Speaker 1: This is the Ads with Eddie Judge and Edwin Aroyave. We have a special guest today, another house husband from the Dubai Housewife. Sergio Carao has been married to the Real Housewives of Dubai cast member Caroline Stansbury since twenty one, right twenty twenty one. Their wedding was featured on the first season of Dubai. The two men in twenty nineteen and have a nineteen year age gap. Is that true?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: That's true? Actually, yes, I met Karla when I was twenty four antil it was forty three.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. We have something in common. We both like older women.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's interesting because I can't wait to hear about your take. I know, for me, it's never really faced me the age gap or age difference in all my life. You know, I've dated older women most of my life and to me is just a number. It really is about how you live mentally, physically, emotionally. Right, So it sounds like you have a great connection with Caroline, So Sergio, welcome to our podcast. First off, before we get into the whole Bravo with things, let's get to know you. Better tell us about who surged you is we know a little bit about you. You used to play soccer, and you lived or you were born in Spain, so tell us a little bit about you.
Speaker 3: So basically, well, thank you so much for having me. You know, I'm very happy to be here today, and I'm so sorry for all the ones listening, you know, for what's happening in La is terrible. You know, so basically just about myself a little bit. I grew up in Spain, in a small town next to the capital in Madrid, and you know, start playing soccer when I was eight years old, and then Real Marie knocked the doors off my home at twelve, and I, you know, everything has spit up a by quickly on my life. So it changed everything very earliest eighteen life. So at fifteen I became professional with Real Madrid, and my life I've kind of changed a little bit, you know, because I didn't really have an or my childhood. I you know, I was just playing soccer the night and that continue all the way up to you know, I was lucky enough to train with the first team, so I got to know all the biggest players in the world. Christian Ronald though, you know, some of the biggest ones, so it was an amazing experience. And then from there I kind of moved to the US play a little bit in the US. Before that, I played in Europe a little bit and then but basically I played soccer until I was twenty two and then ended up in Los Angeles because I was going to play soccer there, but at the end, ended up, you know, just kind of like retiring from my professional career as a soccer player. Ended up doing the Masters in International Business focus in Media and Global Communication in UCI New Probid. That's why I actually met Caroline and kind of you know, I met Caroline when I was twenty four and my life changed a little bit. That's kind of very very fast, you know, forward summer ese of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's get into the nitty gritty. Tell us. Do you have any siblings.
Speaker 3: So I have a younger sister, three years younger than me, Sis in Spain. We used to be extremely close. We still do, but you know, because I kind of moved, you know, from home when I was John and I started traveling a lot, so we kind of, you know, we stay a bit distant for a while, but we always keep the connection. I'm very so I'm coming from a very traditional Catholic family, which is very, very different than Caroline because you know, when she grew ups, he went to boarding school at the age of six, you know, and she never really spent time with the parents until eighteen. Me is completely different. You know, I didn't have really any friends. It was only my parents, you know, grew up just you know, my parents that used to drive me every time to training. So it was just a very very close relationship with them. So and with my sister. Well, you know, I remember my dad. My dad used to work in Cicon, Bali, so you know, he used to travel a lot, but he used to just just make trips around my soccer schedule. So he used to pop into places just to see me play. So we we we're very close always.
Speaker 2: How are your parents? Are your parents in Spain still Sergia?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so actually my dad recently just moved to Bali, Indonesia because I'm building a hotel there, so he's he's running the project, so to work with him. Yeah, yeah, So it's amazing. Actually had life tuning too the other way because you know, when I grew up, I used to I mean I still do, but I used to, you know, my dad used to teach me everything. Look after my dad kind of like he used to be the one guide in me life. And now he retired and he's like, look, I it would be a pleasure just to kind of like work for you and and run up one of your businesses. So it's it's fantastic to be honest, and I love it.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious, how did you get into soccer? Why soccer?
Speaker 3: You know, in Spain when you are little, you kind of just you know, or you play soccer, you play tennis, let's say. You know, it's just kind of for those two. And I remember I used to have always a soccer ball here with me. It was just my best friend, you know. I was just taking it out, was you know. And then I kind of so how everything happened. It was I started playing soccering as a small you know, just a team in my village. I was. I remember in a tournament Nike was there, Nike the brand, and they were doing a challenge that was Nike the Chance, which was finding the best soccer player in Spain in each position at the age of twelve. So I started just I got into it. I kind of just passed all the the kind of the tournaments and stuff, and I became the best soccer player on the midfielder on the left side in Spain at thirteen, so that kind of knocked the doors of Real Maday a little bit. And then that was kind of how I got into it. Slowly. Then I went to London with Ramari for a tournament and then slowly, you know, kind of just started with a very basic contract in Drama Ri. It was just one year and then I did very well. I scored I remember sixteen goals that year. There was a guy from the Canary Islands I was used to playing the same position as me, and then the coach just test me and then you know, I did very well that year and then they signed me professional. The year after, I signed five year professional with them professional. I was I was very very young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Sergio, what would you say was your biggest setback in your soccer career and how did you recover from it?
