Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are once again.
Speaker 3: Your boys are here for the podcast known as The Player's Lounge.
Speaker 2: Verry O time in here, hech Ma Harrison is here.
Speaker 3: I I'm new he Scruggs, and we've got the return of our own Danny McCrae.
Speaker 2: And me say this, man, God is good all the time. God is good. Danny is here.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We're so happy that you hear my brother feeling good.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Yes, listen, I'm excited to be back. God is good. Yes, you put you in the right spot at the right time, on the right talk with people. Thank y'all for the for the prayers and and all that stuff. Man, I felt it appreciate the support.
Speaker 2: You get this thing going all right.
Speaker 3: So I like this, man, it's untucky.
Speaker 2: I like that thread account. I like that, you know, you know my stuff like that.
Speaker 6: That that's that I don't even know what the gut colors clean charcoal like that.
Speaker 5: You're gonna come out roasting me by time.
Speaker 2: Righting now, like get roasty.
Speaker 5: I really do like this. I really do like you alone.
Speaker 7: Man, y'all know you already know you Speranza.
Speaker 5: Uh he little person.
Speaker 3: Is a comboy right Downpas came in, Max.
Speaker 7: That's when they that's when they did that.
Speaker 3: All right, So you guys before pre showed, before we did the players, you guys are saying that we need to watch the Tom Brady wrote on Netflix, Oh you got from a quarterback in the Patriots they got.
Speaker 6: I listen, my my thoughts of Bill Belichick changes. I was waking right because the person like you going to and you know that the players believe that Bill Belichick has some type of personality. I'm sure he gives them a little a little much. But you always see people go on those roasts and there's always one person that bombs and I thought it was gonna be Bill, and Bill went out there and killed it. He had personality, He was funny. Uh he you know, he played along because they gave him a lot of They gave him. They gave him hell, Robert Cramp gave him a little bit the people got Tom Brady, you know, because it was the whole thing about who was the reason for the dynasty. So they went back and forth with that one. Yeah, shout off the Bill man. I got respectful Bill. He went out there this thing. But it was a three hours a straight just laugh out.
Speaker 7: It takes a brave man to get up on them roasts because they will bring everything out. Any type of rumor you had back in the day, cheating halted. They brought it all out. And the man, they held no punches. Everybody got a piece. He's a robber craft because Tom is a good sport to allow them to do that. Three hours of being roasted, I mean I was, you get uncomfortable for personal like literally, you know, three hours of watching him squirm, just it has to be uncomfortable. The best roast that I've seen, though, if y'all get a chance to go check out Michael Irvings roast.
Speaker 6: Yeah snoop Dog on the No, no, no, no, it was Jamie Fox. Jamie Fox did it's yeah, what's the old one? When he was like, I gotta run it back, I gotta run back.
Speaker 3: I'll say this about Belichick and and when I when I was around him in Cleveland, covered the team. They would all the players and even coaches would tell you he's a funny guy. He wasn't giving us any of that. That was reserved and for the people at his orbit and that what you're saying there, I'm not surprised because I consistently have heard that from from the people who were with him and work with him. So all good, So all right, I will check that. I will put it on my list today. Your brave man wear that.
Speaker 6: About the Stars winning in season championship.
Speaker 5: That was in the back of the Bentley.
Speaker 8: You just.
Speaker 7: Come on, dog, you're playing Sha the morning. I was like, you know, I got you know, you know.
Speaker 5: Not for long.
Speaker 6: You know, let's dive into the Cowboys here, and Barry Church as you do, I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Here's a good question, Barry asked this team. Can the defense be dominant without Dan Quinn. Dan Quinn is now the head coach of the Washington Commanders in the NFC East, So I'll let you start, Barry your thoughts.
Speaker 7: I think it's going to be extremely difficult for this team to match their intensity they've had since Quinn has gotten in here. I mean We've all heard from all the players throughout the locker room, especially on the defensive side of the football, how much they love Quin and how much they love playing for him, and they believe in his system. And we saw what happened when players don't believe in your system. The defensive coordinator before Quinn Nolan, players were coming out saying this ain't working, this scheme, ain't doing this, they ain't doing that, And we saw how bad and terrible that defense is. So if your players don't believe in you, it's hard for them to go out there and run through a brick.
