Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the companies making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greyfell.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's get to some of the individual gainers if I may, in the Thursday session, So let's get to it. Brown Foreman definitely some outperformance there, bottoms up everybody on nine point six percent to the upside, Pernde Richard. I think I'm saying it nice. WELLO, all right, thanks, thanks guys. Exploring a potential acquisition of Brown Foreman, the owner of Jack Daniels Whiskey. As alcoholic drink companies look for ways to consolidate amid an industry down to downturn. Deliberations are ongoing, new certainty that they will result in a deal, but nonetheless, investors certainly got keen on that one. Hey, let's go on over to some of the car rental companies. Tim and I were just talking about it on our n You saw Hurts Global up about nine and a half percent, excuse me, about nine point two percent to the upside. Avis budget again of about thirteen percent in today's session. And this is what's happening. Travelers across the country looking at those lines, being on those lines, are looking for different options, and so they are seeing maybe that they rent a car rather than fly somewhere. Traffic to Hurts Global, their website jumped about fifteen percent this week as customers look for ways around the congestion at US airports. The company has been promoting discounts a last minute reservations in one way rentals, so we did definitely see.
Speaker 1: Hurts up today.
Speaker 3: We also saw AVS as well, up almost thirteen percent. I got to tell you, AVS is up close to I think fifty percent in the month of March, putting it on track for its best months since October of twenty twenty two. So quite a run there. And one more for you. This was of my co host Inmstanebek. I don't know if he uses it, but Oliplex holdings.
Speaker 1: I do not. There you go, I do you wash my hair?
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy about that. Great soaring at a percentage basis. Keep in mind it's about a two dollars stock a two dollars one cent up fifty one percent. Today, Hankel agreed to buy Oloplex Holdings, the haircare brand that developed a cult following its shampoos and other treatments. At the one point four billion dollar deal, Henkel's going to pay about two oh six a share for Oloplex, according to a statement today that confirmed our reporting.
Speaker 1: Do you like it?
Speaker 2: I used to do.
Speaker 4: It was hot for a while anymore then. I feel like there were some nasty reports about it. But I thought the whole thing was that it would like glue together. Your split ends.
Speaker 1: Well, it's based in Santa Barbara. That's all Bailey and I need to know about it.
Speaker 3: I did like it for a while.
Speaker 4: I liked the color, like the golden oil.
Speaker 3: Anyways, some reports about hair I think.
Speaker 1: I think we are supposed to move on now to some of the definers. I know you've thought well on the board and see where we're starting. Oh, look at that sand disc fell by eleven percent today for Nate, I added one at the end. As you're normally you complain about how there's nothing to choose from today, it was like the entire market for you in embarrassment. It's true, it's true. I'm very lucky that we have such a great team in the control room that can all right, yeah, thank you. So sand disc fell today by more than eleven percent. This after well, Google publicized research on new algorithm that could allow more efficient use of storage needed for AI development. So we saw a handful of names move lower on this news. Snap Shares also under pressure today. The EU investigating Snap social network to examine how it verifies users ages and tackles grooming and criminal activities that target underage users. Snap shares finishing just off their lows, but still down ten point seven percent. And here's a really interesting one. This is Miller Nol, the maker and designer of office furniture, fell today by twenty two percent.
Speaker 3: Look at that line.
Speaker 1: I know all day. Well, it recorded earnings late yesterday. I think I think it was late yesterday if I'm correct. The company expects about a one hundred and twenty five basis point hit to growth related to the conflict in the Middle East, lost volume, as well as higher transportation costs from the increase in oil prices. William Blair analysts say that's expected away on EPs during the fourth quarter by about ten cents. Look at this hit down twenty two zero point four percent today. Also, finally, because there was so much lower today, we do have to give a shout out to the mag seven stocks that ended up falling today, which was all seven of them except for Apple, which was barely higher by one tenth of one percent. That A Platforms fell by eight percent just a day after that ruling, or the jury. What the jury found in California and then in Video is down more than four percent, Tesla down more than three point six percent, Katie, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if that's a shout out or it's a poor one out, because that's another ugly line there. Let's talk about the bond market. Another selloff, this time infixed income, and you can see really it was across the curve, the two year yield in particular higher by about eleven basis points. We did get another auction today, this time of seven year notes that also didn't exactly get a warm reception. So that's three auctions this week, twos, fives, and sevens that tailed, So certainly we demand there. So this selloff, I mean, it's cross asset. The only thing that really rose was oil, which has been the dynamic for a while now.
Speaker 3: All right, so let's get to some stories that definitely caught our attention. We have one about Netflix what they're doing. Haven't seen this in about a year, but they're raising subscription prices by as much as two dollars a month. Standard streaming with ads up about a dollar to eight ninety nine per month. That's the first time to maingest a year. Standard plan without ads rose by two dollars. And then you like to live with a premium plan, don't you?
Speaker 1: That's the one where you can watch multiple things at once.
Speaker 3: Right, isn't it? Isn't that your world?
Speaker 4: Why would you want that?
Speaker 1: I think some I think some people what they do is they like I've heard they have different family members in different places. They use a source familiar. But now although Netflix is really cracked down on this, so you here, Netflix is really cracked down on this. Yeah, premium plan climb climbing two dollars to twenty six ninety nine, adding to inflation. That's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: I'm paying more at the pump, and now I'm going to have to have my brother pay more on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Or whoever's Netflix are using, is going to have to pay more for my family members. I pay for Apple music. So that's all I bring to the table.
Speaker 3: I think they I think they started continuing investment, but didn't they just get like two point eight billion dollars in a breakup fee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're going to They are spending a lot of money on content.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Before we go, I do want to quickly bring our attention to another story on the Bloomberg terminal today getting a lot of eyeballs, and that is crypto is entering the mortgage market via basically crypto act mortgages. Better Home and Finance Corp Corporation and Coinbase are launching a product that links digital assets to down payments on Fanny May eligible home loans. I'm really curious what the uptake looks like.
Speaker 1: Here you can pledge your bitcoin as collateral to buy a house at the market peak. I don't see anything that can go wrong. Guys, I don't know about you. Yeah, so you don't possibly. It's just so you don't have to sell your crypto if you want to. You want to hoddle that crypto Bailey forever. It's total. It's an appreciating asset, is what I mean. So they don't sell it right away, No, you pledge it borrowers pledge bitcoin and USDC stable coin its collateral for a separate loan used to fund the down payment, rather than selling those assets to raise cash.
Speaker 3: What could possibly go wrong anyway, but anyday. We like disruption and innovation, so we'll keep an eye on that one.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest found up of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.