.
Speaker 4: It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: The tam fam, which is what Tameron Hall calls her audience, so warm, so embracing. Tameron was the best, so supportive.
Speaker 4: Danielle.
Speaker 3: I just remember those moments backstage when you and I were standing there in that spot where the door opens up, and this was the first time I'd ever been on a show where the door opens up from the center, and I just remember being.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, what do I do with my hands? Like what do we do here?
Speaker 2: I went into the hair and makeup because for morning shows or daytime talk shows, the hair and makeup room is always the room where people are popping off and they watch the show every day. So I walked into the hair and makeup room and I was like, Okay, how do we walk out? Because I see people walk out on these shows and they give like the Princess or the Queen Wave, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I can't blow kisses and I don't want to have awkward hands.
Speaker 1: How do we walk off?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: And I decided to do the double Wave. They're in the air and we did the double Wave. I still haven't watched it back. I hope it looked okay.
Speaker 3: Which I feel like the double wave is giving like Macy's Thanksgiving Day praade where you're just like acknowledging all the crowds on both sides.
Speaker 2: No, but it was.
Speaker 4: It was really fun. Hopefully we get to do it again sometime.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much to everyone at the Tameron Hall Show. Thank you so much to our team at Hello Sunshine, iHeartRadio who made this possible. Everyone was so kind and smart and made us feel so welcome. By the way, you can catch the Tamerorn Hall Show weekdays on ABC and just check your local listings for times in your area.
Speaker 2: Also that tam FAM's the best dressed audience in daytime, I think, so check it out just to see what they're wearing. Anyways, today we're keeping the fun going with Julisa Bermudez. But first it's time to spotlight our favorite moment of the week.
Speaker 3: Yes, this week we're spotlighting October's Reese's book Club pick, and this month's pick is Society of Lies by Lauren ling Brown. It's a thrilling murder mystery that follows a character named Maya as she returns to Princeton for her college reunion, only to find out that her younger sister, Naomi is dead. So police deem Naomi's death and accident, but Maya isn't buying it, so she takes it upon herself to start piecing the story together. She soon discovers that Naomi had joined the same exclusive social club that Maya was a part of despite her warnings.
Speaker 2: I love a good mystery. How perfect for a spooky fall season. And speaking of Reese, we have the spotlight one more thing.
Speaker 3: This weekend. We're going to shine Away, Yes, for our very first live podcast taping. So for those who don't know, shine Away is a two day event in Los Angeles where we get to celebrate and empower women. It's basically like a girls' day out. Instead of girls' night out, it's girls day out. There are panels, workshops, culinary and wellness demos, author meet and greet. You get to meet your favorite authors, plus some exclusive film and TV previews.
Speaker 2: It's honestly one of my favorite weekends of the year. It is so warm and nourishing and everybody is just shining a light on each other, hence the name I think shine Away. And on Saturday, we're taping a live episode of the bright Side with Gobby Dalkin and Amanda Clutes. So if you're in the Los Angeles area, come join us in person. And if you're not able to make it, don't worry, you'll be able to listen to that show on Tuesday of next week, and Simone and I will be popping off on our ig stories for sure.
Speaker 4: All right, Danielle, you ready to pop off?
Speaker 1: Yes, let's do it today. Our bright Side bestie.
Speaker 2: Julisa Bermudez is back and I couldn't be more excited.
Speaker 1: So definitely, yes.
Speaker 2: Give me the horn that came from Simone's mouth, I think, not from an audio setting, which is wild for sure about which.
Speaker 5: Is very impressive.
Speaker 1: Actually, Mary, you might remember Julisa.
Speaker 2: You definitely remember Julisa from her time on one O six in Park or her TV series Empire Girls, which Julie, we can binge this again, right?
Speaker 1: Is this this is on a street service?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's actually on Amazon Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we all need to go back and watch Empire Girls again. But Julisa is also the founder of Rapublica Skin and an all around amazing friend and human being. Julisa, welcome back to the bright Side and happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Hi besties, Julisa.
Speaker 3: So happy to see your beautiful face this morning and have you back on the show.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it is officially fall.