Speaker 3: You know, it's very interesting actually soccer because well people only see the surface, right, so people only see the zero points one percent of the players that they make it. Actually, but I was lucky enough to be there to go through everything and then become professional and trained with one of the biggest players in the world. And then it was kind of like it was taken away from me a little bit because I didn't really have a team, you know, a place in the first team. The second team was closed, so I was in a very tough position in Dramad, so I had to I broke one year contract with Ramri. With was a bit crazy and everybody told me not to do, but I was just not very happy and I I prioritized happiness than you know, money or anything else, and I kind of just broke the contract left Marie. So it was a bit difficult, to be honest, I stay I think like two years without watching any games. It was a bit you know, I suffered a lot when I was little, you know, because you cannot give your whole life to that, and it was kind of you know. I remember I was training with st Ronaldo on a Thursday, and then I broke the contract, and then on a Monday, the market was close, so then I didn't have a team on a Monday. So it was a very difficult moment because I didn't really know what to do. So then the quickest way for me was to move to Iceland. So I went to Iceland to one of you know, Radiably, which was one of the biggest teams in the country, and I played there to stay feed. I had a two year contract there and I stayed five months because it was very cold and it was just not for me. It was a good experience though, you know. So then I kind of use the name I got from soccer just to kind of like travel over and you know, playing different places, and you know, at the end, I ended up moving to the US. Played in New York Cosmos, which was a good experience. Yeah, very good experience, lived in New York. And then at the same time I was getting my masters in my master's my degree international business. So I was just I want to pay the university, trying to do exam. So it was just a bit trying to manage both things and then moving to Los Angeles. But my dad always told me, look, you can be soon, Ronaldo, but you have to have your backup, which is your degree and your masters, you know, because no one really, you know, no one really can't tell what's going to happen. And most of my friends that they were actually huge stars when they were little. They were playing in a Spanish election, so many years they were you know, they were meant to be the biggest thing. All of a sudden they ended up you know, none really make in it. And the guys that were playing with me in the third team of Real mari and they were not actually playing, they were on the bench. They're actually now you know, some of them in the first team, Marie making million. So it's just very unpredictable and very very tough a sport.
Speaker 1: Did your dad have a huge influence in conttinue into soccer. I mean it sounds like he supported you through the whole experience.
Speaker 3: Actually, my dad was the one who told me not to get into it because he was not a big fan. To be honest, he was not really a big fan. And you know, because how it works if you play professional you cannot get a scholarship right in the US if you play professional in Europe. So before getting into Rama Rid, all our planning was to move to San Francisco. I was going to Scure University, you know, just the school and just kind of like move life there. But then Real made knocked the doors very early, you know, when I was, you know, fourteen fifteen, so it was just kind of, oh my god, what do I do? So I just move and stay here, and you know.
Speaker 1: Those are big decisions you got to make at that age five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now you're now you're building hotels. How do you know, how do you go from you know, soccer and now you're still young.
Speaker 2: I mean you're you're not even are.
Speaker 3: You thirty yet? I'm Saturday thirty actually just turned thirty, and.
Speaker 2: Now you're building hotels. So how does that happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm always been very entrepreneurial. You know, I love business, and I remember the first morning I met with soccer, it was just I was just throw, you know, throwing it in places just to try to make things. And this I'm always have like that side a perform soccer, which is just very driven, you know side of me, which I love. So, you know, after I think maybe like the last three years, we've been heavily invested in the real estate here in Dubai and we're actually loving at you know, we're doing lots of one two bedroom apartments and renovated and stuff. Right after Kobe, we went to Bali and we actually tried to build a hotel here and it was just a bit tough to get the land. We had like some problems, you know, we say no to Dubai. So we went to Bali summertime two and a half years ago.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: I just saw the market. It was super interesting, you know, they are wis where, you know, very attractive, and I said, look, let's just try to build a villa for a well selves here. And then slowly the villa got into maybe a bigger real a bigger villa. Now it's kind of like a small little boutique hotel.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's kind of like yeah, yeah, but it's like a fun it's a fun project. You know, it's like a dream. We always wanted to have something that, you know, it's just like a place where you know, we're just gonna go the summers there. I wanted to find a reason to go to Bali because we love the island, you know, so this is kind of like the reason.
Speaker 2: Nice and tell me.
Speaker 4: So, you know, obviously good looking guy soccer player young, you know, you're probably thinking, you know, most people that have those that all that stuff going for him are probably not thinking to get get married. That that young, and then you know they're probably thinking, you know, I'm going to mess around for a bit with some young ones, and you obviously do the opposite, right you get married young, and then you get with somebody that's pretty old.
Speaker 2: Which is pretty not older than you, which.
Speaker 1: You want to get balls.
Speaker 2: I meant.
Speaker 3: A little bit, a little bit, I mean, you know, because you know, to be honest, you know, from I could say from nineteen to twenty three, I really have like a crazy life, you know, and I believe you have to do it all before you know what you want. Yes, I did that in life. A lot of people they kind of go through different faces in life. I think I did the face that I had to experience when I was very young, and you know, I knew what I wanted, you know, after doing all that, So I had like that busy and clear and I think, you know, that's why when I'm in Caroline, I was twenty four, but all my circle, you know, all my friends and everybody, you know, they were like forty five fifty because of business, because it's just't I didn't really have people from my eight and I think when when I met her, I really felt she was you know, maybe thirty three, no forty three, you know, like thirty, you know, and she was just a bit older. And and also it was a bit tough term city on because I met her with no kids, right, so we started as friends, and you know, I fell in love with her as an individual. But then you know, I didn't know, let's see carry a backpack, let's say with kids, you know, which was a big thing, you know, right, well, let's say that was like a whole you know, let's let's dig in to that. Tell us about when you met, how you met and what went through your mind. Was it love at first sight or did you take a while to get to know her before you fell in love? I mean, I definitely. I was living in Newporvitch at that moment, and I flew from Europe and I remember this girl actually who I think, you know, she liked me or something. She was like, look, there's this event happening in you Propeating Fashion Island hotel. You should go. And I'm like, look, I'm not gonna go. I probably say ten times I don't want to go.
