Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan I kill just the bits.
Speaker 2: Happy weekend friends, it's time for best Bits. I hope you've.
Speaker 3: Enjoyed the week, maybe you've caught up on the show, and maybe you haven't, And if you haven't, it's probably why you're here to listen to the best seven segments from the show this week, and I highly encourage you to check out Part one Part three This weekend.
Speaker 2: It is with Scuba Steve.
Speaker 4: We do touch.
Speaker 3: Base on the cruise see his experience, and we shout out a whole bunch of listeners in part one and part three. We always answer listener questions, so check both of those out and if not, you just want to get into the show from this week, then here we go.
Speaker 2: Has Bobby met the celebrity?
Speaker 3: Now you may think, oh, how can you not remember the people you've met? Well, Bobby's met a whole lot of people in his course of time in radio and just working in this industry, so he's met a lot of celebrities. And there was one picture that we actually posted on the show page that he was like, wait, I met them, and it inspired this whole game.
Speaker 5: Number seven. I saw a picture of me with Chris Martin from cole PLA. Didn't know I ever met him? That crazy? Yeah, you would have asked me out. I said, never met him.
Speaker 4: I know, And then there got worse.
Speaker 5: I buy side by side. He was like holding my hand, that's crazy. Yeah. So I met Chris Martin from coleplay. So they've put together a game, has Bobby ever met the celebrity? And I'm gonna play because apparently I don't even know who I met at this point, raymonder, are you gonna host it? Yep?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: So is it just as I explained exactly, you'd give us a celebrity. We just say if I met him at night?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And Chris Martin was at the twenty fifteen iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 5: All right, Amy me and you're playing?
Speaker 7: All right, here we go justin Timberlake also known as JT.
Speaker 5: The fine meeting, I would say it had there has to be a conversation at some sort. You can just say I know.
Speaker 4: This one one, two three, Yes, it was.
Speaker 5: I interviewed him once.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know you're interviewed him. I thought it was the time we were in the room and we were told we couldn't look into the eyeballs. But I felt like Ryan Seacrest introduced you to him and you shook his hand, but I was like looking down the whole time.
Speaker 5: That same time, I remember any of that, I ended up interviewing you were part of the interview.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess you got pulled up. Maybe Saran pulled you up. Yeah, don't y'all remember that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, probably you got to look him in the eye.
Speaker 5: I told us, like.
Speaker 6: When he walks in the room, don't look him.
Speaker 4: In the eye.
Speaker 5: I heard, like people are coming in. You got to leave the room. I've never heard don't look somebody in the eyes.
Speaker 8: Was back in the day, and then was you and Ryan were interviewing him. And then after the interview, uh j T looks at Ryan's like, who's this guy? Because like you made him laugh and say something.
Speaker 5: I've just never heard they don't look him in the eye thing before.
Speaker 4: Because you were already probably up there, I was in his eyes, and so you weren't part of the and there was. It wasn't a big room. It's not like there's that many people, but there was definitely instructions before he arrived.
Speaker 5: That's weird. Don't look somebody in the eyes. Okay. Next Adam Levine. We're in five late.
Speaker 4: Singer Adam Levine.
Speaker 5: Okay, what do you have? Yes, I know for a fact i've met Adam Levine. What do you have there, Ray, The answer is no, No, i've met him. They did when we were we were in Austin that Maroon five played a radio station concert of ours and at the time he was not nice, but they were also new. He said, don't look me in the icy.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 4: Oh. Also, to be fair, it was in.
Speaker 5: San Antonio, went down and they did a radio show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what well, just to be fair on Justin Timberlake's thing, I don't.
Speaker 5: Think you already said what you said?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no. I think it was his team. They were concerned because like his eyes were maybe a little bloodshot, don't look at his eyes.
Speaker 5: What if they just said that, don't look at his eyes and don't look him in.
Speaker 4: The It wasn't like Justin said, like, I don't want anybody looking at me. It was more like they were trying to protect his activities.
Speaker 5: I know I've met Adam Levine though, all right. Next Terrell Owens, NFL football player, Okay, do you know who that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he played for the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: He did for a bit. Yeah, haven't met him, yes, yeah, multiple times?
Speaker 7: Correct, Yeah, to event in twenty twelve, started at dinner table with him what appears to be a charity event.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then we played celebrities softball together in Houston at the All Star Game. Okay, Next, Joe Walsh of the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Yes, why did he come to your house? Now, that's the other guy you're.
Speaker 5: Talking about, the other Eagle. I don't think an eagle's been to my house. But John Fogerty from Createis Clearwater Revival has been in my house. We're Gonna Go Star has been in my house in the Beatles.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you had an Eagle.
Speaker 5: No, but I have met Joe Walsh. We presented together at the CMAS.
Speaker 7: Okay, right, that is correct, twenty nineteen CMA Awards.
