Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with my brother d D the Legend Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good. Game one. You always want to steal that first one. Y'all played good playoff veteran basketball. But y'all did playing Spurts. There was a lull right of dependency where it's like everybody gotta stay aggressive, right, everybody gotta stay aggressive. But great game, man, great defense. I mean, y'all defense was on full display. When you talk about holding, you know, I think it was only a couple people that had double figures on their team. Wasn't Van Fleek and Sagoon man. I was just that was a great playoff basketball game. I just want to see more more aggression on the offensive end, especially from you for sure, you know, especially from you, because like they're throwing you the rock and then it's like all right, Jimmy Butler's steph and then in a wind up in podhands, you know what I mean. So I want to see Moses Moody. He came in some big clutch.
Speaker 1: He did shout out to young Mo Money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta remember y'all play everybody on the on the floor is a playmaker when it's hot like that when they double teaming. But overall, great game. Man, I appreciated my dog. By the way, How are you feeling at the game?
Speaker 1: One? I feel great, man. You know, after the playoffs, you doing everything recovery. I was doing recovery stuff and watching a film til three thirty in the morning, and so I feel incredible. I feel absolutely incredible. And then I got up this morning, got another treatment session in, got you know, some some core work and stuff in in the weight room. So body feel amazing. Man. It's a it's a very physical game, you know what I'm saying, it's extremely physical. But what I will say is I thought our defense was on point. We gave up eighty five points. Where that's what fourteen turnovers, I think fourteen turnovers and twenty two offensive rebounds and we gave up eighty five points. You know, so you gotta feel really great about the defense because this is a great offensive rebounded team like that is that one of their specialties, and so I think, you know, it makes me think back to like Steph Clay Katie them years where like we were the best three point shooting team and teams would come into the game and be like, Yo, we're going to completely take the three away from them, and we would still end up getting three. That's them with offense rebound. We're not going to stop them from getting the offensive rebounds like it's like, But what we do have to do is there were maybe seven of them, eight of them that we get our hands on that you got to have. You know what I'm saying, those are the ones. So all of a sudden, twenty two ain't twenty two and it is fourteen. That's a totally different situation, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I think we can clean up, you know that stuff like that, Some of the turnovers we had, we can still clean up. But holding that team to eighty five points, I don't think we had a great offense to night, you know, So holding that team eighty five points I think was a big deal. I think that's something we can build up on in this series for sure.
Speaker 2: And a team that offensive rebound like that, I think a bit A big counter to.
Speaker 1: That is you get easy layups.
Speaker 2: So being able to fast break get out, like you said, if you can track some of those rebounds, long rebounds get out on the break and the way your defense has been stad fast, it's gonna result. And I mean that's how you get the league, right, that's how you get to twenty. And I think when they start cutting away was offensive rebounds right, offensive rebounds a three, a ten, offensive rebound another three, a tip and you know in the playoffs it's just hard to overcome a lot of that. But this is that teams them all get to the basket, you know, shoot the ball, get on the glass, try and get tip ends, kickouts for wide open shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, they lead at it for sure, so we got to be better at it. But also understanding that that is one of their strengths. They gonna do that well, man taking other stuff away, you know what I'm saying. So that the hell hell of a game though, Bro, that was the hell of a game, Yes it was. It was gonna be a fun series. Before we get into that, remember to subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis so you don't miss any episodes.
Speaker 2: And don't forget to follow us on all social media at Draymond's Show. All right, dumb nation, you know what time it is and you're one hundred and fifty eight playoff of parents and your one hundred playoff win with Steph.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that finish? It's crazy number wonder one hundred and fifty eight playoff games. I just want to give some perspective. At one hundred and sixty four, that will be officially two more seasons of NBA basketball that I've played in playoff games. So I'm gonna clap it up myself with out.
Speaker 2: I gotta give you that longevity is crazy longevity.
