Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's just you. I am all in again with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am in podcast one eleven productions. iHeartRadio Media. iHeart podcasts. We are gonna discuss season two episode to Hammerton Vales with the one and only Stossy Schroeder from the Bravo Universe vander Pump Rules, Fame Let's rock and Roll, Stossy.
Speaker 2: Let's rock and Roll. Scott, I just want to call you Luke the whole time. That's so annoying, so annoying. No no, no, okay, great, great, this is huge for me right now. Okay, I am very excited about this.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I am too. I am too. I read your bio. It's quite impressive. You're doing all kinds of great things.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: My guest is Stossy Schroeder and she is quite a glittering star.
Speaker 2: Oh, a glittering star.
Speaker 1: From Bravos vander Pump Rules. She's top performer nine years. Yeah, she's got a podcast to live show Trend where they're sold out straight up and with Stasi Tour, which is really amazing. I mean, how fun is that just now, it's so much fun.
Speaker 2: Like being able to travel and do live shows is like it's the actual best.
Speaker 1: If you know anything about podcasting, that's a big deal. You've got to be a top podcaster, top personality to go on tour because are expensive and they're.
Speaker 2: Hard people, you know, and then people need to get babysitters and then ubers to get there there. It's you know, it's a production to go to a live show. But I've been podcasting for ten years.
Speaker 1: Really that long?
Speaker 2: Yea a really long time.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you give me a few tips. I'm only this is only my fourth year before.
Speaker 2: You're a veteran now, Okay, you're a veteran now.
Speaker 1: So she's returning to reality TV with a new Hulu docu series, Dacy says, and will appearance season to Evander pum Villa. She lives in Ally with her husband Bo Clark, and her two kids. This is great, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you you are making my morning. I love an excuse to watch rewatch Gilmore Girls, so like it was a treat to just rewatch this episode. And I am fangirling so hard right now. Thank you for having me, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So you may have appeared in the series, but you know stars hollow like you said, oh yeah, And before we jump in, I got to ask, Okay, when did you first become a Gilmore Girl fan? Who or what pulled you in?
Speaker 2: I was late to it, so I didn't watch it growing up. I didn't watch it, you know when I was in high school, which is like everyone my age watched it in high school. And then throughout my twenties and my early thirties, I mean I'm thirty six, everyone said, you would love this show, Gilmore Girls. You would love it, you would love it. This is so you, this is so up your alley. And then when I was pregnant with my seconds. This was two years ago. I was pregnant with my second child, my son, I decided like, okay, well, I'm gonna have to commit to a show postpartum, because you know when you have a baby, then you kind of have like a month or two to just like relax and nest. And I'm like, what is that show going to be? And I chose Gilmore Girls. And when I tell you, it didn't take It didn't take me two months. It took me two seconds. And my daughter watched it with me. My husband would come in and watch it with me, and so I became obsessed, like a couple years ago. So I'm new, but I know all the things.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know all the things.
Speaker 2: I know all the things all.
Speaker 1: Right, Hammers and veils. Here's a little synopsis. Laurla I tries to decide what veil length she would like to wear for her wedding to Max while Rory starts the summer session at Chilton and volunteers to build houses for the needy. Meanwhile, Dean is feeling left out of Rory's life when she starts planning a slew of extracurricular activities. And might I add that Luke is feeling a little butt hurt here?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you about that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: As an actor who was playing Luke, I mean you are Luke to me? Like, did you guys know when you started filming that your love story was gonna be like the one throughout every season? Or were you just surprised every like did you know that you were supposed to be It's clear to the audience, like you have a thing for Loralai and Lorela is a thing for you, right, but it takes so long for you guys to get together that I'm like, was he I look back at that episode, I'm like, was he butt hurt because he's not with Loralai? Or is there's like something else going on? Because it took y'all so long.
Speaker 1: But I think that's the magic of this, of that storyline, is that it did take so long. Yeah, because you don't see that. You don't see that anymore. You don't see it at all.
Speaker 2: No, you really don't. And the build up is so satisfying ones, yes, yeah, yes, And.