Speaker 5: All right, go ahead. Josh Dumal just Tama, Just Dumal, just a mal Fergie's Haig's husband.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 5: And on the show Vegas.
Speaker 4: I want to say, I feel like I've seen him backstage somewhere, but I don't know that I've ever seen you talk to him. So maybe this is the one where I go, no.
Speaker 5: What do you have? Right?
Speaker 7: The answer is yes, take golf of them Pebble Beach pro Am twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, super nice guy. Okay, all right, go ahead, Jay Wow from Jersey Shore.
Speaker 4: Yes, how awesome interview.
Speaker 5: I think I presented with those CMT awards.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, you did present with her, because I remember.
Speaker 5: She was super nice. Vaguely remember telling her don't look me in the eyes.
Speaker 4: Though, lunchbox like probably freaking out about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, correct, CMT is twenty nineteen. Okay, what else you got? Chris Harrison from the Bachelor. Yeah, I don't think I have, really, yeah, I don't think have you ever met Chris Harrison?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think I have. Well that's yeah weird. I've ever like interview him on zoom or anything. Nothing? Okay, next, Lindsay Lohan, No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think I have, right, No, I heard that one.
Speaker 5: Okay, give me two more. Little John old why do you say his name like that? Little John? Will John, little John? And I can't even say it right?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you thinkbout Littlejohn? Little John? Now?
Speaker 4: Little John? So no for me, I think it's a yeah, okay, where they interviewed him, little John?
Speaker 6: Why you say it.
Speaker 5: Weird like that? Little I can't say, all right, what is it?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 7: The answer is yes, twenty fourteen. I heard radio music Fest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, think I.
Speaker 4: Interviewed him a long time ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead, Jason Bateman, Yes, I don't know why. What would you say?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: What would you say is why?
Speaker 4: I like taking guests like a podcast or something like? Did he interview you?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 5: I got SmartLess?
Speaker 4: Have you been on SmartLess? I don't know, not very good.
Speaker 5: I have where the golf tournament.
Speaker 4: He's also a pebble beach.
Speaker 5: You're super nice. Yes, could not have been nicer. It was generous with this time. Yeah, you're gonna give me one more?
Speaker 7: Channing Tatum, Oh sang and he got excited.
Speaker 5: Yes, I loved Godhead.
Speaker 4: You hung out with Josh Jamal. Maybe you hung out with Channing somewhere? Yes?
Speaker 5: No, right answers, No, okay, you can remember.
Speaker 4: There's not that many no's, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's some solid nose in there, Lindsay Lohan, Yeah, Chris Harrison.
Speaker 4: I mean in general, there's not that many nos.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of you means had no boom no, I bet you can name ten people haven't met.
Speaker 5: Julia Roberts never never, that's too keep rattling out guys.
Speaker 4: To lots of nose.
Speaker 5: You hit, yes, though you get punched in the shoulder. Okay, correct, putin, go ahead? Oh man, no political, No more political figures.
Speaker 11: Oh never mind, that was political.
Speaker 5: It's funny, though funny.
Speaker 11: You've met so many freaking people.
Speaker 5: That I'm seconds. Okay, Okay, Rodrigo no, No. Eight left, lunchworks, Selena Gomess, Yes, watch him. I sat next to her.
Speaker 4: Was the shoulder, Eddie, that'd be cooler.
Speaker 5: You got kicked off first round? Okay, No, Clooney now only started the game, he didn't, Oh, Eddie? See who can last long as time?
Speaker 6: Tom Brady never, you've never met Tom Brady.
Speaker 5: I've never met Tom Brady.
Speaker 8: Yes, Giselle, good, Tom's kids.
Speaker 5: We're done here.
Speaker 1: Is it's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 3: Daddy daughter dances are happening everywhere right now, and Lunchbox is not a fan. No, he's already stated this. You've probably already heard it if you've listened the show the last couple of weeks. But he continues to double down on his thoughts with daddy daughter dances.
Speaker 5: Number six Boys Mouth Place.
Speaker 9: Had the pleasure of taking my daughter to our very first daddy daughter dance, and I just wanted to say it was awesome to make those memories with her. It's something that I'll never forget, and I hope that she'll never forget. And to Lunchbox, you just keep making out with your dad, buddy.
Speaker 5: What you do, So I know I was going to say that at the end. So two things, one Lunchbox thing, because that dad daughter dances are creepy. I've now it's like when you get a red card and you notice all the red cars around you. Since he's brought that up, I've started to see people on my Instagram stories taking their daughters and dad daughter dances, and I will say this, it does not look creepy at all.
Speaker 6: Oh, it doesn't none.
Speaker 5: It never looked creepy because I never thought of that, but he made such a big deal about it. Now I see it. And so I saw Eric Decker taking his daughter to a daddy daughter dance. And also because Eric Decker is also a NFL player and he's like, awesome, there's nothing creepy about it. It looked sweet, ye, if that's the word you would use. But man, you talk about some feedback. We got some engagement on that one. But you still think it's great.
