Speaker 1: My news round up in Information Overload hour eight hundred and nine point one, Shawn, if you want to be a part of the program. In a massive, massive, second, big blow to Democrats. By the way, they're the people that have mastered the art of jerry mandering to try to favor their political odds all over the country. And now it's backfiring because Republicans now have challenged, you know, the dirty tricks that they've been involved in for decades to be blunt. But this is a massive blow. First it was the racial jerry mandering decision by the US Supreme Court and now in a massive blow to Democrats. And I told you this would not withstand judicial review. I told you before is jerry mandering scheme even took place in the Commonwealth of Virginia. That is, it's never going to hold judicial muster because one, they didn't follow the constitutional process and to the wording of it was abusively corrupted by IS. But that's you know, that's that's you know, whatever, it just didn't work. Here's the best part. You know, Democrats burned sixty four million dollars sixty four million dollars on this failed jerrymandering scheme. Of theirs, nearly forty million dollars of it came from the House Well minority leader in name only, Hakeim Jefferies. He actually is very angry that he spent all of his money and they've got no judicial recourse at this point. He put out on x the decision by the Virginia Supreme Court to overturn the will of more than three million voters will not stand. Well, yes, it will stand because they have a process and a rule of law as it relates to constitutional amendments. The Democrats never followed it, and he goes on, over three million Virginia citizens cast their votes in a free and fair election. No, it was it. They didn't follow their own constitution. The state's Supreme Court has chosen to invalidate their voice. This enfranchise them and violate their due process rights. No, the Supreme Court of Virginia said, follow the law, follow the constitution. Anyway, he writes, this decision to overturn an entire election is unprecedented, undemocratic, and it cannot stand. Maga. Republicans have adopted voter suppression as a strategy. This is the same you know Jim Crow two point zero crap that they tried to, you know, claim in Georgia, and then what happened. The next election comes, more minorities voted than in any other election previously held in the state of Georgia. We are exploring all options to overturn this shocking decision. Our fight is not over and just getting started. Please donate here. I mean, it's just it's just not going to fly. But the Democrats, now this is the second massive blow and a huge boost to Republicans' efforts in the midterms. I'm not saying. Look, I don't even think the issues that will impact this midterm election year have actually happens yet. We need to see how Iran unfolds. And then of course the economic growth that we keep seeing the strength and the fundamentals of the economy. Oh shockingly, economic numbers are up again, and this number is up again, and unemployments down again, and GDP numbers are better than expected. I mean, we keep hearing it all the time. It was one big problem right now as gas prices, but as soon as Iran is over, that will come to an end. Also, it's not a small issue for most people. I fully completely understand that. But anyway, you know, you have people predicting that as many as you know, fourteen to nineteen Republican House seats will be picked up because of the Supreme Court ruling. Now we find out Virginia Supreme Court overturn their you know, ridiculous jerry mandering redistricting plan, which was designed even though Donald Trump got forty six percent of the vote in the Commonwealth of Virginia. They wanted to have you know, ten Democratic seats that were saved and only one Republican seat, disenfranchising pretty much half the Commonwealth of Virginia. Anyway, here's the headline in the New York Times. In a huge blow tod Democrats, a Virginia court strikes down the House map. Virginia Supreme Court striking down a measure allowing state Democrats to redraw congressional districts, dealing this significant blow to the party's efforts to keep pace with Republicans in a nationwide redistricting battle. If anyone's keeping pace with anyone else, that would be Republicans now basically played by the same rules the Democrats have played by for decades. Four three decision majority writing the Democratic legislators had put a constitutional amendment to allow for new map before the voters in an unprecedented matter that violated the state's constitution. Oh, Linda, who told this audience that this would happen. His violation irreparably undermines the integrity of the resulting referendum vote and renders it null and void. And you know Democrats were celebrating the results of the referendum, told you was not going to withstand judicial review and scrutiny anyway. Here to weigh in on it, I think probably the most knowledgeable person in the country on it is Ken Couchinelli, former Attorney General for the State of Virginia Commonwealth and Virginia State Senator Bryce Reeves, who also played a big part in this as well. Ken, everything that you said, every argument you outlined, the court validated here about as they should have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they even did it the week when I said they would do it, and the person wrote the opinion who I guessed would write the opinion. So nailed that one. But the most important part is that it came down correctly and undid this really gangst a legislating effort by the Democrat General Assembly to trample the Virginia Constitution and really right that wrong, and they're all screaming about, including the current Attorney General Jent. Oh, you know, three million people voted. The same people asked the Supreme Court to wait, correctly, by the way, for the outcome of the referendum, because that's how over one hundred years of law and precedent in Virginia stood. And so the Supreme Court waited, which they recited in the majority opinion. You asked us to wait, We waited. Now it's over, and we ruled that it was done unconstitutionally, and it was. It was really quite brazen, frankly. And this was just the first case. There was another case coming behind it, equally brazen that included the crazy ballot language that you referenced, Sean, that was included there too. But now we'll never hear that case. Because the referendum was thrown out. You don't need to throw it out twice. And we're going to keep our maps in Virginia that are currently six' five through twenty twenty. Six and given that they spent three or four times as much as our side to then only eeke by with three, points really running A trump arrangement syndrome. Campaign and if they did it in twenty eight you know it would be the election For trump's. Successor SO i just don't think that strategy would, work particularly when so many of their own folks really liked the bipartisan redistricting map that we have In virginia and now we get to keep.