Speaker 5: Wall for you.
Speaker 7: So you know, hopefully, you know, with the new defensive coordinator coming in here, he can install that defense and have them believing in it. But I think it's gonna be extremely hard because if you think about it, man, then Quinn got the best out of each and every one of those guys. I mean, look, de Marcus Lawrence turned the clock back the wrong. Bland was out there, you know, leading the league in interceptions. Diggs went from you know, having a couple of picks and getting toasted to man, this guy is a ball hawk out there. The safety is the way he was playing those those safeties are three safeties out there. To me, he got the most out of each and every one of his players, except for the interior of the defensive line, but we'll talk about that a little bit later.
Speaker 5: But the rest of the squad, he got the most out of them.
Speaker 7: And when you believe in a coach like that, you're gonna you're gonna go above and beyond. And that's what that defense was able to do. And I think it's gonna be hard to replicate that, especially on a one year This is well, if it doesn't work out this year, I think a lot of this is gonna change.
Speaker 5: So it's gonna be tough to make sure.
Speaker 7: You know your beliefs and your core beliefs on that defense get installed in these players in just a couple of months and then head into the season. So they're talented. You got Michael Parsons, You got these guys out there, so they're gonna have a talented defense. It's just are the players gonna believe in it when something goes wrong, or they gonna be like, you know what, it's okay, he understands what he's doing up top, or they just gonna do how like they would Nolan and say, man, this ain't working.
Speaker 5: He ain't getting the best out of us. This defense ain't working.
Speaker 7: We're gonna see because this team's gonna need this defense, in my opinion, to be able to go to the.
Speaker 5: Next level in which they want to do.
Speaker 6: The thing for me when you raise the question is I asked a question like what was the identity of dan Quinn's defense, And the identity of his defense was pressure, turnovers and sacks. And when they couldn't get pressure, they couldn't get turnovers, they couldn't get sacks. They were pedestrian, all right. And you found ways to expose this defense. And look for the three years that that he was at defensive coordinator, you saw, like you just said, him bringing out those pieces that you were like, look, I got the best version of Diggs. I'm getting the best version of my safeties. I'm getting the best version of the way that he's using Michael Parsons. But at the end of the day, when what all of this fell apart about was how you operate in the playoffs, and when you get to the playoffs and you go back to those just go back to last season and look at our worst games Buffalo turn on the Buffalo tape.
Speaker 5: When we couldn't get pressure, we couldn't get sacks. Teams exposed us we could.
Speaker 6: We are continuously getting exposed on the back half of our defense, in the front up front, and also on the back half when they get unbalanced. And so when I look at when people ask the question about Mike Zimmer, I say, and replacing dan Quinn, I say, it can't get worse, and no, no, no, Respectfully, what I'm saying is he is not going to change any of those things that made the defense what it was last season, because now I believe Digs is what it is, Bland is what he is. Okay, but how does he get these guys in position now to stop the run? Because that's our achilles hell. We can't stop them when we can't stop anybody dog, it really puts us in a bad way. Yeah, I think the question of can you be dominant under Zimmers?
Speaker 5: Were we dominant last year?
Speaker 6: Like I think at the beginning of the season we felt like generational, generational.
Speaker 5: I remember the story.
Speaker 6: You said, I shout out, listen, I don't and you know I love dan Quinn. I think dan Quinn brought a different type of leadership here where the players following them they brought he brought from swag Dude started playing going out there, they talked a little a little crazy, and they backed it up. You always know you're gonna get the same stuff out of the laws. But like you said, the biggest issue here is do we have the pieces on the interior defensive line to be dominant all right?
Speaker 5: Actually to just be good?
