Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: We are getting closer to crowning an NBA champ and with the action heating up on the court hotter than ever. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app. It's great, I've got it.
Speaker 3: You should.
Speaker 2: Takes less than ninety seconds. Official sports betting partner of the National Basketball Association. Okay, now we got the conference finals Pacers Celtics, t Wolves, Dallas Mavericks. These games have been so great live betting, same game parlays, odds, boosts, So much is covered. It's super easy for first timers to get started. Try betting on something simple like a team to win. So you go to the DraftKings Sports Book app again. Download it ninety seconds, select your squad, place your bet. It's that simple.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: New to DraftKings. It's called no sweat bet. This is a new one. It's easy, called no sweat bet. Up to fifteen hundred dollars. Just to posit at least five bucks. That's it. Five bucks, a five spot, that's it, and you'll get a bonus bet back if your bet doesn't hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said it right.
Speaker 2: If your bet doesn't hit, download DraftKings Sportsbook app. The Coda's Colin that's me. Coli N Draftking sportsbook app download columns Coli N New customers.
Speaker 3: No sweat bet.
Speaker 2: Up to fifteen hundred dollars you get if you just deposit five bucks and your first bet doesn't hit. Only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Voyd and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See DKNG dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. We have made it to the NBA Finals, which means we have made it through another full NBA season and number one, I thank you all for continuing to tune in to The Draymond Green Show. Our listeners, subscribers, viewers can't thank you enough for the support. Means the world. Hope you keep coming and I'll continue to try to provide you with great analysis, and even more so than great analysis, just a great time. But as I said, it's NBA Finals week. We got a lot to talk about getting to the NBA Finals. It is also some other stuff going around going on around the NBA, the w NBA, sports media as a whole, and we will get into some of that stuff. Caitlin Clark, Kennedy, Carter Angel Reese like, we will get into that. So but before we get into all of that stuff, this is your NBA Finals preview and we will talk about the NBA Finals. We got the Boston Celtics versus Dallas Mavericks. Boston Celtics are a favorite. Dallas Mavericks is motivated, feel like they belong, feel like this is an opportunity for them to get back over the hump first time since twenty eleven, Boston first time, well, Boston has been to the finals all twenty twenty two, but trying to get over the Hump for the first time since two thousand and eight. Jackson's right there, smart the big smile on his face. Two thousand and eight was a great year. As you all know, I can't really give a shit to see anything happens happen good to Boston other than Jason Tatum, love Drew, got love for JB. But I just hate Boston Celtics, hate Boston. Just rude people, ruth fans, rude people. They're pretty silent when we go there these days. But yeah, so two thousand and eight was the last time. Now, that was a great year. I must say. I graduated in two thousand and eight, so I'm not necessarily against the year. But you know, anyway, let's get into it. So Boston Celtics versus the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 3: What are some of the keys to this matchup? Number one?
Speaker 1: Obviously you got Luca, you got Kyrie versus j T and JB.
Speaker 3: Like that is the billing. That's what all the hype about this duo.
Speaker 1: It's that duo and which one of the duos is going to come through this time.
Speaker 3: I think it's very exciting that.
Speaker 1: A new champion is going to be crowned like you're going to see I mean you do, got old Kyrie sitting there champion already, but we're going to see either Luka Doncis get his first ring, or we're going to see JT. And also on the other side, by the way, excuse me, you got old champion Drew Holliday sitting over there. And so there are a couple champions, very important champions playing in the series, but there are also some guys, as we know, looking for their first championship ring. And man, that first championship ring, I must tell you, just getting over that hump to experience that feeling, I mean, it's an experience like no other, Like I will never forget twenty fifteen and that closing bill, I mean that that closing buzzer coming, and like standing there with Steph and I will never forget that We're both just standing there looking at each other, yelling what like what.
Speaker 3: Like what? And he tossed the ball up and we hugged. And Wow, the feeling.
Speaker 1: That you get, I mean, it's it's unlike any feeling that you've ever felt before in your life. Like you get that feeling, you go through that feeling, you experience it and you quickly realize, like.
Speaker 3: Yo, this is different, like.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifteen up there, this is this is different.
Speaker 3: Oh I got something.
Speaker 1: Else from twenty fifteen too, Yeah, there's twenty fifteen right there. But yeah, you quickly realize like this is this is a different feeling than I've ever felt before in my life. And you go through the emotions and you have a blast, and you try taking it all in and you go take your pictures and you party and morgans like we did standing on top of tables in Cleveland, you know you, And then you go home and you party, and you parade and go to Vegas, and for about a month you kind of or two months, you kind of got like this or around you that everybody knows like, yo, this dude is on like cloud nine.
Speaker 3: And with that orr.
Speaker 1: You also kind of got like a past to go into the world and do whatever the hell you want and nobody's gonna say a thing for like a couple of months.
Speaker 3: Take that with a grain of salt.
Speaker 1: Obviously, got to be a good citizen, but you get the point and and experiencing that feeling and saying that people are like looking at you and they think you crazy and out of your goddamn mind and they can't really make out like something's up with this dude. They can't really make it out. And while they can't make it out, you just kind of floating, and only someone that's a champion knows like kind of what you're going through.