Speaker 1: So in fact, we're discussing this just recently about how special that relationship is and how long it took to develop and how lucky I feel being a part of that, you know, and being able to inhabit that character that long. But I mean we knew, I mean, my team and I knew from the beginning because I was cast as a guest star in the pilot. I wasn't even a series regular, and it was a kind of a heat check with Lauren. So when I went up to Toronto and you know, they'd all read the script just like I did, and they said, well, the diner appears the very first scene. It is the very last scene. So this is a thing, you know, so they want to make this work and build this over this over the seasons. It's a successful show. So we kind of knew that that was like the relationship. And as the years went on, the first couple of years, the fans were so enamored of that relationship. We kind of knew that anything can happen in television. Anybody can get sort of like pushed aside, and you know, we felt pretty good about it lasting well.
Speaker 2: Because y'all's chemistry was off the charts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good. That's pretty good. Directed by the great Michael Cattleman and written by the great Amy Sherman Palladino. We're going to talk about storyline, So let's talk about the Paris and Rory stuff. Okay, as much as Paris wants to avoid Rory, she keeps Clock and Rory throughout the episode. Your initial thoughts on the Paris and Rory storyline overall and this episode particular.
Speaker 2: Well, overall, I love it, like I love I love when there's like a mean girl with heart. I don't know, like the evolution of that of seeing that like someone's just like not so one dimensional and that there's like pain underneath there, and there's reasons why she's doing the things that she's doing and the pressure that she's under, and that she's actually just really insecure at Paris is just really insecure, and so she's taking all of her insecurities out on Rory, even though she's drawn to Rory and you could tell she wants to be friends with Rory, so like, I'm a big fan of that friendship. Over the course of every single season, I mean, in this episode you can see her kind of soften a bit in moments, you know, I just, yeah, I really like Paris.
Speaker 1: Did you find it odd that Paris told her gave her all of that information about extracurriculars and how Harvard views extracurriculars and that she's like, if she's enemies with her, why is she telling you this stuff?
Speaker 2: Right? But that's what makes this show so interesting is because it's like not obvious, right, you know, it makes you think and it's so so it's like, oh, Okay, there's something there with Paris where like she want you see that bit of heart in her where she's like, I want to be close to Rory in some way, you know, Right now, like if I don't like someone, I'm not doing that, I'm not helping them out.
Speaker 1: So maybe it was Paris felt she was so far ahead of the game and Rory was so far behind the game in terms of extracurriculars. She was just rubbing it in her face, like it's too late for you. You're not getting in Harvard. This is why I've been doing this since I was four years old, volunteering in Boom boom, boom boom, and look at you. You're you know you're gonna graduate in a couple years. You've got nothing. So I'm going to Harvard. You're not Boom, there you go. So she felt secured imparting the information.
Speaker 2: For sure. I also feel like that was her like unloading, Like that was her getting out like everything that she's been stressed about and having to deal with her whole life and like do more, do more, accomplish more, it's never enough. It like almost felt like it was like a little therapy session for her. She just like wants to purge and she wants someone to connect with her and she wants someone to listen. But at the same time, because she's so like frustrated with how her life is she has to just like make Rory feel like shit also.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, and it's like Paris is not the type of person that really cares about any of these people. She's just doing it because she has to do it. Yeah, and now Rory's put in the same position she's She had that one line that did not age well. By the way, very few things in this show don't age well. There's not a lot. There's some stuff, right, but it's I don't know it was. It was a line, right, and so like these people don't care, they don't mean, you know, it's like their heart's not in. They're just doing it to get into harm.
Speaker 2: I know, yes, are.
Speaker 1: You a little surprised? Whore? I didn't know that to begin with, about the extra currimulars.
Speaker 2: You know, one would think, you know, because when I was growing up, we knew the drill. You can't just make good grades.
Speaker 1: No, everybody knew it.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta be doing I knew it.
Speaker 1: In junior high school. I know it in high school. You know. It's like, yeah, that's common knowledge.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. So you know, I hadn't thought about that when I was watching the episode. But you're right, like she should have known that, But also who who was going to teach her? I don't know her mom wasn't going to Laurelize not isn't helpful in that department. But like, you know, you kind of just in your own school. You grow up just hearing conversations from other kids. You just you know, to do the most.
Speaker 1: Even from Richard and Emily, especially Richard.
Speaker 2: You went to Yale, right, but like how close were they up until first episode?
Speaker 1: Extra curriculars extracurricularus. So now she's building homes. One of the the funniest moments of the whole episode for me, I'll tell you, was the bejeweled hammer and then I want iff yeger Biff Jeger takes it. He looks at it, he's holding it and he's just staring at it. Says, yeah, my mom dressed it all up. He goes, yeah, yeah, she dressed it all up. All right. She's just at like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but where can we get one of those hammers?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, that's the way to get me to hang things in my house. You know, I'll stop paying People are asking my husband if I have a bedazzled hammer.