Speaker 1: I think I've missed, if I'm not mistaken, I think I've missed one playoff game and that was Game six, I mean Game five for the NBA Finals in twenty sixteen. So I'm proud of that. You talk one hundred wins, one hundred wins with Steph like man, that's that just says so much. And you know, I'm never gonna leave this man out, but I think ninety nine of them is probably with Clay as well, you know, so sinsame man to win that many, that amount of games together. I had that type of longevity. But the finish to that game was crazy. Man. You know, obviously we had a league they you know, they battled back. I think they cut it all the way to two of them, not mistaken, and we just made plays down the stretch. Everybody made plays. I made plays on the defensive end. Jimmy made a couple of plays defensively. Jimmy made plays offensively. He came over some big offensive rebounds. Moses hit two big shots that fade away to put us up seven, and then he hit the three in the corner BP's drive picking up that file. He split the pair on the free throws, but that allowed us to get our dep Fitt set. Obviously we saw what the what the chef chef got cooking. So it was a huge game down the stretch. Man everybody who was in their main plays GP was when he was in their main place. We closed that game all crazy. That was. That was big time, big time closing. Yeah, Outland.
Speaker 2: The fact that you and Jenimy were in sync on defense. What is your assessment on your first real playoff Jimmy basketball game.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy because it feels like we've been playing playoff basketball for longer than one game, just because all these games been so meaningful. But what I will say is he had been saying like yo, I get it just way more aggressed in the playoffs, and he does the shots that he looks to take, that he's looking to get to. It's just a completely different person, you know, the focused level the film, watching the study and the preparation. I'm impressed with the whole thing. But you know, it's good having him out there on the floor because on the court, offensively, we obviously are seeing his greatness, but defensively we're able to play off of each other, you know, and we're able to switch matchups and different things like he can guard anybody like I never you know, he's strong as hell, so he can guard to defend. And now what I will say is, you know, I always thought Jimmy was smart. You know, I didn't know he was this smart. Yeah, he's highly intelligent.
Speaker 2: Anybody who get that many breakaway steals, right deflections, things like that, block shots. He does a little bit of everything else and it goes unrecognized facts.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize he was that smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he understands time space and disruption to the city. And I think that's that's where you and hell, you know, are Yin and Yang for the Warriors defense. Talk about your favorite defensive play from Game one.
Speaker 1: I think my favorite defensive play was it was towards the end of the game, like we had a I had a couple of favorite ones me to sing, going in the middle of the paint where he thought he was gonna throw the body and like standing him up. That was a fun play just because it's a battle way man like tough man. He's he's mobile the shot last night. He was a decent athlete like he and he understands the game, you know what I'm saying. So he's a tough, tough opponent. But then saying that, you know, I thought that one right there just kind of sent the message at that point in the game. That was fun. And then also it's always fun watching Jimmy cum around the guy that they looking to get those steals, and that one he got towards the end where I just outleted it to him for the dunk to kind of put the icing on the cake. That wash that was a good one because you know, it just kind of took away any hope that they had, you know, to make any comeback at that point. So you know, like I said, it was the cherry on top. So that one, that one I enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jimmy talked about he loves organized chaos. How do you how do you all thrive and organized chaos?
Speaker 1: Offensively, we have always had this organized chaos because Steph creates organized chaos, Like you know, Steph does a lot of damage off the ball, and but it's just not like five guys or four guys running around and like all all of a sudden, he just pops open, you know what I'm saying, Like it's organized chaos, Like it's chaotic and it's all over the place. But I think what Steve did when he first got here was he put rules in place. You know what I'm saying, like if this happen, you do this that happened, you make this read. And so it's organized, but it's chaotic because it's not like, oh, he just gonna go that way every time, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's just not how our offense work. Like you may go this way, you may go that way, you may go up, you may go down. Like that's just the way our offense works. And so when he speaks of organized chaos, it's like it's chaotic. It's all over the place, for sure, But there is more organization than the naked I may see, but it's just not organized. Yeah, and so it's it's really yeah, it's it's a reader. It's read and react, you know. It's like it's kind of similar to like if you remember in football, when the West Coast offense got you know, was really big with rib it was like, oh, if the they do this, you run this. Rude, if they do that, you run that route. It's kind of more of that and so and then defensively, it's always been organized chaos because I'll take chances, I'll improvise, you know, I'll do and now you got two guys that will do that, you know, with myself and Jimmy. But the thing is is we don't just take risky chances, you know what I'm saying. We take like control ritis chances and so opportunities. Yeah, for sure, for sure, opportunistic chances. Absolutely. So that's what kind of what jim is getting at it. I agree. I love organized chaos as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that organized chaos on offense. It's so unpredictable. You keep the defense off balance, and I think that is the beauty to to Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: Right, Sure, that's the beauty.