Speaker 6: And our starting defensive line right now is O DIGGI, Zeua Yegg and Mazzie Smith, right, So like when you look at what Mazzie Smith did last year and then you say this guy is going to this is who we're depending on right now, just based off what it was last year. He can get better in the off season, he can get better in training camp, just but just based off what it was last year, we don't we don't think. I don't think that that is going to hold up for us to be able to be dominant like we want to. Dron Bland can play as good as you want to. Trayvon Diggs will be coming off an injury, right We got Overshan coming off an injury, right. So when you talk about being dominant right now, I just want us to be serviceable, like we know that we're going to be able to get pressure in certain situations because Michael Parsons is there d laws there like you know they're going to get their opportunities. But right now, I don't think we can look at the roster and be like, Okay, we are healthy enough one and we have the pieces to be a dominant D defense. I think this is gonna be some patchwork, like crazy, like you're gonna have to ay, where does this guy fit in. You're gonna bring in some more free agents off the street that probably played for Zimmer to see if they can they can help because they know the system. But right now, I think it's passwork. I think you're looking at top fifteen defense, and if you get that, I think you should you should be happy. I think you get top fifteen with with what you got right now, knowing the injuries and people coming off of what they what happened to him last season, and having Mazie Smith play in the interior. Yeah, I think in top fifteen is so no dominant, no dominant to answer that question, no dominant top fifteen.
Speaker 5: I think I think right that you are ecstatic.
Speaker 2: I will just the church say amen to what you said.
Speaker 3: You're gonna, I believe, face three of the top five or top eight rushing teams this year. You not fix this defense. The drafts showed you that you didn't fix the defense up front. As Warren Sapp always says, back don't work without the front. This front right now is a problem. And if I'm having you line up and face the Dallas Cowboys, I'm trying to figure where am I gonna run? Okay, we're running up the middle. Hey, Michael Parsons have fun chasing whatever's up the middle. So that's what you're gonna do. I am concerned about Mazzie Smith. What is the weight gain is he getting back there? He's had shoulder surgery. These things were not addressed enough in my opinion right now to simply say, looking at what Mike Zimmer wants to do, people gonna blame the carpenter.
Speaker 2: But then the carpenter gonna be able to say, what my tools?
Speaker 5: What do I have?
Speaker 2: And so that for me is scary.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to face San Francisco, you have to face Philadelphia twice. Well, if Kellen Wore decided to get it we'll figure that out. You're gonna face Detroit. You've got teams that are gonna want to come and do this. So how do you respond? Have they given Mike Zimmer enough to be dominant?
Speaker 2: Forget that?
Speaker 3: Have you given Mike Zimmer enough to just be competitive when it comes to that? So we shall see. I'm found the same letter play out right now? What I see I don't think so they can get and shootout, so you can do all that stuff. But if this team makes the playoffs, what have we seen the last three years?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 3: You can run on the Cowboys and you can beat them. They haven't fixed it, at least I haven't seen them fix it. Maybe I'll be wrong. They gonna find a way to plug holes. Mike Zimmer put some pixie dust and make some magic happen. But that's a concern for me right now for this football team. When I look at the defense and forget dominant, can you can you figure out a way to.
Speaker 2: Just stop the run?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Because in the critical games we saw them play last year, we saw how they lost against the good teams who could run the football.
Speaker 7: And then you look at Zimmer's defenses. You know when he was in Minnesota, and what is he known for? And sin is what a you known for? Two safety high to saftyhead Harrison Smithy saying they hold them guys are too safeties highs, which means you're leaving the box light.
Speaker 5: That's what he's known for.
Speaker 7: Having those big guys in the middle, the big defensive line just out their gap stopping everything and linebacker's flowing. That's what he's known for this defense. The past couple years under Quinn, they've always had that extra guy in the box and he still hasn't been able to stop the run. Right right, Two safeties back light box with defenders that haven't been able to stop the run.
Speaker 5: To me, that's just not a good formula going forward.
Speaker 6: That's why you bring in the Kendricks, and he bringing the Kendricks because you understand from a linebacker standpoint, and Danny, you've been begging for this. It's a guy that could be tough in the middle and can stop those inside runs.
Speaker 5: You and I feel like you have that.
