Speaker 1: Carry line. She's a queen and talking, so she's getting really not afraid to feel tis so so just let it flow. No one can do we quiet Cary Line. It's sound for Carolne.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back with Dusty Sligh. All right, Dusty Slide is a comedian and you are so hilarious.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're so funny.
Speaker 2: You have such a hard job being a comedian, and you're so good at it. I just think it's like truly the hardest job out there.
Speaker 3: In entertainment in my personal opinion.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: And it's just your rocking.
Speaker 2: You got Netflix specials everywhere coming out your ears.
Speaker 3: You got one already up. Another one's happening, you said.
Speaker 2: July July twenty ninth, July twenty nine. Wet heat, wet heat. Yeah, okay, so y'all tune in Monday and listen to the full episode of Dusty Slay and his amazing life and journey. And now we're gonna draw some questions. Tell me Mark, okay, so which one speak.
Speaker 1: To you a tarot card?
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 1: This one, Okay, you know that was just right out there.
Speaker 3: This one wants to come, so you gotta take oh take them both.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Uh, you meanna read it? Yeah, what's a side of you that own that you own? I can't read that. Uh, what's the side of you that you only show to people that are that you're close with? I don't know if people even understood that question, but uh, I don't know. I mean, I feel like I'm pretty much the person. Uh uh, you know when I do these sorts of things that I am. Uh, but I think I'm you know, I'm pretty serious, okay, And I think that as a comedian, people think that I'm supposed to be joky all the time, but I think I get pretty serious and I like, uh, you know, I like I like classical music.
Speaker 2: Are you just like sitting in your study and at and a charging and hot tea listening to classical?
Speaker 1: Well, it's like on the way here, I had a thirty minute drive for me and I listened to classical the whole time.
Speaker 3: What does that do for you?
Speaker 1: I just think it calms me down. Sometimes it makes me feel smarter, but it also is calming. I get I'll get real fired up at traffic or whatever in the car, and putting on classical really calms me down and you know, and I get pretty artsy with things like comedy. I like, That's why, I don't know. I like to treat comedy like like art and not just jokes, because you know, I've always been a bit of an artist. I used to, you know, draw a lot and make things out of clay and you know, stuff like that. I used to do that in high school and now I you know, since then, I've never found anybody let me use their kiln to fire any clay. But I finally think I'm at a financial place where I might just buy my own kiln and then it gets place. Then I'll start making some stuff out of cloth, and then I'll be at the you know, the farmer's market selling clay things.
Speaker 3: I freaking love it. Yeah, okay, great, Okay, what you got next.
Speaker 1: What's a habit or routine you'd like to get into, you know, I'd like to get into eating better. Right. I do eat pretty good, I think, but this is I have bad digestion, and I'm always dealing with something.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the specific things you eat before shows, so you don't deal with stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I I try to risk it. I don't know what to eat. That's my problem. Right, I'd like to get into fasting more, not intermittent fasting. I'd like to do a stretch of fasting so my body is a fresh starting place and then I can decide what actually my body likes. But this is what happens to me. I go, I'll go through these things where my stomach bothers me and I'm not feeling well. And then so I'll stop eating bad stuff, and then I start to feel better and I live as though I've never had any problems, and I just go, let's eat some stuff. And I'm eating pizza and hamburgers and steaks and candy bars, and I'm like, let's get some ice cream. And then I find myself back in this spot, right, and I'm like, why do I keep doing that? Why is it the moment I feel good? I got well, we can do.
Speaker 3: Whatever we want atnesia.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So I'd like to I wish that I had the habit of being like, hey, care about yourself. Stop doing this to yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you've did a good job of quitting things, and so maybe you're just I told myself, I'm in the same pace. I'm turning forty two, and I got my toxology report back, and I have like super high mold, super high round up a pet side, I have heavy metals, and I was like it kind of started freaking me out.
Speaker 3: So I've been on this Gary Breca train.
Speaker 1: I want to know more about this toxology report. How I get my own?
Speaker 3: Oh it's easy. It's so easy.
