Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and he arms wrong. I'm a tram a studio see see senior, A dimly let room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. Today we are under the tutelage of our general manager, not the tariffs, not the terrors, our first ever negative general manager. They everbind. So I'm slightly distracted. Then I'm going to get my act together. I know I can. I know I'm going to get my egg together. Okay, I was out spitting in the bushes before I walked in here. I really thought I was going to throw up in my car on the way to work. Oh. I thought I was gonna throw it before I got into the building. And I haven't yet, but I'm really close. Oh golly, So if I duck off real fast, that's what I'm doing. I don't know why I stop and snack on roadkill on the way in again, did you it looked like the squirrel had just been hit to me? Oh really recently? Wow? I was afraid I'd gone too far I don't know why I feel like this. I have no idea, but I really it is subsided a little from when I was just downstairs kneeled wishes, which you know is not unusual. In front of this building, I thought I'll join the other people who are pop passed out in either vomiting or other or worse, any of them employees. Yes, just see Hans in the the RV. There's an RV parked out where that the car is gone that everybody was working on for a couple of days. But there's a big RV there. They even have the slides out today like they're camping. I mean, they've got the full slide. Nice climate, pleasant setting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my kid is going to law school far enough from the radio ranch.
Speaker 1: It's irrelevant. But man, the neurovirus is everywhere, is it really? Oh? Yeah, pupkin and poop, and it's just it's rough. I haven't come in contact with anybody sick. But I hope I don't have that, you know of if I brought that into the radio station, that would be awful. You remember the stories about those cruise ships. I don't want to repeat any of it, but it's rough. Yeah, and that's what management would do here. They would lock the doors and make us all live in here like a cruise ship until we were over it. Right. You know, I would love to throw in some good graphic detail, but I just it's not appropriate. People wouldn't enjoy it. I'll restrain myself for once. Oh man, all right, So explain the whole tariff situation.
Speaker 2: They look well, Donald J came hard at the Mexicans and Canadians and Chinese Chinese, completely separate case.
Speaker 1: We got to put that aside. Their dirty comedies. They're trying to take over the globe. They commit genocides, that they're they're they're a horrible regime. But our neighbors are our friendly neighbors to the north and the south. He came at them hard with the big giant tariffs if they didn't help us with the border and a couple other things, and and and honestly, and I kind of predicted this. They came with some small to medium concessions and he said, I I'll put it off for a while. We'll hold back on those big giant tariffs. So they're going to help out on the border. Some it's really minor stuff in the case of Canada Mexico a little more significant. So America's hat and America's pants got a stall for a month. That's not over yet. Yeah, he's going to keep the sword of Damocles hanging over there their heads. I like, I kept saying yesterday, this is not my area of expertise or interest. Really, uh this economic stuff like this. But Wall Street Journal has an editorial piece saying Trump blinked. You have people on the Trump side saying, you know, it was the art of the deal. He's squead them and they backed down and gave his stuff that they wouldn't have otherwise given us. So don't I don't know which is accurate. Yeah, I think there's plenty of truth to both points of view. I think Trump became more aware that more people were saying, hey, this could really hurt the economy, which would dirt you know. At the same time, it was always a threat opposed to get some concessions on the border. I like it so the like the MSNBC world is portraying it as Trump backed down and laughing. Sure, So which is it. You hate him because he was gonna go through with this and he's a mad man, or you hate him because he he's not a mad man and realized this was going to do more harm than good and so adjusted his sales. I mean, which is it. Yeah, yeah, I'm reminded of the whole cold Open a Saturday Night Live a couple of weeks ago, or they were trying on the fake MSNBC trying to convince each other, Look, we can't go nuts over everything he says, and then they would literally go nuts over everything he says, and you know, you just it. It takes a while, folks, It's just a early February. We've got to get used to the unique Trump style of chaotic leadership and not getting nuts every time he threatens a twenty five percent there on our largest trading partners over nothing we can figure out. Speaking of MSNBC, I was watching Stephanie Rule's show last night, and I like to watch these various things to see what their big story is. And a lot of the media's really got their panties in a bind over Trump trying to shrink government in a variety of ways, whether it's you know, sending the email to all the workers saying, hey, you all can quit if you want, We'll pay it. Till September just quit or trying to do away at the Department of Education or Elon Musk has gotten access to a bunch of information that is supposed to be scary, and it's trying to run the government like a business. You saw what he did at Tesla and Twitter. Yeah, he got rid of the waist at Twitter. I mean, I don't understand how that's a threat, but the it's it's interesting to me how for because I don't have this mindset. So's it's almost shocking to me that exists the crowd that is horrified by the idea of a government employee losing their job or a government program going away. We're the other half of the country. I think we're thrilled whenever we hear that, we think that's awesome. So I just I don't even need to hear the details exactly exactly exactly. I don't even need the details. And the other side is the same way. I don't even need to hear the details. It's a horror that any government agency or department would be shut down, and a horror that any government workers would lose their jobs. It's just awful. I think you're onto something really important there. I would love to see a set of interviews with you know, four or five people on each side and examine their their attitudes about the government and stroll and their own lives and how they're I just I think that would be incredibly revealing.