Speaker 6: And I feel like also with guys getting healthy back there, that that's going to be the importance put on this defense this season.
Speaker 5: You gotta stop it.
Speaker 6: Last season under Quinn the defense was undisciplined at best. You've seen those games where those guys are getting out of their running lanes because they're pad that they're stat padding right. Everybody's hot, boy, chain you want to get out there, you want to get pressure on sax strip, fumble, all of that.
Speaker 5: But then you're seeing the Green Bay game. Okay, get up the field.
Speaker 6: All we gonna do is just run this thing right behind you and pick up those extra yards. And so that's where I think the change for Mike Zimmer coming in and this guy is he's seeing the best of the best, and so's it's not like he doesn't come in with a reputation that you can hang your hat on, because he's that guy that that can tell you back in this year. This year, I've coached guys like Prime Time, I've coached at Charles Hayley. Look, can we just go down the list about like who who were sure about? Let's go if you just go down the list on the defense about hey man, I'm sure that this dude right here is going to have a productive season. The Marcus Lawrence de Marcus Lawrence. Well, I mean if you just start on the corner, Okay, Trayvon Diggs not healthy though, Like so I'm saying when you talk, so you're not sure about Trayvon Diggs, who was probably you know, one of your best players on defense, right, Malle Cooker, Billie Cooker, he's probably gonna he's gonna play how he plays right, so you can so you can count on him. Donovan will You got Donovan Wilson, you can count on him to play how he's gonna play. Then you got Jordan Lewis, right, and.
Speaker 5: Then you got right.
Speaker 6: So now then when you get to the to the to the next level, you got Kendricks Overshan Clark.
Speaker 5: Rick is also part.
Speaker 6: Don't know, I'm saying Kendricks you can depend on, right, So you're talking about this level, what we struggled at was do you Overshan.
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: But that's who they're pegging right to be the guy Mizzie Smith when you get to the to love before.
Speaker 7: That, I wouldn't it was that last year, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: When we play so right now you're just looking at a lot of spaces where you're like a like, I don't you know. You got d Long and you got Michael Parsons. But on the inside. After that, I'm not sure. Then you got Kendricks and then now you're like overshawan Or or DeMont Clark based off what we saw last season, and then the injury, You're not sure there. So right now, the most sure we are as the secondary, which is not the issue.
Speaker 5: That we've had. The issue that we've had is the front seven.
Speaker 3: So before we go to break, I just want to go over the opponents we're talking about, you know, trying to stop the run.
Speaker 2: Baltimore, Cincinnati at Atlanta.
Speaker 6: But who they replaced Joe Mixon with? Was it Aaron It was a good player. It was a good player.
Speaker 5: You know who Aaron Jones was Minnesota.
Speaker 2: It was a good play. It was a good player. Uh, you're at Carolina, You're at Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Coming coming back.
Speaker 2: But overall their identity is running. They go find somebody to run the ball.
Speaker 3: We don't know what the Giants are gonna do We know Philadelphia, They're at Pittsburgh, Okay, not Harris, you know, going on the ball there at San Francisco. They will face Detroit here, you know what that is. You will face Houston here, they got you mix. You will have a home game against New Orleans, Skippy Pete and Tampas coming.
Speaker 5: Here if he's still there, so.
Speaker 3: And then of course you got you got Washington. But just right here, you know we're naming there are there are some there. There's some running teams on the schedule, and it's gonna be pretty clear. You got Bejonne Robinson Atlanta coming in here, new head coach. Okay, hey, let's let's try to run. So some of this stuff is here, and that's when we talk about just being dominant. I go back to, hey, look man, you're trying to beat this team and run the ball. So we'll have to see. We will have to see.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think we made down the room here all dark cloud.
Speaker 3: So let's let's let's look at a positive. Okay, talked about defense. Here's one player that I have a hopeful huh a hope A hope.
Speaker 5: Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I'm just saying, let's have the conversation.
Speaker 5: We'll do that next week.
Speaker 3: Damy mcraig, who's back here. This is playing Slash Team by Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That cover.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wifball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King. Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our SMOOTHI bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 11: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in the heart, either no eye in Blue Star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeirnov knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 5: Home or away.
