Speaker 1: Question, can I can? I got a question by My name is Trista Creek, and I have.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I have questions about Darryl Moury. Why won't Daryl Moury just move Ben Simmons, I've got thoughts I do. I've been thinking about this a long time now. There's a lot of speculations like why won't Darryl Mory just move on? He doesn't want to be there, Ben, He's never wanted to be there ever since this playoff debacle where he threw him under the bus, like he said, he's never playing for you again.
Speaker 2: He won't even show up, and you.
Speaker 1: Just consistently think his price and his value is higher than everybody else thinks it is. It's like, why won't Darryl Moury face what everyone is feels is so obvious, right, Like I just don't understand it, even with Joel m Bead's prime prime being wasted, right like Joel Embid's playing the best basketball we've ever seen like from him specifically, he's been the best player in the last three weeks in the NBA, and he's on the worst rebounding team. As we've talked about, he's on the worst defending team in the NBA, like everything has gone to shit around him, and they need that player that's missing. They need somebody back for Ben. And they've turned down Darren Fox. They've turned down shooters like Buddy Healed. They've turned down shot creators like CJ.
Speaker 2: McCollum.
Speaker 1: They've turned down guys in the front court that can help Joel Embiid like Demana Sibonis, guys like Miles Turner. They've turned down goddamn everyone, etc. Etcetera, etcetera. Daryl Mourray, I'll hold him on for years.
Speaker 2: I'll let him rot.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. I'll just let him rod as long as it takes. My asking price will not change. No, it's like, Darryl, you're not being logical. Why won't you be logical? Like, I just do not get it. And people are like, who you know, Joe El Embiid and Daryl moriy are aligned.
Speaker 2: I mean, why are they aligned? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Daryl Moury has always gotten close to the stars on his team, and that's actually what made the wheels in my head.
Speaker 2: Start to turn. Huh.
Speaker 1: Now we're getting reports that James Harden is open to other destinations other than Brooklyn. There were reports a year ago when James Harden was traded to Brooklyn, then his number one choice was Philly. There are reports that James Harden doesn't exactly love Sean Marks, doesn't exactly love Joe Saie, would rather be with a guy who he feels is his guy, Daryl Mourray.
Speaker 2: H So this is what I think is happening.
Speaker 1: I think Darryl Mourray is waiting and wishing and hoping and putting all of his capital like was this James Jack Jack Johnson wishing and hoping things like that.
Speaker 2: He's wishing and.
Speaker 1: Hoping and praying and putting all of his little eggs in the basket, all of his ten million dollar eggs in one basket.
Speaker 2: In that basket is a man in the baby.
Speaker 1: Blue fat suit, and he's hoping that he can get James.
Speaker 2: And I think he and James are talking. I think he and James.
Speaker 1: Feel some sort of connection because Mike D'Antoni turned James Harden into the.
Speaker 2: MVP of the league.
Speaker 1: He was a six man and then he became an MVP, and James hasn't been the same since that. All that combo has gone together. But Darryl Moriy didn't fucking turn James the MVP. Mike d'An tony turned James Harden in the MVP.
Speaker 2: D'antony's not there. Doc Rivers is not gonna do that. We know that.
Speaker 1: So you know, I think what's happening is Daryl Moury is trying to save face. Daryl Moury is letting his emotions get to him, and the emotions for him are revenge. Emotions are feeling that he was one hundred percent correct and wanting Ben gone from the beginning, because let's be honest, as soon as Darryl Mory stepped foot in Philadelphia, he was trying to move Ben.
Speaker 2: Simmons for James Harden.
Speaker 1: That's what was That was his plan all along. And because he was Hong Kong, Darryl right, Hong Kong, Darryl soured, the soured the roots of everything going on in Houston. And then it just literally was like a ball of shit rolling downhill, just getting faster and faster and faster about this squash somebody with equal matter, right, and then Houston exploded. You have a new owner that made his living selling low priced seafood and Tillman Fertitta, who I call Tillman Fortada, Tillman Fortada, Darryl Mory, Darryl Moury for a very long time, and Houston just had like basically what he has now, carte blanche, do whatever the fuck he wants, pull the trigger, green light whenever, No, hey, can I do this? No oversight, no organizational control, nothing. And then Tillman Fortitda comes in with his little shrimp fork and he's like, hey, can you run your thoughts and ideas by me? I own the team now. And Darryl Mory's like whoa, and then he goes off Hong Kong rogue and then shit goes to hell and hand basket right. So that's how that relationship sours. Mike D'Antoni gets fired. They bring in Russell Westbrook for no reason. Darryl Moriy goes to Philly, tries to get Ben out the door because he's not at all the player that he wants at all. He wants Harden, and Tilman Furtada's like, fuck you, I'm not trading you Ben Ben Simmons for James Harden.