Speaker 4: And then the way it happens, though, right when you don't know, somewhere I lead someone.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you. Literally, I was like, okay, I'm not gonna go. This is just not for me. And then he said, look, it's very interesting, it's about business. You should come. I'm like okay. So then all the time I called my friend and all the time my friend was covering the red carpet of the event, and I'm like, okay, great, so then I will pop in. You know, it's familis from my house. So then he was in the VIP area and he handed me a champagne and then he left for a moment. I literally turned back and Caroline was, you know, back to back with me, and we kind of look at each other. We click a little bit. I was like, it was just like a weird feeling.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We didn't really talk the match, but we kind of like, you know, we connected somehow. And then all the time I ended up staying in the Holy event. It was Caroline's event, so it was like a stand up podcast he was doing about women's empowerment, and you know, he was just very fun in the state. He was just saying, like, you know, I don't know, like I'm a minor three these people in the front row, You're gonna watch more because you pay more the other guys Vagina watch and I'm like, oh my god, who is this like woman talking about by Gaina here? This is so weird, Like it was just it was just very funny. So I was like, Okay, I'm gonna stay. Ended up staying the whole way and then very funny. So everybody when I was leaving, everybody's sitting in the stairs, I say bye to everybody, and I thought, it's kind of like Caroline a little bit on the back and I am living. And then she said aloud, oh my ohod, my future husband is living, but like southing funny. But you know, she said it the first night that we met. And then you know, I was like, oh my god, I wanted to come back, you know, but I didn't. I didn't come back, and I texted my friend and all the time, you know, there was like an after party, so all of us we met at the end. And then that's kind of how I how we connected a little bit, and then we became friends and you know, same circle of friends slowly and then kind of like got to know each other. But in the beginning, I mean I definitely felt something different. It was kind of like a it was just a feeling that I've never felt before, let's say, you know, and it's crazy that she said that, you know, oh my god, my future husband is leaving. And then four years after we go martered. So that's it's pretty crazy. You know.
Speaker 4: How long did it take you guys to to actually connect or hook up? I should say, because when did you guys sleep together?
Speaker 1: But it could be when the relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually, I mean we were we were like because he was in la and I was in Newburbs, remember, so you know, and seeing it stayed that loone because he was living there. So I think after like you know, maybe a week or something, you know, we ended up like all the time meeting altogether. I think it was in soho house in Malibu or something, and then with some other friends and then you know, I don't know, another time. So it slowly kind of like we were somehow we were like seeing each other like in different places, you know, and then we kind of just you know, got gone down. Then at the end, this is very small, you know, so we were just same group of friends and seeing you some of my friends, so just you know, slowly keep talking talking talking, I don't remember exactly when we you know, he's the first time, but you know, you know, it sounds and it took some time. It took some time. Yeah, I mean it was it was. It was not like, you know, straight away, but I think, you know, we definitely, you know, we felt something for each other from the beginning. I think, you know, it was just a bit of like a crazy thing because you know, we did annoy anything about each other, and you know, and you know, I had to lie about my age a little bit because you know, I knew she was older, but then her friends saw me. Look, you know she's she's you know, almost forty five. I'm like, what almost forty five years old. I was like, oh my god. And then she kept asking my age and I was like, yeah, I'm around thirty. I kept saying around thirty.
Speaker 2: I just left it.
Speaker 3: I just left. I left. I left. I understand, I think, like three months already, you know, a bit later on, then you know, she asked me for my passport.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, I just couldn't lie anymore. I'm like, look, I'm a bit younger. And then I'm like, I'm twenty, and I kind of say twenty eighth, and he was like, oh my god, and you're twenty eight. I'm going to jail. And then I'm like, look i'm forty four, I'm twenty four. I kind of do it. And she was just she was shocked, to be honest, he was like, I mean, did she went through We went through a lot together, see got I mean, look, I never really lie honestly, because I say around thirty, it could be like, you know, closer to twenty. But you know, I just left it there. But you know, I think, you know, I think because she saw that I was genuine and I you know, I didn't really care how you know, who she was, you know, have like the key to anything. Yes, it was just a pure connection human to human. And I think that's why it worked out very well from the beginning because honestly, see, this is like a friend to me. This is my best friend. You know, we talk about everything. You know, even if I see a good looking at I'm like, oh my god, only look at that, you know, it's so hot. So I think that's it's just like a very very strong connection that we have with each other.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you have a level of trust that you, it's hard to find with people in general. Yeah, that's kind of that's kind of the same feeling. What is the same feeling I have with my wife and I had the same experience when we first met. It was the first time I've ever experienced what people call a love at first sight. It's just this weird feeling. You're exactly in stars and you don't know what's happening, and it's it's really weird. But yeah, it's I know exactly what you're going through. What you went through, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: And when she said, oh my god, my husband is leaving, I was like, oh my god, I really want to come back, but I couldn't. I wanted to be cool, so I was like, oh my god, I'm so much younger than I need to be the boss here. I'm like I need to I like, you know, I don't care or anything. And then, you know, I went to the ballet and I test my friend like, look, I'm thinking to come back, you know whatever, and it's a comeback, and I came back, you know, but I know the feeling is, you know, it's this it's a crazy feeling. I don't know. I don't know how can explain it, you know, but it's it's a it's a weird connection, you know. I think it's a clear example how eight is honestly a number like you know, we I you know, I met so many women, you know, my entire life, and I never had that connection I had with Caroline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's love.
Speaker 3: And we we fight because everybody fights, you know, we fight a lot, but then we love a lot, you know, and it's yeah, and I think you have to have that you know, combination.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I've always thought about with you know, the big question is how do you make your relationship last so long long? And for me, it's not necessarily the ability to love or the connection you have with the person, but the ability to get through the hard times, the challenges, you know, when life throws curveballs at you and you're both you know, trying to figure out how to get through life. That's the real determining factor of can you live the rest of your life with this person? And if you can't, at least you know, you know, but yeah.
Speaker 3: The fun times, for example, the fun times, I say, yeah, and I brought me for example, when I got to know her, it was only fun times. So I never really experienced anything difficult because it was look see how things how I think we were just traveling, you know, the war, meeting different places in different people, and it was just a fun journey, very exciting. And then when reality hits is when I arrived to Dubai, because you know, there were three kids in bath, there was an excassman, there was so many things going on. I was like, oh my god, what am I doing? And at some point I honestly told Carlin, look, I don't think I'm going to be able to do this, you know, because that is, you know, there was you know, see has three kids, you know, twins, and one of the twins what it was, and it's still very attached to Caroline, you know. So he's very protective and he's home in the beginning, has had a replacement that so it was very difficult for me. I used to come into bed and he used to push me out of the bed. I used to sleep, you know, in another bedroom in the floor.