Speaker 11: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 5: To the players.
Speaker 6: Lounge Country Music Party of the Year is back like never before. The Academy of Country Music Awards returned to the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco on May sixteenth. See the biggest stars in the country in country music and watch Unforgettable live performances. Limited tickets are available now at seek geek dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, heck, Maherrison, appreciate you see.
Speaker 5: Living I was while running the periods like I had to slow that.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, man, I missed the whole sentence on this choice. Go ahead, man, letting again, taking back again, Let's do it again.
Speaker 3: Again, get the collection more time, running back, Let's see you do one more time.
Speaker 2: Places Lands produced by Chris be Appreciate him.
Speaker 3: So talking about the defense, and I'm looking looking for a bright spot, looking for somebody positivity.
Speaker 5: A new bright spot, Yes, okay.
Speaker 3: So along the way constantly talking about player development, and I remember Tom Landry saying by year three we got to see something.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I trying to find Okay, here's a year three guy. I need to find something from this player. I go to the defense, and for me right now, that defensive player Sam Williams, it's gonna be year number three, four and a half sacks last year there's times with Sam look good. Then there's sometimes you go, oh my gosh, what you're doing out here. But to me, as Mike Zimmer takes over this defense and you need someone to step up and Sam Williams last year he complained about playing time. Dreant's Armstrong is gone, Tank Lawrence is obviously getting a little bit older. They did draft another guy it play defensive end section. So to me, I'm looking third year, you need to take this next step. This is your opportunity. I need saying Williams to go ahead and run through that.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 6: The thing about Sam Williams, he has the athletic ability and the talent to be a real dominant well a huge force in the league. We've seen him on special teams. We've seen our athletics. He's running down there playing gunner, which is usually for DB's and wide receivers, making plays black and punts. Now, he does have some of those brain farts sometimes where you like come on man, like in the penalties, like probably being in the right place at the right time. But yes, going in the year three, this is where you want to see him put all that together because you've seen it at each level special team. You see it on defense. You've seen the past rushing, so you know he has it. This is the time for him to get out there and put it all together and you know, make big time plays. Do I have high expectations for him, not to save the defense, but I do expect him to be better than he was last year. So when you when you talk about him being a gunner and DB's and receivers being a gunner, what are those guys' sizes?
Speaker 5: Like you're five eleven six eighty five pounds?
Speaker 6: J goodwell almost I had to run right through that too. For Sam is six and sixty one pound doing that, and they's just showing pure athleticism for him. For me, I look at I look at Sam Williams like I would look at a stock and what can be the return on investment with a guy like this? Like you look at the guys before, they were not performing. All right, four and a half sacks for him in limited time, that's showing that this guy can produce and he has the numbers there and by god, he has the size also to be a guy that you can move around as be a piece for coach Mike Zimmer. So look I think that the return on Sam Williams could be enormous because he's one of those guys that if you put him in a position and he can stop the brain farts. Basically in play bet don't line up outsides, don't jump off sides, don't cost guys at costly times. Man, this is a this is a player in year three that absolutely could help this defense out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm saying Williams can't be that guy, Like you said, the main thing with him is just upstairs, you know, is he gonna be able to stop the brain farts or when he has contained on the outside not to get reached by the offensive lineman and let the running backs get outside or the quarter get outside. Can he be that you know, unselfish player where it's not all about me getting these numbers? Can he do that? I believe so, And he can hopefully take that next step. It's just going to take the right coach and hopefully Zimmer is that guy. But for me, I got to look at a guy Damon Clark to me on that second level, he's got to take that jump and he's got to be the future on that second level for that linebacking corps. You know, we got Kendricks in here, and hopefully he can kind of be that mentor to help him show see help him see things pre snap and posts. Not to let him play a lot faster, because when you looked at it last year, he has all the capabilities athletically, but when you looked at it last year, those guys were getting to the second level and he just couldn't get off the blocks. I mean there was a time and time again where he was getting pushed out the screen. He has that athletic ability and this team needs, especially in a Zimmer defense, with those two high safeties out there, you're gonna have to have somebody on that second level that can control everything wrong sideline the sideline, make sure that when people do mess up, he can be there to correct it. And I believe he has that ability to do so, and hopefully he can with the help and the leadership of Kendricks taking these But as a veteran a white team look as a veteran though, as a veteran, when you when you bring in and Eric Hendricks, you know his reputation, do you think that he at least can be serviceable in this defense to be able to do exactly what you just asked, you know, to help a guy, uh to reach his potential as a linebacker.