Speaker 2: To Steph Curry, talk about your favorite three pointer. I know you've seen them all, but which one game one stands out the most. No, just in game one, just in this, just in this last game one, because the running thirty footer was sick.
Speaker 1: That was crazy. And then the one he hit over.
Speaker 2: Thompson was even crazier. And he hit Fred with the boom bat that was crazy too.
Speaker 1: But I say the one over Jalen Green, the degree of difficulty, I thought that was Thompson. That was Jalen Green. The one on the right wing where he was falling out of bounce was over That was okay. The one where he came in from the back court was over Thompson, but the one where he was falling out of bounds was over John I thought that was Thompson. Guard. No, I don't know how he got that off. The thing is not problem. He actually work on those shots. Like it's not like, oh man, he's just this great shooter and he get anything to go and like he work on those shots. So I would say that was my favorite one. Like falling out of bounce, that was crazy, But the one over Thompson was so timely and it was so deep. Yeah it was needed, Yeah, it was needed, It was needed. It was time Batman, Batman many.
Speaker 3: The NBA eighty two game grind is done. Now the real fun begins. The NBA Playoffs.
Speaker 1: Love them, they're here.
Speaker 3: Time for drama, clutch moments, Steph Curry, Lebron joh dropping plays.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: If you're looking to make the playoffs even more exciting, DraftKings sports Book as you cover, they're the official sports betting partner of the NBA, playing games all the way to the finals. Now's the time to back your favorite players and teams as they chase glory. So all season long, DraftKings been the go to spot for NBA player props. That doesn't stop now. If you want to make your playoff experience even more intense, try placing a bet in your favorite player's performance. Will they drop thirty, forty, who knows?
Speaker 2: Or more?
Speaker 3: It's your call. If you're ready to place your first bet, download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Takes ninety seconds. Lock in your bets and let's make the playoffs unforgettable. Here's something special for first timers. DraftKings customers that are new bet five bucks. That's it five bucks and get two hundred bonus bets instantly. Just make it a playoff run to remember. With DraftKings, download their sportsbook app takes ninety seconds to codes colin C O L I N, that is code colin. New customers get two hundred bucks in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one on over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co. Slash audio.
Speaker 2: Those another man in the game between you and stack House. It looked like he was trying to calm you down. Can you share what went down in that moment? And then also talk about how significant stack House has been for you this season.
Speaker 1: Stack House has been huge for me just you know, the relatability, and then also like Stackhouse has a crazy presence. You know what I'm saying here, extreme alpha. You know, real alphas respect and appreciate other, real alphas. Yep, He's helped me so much because in a sense, he was a lot like me, and so he's helping me grow from a fifty year old standpoint. That's like, yo, I was young, like and you know, so there are times where like I would say something to somebody during the season and he'll come up to me like, Yo, that was great. Now what you go do is you go build them up and you do that. And I'm like, ah, so, just helping me become a better leader, helping me see things even more from a defensive perspective and offensive perspective, Like stack doesn't do much for our offense. He does a lot of defense, but he's a great offensive mind. Like I talk to him all the time. It's crazy because he'd be like, Dre score. Yeah, he'd be like he said, Dre, I love I love doing our defense like that shit. He's like, but I'm telling you like, I'm the leader on the offensive end too, Dre, and I saw I have offensive conversations with him. And the way he see the game, it's crazy, Like, I think Stackhouse is going to be an incredible head coach in the NBA, and he's going to have to respect the players. Number one, they know he's played the game. Stackhouse. He remind me, Dre, I scored seventeen thousand points in this game.
Speaker 2: Man Like, Yeah, for sure, stack House remind me of Jimmy Butler a lot offensively, Yeah, a lot. Just can get to any spot. Stackhouse was difficult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been a huge shot and some of these people smart, they're gonna be trying to hire him, but I hold down pull him away from us because he great. Now away from us, he there. We lost Mike Brown. That was a huge loss for our coaching staff, but we eventually figured out we got Kenny accident. We lost Kenny the man about to be coach of the Year, and now stack House is great. Man. They can't pull another one away from us. God Clubber time different man. They can't pull a stack away from God. But they're smart. Due they got it school month, he got it. He's a great basketball man. You know what's crazy is like I've heard stories about stack House as a player, the way he recommend respect. It's interesting to watch, like the stories you heard from him as a player. Series you see like where he's serious as hell and where a player could get testing. You watch him back down and it's so important for coaches to like understand when the go and win the back down and like let the player feel like a player. And he got that thing. Man, he understand that thing to a tea. It's been a press to watch.