Speaker 2: I mean, for here's a for instance, let's look at the other side of the coin. Well, I was gonna say, uh, now you know what I'm under reminded me. I was gonna say, you never hear anybody saying the federal government is just too small. But they wouldn't put it like that.
Speaker 1: They would put it like the federal government should be solving this problem, that problem, doing this for me, and doing that for me. So I guess they do, in a essence think it's too small, which is a hell of an attitude. And I don't know, I think they're fifteen minutes of Civics education would go so far in this country. But I'd love to grab those people by their shirtfront and say, you live in a state. It's a big, powerful government, it collects taxes, you live in a county of town, you have your own you run your own home. Why are you looking to them to fix your problems? In that distant city where nobody gives a crap about your life. But I don't get it. Well, yeah, a bunch of people running around making a good salary can't get fired, get much better uh oh benefits than the rest of us in the private sector and call themselves public servants. Well, if you're a public servant as in your you know you're taking a hit to yourself to serve the public. Okay, we're saying you don't have to do that anymore. Go out in the private sector and make the bigger money with better benefits that you seem to think you could do. You're just doing public service to help us all out.
Speaker 2: Good wishes it exactly. I got a great example of that coming up.
Speaker 1: So I was just listening to a report on NPR about how the Trump administration's trying to wind down the Department of Education and the stuff that they can do and the stuff that they can do. There are big chunks in the Department of Education that were created by the executive branch by executive orders, so they can be unwound by executive orders, and then there's a lot of stuff that can't be But the other pushback that drives me crazy is in the government is not Twitter. You can't just walk in and fire people. Okay, well let's have a conversation about that. Why not Why can't you just walk in and fire people? Maybe you should be able to walk in and fire people. How about we do something about How about you figure out if anybody's doing anything. If you got a room full of fifteen people, do you need all fifteen? Do you need fifteen at all? Do you need any of them to start with? And then could you get by with half as many? I'm thinking in a lot of cases you could.
Speaker 2: I would argue if there is one entity on earth where you should be able to quote, walk in and fire people, it.
Speaker 1: Would be the government. Why not? It is responsible to the taxpayers, and only the taxpayers, to be as efficient with their money as humanly possible. They have no profit motive, They have no board of directors, they have no shareholders. All they have is responsibility to taxpayers. The why not is the government is the only industry that can make rules where they can't get fired. If we could make rules around here where nobody could get fired, we'll probably all ban together and vote for them. But you can't do that, and the government has the opportunity to do that. Now, it's so maddening. Now, it's frustrating to me because I don't think Trump and Elon are going to get very far. And the fact that they are taking the biggest swing at it in my lifetime and probably won't get very far as depressing. Yeah, let's see. I hope they're drawing attention to it at least.
Speaker 2: Let's see, and let's see if Trump in this one term can lay the groundwork for perhaps another four to eight years of progress.
