Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong, and Jetty and know He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 1: Well today, Trump tonight reports that the US is running low on missiles and said that leakers.
Speaker 2: Of that story are being hunted down. Oh we know one thing.
Speaker 1: They're not being hunted by missiles.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: Trump is dealing with leaks and shortages, which is actually pretty normal for an.
Speaker 2: Eighty year old man. I think.
Speaker 1: I resemble that remark. But uh, that's a troubling story. More on that a little bit later. So we had a little affair conversation a little bit ago where I mentioned I have resigned myself, at least today to the fact that we're about the last quarter of my life and my kids mostly entire lives are going to be through a very very tumultuous, difficult, different time than I was expecting or that I lived through. I have resigned myself to that part of it. I was listening to the Triggeronometry podcast. They had Peter Hitchins on. I don't know if you all know who Peter Hitchins is. He's Christopher Hitchins brother. He's as famous as Christopher Hitchins in England but not in the United States for some reason anyway, And he is the one hundred and eighty degreeoposity. He's a devout Catholic and conservative, but very smart guy. And they were talking about the economic situation in England and as he stated, he said, it's over. We're done. I mean, it's just we're done. There's no coming back from this. Our financial situation. When he said, if you look at a family who is now uh using everything they have just to pay off the interest on their debt without touching the principle, you would you would look at that family and think they're doomed.
Speaker 2: It's it's just how it falls apart or what looks like.
Speaker 4: And especially if every solution excuse me, offered within that family would make the situation works. They're going exactly in the wrong direction with every policy prescription.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I wasn't I didn't mean to talk about merely financial ruin, which were on the road to also.
Speaker 4: But oh, I know our audience and they love British fiscal policy, but all the other different things.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's there's just examples like that is going to happen.
Speaker 1: It's not a that I don't think quite I don't understand why people don't quite grasp that.
Speaker 2: It's math.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not a political opinion of any kind. It's just flat out match. But anyway, and they were talking about historically, you know, they use the example of the United States and the Great Depression, but just various times in world history where people thought this sort of thing couldn't happen, where everything got up ended and your whole life savings is gone, and your money is worthless and you got to start completely over, and now you're all living in one house and blah, just all these things. You just don't think it can happen to you. That's the way we're built, I guess, because if you thought it could happen to you, maybe it'd just be too appalling to go through every day if you constantly worried.
Speaker 2: Everything's falling apart.
Speaker 4: You can't live like that, no, But you can live knowing that that sort of thing will happen if you make a lot of bad decisions.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that is so, whether it's politically, financially, AI all the different things. The next twenty five years are going to be radically different than I thought they would be for my kids, right, And that's true. I'm worried about more worried about my kids than me by far. I never worry about this for myself. If I end up I don't know wherever, doing whatever, I don't care. But I do worry about the world my kids are coming into. Uh. But there's just there's I can't control it, and it's just gonna be. They're gonna live through a very interesting different world than I did.
Speaker 2: Right, There's just no getting around.
Speaker 1: It, you know.
Speaker 4: I summarize it by saying, as I often do, I'll be in the woods if you need me. I'm so flabbergasted and utterly unsure what to expect that I just I'm an old guy. My kids are older than your kids, so I don't worry about them as much. I figure, you know, I tried to bring them up to be resilient and optimistic and if anybody can make it, they'll make it. But yeah, it's utter insanity. And kind of on that theme, Joseph Sternberg wrote a great piece called US Voters Facing Midterm Election about Nothing, and he talked about the parties are more divided than ever. But he takes some shots of the Republicans, saying, what exactly are they running on in the midterms, What are they promising, what are they crafting, what are they assuring us that they can deliver to us? And I can't don't really think of anything, honestly. Well, I hate to opposing lefties, I hate to double down on British politics, which nobody cares about I do. Peter Hitchin's theory was, he said, at this point, because of the way the parties are, they have a similar problem that we do. The parties aren't what they used to be, and they are personality based and all these differences of problems, and they're not for anything. He said, All you can do right now is vote against the thing you think is the worst. There's nothing to vote for. All you can do is vote against the other guy if you think they're worst, the worse than than And that is what has been happening for several cycles here.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's probably where I'm I'm I'm not thrilled with a lot of Trump's ideas, and certainly is personality, but oh my god, do I think it's better than if we had gone further down the Dei Kamala Harris road. So yeah, you vote against what you think is worse. Sure, and Sternberg.