Speaker 11: It's very creepy, it's very awkward. It shouldn't happened. We need to do away with it, and I don't. If you consider a peck on the lips making out, then I was your.
Speaker 5: Dad, now dad daughter. But you and your dad.
Speaker 11: Well either way if he's I mean, and that means if he gives his daughter a kiss, he's making out with his daughter.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: He didn't say he did, though, But you kiss your dad on the mouth.
Speaker 11: I do, But that's not making out. Making out is when you insert tongue.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's never happened.
Speaker 11: Never.
Speaker 5: If you guys kiss on the mouth at a rush, you haven't seen your dad in a couple of months, You meet a restaurant and you kiss on the mouth and people look at you weird. I have no idea. You can't tell you you're looking deep in his eyes as you kiss.
Speaker 11: Oh, I've never looked at what other people are looking at. I'm not really worried.
Speaker 4: But have you done it in the in public or just at home?
Speaker 11: Yeah. Like if I'm like, if let's say we're meeting at a restaurant and we're going to hit the road and leave, all right, bye, I love you. We're out in front of the restaurant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mouth mouth how long?
Speaker 6: How long is it? Okay?
Speaker 5: Pet question? You never want to go crankle lips on crankled lips because you know what, I'm dry. So you got to like, even when you kiss your wife or your husband, you got to make sure they're at least moisturized a little bit. Do you lick your lift before you kiss your dad? Nope?
Speaker 6: Dry lip?
Speaker 4: Is that a thing? Licking the list?
Speaker 5: My lifts are dry, though, So I don't want to. I don't want to go strike krinkle lips into somebody like my wife.
Speaker 6: So what do you do? You lick before you go in?
Speaker 5: And she always says, why do you do that?
Speaker 11: Weird?
Speaker 6: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Do else do this?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I don't think you guys are as dehydrated as I am. Generally. I'm just I'm like dust dust comes out.
Speaker 4: You're like, should I say something? Because you were acting like that was a normal I'm not.
Speaker 5: Doing it like on the way in, but if I know I'm about to do it, it's like quick, Okay, I just think I'm so.
Speaker 4: Lizard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, licked lick, But you stand by even after all the feedback that dad daughter dances should be no more.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's creepy.
Speaker 5: But you think you and your dad kissing on the mouth, that's cool, It's fine. Have you ever kissed your you catch your mom on my lips?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 5: Ever, at the same time, did a triple kiss?
Speaker 11: Nope?
Speaker 5: Okay never Okay, used to do that on MTV.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've done that before the bar triple kiss? Yeah with with two dudes. No, a couple of chicks, one dude, one chick. Nope, two chicks, one dude.
Speaker 5: What if it's really hot chick? But one dude? Okay, just asking?
Speaker 6: Was that just peck?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: That is How do you do tongue now in two mouths?
Speaker 11: I just come in on from the sides.
Speaker 6: Man, Oh my god, it's like a teeth cleaning you're doing.
Speaker 5: You're going side to side like a bunch of wiper.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I don't believe.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that.
Speaker 11: That's great. I don't care of you to believe it.
Speaker 5: I've been there I've done that much, all right, Thank you for the voicemail.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two, when.
Speaker 3: You go to a restaurant and a server comes up to your table asking to put the order in, how many times do they have to come up to your table asking for an order before things get awkward?
Speaker 2: Dicey, weird all the above.
Speaker 3: That's what we were debating restaurant etiquette when it comes to ordering, because something happened with the show member and they felt a little bad.
Speaker 5: Number five, well.
Speaker 4: So how many times is too many times to have the waiter come by and ask for your food order before it starts to get awkward. So I went to eat with some friends and we were catching up so not really engaged with the menu, and our waiter had come by three times already and we were like, oh shoot, we're not ready to order. So by the fourth time, we still weren't ready ready, but we forced ourselves. We're like, okay, we have to decide, don't go anywhere, and then we all just pick something. I never, sir, I was a hostess. I never was a server, So I guess I just didn't know if they have a number where you start to get really annoyed. And you were a waiter generally too.
Speaker 5: So if I go to the table and I say, hey, you guys ready, and you're not totally cool. Yeah, I can't even put myself as the person eating the meal. Oh sorry, I hadn't seen the people in a while. We're just talking. They come back a few minutes later, Hey you guys, Oh I forgot, we forgot. We know you already came by once. We weren't ready then, and we have forgotten because we are so caught up in conversation. But the next time you come back, we will have our order, right, And so you get two, mostly because the longer you sit there and just gibber jabber and you have the right to that table, the longer you're going to be at that table to keep that server from turning the table when you're done, to make more money through the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I understand that.
Speaker 5: So twice, okay, you went four? Oh man, well did you guys forget you were eating?
Speaker 4: We were about to go five, but thankfully we were all like, oh, that would be awkward, so we just ordered.