Speaker 2: I always talk about coaches all about presents, being able to motivate, being able to motivate the players to motivate themselves, yeah, facts, and then be a stabilizer and an information source so when they come to the sideline, you got something for them that's going to make them better or help them win the game. And when you got that knowledge, especially as an offensive weapon that he was, and to be able to go through and be on the Warriors as a defensive coach, I think sky's the limit. But it's good to see more former players, especially from my era, getting opportunities like this, even Bibby taking a head coach job at Sex State getting back into the game because we are I feel our culture and our era is more relatable and have more respect you for this era of basketball because we're not too far off. We could have been the VET, or may have been a VET a while ago. So having former players around that can serve as like you know, big brother mentor, it raises the bar for your basketball intelligence. Pod and Moody stepped up in the fourth quarter big time. Talk about Moody's defensive presence Pod swagger, especially when baden the Rockets and a review on that.
Speaker 1: Play, what do you see from the young fellas man? It was huge from him beating into that play because he knew, he knew where they took off, that our man wasn't there, and you know, so they were like, oh, it's challenging. I think I saw Royal Ivy hop up off the bench fast, like yo. We challenged it, and they challenged it, and it was a key one because they lost that when Steph hit that three, that they lost what they lost their challenge too. And when Steph hit that three that that call could have went either way, you know, so I thought that was huge. But Moses man, Moses has been He's taking that step defensively, like you know, we keep saying, like yo, he going, He's taking it and it's good to see him. The way he's playing on the ball, that changes our defense spent huge and then he obviously what he's done hitting the big shots in the fourth quarter of US it's also huge. But his defense, man, his defense has been incrudible and that's why he's earned the spot. Uh. And then BP BP just does a lot of things. Man. They take charges. He you know, he come up with great rotations, he get rebounds. You know, he hit big shots. You know. It reminds me of Austin Reeves. It's funny they with the same shoe company, but it's like that. Everybody see the white boy and they think they're just going to take advantage of him, and he always just find a way. Man. It's super dope to watch. But both of them young fellas playing well. Man. The one thing I will say is I think this series is gonna turn it Jonathan Minga's favor and it's gonna be good to see him play well as well. But we need the young young guys to play well, and this series is big for sure. Yeah. Hearing Johnathan kamingia name. I'm watching the game.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see if Johnathan kaminga sighting, because I have this feeling that he's ready to be ready to break out and be the difference maker in this series. Talk about what's the work you have to do over the next couple of games, the next couple of days in order to get ready for game two, and what.
Speaker 1: Do you need to improve on from game one to game too. I think just improving on, you know, some of the turnovers we can cut out, some of the rebounds we can take away, you know, I think our defensively we can help each other a little better. But getting ready for game two, man, it's a lot more mental work to physical work these days. You know, Tomorrow I'll get on the court, the shots up, get moving. But doing the mental work, man, it is huge in these playoff series, you know. So that I think that's the biggest thing for us, you know, taking a day away, having those two days in between Worrow we'll have film, great film session. That'll be good for us. Let's go move around the league a little bit before we get out of here. Eight game ones over the weekend, start with the one of the most, I said, one of the biggest upsets. I think everybody was expecting the Lakers to roll in if game one at home. Lucas first playoff game had a huge game. I roll the Timberwalls and it was the exact opposite. The Timberwaves rolled the Lakers. They pretty much dominated the game the whole game. I thought this would be a good matchup for the Lakers and Timberwolves. You know, the Timberwaves match up with them well from a defensive perspective, and so I thought it'd be a good matchup. And it's going to show to be that. Uh, you know, you got Game two coming up. I don't foresee the Lakers dropping the first two at home, you know, so that'll be interesting to watch. But I thought of some good games. Julie is sixteen, five and five. Jaden McDaniel's got off twenty five nine from three, and Man had twenty two to nine and eight. Luca had thirty one thirty seven, but no one else scored over twenty points. Do you still have the Lakers winning series in five? I do, maybe six. I say the Lakers winning six.
