Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty I'm Strong and Getty and he I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The Read Comedy Festival is pulling some of the biggest names in stand up to Saudi Arabia, including Dave Chappelle and Kevin Hart.
Speaker 1: Your majesty Me, you friends, you here next.
Speaker 2: Time, the Saudi governments reportedly paying some of them over a million dollars each to perform. It may seem incongruous in Saudi Arabia, an ultra conservative Islamic kingdom, but in recent years the Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman has tried to reshape his country's.
Speaker 3: Image, investing billions in sporting events and entertainment, including the recent takeover of Electronic Arts, an American video game powerhouse.
Speaker 1: And occasionally bone sawing a journalist if they say something negative about the kingdom barbaric. Yeah, so this is an interesting story. We've talked about it a couple of times. David Cross, comedian I really like I hate David Cross's politics, but I like his comedy. But he doesn't like that some of his favorite liberal progressive comedians are over there taking a million dollars from the Saudis when they abuse women, gays, everything.
Speaker 4: And they're against everything progressive comedians claim to be four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so you sign a contract. I want bad mouth Islam or the government here. Do jokes about camels. What's the one hump or two huh or whatever they do comedy about, but particularly the fire jokes about sand, sand in your cross and in your ice cream, a lot of sand humor. Particularly the fact that Dave Chappelle made some comment about free speech in Saudi Arabia. Well, let's play this clip. This is from CBS News.
Speaker 2: We reached out to Kevin Hart and Dave Chappelle for comment, but they didn't respond. Chappelle apparently said on stage in Saudi Arabia that it's quote easier to talk.
Speaker 1: Here than it is in America. Now, many Saudis I've met on.
Speaker 2: Reporting trips to the country would disagree with that claim about freedom of speech inside the kingdom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for that, Hallie Williams.
Speaker 4: Is the most idiotic things I have ever heard in my life, and I've heard some idiotic things.
Speaker 1: Hally Williams of CBS News, I think being pretty kind with that the way she put that. Yeah, my years of reporting here in Saudi Arabia, a lot of people would disagree with that whole there's more free speech here. What a whard.
Speaker 4: Dave Chappelle, one of the great truth tellers in America, goes over and says that somebody pointed out that he converted to Islam and his teens, and you know, he's been making jokes about the trans thing, which land better in Saudi Ira. But that's just again, that is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: You're free to speak here than in America. Good lord, Well how about this? So take it out of the realm of this, Just like, what about the musical acts that go over there. You know, whether you're Mariah carry or what was the billionaire Rihanna, you're those going of people, and you go over there and you do a birthday party for a Saudi prince. Do you have any problem with that? You know, I wouldn't do it if I'm already ungodly wealthy. No, I'm not gonna go freaking be your dancing monkey in a country with no freedom whatsoever. Because you can afford it. I'm not doing it. Well.
Speaker 4: First of all, they actually have dancing monkeys, so that would be redundant. But you know, on one level, if these celebrities are obnoxious, you know, ideological presences online and spout off in their concerts about progressive values, then they go take money from the Saudis. I really don't have a lot of interest in them. Of course, I didn't have any interest in them spouting their opinion already. So yes, they're hypocrites and jackasses. But America does trillions of dollars of business with China, not to mention several other loathsome regimes, and it seems to me that the Saudis get singled out in kind of a weird way. And I'm as hardcore anti radical Islam as anybody on the air, I think, And I just I don't get how you have a gigantic contract with China and it's hunky dory, but it's awful to.
Speaker 1: Do business with the Saudis. I don't see the difference. Okay, Joe would go perform for the Crown Prince and bend the knee, all right.
Speaker 4: Well that's a bit much, but it and it depends on the nature of what you do too. If I'm like a concrete contractor and they want me to consult on the foundation of some building they're building, yeah I'd go take that gig. I would too, But would I, as a talk show host go over there and horror for the Saudis Well, it depends on the number. Frankly, I'm just surprised though, Like, if you're already wealthy, I just.
Speaker 1: Why for? Like David Cross, the comedian said, what so Luis k and Dave Chappelle can get another boat or what you why do you even doing this? I don't know.