Speaker 4: Makes the point that one of the few political bodies in the country who are saying this is absolutely what we stand for and we're going to deliver it are the lunatics of the DSA, whose plans are utterly unworkable and would lead very very quickly to a single party totalitarian system, which obviously is horrifying and loathsome Meanwhile, and then he gets into one of your favorite topics, Jack, It leaves Americans in November the task of electing a Congress without having any idea what the Congress might actually do. What brought us to this nonsensical place. We're reaching the culmination of an era in which lawmakers collectively decided they care about priorities other than lawmaking. Decades ago, they started outsourcing to executive branch agencies the task of nitty gritty legislating. More recently, the abandonment of a regular budget procedure in favor of ad hoc down to the wire deals has centralized Congress's most important job with the leaders who concoct these agreements which means there's precious little for a typical lawmaker to do anymore. The lack of any day responsibility to legislate or negotiate leaves them ample opportunity and motive to turn each congressional seat into its own little bully pulpit on social media, and to be fair to them, voters perversely reward this type of behavior, ay ay yay, and he says it's profoundly unhealthy for our society. If lawmakers aren't required to make policy choices, then neither will voters be. Perhaps it's too much to expect a mid term campaign about, say, substantive social security reforms, but we're reaching the other extreme, in which voters are able to make choices based solely on vibes without having to consider policy trade offs. The collision of those vibes with economic and political reality invariably produces a particularly ugly form of disappointment.
Speaker 1: The rise of the DSA is one result, but it won't be the only one. I can think of a variety of analogies, but they're all not things I want to talk about, really, But there are just situations in life where you know, really wish that hadn't happened. It's really too bad that happened, because the alternative would have been great, but it didn't. The alternative didn't happen. This is what happened. So I guess this is.
Speaker 2: Where we are, right, That's just the way it's gonna be. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, human beings are very good at adjusting their sales. But as I've said a million times, after.
Speaker 1: A rocky period though, yeah, the problem is we're doing that cycle that you always talk about, and the the after the uh, hard guys make good times thing, when you get to the weak men make bad times.
Speaker 2: The bad times period is not going to be that much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't YadA, YadA YadA. The bad time right, the rebuild with the new crowd of tough people, the next generation or two. I don't know how long it'll take, but that'll think a five. I'm fairly optimistic about that. But that doesn't mean the the bad time period is going to be you know, a real kick in the pants. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I was going to illustrate the greater point with a particular policy disagreement that's going on right now. A yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Hang with me for thirty seconds. Okay, thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Tldn R.
Speaker 4: I know, so, Gary Peters, he's a Republican Michigan I'm sorry his Democratic Michigan senator is poop posting online leading the charge against something Republicans are trying to do. Quote President Trump is cutting important Medicare funding, raising prescription drug costs for millions of Americans. Okay, so yanking granny's medicine out of her medicine cabinet as usual, and it's not true.
Speaker 2: And then the columnist asks, do you remember.
Speaker 4: How Democrats use supposts savings from nationalizing student loans to pay for Obamacare. Yeah, kind of vaguely, mister Peters was alluding to a similar fiscal trick, which is resulting in more than half a trillion dollars in higher Medicare costs for seniors and taxpayers. Higher costs. The Trump administration is going to end a subsidy for Medicare Part D insures. The Biden team established the subsidy to stop plan premiums from rising before the twenty twenty four election as a result of the Inflation Reduction Act. But the IRA let Medicare officials engage imputative negotiations with drug makers, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. It required drug makers to pay the government rebates on medicine. Democrats claim the savings from these two provisions would pay for enhancements in Medicare Part D, including elimination of the coverage donahole. This goes on for three or four more paragraphs, describing the triple switcheroo of the utterly insane, ridiculously complicated, and completely dishonest funding mechanisms, and how the claims that we here in our popular politics are so completely divorced from the truth that there's no point in even uttering them. And I emerged from that article thinking can the democracy bounce back from being at this point in the progression toward incredibly immense, incomprehensibly complex government and utterly dishonest politics.