Speaker 3: Funny, oddly enough, in twenty.
Speaker 1: Sixteen, I had the opportunity to play for the USA team and win a gold medal. Kyrie Irvan was my teammate. It's Kyrie Irvans' first ring, Kyrie Irvings's.
Speaker 3: Only ring, and.
Speaker 1: Kyrie kind of came around the USA team and I remember a couple guys like, yo, what you own like just and I told then, I say, yo, he's like on this cloud, like experiencing something that like you can't even imagine feeling, and he's just.
Speaker 3: Gonna live in his own world for a while. Just let him do what he do.
Speaker 1: And Kyle came up to me smiled and laughing, like you know exactly what it is, like, you know, And I'm like I get it, Like that's why I'm telling them, like it's cool, like he gonna just let him do what he do, and.
Speaker 3: That feeling is what we're going to.
Speaker 1: Get the opportunity to see from one of these teams, and I'm excited to see which one that it's gonna be. I think Boston's biggest edge in this series is that at any given moment, Al Horford can go off for twenty plus. We obviously know Drew's capable of going off for twenty thirty, Derek White and obviously for Zingers back, and obviously we know what JT and and JB is capable of. But I think them having so many guys that can get off, it's a huge ask for them in this series.
Speaker 3: Now, one would say that could also be.
Speaker 1: Your biggest downside as well, because if you remember back to twenty twenty two Game one of the NBA Finals, we lost that game at home versus the Boston Celtics. And when we lost that game at home versus the Boston Celtics, Marcus Smart, Al Horford and Derek White combined. If I'm not mistaken, if my mind draws me, if I can drog my mind correctly, my mind serves me the right way. Almost positive, those three guys combined sixteen for twenty one from three and when they combined sixteen for twenty one from three, and I was getting blasted and badgered for doing this very podcast right here during the series, I remember, I vividly remember saying, if Al Horford, Marcus Smart, and Derrick White is gonna go sixteen for twenty one from three to beat us, we will be just fine.
Speaker 3: And yet and very truly we were just fine.
Speaker 1: And so I say that to say that can also be a downside because sometimes you get then your stars, I e. Jason Tatum, I'll Jaylen Brown get the overly looking for those guys.
Speaker 3: And the reality is.
Speaker 1: When you're when those stars.
Speaker 3: Like that Luca Kyrie, you.
Speaker 1: Know, are getting off the like the demoralizing effect that it has on another team's defense, when your game plan is built to stop those guys, the demoralizing effect that it has. It's totally different than Draymond Green going off for thirty or was it in game thirty three fifteen to nine in Game seven of the NBA Finals, Like that thirty three is as great as it was. If Steph Curry is getting that, it is doing something different to the defense because when he starts doing what he's doing and getting that thirty three, the way the defense reacts.
Speaker 3: Then opens everyone else up.
Speaker 1: However, if it's me getting the thirty three, the defense is ultimately not going to overreact and they're just like, well, he's going to have to beat us, and so it doesn't necessarily get anyone else going. And when you look at stars, that's where their biggest their biggest help, their biggest like that is where their biggest role is not only to get themselves involved, but what can everybody else get off those stars? And when you when all you people start naming like stars in the NBA and like no one else can get off them like lo and behold, they're not fucking stars. Like and we you know, we live in this day of social media and all this where like everybody wants to make everyone a star, and the reality is it's like there's not that many stars in the NBA.
Speaker 3: There just isn't.
Speaker 1: And so back to my original point, when you're going for thirty three, fifteen and nine in the NBA Finals, are that's great and like, I'm having a great game and I'm getting off. But the reality is if that stuff doing that, Draymond Green is going to get a wide open slip layup because the defense is going to overreact and three guys going to go with him and you get a slip and you get a layup, and the way those things then demoralizes a team and gets out a team because you're already not stopping step and now we're all eating off him.
Speaker 3: And what that does to a team is it kills them. And so.
Speaker 1: I said all of that to say, as much as that could be Boston's biggest strength, it could also be their biggest letdown.
Speaker 3: It could also.
Speaker 1: Be one of their biggest flaws because those guys could get comfortable with swinging it to those guys and like, oh, he got open shot, let him take, And what that's doing to the defense. If JB isn't getting off as j If JT isn't getting off, it's a totally different thing. Now obviously we run a totally different offense. That's a different thing. It does not matter. So obviously we know we need those two guys to play well, but ultimately.
Speaker 3: We need the role.
Speaker 1: Players to play great, like you need those guys to be extraordinary. But I go back to Game one in two thousand and fifteen, sixteen, one of those years, Sean Livson myself was getting off and Steph had a rough night that night, and we lost, and we were getting off we lost, you.
Speaker 3: Know, And so.