Speaker 4: To me, you're either working or you're not working. There's plenty of places to work that aren't freaking Saudi Arabia not paying what the not paying what MBS pays?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I have standards and apparently anyonebody else does.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I get it.
Speaker 4: It's just the thing that bothers me about comedians is the nature of what they do. A concrete a contractor designer or whatever. It doesn't spend their entire life trying to root out hypocrisy and and bring people to the truth through humor or whatever. It's a it's a different beast that the comedians do bother me. But a singer who goes up there and does a forty minute SAT and gets an enormous amount of money, I don't I don't care. As long as Nike has factories in China, I just don't see the distinction.
Speaker 1: But I repeat myself, I own Nikes. Who's the hypocrite? Now right? Thank you? The trouble, I don't know if that's I don't think this. Me having Nikes because it fits my narrow foot is the same as Dave Chappelle going and perform.
Speaker 4: Narrow foot narrow foot, Yeah, oh yeah, I embraced Hitler back in the thirties because you know, I had narrow feet and he has. He had good narrow footed shoes that the Chinese are.
Speaker 1: Loathsome perfectly's the matter with you? Perfectly fair response anyway?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, how welcome to armstrong and get he's how to argue unfairly? Smmar so speaking of hipocrisy and the media and that sort of saying, this is just it's so delicious. I'm a bad person. I'm enjoying this much more than I should. All of the freak outs at CBS News over a moderate left lesbian woman becoming the news director. Absolute freakouts by staffers posting online three different editorials in the New York Times, three really saying how bad and ugly this is so Barry Weiss is the gonna be the news director at CBS, and they think it's just awful for she's well, I don't even know what you'd describe her politics. I mean, she's pro choice, she's she's married to a woman. Yeah, she's center left. So center left is just two.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I ran into this situation just the other day in my personal life, where uh like, center left wouldn't be good enough for this person. You're either full on progressive or a Nazi.
Speaker 4: New York Times columnist Jammel Bowie, who is a Marxist quote looking forward to Barry Weiss restoring trust in news, where trust in news means pumping out propaganda for your oligarch boss. New York Times magazine writer and professional liar and race baiting racist Nicole Hannah Jones quote In case it wasn't clear, the anti Dei crusade has never been about merit, zero news experience, never been a reporter elevated to editor in chief of CBS News, one of the most storied institutions.
Speaker 1: You not to be kidding me one more, because I know what you're about to say.
Speaker 4: New York Times columnist Lydia Polgreen not to be a pedant, but Barry Weiss was a junior editor who occasionally wrote opinion pieces in the opinion section, not a columnist.
Speaker 1: And she just said, we were talking about this yesterday, how commentary magazine was wrote a piece about It's one of the most amazing media success stories ever. She started with three people and built an empire in a couple of years where she's got a revenue of one hundred and fifty million dollars a year.
Speaker 4: Doing some of the best journalism with the best writers and researchers and reporters.
Speaker 1: That have ever been assembled.
Speaker 4: But no, she shouldn't be running CBS News because you know, she was really just a junior editor occasionally wrote opinion piece. Is not even a columnist and the oligarch boss thing was ridiculous. But Nicole Henner Jrun's never been a reporter, zero news experience. She just built an effing news empire that blows the New York Times out of the water. How do people get themselves to say this garbage? They're actually crazy?
Speaker 1: And there's been.
Speaker 4: More Seriously, it's like a conservative like me saying Barack Obama has zero talent as a politician.
Speaker 1: Mean, that's just stupid. Oh well, so there's been talk about, you know, how much influence will she have on the Golden Prize? That is sixty minutes probably the most prized news thing anywhere. And I came across this from Mary Catherine Ham of Fox reminding us we talked about this a lot last year. Sixty minutes last year did oh god, you got distracted because their names, Am, that's just fantastic. I can't talk to you about anybody whose name sounds like anything that's food related because you go Homer season. Anyway, she reminded everybody, and we talked about this at the time. Remember that story sixty Minutes did last year, that glowing thirteen minute profile of German speech police with the police officers raiding a guy's home and his computer because of a cartoon they didn't like, and sixty Minutes presented of isn't this fantastic? People are scared to save various things because the government keeps track of misinformation and disinformation, and they presented that as a good thing. So hope berry Wise has some influence on that sort of news story. A nightmare.