Speaker 5: Had you guys not seen each other, I mean.
Speaker 4: We were just catching up. I do think that the first time was a little bit you know, out of the gate. We had just sat down, so I'm fair to catch to conclude the first visit completely, you know, because we don't even really had the time to look at.
Speaker 6: The first is just drinks though, usually right, Yeah, the thing gets your drinks first.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then he was like, let me know if you' all are ready to order it, you need more time. We need more time.
Speaker 5: When I I'm ready to order, Wow, of course you are. If I'm at the place and i'm my butt's in a chair, I know what I want. Either I've looked it up online or I look at the menu. Immediately my wife gets on to me because the waiter will say, all right, you guys are ready, and I'm like, yeah, we are, and I'm not checked in with anybody. But what I do is I go, yeah, we are. I'll go first, and then I'll talk a little slow to give everybody a second to I go through the menu. It is probably rude, but people will just sit all day in order. Oh yeah, and I'm hungry, and also I don't want to be there all day.
Speaker 6: So are you kind of the table manager? Because I am with my family.
Speaker 5: You have to be with your family for for real.
Speaker 6: I have to be like, have four kids.
Speaker 8: Is everyone ready? Okay, junior, you're starting? And then I kind of direct the table.
Speaker 5: As an adult with other adults. I don't have to point at people. But if I go, yeah, we're ready and then I start to order, everybody then fills the pressure to look down and figure something out.
Speaker 4: I mean, if people have dined with you before, they know, but if you're at a dinner with somebody new, you still do that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, but it's not to purposefully put on pressure to be a jerk.
Speaker 4: No, it's sur purposely put on pressure to keep things moving along.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to eat, you know the purpose of going to the restaurant, and.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have all meal to talk, so we're gonna have to have.
Speaker 4: Bet or not go too long. Well, we're gonna as.
Speaker 5: Soon as the check comes. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 4: If the check even makes it.
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes I will go the check doesn't even get to our table. Most of the time, I will lay my card on the corner of the table, oh man, and just go, hey, you can take this whenever you're ready.
Speaker 4: And he's like, but sir, you've only ordered drinks.
Speaker 5: Fair, All the conversation that needs to happen happens from the minute we sit down until we finish our mule. We're not gonna hang out after. We're not gonna do a whole lot of talking before. There's plenty of time to have all the conversation we need. That's how I feel about having to dinner.
Speaker 8: That's not what they do, like in Europe, right, Like in Europe, don't they just hang out for hours?
Speaker 5: What they do in Europe that I like is they bring you the thing to put your credit card in. They don't take your credit card.
Speaker 4: They some restaurants here do that too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they started to put there universally.
Speaker 6: And also the little tray with the.
Speaker 4: Receipt No, no, no, like the actual scanner.
Speaker 5: They scan your credit card in front of you, so they don't take your credit card back to a room where no one else is in the dark, where they have full access to your credit card with nobody watching it.
Speaker 4: Oh, my credit card got hacked the other day. It did, and I have to change everything.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 4: I got a text from Chase saying.
Speaker 5: It's safe in here. Tell us exactly what happened.
Speaker 4: Okay. I got a text from Chase saying, did you make you know this two hundred dollars purchase to poppy Garden or something? I don't know what I was like. I was like, I don't think I did that, But I was like, what if poppy Garden is short for something else? And maybe I had some bill come through? So I research it and then I click Nope, wasn't me. And then they immediate reply is okay, we've canceled your cart. We'll mail you a new one within seven days.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, oh, sometimes though, because this has happened to me a couple of times, and I think my number has just been out there, like in the dark web or something. I'm not sure. Sometimes though, I don't want to say that it's not me, because I'm still in the still using my car right and I like want to let them get away with it for a minute so I can keep using my car just for a little bit, Like I'm going to cancel it, but if you cancel my card right now, I can't use it for the next day and a half until I get another one.
Speaker 4: My mind was blown on this part, though, did you know if you have your Chase card. I have it attached to my Apple Pay. And then I was going through the line at the grocery store and all I didn't have my wallet. So I was like, shoot, all I have is my phone and I was like, my my credit card's not I haven't got my new one in the mail yet. But as soon as they assign you the new number, they update your Apple Pay.
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Me neither, and thankfully I was. I was about to have to tell the grocery store person never mind.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I.
Speaker 4: Was like, I don't. I just realized that I don't have a way to pay. And she was like, no, no, I think it's it'll update. She's like, just pull up your phone, let's see if it works. And I pull it up and sure enough, the last four digits are not the old one, it's a new four digits. But my card hadn't even come in the mail yet. But it saved me.
Speaker 5: So you got good hacked.
Speaker 4: Well, I was like, technology is amazing.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan Number two.
Speaker 3: You may remember, oh gosh, so many years ago now Lunchbox started getting into stocks, and well, Bobby and Amy invested into Lunchbox getting into stocks, so all three of them went in on buying stocks together.