Speaker 1: When you think about it, like you definitely need your stars to get off. Now we'll get into like whose stars is going to get off more of what they need to provide which team needs it most, and blah blah blah. But that is what I think their biggest attribute or you know, the best thing for Boston in this series will be on the offensive man on the defensive end, I think it's the ability to switch. But more importantly, I think it's the ability to throw multiple defenders at Kyrie and Luca. Like j B will spend some time on Kyrie. JB will spend some time on Luca. Drew will spend some time on Kyrie. Drew will spend some time on Luca. Derek White will spend some time on Kyrie a little small not sure how much on Luca, but the moral of the story and JT j T can spend a little time on both of those guys as well.
Speaker 3: So the moral of the story is being having an.
Speaker 1: Opportunity or the ability to throw multiple defenders at great players I think always helps because it gives them a different look. You got fresh legs, fresh air legs, it's a different thing. And so I think the Celtics having that ability is their biggest attribute defensive now liability from liability standpoint. Defensively, you got two of the best guards in the pick and roll versus our Horford, who we've seen struggle and defensively in the pick and roll. You know Dallas is going to exploit that and go at that and go at that.
Speaker 3: Now, what I think we're all.
Speaker 1: Anticipating is Dallas switching every I mean, excuse me, Boston switching everything. What I anticipate is Boston switching everything and stay home.
Speaker 3: When our Horford comes.
Speaker 1: They're going to switch everything with Al and then I think they'll sent a double team.
Speaker 3: That's what I kind of expect. Now, will that.
Speaker 1: Necessarily happen, I don't know, we'll see, but I think we'll be able to expect some of that at some point in the game because they're going to switch. And like you gotta imagine, if they're just switching and lowing up box and eelbows and you got Kyrie and Luca on an island with Al Horford, I can't just see them letting that play out. Like when you get to this level, to this point, you don't get there by just letting things play out. You got to impose your will on the other team. And so I don't just I can't foresee Boston just sitting there and watching how that plays out, like we know how that's going to play out. And then you also think you got Porzingis coming back, which helps defensively. The only problem is he's been out since April twenty ninth, and for some reason, people seem to think like.
Speaker 3: That don't matter.
Speaker 1: And like for a guy who has not played very much, very much, much meaningful basketball at all, and you think he's just going to walk back into the conference finals, excuse me, the NBA finals. I don't quite understand how that's going to work.
Speaker 3: So that's a bit confusing to me.
Speaker 1: From a conditioning standpoint, from a speed of the game standpoint, from a physicality standpoint, this is the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: It is very very very physical.
Speaker 1: Adjusting to the physicality, like I said, adjusting to the speed of everything, adjusting to the way we do things during the playoffs, because the reality is you really haven't played in the playoff, not much elsewhere, and definitely not much this year. So those are some of the things that I think you have to worry about with Porzingis, and like you know, don't overly be relying on him coming back, because that's a tough, tough, tall task that he's being asked to carry out.
Speaker 3: If I am.
Speaker 1: I am literally thinking and believing that I are not believing, I am literally thinking the old Bill Belichick adage, which is make them play left handed. Bill Belichick says that, like, for instance, here, if Randy Moss was your top receiver, Bill Belichick wasn't gonna let Randy Moss bechre. He's gonna double Randy Moss everywhere he went and make you beat him with some other receiver, Like make them play left handed, make them do something else other than what it is that we know they can do and really want to do. And Boston is a very patterned team with all of their sets pretty much to get everyone to their right hand. With the exception of Adam Drew, who is a more dominant left hand driver, everyone wants to get to their right hand. So I'm literally in my mind thinking I have to make these guys play left handed, meaning I know they want to get everything to the right side of the floor.
Speaker 3: Can I force them to the left side of the floor.
Speaker 1: If I'm forcing them to the left side of the floor, my help does not need to be.
Speaker 3: As tight as it needs to be.
Speaker 1: If if they're getting to the right side of the floor to their dominant hands. In turn, if my help does not need to be as compact because they're going to their weaker hands, then I'm allowed to better stay home with shooters. And that is how you take the our Horfords at the game, the Derek Whites at the game. Even Drew Holliday has been shooting the ball lights out off the catch. Peyton Pritchard, you know, that's how you get him out of the series to where he can't play Sam Hauser. That is how you get him out of the series to where he can't play our Horford. Our Horford shoots the lights out of the ball these days, christops Porzingis and shoot the ball. So that is how you get those guys out of the game. By simply making these guys play left handed, I don't have to help as much because they're not as dominant going to their left hands, which allows me to control the three point shooting. We know Boston is a great three point shooting team, and they will look to get them up to negate that we make these guys get to their weaker hands and I don't have to send as much help. And if I can do that gives me a much better chance of competing with the Boston Celtics. So if I'm if, I'm if I'm Dallas, that is what I am thinking from a defensive perspective. From an offensive perspective, yes, we do know Kyrie and Luca can get a switch and they can go at anybody. How reliable is it to just depend on Kyrie and Luca to break someone down one on one every play. If Boston switches and just goes boxing elbows, yeah, you can say it's Kyrie and Luca.
Speaker 3: That's great. How tired are they getting? Right? Because one of a Boston game plan could be like.