Speaker 4: Good lord, Hey, our friends at Prize Picks want to remind you that we've got another incredibly exciting weekend of football coming up, not to mention the baseball playoff playoffs and Prize Picks is the fun, simple, easy way to get in on fantasy sports. You don't have to join a league and do trades and stuff. You just pick more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in.
Speaker 1: I would have picked less last night on Trevor Lawrence falling down twice then running it in for a touchdown. Any who. You got strong opinions on sports, you can turn it into cash. The easiest way to do it is with Prize Picks. You should download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups.
Speaker 4: After you play your first five dollars lineup and you've got a strong theory on a football player and a baseball player. Yeah, you can combine sports for your lineups.
Speaker 1: It's easy. Download the Prize picks app today.
Speaker 4: Use the code armstrong and you get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code armstrong to get fifty bucks in lineups after you play a five dollars lineup Prize picks. It's good to be right. Oh, here's some more freakouts over Barry Wise salon dot com.
Speaker 1: Well they're jokers, please.
Speaker 4: Two decades after Dan Rather warned that corporate control would erode journalism, CBS News may be proving him right. Oh my god, fears of political interference in layoffs.
Speaker 1: So you think the job CBS was doing was fantastic.
Speaker 4: Anonymous CBF staffer talked to The Guardian. A throwing up emoji is not enough of a reflection of the feeling in here. What the f Another CBS source posted, people are using words like depressing in doomsday, wrote another feels like some sort of doomsday.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, you people need to quit. You need to go. If you were at CBS and you have that attitude and good on paramount, because imagine and the heat that they're taking. They're getting lots of emails and texts and schneide comments at to cocktail parties and whatnot, and they went ahead and did this. Here's a priceless one.
Speaker 4: There's more, but from CNN chief media analyst, the Eunuch Brian Stelter, CBS News desperately needs someone to supercharge its digital strategy. Maybe the free press can help. But staffers reading this morning's memos are left to wonder, what exactly do the new bosses think we're doing wrong? What do they think you're doing wrong? You're entirely one sided. You are an advocacy wing of the Democratic Party. You don't do journalism anymore, that's what Brian Stelter, chief media analyst.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a waste of skin he is.
Speaker 4: He needs to donate his skin to burn victims because he's wasting it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. All right, we'll recover from that and have more later.
Speaker 6: Democrats are adamant that we must protect the healthcare of the American people.
Speaker 1: But if you would stop there, that would be great. But you're gonna keep talking, aren't you, aren't you.
Speaker 6: New data came out today from KFF, and that is not Kentucky Fried French Fries. KFF could be Kentucky French Fries.
Speaker 1: I know aren't. Who is that joke? Even for six year olds that watch c SPAN, How are you doing? Truck? Shumer is a human flat tire. That's a good lie. He's a human flat tire.
Speaker 4: The prospect of AOC, for goodness sakes, with all the legislation she's passed, and now that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Matter anymore that your year, what your year, coalition she's built. You're talking about a different generation, that's all. It's exactly now.
Speaker 4: Being a senator running against Chuck Schumer. Oh my gosh, these are some strange times.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The shutdown, Oh, the the thing. I want to mention that at least once an hour because you're going to hear it a lot. The shutdown is finally going to reach you as air traffic controllers aren't going to work since they're not being paid, and so you might want to check on your flights. Blah blah blah blah. Nobody's missed a paycheck.
Speaker 4: We're at least a week away from missing a single dime of what you make.
Speaker 1: So traffic controls, you're gonna go over to work today. That's a political stance. It's not a I have to stay home with my kids because I can't afford something or other. I don't even know what the argument would be.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's got to be the Democratic Party putting out the words of the employee of public employee unions. Hey, we've got to make this hurt to swing people at our sides. So you got to start calling in for work or or whatever. More quotes of people freaking out at CBS News and all over the liberal media about Barry Wysey, center left Jewish lesbian taking the helmet, CBS portraying her like she's Hermann goering or something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is just astonishing. We'll get to that. Oh. Also the.