Speaker 2: I had a.
Speaker 3: Completely different relationship when he was with us than when he was not with us, and it was very difficult for me because I'm like, oh my god, is he ever going to change. How How am I going to be able to have an oral relationship with Caroline? You know? How they so when I met them, there were eight years so yeah, eight years so yeah. But he he was very I think a bedding secure, you know, with everything, and I think, what really kind of like, you know it really like you know, made his personality so much more you know, exposed. He was just the fact that you know, Caroline just kind of like, you know, met another man and I wanted to take that position his head, in his head, it was like, oh my god, you know, who is this guy? You know, young guy, you know, trying to do this? And so it was it was very difficult to be honest, even Caroline. You know Caroline, when when everything went through like see what to the hospital, I mean, we went through like crazy stuff, and I think that's why all those things that we went through, it really built up, you know, the relationship, and he made us very strong.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, certainly the challenging parts of life build your strength and build your relationship. Did the ex contribute or help in the transition to help you guys be you know, a good couple? In other words? Was he an asshole? Or was he supporting.
Speaker 3: No, he was.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: I mean, he was an asshole in the beginning, which we you know, I completely understand because in his head it was like, look, who is this, you know, young guy, ex footballer coming into here and like, you know, just taking my family. Like yeah, So he hated me completely for a year. So it was a very difficult situation. And then the kids as well, they took his position, so then you know, he was feeling information to the kids, and the kids were you know. So it was just a very complicated thing and obviously no one really knew about it, but we just went through it and we knew that we're going to come out the other side. And it is actually amazing how after now six years, I think together yesterday we went to Coldplay and it was the ex husband, it was Caroline, the three kids, and or assistant actually all together and I was like, oh my god, it is crazy how life. You know, time heals everything. I'm like, I never thought I was going to be in a place, you know, even in a stadium with this other man because he was horrible to me. But then now we are kind of I mean we're not friends, but but we are, you know, we're polite, and I think we can do lots of stuff together. And you know, and now he's very happy because he had a girlfriend. So that relating to terms to load and you know, I think it went through like a very big down in the beginning, and then now we came out the other side and and now we're even going to coshoveles kin all together as well. So wow, you know, it is it is very good. You know, it's oh, we're modern family, let's say, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, and and that's great for the kids ultimately, Yeah, because at the end of the day, when it comes to divorce, it really affects the kids first. And unfortunately my wife's ex, you know, decided to use the kids as leverage to try to get to her and hurt her. So it affects the kids aversually when it happens.
Speaker 3: I know, for example, I I'm always going to be second, you know, when I am with the father, you know, with the father and the kids. Because for example, even yesterday, little things in the in the you know, we're in the scenario yesterday, and I was like I was a bit bitched tough in the beginning, but you know, I I you know, we arrange all the seats. You know, we arrange eight seats for Coldplay. It was an artist passages incredible, It's sold that completely. So we invited him because Sacked the song was like, look, I want my father. I'm like, yes, please bring him. And then we are sitting in the best, best position, and then the daughter is like the father goes to get some food. The daughter, Carolin's daughter is like please can I can you move because I want my dad here? And I'm like okay, And then it was like kind of like a bit you know that you know, we arranged he's aware, guess, but but I had to move to the worst seat basically to just leave him the best place. And it was just a bit, you know, so all those things are still you know, I'm still struggling a little bit, but it's normal, I guess. You know.
Speaker 1: That's very mature and amazing that you did that. I mean, that speaks volumes of what kind of man you are. That's awesome, Surgio.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know, I mean, I did it, but I was looking at Cal and I'm like, what, I'm not moving, I'm not moving like this, go, yes, go, I'm like oh my god. So then you know, I guess also a big thing that plays you know, you know where advantage is the ages cup because I kind of you know, I look after cow and I so I learned from hair load, you know. So you know, because he has a lot of more experience on mean life, and I think that's why we work very well together.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, that I was going to say that you get you sort of get the best of both worlds, right, because you have her wisdom, but she's also beautiful. I mean, she still looks like she's s thirty, right, So you get the best of the both worlds because a thirty ye old normally doesn't have the wisdom. She kind of looks like a thirty year old and she's got the wisdom. It's the best of both worlds. My question to you when you were going through those tough times, how what made you hold on and not just say I'm out right? Because you could have easily set them out with all that chaos that was happening, and it's not like you couldn't go find another woman, right, But so what made you hold on? Because again, that's where arrogance can take over and you're like why am I dealing with this?
Speaker 2: I could go find me someone right now.
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Holding on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a very good question. Actually well kept holding on. I think I guess that feeling I had for Caroline, you know, and how you know, I think because I'm a libras, I'm very loyal and I'm very like you know when I think because of soccer as well, everything I went through. When I take a the season, I take it and I stick to it. And I knew what I wanted and I knew, you know, I've never had this connection. And I think a lot of people they have the mistake of, you know, always want them more or they think the grass is greener on the other side or a bit more greener. And I I obviously, you know, I had always my text of the dream wife I wanted, which is this, this, this, this, this on those texts, it was not finding you know, one eighteen years older than me and three kids, because initially, you know, I wanted to create a family. I wanted to you know, like go through the normal steps and process in life, right and I got to a position that you know, I already have three kids growing up that and not mine so it's just a bit weird. But I think, you know, the love that I felt, that the feeling that I fre in the beginning for Caroline, that's what made me stick to it. And I think the you know, just seeing her, how you know, how happy I met her. And I think, you know, I knew the kids, and I think this I learned as well from Caroline and the kids. Look, a lot of people they stick to the families and everything because of the kids. But at the end, the kids are going to build their own lives. They're gonna just grow. And at the end of the you end the balon or with a partner, you know, And that's the truth, you know, So you need to be happy, and that's caroline philosophy. And you know, the kids are amazing now, but I mean, yeah, the daughter is eighteen, she's in university and she comes here once a year. She's gonna build her own life. And then so Caroline took the decision of you know, just living you know, the eggs and staying with me, and then we're super happy. So I think I learned all that mentally different her and I knew that we were going to come out the other side and We're going to be Caroline and me after going through what we went through. The kids, which they're they're always going to stay in our lives, but you know, at the end, it's just going to be Caroline and me. We're gonna be happy. So you know, well, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: And so speaking of that, you know, you've always wanted to have kids, and I know that you guys been talking about that.