Speaker 1: No, We're just gonna make these guys go one on one on one on one, tire themselves out, and then we win it. That could be the thinking that used to be our thinking with James Harden, like Yo, we're gonna let him play one on one on one and cross cross, cross and dribbling, get to the hole and dribble dribble, step back and and like, and we would say like, and he's going to score, and he's going to get here come second half, he's going to be exhausted.
Speaker 3: If you go look at all of those games when we're playing, we.
Speaker 1: Just walk them down in the second half every time, because that is very exhausting. So have to be very careful with that. And what I think number one to negate switching. You need to sprint into pick and rolls. You can't walk into pick and rolls. You sprint into pick and rolls. So the guys have to move, so they can't just pass you off and switch and like bully you and box and elbows and there's nowhere to go if you're spreading into it.
Speaker 3: Now you gotta guy moving. You got your.
Speaker 1: Guy coming off and the defender who's going to be switching coming up from a moving pattern, not just standing there like this loaded up ready for the guy to work.
Speaker 3: And so you gotta sprint. You need to set some screens coming from the bottom of the floor.
Speaker 1: Those also make switches tougher because you can't just jam a person into the screen to switch the screen if it's coming from the bottom of the floor. Referees can see that easier if you're coming from the bottom of the floor and they're just trying to muddy the screens up. So I think you have to screen with pace. And then I also think, which isn't much of like how Dallas' offense operates, but you have to have some cutters, like you have to be willing to send Derek Jones Junior cutting back door out of the corner for the lob. See if that opens up.
Speaker 3: I don't. We haven't seen much of that at all. PJ.
Speaker 1: Tucker cutting out the corner for libs, cutting out the slots, removing guys, removing defenders because if you just stand when a team is going to switch and play box and elbows, it becomes tougher and tougher and tougher and also exhausting. And so you're gonna need to see some cutters, I think to soften the defense up. Yes, to drive will soften it up, but that's what it's built for. So to soften that defense up, you have to make Boston Rethinks switching everything because that is.
Speaker 3: The strength of theirs.
Speaker 1: And if I can immediately show you that that strength is no good here, they have to adjust, and so I think that's got to be the mindset. It's got to be the mindset if you're the Dallas Mavericks. Now in defending the Dallas Mavericks. Though, if I'm Boston, everybody's always like, oh, we're gonna stop Kyrie, We're gonna stop Luca.
Speaker 3: And make the other guys beat you.
Speaker 1: One thinking should be and could be, and if it was up to me, possibly would be is let me actually make Luca and Kyrie beat me. So I'm gonna take PJ. Washing, I'm gonna take Derrick Jones Junior at the game. I'm gonna take Derek Lively at the game. I'm gonna take Daniel Gafford out the game. And now let's just see PJ. Washington beat me. If I got Derek Lively or Daniel Gafford and the dunkle, I'm not stepping up, You're not throwing the live.
Speaker 3: You just gotta make the floater.
Speaker 1: Those lives are energy players, those libs. Get those other guys going. Luca and Kyrie gonna score anyway. Even Joe Mizzoula said that they're gonna score anyway. So how can I take all these other things out the game, not overhelping. I need one of my good defenders to defend these guys good enough.
Speaker 3: I don't need you to stop them. You're not stop.
Speaker 1: Just do a good enough job to make them work really hard. And we need to stay home with the rest of these guys and not let them score, because again, Luca gonna get his thirty, Kyrie gonna get his thirty. And if you got Gafford with ten, twelve, Lively with ten or twelve, Maxi Claver with twelve, PJ. Washington with fourteen, you in trouble. You ain't stop nobody. Do you have a better chance of stopping Luka and Kyrie or do you have a better chance of stopping the other guys?
Speaker 3: I personally think you have a better chance of stopping the other guys.
Speaker 1: So we always get caught up in hell bent into like who's guarding this such and such, and like how they gonna stop him?
Speaker 3: And Luca?
Speaker 1: How you gonna stop Luke. You're not stopping Luca. This the NBA, and Luca's great. You're not stopping Kyrie. This the NBA, Kyrie Grey, But you can stop those other guys, And I think that's what the focus needs to be. If I'm Boston, I'm like, can these other guys beat us? And can these other guys beat me out? Do my other guys? And if I'm Boston, I feel confident in that, and so I think that's the way I would look at it. It's like you not necessarily stopping those two, but I can definitely stop these other guys. And if those two guys can score fifty and fifty, you tip be a had to him and try it again next year.
Speaker 3: But we know.
Speaker 1: Allowing those guys to make players, get other guys involved, knowing they're ultimately going to get back to theirs as a recipe for disaster. And lastly, in this series, I always speak about the game within the game, and the game within the game for me is to watch Luca and JT. Which one of those guys are going to take it more personal?
Speaker 3: That's what matters the most.
Speaker 1: Two Jordan Brand athletes, two guys fighting to fighting to be the face of Jordan Brand, fighting to be the face of the NBA. And here is your opportunity, and who's gonna take it more personal? Who's gonna take it? I gotta win this because this is what I want.
Speaker 3: That's the game within the game.