Speaker 5: I think he I think he can be serviceable.
Speaker 7: The only linebacker that I've really seen year eleven now and still be really productive is Bobby Wagner, and that guy is a Hall of famer, so to me.
Speaker 5: You know, Kendricks, he was.
Speaker 7: Great early on in his Vikings career, but it's also the same guy I was.
Speaker 6: Shout South Carolina briefly out he can't do it. But I've rarely seen college.
Speaker 7: I've rarely seen, you know, a guy you know, double digits, you know, come into that linebacker spot and kind of reverse to Clark. I've rarely seen it regarding another system, but I've barely seen that's like a running back going into year ten, you know, now, account on him to.
Speaker 5: Be that year five guy. You see what he just did.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm just saying, I don't know.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying. I'm willing to go out on number right now.
Speaker 6: I say, we will have a thousand yard number fifteen Russia.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 6: Number fifteen will be a thousand yard.
Speaker 2: And I didn't and I didn't have too number fifteen?
Speaker 5: That what you mean? Who? Who is number fifteen? Y'all know? Number fifteen is.
Speaker 6: Who y'all talking about? I read the twenty one and switching his number to fifteen. That's what I read. And he's going to go and he's going to be like, I don't have to do it. I don't go here we.
Speaker 5: Go, man.
Speaker 6: Keep now that I seen people saying he was going with fifteeneen twenty one. You can you see them post they posty three.
Speaker 5: Bro I mean sixth something last year? Yeah, sixth something last year he did.
Speaker 6: He wasn't even starting Tony Tony Paul ever fifty yards a game last year and had a thousand know what were talking about? You think it's easy to get that's actually a pretty low bar for starting.
Speaker 7: Running back in the NFN. Yeah, turning next seventeen.
Speaker 5: Six hundred.
Speaker 6: Last year with the New England Patriots, them boys had who was they starting quarterback? That's the daylight save all right? But hey, I got a fresh batch, a fresh batch. All I know is all I know is I'm watching the patri for two games last year and they was just they was worse than the New York giants to where you knew they was giving the ball the Saquan and him and them was out there still figuring out.
Speaker 5: Out of seventeen So York.
Speaker 2: Now that we're doing that, okay, this is this is we're making a bit.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 5: Okay, that were not money.
Speaker 7: Okay, friend, that's it.
Speaker 5: I'm on that though.
Speaker 2: Food and drink.
Speaker 5: So so I go back in there. You have to pay for yeah, yeah, you have to pay for the food.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll take me to the spot where you gotta put not going to the night. You gotta you got a seat, warmer, You got a seat warmer.
Speaker 2: Let's get our second break, come by it up and the break.
Speaker 3: So we need to dive more into this Ezekiel Elliott where two people here at the table believe that we're about to see a resurgence, and two people on the table have questions. We'll do that next right here the players Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The Bowld Unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and Right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, Your order will include a free five Peace skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 5: The press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll look for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Get started at blockchain dot com to the players loud.
Speaker 6: Register now for the twenty twenty four Dallas Boy Youth Football and Dance Camp presented by invisilne Athletes of all skill levels, ages six to sixteen are invited to learn from the best this summer at the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Registered for two or three day camps before May seventeenth, to save twenty five dollars, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash camps. That's your boy, Come on check him out. They all at four Centership. Man, We're not at and T Stadium. So all you know, all North Dallas, all this stuff, y'all come on out. You know they're gonna be sold out. And I'll tell them. Every your church, don't you tell them? Go sign up, but don't be hitting my email talking about can you get and I can't do it.