Speaker 2: You can just take yourine sample, send it off and they'll tell you everything you have. So now I have created this scary, this whole protocol of things that I need to do and change to get this out of my body. And I feel you it's like a whole overhaul.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean people tell me that they go to other countries and eat like and like sometimes they're talking about people going to South American countries. Most of the time they're talking about going to Europe. But they're like, I'll go there and eat just like I was eating when I was here and I felt great. Yeah, my buddy told me he went to Germany. He's like, I drank beer every day and I lost weight, right I know. And he's like he's like he came back. He lives in New York. He's like I came back and he was like, well, I just I'm just gonna drink beer all the time because I lost all this weight, and he's like, I started just not the same. Yeah, because in Germany they don't have all the preservatives in their beer. And I'm like, that's amazing. I know they're really killing us here. I love America, but they are killing us.
Speaker 3: I know. It's like so true.
Speaker 2: Once you like start get tapping your foot into it and you see all this stuff in the food and the sunscreens. I have arsenic in my body. I was like spraying sunscreen. I tried to get this healthy sunscreen for my daughter, and I'm like, they're freaking.
Speaker 3: Artistic in this.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like you you can't even when you're trying to do good, you're still getting tricked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm anti sunscreen. People get mad at me.
Speaker 3: Mineral sunscreen.
Speaker 1: You know, mineral My wife does because I tell her not to use it.
Speaker 3: But mineral sunscreens, I think, Okay, so.
Speaker 1: She found that and that's the real white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you gotta do the mineral rub in.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think that is the way to go. You gotta go mineral sunn And I'm anti sunscreen.
Speaker 3: Because of the past of the arsenic.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but my wife is like almost one hundred percent Irish. We did these DNA tests, which I'm also against, but I did it anyway. My curiosity got the best of me. And now they've like that company's going bankrupt and so my DNA we have a clone out there. Yeah, but uh truly, But I I you know, I got a mix of things. But she's like her dad told her, she goes, he goes, I can already tell you one hundred percent Irish. And then she got her test back. She was like ninety nine point eight percent Irish. Pretty amazing. So she needs the sunscreen. I think I feel like I just tan. I can burn, but I mainly just tan. Yeah, And I think that, you know, our bodies are are are like the burning is a signal I got. I probably have poison out, but I got I get out there. But I uh, I think our bodies are sending this this signal to go. When you're burning, they go, hey, you've had too much sun. Get out of the sun. Yeah. And then when we put sunscreen on, we're like still getting the UV rays.
Speaker 2: You're saying, like we're not listening. They're saying it's time to take a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're still getting the UV rays. But our people get mad at me when I say these things.
Speaker 3: Though I thought you got to say how you feel and don't really care.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a good thing, but then the the and then so we're like still getting all these UV rays, but we've turned off the alarm system. And they also say the same thing with sunglasses. Now, my wife has blue eyes, and she says she's very sensitive to the to the sunlight, and I don't so, but I think the the you know, you take in light through your eyes, and it lets you know how bright things are and how your body needs to react to it. I feel like there's stuff with all these things. Our teeth that yes, they say, our teeth, they say. Root canals are like the worst thing you can do, because you're you're leaving dead organs in your body, and it's like there's no other you wouldn't you wouldn't go, like if you're appendix, you wouldn't go. Let's shut it down, but leave it in there. Okay, you know, So I had one root canal done, I had it pulled, and then I have a you know of whatever, a fake tooth. But I'm anti root canal. Here in Brentwood, there's a good uh holistic dentist and they'll they hook it up. They don't do root canals.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know you really have to go down a rabbit hole sometimes you do.
Speaker 3: Are you down the whole another apple?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, so I'm so down it.
Speaker 3: I really am.
Speaker 2: I did a detalk challenge with Gary Brecca oh yeah the past three days because I'm trying to learn how to detoks. Oh yeah, so down the hole because like once you go, you're like, oh my gosh, it's like a whole nother Like I'm having to study this. I'm having to teach myself and figure this out because it's amaze and a mystery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a lot of people live in a lot of denial about it that you know. They they don't want to believe that this bad stuff is out.