Speaker 1: It ain't about nobody else, it ain't about Jaylen Brown, it ain't about Kyrie. Which one of those two guys gonna take it more personal and say, this is why I am who I am. This is the next from adding to my resume, and I'm not gonna be denied which one of those? That's the game within the game for me. I need to see that. I need to see them boys on that type of time now. Not being nice. He's standing in the way of what you want. He's standing in the whale what you need. Who's gonna be nasty? Who I will not be denied by any means necessary. That's the game within the game. That's the one I'm watching. And so with all of that being said, that brings us to a prediction. And my prediction personally is I actually think Boston's gonna take Game one because I think it'll take some time for Dallas to get used to that size and that length, the switching, what you're gonna do, what your adjustment's gonna be, Kyrie and Luca to figure out how they're gonna attack that, I think that's gonna take some time. And because of that, I think Boston takes game one. However, I think Dallas figures it out, come back and win Game two in Boston, going back to Dallas.
Speaker 3: One to one.
Speaker 1: I got them going into that place that they've been playing great and taking Game three. I got them then taking Game four with Dallas with a three to one lead. I got Boston taking Game five, and I got Dallas closing it in game six. That is my opinion. I think it's Lucas time. I think Kyrie one another one. I think that experience is going to matter. There's one big question. Everybody's saying, oh, man, Like everybody's like, oh, Luke, JT and JB didn't finish your job before they blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Are they going to do that again?
Speaker 1: I think those boys are way more mature than they were even two years ago. I think they've seen it before. I don't think it's a matter of they're not gonna play well. I just ultimately think Dallas is going to get the job done.
Speaker 3: They're on a magical run. They got all the pieces.
Speaker 1: Dallas is going to have to figure out how to match up with those bigs at times. If I'm them, I'm up at the level of the screen when those guards come off and they start turning that corner. If you set the screen with Alo porzingis and they start to turn that corner and get downhill, start to get downhill, and then I switch it. I got you inside the three point line. If you want to shoot me range jump shots and mix me and the mid range, go for it. Not letting y'all get three's back to those guys and run us off the floor. Dallas and six is what I got. I'm rolling with it. I'm sticking to it. You heard it here. First we shall see who gets one of these things. With that being said, standing in the line of champions, this next conversation is a fun with me obviously growing up in the state of Michigan, obviously having the utmost respect and love for my big homies, my o g's number one Joe Dumar is the orchestrator of the two thousand and four NBA champion Detroit Pistons. But my OG's, my brothers, my big bro chance she tay being ripped.
Speaker 3: This is a touchy one, and you know, she come out.
Speaker 1: And she says, we would have smacked the twenty seventeen words, blah blah, blah. Here's why Steph kn't guard. We could match up with them. Traymond's too small. I've heard that my whole life, forties things later still ain't been proven yet.
Speaker 3: Being blah blah blah, and.
Speaker 1: Like, this is an interesting one because most times, you know, I'm gonna just like take it there, and I got too much, way too much respect for the big homies.
Speaker 3: But nonetheless, this is a.
Speaker 1: Very engaging, interesting basketball conversation that I'm going to take part in. Number One, there's a zero percent chance that oh fourteen can beat us. You know, we were all happy in the state of Michigan to see them win a championship. All everybody else was I love those guys. But if I'm honest, I told y'all Shaquille O. Nill was my favorite player in the world. And so I was a little conflicted with that series because it's the Diesel Man, like the Diesel win an opportunity to win another one, like it's crazy, you know, And so that's Number one, A little conflicted. Nonetheless, the state of Michigan, we were happy to see those guys accomplish it again first time since ninety the Pistols label win the championship, and we were thrilled. Man, that one championship was incredible, and like that one was amazing to sit and call out the champs, like the dynasty. That one was incredible. But we all know how hard it is and how good you gotta be to do it again. And quite frankly, the OG's wasn't good enough to do it again. They was good enough to do the Boston, you know, get to the conference finals again and again and again and again and again.
Speaker 3: And we loved it.
Speaker 1: They was good enough to do to Boston, but they couldn't do They couldn't do what the Duves did.
Speaker 3: It's a reason for that. It's a reason for that. They couldn't do it again and again and again.
Speaker 1: Number One, a young Lebron James came about. I watched that game.
Speaker 3: Was that that game?
Speaker 1: I think I was there when le Bron went for what thirty seven straight or thirty three straight or something of that nature, and just like walk the Pistons down himself. I mean, quite frankly, this championship ring, at least I had to go through Lebron for two of the other ones had to go through Lebron. Bron single handedly destroyed our pistons, and all of a sudden, being on to Chicago, she I think I'll traded to like Atlanta Hawks or something, and Chance went to Denver, and like our pistons, was no longer the pistons that we once knew with the.
Speaker 3: One ring.
Speaker 1: And again, never gonna disrespect my Oh geez, but she is tripping, so let's talk about it. Ah, love the big homie Chance, but Chance can't. Chance can't play with Steph like Chance all Star, great player, Hall of Famer. By the way, congrass big bro again, but it's levels. STEP's one of the goats. Goat you hear me, goat Chahn's can't play with Steph all right, Dean. Rip was absolutely amazing, by the way, still looking forward to Rip getting that Hall of Fame call. I think it's well deserved. I think it will happen. Clay is happening. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Rip.