Speaker 2: How's that going?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the big question everybody. I feel like everybody wants this baby. I'm like, yeah, I mean, look, it's just a bit the interesting for me because I'm coming from a very big family. My dad. They are, you know, nine brothers, one sister. The sister has eleven kids, tripless, so I have forty one cousins from my dad's side, it's a mine is a creative family. And then my mom's side is a bit smaller, but still like you know, fourteen fourteen, you know, cousins. So, you know, I love the family. I love noise in the house. I love you know, having a lot of people around. So the question is are we going to have a baby? I mean, we are, We're considering having a baby. We're continuing you know, we we the DIBF, so we we have a baby ready to go, a boy genetically perfect, so it's mixed already. We just need to find a body basically, you know. So Caroline, I don't think Karlin is gonna carry because you know, she had preclamcya before when she had the twins and suffer a lot. So the last thing I want is, you know, for her to suffer a right, even though the doctors said that she could carry before fifty but I don't. I don't think we're gonna do it. So now the question is, you know, we are looking Abu Dabi. Now they just legalize surugacy here in the Middle East, which is very good news because I didn't want to have my baby, you know, in the US or Europe because it's very far, you know. So it's a you know, it's a positive thing that now we're allowed to do it here. So we're still looking and considering. I don't know when it's gonna happen, but it's a you know, it's a thing that we have there, let's say, you know, so it's pretty cool. Yeah, our life will change a lot, to be honest, because now you know, we have a very good life because basically the kids stay with us one week and then they go one week with the father, and then the week they go, we normally travel. So it is just it's very convenient for us, you know, because we are all here, so we just you know, we travel, so we get both lives. You know.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Where does the father live?
Speaker 3: So the final live here? Oh he does, okay in yeah, yeah, so it's only twenty five minutes from here. So we have a very easy relationship. So when the father, for example, it's traveling, the kids come with us. Oh you know, vice versa. So it's just a one week one week. But normally, you know, sometimes for example, we went to Australia recently, it was three weeks, so they stayed with them three So it's just very flexible, you.
Speaker 1: Know, nice, very nice. I remember when my wife and I first got together, it was fifty to fifty custody, and the days that they were not with us, we would always be doing something fun, traveling or you know, just what you know couples do. And when they were with us, it completely changed dynamics. We were more responsible and you know, we were a family. And then it got to a point where the kids didn't want to do that anymore, and they ended up full time with us and totally through a wrench monkey wrench in my whole system.
Speaker 3: Question, like, you know, do we want to have a baby and change our life completely and are the dynamic because you know now, I mean we are really back to being like twenty years old escaping the world that week because we literally just go, you know, so yeah it is. It is fantastic to be honest, you know, and then the week there here we get the whole family life.
Speaker 1: I do get that impression because I kind of looked at your Instagram for a while and you guys are all over the world and it's so exciting and so much fun to watch. And I do enjoy the videos that you guys created. They're really good, very creative, very funny.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 3: That's my that's my passion passion side of you know, I love I love creating content. I love I'm verdy creative. That's why I'm enjoying so much, you know, building the hotel, because I'm putting a lot of creativity behind you know, awesome, But I mean we kind of pose the kids and they don't want to be in the Instagram morning and the kids. But we we spend time with them. You know. It's just that we only you know, post all the troubles and things, you know, but we go we get both lives, which is fantastic, to be honest. You know.
Speaker 2: My question you because you mentioned this earlier.
Speaker 4: I'm curious, how does Caroline do with when she comes and meets you know, you know big Glatin families, they have big gatherings. How does she deal with those big gatherings when she's got to show up and there's you know, fifty people there and you know, they have their traditions.
Speaker 2: How does she deal with it?
Speaker 3: It's very funny. See I mean in a way, I think see that she hates them, like she hates the whole thing because it's just no very family oriented. You know, see got better at it, you know. You know, my family they make so much effort, like they speaking list and staff and they bring her food and things. But she's just Caroline has these things because he went to boarding their school seems very early, you know. And you know, I always say I wish I introduced my parents as my best friends to Caroline. Here's Violet, my friend, my mom and this is my dad, which is not my dad, it's someone that I know. I spend a lot of time with it. Because Caroline, as soon as you hear the word father and mother, she becomes like it's like a frozen it's like cold. She cannot even do anything to them. I'm like, it's crazy, it's crazy. And I think it's because of boording in school, because she just, you know, she just went through a load and like, you know, they were not very you know, spending time with her and stuff, and she just cannot really established her relationship with parents.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, it's more like a business transaction than a emotional relationship.
Speaker 3: Are percent I coind of you know, I cry when the when Caroline's father is leaving the house here because I'm very emotion and he's lovely and Caroline is already upstairs like it's like okay, like he's literally pushing them out. I'm like, oh my god. You know. So it's just it's just very funny, to be honest, you.
Speaker 1: Know, how often do you guys spend time with your family.
Speaker 3: I just came back now. So Caroline also always like she kills me to do this, but I have to do it because you know, so I go there normally every winter the twenty first to a twenty fifth, twenty six, you know, so I spend always four days day in Madrid, you know, like because they love it, they got used to it. I'll bring a lot of presents and you know with the Christmas okay dinner on the twenty fourth, and then I come back, you know, so I just have to do it because you know, unless I bring them here, which maybe next year we will do or something, but you know, normally I have to go there, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like I got you know. That leads me to a question that just popped into my head. I think it's important to learn from you in in the dynamics of your relationship. You guys created or plan to create some sort of tradition or or things that, you know, creating something for your family that's different from your personal family and her family because the dynamics are so different. Right, are you creating a new tradition in your future or are you just going with it?