Speaker 1: What do we do? I don't know.
Speaker 2: With AI and the current media landscape.
Speaker 4: Right right, don't leap out windows, folks, I mean, you know, do up some hot dogs and burgers on the grill and hang out with your friends. You're gonna have a hell of a nice Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've not only come to accept, but kind of embrace. I'm trying to just you know, make lemonade out of lemons where I'm like, you're gonna live through a really really exciting time. I mean, is this gonna be something to watch? So let's just let's do it. Let's get this on for the.
Speaker 2: Next twenty twenty five years. It's gonna be something. Wow, watch it, right about it? Talk about it?
Speaker 1: Whatever, sleep, drink whatever. It's gonna be something. Ah. Are you following the story about the diver who was pissed off at another diver and cut his air Oh?
Speaker 2: Have you seen this on a diving trip home?
Speaker 1: Make a bit of an overreaction?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that other stuff on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 5: According to the affidavit, eighteen year olds Hunter Coffer was diving using a floating air tank attached to a long hose called a Brownie third lung when another boat approached at a high rate of speed, circling the vessel several times. There was an argument over who was there first, and moments later they say they saw Simpson swim over to the air supply unit and intentionally.
Speaker 2: To it off.
Speaker 1: We have the team holds a safety.
Speaker 5: By his partner on the boat, who told police the boy was gasping for air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is quite a story. So it's a prized lobster spot. You know you're in the best lobster Hey, we were here first. No, no, we were here first. We come here every time we were here first. You go in there, I'm turning off your air. The guy threatens beforehand, then jumps out, turns off the air for a guy, and they start yelling, as you heard the woman there. Hey, we got somebody down there, this eighteen year old down there. The guy on the other boat, the owner of the boat jumps in, pulls the eighteen year old out, gasping for breath, tangled up in hoses.
Speaker 2: Luckily, is okay.
Speaker 1: But according to experts, having your air turned off, even for a tiny bit when you're diving, can kill you. It can be a really really bad thing. Yeah, fifty one year old guy Michael Joseph Simpson being charged with attempted murder after turning this guy's water air off because we got to the lobster spot first.
Speaker 2: How crazy is that?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wow, he's being held on ten thousand dollars bond. Why isn't it eight million dollars bond? You've demonstrated being a complete lunatic, one hundred percent lunatic. Wow, that's quite got a good lobster spot. You want to defend it? And then chat GPT told me that having your air turned off is one of the great greatest things a diver can intentionally do to another's underwater Oh okay, thank you for that. That's why you're Chatt, that's why your artificial intelligence. And I'm just a regular guy, right right, well done, ya, this is my lobster diving spot.
Speaker 2: Say we will hear first.
Speaker 4: Like I was shooting him with a spear gun would be bad, right, what a cook?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't run into anybody that bad.
Speaker 1: But we've all run into people before where they have an irrational reaction to something that's way out of proportion to the problem. What a parking spot or whatever the hell it is, and just like what, Yeah, yeah, they're angry about something else? Oh is that I speaking? You think that's what it is? Usually it is, but I don't know if it is with the lobster guy, I would know.
Speaker 4: Well, and sometimes it's a specific something else, and sometimes it was that their life has been crappy, or they were used as kids or whatever. I mean, I've hardly met a bully who wasn't like knocked around by their dad.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Yeah, don't do that. It's horrible. Yeah, he could have just had an argument with his wife on the phone before they went out there, and you know, you just you don't know. Uh, here's some good news for you. It kind of fits in with what we were talking about last segment. One of your AI outfits in Palo Alto, a stone's throw from where we're broadcasting right.