Speaker 2: Bobby recently got out.
Speaker 3: He got his money back from Lunchbox, and now Amy wants hers back because she's not sure if she'll ever get it back.
Speaker 5: Number four, So we gotta talk about money for a second, because Amy is curious where her money is.
Speaker 4: My money from Lunchbox because I asked him to sign a contract with me just to keep everything safe, and then he was like, okay, fine, I'm not signing the contracts. I'll bring you your money tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So for more investment. He may have it. He does this thing where it's performed at anything. I don't got anything. What's in the bag, all right, lunchbox?
Speaker 11: Oh no, I I got sick and I forgot about it, so I don't have it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I don't know what I mean. Where's the like he's literally on tape saying I'll bring it tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then yeah, and then I got sick. And then there was a holiday called President's Day. The bank was closed and then President's Day, oh yeah, and then I know, but then I forgot about it. He didn't remind me. You gotta gotta bring him back up. It's like, you know, things come, they go, you know, when it's not the next.
Speaker 5: Day you think about that.
Speaker 4: Things come and go about that.
Speaker 5: Hey, RAYMONDO, is he still owing you money for something? Yeah?
Speaker 7: So he finally paid me for the fantasy football stuff, and then we had her convention and he gave me like ten dollars cash and he goes, hey, I'll pay you the rest later for convention.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, like, yes, that's just the sore losers convention. We had some merch.
Speaker 7: It was like old merch that was just sitting in an attic somewhere and we actually made some money from it. And so he threw me ten dollars. I go, what is for this? He said, the merch and he goes, I'll venmo you the rest. And so then a week after that, I said, hey, man, are you going to vendmo me? And he goes, my Venmo got hacked. I'm I can't venmo right now. In President's Day and then I asked him again. I was like, hey, I believe it's like one hundred and fifty dollars amount and I said, hey, are you going to pay me that money? And he goes, yeah, yes, I'll pay you. I just can't get into my venmo right now. Well that was a month ago. That was MLK weekend. So I'm also looking for an update.
Speaker 5: Just like Amy. Okay ah, he has.
Speaker 11: Never asked me more than once for the money. My venmo was locked.
Speaker 5: Do people have to ask you twice?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 11: No, I'm saying like him, saying that all these excuses. No, I did. My venmo was locked because of fantasy football payouts that you can only do a certain amount per week, and so for like three weeks straight, I couldn't pay Ray because I was paying the fantasy football league. I thought that was more important to pay people that listen to the podcast. And I write.
Speaker 5: Cash, just go to bank and give him cash.
Speaker 6: President's damn forgot about that.
Speaker 5: Oh did things come and go? Ye?
Speaker 11: Things come and go?
Speaker 5: And yeah, I mean really, I was just like, I would just like.
Speaker 4: To show you this is this is why I wanted him to sign a contract, because if I wanted to stay in the investment with him, I just wanted a little security to back up that I gave him this money and he didn't end up like five years from now and it's earned however much he doesn't pay me back.
Speaker 5: This is a constant with him, though, highlighting that he always owes everybody money and never wants to give anybody their money, so it's you shouldn't give him money.
Speaker 8: And he always like, I have a business idea, and we're like, we don't want to go into business with you.
Speaker 4: This is why, like I wanted, I really wanted to keep my investment with him. I just wanted the contract.
Speaker 11: But no, you were fine, no, because you were fine with this investment for years without a contract. Then all of a sudden, you want to get all.
Speaker 4: Because I realized she's not sillious.
Speaker 11: I'm going to be up and up and like you.
Speaker 4: Know, like eventually not a liggitious person.
Speaker 11: I contracting.
Speaker 4: It's like, manect myself.
Speaker 11: When have I ever ever done you wrong? When have I ever ripped you all?
Speaker 5: We just showed you that you no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 11: I didn't say pay, I said ripped off. You haven't exactly, So why would you ever think I'm going to rip you off?
Speaker 4: Friends just do this like to.
Speaker 11: Friends, don't make friends sign contracts if your friend borrows, saying no, if your friend borrow twenty bucks you don't make them sign a contract like, oh, here, you'll pay me back get out of here.
Speaker 4: Okay, but this isn't twenty bucks. Now we're in the thousand.
Speaker 11: You're right, and you could be even more if you would stay in. But you want to be out.
Speaker 4: I want to stay in. Just sign the contract, stay in.
Speaker 5: But she doesn't want you want her money and Ray wants his money. Yeah, and that's not an answer. What do you mean?
Speaker 11: I said, yeah, okay, I'll get aim of your money.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Like should we establish a date?
Speaker 5: Yeah, tomorrow, Okay. I think you made like a cat noise or nothing, but it comes. What about Rays?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'll send that over right, No big deal, No big deal.