Speaker 3: The seasons are shifting all around us first week of October, and that means I think that we kind of have to update our beauty and skin routines too, right, So what's on your radar for fall makeup trends?
Speaker 5: Okay? Well, I already say you got the nails downpacked, referring.
Speaker 4: To my burgundy nails.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, we'll call it Murlough Burgundy. It is, in my opinion, the color of the season. I've been obsessed with it. I have a nail design with the same color.
Speaker 2: But for fall, you.
Speaker 5: Absolutely should up your skincare. You probably want a little bit more moisture. You really want to bring out those face oils because you know, the colder months you want to be a little bit more nourished and hydrated. And there's a few trends actually besides the burgundy nails. You know, a good boot for the fall is always going to be in style.
Speaker 1: I have a question about the boots.
Speaker 2: Really, Okay, Okay, I'm five to one and I'm like, I have an athletic build.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me to find a boot. Do I go under the knee or over the knee?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I would probably do over the knee, believe it or not, Okay, because if you get under the knee and it's too short, it actually can cut you off.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm thinking. And you could do either right.
Speaker 5: Yes, what I'm not doing though, and I probably should never say never as you know. But is a kitten heel boot?
Speaker 3: No, you're not into the kitten heel I was gonna be like, and I know those things are back, those things. I love the kitten heel. I actually have a pair that I'm like loving right now.
Speaker 5: But do you have a kitten heel boots?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Kitten heel boots?
Speaker 5: Oh see if you're in New York. I guess that's okay, But.
Speaker 1: This is where we diverge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm personally not ready for it.
Speaker 4: But what about my feet? Ju Lisa? What about these dogs?
Speaker 5: What about them?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 4: Like, I gotta get.
Speaker 3: These dogs a break? But you're in La you yes, but it's just in dry heel boots.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's it's don't get I am not in my high heel era, but I'm also not in my kneel. So I'm in the in between a heel. Yes, so not a stiletto, per se, but you know, a chunky heel, a pointy toe, a nice you know, faux leather or faux croc. But there's this trend on TikTok with the boyfriend blush. Oh that I don't I also don't think I can get.
Speaker 1: With what is boyfriend blush?
Speaker 5: So boyfriend blush, I guess it's supposed to make you look like your boyfriend made you blush or something, and instead of bringing the blush up your face, you kind of do this triangle and you blend down. I'm just at the age where I'm not blending nothing down. I need to be up, up, up, up and snatched.
Speaker 1: Everything's gotta be up.
Speaker 5: Everything's gonna be when I tell you I'm in a ponytail and my blush is up all of the things. Yeah, not not down. So we'll leave a boyfriend blush to the girlies in a certain age group that don't care about snatched or up or down? Whatever?
Speaker 2: Do you change your makeup seasonally? Like, will you go with a different sort of color palette?
Speaker 5: For sure? Been loving the burgundie that really nice kind of I this is the time to bust out that like burnt colors in the palettes. This is the time the deeper lip. So if you're gonna do a deeper lip, I definitely recommend doing a dewey skin. That's also a trend because you need that balance.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, speaking of beauty, let's get into our first story here. So, Angela White, who you all might know as Black China, posted a reel featuring her seven year old daughter Dream and this video was so touching for so many reasons. So in this real Angela's doing Dreams hair and Dream points to her forehead. She motions to her forehead and kind of measures it to point out how big she perceives it to be And the reason why this video went viral is because of Angela's response. She responded by reassuring Dream that she's perfect, that she's beautiful just the way she is, no matter what she looks like. And I think the reason why this is so poignant and touching is because Angela has been so public about her own journey with beauty. I mean, just in the past couple of years, she's reversed several cosmetic procedures and express some remorse and regret over doing so much to her body at such a young age.
Speaker 4: Did you guys see this video?
Speaker 5: Yes, it was so touching.
Speaker 2: Julisa's making heart hands. Yeah, I think I've made some heart hands too with you. It's really beautiful. I thought to see sort of the transformation of Black China into Angela. She seems like a really different person and a different mom. And her idea of part of this transformation was external, Like she really changed her whole look and so she went way more natural. And to like see her step into her natural beauty and then try to share that with her daughter. I think everybody was just making the heartthands that Julisa made.