Speaker 2: Now, has come up with a way to.
Speaker 1: Write recipes for entirely new viruses and, as it says in the New York Times, the modified bacteria.
Speaker 2: The blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: This would be an opportunity to create fantastic new anti viral drugs and vaccines, as well as to learn how viruses work. Oh fantastic. Then they're throwing the downside. It's hard to imagine a downside on the horizon. Oh, they did throw in this sentence. It also could be used by bad people to create dangerous pathogens that could kill everybody on Earth, and it'd be pretty easy to do and you wouldn't need much expertise. Oh okay, again, getting back to what we were talking about this next twenty five years is really going to be something.
Speaker 2: Everybody say whoo han.
Speaker 1: Everybody say whoo han. Any job with a smartphone could jump on AI and create the next Black plague if they decide they want to. All right this, it's we need to change gear. I am calling. This is an official call. I am filing an F thirty two right now. We must change gears? Is this too much doom saying it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: I'm just surprised at the New York Times and everybody.
Speaker 1: They always go with that positive spin when everybody's thinking about the negative spin in the back of their mind. I know journalists, well, what's going on in their brains? Partrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: New York City will pay hotels almost two billion dollars to house the homeless, which means tourists are now eligible for free rooms as long as they poop in the streets.
Speaker 1: I told my story about that sort of thing yesterday. If you missed it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getting on demand where there was that sort of incident the town I live in in California. A charming segment. Hope you enjoy it with the family. I don't know, charming the right word. So I've taken in a lot of Tuck Cark Carlson over the years. We've had him on the show many times. He was actually one of the more reasonable commentators on any of the channels for decades, in my opinion, And he had shows on all of the channels, and I watched him on Fox every single night. And at some point either went crazier, became a grifter or both. I don't know which, and nobody seems to know which. But uh, he left Fox, and he has his own podcast, and he's still very influential. He's getting the crazy, insane rich. And I haven't been listening to him for a while now. But according to Douglas Murray, who's been following for The Free Press, Tucker for several weeks now has been suggesting that America needs some kind of third party to save itself.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: There have been other people whispering about the idea of Tucker Carlson running for a long time. I don't know that he's ever started those rumors or not. It's hard to say he in fact he anytime it's ever come up. He has said one thing I'm never going to do is run for office, and he's always seemed pretty believable that he means that. But anyway, he's talking about a third party a lot lately. Let me read from the Douglas Murray piece in the Free Press. The founding members of this third party that Tucker Carlson has been talking about recently would be an Avengers style team consisting of former Representative Marjorie Taylor Green, Thomas Massey, former counter terrorism director Joe Kent, and some of their spouses. Now, if you know some of these names, these are all people that are well in that world. It would be I'd be a jazzy group of people right there for your third party to show he means business. Tucker devoted in an entire hour and a half episode this week to his ten point plan to save America. Some people have suggested that Carlson is clearly lining up to run for political office. Others who have known him for years point out that Carlson has neither the discipline nor the patience required for a political run. We now have some fresh evidence of that. He seems to lack the patients to write down ten ten points. It says here without boring himself, the carlson plan to save America includes the following list of aims he believes our country must pursue. And I'm just saying, you don't accidentally put out a ten point plan talking about a third party every night for weeks. No, that's Scott. I'm I'm gonna run for office written all freaking over it. But anyway, his ten point plan is the country must pursue fairness, sovereignty, productivity, beauty, health, honesty, optimism, wisdom, decency, and unity.
Speaker 2: How could you be again to any of those?
Speaker 1: Like many lists created by Carlson's erstwhile staff, they are opponents on the Socialists left. There are slogans that are meant to be unopposable, right, or to put another way, as a logician taught me many years ago, and this is the sentence I really really like, because I've never come across this before.
Speaker 2: There is no point in uttering a.
Speaker 1: Phrase the opposite of which would be uttered only by a madman. I have never heard that before you.