Speaker 4: Controversy over the guy running for attorney general in Virginia. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, I don't even pay attention to my own states races other governor wiring in a torture us. With that, there's some really interesting dynamics at play there. This guy is an enthusiastic spreader of really disgusting violent rhetoric toward Republicans, including Republicans he knows and works with, And in this era of Charlie Kirk' assassination and political violence, his party is rushing to embrace him and saying, oh, he took full responsibility.
Speaker 1: He's fine.
Speaker 4: We got to keep him on the ticket. Have no principles, so or on that to come as well. I can't remember what else were we going to talk about here?
Speaker 1: Do you doom scroll?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I try to stop describe, define doom scrolling. What counts as doom scrolling because I don't think I'm looking author I don't think I'm looking for doom when I start scrolling.
Speaker 4: No, But so much of what's online that you can scroll through ends up being I would call it more anger scrolling because everybody's angry all the time online.
Speaker 1: Excuse me. You know I had something as on my watch or my phone or somewhere that would have would tell me every day how many hours I spent looking at my phone, and I turned that off at some point because I thought, what's the point. Maybe I'd turn that back on. I don't know how often I stare at my phone, And then at the end of the day, thank you, Really, you spent that many hours a day. That's not the way you want to live your life.
Speaker 4: It'd be nice if it's pointed out which app for which amount of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or which site. That would be handy, right, if.
Speaker 4: You're reading classic literature, that's different than just flipping through Twitter getting angry or and angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and most of it's fake anyway, not even real.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty coming up.
Speaker 2: An attorney general candidate in Virginia is apologizing for his text.
Speaker 1: It's about a state lawmaker. We'll go through men, probably be forced to withdraw from the rest and probably is doing a lot there.
Speaker 2: All right, morning, Joe, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. I saw that live yesterday. I didn't have any idea what they were talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kevin corka Fox News is going to give us some of the facts. It has to do with Democratic Attorney general nominee Jay Jones in Virginia. And to me, a beautiful test case of all right, you said we've got to calm down the rhetoric. Do you actually believe that? Are you willing to call out your own side or not? Democratic Party? Kevin cork Fox News Here.
Speaker 7: Sometimes political ads really cut through and they changed the tone and tenor of a race. And that will may be the case tonight and the race for attorney general and the state of Virginia Democrat J Jones is under increasing.
Speaker 1: Pressure to bow out. It was his August.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty two text messages about then State House Speaker Republican Todd Gilbert, which included the phrase three people, two bullets, Gilbert Hitler and Paul Pott Gilbert gets two bullets to the head.
Speaker 1: What so what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy wrote to a colleague, among other things, if these guys go before me, I will go to their funeral to piss on their graves and send them out a wash in something. He then suggested, three people, two bullets, Gilbert.
Speaker 1: That's House Delegate Todd Gilbert.
Speaker 4: Three people, two bullets, Gilbert Hitler and Paul Pott Gilbert. Gilbert gets two bullets to the head. Oiler, He writes, put Gilbert in the crew with the two worst people you know, and he receives both bullets every time. And the colleague that's a crazy person. Oh yeah, Oh it gets worse. The colleague who he was sending that text to, said Jay, please stop, and he said, lol, okay, okay, And she said it really bothers me. When you talk about hurting people or wishing death on them. It isn't okay, no matter who they are, and he called her up and berated her and said maybe he would change his mind. They were talking about ben guns or some gun control thing. He said, I'd like to see their kid die in his mother's arms. Maybe then he would change his mind. I'd like to see that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I whatever. Scarborough said. Yeah, he's got a drop out of the race yesterday. Oh yeah, that's crazy for completely. So here is the ad that's running.
Speaker 5: The Washington Post confirmed j Jones sent texts that imagine shooting the Republican Speaker of the House j Jones, which the speaker's wife could watch her own child die in her arms. It's so disgusting, it's hard to believe, but it's true.