Speaker 5: What I found really crazy is that her daughter at such a young age even measuring it in that way. So how does she know if she's a quote unquote five head where all five fingers, you know, cover your forehead and you know what that means. And it was a thing when it came to Tyra Banks. Do you guys remember this? Like Tyra Banks, it was a thing when it came to her being so beautiful but also having you know, a quote unquote large forehead. And she was like, yeah, pretty girls I think her quote was pretty girls had big, big fourheads. And then it kind of stuck.
Speaker 2: I remember this because I've always had a big forehead and when she said that, I thought, oh, okay, like it made me feel better.
Speaker 3: Tyra Banks spoke, We're good. I actually prefer the term big dome bitches. This was coined by this creator who cracks me up online. Her name is Erica Priscilla on Instagram, and she talks about how she has a big dome. Just the language of that just cracks me up.
Speaker 5: The bigger the dome, the bigger the brain, the bigger the thoughts, the bigger the ideas, the bigger the dome, the bigger the beauty.
Speaker 4: I'm trying. It's such a great point, Julia.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think back to when I was dreams age. She was, She's seven, and I don't think that I had this level of perception of my own flaws. I remember growing up in like predominantly white spaces and being self conscious about my curly hair and wanting to have straight hair, but that came later. I just what's happening is this Is this like a new phenomenon because of social media. I just don't remember being this self conscious at seven years old.
Speaker 5: It's got to be social media. We were too busy playing outside, right, at least begging to go play outside, right.
Speaker 3: I was like playing Super Mario Brothers with my boy cousins, you know, so that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just hope these I hope these girlies get a childhood.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Up next, In a cover story interview with Time Magazine, Sabrina Carpenter opened up about how she's been vilified for incorporating her sexuality into her work. She likens it to the criticism that Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera experienced in the early two thousands. I just feel shocked that we're still having this conversation.
Speaker 5: Period right straight up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is Subri Carpenter even being that sexual. I don't know.
Speaker 3: She has kind of this like baby girl innocence thing going on, but it wasn't.
Speaker 4: It's not jarring to me.
Speaker 5: It's very flirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come up.
Speaker 2: I think part of it is that she started as kind of a Disney kid, you know, she was in the Boy Meets World reboot, and it to me is sort of this Miley Cyrus thing that like, when we see a woman a girl turn into a woman, we have an expectation about who she should be and how she should be and how she should look and how she should perform and is she a role model to young girls? And it's a lot of pressure and I'm not sure, actually, I am sure. We don't really do that with teen stars that are boys. It just feels like we're picking at a girl turning into like just trying to find herself. I mean, Britney Spears had that song I'm not a Girl, not yet a woman, and I think part of the reason it became a hit it was because we all were like, yeah, I know that period of time where you're like, I don't feel like this full mature woman yet, but like I am feeling differently.
Speaker 5: And by the way, can we talk about the fact that no one even mentions this when it comes to R and B stars and R and B guys that are walking around without a shirt on but with a leather jacket on, but then like doing all these moves. It's kind of like, as a pop star, there's this unspoken starter kit, just the same way that there's this unspoken starter kit that you expect to see from a male R and B star, so they don't get the same comments and you know, opinions. So to your point, Danielle, the fact that we're still talking about this feels super dated over it.
Speaker 3: I just I will never forget the kinds of questions that Britney Spears was asked in interviews when she was at her peak as a pop star. The treatment of her was so unfair, and I think that it was rooted in this obsession with our society's obsession with purity when it comes to women. And I think that things have gotten better and women are more liberated now, but I think there's still some of that that's like lingering around and it's like the cringe, Yeah, this is cringe.
Speaker 2: We have to hit pause on popping off with Julisa Bermudez, but we'll be right back. Stick with us, and we're back to popping off with Julisa Bermudez. Okay, guys, my jaw dropped when I saw this new Beyonce Levi's ad. I think the Internet's jaw dropped too. She's not just putting on her Levi's, she is taking them off on her this album Cowboy Carter, Beyonce has this song with Post Malone called Levi's Jeans, and I think everybody was waiting for this ad.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she did.