Speaker 2: Now, Uh, that game was a bit disappointed watching on the Lakers side. No other player came with any playoff intensity. Usually the Lakers they played, they play defense. They probably themselves on defense steam in playing better defensively as a team. Shout out to the t Wolves. They were stained rolling them the whole game. I thought there was a lull in the game because they was beating the Lakers so bad that when they started letting the Lakers come back in the game. My whole thing with the Tea Wolves is you never want to let your foot off the gas, and I saw that. I saw that in the te Wolves. I saw they got complacent when they were up thirty. They wind up they wind up winning by twenty two and making some plays at the end. But my main concern is, obviously Luca has thirty seven points, but those other guys were starting, Oh it's the playoffs, let me get it. All you need to do is see a couple shots going, and you don't want to Austin Reeves to just be hitting casual threes and get into a playoff rhythm, right or any of the Lakers other players that haven't been playing well. So my thing is watching this series is I want to see how well the t will sustain that level and if they come out Game two with that intensity, that attention to detail, then it could be a different series.
Speaker 1: But I did see a drop.
Speaker 2: Off and their intensity, and I've seen them let off the gas, and that just that concerns me.
Speaker 1: But that's an interesting one because I think I can understand, like you definitely want to never, never want to take your foot off the gas. But what I will say is in this league today, where it may differ a little bit from when you played, from having a twenty point lead these days, it's like having a nine point lead back in the day because teams shoot and the speed of the game, like you can cover twenty points like that. So that's what I will say that I've noticed with a big difference on when I first came into the league and now it's just like comebacks in the league today, they're gonna happen, no question, because it's just it's it's different, man, Like the speed of the game, Like people cover points so fast in this league today. So that's one thing I will say is a little different.
Speaker 2: It was more so they uh the attitude, the inticity, They just kind of like, oh man, we're in LA, like we just we crack it. And then they was like, oh, okay, we are thirty. It was like, let him shoot that. No, don't let him shoot that. Yeah, don't let nobody. Don't let nobody get it rid of it because it's dangerous, right, it's very differ it becomes a dangerous slope. Let's talk about the Knicks. My next tape, fourth quarter twenty one, ohd run Karl Anthony Towns defense. When this game for the Knicks, you pick the piss. Do you think the Pistons can bounce back?
Speaker 1: They had that game, man, I had a great pick man and they unfortunately they it just didn't seem like they were ready for what the playoffs bring. It's their first playoff game, so you got to cut them a little slack. But what they will learn is in the playoffs you cannot blow golden opportunities. And they blew a golden opportunity to go into a team that could struggle with confidence, a bit that they beat three times during the year, or if they won a serious season series against you, going to still game one and you're like, yo, the bad boys back on the block. What that could do for a series is huge. And what I saw, I think they need the playoffs their Stewart More. I also think they need to match or sar Thompson's minutes with Jalen Brunston. When sar Thompson was on them, he was having a tough time other guys on him. They just don't have the size and leticism to affect Jalen. They get the spots, and so I think they need to do that. That's a couple of things that I adjustments that I think the Pistons need to make. But they let it go on an opportunity to get away and saying that the goal is to go win one on the road, and so they still got an opportunity to change that. But Carl Anthony Towns was huge. I thought his defense was great, but the sophomorets defense was great. His attitude was great, and I'm taking credit for that, are you? Of course, Carl Anthony Towns has been a different person since ever since, ever since, I since a different person, and I'm taking bread for that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he has been a much different leader. He was patient, he let the game come to him. He showed another level of Hey, I've been here before, I know what playoff basketball is about. And I think that's how the Knicks caught Detroit on that twenty one oh run. Detroit was playing great intense regular season basketball. There were three quarters, three and a half quarters, ye right, and then all of a sudden you get punched, You get pushed again, you get pussed again, and you turn it around and everybody else getting socked up on your team and you defeated.
