Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass podcast. It is Monday, August twenty eighth. The Ravens were back on the practice field today. They're also working behind the scenes to trim the roster to fifty three players before the deadline Tuesday. At four pm today, we had a chance to hear from head coach John Harbaugh, who discussed the mindset going into Week one and also the difficult decisions that the team has to make.
Speaker 2: It looked like Dante Dimas was in the first round the cuts. Was obviously a lot of interest in him because he was post but sure, what did he show, you know, maybe especially in that last person in the game, and then what do you think he still needs to show to keep his career going? Yeah, you know, it's We had a great conversation numerous guys today and very personal conversations with guys. You know, it really does get it's really as it's individual. Everybody's in a kind of a different place, and you really get your opportunity to sit and talk to guys about what they're trying to accomplish. And Dante really did a really good job. I mean, look how he showed in that last game, and you know, I think throughout the course of the of the off season and the UH and the training camp. I mean, he came out every day and he worked at it. He's got talent, he's got radius, he's a physical player. It was just really fun to see him develop. I think he's got a bright future in the National Football League. And really what he needs is to keep doing what he's doing and and and get an opportunity and take advantage of it. Good is you know, the next couple of days every year.
Speaker 1: I mean, how tough is it for for a head coach and a staff to kind of whittle this down.
Speaker 2: From an emotional standpoints from a human standpoint, right, Yeah, the emotional standpoint is real. You have guys that you get close to. I mean, you have relationships, You get to know their stories through the whole process. You go to work every day, have conversations. You know, sometimes guys in you know, you know they're out there and kind of their vulnerable type trying to chase their dream in a moment. And UH, it's it's very meaningful. Like we've said so many times, it's a very important part of all of our lives, you know, but especially the guys who are trying to make their way for the first time in this league. So I do. Uh, it's a process that I take very seriously. All the coaches do, and I think we do a good job of just trying to personalize it and make sure that everybody understands where they stand and you know, what they need to do to maybe get to the next level, and also understand how much they're valued, because we really value our guys. Those guys did a great job for.
Speaker 1: Us the number two quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best answer I can give you is that we're we're gonna work all that stuff out in the next couple of days. It's really not information that we're probably gonna just put out there too much for any position, just because why would we. You know, it's not something that we need to do right now. But uh uh, we we were making plans. In most cases, we have our plans organize. Other a few cases, maybe we still have some decisions to make.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 2: Or I don't see that. No, I don't see that. It's more games making the Parkers well he is, he is. It's you know, it's not you don't need to panic about that. And I tell the fans it's gonna be okay, but he'll be should be out there practicing next week. I expect him to play in the game and he should be fine. So, uh, that's where we're at with that. Yeah, good, it's okay, it's good.
Speaker 1: Anything to deserve about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a hello. I don't really know. I'm a little more vague on that one. I think that's I'm hopeful really that he'll get back here, you know, first game, second game, third game, somewhere in there. But we'll just have to see. It's uh, it's with the doctors and tires. It's fair to say that and consideration. I don't have any comments on any of that right now.
Speaker 1: That was head coach John Harbaugh. The team is going to continue practicing on Tuesday. We're gonna get a chance to hear from coach Harbaugh again as well as some of the key players. So check back tomorrow for more from the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Also the head over to the Lounge podcast feed for a full end depth breakdown to the preseason finale against the Block, saying, we're going to continue providing you insight and analysis as the roster decisions are made this week. Thanks for listening, talking to you again tomorrow