Speaker 2: No chance, I don't care. I'll take guys that are worse.
Speaker 1: I don't even know in that Nets trade, who's there on the Houston Rockets right now, I don't think anyone. I think it was Victor Oladipo and Tory and Prince. You got guys going to Cleveland, like the trade don't make no sense. You could have Ben Simmons and they say no because that's how much they hate Darryl Moury in Houston. So Darryl Mory's like, you know what, I'll do it however I want. I'm gonna get my way. I'm the fucking man, so I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna hold Ben Simmons hostage, and I'm gonna get Harden.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted to begin with.
Speaker 1: And you know it, what's the greatest fuck you to the Houston Rockets is if you still get Harden and you have to pay way less. If Harden ends up a free agent and Harden says I got my ring in Brooklyn or he doesn't, and I don't think I'm gonna and I want to play with Joe El Embiid and I want to play with my guy Daryl Moury.
Speaker 2: Who knows. They you just do a sign and trade.
Speaker 1: You don't have to give any picks, maybe one first round pick you give Ben Simmons off, nets have to take something they can't just maybe they get Tobias Harris.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a three team trade, who knows.
Speaker 1: But if James Harden wants to go to Philly and he's telling Daryl Moray that he wants to.
Speaker 2: Be in Philly, which we don't actually know if it's true.
Speaker 1: But if that's the case, Daryl Moray is gonna wait till this free agency offseason for Harden to say no, I want to try a new destination, and then it's in their hands and then it's in their control. H That's the only thing that makes this make sense. But who knows if that's gonna even be the case, right And I promise you though, if he does not get I I am stamping my flag in this now. There's no chance that Ben gets moved before the deadline, No chance before February deadline, February whatever it is, nine, ten, fifteenth, whatever it is, changes every year. No chance Ben Simmons leaves this squad because that's what he's waiting for, right. If he's waiting for Harden, then it's gonna be the summer and maybe it's not the summer. Maybe it's February.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: And all I'll say is this ownership, the birdies have told me today is already tiring of this. Because I've heard what I've heard this from, like Jake Fisher at the Bleacher Report. I've heard other reporters say, listen, Darryl Moury has carte blanche.
Speaker 2: Darren Murray, I had carte blanche at Houston. He's not there anymore.
Speaker 1: Phil Jackson, they said, Oh, Darrel Mourray has Phil Jackson treatment.
Speaker 2: Phil Jackson is no longer a New York Nick executive.
Speaker 1: Your rope as soon as thinks sour, and the league turns on you, and nobody wants to do business with you anymore, and your reputation takes a hit because he's a fucking joke right now. Everybody's making fun of him. And if ownership decides like you're no longer worth that ten million dollars and all that carte blanch and power, and Joel mb decides like, you know what this is not?
Speaker 2: This is whack. I am no longer aligned. I need somebody to play with. You're gone.
Speaker 1: And I think if Darryl Moorey does not get James Harden. I think it's I think it's a rap I.
Speaker 2: Think it's all. I think it's night night.
Speaker 1: I think it's a random consultant job with some random fledgling team, maybe in Canada, maybe somewhere, maybe in Hong Kong, who knows. Because this guy Darryl has no logic. He is operating entirely around emotion. And the problem with that, like my guy been getting really into Marvel, be getting really into Marvel. My guy Jude law Yan rog and Captain Marvel said to Danvers, who's Captain Marvel?
Speaker 2: He said, listen. Anger only serves the enemy.
Speaker 1: And I promise you all of those other Eggs executives right now are Daryl Morey's enemy. And every decision that he makes based on emotion and not logic is just digging a deeper and deeper hole that it's going to be more and more difficult for him to.
Speaker 2: Get out of.
Speaker 1: So he's got to learn, Darryl, you follow me on Twitter. You gotta learn to control those emotions, baby boy. Because the tea leaves are speaking. Tea leaves are speaking to me, and they're telling me the ownership is already sick and tired of this bullshit because how could they not be, How could they not be? You can go from genius like everybody in the league thinks you're a genius, to an unemployed nuisance in a matter of that. So make that trade, Make that trade.
Speaker 2: That's all the time that we have for the Heat Check. We'll be back Friday morning with a new episode. Do not forget to.
Speaker 1: Download, subscribe, tell all your friends and follow us on social app this Heat Check just to Criick on TikTok, and of course no trolling, stop trolling, just.
Speaker 2: Again like you today.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, god, I got up to suit by again at this