Speaker 4: No, No, I've tried to express that myself, mockingly, taking the opposite position to illustrate how insane it would be for anybody to have that position. But yeah, It's like the ultimate straw man thing.
Speaker 1: If anybody ever stands up and says something that, well, the opposite of that would only be said by a crazy.
Speaker 2: Person, then they're what.
Speaker 1: A grifter, fooling you, playing on your emotions, something untowards something ain't cool there, because if you stand up and say, I'm for people having a good wage and love in their family, yeah, so is everybody but a madman.
Speaker 2: So what are you What is going on here?
Speaker 4: Well, to your question about what are they trying to do, here's something only a mad man would say. Yes, he's making incredibly dishonest arguments, but I wouldn't worry about it. They're up to something nefarious.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much all of politics, though, even with people that are like not, I don't think Barack Obama's necessarily nefarious.
Speaker 2: Some of you do, but I mean he ran on, you know, hope and change.
Speaker 1: Well, only a mad man would be against hope. I'm for despair and stasis myself. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ah, so that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, I mean, that's so that's the game of politics, though, I mean, Douglas Murray can write that and that might be a logical fallacy or whatever. It is, But that seems to be the way politics work. You stand up and say that things that only an insane person would be against. That's how you get elected. Happens over and over and over again. But do you think Tucker Carlson's running for president? Oh gosh no, I'm so troubled and by everything he's doing and saying these days. I just don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's one of his kicks recently is that the Jews are to blame for Christians demonizing Islam. I mean, is he simultaneously on Russia's payroll end cutters. I don't know what's going on there. It's just so insane. You ask any Christian in the Middle East if they if they agree, even one of them.
Speaker 1: Sucker. So you're saying that, like if he were running for president, that probably doesn't make sense to try to get the nomination or win. Oh no, I'm just saying I think he is.
Speaker 4: So there is something very very powerful going on in his life, in his brain.
Speaker 1: He's getting crazy rich that would destory you. Yeah, I suppose so.
Speaker 4: But whatever's going on renders me completely unable to predict what he's going to do.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. He had that crazy historian on again the other day. I was actually gonna watch that episode because I listened to Cooper.
Speaker 2: I listened to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw some of the cootes from him, and man, he doubled down on some of his nuttiness about who caused World War two and the Jews and all kinds of different stuff. I don't know, but we we live in such a strange time. People are grasping for something. Everything's all divided up. The parties don't stand for anything, particularly as you were talking about earlier. Why I don't know why Tucker couldn't get the nomination. It's so hard for a third party though. That's that was the brilliance of Trump really, that he didn't try to do third party. He took over one of the existing parties. You almost have to take over one of the existing parties.
Speaker 4: And treism they call it in Bolshevik circles. That's what the DSAY is doing with the Democratic Right. I'll say it open.
Speaker 1: Also clever, because you're never gonna get anywhere. The two parties have done such a good job of rigging the game. They can keep you out. You get in, you take over one of the current parties, and it's still hard. Bernie tried to and couldn't. Yet Trump did, But I don't know. So I don't think Tucker could get into the Republican Party and take it over.
Speaker 2: I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong, I'd be rough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm out of predict I'm out of the that's too crazy, it'll never happen predicting business. I just I could picture versually anything.
Speaker 2: But you have to look at the process.
Speaker 1: Could Tucker announce he's running and I don't know what the Republican schedule is. South Carolina's number one for the Democrats, as I was still first for the Republicans. Either way, whatever state it is, it's going to be a tiny state with a tiny voting turnout for the for the you know, the first contest for the nomination. Could I imagine Tucker winning that? Hell yeah, you're thinking. I agree with everything you've said. I just think you're thinking too short term. Bernie is to the DSA as maybe Tucker would be to us. A JD vance would be to a Tucker type character. It'll take three more cycles of growing their influence within the party, and then they will be the party that's the that's the strategy, certainly, and I've seen it work in politics in this country. And another one's yeah, that's that's a model, and that's true. But then there's the Trump model. You just show up out of nowhere, everybody dismisses you, and you railroad it. I mean, you just get such a head of steam going so fast and they're just they can't resist. Four people can even figure out what the hell's going on. It's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's obviously. And you know this a once in a generation or two talent.