Speaker 1: Who knows, chip away, chip away, Let's start the show efficiently. Oh, what's on the table of options here for me? Eight? Something bad? I don't think that's on the table. Yeah, illness. I suppose that's a possibility. I don't know where I would have gotten it. That's pretty much on it, right condition Oh some sort of like, yeah, there's something really wrong with me?
Speaker 2: I doubt Well no, no, no, I don't mean like life's threatening. I mean like you know, it was your gall bladder saying digestive issues. Maybe you just a little too much of something last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. You know what I should do is I should just google fatigue nausea? What could that be hopefully stage four bank grant cancer. It's the only thing. Let's start to show you slept poorly last night, one of the other. Exactly, I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Tuesday, February four, the year twenty twenty five, where I'm strong and getting. We approve of this program. Let's begin then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go, leaving you new action at mark at the Mexican Cartel plans on using drones as well as firing upon our agents m military. If this were to happen, what would be the response of something like this.
Speaker 3: Or obviously I could stand for that lawrence, the most powerful military in the world will not be intimidated by anybody, let alone cartels.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the cartels, just what is their association with the Mexican government. The nice lady president said it was horrifying and slanderous to suggest they had any relationship with the cartels. Oh yeah, let's talk about it. Yeah, that little story there is from a memo that's circulating that came out somehow from Mexico. But the cartels are talking about putting drones and armed people at the border to take on the terror. You start shooting at them with the idea that they'll go away or something. I don't know. And you heard Secretary of Defense Pete hegsas theory. They're saying no, they're not, No, you're not. We ain't going away. So that could turn pretty crazy. Wow. Absolutely, yeah, quickly, how's mailbag look outstanding? Blockbuster cool? Here's our tannic. That word was blockbuster. The text nine four one five nine five k FTC by way overnight. Maybe you missed it. China has launched a fifteen percent tariff on US colon gas and retaliation for Trump's tariffs, So we can talk more about that later. This will be fun, all righty.
Speaker 2: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day from Jim Rown. You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances. The seasons are the wind. But you can change yourself. That is some thing you have charge of.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: They're in that theme. You are not a victim of your life. You are the captain of that ship. In short, be that mailbag.
Speaker 1: Some days it's easier than others.
Speaker 2: We sometimes the captain of the ship needs only to keep it off the rocks and avoid all lives being lost.
Speaker 1: And that's being a good captain. Doesn't mean you can just go to the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: It's a thing about captaining ships. Jack, just ask me my seafar and days are beyond me. But that one went on a whale watch once. Anyway, here's mail bag. You can drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. Definitely not Scott in Danville, California.
Speaker 1: Rights.
Speaker 2: I keep asking my wife to try no wine February with me. She says I'm bothering her. I inform her she can't say that during no wine February.
Speaker 1: This is not going well. Wine with an h. The idea is to not whin the whole month. See if you can do it, that's right.
Speaker 2: Don't whine if you see no wales on your whale watch.
Speaker 1: Correct the pro illegals.
Speaker 2: Demonstration la very in Thailand, Rights guys, letting you know that a big part of me enjoyed what I saw on TV. A far left democratic state with sanctuary cities up and down deserves It just looks the mayor's governor, senators and congress people. When will they ever learn there's a big up with up with illegals.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the message is. Demonstration going on in a town near me yesterday we turned a corner and there was a whole bunch of Mexican flags and people beating on drums and stuff like that. I would like to have asked him, so, what's your position that criminal criminals who are here illegally should get to stay? Is that your position? No human is illegal? No, no, no no. Specifically, they're rounding up dangerous criminals.
Speaker 2: So built bridges, not walls. They have no arguments. They're like children, idiot children. As long as we're talking about that, we'll skip to this one from Drew the Millennial regarding the rioters blocking the UH one oh one in La waving Mexican South American flags. I was just in Mexico with my bride for our honeymoon. Anyway, very common protest tactic there is to block the highway from these resort towns to the major airports. Typically it's taxi drivers protesting the introduction ride share services like Uber. The cabbyies will set up a long blockade in the road where they will essentially live in barbecue and party for days or weeks. Subsequently causing tourists to miss flights and pressuring the local government to capitulate this. Where they learned the tactic, wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: We're asking about Beyonce when in a country the best country album or and best overall album for an album that doesn't seem to be country other than the Cowboy had and.