Speaker 2: This intentionally or what it was, but it was very smart because this commercial is called Reimagine and it promotes Denham through a woman focus lens. So classic denim advertising has often been very male think like Cowboys mechanics, but this week they put out the first chapter of this video called Launderette, and Beyonce throws her Levi pants into the washing machine at the laundromat, and then instead of laundry detergent, she adds diamonds, which is very beyance. I was so excited to see this for so many reasons, but I can tell you all are excited too, So please, Julie, So what did you think of this?
Speaker 5: That's exactly how I washed my genes, by the way I throw diamonds in them. Honestly, Beyonce, we need to have a chat because I don't ever remember Levi's jeans having any level of stretch to them. And I am a curvy girl too, you know, I'm Dominican. I got I got a little junk in the trunk as well. And I don't know what these genes, these Levis, because I don't think they're the five on ones. No, what is the style that she is rocking? Because let's let's be honest, Beyonce is bodied down and without stretching the dena.
Speaker 1: I need answers those Levis were fitting.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have that little butt gap when you have like a beautiful peach bottom and then the geens don't have any stretch.
Speaker 4: You have that like gap between the back and the genes.
Speaker 5: It's so annoying or it creates a flat back to the peach. Yeah, and that's not a good look, and that was not the case in this ad. So yeah, we need to we need to have a chat, Beyonce.
Speaker 2: So I have to tell you the reason that I loved this was Beyonce got snubbed by the CMAS this year. She made whole country album didn't get nominated, and we kind of think of country as the all American genre, right, Levi's the all American brand.
Speaker 1: I felt like there.
Speaker 2: Was some context and maybe some context clues here. I think Levi's was saying she is our all American girl, and I think they were like saying it without saying it.
Speaker 1: Which I loved.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good analysis.
Speaker 3: I don't think Beyonce does anything by accident or unintentionally. I think this has been in the works for like eight years, to be honest, eight years. Oh yeah, totally since she started. I'm sure she's been working on Cowboy Carter for like eight years. And as soon as she decided to do a song called Levi's Jeans, I'm sure Levi's was on the phone.
Speaker 2: There's CMO is this man named Kenny Mitchell, and he is one of the smartest cmos in the whole country. I feel like he, uh, he took a look at that song, he took a look at the snub, and he said, we're going to do something.
Speaker 5: How do you guys feel about her literally dropping her jeans in the ad.
Speaker 1: I was a little shocked, it was. I wasn't expecting her to do it.
Speaker 5: I wasn't ready.
Speaker 2: Also, Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City wears like men's underwear as her sleeping yeah, and I always thought it was so cute and I would go try it on and I was like, they don't look like that on me. And Beyonce did the same thing in this commercial, and I'm like, are they tailored?
Speaker 1: How is it happening because they don't look.
Speaker 4: Like that on me.
Speaker 5: Definitely Beyonce shimmy her way out of the jeans though, because that's another she did. Okay, because I'm like, isn't this the same woman that said you have to jump to put the jeans on?
Speaker 4: Y'all are asking too many questions, okay, just.
Speaker 5: Because I got them all some all.
Speaker 4: Except the TV magic and just zip it.
Speaker 5: We know, you guys, jeans without stretch or let you know exactly you know when they say true to size, We'll let you know exactly where you are on the true size scale. Okay, because I have a pair and I when I bust those things out, you already know what time it is. That means I've detoxed, I've drank my dream juices, I've had my smoothies.
Speaker 2: You can't really be putting your levies in the wash like you know how you can put them in the freezer and that washes your jeans. That's like a thing with my Leavi's. I have to put them in the freezer. If they go into the laundry, it's over for me.
Speaker 4: How often do you guys wash your jeans?
Speaker 5: Not often?
Speaker 2: Probably every three wears depends they get like, you know, they like move, you need them to fit you again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you are somewhere dusty, then you know, probably after that. But for the most part you have.
Speaker 1: The question is how often do you watch your sheets?
Speaker 4: AMoD? How often do I wash my sheets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the real question. That's what I ask men.
