Speaker 1: Up definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actor practice today, So how's it feel after that one?
Speaker 3: And and how to go uhh high practice today? So I already had the mindset that it was gonna be a lot today, and it's just you gotta have the right mindset for today.
Speaker 1: For for a day like today, it seems like.
Speaker 4: The running backs, I don't wanna say it get picked on, but whenever you go on the ball, you've got almost eleven guys coming up to you and shopping at the ball and stuff like that. I mean, uh, does that get tiresome after a while. It's sort of asu wer of all those little extra hits.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean, I mean it comes with it comes with the uh with the position running back.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean I love when people hit me.
Speaker 3: I mean it it uh, it kind of turns in uh to another person. I feel like if you hit me and I'm like, well, y'all seen today, if it turns me up a little bit, so you know it's it's it's a good and bad thing.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's a good thing for me. I love it. So what happens and he knocks you down, you knock him down? How does that situation resolve? Itself in the locker room afterward the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, Ma, that'sh It's just feel stuff man. I And it's camp too, so you know it happens everybody. Everybody's tired and everybody's just trying to you know, get it, get through it, and you know, dominate the day.
Speaker 1: So you know it happens during one on ones.
Speaker 2: You beat him on that uh deep bolt. That go back some of the competitiveness too to what had happened in one on ones.
Speaker 3: You know what I didn't I did. You just brought something up to me. I I forgot that I went against him on one on ones. But nah, man, just it it just goes to just just competing on the field.
Speaker 4: Man, That's it's you said Kyle. Chris Furster talked about how you really progressed.
Speaker 2: What did you do during the off season to get to the point.
Speaker 4: That you're at now?
Speaker 3: Oh, sh mainly mainly just getting the iPad in the in the studying in the books. I don't do nothing spectacular, like like training with people like all over here, all over there. I don't I don't pay I pay myself. I trained here for like a month with the forty nine ers their organization like g GREG and all of them. And then I go back home for like a month and trained by myself, with my with my dad, my brother, and you know people whoever just want to come out to the field with men.
Speaker 1: Shoot. Shoot, you gotta know, you gotta know how to condition yourself.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I feel like that's that's just how my dad brought me up.
Speaker 1: You know, my dad, we never paid for well, you.
Speaker 3: Know, some people want us to come out and you know, do the training with them, but we never really paid anybody to train me or anything like that. It's just you gotta run, you know, to be good, you gotta do it.
Speaker 2: And one that you've worked with since you were a little long football.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, since since a little since a little boy. Uh, he's always set me up for a success, man. So it's really all him, man like.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you've had nothing but success so far in your career.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 4: Almost and a half yards to carry.
Speaker 2: Are you frustrated that you haven't gotten more run to this point?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, man, Everything everything happens for a reason. Uh.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like me coming in getting the carriage that I've gotten. It's just It's just a step to get closer to where I wanna be, you know, just not not rushing anything.
Speaker 1: When it comes it be be the perfect time.
Speaker 2: Would you describe your running style and who would you say you you've.
Speaker 1: Had in your game after?
Speaker 3: I wish I could answer that, I don't really I don't really uh watch football like that, like say I don't like not sorry, I watched film, but I don't like say if we like, if a game's on or something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not really watching.
Speaker 3: Other play other people like that, So I just watch defenses and things like that.
Speaker 1: Your rushing style, how how I describe mine?
Speaker 3: Just just a angry dude running just full of steam, trying to get first downs and then touchdowns and then you know, that's how I described it.
Speaker 2: You call a lot of passes this training camp. I don't think I've seen a drop that was catching the ball. And emphasis in your training this offseason and working on that and what did you do to work on that specific part of your game.
Speaker 3: See the funny thing about that is I actually bought a three thousand dollars, three thousand dollars one of those shooting drug machines this summer, and I was like, if I want to be something or something close to Christian, I gotta start catching something.
Speaker 1: So that was that was me investing in myself.
Speaker 3: I bought that machine and and I had my dad out there.
Speaker 1: He sweating and got his talent and things like that, and.
Speaker 3: He's shooting a drug machine at me and you know, running routes and things like that. So we had a we had a fun time with it this summer because the same one actually I got it from Rob. Rob got hooked me up with the dude that got me the drug machine for me.
Speaker 1: So from Christian in terms of being a probe me and running back a lot a lot. I mean, in the in the meeting room, I sit beside him.
Speaker 3: I'm so I'm grateful and glad that I even get to sit beside him. I picked I pick his brain every day. Hopefully he's not tired of me. Sometimes I still feel like I'm the rookie and I've asked him so many questions. He probably like, dang, I gotta switched my seat or something. But I just love sitting beside him. Though in the meeting You've.
Speaker 2: Been coached by you know, one of the running back legends in the League and Bobby T. What have you been able to learn from him in a short amount.
Speaker 3: Of time, Man, I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that we started off on a downhill, like we were now on good terms at all, and we we just had to get it going. Like, you know, I had to learn his style. He had learned my style. Well he didn't really have to learn my style, but I had to learn his style. So you know, it just took it just took me to growing up and getting in the system and actually learning just him just because you know, he he's an old school coach, so he you know what I'm saying, You gotta do things a certain way, and so it's just how I had to.
Speaker 1: I had to switch up have.
Speaker 2: Advices as Rock pretty towards you going into this season.
Speaker 1: Brock pretty Brock pretty well.
Speaker 3: I mean really, I just when I when I talked to Brock's it's just just keep going. It's just a little simple things like that. And he always if I'm running by him or something, he'd be like, let's have a day or great job or just He's always encouraging me.
Speaker 1: So that's all I gotta.
Speaker 4: Saved say, Like bad terms with Bobby t what like, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Like you just bad terms as in as in I was the I was the I was the what's it called what I want to say? I was the no no, no, no. I was the like the the guy in the in the room that was not being uh. I can't even explain on trying to say, but I just I wasn't. I wasn't the guy he wanted to be like. And that's and that's it. I just was doing my own thing. He would ask me questions in the in the in the running back meeting room. I wasn't answering to him cause I just simply didn't know. I didn't know the answer at the time. And he was just he would just keep moving on and just things like that. So he just came with Tom a good student. Yeah, I'm a good student in the classroom now, yup, thank you, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Yep,