Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Sella is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Callum. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her a second date. But first, Bella, how long has it been since you heard from Callum?
Speaker 3: About a week?
Speaker 1: Okay, have you guys, have you reached out to him at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been texting and like trying to set up the second date, but I'm getting nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, why don't you tell us about the date?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So, I mean, like we had a good time. I thought he was genuinely just like a funny guy, just kind. Right, it's hard to come by, just like a good kind guy, not the ones that are like flexing and sending me, like, you know, pictures that I don't want to see.
Speaker 3: And we had a nice I mean it is hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's a when you don't get an unsolicited package, fair, I don't want to all right, So he's not being a creep. That's great.
Speaker 3: We had like a cute date.
Speaker 4: Right, it was like a weak night kind of like Ramen and craft Beers and like a little lot spot downtown.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: He had like a good you know voice, and he just made everything sound cooler. And I'm a big humor person. If they're not funny, like I just can't do it. And he had the perfect sense of dry humor. And he also was like engaging, you know, asking thoughtful questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds awesome, But what do you think could have been the problem?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like, so when I get nervous, like especially i'm excited, which obviously I was, I tend to, like you know, my stutter.
Speaker 3: Comes out a little bit. And I was ordering and I was like, you know, at the ramin, I'm like, hey, could I have some extra chili oil?
Speaker 4: So the leader yeah, ok the waters Yeah, the ways that I was joking, so I like panic.
Speaker 3: And just kind of like over explain the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, but like somebody can't go see over that? Do you think that's really why?
Speaker 4: I honestly have no idea. I mean we had good conversations. Like I said, you know, he had me laughing. There was definitely chemistry, so I just you know, I'm not sure you know why he's doing this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, how did the date end?
Speaker 4: We had like a super like long wingering like hug so I think we both enjoyed it, but like there was nothing like that let me leave, like he didn't want to see me again or talk to me again.
Speaker 1: Well, how did he react when you were getting all nervous and stuff?
Speaker 4: He just kind of like looked away, Like I guess you didn't know like how to deal with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you think it was that awkward where that is the reason that he might be ghosting you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, Like I guess it's like I'm super sensitive about it. So it just seems like a little too familiar, like it happened before, right, Like guys, you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: You're super cute, but you know it's like too much when I started.
Speaker 1: But I signed, all right, Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back, and then call him and see if I'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date. Okay, I would love that. All right, we'll get your first day follow up next. If you're just joining us for today's first date. Follow up, Bella is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Callum. So in a few seconds, we're gonna call him and see if I'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her a second date. But before we do that, Bella, why don't you break down your situation for us again real quick?
Speaker 4: So I met this super cute guy on Mona dating apps and we hit it off. I thought the only thing that I could maybe give the reason why you're not calling me back is because I have like a little bit of a stutter, might get excited.
Speaker 1: I really hope that's not right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would suck if that's the reason. All right, are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it. I want to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, I'm asweaking to Callum please? Hey, Callum?
Speaker 1: How are you? This is a radio show. It's called the Jewbil Show. Hi, Callum. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Juble. What's up?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: How's it going good?
Speaker 1: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh cool? Thank you? Yeah, I appreciate it. Man. Well, guess what, callum? Do you know what a first day follow up is?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's why we're on the phone.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: That's the segment where if you go out on a date with somebody and you end up posting them, that person can email us to call you and ask why you're ghosting? And we got an email about you from somebody?
Speaker 5: Okay, any idea that I can guess? Maybe go ahead, take a guess.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you if you're right.
Speaker 5: Uh? Is her name Bella?
Speaker 1: Yes it is. We talked to Bella about your date.
Speaker 2: She said she really liked you, but doesn't know why you're ghosting? Or can you tell us?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, I'm ghosting every to Mike Mike.
Speaker 1: Who's Mike?
Speaker 5: Mike? Uh? I mean every story she started with Mike? This Mike that?
Speaker 6: I mean after a while, I felt like I was the third wheel on the date with Mike.
Speaker 2: Who is Mike? Did she say who Mike is? Or you start about random person named Mike?
Speaker 5: Just a random person named Mike. I sew a friend, but I mean cheer.
Speaker 1: Up a lot, so you don't really even know who Mike is?
Speaker 5: Not really? It was featuring very heavily in the conversation, like much more.
Speaker 6: So than the typical friend. And I guess, I mean it was Mike, so I should try this Robin place. Mike taught me how to use topsticks. Mike, things all look good and green. I mean, just NonStop.
Speaker 1: And you never asked who Mike was.
Speaker 6: I mean I didn't ask her to, you know, explain it. I wasn't trying to, like, you know, make a big deal about it.
Speaker 5: Maybe, but I mean it was.
Speaker 6: It was pretty obnoxious the time dessert dessert came, you know, I was like, she might be paying for this.
Speaker 1: Wait, so did it sound like Mike was somebody she was dating.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I think you were that insecure.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, callum, that's Bella. She's actually on the phone.
Speaker 3: You go through me over Mike.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I forgot she'd be on the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go through me over Mike.
Speaker 5: I mean you made it so like your very personal on earth.
Speaker 3: He's literally just my friend. I was nervous, and I just like was talking too much.
Speaker 5: That's all you said. Quote.
Speaker 6: If Mike were here, he knew exactly how to fix this chopstick splinter. I didn't know whether to laugh or to ask if Mike wanted to be plus one. I mean, it was awkward.
Speaker 5: It was weird.
Speaker 3: You could have asked me who he was instead you like lead to.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's pretty obvious that you were, like, really, you're really into him. I mean, I I was just curious as I'm wondering why it was coming up at all in a date.
Speaker 5: But I mean, I mean he's very super sick. He fixes your attire. Yeah, that's great. I'm happy for you. I mean, it's just are you sure there's nothing more?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know good, Yeah, actually he is. He's just a good person. And I was just kind of, you know, one of you're nervous on a date. He's going to talk about people, and he's one of my people.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he is your person.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean to me, that's kind of what it's like to me. I don't know. I just wasn't really over the top for a first date.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, well, and Mike wouldn't ghost me like you did.
Speaker 6: Uh see. I mean that's what I'm talking about. You're comparing me to Mike. I mean, isn't isn't that kind of weird?
Speaker 3: It's it's not a competition.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't think it's a competition. It's just a matter of what you're choosing to talk about on a first date. I mean, if I sat there and talked about another woman the entire time, I'm sure that you would have had some kind of issue with that.
Speaker 3: Let me know, you didn't text me back.
Speaker 4: You could have texted me back and said, hey, you know it kind of put me off a little bit, and we could have talked about it.
Speaker 5: Why so you can tell me more about Mike. You're not going to get rid of this or you, so, so let me ask it to me really quick. Have you have you ever slept in Mike?
Speaker 3: Okay, this was like ten years ago one time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was a mistake.
Speaker 3: We're just struck.
Speaker 5: Well now I'm picturing if we're doing that, you're thinking Mike would do it this way, might do it that way?
Speaker 3: WHOA?
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, Alan, would you like another day with Bella? Won't pay for it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I don't think. No, Mike's already won this one. I can agree with that.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 3: I told you it wasn't a competition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fine, But I mean the second day for me.
Speaker 3: Good luck whatever, I'm gonna go call Mike and see what he thinks about that.
Speaker 1: Oh, would you first date?
Speaker 4: Fallow up