Speaker 1: It Senator Bryce, reeve let me ask you this. QUESTION i want to play for. You Abigail spamberger in twenty twenty, five, Saying, OH i have no plans to read District. Virginia just like every other agenda item she, has she never informed voters before the. Election short Answers.
Speaker 3: No, Certainly, virginia by constitutional has a new redistricting effort that was put in place and.
Speaker 4: First utilized after.
Speaker 3: In the twenty twenty one. Redistricting, Certainly i've been watching with interest what other states are, doing BUT i have no plans to Redistrict.
Speaker 1: Virginia you just flat out wide on pretty much. Everything she didn't inform voters of her. Agenda the result of this has Been virginia are pretty angry at the, governor and she has the lowest approval rating of any governor in.
Speaker 5: Decades, Well, john, first thank you for getting the word out and you did call her, Right AND i also have to say hello and good afternoon to my dear, Friend Attorney General, kuchinelli because if it wasn't for the, COACH i wouldn't be. Here fifteen years. Ago i'd beat a twenty eight year incumbent by eighty six votes on election night in The democrat, district and if it wasn't For Attorney General, kuchinelli they would have stolen that race from. Us So, ken good to have you on the team. Again and as far As Abigail spainberg, Goes you're, right she's a big. Liar i've called her that she had me kicked Off commerce And labor because of The New York times article WHERE i said the only difference between her And mondami Is mondami has the nads to go ahead and say he's a. Socialist And i've been calling her that ever since she's been my. Congresswoman in, Fact General kochinelli's lives in the same seventh, districts So i'm glad it's staying where it. IS i think we got a great shot now to take Out. Benman Eugene, benman who is you, know hates the president and HAS tds as. Well so you, Know virginia is really, uh we've been taking it in a short. Sincession we don't have a. Budget they just or will soon. INDICT i think our Chairman president pro tim And chairman Of Senate. Finance SO i don't know that we'll get a budget out Of virginia. Either but As virginia melts, Down i'm proud to say that some of the justices that we put on, THERE i know one of them worked for The general when he was the ACTING i think they made the right. Decision they ruled on, law and you, know if they would actually read the, law they would understand the series of events that they. Violated and, look we're not the ones that voted to have forty five days of early voting In. Virginia if they didn't have the forty five days early, voting this would be a mute. Thing but they wanted. That, well this is what they got for having it by running this plan. Around you can't break the law in order to change the. Constitution and that's what the justices, Said and so that'll. Hold and it's a great day For. Virginia all, right quick.
Speaker 1: Break huge victory by The Virginia Supreme court today in this power grab attempt By Abigail spanberger And democrats in The commonwealth Of. Virginia more With Ken, coochinelli Former Attorney General Virginia State Senator Bryce reeves on the other side than your calls This, friday coming up eight hundred nine to four, One seawan our number if you want to be a part of the. Program now with Former Attorney general Of Virginia Ken coochinelli And Virginia State Senator bryce Ree he's this Huge Virginia Supreme court victory on this power grab attempt by The democrats as it relates to. Redistricting, sorry they, lose we. Win you, know a lot of people Suggest Ken coochinelli That virginia is a purple. STATE i really see it as a blue. State and one of the reasons is is that all THESE dc bureaucrats have moved into Northern virginia and it makes it, very very difficult the statewide For republicans to. WIN i, Mean glenn youngkin as great a governor as he was the only one by two. Points.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah so you're right about the.
Speaker 6: Cause.
