Speaker 1: Hey, you found us.
Speaker 2: It's working Jeffrey in the morning and our Second Date podcast. Not like is that hard to find these days since we're charting on the top comedy charts every week on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, welcome. Yeah, I go to beout it every night and I just stream it on five thousand different laptops.
Speaker 1: You're the one that's.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, guys, but I'm tired of those ratings.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, thanks for being Aaron. Don't forget.
Speaker 2: We do have forty five more minutes of this painful show if you can endure it over on our main feed. Just go to Brook and Jeffrey for that one. But right now, let's get to what you came forward. That's a second date.
Speaker 3: Yes, Second Date up dated. Just doing this segment, we hear from couples who meet in all sorts of strange new ways. Yeah, for sure, but this one is going to be particularly terrifying for one person in this room.
Speaker 2: Oh always thinks he's the one that's going to be scared.
Speaker 3: Jose's fears are right today because, apparently, according to this email, they met while doing one of Jose's absolute worst fears physical exercise.
Speaker 1: They're gonna say, like a roller coaster Jazz Jose.
Speaker 3: Let's try to keep the whimpers and begging from mommies to a minimum, Marris. We talked to a guy named Vaughn about his first date. Vaughn, Welcome to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: How you doing doing good? How about you doing good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean what is this? You met a girl at the gym? Is that what he's getting to?
Speaker 4: No, I participated in a run club. I don't know if you've ever done one of those before?
Speaker 1: Wow club? Should I be concerned?
Speaker 3: The club I could think of YACA would be like video game club where you sit and don't move.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actual is this like a like an exercising club or a dating type of club?
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a mix of both. It's like, if you're single, you wear black or something dark.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: If you have a girlfriend her boyfriend, you wear a color.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brooke, what does your husband wear to his run club?
Speaker 2: Well, he's going to be wearing an orange reflective vesta after this report.
Speaker 3: He wears a bunch of apples. Yeah, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many people are in this club?
Speaker 4: There been at least one hundred people.
Speaker 3: There's a part this is like a okay, cool.
Speaker 4: It's a crazy thing because there's a lot of hot chicks. There had been at least like and.
Speaker 3: There's actually like the people who exercise can be good looking at they just made there. Still not going to join a run play. How did it go?
Speaker 4: Well? Pretty good? That's how I met test Test Okay, okay, Yeah, she had really nice cash.
Speaker 1: She's like I'd like to think stairs, That's what I'd like to think.
Speaker 3: Well, the fact that you didn't get maced, right, there is a win in my book.
Speaker 1: So, oh god, I think it's such a good.
Speaker 2: Couple of it.
Speaker 3: You were able to like get to no test a little.
Speaker 4: Bit there, I did, and I got to see a good deal. I got a number.
Speaker 3: So you also have a different definition of sealing the deal with a girl. A lot of differences here, but good. I'm glad you got her phone number.
Speaker 5: Deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of many deals I think you did.
Speaker 1: You were you able to turn it into a date?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We met up a few days later at a bar and I had a great time.
Speaker 1: You did tell us about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give us the highlights.
Speaker 4: All right. So I'm been watching my die lately. So I compiled this note card card. I told her this is how many calories that we.
Speaker 5: Burned on our run, and now we had to gain it back on the menu.
Speaker 2: Smart No, no, no, don't talk about calories ever with a woman.
Speaker 1: I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I think he's just trying to be like fun in cree aative and playful. Withstanding, we need to count calories together.
Speaker 1: That's how it comes off. Though it doesn't matter what his intention was. He's using a note card, like don't you have like an your phone.
Speaker 3: How did test react to the note card move?
Speaker 4: She loved it, but uh, whoa in your face?
Speaker 1: She's not calling you back, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that counts as a w. So you guys ordered a bunch of food together, right, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then she guiltily ate it all. Yeah, what what happened next?
Speaker 4: Well, we just kind of hung out and grabbed some drinks and had a good time. And the place that we were at had some really cool tall shelves.
Speaker 2: Tall shelves like that you would put books on or something.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, Yeah, yeah, it looked like he put books on, but they had a bunch of bugs on it.
Speaker 3: Mugs, a bunch of Steins or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it kind of like Stein's. And so these drunk dudes are by there there. I don't know why they were standing by there, but they're kind of hanging out and stumbling.