Speaker 1: What Rip did coming off screens in the mid range and all that stuff was beautiful. Tracy wasn't like that. Clay's one of the best ever to shoot the basketball. So what Rip was doing coming off screens, Clay mastered that. Plus more plus from distance, way more dynamic. I'll give you sixty in three quarters sixty than Dubbs KD and Tay Tay was a great defender man incredible We go on, KD.
Speaker 3: No need to keep talking. Thing next me and Rashid Wallace.
Speaker 1: Rashid is actually one of the most skilled players to play in the NBA, and I know she don't get the credit. A lot to do with technical files and all this, then he don't get the credit to deserve.
Speaker 3: If you talk to.
Speaker 1: Anybody who is around the NBA who know the NBA, Rashie Wallace is one of the most talented skilled players to ever grace the NBA.
Speaker 3: Bar none, no debating that.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to debate it because I actually believe and was able to watch she like skill level on another planet, but like sometimes she was the first option on that sometimes he was the fourth option. You're not gonna be the first option here because that just ain't flying like you ain't just getting ah he too small. Stop it Number one. You gotta move her feet. She can't move his feet. She playing air Force one like hot tops unstrapped. That's because ain't nobody making you move, bro, Like you gotta move like in this game, to my don't matter the rules, No, they matter because in this game you gotta move your feet and them air force ones don't move. You gotta move like you actually come up in guard. We're gonna torture she.
Speaker 3: She the weak link on the defensive end by the way.
Speaker 1: We putting sheet and Rip in all actions guard guard with Stephan Clay, come here, Rip, Rip, don't want to check. I don't rip, don't want to check. I used to listen to Rip talk about checking. Rip don't want to check. They don't want to talk about that part though, God Clay ain't go.
Speaker 3: No, who Rip Garden? That's what we want to see. Who is Rip Garden? Well her rip? Who a you Guarden? Rip?
Speaker 1: Between Rip and she being on the floor that that team can't play. She was a good shot blocker, I'll give it to him, a very underrated shot blocker. But we ain't just going to shoot layups like you gotta check. So rip Rip and she with defensive liabilities when.
Speaker 3: It comes to playing against us.
Speaker 1: So no, I'm not gonna sit up here like some id and come on here and act like I was more.
Speaker 3: Skilled than she'd or block.
Speaker 1: She'd is one of the more skilled players that ever play in the NBA bar none. So I'm not gonna do that. However, she you gotta come check, You gotta come move. You can put in every action, Go go back, Go go bag Joey Crawford to teching because he bullshit and trumps. Go bag and give him a tech because he But that ain't gonna work because it's a it's an ability thing and he can't check. So with two none defenders on the court, teams with two non defenders on the court against us, you can't win.
Speaker 3: You can't. It ain't gonna work. We're gonna pick on you and pick on you and pick on you. Ain't gonna work. So then we get to Ben Ben. Is Ben.
Speaker 1: Ben gonna do what Ben do? But Ben got to come up out that drop too. You put in these actions. You can't just bully us.
Speaker 3: Ben. We moving. You gotta move them guys. Wanna moving? Man?
Speaker 1: You gonna watch them games sixty nine to sixty six final Like what.
Speaker 3: Seventy one to sixty four? What that's not flow?
Speaker 1: Oh well, we played defense, man, We play defense too. The rules are different, the game is faster, the game is better, but stop it that's ridiculous. Come on, she, we loved that one championship though. Shout out to the ogs. She tripping. He know they can't win. Not ain't gonna happen, no chance. By the way, we made y'all brand of basketball is stink.
Speaker 3: We did that.
Speaker 1: So the brand that y'all played to win, we actually like crushed that, like, yeah, you can't.
Speaker 3: Play that way no more. You play that way, you're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: You getting fired, He getting fired, he getting traded, He gonna be out the NBA. That's what we did to that brand of basketball. We did that to that brand right there. Come on, she that ain't never flying. Shout out to the O g Shout out to the four pistols. We love that championship. We love that one ring. That one ring is incredible. Y'all be sounding like Kendrick Perkins and his one ring, Paul piercing his one ring. Shout out to the gods. Though they sit at the table, but it's levels to the table.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 1: When I'm on NBA TV, inside the NBA on TNT, me and Shaq start to show off like this, it's a different club now.
Speaker 3: It's a different club now.
Speaker 1: So you know they champs part of the club, but then it's a different club and you know the O G's they can't sit at that table. They sit at the champ table though. We can't take that away from them, and we love it. Always respect the champion, Always respect the champion.
Speaker 3: Told you all the story about Aaron Gordon.
Speaker 1: Once you win a championship, brother, I'm done, got my respect, Say no more. Yeah you've said that to tell but that one ring she that ain't enough to call the best team ever. You can't call out the best team ever with that one ring. We love y'all though. Shout out to the O G's. Also rest in peace Drew Gordon. Actually from my class I mentioned Aaron Gordon. I'd be remiss if I did not send my love and well wishes to their family. Can't imagine what they're going through, but I just wanted to pay my respects. Drew was an incredible competitor. Like I say, it's from my class in two thousand and eight, my graduated high school class.