Speaker 3: I mean, for now, we are not creating anything. I put some little steps into you know, the family are created because you know, she has already kids, and I cannot change things. But if we have a kid, it will be you know, I think it will be different, and I know actually it will be like how I would you know, I would love to create a family, which is you know a lot of traditions, a lot of things. How I do all all my Spanish traditions, let's say, yeah, because I mean it's just you know, Caroline Sea got converted to Cis Jewish because he got converted because of the Exhausman. So you know, it's just very different, you know, both of us. To be honest, that's why we have to go to Mauritius to get married because you know, legally in the UA you cannot get married, you know, because I was you know, a Catholic and she was divorced us, so it was just impossible to get married, you know. So we had to go to Mauritius to get the paperwork and sign everything legally. So we did a small wedding there, you know, in the Four Seasons, and then we came back here and did the big wedding.
Speaker 2: And then you got married on the show.
Speaker 3: Correct, we got matter on the show. Yes, Yes, we got matter on the show, which was amazing actually it was. It was so beautiful. I mean, it was just very fast. Everything happened like quite intent. But it was amazing, to be honest, it was like it was a dream. It was honestly the best dream I couldn't imagine, you know, because everything just came so perfectly. The hotel Raffles, the Palm just open, which was one of the iconic hotels, and it was just so new. Everything it was. It was magical. You know.
Speaker 2: Well that did you get married on the show too? I did.
Speaker 1: We had her three.
Speaker 3: Id No, you got matter in the show as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we had a separate show. We didn't actually get married on the on the Real Housewive show. We had a spin off. I think it was a three series spin off. And the struggle initially was because of my experience on the show. I didn't want to do it on the show. I had no desire because it was so about drama and toxic relationships and all that. I said, I don't want anything to do with that. But the way it turned out, they produced an amazing show. It was the most beautiful wedding that you can imagine, and everybody was I mean, there was a little bit of drama that was relating to, you know, get this done or what Yeah, what are you gonna choose? But it wasn't what the Real Housewife show is about, right, It wasn't nothing like that. It really was magical. And our plan was very much like yours, have the wedding, you know, for TV purposes, and then have a little wedding on Laguna Beach with you know, our closest friends. But the wedding was so beautiful and magical and it felt so real that we didn't need to have a second wedding, but it was. It was an amazing experience. Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 3: For example, because Caroline wanted to make up Ony in the wedding. Caroline wanted the wedding because some things that we started a lot of this because he's done everything in life, right because he's he's almost fifty, so I haven't done like so many things that he's done. So she's like, look, I want to get married, you know, in an eyland, no shoes. I'm like, honey, how I'm going to have that? Like he's like ten people. I'm like I cannot do that. I'm like, what all my family everything? So we had a massified like crazy because I'm like, I have to do a proper wedding. I have to have like a priest. I have to do like a big thing, you know, because in her her old wedding it was like a thousand people, you know, in the biggest thing in Turkey, and I was like, look, I have to have it. So then within Mauricius for her kind of in an island, ten people, and then we did you know raffles you know, in the in Dubai for me basically, so that was just two combinations, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's hilarious. That's such an opposite dynamic. It's usually the woman that one huge.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't, I don't. I don't know why. I'm like, you know, in so many ways, I'm like a king woman this relationship because it's just it's such a it's such a man in so many ways. I'm like, you know, there's no emotions, there's no feelings. It's like a it's like a British rock, like there's nothing. And I'm the emotional one because I'm I'm the Latino one, you know. So we're always like, you know, I love I and go I can go like four days with a given noticing I'm not there, and it's fine, like it's just suppose he is, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, that's awesome. Well we got into the show. Tell us a little bit about how that all happened. How did you did you know about the Real Housewives show before you you got cast or how did that happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no idea.
Speaker 3: I mean, so Caroline City before in the UK, right City, Ladies of London before, which was I think, you know, a same production company and everything, same channel, but like you know, in the UK. And then when sim moved here the show, when I started to get to know her a little bit, I didn't know anything about Housewives. I didn't even know because in Spain we don't have that. You know, it's not like a thing now, no one really watched I Andre, you know how big it was, and you know everything that you know, it is involved. And then when we started to get to kind of like know each other, you know, we start talking and stuff. And then when I ended up moving to Dubai, they did like a few casts for her for Beverly Hills, you know, and then at the end, you know, it just they wanted to move the whole family, so it never happened, and you know, it was to be complicated, so then I think it's slowly just to buy housewives just came because he was here, so then they kind of build the whole you know, the whole cast and everybody around her and stuff. But I didn't know anything. I never you know, I did a few TV things because you know, of soccer and things, but I never really you know, I was never used to, you know, having people in my house, you know, like you know, just nine hours a day, film and everything. You know. Yeah, And the problem as well is because I'm very real, so you know, I cannot really lie. You know, It's just who I am. So it was just a bit difficult in the beginning. How I was gonna kind of like, you know, just be my I couldn't hide who I am. So you know, that's why I think in the show, you can see in the show is my personality, but multiply by a thousand because they kind of edited that way and stuff. But I you know, it's I'm very emotional. It's just you know, it's who I am. You know, I'm like a told you boy, how you're portraying the show. It's kind of like, you know, I play that funny, that funny role, which is I mean, it's okay, they want to play that way, which is fine, you know, I take it, but you know, but uh, you know, I didn't really know how it was about, to be honest.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I've always said that the control with the editing is what makes the show right, and I understand it. Obviously it's for entertainment purposes. But at the same time, this is your personality that they're messing with and trying to create a character. So how do you handle all the negative ship that comes with you know, obviously the positive stuff, but the negative stuff is really what concerns me. Because you can tell me I'm funny, I'm good looking, I'm energetic, and I know that. But when I get people that criticize me because my eyes aren't blue, or my hair is now blonde, or I don't have big enough muscles or whatever stupid you know comments, how do you how do you deal with those?