Speaker 1: You know what that's that's a good idea. I think I'm going to bring this up with consumer products at Warner Bus. Make a mini one, not a big one, like like a mini that's not bad, But damn you no, it's not. You think that would sell? You think fans would love a mini bejeweled pink hammer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially put it on a keychain? Are you joking?
Speaker 1: Would be good, wouldn't it? It would be really good. It does kind of represent Laurela. I mean it's like all the fluff and the.
Speaker 2: Fun and it's a hammer.
Speaker 1: Got mess with her here?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Lorelai wasn't inanimate object, definitely the bedazzled hammer.
Speaker 1: So true. All right, So now we had the little confrontation between Paris and Rory. It's hurt. It's Paris a spot. She's been working on that spot. Get out of here.
Speaker 2: What can I just say? Is that how people go and build houses?
Speaker 1: Because I've done that.
Speaker 2: So how did you know what to do if I showed up to go home, build house? Where do you put the nail?
Speaker 1: Well? They show you. And Plus I worked on construction sites when I was growing up, So my stepfather was a contractor, so my summer jobs would be, you know, basically cleaning out giant areas of sheet rock that was all broken up and it took forever. But sometimes hammering stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't trust me to build a house like that if I found out my house was made by people like Rory.
Speaker 1: No, it's a social scene because when I did it, when I did Habitat for Humanity, the first time I met both Derek, Oh, we were hammering next to each other.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you guys are mingling, you know, work in the room.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we were mingling so much, but you know, she was next.
Speaker 2: To me CNBCNE while making a house exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, so she's balancing school. Rory's balancing school, community service college apps. Let me ask you, Stussy, Were you a Rory at Paris? Maybe Lane in high school? Who are you?
Speaker 2: Oh? I kind of think I was more like Lane actually really really yeah, I kind of kept I had my inners. Just I wasn't like a girl with like a shit ton of friends. I didn't really like go to parties that much. I just I made good grades. I had my group of like five core friends. I was like president of the drama club and like that. Those were all my extracurricular activities and I kind of kept to myself, so I wasn't so obsessed the way that Rory is. You know, I wasn't like a brainiac, and like I definitely wasn't like Paris like all on top of her shit like that. And I actually like didn't bully people, So there is that. I feel like I was more like a lane.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, let's talk about this storyline Rory summer plans and Deans insecurities.
Speaker 2: Deans such a little weasel.
Speaker 1: It's an he gets really triggered fast.
Speaker 2: I know. He's just like, he's such a little weasel. And it's hard for me to talk about this episode just specifically without the rest of the seasons clouding my judgment. I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try real hard.
Speaker 1: Opine away, don't don't restrain yourself.
Speaker 2: It's just like, I know, ever see any good moments from Dean. I'm never like that there nice night, Yeah right, No, Dean is just kind of like naggy.
Speaker 1: He's not exactly supportive, is he not at all? He doesn't really understand and he kind of just.
Speaker 2: Like gaslights a little bit and then he just you know, he throws a hissy fit, and then they don't talk for a while, and then he's like, oh, I'm sorry, and I'm like, that's exhausting. That's exhausting.
Speaker 1: It is, it is exhausting. He even like kind of raises his voice to her. Donny gets a little aggressive throughout the show. Yes, and this guy's six. She sees six 'y four. You imagine being shrieked at by six y four when you're like, I mean, you know, Alexis said, was she five five five six five seven?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but good point. Tall dudes, listen up, No shouting at us.
Speaker 1: Stop shouting at people. Tall dudes. Later, at Lorelized engagement party, Dean apologizes, you know, he just sort of shows up there.
Speaker 2: He is, you know, which that would annoy me because right, okay, you have this giant party and like part of parties are looking forward to the party, like you know, everything leading up to the party. That's half of the whole point of the party. So you're telling me that she was she had to spend that whole entire time not knowing if he was going to come, so she didn't get to enjoy the lead up to the party because she's like, I don't know if my boyfriend, my weasel boyfriend, is going to show up or not. And then just midway he Waltz is in making it about him. Can't even be on time right right?
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, it's a tough one for Dean. Have you ever felt threatened by someone's future? You ever been in Rory's or Dean?
