Speaker 1: Yo, what's up?
Speaker 2: You're off in God's Country with your boys. Read and Dan Isbel also known as the Brothers Hunt when we take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music and our great eye dolls, two things that go together like a couple of mixed drinks in a five hour Twitch streaming session of Call of Duty.
Speaker 3: Or Big Alaska Brown Bears. And it's fishing in Alaska.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. Scary stories. Scary stories, it's good one. He'll tell it. Brought to you by meat Eater.
Speaker 3: And and you know what the time is, it's time again.
Speaker 2: Ash, there we go. I don't remember mine.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 2: Sponsorman in the show A Baby's cors the sponsorman in a show time Baby got your skin and lit his skin and get on fashion.
Speaker 4: Cow are you?
Speaker 1: I'd hop on an orders or.
Speaker 5: Something right now, because it goes the spy the rent of the show.
Speaker 4: Baby. You know this.
Speaker 1: I seen army on the top and then we flipped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty natural, though, Ray, how did you feel about that performance? Egals screaming.
Speaker 1: And flash.
Speaker 2: I have freedom flying up, plays Aaron Tippany, speaking of freedom. We uh, we have mister Craig Morgan that dude loves freedom. Hey, I would say a freedom representer, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Craig Morgan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his hardest, Red white and Blue, two times he was He was on a while back at the old old spot, and now I came back for the new spot and we do not talk about music. And there's really no format format to this thing at all. It's uh, it was ah. Some people call it show, but there's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I will enjoy it.
Speaker 3: We all laughed a lot and he did this a lot. It was It was great man, love Gray Morgan, Thanks for coming to Craig's awesome man, great stories. Uh tells a week story about an encounter with a with a grizzly which is which is dope?
Speaker 1: I'm the wlad he did that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's also the twentieth year anniversary of Redneck Yacht Club.
Speaker 1: Can you believe?
Speaker 2: I cannot believe that in twenty years that's in unbelievable. And I think that's the whole reason he came back and we didn't even talk about it.
Speaker 4: So here you are a pr publicist.
Speaker 3: This is our attempt to make up for not talking about the reason you came to the show.
Speaker 2: So go listen.
Speaker 4: To realnick Yachta.
Speaker 1: That I think so got party text on day. Don't date dude.
Speaker 2: It's a good song.
Speaker 1: It's a good song twenty years I heard. Listen to it.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks y'all for hanging out, Thanks for supporting us, thanks for leaving us. Five star review.
Speaker 1: Is that uh smell?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is that the microwaves about to go off? Dinner?
Speaker 1: Bell put it in there. It is It's been eight hours.
Speaker 3: Groundbreaking concept five stars from Breaking Brad twenty.
Speaker 1: Three a lot of breaking in there.
Speaker 3: God's Country is a brilliant, crown breaking podcast that does something no other podcast does. The brothers Hunt used their platform to invite on a guest that sounds like someone you would have you would have loved to hear from, and then uses their show to make it all about them. Whether it's a record shattering deer two eleven, who's coming, Whether it's a record shattering deer kill all the people they know, or how or how much they hate traffic. It's all Isbelle, all the time. The best part is everything leads back to Luke Comb's On a serious note, you guys are awesome. I've never killed an animal, but I love your hunting stories. You're the best, five stars, dang breaking good one coming in there, strong breaking, bread breaking, Brad, ground breaking break. You know, in my head, it's the same guy, Leaven the same reviews over and over and over because they feel sorry for us. What do you think they're gonna be the same guy?
Speaker 1: You think it's just the same. It's the same guy.
Speaker 3: I think somebody's going, man, let's just get on a new profile, and so we give these guys fus start.
Speaker 1: Nah, I think it's different.
Speaker 2: I think hopefully there's enough people that listen this podcast that they're they're sending them. Keep sending them, Yeah, keep sending them, keep listening, keep sharing, keep subscribing. Great Morgan, do all those things. You're gonna enjoy this one. It's an s show. But as Dan likes to say, but do your best one.
Speaker 1: Do one right.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Check out next time.
Speaker 2: See all right, we got another. We've done this before, but we're about to do it again. We got the newest two time back to the God's Country. We got two and a half billion b career streams, twenty five charted Billboard songs. A call of duty guy. He's widely known for his massive hits this old boy almost tone running at yacht Club. That's what I love about Sunday's little bit of Live. International hoster and Bonfire author of the memoir Guard Family and Country, Grand ol Op. Remember, man, we could go on and on back for round two on God's Country. We got mister Craig, our buddy Morgan right here in God's Country is today man see Morgy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say I'm honored to be back. I didn't think you'd have me back after her previous one.
Speaker 1: Dude, you kind of blew up.