Speaker 4: One more bit from Kevin Cork than I have comments, obviously.
Speaker 1: Wow Well.
Speaker 7: Jones, for his part, has issued a statement apologizing for the text, writing in part, I've reached out to Speaker Gilbert to apologize directly to him, his wife, Jennifer, and their children.
Speaker 1: I cannot take back what I said.
Speaker 7: I can only take full accountability and offer my sincere apology or still for Jones. The negative spillover could also impact the governor's race in the Commonwealth, where fellow Democrat Abigail Spenberger has expressed disgust with the comments, but has yet to call on Jones to step aside, opening her up for criticism from Lieutenant Governor Win, some seers, or opponent, and even President Trump, who has demanded Jones step out of that race.
Speaker 1: Okay, on a macro level, before we get to the specifics of this, we've got to decide as a society, can you do something completely abhorrent and then just say I'm sorry, I take full responsibility.
Speaker 4: And get any now that it's causing negative consequences, I would like to apologize.
Speaker 1: And get any credit for. Like P Diddy on Friday, I'm very sorry that I did that. I take full responsibility. You're a monster.
Speaker 4: You need to have some sort of I have come to God or I got therapy, or I was on drugs or something to make me believe you've changed.
Speaker 1: You can't just take it to you and this guy too. I'm you know, I take full responsibility for calling for the death of my opponent. I apologize, Well.
Speaker 4: What fantasizing about his wife watching their children die in her arms because they deserve it?
Speaker 1: No, you need to if it's me, you're not that kind of guy anymore, or wasn't then, or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't need to apologize for saying something like that, because I never have and I never would. You did help me understand that if I were incing, that's what I would say. And he said something about, yeah, people need to feel consequences to change their policies or something's terrible.
Speaker 1: But why does this matter?
Speaker 4: Number One, Attorneys general, county prosecutors, we've learned, have enormous power to either implement woke policies or not implement woke policies, and Virginia is a big important state. Second, the gallo was running for governor, Spanburger was a hardcore woke up with transgender boys in girls bathrooms, boys in girls' locker rooms, boys in girls' sports, and win some seers. The charming lieutenant governor who's running against her pointed that out, and so this Spanburger liars running ads with her.
Speaker 1: I think it's two.
Speaker 4: In the ad and saying people are my opponent is spreading lies about me. I love my daughters, and I've worked to protect girls in schools and protect their rights my whole career. I stand up for little girls like my daughters. I'm what's her face, spam Burger. I mean, it's just it is the far left with boys and girls' locker rooms and fantasizing about shooting their opponents in the head, masquerading as mainstream democrats. And these people, and there are probably people like them in your state too, they need to be defeated.
Speaker 1: So is there anything controversy about this Gilbert person that he believes should be shot.
Speaker 4: Well, it was My understanding was it was over there had been some sort of school shooting or something like that, and this J. Jones lunatic wanted to pass some sweeping gun control legislation, and Gilbert said, essentially, no, you can't do that. We've got Second Amendment issues. And the problem is, you know, crazy people want to hurt people, blah blah blah, and so he went into this fantasy about murdering Jones.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Gilbert, here's the question. And I don't actually know the answer to this. I really want to be an honest broker, fair arbiter of this thing of how much of the left is crazy versus how much of the right is crazy. But it sure seems to me that lefty lunatics are way quicker to the either disown, you can't marry, you think you should be dead one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: There was a major poll that we talked a lot about where it was something like seven times as many Democrats that said they'd ended friendships over politics as Republicans did. It was over well sure feels and if that number is wrong, I apologize. I don't have it in front of me, but it was an overwhelming difference.
Speaker 1: But it sure feels that way to me. I don't. I mean, I most people I'm family members, close friends, or their politics are similar to me, and I don't hear them saying things like I would never date of this, or I would you know that person should be shot or in this. But I hear that a lefty people that I know right all the time.
Speaker 4: Leftist politics tend to be much more emotional and emotionalistic, meaning they're based on emotion as opposed to fact or like a sober analysis of what policies work better.
Speaker 1: I remember that poin.
