Speaker 1: Hey, fam, Before we get back to the show, I have some major news to tell you. For over a year, I've been building a brand new app called Button Plus spelled bttn. So if you love our shows like Miles the Brave, Pixel Quest or Critter Protectors Parents, you're gonna need to download our Button plus app to get unlimited access to all of our Story Button and Mister Jim shows completely add free. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far. It's truly amazing to have you a part of our family. From all of us here at Story Button, we really couldn't continue to do this without you, so it would be really helpful to us if you went to the app store and searched for Button spelled bttn, gave it a download and a five star review, that would be awesome. Thank you, and now back to the show.
Speaker 2: After finding the old school recorder, we headed back to HQ thinking we had the upper hand. The defeat we felt when we saw those missing batteries was well like something you never want to feel. That kind of kicking yourself, guilt and regret isn't something I'd ever wish on anyone, But we just had to keep putting one foot in front of another. Yes, Von Smog tricked us big time, but we had something valuable to him, and we were about to add another important member to our team. A tight knit team isn't something you can steal, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Chin up, guys, nobody wins with the spirit of defeat. Now we have a huge job to do. That contaminated pond isn't going to clean itself. Marcus Gabe, Hello, anyone who might be able to help with all this, or maybe someone more.
Speaker 4: Qualified, someone interested in cleaning up dead fish.
Speaker 2: That's a hard one.
Speaker 5: Hmmm.
Speaker 6: My sister's definitely qualified, probably overqualified, but she's doing an internship right now and she's never home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't help us too much. Hey, Marcus, didn't you mention someone you did a research project with this last year? What's her name? Uh? Ali? I?
Speaker 4: Yes, I can't believe I didn't think of her first. Ali pretty much ran our science class last year, and let's just say she's much more qualified than most people even teaching science. She's the one we need for sure.
Speaker 3: Sounds like we found our person. Let's give her a call. Wait now, no better time than the president, Marcus.
Speaker 4: If you okay, just just give me a minute. I hope she remembers me.
Speaker 5: Dude, it's been like two weeks since you were in class together.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I guess you're right. Okay, no time like the present. At a boy here goes nothing.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hello? Is this is this Ali?
Speaker 7: Yeah? This is Alie.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is Marcus from school. From science class. We did a project last year.
Speaker 7: Marcus, I remember you. How's it going. How's your summer bend?
Speaker 4: Oh? Good? Staying really uh busy?
Speaker 2: I remember mister Luke looked at me in motion to get to the point already. I don't know what it was about talking to kids at school that got me all nervous. I guess it was the fact that I didn't feel like they knew I was good at anything or had anything to offer. But mister Luke definitely pushed me in that area, always making calls and chatting with whoever would lend an ear. He smiled and gave me an encourage thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Actually, I was calling you because well, I recently joined a team called the Critter Protectors. It's kind of a long story and we've had a difficult start to say the least, But I wondered if you might be interested in hearing us out and maybe well joining the team.
Speaker 7: Oh. I'm flattered that you think of me, but I'm not sure if i'd be a good fit.
Speaker 4: Alie. We both know you carried us through that project last year. You're basically this mornest one in the whole school, and we could really use some help right now.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess I could stop by tomorrow afternoon and hear you out.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 4: Our headquarters is over at s Biology Squad HQ.
Speaker 7: Awesome. I've actually always wanted to get an inside look at that place.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 4: How about you come around noon?
Speaker 7: Perfect?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Ali?
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: The next day, Ali stopped by and met us all. She loved the research that and the idea of making a real difference. Once Ali saw the place, it was as simple as that she officially joined the team. We didn't even know how much of an asset she'd actually be to us. After getting her all caught up on the O and D, the stinky pond, purple blimp spotting, and all of our suspicious findings, Ali wasted no time jumping into her role.
Speaker 5: All right, everyone, let's start by cleaning the pond. I've been dying to see this mess yikes, this is worse than I thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 5: Well, i'd say get a pond that going. We need to get this algae taken care of. Then we can add in some good bacteria.