Speaker 2: No, I think everyone's always just been threatened by my future.
Speaker 1: That was my next question, Who has been? Has anyone ever felt threatened by your future?
Speaker 2: I've been in relationships where dudes were threatened to by my future, So yeah, I feel that I feel Rory, were.
Speaker 1: You this motivated by school? Did you want to get to a certain college when you were in high school?
Speaker 2: I knew I just wanted to go to college in LA because I'm from New Orleans originally, and so I wanted to go to USC or Loyola Marymount. It didn't have to be like a Harvard school. I just knew where I wanted to be, and I knew I loved school and that it was important to me. So but I'm also the type of person where I do just like the amount that I'm required to do so that I know I'll get what I want. Like, I'm not going way above and beyond, Like I can see the line of like I know how to get into this school and this is ABCD. I'm not going to do more than that. I'm not going to do more than that. I'm going to do exactly what I need to do and then enjoy my life.
Speaker 1: Hmm, all right, Okay, laurelized engagement in Emily's response, Okay, if we're gonna talk about this storyline, she finally Laurel I does accept Max's proposal. However, she doesn't told her mother yes. So what a great setup at that dinner, that Friday night dinner was the perfect set up. Talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, house goals, I need to say that, like that Emily Gilmore's house Richard, that needs to go on my vision board in terms of just like you know, home decor. Emily's my favorite character. Okay, So, like this was this scene hurt. Thank god for the end of this episode, okay, where we find out why, but this was so cruel in the moment and for like the viewers to not understand why Emily would be so dismissive of Laura. I it was just like it was shocking. It was like, that's like parent, that's like a child abuse and it just kind of like hits home where you know, when you become an adult, your relationship with your parents change and you see their flaws and they're not like the perfect person that you thought they were. It kind of just it makes you think about your own parents. But yeah, that scenes, really that's a hard watch scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, funny they managed if Lauren managed to find the humor in it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean I did. I guess when her and Rory are walking away like walking through stars hollow afterwards, because Laura always uses humor, you know, to cope, which, like I get it, relate, definitely relate, But in the moment, I don't remember any humor. It was just more like, holy shit, how could she say this? How could Emily say this to her? Maybe we'll be there. If not, we'll send a gift.
Speaker 1: That's cold, man, it's so cold. Yeah. Well, I mean, you know, she and get told.
Speaker 2: We find that out in the end, though, So I had what people like me have to watch thirty more minutes of television before we find out why it felt like why Emily?
Speaker 1: That was in the previous episode.
Speaker 2: No, we find out in the end I did the rewatch yesterday.
Speaker 1: No. No, But in the previous episode we see that Suki makes the phone call to Emily from the kitchen and says, how do you want to do this engagement party? And she didn't let Emily didn't let on that she didn't know.
Speaker 2: She just I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Listen, right, And she listened and said, well, I'll let me think about it and I'll get back to you, and she hoped the phone. Devastated.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that. Yeah, Oh that changes everything. That would have you know, it would have been I should have just also rewatched the previous episode because it would have made my life, no selfishly, because I was just like heartbroken watching it again yesterday, and that would have eased my pain a little bit to like know her motivation and freason, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right, So there's yeah, So there's that. And I loved the scene with Richard and Rory me too make a nice yeah, and he was so happy, No, it was so terrified that he'd ruined that relationship. Yeah, it was quite quite a couple of scenes. So you're married in a mother Stacey, I.
Speaker 2: Am, and you know what, I married a luke. We joke about this all the time because my husband loves a flannel shirt and he wears a blue Rams baseball cap almost every single day. I'm just like, and he's like, can be kind of curmudgeony. You know, he's the nicest, best human being in the world, but like, you know, he's got that curmudgeony like vibe to him sometimes, maybe because we have kids. So I'm like, you are luke, I married a luke.
Speaker 1: They're out there. There's a lot of them out there, you know, you just got to find them, all right. So do you think do you think that either Emily or Laurela handle this situation poorly or do you understand their perspectives because I don't know. I kind of understand where both of them are coming from, and that's kind of the beauty of the writing. Yeah, I mean, I mean they both had their reasons to be bent, right for sure.