Speaker 5: So we're all good then, Yeah, no stress express here, hitch you, We're all handle.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: As parents, you guys are always dealing with some interesting things with your kids, and this one is no exception. Eddie has a situation going on with one of his sons and a streaming service, and it's put Eddie in an interesting position, which is now why he came to the show asking.
Speaker 2: For some advice.
Speaker 5: Number three Eddie's kid paid for his own streaming service. I think that's cool that he did that.
Speaker 8: I felt bad doing it, though, because I mean, we've never had HBO Max.
Speaker 6: I've stolen it from my sister.
Speaker 8: And then recently it's I've been getting this thing where like are you traveling or do you need to log in again? And I've texted her twice and be like, hey, I want to say you're traveling, will you send me the code? But then now it's not working. So my son's like, Dad, we really want HBO Max.
Speaker 6: I'm like, dude, if you want it, you can pay for it.
Speaker 8: And then he did and he's paying for it. But here's the thing now, like do I get to use it? Like he's paying for it? But do I get to get on it whenever I want and watch whatever I want?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: Yes, it's your house.
Speaker 6: Boh, your house.
Speaker 11: You get to use it?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean yes I can, but then I don't know, just bills off?
Speaker 5: What about? What's he using to watch it on his phone?
Speaker 6: No, he's got it on the TV two TVs.
Speaker 5: Did he buy either one of the TV's himself?
Speaker 8: No, I bought this and plus, dude, I pay for Prime and all the other Netflix and all that, and he watches that whenever he wants.
Speaker 4: He's still a parent, though, Yeah, I know that's that's the thing.
Speaker 5: I would say. Yes, I would say, if he buys it, you get to watch it. But every time you watch it, you have to thank him.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Hey, thank you man, thanks for allowing me to watch it.
Speaker 5: Yeahs appreciate it. Yeah, that is pretty mature to go, wow, we don't have this service, and he's gotta pay every month for it.
Speaker 6: Every month. He paid the year because he said it was cheaper for the year. I'm like, I like that.
Speaker 4: I just feel like if I started watching as a parent, I would feel like I should start paying for it, and then he would need to pay for something else.
Speaker 6: He doesn't pay for groceries.
Speaker 11: Guys like, he's your child.
Speaker 5: Yeah, were you proud of him for doing it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like a weird sense of that's cool he's using his own money to because that's something that you don't really own. There's that that's not tangible, right, Like, if you're kid, you buy cool shoes, you get to have them. Is a kid? Are you're buying a streaming service? I was like buying a set of tires, Like, I think.
Speaker 8: It's cool, Like the fact that he has his own job and he has his own bank account and sometimes well just him and I will go out to lunch and be like, Dad, let me get this. I got my own money, let me get this.
Speaker 5: I'm like, that's really And he.
Speaker 4: Pays for himself for you two both wow, and I let him.
Speaker 5: That's generous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's really cool.
Speaker 8: So the fact that it really didn't surprise me that he was like, I'll pay for it. I'll pay for hbox was like, I didn't surprise me, but I was like, Wow, it's really cool.
Speaker 6: And then I thought like, man, can I watch it.
Speaker 5: Is he normally generous with his money?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is he a saver?
Speaker 6: Uh no, No, he kind of makes his money and.
Speaker 5: It goes easy coming, easy comanes.
Speaker 6: That's the way he is.
Speaker 8: It's funny, though, because all my kids are different. I have a big time saver that won't spend any of his money, and then I have one that just blows it immediately, and they have another one that likes to be like, oh a little bit here and a little bit.
Speaker 6: It's they're all really different.
Speaker 5: Mm on that with yours?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I have one that my daughter doesn't like spending any of her own money. She likes to spend money, she likes things, but she is a saver, like she will figure out a way to save her money. And then my son is very generous. It feels weird because I don't want to say that she's not generous, but she's just not going to be as giving. Like Stevenson would even be like to her like, oh, here's five dollars, and it would be very difficult for her to offer up, like if he needed five dollars, she would be like, figure it out yourself.
Speaker 5: Do you guys ever take money from your kids' banks piggy banks?
Speaker 4: If I need cash, I've done it before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you tell them yes?
Speaker 4: I would pay it back.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 8: One time the pizza delivery guy came and I was gonna tip them, but I didn't have any cash, so I had to go and like steal five dollars because they all have their wallets in the same drawer.
Speaker 6: So I just went in there and took five.
Speaker 5: Bucks and you replaced it when I have not yet now, I was like too much. That was like foury five years ago, So they don't even know, no cluar does that tell you they don't count their money, and like they don't have a track of it.
Speaker 8: Then well they have bank accounts and then they have wallet money. The wallet money is kind of they forget what they have in there just because it's concession stand money. Like if they go to a basketball game, they take their wallets, but then they don't keep track of how much is in there.
Speaker 6: So I could probably steal money all the time. Oh wow, and they would never know.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Amy has picked up a new hobby for the apocalypse, not entirely just the apocalypse if it were ever to happen, but so.