Speaker 2: SEAN i grew up and lived In Northern virginia my whole life UNTIL i moved down toward price in more Central. Virginia and that's a partisan. PROBLEM i, mean the growth Of washington by Both republicans And democrats spending has Polluted Northern virginia. Politically all these big government people move in From, California, Illinois, Massachusetts New york to run this. Government they're big government people And maryland. Stinks so they live In. Virginia they but they keep voting like they're From, California, Illinois, massachusetts and Northern virginia has politically gotten bigger and bigger and worse and, worse and we're probably on the border of purple and blue, Obviously Glenn Youngkin Jason yoris when some seers proved you can win, statewide but you're. RIGHT i, mean WHEN i was part of a, sweep we were sweeping by sixteen, points they were sweeping by. Two and So virginia has gone a long way to the left in the last fifteen to twenty twenty five, years and it has overwhelmingly been caused by the growth in federal government spending that so Pollutes Northern virginia. POLITICS i would go back to the beginning of this, thing AND i recall when they were cooking it up Last. October it really looked like The democrats In virginia kind of held The Washington democrats hostage for money for their campaigns that last. Fall and then of Course washington money came in to fund the referendum and we were out spent about three to. One and now that all that money has now been lit on fire From Washington democrats, perspective so they can't there's going to be a lot of finger pointing here on The democrat side of.
Speaker 1: This we'll give you a senator the last word, Today, well the.
Speaker 5: Last word Is republicans, Win democrats, lose go home crying and their, beer because we're going to pick up our mantle of, leadership continue to. Lead and you, KNOW i would agree With Ken sean THAT i don't ever want to admit we're a blue. State we're, purple and we're going to continue to. Fight we're only down one one in The senate and we're looking at ways to try to pick it, up and we're just not going to yield to the. Left And i'm really proud of the attorneys in my caucus that took this. Up our minority, Leader senator McDougall did a great Job Senator's. Tournament and you, know, Look jeneralkchelli came from the same, body so he knows these guys. Well and let me just say, publicly thank You General kuchenelli for the work you've been doing to help all of us get where we are. Today it's on your shoulders to which we, stand so we'll continue to. Fight And, john thank you for getting the word.
Speaker 1: Out my pleasure and we we would be negligent if we didn't mention the work Of Glenn youngkin And Jason. Miaras they did a great job. Also, anyway appreciate both of you and well. Done congratulations the good news For republicans around the. Country you, Know linda is REQUESTING i play lunatics on the. Program why are you requesting? That you know it's the last half hour on A, friday and you're trying to annoy, me is what you're trying to.
Speaker 4: Do LIKE i, said you do a much better show IF i irritate.
Speaker 1: You, now if you imagine every back room deal that Got Kamala harris the, nomination How democrats pushed out you Know Joe, biden who they said Was jensaki. Herself circle back, said you, know Or Peppermint, patty whichever you prefer THAT i have a hard time keeping up with, him mikel then you must be in really awful. Shape now she's claiming no backroom deals are involved in the democratic nomination. Process ONLY msd AND, c you, know can contradict themselves this. Way, Listen but.
Speaker 7: What is exciting about it is that, you the people out, there get to. Choose there is no thank, god dark room In washington where people sit around they decide here's who the nominee is going to. Be, typically that's not how it. Happens it's not how democracy. Works there's going to be a whole.
Speaker 1: Process which name do you like circle backers Or Peppermint patty or? Both circle back all?
Speaker 4: DAY i Love charlie old. Day you can't take that.
Speaker 1: All day, NOW aoc just building on, her you, know fight the. Oligarchy a billionaire can ever earned their own, money they didn't earn that. Money, well if you create goods and, SERVICES i, mean look At Bill gates for. Example forget whether you Like Bill, gates that don't Like Bill, gates that's. Irrelevant. Microsoft, okay how many of you listening to the program have used in a product over the. Years or think Of, apple how many of you have Used apple products in your? Life, oh nobody's forcing. You nobody can force you to buy these. Products and, yeah the guys that come up with the brilliant ideas to do it become. BILLIONAIRES i love my s. PLAID i don't care That Elon musk is a. BILLIONAIRE i don't care at. All he built a great, car best One i've ever. Driven, anyway here's AT. Aoc we are allowed to have fun while destroying, fascism and then saying we weren't really a democracy until nineteen sixty three sixty, five we were. Apartheid.