Speaker 1: Who I think need to make the biggest adjustment on Detroit to the playoff intensiti is Kay Cunningham saw him driving to the paint a few times and he just went in there like he was just going to get it, and it's like, no, okay, this is the playoffs now, like it's different. So I think he going to need to make the biggest adjustment to the playoff intensity. And obviously him being the top dog, he gotta make it right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think also you got to put him in playoff spots. Yes, he has to figure out his spots, similar to a Jimmy score. Like Kate Cunningham, you gotta put him on the elbow, you gotta put him on the win in ISO situations when you do need a bucket. And he got to know I got to run in here and try and dunk on somebody get a foul. He got to know how to play the clock because there's there's no excuse for a twenty one oh run in the playoffs when you got a superstar like that. So put him in a position where he may get double team he can get to the line.
Speaker 1: But it was really inexperience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in game one on behalf of Detroit, but shout out to my Knicks tape showing up and showing like the Knicks is ready in poise to make a run and they ready for playoff basketball. Moving on, Dame Lillard and ty Reese Halliburn had a back and forth at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: Did you see that? I did see it, And I wonder what Halliburn said because Dame what people don't understand about Davids, Dame got a temper. He just very controlled man. But it's saying that to get Dame to a point where Dame like and whoop your ass, Like you had to say something wild or be picking on somebody that you shouldn't have been picking on because they don't really move like that. Like. So I did see it, and Santa, I am happy that Dave is coming back. So we gonna get to see it. So shout out to Dollar getting back fast, you know, and just you know, blood Cloth were talking health. So happy for Dollar, happy to see him back, and I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Moving right along, our next segment is where you at? First person, Kyle Kuzma twenty one minutes, zero stats, don'tnuts for stats, Kyle Kuzma, Where are you at?
Speaker 1: What you say? Da? He bumps back? Kus is a champion. That's right. That's a tough one to do. Uh here, champion, He'll boss back. Where are you at? All the other players on the Magic, where are you at? Yeah, KCP gonna have to step up. He is the one with the championship experience. Uh So we're gonna need to see KCP step up and then yeah, this has kind of been the problem with the Magic like this is, you know, they need a little more. Who else going to do it? So they're playing the Juggernaut, so this could be a sweet Cole Anthony Black.
Speaker 2: They gotta step up and one of them just gotta take the challenge. You gotta be that third person, all right? Where are you at? Oh my boy? Triple j four points three rebounds to assist once still and god wa.
Speaker 1: Man, let me explain their schedule. They played on the tenth, They played home on the tenth. They flew to Denver the night of the tenth, play at Denver on eleventh, flew back to Memphis, played in Memphis. On the thirteenth, flew to San Francisco, played in the playing game against US. Lost in San Francisco. Flew back to Memphis, played in Memphis. Had to leave the next day to go to ok see them guys were exhausted, man, And where I am at is. I was surprised to see Trips still in the game after the eight min of mark in the third quarter, or anybody for that matter. You knew them guys was fried. That's bad. That's on the coach, that's on the training stat At halftime, they almost threw the tile and y'all running them guys into the ground. That's fake hustle. All right, it's a playoff game. Maybe you go out eight minute mark of the third quarter, all of them guys should have been sitting down. That's where I'm at on that.
Speaker 2: I totally agree. Sometimes you gotta wave the white flag, especially how they got there. If you get blown out like that, it's almost better and losing at the buzzer, yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it hurt more?
Speaker 2: Your body hurt more sitting there and saying up, yeah, But you're sitting there watching the game. You rest and you get to sit a whole half, whole quarter. You know this is not the best I can do. Right, You're getting that, you're getting that break. But to keep having those dudes in thinking that where you gotta go from forty to twenty it was you can you can honestly see that the whole team was tired.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Where are you at? Oh u cla, my boy, Norman pal? Only with twelve points? We need norm to step up? Uh, get more shots or more access to shots? What's your thought on that?
Speaker 1: My thought on that is Normal is the fourth option. Now, I don't know how many points people as shots people expect them to get. You got James, who's the system? You got Kawhi who we know who he is? And Zubos it's the third option. So I think contributing twelve as the four fourth option ain't that bad? Can he do a little more possible? But how many opportunities he gonna have with being the fourth option?
Speaker 2: I think they need to look for Norman Pole. Clippers do a great job of getting to the free throw line anyway. He's just another person who draws a mismatch can get to the line. I think running some sets for him because he can't catch fire, and he can be that swing swing guy on the back end that can knock down to three and get to the bucket.
Speaker 1: But you gotta I think the.
