Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through on this Valentine's Think of everybody that you love. All the love in your life, mom or dad, best friends, sisters, brothers, kids, whoever enriches your life through their love, think about them this Valentine's Day. Aaron, thank you for calling. Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who is your Valentine?
Speaker 2: Oh, Delilah, I'm so excited to get to talk to you. My Valentine. Are my four children, my four little ones that I do everything for. I am seven years ago, you know, separated from my husband, been divorced now for four years. And the only thing I wanted really just to be a wife, just to be married, and that really hasn't happened, and I don't see it happening anytime in the near future. And so the past couple of weeks it's really been laid upon my heart that you know, I think I'm just gonna embrace being a mom and embrace you know, making a go at it by myself and enjoy having these children that I have and enjoy raising them. I wanted to tell you too. I pull a lot of strength from you, kind of your journey through love and just becoming a strong woman and just you know, showing your kids that showing them how important that is.
Speaker 1: I can remember, like it was yesterday. I was driving home one night after I had been on the air and taking call after call after call after call from people who were so in love and so happy and so in love, and I was just like, ahh k, I hear one worse stupid and happy person, I'm gonna just throw up. But of course on the air, I had to be so nice. And I was in the car and I was driving home and I just started crying and I cried out to God and I said, I don't understand it. I don't understand. And he said, wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Let's just think about that child and sleep in the backseat of your car that you love more than life. Let's just stop for a minute and think about the blessing I have given you instead of complaining about what I have not given you.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Nack. He was focused on being a mom, and you know, put on my effort and energy into that. And I think that I'm really blessed to be able to do that. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Anie, Hi, Patricia, thank you for calling the Delilah Show.
Speaker 3: I Love Love.
Speaker 1: I heard you had a great story to share with us.
Speaker 4: Well, it was Christmas Eve and we were on the way to my aunt Debbie's house for Christmas with my family, and we needed to stop at Kroger for a couple of things. And my boyfriend said, go away, because I need to buy you a couple of things for Christmas. And I said, okay, you obviously don't want me to see what you're getting. I'm going to walk away, and he stayed towards the front of the store. Well, I walked over towards the bakery, and I was looking at pies and whatnot to take to the party, and I heard over the intercom the manager, you know how they come on the intercom and attention Kroger shoppers, blah blah blah. Well I just kind of dismissed it until I heard my boyfriend's voice say, Patricia, and then I was all here and he said, will be beautiful redheaded woman in the store, please pay attention. I want you to know that I love you very much, and will you marry me? Please meet me at register three. And I was accid, completely utterly caught off guard. So I walk towards the front of the store and I'm beat red. I know, I can just feel it. And there was just a crowd of people around, and of course I go up to the front at register three and he's standing there with a big bouquet of flowers and a ring. This past Christmas Eve and we decided Valentine's Day would be a great anniversary.
Speaker 5: Happy Valentine's Day to you, Hi, Cathy.
Speaker 6: Hi Delaida. It's such a pleasure to be able to talk to you, tell.
Speaker 1: Me your story.
Speaker 6: I've sent some notes to my my daughter's lunch every once in a while because she likes it when I'm there so to say with her. And for Valentine's Day, I wanted to do something special for it, to let her know that she's loved, you know, And so I I everything that I could make red. I made red, I made apple sauce, red, I made the bread red, and she had peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I cut it in the shape of a heart and hugs and kisses. Because we have cookie cutouts, and she had.
Speaker 1: No, wait a second, backup, how old is your daughter?
Speaker 6: Well, now she's she'll be twelve in a couple of weeks. And at the time she was she was ten at the time, okay, And she's a really good kid. And she's a special kid because I never thought i'd be able to have any children, and fortunately I was blessed and I was able to have her. And she really is such a special miracle to our lives. So I always make her feel that way too. So for Valentine's Day, she was real excited about, you know, the party at school, and she said that she had had a good day. She said, but when she opened up her lunch box, I had stickers all inside her lunch box, you know, the little heart stickers that had little things on them and whatnot. And she opened up her lunch box and she had her heart shaped sandwich, and she had her heart shaped cookies, and then I were a little note in there. Everything was in heart shapes and red. And she came home and she said, Mom, she said, you're crazy. She's a really neat kid. And it's a lot of fun making her feel special, and because she makes us feel really special.
Speaker 1: Hi, Michelle, how are you tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm just fine.
Speaker 1: Tell me who's on your heart?
Speaker 4: My mom?
Speaker 1: Your mom? We're celebrating Valentine's Week and mom is on your heart?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why the story that kind of I remember it all the time, but it really comes to mind around Valentine's Day. About Oh, it had to be about twenty years ago. I was working in an office full of women and they were all either married, dating someone seriously, or whatnot. And they were all talking about the flowers they were going to receive or the big plans they had for Valentine's Day. And I was having a little pity party because I didn't have anybody and thought I was going to be all forever. And you know, my mom is my best friend, so I was kind of whining to her and telling her, you know, my sad story. And Valentine's Day came and I was the first one in the office and I was kind of dreading it because I wasn't going to get anything. And the first delivery of the day, the florists, came around the corner and I said, oh, who's the lucky lady? And he said my name and I said, are you sure? And he said yeah, and he handed me the flowers and when I looked at the card, they were from my mom and dad. My mom had, you know, called and ordered me flowers and you know, wrote a real loving card, you know that said you'll You'll always be loved. And they were just the most beautiful roses I've ever seen before or since then. And it just it meant so much to me for her to do that. She's a great lady, and stuff like that just kind of brings it to mine. When you're one of six, It's like, those are the things that really stand out when you know she can pick you and do something like that when there's so much on her plate.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to be honest with you. I know most people think of Valentine's Day as sweet Heart's Day and romance and kisses. But because my birthday is the following day, my mother always celebrated my birthday on Valentine's So for me, Valentine's has always been about family, about my mom, about my brothers and sisters, about my best friends at school, and making those goofy little Valentine's hearts. It was never about, you know, the romance and the passion and all that stuff. It was always about people that.
Speaker 3: You love, like your mama exactly.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on eight, It's Delilah