Speaker 5: I can't do it.
Speaker 6: Man, set you up a brunch date on that day too. Is Danny so understanding and accommodated? All right? So here we go call CPS this year.
Speaker 2: Final segment Ferry Church.
Speaker 5: After this, I got yeah, God, we.
Speaker 2: Are a house divided right now.
Speaker 3: On Ezekiel Elliott, Danny's believing that two hundred carries in a thousand yards.
Speaker 6: You don't have to put it to hun he gonna get just just can we just do a thousand yards? We got to do the number of carries down thousand about it's a thousand yards, all right?
Speaker 5: Thousand yards? Okay? Wow, So I can't believe it.
Speaker 6: And that's and that's that's equal to or more than he got, equal to him money. We're good waiting to be total yards.
Speaker 2: Already?
Speaker 5: Can we do something? So now you marshall faulks once to see just started. It's solid.
Speaker 6: Something happened, so we can so we can't do totally yards? No, can we do anything? So how many total yards that count? This is Russian? You said, Rusty can't rush. That's what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Rushing standing on that. I'm just asking to account.
Speaker 3: No rush, no rushing rushing because you wanted said Tony.
Speaker 5: Pola got he said, don't be myself, believe it legotia fifteen.
Speaker 2: So we got right here, total written down. I wrote it in there.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to be helping me.
Speaker 2: You gotta warming say something every about to get five and five?
Speaker 5: Okay, you get.
Speaker 6: Fined and the receiver that's hell, yeah, he rolled it inky on thousand yards of rushing Danny heck, right here, that's the best.
Speaker 5: I can't believe you what with that?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I was gonna say it recalls you know, like you know, like.
Speaker 5: I know, don't be getting nervous either.
Speaker 7: Tony Pollard better running back at this point in their career.
Speaker 2: Yes, last year, I know what Tony did, but Tony's a better player. So whoa back up? What you a better running back? In my opinion?
Speaker 5: And who.
Speaker 2: You talk about last year? What Tony Paul did that was number eight?
Speaker 6: I just add context to this. You're you're saying Tony Paul is a better running back than Zeke last season?
Speaker 3: Right now, I will tell you I think Tony Poller old last season when they was together, that the previous season when Tony made the probo better running back. Okay, So Tennessee Titans this year, he's over there. I'm telling you. That's what I believe.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: So that's my opinion. Now here's another issue that you have. We don't know who the start the center is going to be. No, we don't know who to start left tackle is going to be.
Speaker 3: We don't we don't we have an idea of what they want to do. Right now, you're talking about putting two rookies out there if the cookies are healthy and ready to go and can can go. But and then Cooper b B, who I like as a draft pick from Kansas State, he's not been a full time center. It was all American, unanimous, all American in Kansas. But that was in the interior position. It wasn't it center.
Speaker 12: So we're talking about asking, you're talking about just just saying, Pam, and there's there's I know who the starting left tap is gonna be, and y'all know who's gonna be, and y'all know the star left guard is gonna be.
Speaker 6: I know what the left side is gonna look like. But can we actlate that we ain't got a guy in the first round? Yes, and we and we and we know that. Before that, we were talking about Tyler Smith moving out the left tackle. They went drafted the left tackle. I think they answered that question for us. Tyler left, brock Hoffman or BB is going to be your center.
Speaker 3: Okay, so starting left tackle, guy who played right tackle in college, now you're gonna kick him out to the left. I'm just saying there there could be I anticipate some challenges they're still rookies, putting two people out here and then had big blind call. I just think that's a lot going on there from an offensive line standpoint, And for a running back who was his two years since he had at least two years he hadn't had a thousand yards Russian and.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna help.
Speaker 5: It's back.
Speaker 2: Same guy, sad guy.
Speaker 5: They let go the stack. Let go it was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: It was a money thing.
Speaker 6: They gave up to me, they gave you know, and and they brought him back.
Speaker 2: Last time he was here. What do we all say, Pollin is a better guy?