Speaker 2: I just kind of prefer in life a more direct approach to solving problems instead of just like you know, Okay, So since Emily knew and we found out that Emily knew about it, Like it's got it's such a passive aggressive girl move to just be like maybe we'll be in town where it's like, this is your daughter. This isn't the moment for passive aggression. This isn't the moment till just like this isn't this isn't about you. This is also her wedding, right, this is about Laura. I. You know, sometimes the parent needs to be recognized that they're the parent. And even if your kid's grown and they're an adult now, they're still the child.
Speaker 1: But I think this episode is about insecurities. Everybody's displaying their insecurities in a way that we've seen before. But collectively, it's like every single character is vulnerable and insecure. Look, yeah, Max, Laura, La Richard, everybody's insecure. Everybody.
Speaker 2: You should rename this, Rename this episode the warmer. Security needs to be in it.
Speaker 1: Hammerson vails the reckoning. Yeah, so who would use dosy expect to take the high road in this situation. You would expect it would be emily right.
Speaker 2: Correct, But it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was actually surprised by Laura. I I was surprised by Loralai coming then and asking for Emily's advice, you know, her veil like that and extending that olive branch, and that was surprising because like Laurai doesn't always make the best decisions. That was a good one.
Speaker 1: But what a great scene between those two, right.
Speaker 2: Also where a Tiara more people need to get married and Tiara's I said it.
Speaker 1: Your head's too big for a veil. I wore Tiara. That was a devastating line, right, I wore it to you. It'd be like me, let's have it. That's her pleading with her to connect. Yes, yeah, you know the writing is so good.
Speaker 2: It really is so good. Did you guys have people with posters off like the side of the No, you guys memorized all of it. But it's so much dialogue and it's so fast. That's so impressive. Could never be me.
Speaker 1: You could do it if it's a muscle, right, it's just a muscle that you develop. Yeah, if you've had any kind of real training, then you've done the classics, You've done big chunks of dialogue before you know, and you know how to kind of memorize stuff. And look, if the writing's really great, it's not that hard to memorize stuff because there's this sort of emotional logic to it and you learn that through your training and you know, theater experience and all that stuff. But yeah, this is why this was such, this is such a beautiful show. It's because that stuff it flows. So yeah, you know, as Lauren says, it's like music. It's just music.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's got a rhythm. It's a music, and the only way it works is if you really nail it. And it's just I'm not going to say it was easy to memorize at all, but it wasn't that hard because it if it's bad writing, that's impossible to memorize. That's when you're blowing lines all the time because it's like your brain doesn't hook into the to the dialogue because it's like and that's when people start like calling writers producers singless. And I was thinking, maybe it'd be better if we if I said this or said it this way, or you know whatever, right, because you know, they're just trying to impose some logic on it emotionally speaking. But nobody ever had an issue with this writing. That's so cool. Yeah, it is, It's really cool. Yeah, otherwise nobody could have memorized a paragraph it was if it was if it was jumbled and lousy writing and it didn't make any sense. What do you think about the scene? First of all, what do you think about that engagement party on the whole.
Speaker 2: It's pretty spectacular, I mean, incredibly unrealistic. Show me a town where everyone's happy for one person, but follow like yeah, no, I know, yeah, but like so unrealistic. Who's paying for all of this? There were like crystals in the trees like that, it looked pricey, lovely but expensive, you know, everyone coming together to make it happen. Like the two chairs that they sat in, is that like a tradition somewhere that I was unaware of that they had to like sit in these two chairs with their gifts and open gifts. Pretty spectacular though, yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was really something. Then Lurlai uh and and even Max showing his insecurities going off to Toronto to teach for the summer two months, Why don't you come?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And he's like, is it you know? And we're setting it up for those two months because I'm now I know. In the next episodes, it's good back it's gonna be gone. Luke's going to be you know. Yeah, I mean, let me fix your porch, so good your toaster? Yeah, and she goes she goes to the diner. What do you think of that scene? She goes to the diner.
Speaker 2: That was kind of crazy because if I'm at my engagement party and my husband or my future husband is like my fiance, it's like, you know, excuse me for a second, and leaves these two giant thrones to go into the diner and to the girl who's there, and she's like, you know what, I think it would mean a lot for you to be there when like there is like that sexual tension, there's that chemistry, rude beyond shady. But like lor liaes shady, Yeah, Lorlai is shady.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: A lot of these people are shady. A lot of these characters are shady.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, So you thought it was it was a shady terms of in terms of character, like a loving woman who was in love with her fiance would never have would.