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, luckily for me because coming from soccer, soccer world is a very jealous, you know, it's a very difficult world. So I always you know, have people talking you know, me or my bag or things. So I kind of build a little bit of that personality. It's just you know, and I never had that many people close to me, you know. So then with the years and then also when I met Caroline, you know, we you know, we made like so many news. It was everywhere like toy boy. You know, they even called me sex My name was sex slave. I was like, oh my god, what is wrong with the I know, my whole I didn't do anything in life, it was the sex slave. And when when it's related to Spanish, I understood what it was because I didn't read what was that. I was like, oh my god, this is cloud was exually it's the worst thing you can call a human or oh god. So then you know, it was just all these news came out. I was like, you know, over relationship and things, and it was just a bit you know, everything started there kind of, but then I didn't really realize with the show what was gonna come after, you know, because I mean they literally called me everything. And also the edit, you know, it didn't really help because it was portraying this image of you know, I mean just like you know, how you call it like he was my sugar mama. You know. I was just literally just not doing anything during the day, just here, doing here and not, you know, just looking after her, you know. And you know, because I'm from the South of Spain, I'm kind of funny, you know, so I'm like, okay, I rolled with it. So I was just playing that. But then they you know, in the edit is kind of like multiplied by a thousand, and I'm like, oh my god, this is just the worst thing. And then they were to take they were taking all my comments and mixing it with the other stuff, and I was like, oh my god, like you know, so but I mean, you know, I I don't really I never really care about what people think. And I think that's something that I learned since I was little, because if if I could have cared, like I would never be where I am today with Caroline, you know, because everybody told me what I was doing, you know, all my close friends they were like, look, you are crazy, you know, and Caroline is the same actually, by the way, all her friends, you know, they were saying, look like what are you gonna do, Like how are you going to build a life with him? Like you know, he's like twenty years younger than you like, and still so many friends when we were going through everything, and I think because both of us we are the same in that way, we don't really care how people and everything. So it was just you know, so it made us kind of like together stronger, you know. But I mean, imagine living in the Middle East, where we are probably the only couple we had twenty years age cup, I'm probably in the public eye, you know, because normally here there is only like you know, normally it's older men with younger women. You know, it's more like common there's not really people like the other way around, and you know here it's just very very rare. It's not like living Los Angeles, you know, which is more common on you know, the US.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So it was just a very big big thing here, you know, to make it public, and you know, we're going everywhere and people kind of like we're looking, and you know, it was just a bit a bit difficult. But you know, the comments, I mean, we were just taking them, you know by this day by day and and I don't really remember any that really made me, Oh my god, this is crazy, because I mean they literally called me everything, They called me gay, they call me, you know, toy boy, like everything in the planet you can call anyone. And I think I feel like i'm you know, I'm very secure with myself, so I don't I don't really need to get proof to anybody who I am, you know, in a way, I have to, you know, I have to thank soccer, you know, and everything I went through, you know, suffering very early in my life, you know, you know, because he gave me the strength that I have today.
Speaker 4: Was there a part obviously, you know, to be as successful as you've been in soccer, and then obviously you know, getting your degree, and now with business, there's there's a little you got to have a little ego to be a little successful, right, you got to.
Speaker 2: Have a little ambition, right.
Speaker 4: So what happens when you know you've been successful on your own and now everybody's almost making it seem like you haven't done anything, and you're just you know, you found yourself a sugar mama.
Speaker 2: But you're like, wait a minute, I'm I'm pretty successful myself. That the ego that did it kind of like tell a little bit.
Speaker 3: A little bit, I think, because you know, my whole life has been a bit like a roller coaster. So I went, you know, everything changed very early in my life. I didn't really know what was happening. The other sign. I was training with the best soccer players in the world, you know, and then all of a sudden, I, you know, my ego was up here. You know. I was not happy, and I was like, look at my star. You know, I don't care what I broke the contract. So then from one day to another, I literally went like this, and then on the sign I went all the way up, you know. So I think because it's just being like a like that roller coaster, I'm very used to, you know, all the different stages, you know, so you know what I'm just saying was it would just say that it you know, perred percent. I mean honestly, you know, I believe in God, and I knew I know that God gave me and took out gave me all that that he gave me very early stage, because I mean I was driving all the you know how the fities I had all the cars when I was eighteen, you know, and I used to go to the train and everybody was screaming, signing, you know, because it was just it was a ramatic player.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was not because it was me. It was just it doesn't matter where you play in first second thirteen, you were a Ramadi player. You were in the same office, so everybody went crazy for you, you know. So I just I got all that very early in my life. And then it really was like, you know, I believe you know, I became an assholt at some point and it was not who I was. Came that like Arrogan that you know that personal I did. I thought it was I was somebody, and I you know, it was the best thing that could happen to me. Just to kind of like take it away from me and give it to me a different way, because now I always say, nothing's gonna change. You give me now a hand million dollars literally nothing, because my life, you know, like I have everything I was in my life and I'm happy and content with who I am, and I it takes a long way to understand that, you know, and I know that because I went through all that before and I had it and it was gone.
Speaker 1: Do you think it would have been possible to not be arrogant and egotistical if you get to that level like you're in the top soccer team club in the world, you think it's possible not to experience that ego or that arrogance. It's you know, it's part of the package.
Speaker 3: I mean part of it's part of the package. Yeah, and you know, in soccer because for example, you know, I think the ego played a big part of me because as well, I was coming from a you know, from a good family. You know, I didn't really need soccer, you know, to kind of like, you know, keep going with my life, right, and for example, I will never forget that at the age of fifteen, the coach sent me down and he said, look at your age. I had two options, which was the construction soccer, and I chose soccer. I see you that you have many different options, which I was doing modeling with Nike, I was, you know, doing so many things, and I was studying, you know, and I was doing soccer. And he said, because you have so many different options, you're not going to play any minute with me. And I was a sixteen years old. So then that guy made my life miserable. I was in drama Ria and I didn't play half of the season because of that. So I think all those you know, things that made me really you know, build up a very thick skin, you know. So I think when I made it and I was training with the first team, then you know, anywhere I was going outside the streets and I was like, you know, who are these people? And it was just completely wrong here on my mind. But I was thinking that automatically because you know, I think the fame and the success. You know, it's a very very difficult game, you know, and I would always be grateful for experience that very early and then kind of just take it away from me.