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 2: Pollins made the Pro Bowl? But now, okay, somehow.
Speaker 6: That's Holler was no longer here because the last time, the last time, you just said, literally we just went through the running teams, and I said, Satin Parker, he said, well killing Moore, give.
Speaker 5: Them the ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So now you're talking about the last time. It's last play here. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, now Mike McCarthy ground chuck, is he Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Gonna run the ball.
Speaker 6: But the reasons, the reasons why he's gonna run the ball, The reason why he's gonna run the balls because just like you said they young out there on the offensive line.
Speaker 5: You want to let these dudes drop back forty times?
Speaker 6: Knowing that you got all these young dudes out here, are you gonna give my opportunity to go and mush people off the ball, get their feet under the under themselves and get a little confidence and then have somebody who is the hammer who were even looking for all last year.
Speaker 5: The hammer is gonna be back there.
Speaker 3: So now we've established this, there is a bet beverage food and beverage beverage. He got it, he got it, he will will he got the bet.
Speaker 5: So you ain't in the bat. I'm going I'm just struggled.
Speaker 6: But I want to go back to you in the twenty twenty two talking about Tony Poller being better than Zeke.
Speaker 5: Zeke would like.
Speaker 6: You said the hammer two hundred and twenty three carries, and you're telling me Tony Poller gets to come behind that as a change of pace back and you're gonna say he's better than z I ain't.
Speaker 5: Coming understand that.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 6: I get where you're going with and I'm telling you all of those stats combined does not. I'm just saying the facts are Tony Polla did make the Pro Bowl in twenty twenty two. As a change of pace, back now to come fast forward that to tell me right now today that Tony Polla is better than Ezekiel led I don't agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: I believe if you.
Speaker 6: Ask, I'm talking about to complete back, he doesn't. If you ask, does he block better than ze?
Speaker 3: If you ask thirty one general managers today, Zeke, Tony poll.
Speaker 2: Who you taking?
Speaker 3: I believe overall those general managers would tell you give me.
Speaker 6: Twenty Like you said, is that block better than I'm just saying, Tono Waman, it's the same thing. It's a an't thinking at every position. Those are the intangibles, That's what I'm saying. You don't just get an opportunity to line up and just get the ball. He's such a great block and they let him go. Come on with that, man, you don't even believe.
Speaker 5: You better? I think I think had.
Speaker 6: More receiving yards and Tony paulash Ain't there something that's crazy?
Speaker 5: What's the best?
Speaker 6: So got that playing with Mac Jones? Man, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That time, we run out of time, so we need to go ahead and nail us down, making sure we're okay. It is a thousand yards of brushing, yes, Danny and heckma, you guys are pro z on this burying not hitting here over here, okay.
Speaker 2: It is a food and beverage back that is yeah, perfect, we're good, We're good. Okay.
Speaker 5: Y'all thinks he gonna get that many carries? Yeah, I better get ready for some chili. Who ain't gonna be with it though, y'all know who ain't gonna be with At the beginning of the year, he was with gonna until it wasn't working.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be like this, Hey, we're gonna run this power they look, it's a line of scrimmage.
Speaker 6: Black man, you over thereveryone, come on, man over the contract that can't even about taking running back. Advice from the guy talking about Lifty being yeah, surprised.
Speaker 5: You know what else?
Speaker 3: Who else gonna get up in here to get they carry you a number two dudes, okay, spread spreading around.
Speaker 2: It's like gumbo running back.
Speaker 11: Ya.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of cowboy gumbo and.
Speaker 5: The running back.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of one year deals going around there. They're not gonna be risking their jobs on that foolish. It's okay, come on, man, back on the roster, on the field, I form Masze in the backfields, gonna hand it off the hundred lift.
Speaker 2: Watch watch now.
Speaker 5: Okay, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Golly, I love this.
Speaker 5: Then he so much fun like.
Speaker 2: That ended like that, Danny McCrae, Thank you, heck many, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Barry church Well, great job producing today, Chris.
Speaker 2: Everybody here part of this show. This is the Players that I was brought to you by Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.