Speaker 1: A couple of years.
Speaker 2: Jeff points out John Rich, the Great country Star once said, folks asking me, how do music awards shows work? Labels and publishers all have blocks of votes. They make deals with each other for you vote for mine, will vote for yours type thing. It has zero to do with who made the best music. Thus, Beyonce with Country Album of the Year, nice right, same is true with the CMAS, ACM's Billboard, et cetera. All work exactly the same. Last night, the Grammys out of themselves in a big way.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I would love to know what the what the trades were. We'll vote for fonce for best Country Album if you'll what what did they give away? I wonder? And do they like give draft choices for two years from now and stuff like that? How complicated it is? It get Yeah, I wonder do you owe me one next year when I get you know? Somebody over the line? Interesting? Rolling Stones won for best Rock Album. I'd missed that. I love the Stones, but are you serious? I didn't know they had an album, but it was the best rock album of the entire year. Yeah, that's impressive. Only I don't know what they're doing at this point. They're in their eighties. Seriously, we got a bunch more great emails. Maybe we'll sprinkle them in throughout the day. I love the idea that we got some more news of the day. On the way, what does it mean that China has launched some tariffs at us? What's that gonna do anything? I need to know? And the groundbreaking history making transgender actress is being canceled by the left. Oh boy, I hadn't heard that that's taking their own That's an interesting development. Also, all on the Way sounds like a big news day stay with us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Good news for anyone hoping to score a last minute Super Bowl ticket. Tickets for the could be historic game are fifty percent cheaper than last year's. The cheapest ticket price is under four thousand dollars. On resale websites, which, while still expensive, has falling in recent days. Resale experts say the lower prices could be due to less fan interest in New Orleans, especially after the recent terrorist attack, or that fans are just less excited about seeing those annoying Chiefs in the big game for three years in a row.
Speaker 1: I don't think that has anything to do with it. I don't think who play. I don't know you have any explanation why Super Bowl tickets would be half what they were no when it was Chief. Yeah, I'm I am too. I don't know think about it, but no clue I did. I did the thing I mocked. It's you should Nobody should ever do this. I did a quick google of my symptoms, and it's just such a terrible idea, Like before you finish typing, it will say sign of cancer and for whatever symptoms you put in there. Just it's really kind of hilarious in a macabre way. Nobody should ever just google their symptoms hoping for a good information. I've got my medical websites I like, and even them, you have to stay fairly disciplined because just to be thorough, they'll say, and you know, it could be you know, Mongolian brain aids could be the worst kind of cancer that exists, but we're just you know, could be right. Thanks for that. We got this text which leads into what we're going to talk about. Sorry, my iPad I got up type in the code? What is the code? Zero zero? Code zero six? The code? Huh what does zero six zero zero? Now? But Chinese will be able to hack into your iPad? Know what we're going to talk about? Day to day? Oh no, you guys are starting to be a couple of negative nannies. Yesterday you were whining about Trump's tariffs. Thirty minutes later, Mexico caved in a little while later, candidate gave in. Now you're whining and saying you won't be able to shrink the government. Just hide and watch Trump is getting it done. Yeah, shut up. You had rhinos, which may be true. That may that may be true. And then in any day by day, hour by hour, Trump is being successful or not successful. Is obviously silly. I'm looking at this morning console pole that's out today, yet another pole. Trump is at fifty two approved thirty eight disapproved, the highest net approval rating for Trump ever recorded by that well respected pulling organization. He's at the highest he's ever been in his life. That will that will not last, as I keep hearing pundit's point out, but of course it never does for anybody. It's just part of the whole governing thing. In fact, if you have high approval ratings and they don't go down, I would say, you're not trying to do anything. You're supposed to spend that capital on some of the things you want to accomplish. Barack Obama did it with healthcare. Lots of people do it, but then he got like this headline in the New York Times today, empowered by President Trump, Elon Musk is waging a largely unchecked war against government, one that already has far reaching consequences. That's the other scary thing that's out there a lot is the whole Elon Musk. Nobody elected him? What is he as if we don't have hundreds or thousands of unelected bureaucrats making giant decisions every single day about billions of dollars? Why are you kidding me? Are you familiar with the way the whole agency thing? You know, Tim so sanderfer is great, No bad things, Bill gets passed, and then it goes to some department, and then they just start filling in all the rest a whole bunch of unelected bureaucrats. Michael, give me clip number forty three.