Speaker 2: Never, would never do that. It's like even if you felt that, let's just say you're not in love with your fiance, you know in your brain that you're making a mistake. At least have the respect for your fiance to not do that. Way to day, wait, way to day.
Speaker 1: Wait a day, Like.
Speaker 2: You know, oh, man, who's he talking to with that engagement party? Now he's alone on that throne, right without a queen, without a queen, his queen went hither yonder. Yeah, am I happy that she did it because as a viewer, that's very satisfying to see, but like not the best move in terms of her character, like her morals, who she is as a character.
Speaker 1: But even those lines that she said to him, it would mean a lot if you were there for me. Why tell me.
Speaker 2: Why you think that's a.
Speaker 1: Little you think that's a little cruel?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah I do. And like if it's because why we all what we all know? Because she has feelings for Luke, Like that's also mean to Luke. Why are you wanting Luke to then see you at your engagement party? We don't want to just torture him. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's well he does. He shows up and it's like that classic shot with the three little kid ballerinas and Luke sitting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of mean of LAURAAI.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, the honesty. I love the honesty. Okay, so why is she there? What is she seeking from Luke? What do you think? Why did she go in there? What was she after? I don't want to believe that she's mean. Let's just say, let's just for the sake of argument, let's say she's not mean. What was she doing in there? What was she after?
Speaker 2: I don't think she's cruel or mean. I think she's selfish and so it's really just a and she doesn't think through her what her actions will do to other people, or like how it will make other people feel. Like when she leaves Max to go to the diner, I don't think she's thinking this is mean to Max, or like this is not this isn't right. She's just like she she's impulsive and goes on goes off on her urges and and does it. And I don't think when she goes to Luke she's thinking, well, why Luke, that would be hurtful for Luke to see me at my engagement party. She's just thinking about what she wants and she is she does not have that connection with Max that she does with Luke. And I think she's just like so desperate for that connection, but she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Know that she is.
Speaker 2: She needs therapy.
Speaker 1: I kind of see it as Rory's going to graduate, Laura is going to be an empty nester. Rory's going off to college. Laura doesn't really feel she has a life. She wants a life, she wants she wants a full life. She wants she's, she's, she loves men, She's in love with being in love, right, she wants that feeling. She hasn't really I mean, has she had a successful relationship in her life.
Speaker 2: No, she needs to do some inner work, but.
Speaker 1: Right, but she hasn't had a successful relationship in her life, has she? No, you can't say that Christopher was as successful. That's I mean, it's a great kid came out of it.
Speaker 2: Christopher is the worst, right start him.
Speaker 1: Here's this Max guy who seems like, I mean, he's checking all the boxes, isn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And he suit her like, you know, in a fairytale sense, pursued her, and you know, maybe she's just a bit over her skis, as they say, right, and maybe going into Luke was like get me out from over my skis, a little bit, balance me a little. Maybe she goes to him for balance.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's so fair of you to just give her that credit. I just think that she is in.
Speaker 1: Love with Luke, but she doesn't does she know it?
Speaker 2: I mean, don't you know when you're attracted to someone and you feel like everyone knows, you know, when you feel that that thing pulling you to someone, you know, give me a break?
Speaker 1: But isn't she also very very good at compartmentalizing things because she had to do it with her parents in order to get away and survive and keep them away and thrive and have Rory thrive. And now it's a situation where yes, she may be pulled by Luke, but there's this guy Max, and he's kind of perfect and he's really pursuing her. So like, let's do that because that feels really right, and it's not there's nothing wrong with it, even on a subconscious level. My parents will approve of Max because he's an educated he's a man of letters. Yeah okay, and they what can they say? Maybe he's not wealthy, so whatt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I think there's something to that where the whole reason she is with Max is just because she thinks that that's what she should be doing. And on paper, it's it's right, right, you know, right, but that's not who she is.
Speaker 1: But it looks like they're very attractive to one another, right, I mean they're they're steaming up the screen there quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Sure, but not like you guys. God, you guys are just talking about ketchup and stuff and it still is like, oh four play.
Speaker 1: You make a salient point, really really great point. Have you ever been a part of a community like Stars Hollow?
Speaker 2: You know where do those exist? No? I don't want everyone knowing my business all the time. I only know like three of my neighbors. Give me a break, No way, I need some privacy.
Speaker 1: That's La. Are you in La?
