Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romain Bostik, and Scarlet Fool.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to some of the individual gainers if I may, in today's session, and I'm going to go to Old Dominion Freightline, because this one up as much as just shy of six percent at its highs today, but finishing with a gain of about three point two percent. We did see it among the top gainers in the S and P five hundred and NASDAQ one hundred today. Female Capital Markets raising the recommendation on the truck and company to outperform from market perform, saying the company is set to quote deliver upside when the freight cycle turns. They did the lower their price target to one seventy from one seventy two, So just a slight adjustment there, still implying about a twenty six percent increase from Friday's close. Before this call, stock is still down roughly nineteen percent year to date. Got to talk about Synopsis, right, certainly a name that is your top gainer in both the S and P five hundred and Nasdaq one hundred, finishing the day just shy of a five percent gain. Nvidia invested in two billion dollars in Synopsis as part of a broader engineering and design tie up, according to the company, aiming to infuse its AI computing technology into more industries. So this new partnership involving integrating and Vidia's tools into Synopsis is chip design applications, and the companies will deploy AI agents and work on joint marketing, so that circular financing or just circular deals. It seems maybe not necessarily this one, because I don't think that Synopsis has to buy in Vidia chips. But nonetheless it gets not yet right, it gets a little bit cozier, all right. Door Dash got to mention real quick three point six percent. It was a top gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred. This after Alfred Lynn, a managing partner of Sequoia Capital Operations, the second largest investor in the delivery company, boosted his stake in the firm according to a filing on Friday, and legged Plat, I have to just mention Lego and Plat. I know that's what you chose up sixteen percent today's session. I thought that you would like that. I was assuming you might annoy me later.
Speaker 2: What do they do?
Speaker 3: What do they do their betting company? Oh yeah, they make well, actually they make their supplier to a betting to betting company. So Somni Group International proposed to buy one of its biggest suppliers, that being Legged and Plat and it's an all stock transaction. So yeah, I'm done.
Speaker 4: Bed ding bet bedding, not betting, bed ding, betting, not like.
Speaker 3: Betting, not like betting at the gambling.
Speaker 4: Okay, it kind of took.
Speaker 3: The wind out of my sales. I really thought you were going to like that one.
Speaker 4: Romain, she does it for you, Romance.
Speaker 3: Somni Group temper seely Courchas firm dreams betting businesses.
Speaker 4: Romaine's not saying anything. So I'm gonna go the worst performer in the S and B five.
Speaker 3: Just a little wounded.
Speaker 4: Morderna down seven percent. Shares of vaccine makers fell after vine persad, a top FDA official, set in Amenmo, the agency would place new restrictions on which vaccines hit the market. The decision as the potential to curtail which vaccines are available in medical groups and public health experts have slammed the moves to limit vaccine access, saying they could put millions of lives at risk. Once again, Maderna down seven percent today. Micro Strategy or strategy rather as it's now called mstrs the ticker fell only three point three percent, and I say only because it was down as much as twelve percent. We saw a little buying late in the session watching shares of the company on a day when we saw heavy selling. A Bitcoin strategy did come out and create a one point four billion dollar reserve to fund future dividend and interest payments, which will cover at least twenty one months of dividend payments. Remember this is originally a software company, and the software business doesn't generate enough free cash flow to cover the dividend or interest payments, and bitcoin doesn't pay a dividend, so the question is where would that money come from the company shares lump due to concern then it may be forced to sell some of its bitcoin holdings if token prices continue to fall. And finally, looking at eight hours of Airbus today, the planemaker based in Europe down three point two percent. The company did reveal a quality issue on some fuselage panels of its A three to twenty jetliner, just days after flagging a software glitch on about six thousand of the jets. This is the workhorse, this is the money maker. It's the competitor to the seven thirty seven. George Ferguson over at Bloomberg Intelligence told us that the company could have a problem meeting earnings goals as a result of these challenges, but doesn't think that anyone's can actually get out of the line, which extends just around a decade to actually get one of these A three twenties, So it doesn't see long term impact.
Speaker 1: Let's check in on treasuries, because we did see the entire yield curve shift higher on this Monday afternoon. It was largely a function first of all, at that that sell off that we saw in Japanese debt because of concerns about inflation that then sort of fit into the US because of concerns about Trump's rumored pick to lead the FED, that raise concerns about inflation, and you saw those yields move higher. Also, don't forget you got a huge deluge of corporate borrowing. That's crowding out some of the money that would normally potentially have gone into treasurers.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.