Speaker 3: Was one of the top guys in our class.
Speaker 1: Well respect the great basketball player, hard, no as physical as hell. So shout out to Drew Rest in peace, Shout out to Aaron Gordon and the Gordon family.
Speaker 3: Much love and respect to them, sending our condolences.
Speaker 1: In other news, as we spoke about we would get into is the Kennedy Carter and Caitlin Clark situation.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 1: I saw she came out like enforcer who talking about my tweet it's no shot at you. I like the play like it was a for sure bullshit play, like you just run up and chuck the girl.
Speaker 3: But I'm all for that. I'm not the god that's gonna come out here be like you shouldn't do that. No, no, no. But my point was is they.
Speaker 1: Should get an enforcer so that when you do that, somebody come club you, because that's what should happen. Like you don't get to just do something to Steph Curry, I'm sorry, I'll get thrown out eighty two times, like you just don't get the like hit Steph like that. That's not what we're gonna do here. And by the way, Steph gonna stand up for him. Steph, ain't no, ain't no. I can't say the word I want to say, but it ain't nothing. Ain't none of that in my brother blood. He gonna stand up for himself anyway.
Speaker 3: But he ain't. We ain't rolling.
Speaker 1: He ain't gotta do all that, and you ain't gonna do all that because you know what come with that.
Speaker 3: And that's simply what I was saying. Ms. Kennedy. Love what you did.
Speaker 1: I don't love how you went to the press conference and wouldn't answer a question about it. Quite frankly, if you want to understand how this thing goes, I'll give you a little advice. You're gonna take on the villain road. Great love it. You're gonna be that enforce her on your team. Great love it. Can't dodge the question. You go to the press conference, you answer the question. No, I ain't, No, Craig Caitlin Clark, No, no, no, no, you did what you did.
Speaker 3: Stand on it. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I go to the podium, I'm not gonna not answer a question about Rudy Goberrow whoever else.
Speaker 3: Stand on it.
Speaker 1: Stand on that thing't happen with you self, Nurkics. I'm gonna answer the question. You gotta stand on it. Regardless of what your answer gonna be. You cannot hide from the question. Stand on what you did. You can't then run the Twitter like and I said, like, no, no, no, no, no. They had a chance to answer. You ask you a question and you hit.
Speaker 3: Stand.
Speaker 1: Don't what you say, stand, don't what you do. That's my only gripe with what she did. So when you come calling out, we grown we enforce us. Yeah, I'm gonna get a grown ass enforcer to enforce on you if you touch Kaitln Clark like that.
Speaker 3: So to the.
Speaker 1: Indiana fever again, you need to go get you someone with some muscle, somebody that's coming to the defense of Kaitlin Clark. It shouldn't be Kaylyn Clark. Don't tell me, oh she got to be more physical. That ain't her job. Her job is to shoot threees Hey, steph shoot. I wish somebody would shoot. We gonna go there, by the way, don't mean I'm gonna win. Everything may lose, but we gotta go there. You can't just put your hands on him. You can't just run him over like that. I'm sorry, ain't happening. No, it ain't got nothing to do with how tough he is. Stuff is actually one of the tougher people I've ever been around. He ain't going there. Ain't gonna happen. That's why I'm doing That's one of the reasons I'm here not doing that. So to her, Kennedy, who's like and force a week grown, she better hoop, she go hoop.
Speaker 3: That's what she here to do. Hoop.
Speaker 1: Not go back and forth with you because you getting kicked out the game and Kayln.
Speaker 3: Clark getting kicked out the game. That's not an equal trade.
Speaker 1: Don't work, Kayln Clark getting sidetrack focused on you because you do a make a play like that.
Speaker 3: Not an even trade. Don't work. What do work?
Speaker 1: He is though, We got this muscle over here and you about to get put down. That's how it just gotta be. So keep doing what you doing, Kennedy. I respect it. Stand on it. Next time you go to the press conference and you do something like that, don't say, oh my teammates, uh no, how hard, No it's not him, no, no, no, Just stand on what you did.
Speaker 3: Because when Angel.
Speaker 1: Jumped up like, yeah that was playing, we.
Speaker 3: Know that was playing.
Speaker 1: Y'all talked about that and all that, you did it. You followed through with it, So then stand on it. Just don't go to the press conference like I ain't answering no, Kaitlin Carr questions, because then you lose credibility and that muscle and enforcer that you say your teammates respect about you takes a hit because you ain't stand on what you did.
Speaker 3: So there you have it, Kennedy.
Speaker 1: You want to come at the boy uh enforcer who also like it's cool like say, and I saw draymondset enforce like we you don't like see if you're gonna really do this, you gotta like do it like.
Speaker 3: Stand on business at all times.
Speaker 1: Draymond said something and Draymond gonna tweet blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: It don't be like in the.
Speaker 1: Enforcer comment like nah, you got to stand on what you do if you're doing this. And also understand it ain't that pretty always. It's hard and they come with a lot of criticism and you can't start crying about your teammates know you that well, it don't work like that.