Speaker 3: There, that it is.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, there is bad stuff, but there's ways that you can, you know, stay away from it for the most part. But they go, oh, everything's bad, and I'm like, yeah, everything is bad. It's all bad, but there are ways that you know, like they say an apple. Now, it's like and this is with all things. But the apple is just an example. Like you have, you would have to eat like eight apples to get the same nutrition that you could get eating one apple, like you know, fish fifty years ago. Because our soil is depleted and it goes on and on. I know, because fertilizers just they they fertilizers came in and they made things much easier. But it strips all the nutrients from the.
Speaker 2: Soil and gets our stick, gets uh round up in our bodies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I used to sell Oh man, I'm so anti pesticides now, and I used to sell that stuff all the time. The only like pesticide I'm still into is like home insect stuff. I'll still spray around my house, but not in the house. Not in the house, but I spray around that the person come and spray. I just buy the bottle and do it myself. Okay, But I'm like, I just you know, I don't want roaches and things in.
Speaker 3: My house, right.
Speaker 1: I feel you on that, So I still do that, but I feel you.
Speaker 3: No, I feel you dusty totally.
Speaker 1: But it's like you know, I don't know. I'm like I've turned real hippie with it. I love animals. And that's why my relationship with dogs is difficult, right because I love them. I don't want any harm to come to them. But but the you don like a dog, I'm not a big fan. You're not a dog person, not real?
Speaker 3: Have you never been a dog.
Speaker 1: Person when I'm as a kid, but you know, we always had outdoor dogs, and I feel like you're not really allowed to have outdoor dogs.
Speaker 3: So you're not really a dog person.
Speaker 1: Not really enough. Really, I don't mind them like dogs like this especially and this in it. Your dog Sugar is obviously very.
Speaker 3: Sweet, but you kind of really don't like him.
Speaker 1: I'm not that into them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, did you ever have a bad experience or you don't know?
Speaker 1: No, not really. I just think that I you know, I lived in Charleston, I live downtown in a city for so long, and I couldn't have an inside dogs. I was always out drinking. Yeah, I just got so far.
Speaker 3: Removed from having a dog.
Speaker 1: And now when like my dad now has like he's gotten really into dogs and cats, and he lets all kinds of animals. He lives on a farm, he lets all kinds of animals into his house. Yeah, and I feel like when I go in there. Now, I have a breathing issue, and I you know, I have to get over it, because I'll fight with my dad if I don't. Okay, but I I just think that that uh yeah, I don't know. I'm not that into it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So you kind of love animals from a far Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: These are all short haired dogs and this I think dogs like this. I don't think they bother me allergy wise at all.
Speaker 2: They're hypologenic and they're not really dogs. They're just like a made up dog in a laboratory who is like they make them perfect, like the most loving, sweetest.
Speaker 1: Dog they really are, I know.
Speaker 2: And Sugar is our rescue. It's her job to protect the house. That's why she takes it very seriously. Yeah, as you know, oh yeah, yeah, she's not gonna let you into this property. That letting you know there is a protector, and.
Speaker 1: I respect it. I don't want to step to Sugar when Sugar's trying to protect the house. Yeah, who am I to step to Sugar?
Speaker 2: I know she's doing her job. Yeah, look she's resting now. She wore herself out, yeah, barking at you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Well Dusty, thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Netflix special coming out, you have one there, you have one on Netflix right now, yep, and one coming out.
Speaker 3: July twenty fifth, July twenty nine, July twenty nine, Das birthday. All right, okay, happy birthday to Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a hot it's called wet heat, and it's a you know's I shouldn't give it away, but it's a joke about you know, this summer in the South. Yeah, I mean yeah, because you go out to Phoenix and it's real hot and you can plain and they go, yeah, but it's a dry heat. And now I get offended by it because you know, like your heat is better than my heat, and I go, oh, it's a dry heat. Huh. Well I like a wet heat, so uh but yeah, and those are out. You can watch both of those. I have one on YouTube too, and you can watch all of those and then come see me live. And I got a whole new hour, so I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, Dusty Slay, thank you so much for joining me. This is awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Bye.