Speaker 1: Maybe whatever whatever that that'll ever happen. But it did happen that way once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, you've dropped his name. You had a barely got elected Senator of Illinois just because the original guy was forcing his wife into sex parties. But this guy was never accomplished squad other than being good looking and articulate. So all of a sudden the president of the United States because he gives pretty speeches. So yeah, it's it's happened several times in the last twenty years, well a couple of times anyway.
Speaker 2: Underappreciated.
Speaker 1: Part of the whole Barack Obama story is how he would have never ever made it to the Senate if there hadn't been that weird sex thing with that one dude. Yeah, yeah, he was coasting to victory. Yeah that's wild. Yeah yeah, Okay, Well, I don't know. I don't remember a lot of times where people who are being whispered about as presidential candidates put out ten point plans and don't run. But we'll see, Yeah, we shall see.
Speaker 4: When you brought your dog home as a puppy perhaps, or maybe you rescued your dog like we did with a backseat boy, you made a promise to yourself and your dog, even though your dog doesn't probably speak English, that you're gonna take care of them, protect him, give them the best life you possibly could.
Speaker 1: We all do that. And their food is okay, but it's not great.
Speaker 4: It's stripped the live nutrition, so it stays on the shelf for a long time. That's where rough Greens comes in, America's number one dog supplement, all natural, made in the Usbay.
Speaker 1: Ah, picture of that time when you bring home a puppy. Those are relaxing days, weren't they. Anyway, you do want to have some good healthy food there, and you can get the good healthy stuff that you sprinkle on top of your current food with rough Greens and you can try it for nothing. Made in the USA, number one dog supplement in America and free Jumpstart trial bag today. You just cover the shipping when you go to Roughgreens dot com. Use a discount code Armstrong at areu ffgreens dot com. Let's see what you think. See how your dog's doing.
Speaker 4: Go to Roughgreens dot com again, use that discount code Armstrong. Are uff greens dot com discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens makes any dog food better delicious.
Speaker 1: I might eat some myself this afternoon. I feel like my coat's not shiny. Well.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say something, but I didn't want to be hurtful. Ah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, So let's see something that's not disturbing thing anything. I like this made up words slopulism. Yeah, this is discouraging too.
Speaker 1: I don't fully I don't fully understand the term slop in general. I hear people using it all the time. That slop, AI slap, that slop? What are they talking about? It has the various uses.
Speaker 4: As you know, Jack, is it a bucket full of things you feed to a hog?
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the online version.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this, well, this is yet which was my point, if you would wait a second. This is kind of a variation on that too. Online slop is like everything everybody posts. It's only mildly interesting. It's an okay ai picture, but there are millions of them, and just there's just too much mediocre everything. And I actually read one thing that and look, y'all live your own lives.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 4: I really, I seriously don't judge you because I don't care.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Well, that's I'm being one hundred percent sincere.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 4: If you want to live your life in a way different than mine, you have that right, and I congratulate you.
Speaker 2: It's like Jerry Seinfeld always says.
Speaker 1: I've seen him say this so many times on various interviews and podcasts where they say something kind of critical about something and they'll say, you know, offense, and he always says.