Speaker 8: Listen the one note THAT i want to leave us on is we are allowed to have fun while we are destroying. Fascism we are allowed to inhabit, joy and we are allowed to cherish one, another and we are allowed to celebrate our. Victories and in, fact, oftentimes AND i think this is also maybe a cultural, thing the side that is having the most fun often wins.
Speaker 9: That like there's a spectrum of true, democracy, which like you, said black people and Black americans in this country have been building since they were not a you, know broadcare.
Speaker 8: Really a democracy until nineteen sixty, three nineteen, sixties soxactly. Right you, know voting rights and civil rights were we were apart time before.
Speaker 4: Then that's exactly.
Speaker 9: Right it's seventy years old or, so the system eighty years.
Speaker 1: Old you know what she's not. SAYING i by the, WAY i think she's referring to the sixty Four Civil Rights act and the sixty Five Voting Rights. Act Then linda's favorite on that, nauseating hard hitting news show ON Abc, Disney The View. Avanavarro listen to what she, Said rubio is complicit in serving an administration that is, persecuting Torturing latinos and. Immigrants i'm, like you do know that his family's From. Cuba you do know that he speaks Fluent. Spanish, Anyway, LISA.
Speaker 6: I have been hearing the same version of these words From marco for now twenty plus. Years i've Known marco since were wearing our, twenties and it kind of breaks my heart BECAUSE i remember finding him so. Inspiring you, know he just has this aspirational quality to. Him he's incredibly. Eloquent his personal story is so, poignant but it all rings so hollow now for him to say that we live in a country where the color of your skin doesn't, matter where where you came from doesn't. Matter when he has been silently complicit serving an administration that targets, people racially profiles. People you, know it's basically persecuting and Torturing latinos And latino, immigrants is taking away voting rights from The African, americans firing people for the color of their. Skin so it just to, me it's heartbreaking and it's.
Speaker 1: Disappointing, well the worst part of that show is they're not very. Smart, OH i still have a place in my. Heart Whoopy goldberg was always nice to. ME i, know you don't like WHEN i say. That you hate.
Speaker 10: It, actually it's not THAT i hate. It it's just that she has been so. Egregiously she's attacked people in such an egregious manner and so, Unfairly AND i think that's WHERE i take issue with. Her she used to be, funny she used to be, cool she used to be open. Minded now she's some pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Movies back in the day, Too remember when she Did Ghost demimore her.
Speaker 4: SISTER i, mean she was, hysterical you, KNOW i, Mean but now she's just, angry AND i don't.
Speaker 1: Know if it's like it shows That ainsley makes me watch them like good.
Speaker 4: Grief BUT i, Mean i'm Sure ainsley would.
Speaker 1: Agree i'm sure to watch The. Crown did you watch the? CROWDS i thought it would. Be what's THAT i have to say? This during the redistricting argument that we just had over, well the story About virginia even fake NEWS. Cnn maybe you have this. TAPE i don't know if you. Do Harry inton laid out the numbers After indiana's primary rock the world because, they like every other red state now is going back and they're going to redraw their maps because they're going to get rid of racial jerrymandering as per THE Us Supreme. Court and what he found Is trump's approval rating Among republican voters is eighty four, percent right in line with his eighty five percent mark in twenty. Eighteen he, said mag is especially fired, up saying that the sixty percent saying the twenty twenty six midterms are more important than, usual compared to just thirty six percent of NON Maga republicans and seventy five percent OF gop voters say party leaders should Follow President trump's. Lead i'm telling you the only Thing i'm asking of people now BECAUSE i don't think the issues that will impact the outcome of this midterm have. Happened yet we have to finish with the ran that will. Finish the economy is showing every sign of strength beyond anyone's understanding or comprehension, talking you, know well beyond the predicted. Estimates that's WHAT i read every. Day it drives me up a. Wall that's pretty. Interesting, OH i do have an issue for you. Now do you work out a lot every?
Speaker 10: Day every?
Speaker 1: Day every? Day? Okay BECAUSE i saw this thing And i've Read i've read this today and you, KNOW i work out four or five days a, week and it's goals for all as this fitness test for kids now is going to return and they come up with targets for example on. Average And President trump rerovived the decades old exam for public school children this, week calling it an important step and our mission to Make america healthy. Again, meanwhile by the, WAY i don't Think President trump's ever done a push up or a set up in a. Life let's just be blunt.
Speaker 4: Here know about that he went to military. SCHOOL i don't know about.