Speaker 2: She's prepared in case it ever does.
Speaker 3: And so then it had us all thinking about the skills we possess if we were in an end of the world situation. So, what skill would you bring to the table if we were in apocalyptic territory?
Speaker 5: Number two, Amy's got a new hobby. She does this semi frequently. She was going to learn to sew, got her little sew on machine.
Speaker 4: Well, I already know how to sew, got your little sewing machine? Yeah, so but this is going to be my new thing because I haven't sown since college when I had a purse business with my roommate. I have some curtains in my house. They need to be hemmed. And I got a quote and I was like, you know what, that's hymning the bottom of a current'sy a straight line. Nothing crazy. So I went online and ordered a sewing machine and I'm going to do it myself, and I'm going to bring back my sewing So I'll start with my curtains and then maybe i'll start.
Speaker 5: What's the what's the overall goal here?
Speaker 4: The overall goal is to also contribute to my chance of getting chosen in a post apocalyptic situation. Okay, I don't I don't know yet, like why someone would choose me for their community. So this is like a fear that keeps coming up.
Speaker 5: So okay, let's say world ends. Yeah, it's an apocalypse. Everybody's fighting their homo community's.
Speaker 4: They needed gardeners. Yeah, what would Eddie do in the group musical entertainment?
Speaker 6: That'd be great.
Speaker 4: I mean, he can also cook, but he's not the farmer. He's just the be the griller.
Speaker 6: I can farm.
Speaker 4: You could start a fire and then he can cook the meat.
Speaker 5: But using his skills. If we if we have a hunter, then Eddie grills it and Eddie also plays music.
Speaker 6: I'm the cook in the entertainment. Yes, they're gonna love me.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about lunchbox?
Speaker 6: That's tough.
Speaker 5: What would his what would his skill be?
Speaker 6: There's the lottery's not gonna.
Speaker 5: Be Well, what would your skill be?
Speaker 4: If he's he's a he's a long distance runner, so we're gonna need mail.
Speaker 6: Put him.
Speaker 5: Using resources?
Speaker 4: Could he be a courier villages getting messages to people.
Speaker 11: So you're gonna do that. You're gonna run, Oh, no problem, man, you need to run down to the well, get some water. I'll bring it back.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, but you're older now can you have one testicle?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 5: And the stomach pain.
Speaker 6: Every time you run?
Speaker 4: Well, let's just assume we're all we're.
Speaker 11: Getting healthy before the apocalypse, right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we still have some of our ailments come that time, Like, I don't know, might all get cut?
Speaker 11: Like really, what good is sewing going to do at that point?
Speaker 5: But imagine, like the sixteen hundreds, if you just like tour acl or like an Achilles, pop, you're done you're dying.
Speaker 4: What's over the problem is do we have electricity at all? No sewing machine relies on that. But I can. I can do needle.
Speaker 6: And that's what Bobby will do.
Speaker 4: Bobby will No, Bobby's the leader.
Speaker 6: You'll create electricity and whatever ate electricity. I don't know. You're smart, like you read a lot of books.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, okay, but that doesn't create electricity.
Speaker 5: You'll figure out how to get us some power something.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because without electricity we're kinda what I mean, Bobby's.
Speaker 5: It'd be very much the web mutality, mutuality where I what I build, everybody will have to have everybody that does every sort of job. And if you don't bring something, then we kill you.
Speaker 6: And you're the leader, of course.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know. You don't have to kill, but you just throw them outside the gate.
Speaker 5: Well then they get murdered.
Speaker 8: Well, the thing is if you don't, if you don't kill, you're not gonna have a lot of food for everyone.
Speaker 6: Like you gotta get rid of sources.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta get rid of We're not cannibals.
Speaker 4: We're not eating each other.
Speaker 5: Terrible limited resources. Though you don't want some eating them all out look over there's only so much someone eating someone eating all the beats, right, Like, what's up you and all the beats? You don't want that?
Speaker 6: Get rid of them?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, outside the gate. As Amy said, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know why I spend more time thinking about this lately. Maybe it's just like the state of the world. Do you ever know? Like what's going to happen? And then you're like, is anybody gonna pick me to be on their team? You know, like whoa? And now I've picked a sewing machine that can't even get plugged in.
Speaker 5: That's true, the gate boys electricity. That's why.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm working on my gardening.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: I just what else can I offer you?
Speaker 5: Guys? Overthrow me? I'm gonna ode the gate.
Speaker 6: Who Like, what do you call that cop?
Speaker 5: If there's a coup?
Speaker 4: No, I don't have the mental energy to overthrow you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's too much.
Speaker 5: Fair leader, I haven't benevolent leader. So all good until we're eating too many resources and then well that's because you're HEARDing other people. Yeah, and then I throw you outside the gate. Yeah, let us know how your sewing goes.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's the best bits of the week. With Morgan.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 3: This is such a hot button topic for so many reasons.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are dealing with it.