Speaker 2: Clippers need to figure out a way to get that four, fifth, six, some type of flow with those other dudes, because it's very systematized.
Speaker 1: James, then Kawhi, and then Zubab. So who you taking away from though, because somebody take it away from somebody. I don't think Kawhi didn't have a great game though, b he had twenty two points and didn't have a great game. James thirty two, Zubos twenty one. That's what I think. I think points between three guys I think they do. I think they defaulted. I think the Clippers hit the default button and they regress to a lot of James, a lot of Kawhi, a lot of one on one. I felt that they were pressing, they were playing great, they were playing great. That ball need to move a little bit more. I agree. I mean they can move that ball.
Speaker 2: They can move that ball and share, they can share a little bit of that sugar, right with Kawhi making plays, James making plays, and then who is going to be really the third because Zubac is not going to be your third option in this series.
Speaker 1: If you can make Joker have to guard to take some of the way on the offensive ending, you probably want them to be the third.
Speaker 2: But that being the fourth option, to me is better because I need more wings scoring, I need more pressure on Westbrook and Brawn and Aaron Gordon. So having a normal Powell activated takes nothing away from.
Speaker 1: Zubac, don't. I just don't know how many touches you can get for so many guys, you know, like that was the problem with that was the problem with Kawhi coming back. It's never a problem Kawhi coming back, So take that with a grain of salt. But that was gonna be Norm's problem always with Kawhi coming back. It's just that he won't get the same opportunities, but he should. That's my thought.
Speaker 2: I think you get you get Zubak his ten to twelve throughout the course of the game, to wear a Joker down.
Speaker 1: But you gotta activate that. That third score. Zubak is not a score, right, you want him, you want him. He's a great post scorer. It's not a scorer. He's a good post he's a good post player.
Speaker 2: But he's not a like he's not posting enough Joker And and oh, we're gonna load up Zubac and he can probably get us thirty on Joker.
Speaker 1: But if he gets you twenty one and thirteen on Joker, I think that's pretty fucking good. That's really good.
Speaker 2: But you can get the same twenty one and thirteen in the fourth position because you're still getting the same amount of shots or looks.
Speaker 1: I don't think they lost it because Zubox touches. Yeah, they blew the game. Yeah, they blew the game. So that's just having Norman Powell activated umps the Clippers they need they need. Let's see if Norman is up activated next game. I guarantee you one of those three guys is gonna be a drop. We'll watch for that bad. I wanted to get your reactions. Speaking of the Denver Nuggets, they have some towels on their seats and about their playoff run, and they say we believe.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just so somebody gets fired, some original and unriginal.
Speaker 1: Man. Come on, Denver, just call me. I'll give you a slogan. This ain't gonna work. Somebody toll be fired.
Speaker 2: Somebody should be fired. This don't work in Denver. You gotta come up with something from Denver.
Speaker 1: It don't work. People actually still say to us like, yo, we still believe, like we believe. I say that too.
Speaker 2: Always say come on, that's like warrior mantra, like we always we still believe. That's kind of like like we replaced that we believes.
Speaker 1: We still believe. Yeah, yes, somebody should be fired. That's that's that's so much. All right.
Speaker 2: Man, Before we get up out of here, I gotta wait, what moment.
Speaker 1: Well, before you wait, what how about you tell me about this coffee shop that you open, the l a called Oatmeal Radio Cafe. Before we get out, can you tell me about that because into the coffee, say, I ain't know b they was into the talk to me.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, we got the latte, the macha, the London fog drip coffee, uh, and then radio. So you know I'm a big fan of coffee. I'm a big fan of music. So we came up with a concept of a radio cafe. So radio, uh, DJs, music, artists, performance and coffee. So coffee being a centerpiece how we congregate, but music also being that instrument how people relate. So come the Old Mill Radio Cafe. Come catch it by. We got the best lattes. You know, we got the best London fog, the original London fog. We're gonna start calling it the south central fog. You know what I'm saying, the West Side fog.
Speaker 1: Now. But it's cool. It's a lot of artists.
Speaker 2: We do artists, showcase, DJs come through and we enjoying coffee, We enjoying good drinks, good food, good people love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I gotta tresh it out. No dog got on top of that.