Speaker 1: That, well that's true he did in military. School good, POINT i stand. Corrected i'll take. That, however they come up with the average move. Targets for, example. Crunches you, know it says that if you're in your, twenties you should do forty, consecutive forty to fifty consecutive crunches in your, thirties thirty to forty in your, forties twenty to thirty in your, fifties fifty fifteen to twenty, five and sixty plus ten to. Twenty, now how many crunches do you THINK i do on any given? Day just take a? Guess one, hundred, okay SO i will do you, Know i'll do it a traditional crunch then or reverse crunch THEN i DO i do it modified because of the condition of my. Neck, unfortunately a v. Up you know what a v up. IS i do them, too, okay AND i do them IN i do them one after another after. ANOTHER i don't take a break in, between AND i do one hundred and fifty a.
Speaker 4: Day you alternate, legs or you do one leg and then the other, leg.
Speaker 1: Which you mean when you do, NO i do two legs. TOGETHER i pull in my legs AND i pull up my body AND i stretch out my. Arms got, it it's it wouldn't be it would not be viewed as perfect.
Speaker 4: Form how it couldn't because that's hard on your.
Speaker 1: Man well that's the THE i actually now just wear a collar When i'm working, out just because to make it easier SO i can keep, lifting BECAUSE i don't want to stop lifting now. Anyway so and then they have they have, THESE i guess standards for push. Ups what do you think they say the average push ups should be FOR i don't, know somebody my age thirty no six to twelve.
Speaker 4: Six and twelve.
Speaker 1: TWELVE i, mean that's ridiculous a twenty year. Old what do you think for a twenty year old they?
Speaker 4: SAY i mean it should be like one hundred.
Speaker 1: Fifteen to thirty o spathetic if you're in your thirties twelve to twenty five and your forties ten to, twenty in your fifties eight to, fifteen in your sixties SIXTH i have no earthly. Idea the dumbest Thing i've ever. Heard, now there are some days Like senze'll, say all, right do your age that means get, down and he screams a me THAT i got to go down further every Time i'm doing push, ups meaning, YOU i just do my age. CONSECUTIVE i do sixty four push ups. CONSECUTIVELY i can do. It it's a pain in the, ass BUT i do. It usually we will do multiple, sets usually forty push. Ups i'll do forty, regular forty, incline forty, decline and then forty more. Regular that's WHAT i usually do every, day and not a lot of rest time in. BETWEEN i might do one other exercise and go back and do more. PUSHUPS i, mean AND i don't Think i'm. Exceptional it'll be very blun with. YOU i, MEAN i do have a decent amount of muscle, mass AND i do know how to defend. Myself not a martial, Artist god. FORBID i mentioned, it but it becomes a meme all over the. PLACE i don't know why people don't like. THAT i want to talk about what's WHAT i like in my life, Anyway John, North Carolina, high how are you Happy? Friday very Happy?
Speaker 11: Friday speak with?
Speaker 1: You how many sit ups and pushups can you do in a?
Speaker 11: Row not many at. All i'm out of, shape.
Speaker 1: Dude you, guys you just just start with if you can only do one or two a, day, fine start, there but then build up an extra one every day and just keep. Going it's not an ego, contest but it would be really good for. You do you walk, Yes ryan walked ten thousand steps a, day very, healthy all? Right and do you eat?
Speaker 11: Well i'm working on it getting.
Speaker 1: Better that means, No so try and eat more, protein Be keto friendly as. Possible that's my advice for whatever it's. Worth But i'm not a, Doctor.
Speaker 11: So what's on my mind WAS i was laughing at THAT aoc interview about the billionaires and you didn't earn that WHEN i WHEN i heard her say, THAT i just started laughing and, said that's nothing but a cheap rip off of When obama told everyone that owned a business that you didn't build that the.
Speaker 1: Government exactly the same. Thing that's a great point by, you so you get extra. Points i'll give you one day off your push up routine for such a great. Observation, okay the Starting, monday you're going to start with however many push ups you can, do it doesn't. MATTER i don't care if it's one and the. Next just every, day try to do one more than the day. Before, OKAY i want you to live a, good, long healthy. Life you need muscle. Mass you gotta have.
Speaker 11: Some, absolutely and On june, EIGHTH i will call into the show and let you know my. Progress all, right.
Speaker 1: COOL i love. That and it's not an ego contest. Here you, know when people work out with, me the first Thing i'll tell them is WHAT i do has nothing to do with what you. Do and if, ANYTHING i just encourage. THEM i don't care where they're starting. At