Speaker 5: Around there, and they actually bumped one of the shelves that was holding this really expensive looking one. It was about to come down, and I saw that testas right underneath it, and I made a quick movement just pulled her out of the way. She got a little.
Speaker 4: Upset, but then crashed right behind her with the mug.
Speaker 3: Wow, saved her life. That's the universe, dude. You were put in a situation to protect her and you did, bros a good job. Was she grateful or was she upset by that?
Speaker 4: Oh? After she saw what crash behind her, then she realized, yeah, that would have been her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's kind of wild. You must be thinking I'm getting a kiss for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, you nailed it. It was like one of those tiff moments. It was, and she gave me one right on the cheek.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a hero kiss. I'll just make out first date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cute.
Speaker 1: I mean it means that she's like somewhat attracted to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's the kiss that my mom gave me when I graduated fifth grade.
Speaker 2: Still stay true.
Speaker 3: Romantically. I don't want to look too much into it. But so, how long has it been since your bar date happened?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, that was like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've had a couple of run clubs in there too, and you haven't seen her or heard from her at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I went to one and I didn't see her at the last one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I gave her a couple of messages. She hasn't replied back.
Speaker 1: I was kind of did you see under another nutrients t table?
Speaker 3: Is it possible that she didn't want to burn off all those calories that you gained together that night. Yeah, she wanted to hold on to them as a memory of your guys time together. Sorry, no more physical activity.
Speaker 5: Hold these.
Speaker 1: It's going to be my new excuse for.
Speaker 3: I remember, let's come back. We're gonna give Tess a call for you and try and get you your second date update right after this second date update. It is rare on a first date where you get an opportunity to look like a real superhero. But our listener, Vaughn swooped in to save the day. When a falling beer mug was careening straight towards the head of his dates, and before it struck her, Vaughan reached out with his powerful arms and pulls her to safety as the mug shattered in the exact spot where she was standing. Wow, I mean that should automatically earn him five more dates.
Speaker 4: Five.
Speaker 3: That's a sup that's the superhero fee. That's why Superman always has dates. Yes, that's why he saves Loislane constantly.
Speaker 1: Jo he's expecting something to return this whole time. Yeah, typical, but he's exhausting.
Speaker 3: It's true, but Vaughn hasn't even been able to score one more date with tests, which is why he's reached out to us for help. But Vaughn, how did it feel to know that you had your Superman moments?
Speaker 4: Oh? I felt like the man of the restaurant. I was that guy.
Speaker 1: Did people applaud you?
Speaker 2: Were they asking for your autograph and shaking your hand as he walked out of the bar.
Speaker 4: No, you'd be surprised, but there weren't many people watching.
Speaker 3: Focus on the.
Speaker 1: Drunk guys, don't.
Speaker 3: The next You just have to work on your laser eye vision and you're gonna be set, dude. So let's call test for you right here and try and get you your second date updre You ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right now?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hey is this test?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry test to bother you?
Speaker 6: Who is this?
Speaker 3: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're really really excited to talk to you about a date that you went on not too long ago. It's with a guy named Vaughan that you met it run club.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I can't tell that. It's a good laugh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, pretty neutral. But here's the cool thing you got. We know that you got to spend some one on one time with him at a fun bar that had cool shelves in it. We've heard, uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it was a it was fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well laughing still, is it a nervous Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you heard this segment before where we call people or no?
Speaker 6: Actually, but uh yeah, we went.
Speaker 3: To this bar and yeah, we we know. We heard the story from Vaughan. We talked to him about it because he had a great time and he's been wanting to see you again and the reason he reached out to us is to try and figure out if there's a reason why you haven't met up again.
Speaker 6: Oh great, okay, well if you heard the story then you probably do. You know the part where like the mug fell off the shelf.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that was Like that was a pretty cool moment for him.
Speaker 2: I mean, not for you because you almost got hit by a mug, but pretty amazing that he saves you from it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: I thought it was so weird. It was just so extra. There was no need to do that.
Speaker 4: He like what.
Speaker 6: It was, just like the whole place was covered in mugs, like on the shelves. He swooped in like in this weird split second to like save me from this mug, and like I was like, ew, Like why.
Speaker 3: Wait he was stopping it from hitting you on the head.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I feel like I would have seen it like before it did. Like he didn't need to go out of his way to be the savior you are.
Speaker 2: But I thought he said, you didn't see it till after it crashed right where you had been sitting.