Speaker 2: Oak Mill Radio Cafe will be a platform for independent musicians. So you'll be able to go on the platform and see who performing.
Speaker 1: Uh support that music, support artists as well, Steve Start. We gotta get l a excuse me, we gotta get Old Mill Radio Cafe partner with independent masters. We gotta do that. Stout o g right there, Stout you out there, you hear this. Independent artists independent, you know, United mass independent artists. Come on now say no more wait what wait what? Wait what Hey? It's probably one of the biggest wait what we've had all year.
Speaker 2: Nico Harrison damn all the homies. Nico Harrison in his interview. In his exit interview said, I did know Luca was important to the fan base. I didn't know quite to this level. WHOA Do you believe him? I absolutely believe him because.
Speaker 1: I think in his role, in his mind is you know, I understand Nico came from Niken. He hasn't worked in the NBA for a million years, so in his mind and see this, this is where people can get misconstrued with the NBA. People think everyone wants to win a championship. Not true. And when I say everyone, I mean every team, even every player, every coach. That's not true. But so you kind of get these misconceptions of the NBA of like the most important thing at all times is just to win a championship. And I can imagine that that's what Nico's thinking, So, which is why he keeps talking and he keeps saying stuff because in his mind it's like, yeah, but no, this is what I think. It's best for a championship. And if he can simply just say that it be done with it, I think he would, But that's not the day and age we live in. You have to have an explanation for everything. And so what he's struggling with is he made a move that he thinks it's best for them to win a championship, right, that don't really matter to everybody else. And I think that's the lesson that he's learning is that it was an unpopular decision. Exactly, your unpopular decision is what you're gonna be remembered by, because the most important thing in people mind isn't to win a championship. People are fans of who their fans are. Like one of the biggest reasons the NBA is so huge is because people know the players and their fans of these players. I think that's where you know Nico struggling a bit. I think my advice would be, like about four weeks ago, he should have made that his last time talking about Luca and everything else from that point on should just be Luka doncis. What he did for this franchise was great, but we have players here that we need to focus on and it's disrespectful to them to not focus on them, and that should have just been his answer four weeks ago and shut everybody up. But he's keep he kind of you know, I love nico U. He's kind of kept saying things, and it's just keeping the story running. And you gotta let the story die. And it's just like there's no right, like you can't write it, but there's nothing he's going to say that's going to right the ship. So you just gotta like silence it and move on. And I think, you know, maybe in his mind it's like, all right, we get to the end of the year, move on, but people are going to always ask about Luca, and you have to have an answer that's like that's it, I'm done with it, and move on because the story just keep running. It won't die. You gotta be tapped in all sensors.
Speaker 2: When you're running an operational organization, you gotta be tapped in unpopular decision.
Speaker 1: But it was his decision.
Speaker 2: As a general manager to look at the future of the Dallas Mavericks and say, if I have to exchange one piece for the next, what am I getting in return that can get me over the hump one, am I giving away that I'm gonna miss? And so his decision was they would be the biggest team in the NBA. They had the three point shooting and defense is ultimately what lost him the championship. It wasn't offense. But to your point, you gotta gotta move on.
Speaker 1: You traded him. That's what you're gonna be known for.
Speaker 2: And so hopefully Dallas and the team that you're building up has that playoff in that championship pedigree. Or like a reporter asking why he shouldn't be fired.
Speaker 1: That's crazy to ask somebody. He's just why? Why? Why you don't ask somebody? You know the reporters that I don't like. That's the definition of kicking somebody while they down. And like you you you why why shouldn't you be fired? Like like what do you mean? Why should not be fired? Like? What what have you done more than I've done? That you shouldn't be fired? Right?
Speaker 2: That's why stop super Wide. That's clownless, Nico living his peace. Man, let him live in his decision. Nico, empower yourself, move on, make the right decisions for the MAVs, and you got a good fight.
Speaker 1: You gotta They gotta hell of a team in a helopop nation.
Speaker 2: When Kyrie get back and they get one hundred percent healthy, they're gonna be forced to record win and people are talking shit now, but they could be the Houston back in the two seed, back in the three ceed next year.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's a rot from this episode of The Draymond Green Show with the Legends, with all of is Baron Davis, my dog. I appreciate you, brother, love bro good love. Game two. Let's get that victory. We need to get Greedy Space. The volume