Speaker 2: I'm in La?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's pretty typical. It's it's kind of unusual of your neighbors. Man, it's like those people hide out actually know. I knew when I lived in La, I knew my neighbors really well. In fact, the people across the street, we would spend a lot of time at their house and vice versa and parties and things like that. They were fun. Depends on who your neighbors.
Speaker 2: Are, right for sure? Have you ever lived in a town like Stars Hollow?
Speaker 1: Kinda yeah, I kind of grew up in a place is like that.
Speaker 2: Really where everyone just like knew each other?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so when you like were walking down the store, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't as small as stars Hollowing, Right, it was bigger, Right, it wasn't. It wasn't rural. And I think Star's Hollow is a little bit rural maybe, yeah, okay, but no, no, no, this this this town was in the middle of a big population center, but it was it was a small town definitely.
Speaker 2: Did you just like always see people walking down the street that you knew? Yeah, and did you cross the street to avoid them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I would sometimes I just don't want to. I don't want to talk, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so let me ask you this. Did you find yourself more team Emily or team lorel Eye when it comes to this mother daughter drama?
Speaker 2: Oh, normally I'm team Emily on everything normally, Okay, in this situation, I relate more to Laura LII, which makes me be more team Lareli because we all just want to relate when we're watching something, right, right.
Speaker 1: Right, All right, okay, good, all right, Now we're going to focus on you, Stacy. Oh okay, that's about it.
Speaker 2: If I was a Star's Hollow resident, where would I be working? All?
Speaker 1: Right? Now I have some questions. Okay, okay, here we go. How many times have you watch Gilmore Girls? Oh, all the way through?
Speaker 2: All the way through? Two times? Because I just did it in the last few years, a couple of years.
Speaker 1: So what's your what's your favorite season from.
Speaker 2: The first season?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Me too, so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing like the first season.
Speaker 1: What do you think made it so special? Just because of the newness of it?
Speaker 2: I think it was the perfect storm of a million things. It's like, you have all of these interesting characters. You have the writing and the dialogue that's so quick, so funny, so witty, and then you have this like environment that's not what like any of us are used to, and it seems so comfy and quaint and charming. And then you add the seasons changing onto that, and you're like, what now I get to see like Autumn, and I get to see Christmas, Diamond Stars Hollow, and then like, to me, the seasons are also like main characters in the show. I just think it was the perfect storm of like everything all at once.
Speaker 1: Right, would you would you think Christmas. If we did a Christmas special, you'd be there for that.
Speaker 2: Could you make me an extra? I will act this out of that role. Give me no lines, but let me stand. Let me be an extra.
Speaker 1: Okay, right now, there's no talk. I'm just you know, well, you said something in an interview, Amy people are talking about it.
Speaker 2: Let's make it go viral, right now, Let's make the people. You know what, when people hear things talking about things, they that's how manifesting start, it is, you know, that's how you put it out into the universe.
Speaker 1: When the brainwash sync up and it gets the coal into the subconscious collective. Yeah, then things can really happen. Uh huh. What character can you relate to most on the show? Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, relate to most is different than favorite. Oh I mean, okay, so Emily is my favorite. But I guess I relate to Laureli the most, which is, like I don't like to admit because loralai Is is not the best. You know, I love watching her, but she's very selfish and chaotic and makes a lot of poor decisions over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Just like we all do.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why I relate. I see, like all the worst parts of myself in lore Line.
Speaker 1: Who would you want to be friends with from in real life?
Speaker 2: About Emily?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you want you want to hang out with them?
Speaker 2: I want to hang out with Emily. I want to go to fancy lunches. I want to. I want to. I aspire to be like Emily, you know, just like in my estate, just like with someone to cook for me. And I have courses in my dinner every night, Like I have a bread basket at my dinner table, a bread basket within the salad course. That it's goals.
Speaker 1: I you know, I think you're on your way to that. I mean you seem to be.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of kicking ass and taking names.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Uh.
Speaker 1: Is there a character that you're not a fan of?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Dean. No, I really don't like Dean. I don't like Christopher at all. I think Jess at this whole debate over like whether it's Dean Jess or Logan. Logan is the only answer. Okay, Jess was so awful to her, Like we forget like the people when people are like, I'm team Jess just because he's broody and cool and like understands where he more than Dean does like that doesn't make him the good guy. That doesn't make him a good partner for Rory, Like he literally left her on a bus, like and didn't say anything to her. You guys, Team Jess people, are you mental? Like that? I can't get down with that.