Speaker 4: Once a week some days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't say we all right.
Speaker 3: From Levi's to the fancy Los Angeles grocery minichain known as Arawon. Maybe you've heard about it, Maybe you've even tried the recent Airwan smoothie collabs with Haley Beeber called Strawberry Glaze or Kendle Jenners Peaches and Creams smoothie. Katie Perry recently released one called orangew Glad I Love You Now. The Upscale grocer is entering new smoothie territory, and this territory is completely uncharted.
Speaker 4: Folks.
Speaker 3: We're talking about deodorant and body care themed smoothies.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Airwan is collaborating with the skincare and deodorant brand Salt and Stone to offer an exclusive saltan serve smoothie that features a coconut cream soft serve based with an olive oil drizzle and flaky sea salts. I mean, no, cap it sounds really good. It's just Airwan will collab with anyone. I guess, like literally anyone. What's next?
Speaker 4: Tied Borax, Like what's next here?
Speaker 1: Julius Say is shaking her head. I feel the same way.
Speaker 2: I hate all of this.
Speaker 5: I have to be honest.
Speaker 2: I just a twenty dollars smoothie is just like it's mine going.
Speaker 1: It's so out of touch.
Speaker 3: I like, I won't pay for the Haley bieber one.
Speaker 1: I won't pay for any of them.
Speaker 2: I think the whole like the influencer world has gotten a choke hold on the world in a way that we need to.
Speaker 5: Wind it back. I agree, you do, yes, And why would I want to sip on a natural deodorant smoothie? That thing ain't working under my arms? You think I want to sip on that? No?
Speaker 3: No, thanks, No, if somebody buys it for me and I am with both of you, proletariat rise up.
Speaker 4: We have to put our foot down about this.
Speaker 3: You know how I knew the arawon trend was completely out of control when my friend from Florida came to LA and said she wanted to visit an. I was like, oh, no, We've infected the whole country with this. Now everyone's working, knows about it.
Speaker 4: It's working. I think we let's let's keep in mind that.
Speaker 3: Okay, not everyone is not all of our bright side bessies are you know, in LA or on the West coast?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: So I think it's important to share. Just like the cultural impact of Airwan. I guess so if you if you go to a strip mall in Los Angeles, people are actually hanging out at Arawan, which just blows my mind. This is Los Angeles, sweetie. Like we have beaches, we have mountains, we have hiking, we have beautiful parks, and you're hanging out at a grocery store.
Speaker 5: You can't even breathe without it costing you ten dollars minimum.
Speaker 3: I just think it's so crazy they made a Seriously, I also feel like that's where we should start.
Speaker 5: Well, you're married, simone, but we should start taking sugar daddies to Airwan, like forget Rodale drive baby, Where.
Speaker 3: Is arawan the new run club? Is this the new place to meet your man?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 5: Well, if he's up in there, he might be in a certain tax bracket, so if that's what you're looking for.
Speaker 3: Truly such one time I went to Arawon with my girlfriend and I had to bring my kids. We were just like I was with my kids that day. I have never been filled with so much anxiety than my kids running around in an Arawon, my two active boys and like ripping things off the shelves and like praying and hoping that they're not each like, you know, two hundred dollars bottles of caviar.
Speaker 4: I just don't bring your kids to an arrow On. You know that.
Speaker 2: I think that the name came from spelled backwards. It's nowhere and that's like the brand, but people made sweatsuits.
Speaker 1: It's become such a thing. It's so ridiculous.
Speaker 5: But you know, that's a trend right now, is why I read that. At least it was during the summer having merch from fancy hotels or beach bags that say, you know, sanchope or it's kind of like a status thing if you're wearing branded merch from really high end places.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm trying to think, like what high end place would I wear merch from?
Speaker 1: I don't know. The only thing I wear is like Jordan brand for seasons.
Speaker 5: But if you go and stay at a super you know, bucket list of a hotel and you get their hat or you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a big thing in the golf world, like you got to get like a shirt from a certain golf course.
Speaker 5: And it's like I golfed here.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like men who think about golf shirts. I think is the same as like women who carry a certain bag.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a status thing. Well, we went off the rails.