Speaker 4: You combine that with the longtime narrative that Republicans aren't wrong, they're evil, they're fascists, they want to oppress you, they want to kill you if you're transgender. I mean, if you get people overly emotional people or mentally disturbed people to believe that they will commit acts of violence, believe they're one hundred percent justified.
Speaker 1: We should try to dig that pullback up again. I kind of remember it. But man, I just I've bumped into that sort of thing recently a number of times and just seems like you're way overreacting to the fact that you don't agree politically with my side.
Speaker 4: The other side, right, Well, it always shocks me, well, it used to shock me as a fairly cynical longtime observer of political language, that there are people who believe their sides propaganda or messaging, whatever you want to call it. I mean, they fully believe it. They think it's one hundred percent sincere and accurate. I even hear people I agree with going over the top, and I think you know, same holds, amil. I separate the part that's true from the part that's just meant to fire people up and get their donations and stuff. But there are a lot of people on the left who believe every word they actually believe.
Speaker 1: Conservatives who for instance.
Speaker 4: Don't want a boy in a girl's locker room, that they want to kill transgender people because they've heard it over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So today is a fifteen year anniversary of one of the most mocked things that has happened in sports, Lebron James big prime time television announcement of he was living his team and going to a different team, but he made a last night, said he had another giant announcement to make today and it just came out, and uh, well, let me tell you what it was. Mary Taylor Swift. If you're a Lakers, got a new sports drink that would be pretty huge. I'm marrying Taylor's Swift.
Speaker 4: We met, we hit it off, we realized we were both with the wrong person.
Speaker 1: We're getting married. Wait, I assume Travis Kelsey would have something to say about that.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's heartbreak broken obviously.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll do that briefly and other things when we come back.
Speaker 8: Those two trained Hawks, Alice and Bubba, were stolen outside so Far Stadium during a Rams game last weekend. They fly above NFL games to keep other birds away. Well, neither falcon or tells us Bubba was recovered about thirty miles away. He says he's hopeful they'll find Alice soon.
Speaker 1: So Sofi Stadium has trained hawks to keep other birds away during Chargers and Rams games.
Speaker 4: Because of the poop and because of the poopin because of the poopen.
Speaker 1: Is that a problem that people have? Do they get to I was gonna use the past tense word for but do they get to dropped upon by birds at football games?
Speaker 4: I'm not really familiar with it as an issue, but yeah, that's that's the problem. Does every so many buildings have the pigeon spikes and you know whatever?
Speaker 1: Does every stadium have trained hawks to keep birds away? This is all new to me. I don't know. It depends on the shape of it.
Speaker 4: I think the problem with some of the new like semi domes, is that the birds would be over the field or over the fans. You like, got an old timey football stadium. No, it's just it's kind of a rectangle and the birds would sit and just you know.
Speaker 1: Thank god, Bubba the hawk is all right, and thank god you're all right. Even though you haven't gotten the most recent COVID shot. I know you're all thinking about the COVID vaccine. Is it time for my next shot? Where can I get it? A topic of conversation with me and all my friends constantly. This is the way David Muir approached it on the ABC Evening News last night.
Speaker 9: A confusion over getting a COVID shot this year. The CDC is now urging what they're calling quote individual based decision making, pushing people to consult with their doctor or pharmacists before getting the vaccine. The CDC also saying for those who want the shot, saying the strongest risk benefit in their words, for people at high risk for severe COVID includes those over sixty five. Most insurance still covers the cost of COVID shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anybody who's been paying attention has known that since like late twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Right, and play the beginning part there again.
Speaker 9: Fusion over getting a COVID shot this year the sea.
Speaker 4: And keep going only good among you people, still you cultists, still wearing masks?
Speaker 1: Good again, because I want that second line too.
Speaker 9: Confusion over getting a COVID shot this year. The CDC is now urging what they're calling quote individual based decision making.
Speaker 1: That's the post. That's what I like, That's what I like.