Speaker 3: So either you over here or you over there. Pick one in other news or not another news.
Speaker 1: But there's been this huge talk about Stephen A. Smith and Monica McNutt and the comment that she made, and quite frankly, I didn't think the comment was as great as the credit that it got, because like the reality is is I'm sure at some point or another, Steven they has talked about the WNBA, But like, let's not sit in like say, oh, you had the platform three years ago. Like, at the end of the day, this is about TV rating when you have a show. This is about putting eyeballs in front of that TV screen. And like, let's be honest. The WNBA right now is out an all time high. It's a great conversation to have. It's fun TV, it's making waves, it's doing all of that. Three years ago it wasn't making those same waves. So you can call somebody out and be like, you had the platform. I hate when people be like you had the platform to do this, Like one person don't make something go.
Speaker 3: The product has.
Speaker 1: To do that, and I think the product is doing a better job of that. Yes, Kaitlin Clark has something to do with that, a huge part to do with it. You crazy, all the eyeballs Kaylin Clark's bringing. Of course she got something to do with that. Yes, Angel Reeves has something to do with that. You crazy. Angel rees has brought eyeballs to the game. I agree with what Angel Ree said, I don't quite agree with Angel Reese calling for the accolation and flowers for herself. You know, let somebody else go say it. But you know what, I respect somebody standing on what they stand on. So Angel Reese got my respect. Whether you like what she said or not, she's standing on what she's stand on, and I can respect that. Yes, those yes, Cameron Brink has added eyes. Yes, that draft class that just came in has added eyes to the WNBA. They added private flights. We can all say what we want to say. They ain't want Kaitlin Clark walking through no airport. Let's face it. Let's face it, they don't. No, I'm not saying Kaitlin Clark's the best thing since Spider Sight's bread. Quite frankly, you want my opinion, that's Angel Wilson. You want my honest being like best things in Slice Red and WBA to me is as Wilson.
Speaker 3: So I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not necessarily of the mindset that it's all I know. Asia Wilson is great. And by the way, Asia Wilson to me is the American dream come from a two pound household, grew got better, young black girl, had everything against her, made it defeated to beat the odds to become what soon will be known as the greatest player to ever grace the WNBA. That's quite honest in my opinion, I think Asia Wilson is as marketable as anybody in the WNBA. But you have to figure out how to market the product. By the way, go back to the old interviews, I did, you have to figure out how to market the product. So yeah, I'm not gonna sit up here and act like Kaitlin Clark ain't done nothing for the WNBA. That's bullshit. Yes she has, she's going to continue to. No, I'm not of the assumption of it's only her. I think y'all got a gold mine in the WNBA sitting right there, marketable as anybody in Asia Wilson and having figured out how to.
Speaker 3: Make it go. Hey, Asian fault. By the way, he Asian fault.
Speaker 1: Asia got a lot about her that it's as marketable as can be and by the way, soon to be the best WNBA player to ever played, So including that most importantly that So that's kind of where I stand on it. It's like, I don't think the WNBA do a good enough job of marketing their product. I just don't don't do a good job storytelling starting to do better. But let's not act like the starting to do better isn't of the organic nature. That is Kaitlin Clark, that is Cameron Brink, that is Angel Reese, what those girls have brought in this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they getting roughed up in all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I also think it's crazy that the other WNBA players Sean act like they're not roughing them up, like y'all are roughing them up.
Speaker 3: Stand on it. It is what it is. I get it. I get it. Stand on it though, makes for better TV.
Speaker 1: Y'all talk about marketing the product, talk about what we want the product to be. That is great TV. Of course we roughing her up crazy coming in here. Huh, pay your dues. We all have to pay dues. Gotta pay theirs too. I don't understand the hiding like we're not doing that. How dare y'all say that? Yes, y'all are who cares? So it's great, go for it, do it. It sells, and it's how it goes. You coming this lead, you're a rookie. You don't get no respect. You earn that It's been that way, so stop hiding from it.
Speaker 3: Stand on it. Everybody want a duck and hide when it ain't so pleasant.
Speaker 1: All right, learn to market the product because the gold mine that is AGEA Wilson is right in your face.
Speaker 3: Period. I told my.
Speaker 1: Some friends of mine that I wasn't going to respond to this, and she's kind of out Draymond, like.
Speaker 3: Skip, everybody's skipping past Skip Bayless.
Speaker 1: Since Shannon left him, and he comes out and says he'll have me eating out of a palm of his hands if he come on the show.
Speaker 3: I am not coming on your show. Skip.
Speaker 1: I'm going to keep skipping past you, just like everybody else skipped on you, because that show is dead. No one wants to hear you talk anymore. In the words of Richard Sherman, I am better than you. I'm better than you at life. I am just better than you, Skipp and Skip. That's a wrap in this episode of the Draymond Green Show. Skip, you ain't never had one of these, one of these or any of these. Let's see what's that. That's our NBA second team. Oh, what's that our NBA defensive first team. Yes, Kip, we don't respect you you need more people to rap Peace