Speaker 1: You know, I think that brings you down to a normal human level, and.
Speaker 3: I will never honestly, when I came here, you know, I got a few offers to play football, you know, you know, and I just I didn't want to take it, to be honest, I had always signals just to not go into that. And you know, it was amazing what it gave me, because it gave me, you know, an amazing platform. He gave me all the connections I have. You know, I traveled the world I want literally everywhere, you know, but it also prepared me to where I am today.
Speaker 1: So do you still play soccer or do you not want to ever kick up all again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually you know, because it was it was very difficult when I when I left Drama RI because you're used to this bobble and then you leave and then all of a sudden, nothing is the same. So then I left soccer for two years and then I kind of went back slowly. But you know, I mean, I I don't play. To be honest, I'm very close friends with some of the biggest stars that they actually my neighbors now, which is fantastic because I actually grew up watching them and now but literally my friends. And I'm like, oh my god, how crazy life is that? This is giving me everything I wanted on a different way, and I'm still involved somehow, but but I'm not involved. So it is fantastic, you know, see to see that. But I don't play. I don't play. You know, I don't play soccer anymore.
Speaker 1: How do you stay in shape?
Speaker 3: So I go to a gym, you know. And also because I over work out my body so much when I was little, you know that it has a very good memory. So then you know, I don't really need to do that much, to be honest. And for example, now if you if I want to look good for I don't know, for a trip or whatever, I work out maybe like a week, like intent, and that's it. But I normally play like, you know, padel a lot of paddle, you know, go for runs once in a while. But I know, might do a gym, you know, I like the gym to disconnect. But it's yeah, it's more for I used to be addicted, to be honest, for like you know, yeah, for looks and like you know, like staying feet and this. It was just like an adiction. Now I'm more relaxed on that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Nice. Well, you got to enjoy that because I missed those days where I could just work out for a week.
Speaker 2: And right shape.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 3: Fifty Oh my god, you look amazing. You're fifty, you know you're fifty fifty one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Edwin is actually eighty. Yeah, he's in great shape.
Speaker 3: You guys, You guys look amazing. To be honest, you guys work out a loone.
Speaker 4: No, I often say, I work out for my sanity, not my vanity.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was twenty one.
Speaker 4: I worked out for my vanity indeed, But as you get older, it's really just for sanity.
Speaker 3: Now you know, it's you know, lasting that loone. You know, I'm thirty, so I'm hoping it will last hour maybe five years maximum, you know. And also i'mzing a lot with Carolinzo. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well it started balancing out or going to tipping point for me. It was around forty six, and it was a heart, a heart issue that happened to me. I had aphe that totally threw a ranch into my whole system because all my life, you know, I consider myself sort of an athlete. Growing up like an athlete. I did sports in high school all my life. I wasn't professional, but what I learned, you know, the biggest lesson I learned in sports is pain is just part of the game, and if you can handle the pain longer than the competitor, you're going to be the winner. So I apply that to a lot of things in my life, including my physical and you know, I'm a cyclist at heart. That's my real sport. I love riding my road bike. And you know, I've gone miles one hundreds of miles and you know, heart rate averaging one hundred and sixty hundred and seventy beats for minutes for hours, right, So it was just too much that I think contributed and among other things because I still don't really know what caused it, but diet, lifestyle and all that. I've never really been a drinker. I don't drink, you know.
Speaker 3: Much exactly same as me, to be honest, and I think that's that's the biggest thing why I stay in shame, because I don't drink. You know, I eat clean, but it's it's not even clean, it's my lifestyle, you know, I know, I just just it healthy. And I think that really helps, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now it's helped me tremendously. And right, I mean you can tell ed when you know it's looking great for his age.
Speaker 3: I don't drink. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's it's you know. I honestly, I'm like Edwin and you probably as well. We we just I know my body and when I put something in my body and I feel like shit, it's a it's just body. You don't do it pretty easy.
Speaker 3: It's quite difficult for us because we have you know, we're always here and the way everybody thinks we lived in holiday, you know, and everybody comes and it's just busy and busy and busying. So it's just back to back every day, you know, going out, and you know I suffer a little bit on the road inside of it. You know, it's to stay you know, on track, but you know I try to kind of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, well, great, great interview, ser Joe. I.
Speaker 4: I specifically loved how you said, you know, it's interesting when you've experienced something before and you've kind of.
Speaker 2: Been there already and you kind of know what that gave you.
Speaker 4: It's like, I don't want to go back to that, right, And you're like, but this I haven't experienced before, and this I like even more.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So I loved your answer on that, and I just loved everything we talked about today.
Speaker 2: So thank you for a great, great interview, and I hope to see you soon here in La Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had a big time to do with Vegas and your and your wife again stunner beautiful. And I also when I first met your wife, I had no idea her age. I would have thought she was, like I said, in her thirties. So well, well, well done.
Speaker 2: On the catch there too.
Speaker 1: But we'll close it with health this wealth. You know, at the end of the day. You can have all the money in the world, but being unhealthy, yeah, it's not worth it. So thank you so much Sergio for spending the time. And you know, I know it's tough because you're on a different time zone, but it was really.
Speaker 3: Fun get able to know you actually, look, I'm in pajamas on the bottom down, so yeah, nice.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a that's a California thing that you got in their pajamas out here.
Speaker 3: It's twelve twelve fifteen at night.
Speaker 2: Oh, time to start going out exactly.
Speaker 1: All the best to you and your wife.
Speaker 3: I thank you guys.