Speaker 2: You can't offend me. I don't care what you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good place, it's a comfy place. Come visit me someday.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I read some thinker talking about not turning your life into online slop, meaning don't submit your videos of yourself and your vacation and your kids and all, because nobody's really entertained by it, and it perverts your sense of your own life. Your life is not online slop anyway. But again, live your life. How are you on? Welcome to the age of slopulism. Bad populist ideas pushed for ideological reasons, and the world is full of it on both sides. The grocer Donnie's Grocery Store is slopulism. It's a terrible idea. It's unworkable. The other day, Trump's saying the oil companies are making too much money and they ought to give it back to the American people, and they're greedy. That's slopulism. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: How about the new La County landlords have to keep your house at seventy two degrees, seventy eight degrees whatever, it is a certain temperature that'll be mandated without people thinking through the idea, Well, if they have to spend this much money on energy bills, they're going to raise my rent, right, And if they're not allowed to raise my rent, they're just ain't going to be any randalls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And actually that was Noah Smith's point in writing this article was talking about stuff that yields the opposite result of what you claim it's going to yield. It's like, you know, Gavin Newsom's twenty dollars is just for most fast food workers minimum wage, which has put thousands of them out of work, slopulism.
Speaker 2: It's idiotic, man.
Speaker 1: There's some heavyweights that are gonna go campaign with uh that dude up in Michigan. Al sayed, yeah, we got to read his full name. I didn't realize his full name. It's very long. When we talk about that an hour, three lots on the way, stay here are.
Speaker 2: Strong hey.
Speaker 1: Fifteen as mutating, it would be enormously dangerous.
Speaker 2: Spiders have three life cycles.
Speaker 1: When between the cycles it can't leave. Despite a vulnerable to threats.
Speaker 2: We are faced with a danger, but we can't control one we can't even see. So do you want me to be a pandemic pain in the ass? I just think they're do what you do best? Or why change now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were so many options, and then it's my turn to point on because I want to point out that a bite from a radio active spider would mostly cause a painful lesion. That's all not make you a superhero fights crime. It's highly unlike it as many relationships with hot chicks. Yes, Katie, have you you a Spider Man person? Not really. Both my kids have gone to the New Spider Man brand New Day. I don't dig I don't understand Tom Hollins's appeal. The fact that he's in The Odyssey and Spider Man at the same time also bothers me. There's so many people on planet Earth. Do we need to have the same movie star in the two biggest movies happening at the same time.
Speaker 2: It just seems weird to me. But people get hot and then they put them in every movie. I don't get. I like, I'm more manly superhero. But regardless of.
Speaker 1: That, play at the closet door, Michael, anyway, for the second.
Speaker 2: Time you stepping out today? Yeah, so another word, I'm not turned on by Tom Holland.
Speaker 1: So like America, the original Captain America, I'm like, now that's a dude right there, look at that guy, the Spider Man.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 1: So I just uh. I did the quick little chat GPT search how well's the Spider Man doing? And I've heard this endless times on newscasts. It's broken all the records. They had the biggest weekend in Canada and the United States of any movie, beating out Avengers Endgame. Then I ask the question, anybody that's even got any intellectual huffed whatsoever would ask, how about adjusted for inflation?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, Endgame is still bigger by quite a bit if you adjust for inflation. And not that it matters what the number one movie is, but just I just don't like.
Speaker 2: And it's entertainment. The topic doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I just don't like people's lack of understanding about the economy and inflation and dollars and says because it factors into all the politics stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the example of slopulism I didn't get to was rent control, which is just the ultimate that is the king, Queen and Jester of counterproductive populist policies. It ruins your ability to find affordable rent. Well, yeah, so here here I am. You know, you can talk about Spider Man. It's the biggest movie opening his head. Oh my god, I loved it. My kids thought I loved it too.
Speaker 1: You and you can have that conversation that probably is more appealing and more people like it and you make more money, or I can point out that Endgame came out in twenty nineteen. We've had roughly thirty percent cumulative inflation since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Thirty percent, that's the story.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, God dang it. I didn't think that's where this was going. But why why.
Speaker 2: Pretend that beat out? And because I don't know whatever, Live live your enjoyable life.
Speaker 4: I guess our politicians and the media are spinning a spider web of lies.
Speaker 2: If you will, they aren't.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you get big by a radioactive spider. You're not a superhero with a hot chicken girlfriend. Right, Radiation burns and the painful lesion is really all you can.
Speaker 2: Expect, probably somemothing bedtime. Oh about it, Armstrong and Getty