Speaker 4: More bacteria.
Speaker 5: Yes, the good stuff will restore some balance and get things healthy again. Break down the sludge and get ourselves a clean pond.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I trust you.
Speaker 3: What's first?
Speaker 5: First we suit up and get these nasty dead fish out of here.
Speaker 4: I was afraid you were gonna say that. Okay, I'll go get the waiters.
Speaker 2: I'll let your imagination fill in the gaps with the rest of that job. And yes, we found another unfiltered deep in the sludge that confirmed what we already thought. Doctor Stinkybreath planted the other one at the marina. The only other thing I can remember about that job is bags and bags of fish guts to dispose of.
Speaker 1: Ugh.
Speaker 2: That smell stayed in my nose for days. Anyways, with us three handling cleanup, mister Luke spent most of his day barely looking up from his computer. He clicked and scrolled, clicked and scrolled, searching for anything and everything that would help us put the pieces together. About von Smogg, the O and D Doctor Stinky Breath, and their next move.
Speaker 3: Let's see something will show up if I search Eagle Eye metal logo. No, that's just a bunch of collectible coins. How about O and D Eagle projects. This just isn't getting me anywhere, mister Luke. Oh sorry, I didn't realize you guys were done already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, done for now. Marcus went straight home. Too many fish guts all over him to walk in here.
Speaker 3: Yikes. Well, I've been reading through articles for hours here without much to show for it. I was hoping i'd have made some connections by now. All this stuff, the recorder, the strange symbols. There just has to be something I'm missing.
Speaker 5: This unfilter in this metal.
Speaker 3: Thing, it's a stinger that kind of started this whole mess. Those prongs went straight into my tire. See that mark, This Eagle Eye keeps coming back. It seems some kind of logo or secret code name.
Speaker 5: Well, I like research, as you know. If you want, I could see if I can make any headway at home.
Speaker 3: That would be great. Ali, I'd really be in over my head without you guys.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll get a new system rigged for our traveling crewter enclosure, but there's nothing to keep them powered when we're out. I'm afraid those battery packs and chargers aren't the easiest things to replace.
Speaker 3: Wow, thanks Gabe Man again, I'd be lost without you. Guys.
Speaker 5: We're in this together, mister Luke, totally. I'll see you tomorrow. Guys.
Speaker 3: Bye, Alie, see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: When Ali made it home that night, she didn't waste any time. Her parents were used to her having projects to work on. She tried to always have something taking up her time. As soon as she finished dinner, Ali jumped on her computer. What most people didn't realize, including me, at that point, was that Ali used her brains and knack for science as a way to kind of cover up what she didn't really feel good at. Her sister, Sarah, was an amazing gymnast. Most weekends in her family were scheduled around meats and competitions. Ali's parents tried to convince her to do gymnastics too, but it just wasn't her thing. Staying busy meant less time to be pestered about being an athlete.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, to get to the bottom of the stuff once and for all, there has to be something out there that can give us some answers. This is fun and all, but I'm going on two hours of nothing. Wait is that a picture of doctor Stinkybreath and Victor von Smock.
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 5: Why are they shaking hands with that guy? And what is this article? Operation of Nature's Destruction makes Peace Treaty with Endangered Enterprise? Wait until I show the team.
Speaker 2: The next day, Ali came rushing into the critter queue and startled us all. She flung her bag on the closest chair and pulled out her laptop faster than you can say, critter.
Speaker 5: Everybody, look at this. I found something last night.
Speaker 4: Check this out.
Speaker 5: No way, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Doctor Stinky Breath and Victor von Schmock. What kind of treaty? Is this? An endangered enterprise?
Speaker 4: Mister Luke, haven't we heard of endangered enterprise before?
Speaker 3: The message on my computer? Marcus, You're right. Listen, guys, all the pieces are starting to come together.
Speaker 5: The structure it's taken. So now the question is do we have three villains or do we have an ally? This endangered enterprise?
Speaker 3: Great question. I guess that's another thing we need to figure out.