Speaker 2: This is a Congressman, Jamie Raskin, who evidently has his panties custom made so that they're never unwadded, wakes up in the morning, pulls on some nice, tight wadded panties.
Speaker 1: We don't have a fourth branch of government called Elon Musk two. There was more to it than that anyway, The idea that there are bureaucrats who have power in the executive branchet, we won't.
Speaker 2: Have it coming from Democrats. I mean that is really like, all right, guys, we need an argument for the dumbest ten percent of our voters who like are completely unaware of any issues or any.
Speaker 1: Facet of government. I think it's probably pretty good politics, because you know, you can a certain kind of crowd is scared of super rich people, and a bureaucrat is like just doing what's good for America. But Elon is going to be evil, sohow and only what's in it for him? And I also don't get the regular Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg right there at Trump, the three richest men in North Okay. So if you had a dozen men who added up to the same amount of money, are all at the Democrat thing? That isn't the same I don't understand why that's not the same thing. Well, they were at the Democrat thing, sure, exactly too. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The more I live, the more I see, the more I'm convinced that hl Menken was right. The aim of practical governance is to frighten the voters with a never ending series of hobgoblins. Please, Elon Musk is going to become some sort of king. I'll bet you a dollary doesn't. Before we get to what China just announced. I thought Mark Helprin's right up on the tariff thing of the last twenty four hour was interesting. First, he lays out a couple of paragraphs on people who say Trump blinked, and a couple of paragraphs on people who say Trump showed how he is the master of the art of the deal. Halpern writes Trump got exactly what he wanted in a rare moment of day trader playing a medium term game demonstrating to Europe that, as with Columbia, the country, not the university, they can do this the hard way or the easy way.
Speaker 1: Let me read you a quote from the New York Times. It gets Trump just right on this topic. He thrives in chaos, he thrives in uncertainty. John Feeley, the former US Ambassador of panamaon deputy Chief of Mission in Mexico, said of mister Trump, he doesn't need to have a metric. You're making a mistake if you think he's sitting there at a spreadsheet. He's not. He's sitting there looking at headlines. And if he feels like the headlines are mostly that the other side back down, which I think that is what the headlines mostly are, then he considers it a win.
Speaker 2: Right, and he obviously his modus operandi is chaos is when we to describe it, everybody being uneasy and everything being up in the air, and everybody else like with wide eyes. He has, like a predator realized, Okay, that's when I'm at my most efficient.
Speaker 1: That's when I get the most stuff done.
Speaker 2: So he shows those seats, Hey, can we get back to the federal workforce thing for a minute. The idea of government jobs going away to being terrible and Elon Musk being some sort of horrific, befanged creature. It's it's chewing up lives and souls as he ranges unchecked across Washington, DC. Love this from the Free Press. I think it's Nelly Bowles writing. She points out that Bill Clinton, because everybody's freaking out over Doge and the White House sending out that email saying fork in the road, if you'd like to quit your government job, will let you collect eight months worth of pay for not working, and blah blah blah, and everybody's pretending like that's some sort of outrage or maybe if it's even illegal to send emails to.
Speaker 1: The government workers or something.
Speaker 2: So she's talking about that, and she talked about how Bill Clinton offered did the same thing. He offered a buyout for all federal workers back in the day. The move saved the government almost one hundred and ten billion dollars over five years, but this time federal workers have responded with rage. Reddit is full of government workers saying they feel unsafe about the email.