Speaker 6: I mean, it wasn't like that high up. It wouldn't have like killed me or anything. It was just it was so extra and we had just gone out. I was we were there like max an hour at that point, Like we hadn't spent any time together alone before that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if the time limit had what she.
Speaker 1: Needs to know her superheroes before they step in. You know, Listen, Batman, I don't know you yet. Tell me a little bit about.
Speaker 6: I've had friends stop talking to Ice who are like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna stand on this side of the road, like went around a walk because it's safer for you there, like and then you turned off by that. Your friends like why is that okay?
Speaker 3: So you you were saying you would have preferred that he stood back and just let you figure out if a mug was about to hit you or not and deal with it on your own.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just seemed like he was just like obsessed with me. So I just I have this like major after that point, well, I mean, he says.
Speaker 3: On a date with you, so he is probably paying attention. I don't obsessive, Major.
Speaker 5: Find so funny.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to get the feeling that he's like obsessed with you, always watching and trying to protect.
Speaker 1: You or anything.
Speaker 3: At a certain point, I have to let you know that he is actually listening in on the conversation. I'm not in like a weird way. He just wanted to hear the reasoning.
Speaker 1: Unless he was smart enough to hang up already.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't care, bro, hang up right now?
Speaker 3: Are you there?
Speaker 5: Vaughn?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you just say alexis Yeah, because of how it's going to.
Speaker 3: Let's let him talk and maybe they can work something out. Go ahead, you to.
Speaker 4: What am I gonna do? Just let a heavy glass bugs fall on your head and potentially give me acussion.
Speaker 6: I need to be very clear about like me as a person. I don't need you to step in for me ever, and you doing that literally like an hour into our date was very weird. Im just like I can do things myself. I'm not an idiot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. As a man, I naturally have to be in the physician to save people. And whether if you're a stranger or somebody i've met for an hour, that.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: So if you two were like walking across the street together and there was a car coming at you, Tess, you want him to step back and just let nature take its course.
Speaker 6: I think that I am not dumb enough to step out of the way of a moving car.
Speaker 2: I think what she's saying is that she doesn't want to be treated like a damsel in distress, Like.
Speaker 1: She wants to be treated like she can handle her own emergencies.
Speaker 2: Okay, whether it's a car pummeling towards her or a mug following from her shelf, let the girl do her.
Speaker 4: So if that scenario plays that a second time, you don't want me to give your heads up, like, hey.
Speaker 3: Look out, is that too aggressive?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 6: That probably would have been less gross than you weeping in gross and like, it would depends what your tone was too, Like if you were telling me like I'm a child that can't fend for myself in the world, yeah, I'd probably be offended. But if you're telling me in a nice way, like oh, heads up, like I'm a normal kind of human.
Speaker 3: Like pardon man, I think.
Speaker 2: I actually I actually see what she's saying, because you're in public at a bar yelling it too.
Speaker 6: I was starting to get the ick from him to say.
Speaker 2: When I'm driving with my husband and he acts like I don't see the other cars on the road, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, yeah, literally I know their tourneys.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not an idiot. Okay, that's a good example. Well, I think, if anything, Vaughn has definitely learned his lesson to not help you or look after you in any way. Watch out. No, you can't say watch out. He has to be like, excuse me, but perhaps take a look at.
Speaker 1: Her surrounding watch out, just in a cool tone.
Speaker 3: Von, you're capable of doing that, right, I'm just really confused right now? Perfect, that's exactly where she wants you to do. So with that said, we would like to offer to send you guys out on another date, and we would I don't want to like be too aggressive and offering to pay for it or anything. So we just want to facilitate a meetup of some sort. Test if you're open to that.
Speaker 6: I mean, like I feel like I would. But the fact that you're still really confused is not like I'm not understanding why you're so confused, because I you why, brother?
Speaker 3: You may want to try to mean right now, I think that's your last option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have anything else to say to her?
Speaker 4: Listen, tests, I'll put it in words that you can understand.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, I think anything that he says condescending.
Speaker 1: A little condescending.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you want to say?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: Regrets, something that you're going to say in the room like I did.
Speaker 4: I told you?
Speaker 1: What did you want to say?
Speaker 4: New phone? Who is? Uh? No?
Speaker 5: Day? I'm good?
Speaker 3: Probably better she's going to say no anyway. It sounds like Bond just got hit in the head by Better Next time.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.