Speaker 1: If you have a favorite moment or a line from the show Man.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wish I would have thought about that one ahead of time. So much, there's so much right right.
Speaker 1: We'll come back to it. All right, let's talk about you. Okay, you got a lot happen, and you get a new baby, best selling book news and now season two vander pump Villa. Yeah, what can you tease about this next season? Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, it's really fun because it takes place. We all go to Italy and I got to bring my kids and my husband and we stayed in a twelfth century medieval castle in Italy and where or Viedo. Okay, it's this small town that's like on a plateau and the castle is right outside the town. It was like incredible to experience being there for a summer and just like immerse yourself into that town and everything. And it's about a staff of people young you know, young adults, you know, twenty somethings that are just the staff at this castle and they're hosting all of these different events and these guest groups are coming in and it's just a wild, fun show with just such a beautiful backdrop that sounds magical. Actually, it really was like to live in a medieval castle, right, Like, what am I ever going to get that chance again?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: It was kind of amazing.
Speaker 1: So what do you think makes vander Pump Villa feel different from your vander Pump Rules days.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, we're not you know, they're not focusing on our you know, shitty apartments in West Hollywood that we used to live and that's it's it's a completely different setting. That's I think that's what makes it so unique is there aren't that many reality shows out there where you you see this like beautiful historic setting and this a different country and all of these people going to that country and then to see like almost like it's kind of like Downton abbeyish where you see the upstairs downstairs, you know, you see both at the same time, where it's like you see what the guest groups are experiencing. These VIP guests and you see all the luxury, but then you also see what goes into making those events happen and those guests happy. So it's just like a whole blend of everything.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, how, how do you think Laura Gilmore would fit into the vander Pump Villa or even reality TV for that matter.
Speaker 2: She'd be such a great reality star. She would be, really would. She's so unhinged, she's so uninched. She just doesn't give a which is like, really, that's what makes a great reality star. You you gotta give, Like it's impossible to give zero Fox, but like maybe you could give like a few, but you really got to not care, and she doesn't. So like she would fully excel on a reality show. Now, I don't. I feel like on Vanner Pump Villa, if she was a staff member, she get fired halfway through.
Speaker 1: Right, Who do you think is scarier, Emily Gilmore or Lisa vander Pump.
Speaker 2: I would have said Lisa back in the day when I worked for her one, But nowadays we kind of have like a buddy relationship. I'm older now I don't work for her, so we're friends, so I'm not I'm not like terrified of her anymore. I'm gonna go with Emily Gilmore.
Speaker 1: Emily, Emily Gilmore. Right now, we're gonna do rapid fire. You ready, put fasten your seatbelt.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Coffee your tea.
Speaker 2: Depends on the time of day. Coffee in the morning, team mid day.
Speaker 1: How do you take your coffee?
Speaker 2: Really sugary oat milk, brown, sugar shaking espresso?
Speaker 1: Love it Chiltern or Yale Chilting team Dean Jesster Logan. I think we know Emily Richard. I think we know that too. Snow Day or Sunny Day and stars Hollow.
Speaker 2: Snow Day until I die, snow Day or leafy Day, autumn and winter. Those episodes are always my favorite.
Speaker 1: Right work in suki kitchen or at Michelle's front desk.
Speaker 2: Oh, Michelle's front desk. I'm not a kitchen girl. I don't like cooking. No, thank you. I want to talk with Michelle. Pop darts or pizza, pizza.
Speaker 1: One word to describe Gilmore girls, Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, life changing?
Speaker 1: Life changing? Really yeah wow.
Speaker 2: It just like hits your soul in so many different areas. It just like it it. Yeah, It electrifies so many different things, your brain, your heart, your soul. You start thinking about your own life, your own relationships.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, wow, Luke's Diner, Friday night dinner.
Speaker 2: Luke's Diner.
Speaker 1: I'm yes right. I was nervous.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna because you want to be with Emily so much. I thought I'm going to lose this one.
Speaker 2: Guess what I'm doing your podcast, not Emily's right now, so you won't know if I'm telling the truth.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Stas, It was a blast. Really, you have to come back.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I really would love to. This was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a blast. It was good. Really seriously, thank you and thank you everybody, best fans on the planet. Appreciate your downloads and remember where you lead, we will follow. Stay safe everyone, love it, Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.