Speaker 1: Oh please, I know, Oh my god, you are a I most use the P word, which is a little harsh. You should be you should be ashamed of yourself, embarrassed for yourself. Yeah, America needs, I don't know, to start producing testicles in factories so we can hand them out to people. You have become such a and there's so many, There are so many tough, smart women in the world. I hate to even use some of those metaphors because it's there are plenty of women who endure much and complain little and kick ass. But it's just there's got to be a better way to describe it. Anyway. A bull of workers decided might actually be.
Speaker 2: Illegal to email them all in ur suing the Office of Personnel Management. If you work through the government, the whole point is you never get emails, or at least you never have to respond to them.
Speaker 1: I saw one saw TikTok.
Speaker 2: A one federal worker explaining that work from home is essential because now our colleagues are going to have to figure out childcare, which was the first time I learned that federal workers are also full time stay at home moms. NPR has dived into the new reign of commuting terror, highlighting a government worker who commutes to the office two days a week by driving twenty minutes to the train and then taking a train for forty minutes. You know, I'm so exhausted at the end of the day, this worker says, Oh my god. By that third morning, when I'm you know, waking up and teleworking, I'm just so brain dead.
Speaker 1: It's actually hard to focus that next day. And I cannot imagine trying to get in the car and go in a third day. You've got to be kidding me. A third day, Nellie writes, I bet this guy's running the irs. Wow. Wow, So asking you to ease back to coming to work, I don't know, two or three days a week is so awful, so cruel, So it's.
Speaker 2: Practically slavery ish. It's completely out of bounce. Wow, folks.
Speaker 1: I don't think our government is too unbloated. I'll just say that, yeah, And I know we're gonna get pushed back on the text line from people in government work who talk about how hard they work and some other project. And that my very, very true. But I do think people who work in government, especially over time, completely lose track of how in the private sector, you think you're gonna get fired every day of your life, every day of your freaking life. Certainly recognize it's possibility, yes, And it happens regularly and out of nowhere and at bad times, and there's nothing you can do about it, and nobody writes an op ed piece about it. It's just the company cuts back ten percent and sends out an email. And you know, a thousand of your friends are gone across the country, right and you text them or go out to lunch with them and say how it sucks. And it happens every single day. You know. I was gonna give the metaphor of.
Speaker 2: Sports teams that they get rid of a fair number of their players every single year because they figure they can do better, because their pursuit is of excellence. It's not some sort of jobs program where everybody assumes they will be employed for life. It's well, it's one of the reasons FDR was staunchly against public employee unions. But we have definitely gotten ourselves into a place where there are a perverse set of beliefs about anyone employed by the government.
Speaker 1: Reverse and utterly unhealthy. And I can understand how the people that have those jobs push back. I'm just surprised that there's such a big constituency out there of people in the private sector who are so for a big, bloated government full of government workers getting your money that can't be fired without paying any attention to how much they get done or accomplish anything, or are needed.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably hard for people like us and a lot of the folks listening to get inside the head of somebody who considered as considers it an article of faith.
Speaker 1: I mean, just it's an unquestionable truth that the government is here to help me.
Speaker 2: The more government it is, the more problems they will solve. I just I can't imagine what the sky looks like in your world.
Speaker 1: It seems crazy to me. So we didn't get to the China announce some tariffs on us, but maybe we'll do that now or two. We got Katie's headlines on the way stay here. You know what it makes me feel better is a chocolate covered strawberry crem frappuccino that hits Starbucks today. I guess it's one of their popular Valentine's Day themed drinks. Even though Starbucks announce the other day they're cutting their menu by a third, the number of the drinks they have by a third, because I think that's part of the reason there businesses down. They have too many options and it's confused things. But uh, chocolate covered strawberry crim frappuccino you got at the coffee shop, Okay, that's your you're gonna get. I'm gonna stop buy and get some coffee. Does it tell you how many grams of sugar or in that thing? No? I should look that up. Yeah, the faton and sugar would be insane on that. Yeah. Yeah. I talked to Gal the other day. I was telling me about how she stopped every single day and got a big old one of those and not slender either. But you don't each the first of all, have our challenges. First of all, it's like that's probably ten dollars a day. Yeah uh and then yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, let's figure out who's reporting what it's knock story with not one that it sounded like my dad.