Speaker 4: We've gotten away from I just for all of us who are just strictly following the CDC guidelines no matter what, and the CDC was still saying we should get Now we're doing whatever it's called individual base You mean making up my own mind based on my own information and what I think is a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I've been doing it the whole time. I do what the government tells me. I just always do it they tell me. Now they're asking me to make decisions as an individual. I feel abandon anybody who's so into the government being in charge that thinks that they should the government should make an announcement. We're now in favor of what we call individual based decision making.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in favor of that all day, every day.
Speaker 1: My whole freaking line. Yeah, no kidding, individual based decision making. I will make my decisions what I think is a good idea or not. You don't need to tell me.
Speaker 4: I would end a friendship over a mask wearing COVID cultist.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's it's triple.
Speaker 4: It was triple the number of Democrats than Republicans who have ended a friendship over politics, and among younger lefties it's shocking numbers, like a third of them say they would not want to be friends with someone who voted for a different presidential candidate. That COVID thing, I mean to me, you're a way to vote until you're twenty five. I'm firmly I will march on that cause on the David Muir COVID thing.
Speaker 1: You're a certain sort of person that could ever even utter the phrased individual based decision trees or whatever it is. Yeah, yeah, you mean.
Speaker 4: The way I'm teaching my kids to live their lives, take in information and make your own decisions.
Speaker 1: That's the way I think. What are you even talking.
Speaker 9: About individual based decision making?
Speaker 10: I would much rather just get in a pen, be fed, be sheared every so often to exactly what the government tells me to do, or they're pe Making my own decisions is so confusing, tell me what to do, Joe Biden, Right, Kamala, you hero the first thing he said, they're all the confusion.
Speaker 1: Who is confused? I mean, who's confusing? Are there people to get up in the morning and log on the CDC website to see what they're recommending for me? Well, it doesn't seem like I ought to get another COVID vaccine, But the government website says I should. But now I'm moving into individual based decision making, to where you can decide on your own. Oh that's fantastic. What about sawing off that's right? What about sawing off my ear with a steak knife. There's no guidance on that either. I don't know what to do, honey, guidance. I was all these individual based decisions. They're killing me for some reason. I was just offended by that very phrase last night, when I based decision making.
Speaker 4: I think that's what the Trump administration is calling it. They're encouraging people to decide as individuals if it's important and right for you. And yes, you're most at risk if you're old or otherwise ill. Everybody has known that since twenty twenty, David. Everyone, unless you are a robot just sucking in left wing news and you're still wearing a mask alone in a park because you're nuts.
Speaker 1: Okay, so different topic. If you're a sports fan, you knew this fifteen years ago. Today, Lebron James made this big thing about he was gonna He started with the Cleveland Cavalaries. He grew up in that town. He was playing for his hometown team and then he was gonna leave somewhere else and he made this big primetime special announcement. Then they made a big hilarious and it got mocked endlessly, and it should have. It was just ridiculous. It was so look at me, I'm the focus of everybody's attention, just as It's just it was the most off putting thing.
Speaker 4: One of the most self congratulatory acts I have ever witnessed in any realm sports, politics, yeah, medicine, anything.
Speaker 1: It really was. Yeah, it was such a bad look. Anyway, it's a fifteen year anniversary. In last night he said, I've got it the second decision to make the next big announcement, And there was a lot of speculation because he is forty, in his forties and is in his last year's contract that he announced is going to retire, and of course that would also be kind of a pathetic. Hey, everybody, look at me. This needs to be a giant show with everybody staring at me, with the spotlight on me or whatever. AnyWho, his announcement apparently that's coming in like three minutes, is he's teaming up with Hennessy for some sort of limited What is Hennessy a drink. It's a liquor, a booze. It's gonna be a liqueur. There's gonna be a Lebron James branded Hennessy God's sake. Yeah, it's hard to take you seriously, dude. Anyway, I know it's suck the wild alone. I think that's the way it's going to be met. I don't think he knows that that's the way it's going to be met, but that's the way it's going to be met.
Speaker 4: Hey, mainstream media, the guy who went to kill Bret Kavanaugh is a dude. He is a man. We'll talk about that next hour. If you don't get next hour, oh no, you can just subscribe to our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Everything's okay against Armstrong and Getty.