Speaker 4: How we ended up here? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well I'll be sipping my smoothie wearing a hat somewhere, I hope.
Speaker 1: With a sugar Daddy, I really hope that for you.
Speaker 3: I hope so too, Julisa, thanks for popping off with us.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me. I really do feel like a bestie.
Speaker 1: You are a bestie. Before you leave, what's your birthday wish for the year.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a good question. So this year instead of doing which by the way, I've done a birthday party celebration that's been planned for the past maybe five years in a row, and this year I didn't do anything planned, and I think my birthday wishes to go more with the flow, because that's what I did. I went with the flow of when everyone was asking me, all of my friends calling me up, what are we doing. I haven't received an invite all this stuff, I said, thank you so much for inquiring and checking on me. That's great. However, I decided to go with the flow this year, so they just invited me the things, and I flowed and showed up and it's been great.
Speaker 2: That So you're taking that theme into this year. Yeah, Julisa goes with the flow of Bermudez.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: Hopefully the flow takes minute or one more.
Speaker 1: Ju Lisa, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, Julisa Bermudez is a TV host, beauty and lifestyle influencer, and founder of Republica Skin. She's on Instagram and TikTok at official Julisa B.
Speaker 4: We've got to take a quick break. We'll be right back. We're back.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, so let's get ready for the weekend with a little What's in Your Cart presented by Walmart.
Speaker 4: Welcome to your Walmart.
Speaker 3: This is our weekly segment where we love to share a product that we are obsessed with right.
Speaker 2: Now, Simone. We had so much fun visiting New York this week. It's so great to be back home with you in la.
Speaker 3: I know, I think I'm still in New York in my mind because that city just makes me feel so alive.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what they say about New York. It's the city that doesn't sleep and they're not lying.
Speaker 4: And you're a sleepy girl, So how did that work out?
Speaker 1: I have to be honest.
Speaker 2: It was so nice to be back in my own bed, and I'm going to spend the weekend catching up on my sleep and bringing myself back to life. Speaking of, do you like a face mask? What a silly question to ask me Danielle, of course I do. I wore one on the plane back home. I scared everyone on the plane for sure, but it was worth it. And I'm going to be indulging in the original Derma Beauty twelve pack face masks all weekend. I got the Variety pack so I can get the perfect balance of moisture, collagen or exfoliation.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I love that combination. And at home spa weekend, sign me up. Okay, which mask are you gonna start with first? Danielle, Danielle, Oh, she's sleeping. Thank you to our partners at Walmart. That's it for today show on Monday. Actor, podcast host and former Beverly Hills nine O two one O star Jenny Garth is here with us. She's telling us how she navigated divorce, cope, parenting, and how she continues to choose herself throughout all of life's transitions.
Speaker 2: Listen and follow The bright Side on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Join the conversation using.
Speaker 2: Hashtag the bright Side, and connect with us on social media at Hello Sunshine on Instagram and at the bright Side.
Speaker 1: Pod on TikTok.
Speaker 2: The bright Side is a production of Hello Sunshine and iHeart Podcasts and is executive produced by Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 3: Production by Arcana Audio. Our producers are Jessica Wenk and Christa Ripple. Our senior producers are Janice Yamoka, It'zi kin Thania and Amy Padula.
Speaker 4: Our engineer is PJ. Shahamutt.
Speaker 2: Arcana's executive producers are Francis Harlowe and Abby Ruzika. Arcana's head of production is Matt Schiltz.
Speaker 3: Natalie Tulluck and Maureen Poe Hello are the executive producers for Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 2: Julia Weaver is the supervising producer, and Ali Perry is the executive producer for iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Tim Palazzola is our showrunner.
Speaker 3: This week's episodes were recorded by Josh Hook and Joel Morales. Our theme song is by Anna Stump and Hamilton Lighthouser.
Speaker 1: Special thanks to Connell Byrne and Will Pearson.
Speaker 4: I'm Simone Boyce.
Speaker 3: You can find me at Simone Boice on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 2: And I'm Danielle Robe on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 1: That's ro Ba y.
Speaker 3: We'll see you Monday y'all keep looking on the bright side.