Speaker 1: Non capable of restraints. That was at the lead story from Katy Green Katie starting.
Speaker 4: With NBC Elon Musk and Doge are hacking at the government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you either you're either like reflexibly think awesome, I hope they can pull it off or you're horrified. Apparently just looking at the reddit thread. The fed worker reddit thread will be reading some of that later. It's its own industry. They feel like they're an industry, which they are, and they're under attack, and so they're rallying the troops.
Speaker 2: I think you were absolutely right, though, that the dynamics of the free market that the rest of US deal with all the time, they've drifted so far from it. It's inconceivable to them that a job would go away.
Speaker 1: How would a job go away? I don't understand.
Speaker 4: From the Washington Post, China strikes back at Trump's tariffs with levies on US imports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Decoupling is going to be painful and difficult and long with China, but absolutely necessary, particularly critical goods and industries. We can't be getting our drugs from China, nor our computers, nor our weapons.
Speaker 4: For ABC News, Gabber gave support from two key GOP senators ahead of confirmation votes.
Speaker 1: So the votes are today right on Gabbard and RFK Junior, So that'll be big news from USA today.
Speaker 4: Rubio says El Salvador has offered to jail US criminals and deportees of any nationality.
Speaker 1: Well think I have information on that. It's really interesting, cool, and there are a couple of aspects of it that are probably a bit too much, but we'll talk about. From the Wall Street.
Speaker 4: Journal, the Super Bowl has never seen anything like these five gigantic humans. Apparently the Philadelphia Eagles offensive line is historically.
Speaker 1: Large, really average six foot six. Do you have that those numbers in front of you, Katie, I do. They're be a myths. That's how they pull off the whole tush push thing. That's a big part of it. Yeah, where they us, they're just so big they can just move any line forward a foot or a yard or whatever they need.
Speaker 4: On average, they stand at six six and weigh three hundred and thirty eight pounds.
Speaker 1: That's the average sheeperidge. Holy crap, an average three thirty eight for every slender three point fifteen, or you got a three sixty guy out. Wow, six six mid threes is a big dude. Yeah, I mean, holy crap.
Speaker 4: From brightbart dot com, waffle House adds fifty cent surch charge per egg due to bird flu.
Speaker 1: There you go, huh, I'm gonna start throwing chairs, Yeah, exactly. The only waffle house is gonna cost three dollars. The only thing you can do a waffle house if they hit you at that price is walk over to that guy and punch him in the face. Exactly from the Smoking Gun.
Speaker 4: Twenty two year old stripper busted for banana battery at seven to eleven store.
Speaker 1: She beat up the clerk with a banana. That's kind of hot. Wow.
Speaker 4: You know I expected something, but not that.
Speaker 1: Wow. What disgusting?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, on that note, the Babylon Bee illegal immigrants helpfully wave flags, so I snow which country to send them back to.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I love that. I saw two strippers fight at a bar one time, and there were lots of guys around watching. The interesting thing was a midget broke up the fight. That's what made it the Hemingway like short story that it was two strippers and a bar fighting and a fight broken up by a midget, a small person. I'm sorry, we're on acid right now? Does somebody slip acid in my coffee? Where was I? We had crossed the border from North Carolina to South Carolina where they shut down the bars two hours later, so it was like three in the morning or something. All right, Hemingway, you gotta paint a picture for me. What was the the the exotic dancer's state of dress and or undressed At that point, they were wearing clothes. I mean, this is a bar. They were just probably wearing like Jeane shorts and a tank top or something good enough. Yeah, exactly enough. Yeah, I don't know what they were fighting about. Uh, we have more details in the Chinese tariffs and other things on the way. Our two Armstrong and Getty