Speaker 3: But it is concert tickets, specifically buying and even accessing concert tickets. It started with a listener who called in asking Bobby about why one artist tickets are more than another's, and he explained it all and honestly, it's just a wild West out there for anyone buying concert tickets.
Speaker 2: So I applaud you for trying.
Speaker 5: Number one, let's go to Billy who is listening in Virginia who has a question about concert tickets.
Speaker 10: Hey Billy, Hey, what's up? Bobby?
Speaker 5: How you doing pretty good? You're on the show.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 10: I'm a big big Morga Wiles that have been since we through some things. But uh, I was just wanting so when I go look for Morga wilets tickets that they're super expended, right, And whereas if you look at Eric Church tickets, somebody that's been in the industry form a minute, a hot minute, they're barely not cheap, but way more inexpensive than Morgan while and I was just wondering, how how does that come to be? How do they determine these things.
Speaker 5: So a couple of things. One, I think a Morgan Walland ticket is slightly in more demand than an Eric Church ticket right now. So how hot you are, how many tickets you sell, you can have your price set or whatever. But there's something called dynamic ticket pricing as well that when tickets go on sell, the more they're in demand, the higher they go. And if people keep buying, the higher they go, the higher they go. If people stop buying them, then it's like stock market. If everybody's buying them, stock goes up because that means they're in demand. If people are buying the stock or people are selling the stock, stock goes down. So if people aren't buying tickets, prices tend to stay the same or drop a bit. So it's a mixture of what's hot right now and dynamic ticket pricing. It's why Taylor Swift tickets got to be so expensive. They don't put it at a given number five dollars and then it just days. There are a couple of reasons, one dynamic and then resell. That would be the two reasons. People will buy a bunch of them, or bots will buy a bunch of them, and then know that it's going to sell out, then they'll resell them for double triple the price. So that's been happening longer, the resell. But now dynamic pricing goes into effect with concerts, where the more everybody wants them, the higher the prices go built into the computer.
Speaker 10: Got you, yes, sir, Well, thank you, Frank, and then I appreciate it. I'm just glad to be on the show man. It took me a minute to talk to you.
Speaker 5: So you're right though, concert tickets, every concerts a lot. It's crazy how expensive tickets are, and a lot of it is fees. It's dynamic pricing and resell and fees, and so it's hard to go to a show now, especially a big show. Like I think if you wanted two tickets to go to Morgan Wall and it's going to cost you a thousand bucks, like all in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, just put his music on. I'd be like, okay, kids, you want to go to that, Let's get in the car, driver out and listen to whatever concert you want to go to.
Speaker 5: Billy, what were you seeing as far as ticket prices?
Speaker 6: To me, I was.
Speaker 10: Seeing about five hundred bucks per ticket. You know exactly what you were saying. So it's going to cost a thousand bucks. And you know, I'm also a big Ella Langley fan. I mean this new girl coming out singing these awesome songs that she writes. You know, she's on tour with Eric Church and now she's here to go on toward Morgan Law. And the tickets to even go to that we're astronomical. I mean even the those bleeds, man, we're at least three hundred, three hundred and fifty bucks per person, and blue collar worker like myself, I cannot afford anything like that.
Speaker 5: That's the big gripe with the concert industry now, is they they're pricing out people that just want to go to shows, that are living lives where they work in the daytime and on the weekend they want to go to a concert. Looks almost like you have to save up all year to go to one or two concerts a year. And that five hundred bucks a ticket is not including food. You want to get a T shirt? There, a drink, yeah, or seven.
Speaker 6: Drinks seven beers beersh yeah, Billy.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you calling them, but I hope I gave you a good explanation on why that is.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yes, sir, I appreciate it, Thank you very much. It's just supposed to be on the show. Bobby, I appreciate all you guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you all right, Billy, have a good day.
Speaker 10: Man, Yes, sir, you too. See you.
Speaker 3: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two and that wraps it for the weekend. Thanks for hanging out on Best Bits again. Check out part one, Part three this weekend with Scoobs. It's always a fun time over there. And if you want something totally different, you can check out my podcast. Take this personally. I brought on a new friend. Her name is Kristin Rogers and she is a background vocalist for she's currently doing Post Malone, She's done Eric Church, The Killers, and she's just a really cool person that I met backstage at the Rebel Jukebox show last year and we connected. And I love doing this interview because hearing her stories from behind the scenes of this industry that we're all in is our really cool perspective. So highly encourage you to check it out. And if you don't want to do any of that and you got a busy weekend, ahead. Then this is where I leave you. Have a safe, fun, productive, or totally relaxing weekend, whichever you desire, and I'll yap with you guys next week.
Speaker 5: Bye. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 4: Bomb show and follow at webgirl
Speaker 1: Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.