Speaker 2: I think you're one of like the biggest stuff. It was one of my episodes.
Speaker 1: Fun. I'm gonna be honest with you. Let's talk about it was fun. Yeah, I'm glad you came back. This is gonna be fun too.
Speaker 2: It's already fun. For the best thing, so the best the best thing about like somebody coming back is that you don't have to do the getting to know you bet so now so now you can just like we can just hang you know, and just talk about some things.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool.
Speaker 2: So, uh so that's what we're gonna do to make today. Man, How you been good?
Speaker 1: Busy? Busy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I keep thinking that I've been saying this for like five years.
Speaker 2: Man, you're gonna retire, You're gonna slow down.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I expect that they people will quit coming eventually, you know. I mean there's man every day, you guys know, every day there's new people. Yeah, yeah, I mean I did a show the other day in Louisiana. I did a show in Louisiana the day with a new kid. Jeff, No, not Jeff, Josh. What's the kid's name? American Idol number two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, man up runner up on American Idol. John he was number Yeah, he was the runner up on American Idol.
Speaker 2: People back there looking at.
Speaker 4: Good kid, though?
Speaker 1: What John? That's right John Foster?
Speaker 4: So his girlfriend is one of my best friend's daughter. Wow. So Kevin Wrandham, the Supercrosser, his wife's sister.
Speaker 1: So his sister in law. So it's his niece? Is his is his girlfriend? How did you make that connection?
Speaker 4: They call me dude. Every time the kid was on TV, they would text me and go, you need to post something about John.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't watch the show. John. You know me? Yes? Josh? Okay? John? John Foster? Good kid though?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: So we was in Louisiana, and I'm like, everybody's like, oh, John Foster, John Foster. I'm like, who is he?
Speaker 4: Like, he's on American Idol, Man, He's gonna win it. That's what I was hearing every week, and like, well, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't watch the show though, what season or they on?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But Luke is on the show, So I refuse to watch it. I don't want to lose my opinion of him. I like him, and I'm afraid if I watch the show, I'll go he's dumber than I thought.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I don't think he's dober than you think.
Speaker 4: You know. I love him, dude. In fact, I'm sure the show's better because he's a wild card.
Speaker 1: Though. Man, he is the guy I've only been Blake on there still.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it would fail for sure if Blake was there. No, he's on he No, he got fired from the Voice, did he? Yeah, he got fired for it's a different one running his mouth fire he talked too much. Yeah he got fired. Good for we were just on tour together, and I know the whole story. I can't tell it, but I can tell you he got.
Speaker 2: I don't see how. I don't think he would jive with that system out there anyway.
Speaker 4: He did for like ten years.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean everybody's got to know.
Speaker 1: Just made his money. Guy. I don't blame him.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean any and he, like I said, he run his mouth too much.
Speaker 1: But you know what, he's happily made, got his thing going in his family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's fine, and he's killing it on the road. We just, like I said, we did a tour together this year.
Speaker 1: I think he's evergreen dude.
Speaker 3: I think he's one of those guys that people will just always love to see and hear.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't you don't think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, officially he's not gonna I mean he's lucky. The only reason I see him take his noaw is called American cause the boys, yeah are Gwen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Gwen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Go see him and maybe Gwen will show up. That's what they really want. That's smart, that's what they really want.
Speaker 1: Yeah's a that's a funny dude too. Those I mean, both of.
Speaker 4: Those guys, both of them funnier than crap.
Speaker 1: Did. I love them both deer hunters too.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's the last Uh well, Luke is Blake ain't a deer hunt. No, I've seen you shoot the turkey before. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know they sure they encouraged it. Did they come on turkey?
Speaker 4: You know you've seen hunting Texas a lot because you can hunt over feet.
Speaker 1: You know he'll do that. I seen him in Oklahoma and you can drink while you hunt there. Yeah, I think he does that a lot.
Speaker 2: Likes to drink. Hey, we do we do something called First of all, what do you think about the new digs Man?
Speaker 1: It's also studio, the new studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks it looks familiar though, really yeah, I mean never been in here?
Speaker 4: No, I know that's what I'm saying. It's different than the last place. But you got some of the same.
Speaker 2: You feel at home? Yeah, yeah, comfortable. We do this thing called what You're mad at. I don't think we were doing it last time you were here, But check this out. What you're mad?
Speaker 4: Just tell us what it is? What you mad?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: You're in last kids might be your best man or your neighbor's cat. Mess that up.
Speaker 4: Just tell us what you mad.
Speaker 2: I guess I guess it could be your best man if you were getting married and he was doing something. What is it what you're mad at? Your boss man? Boss man, it's early early. Uh, you can be mad, you can be glad. It's just a little session to get some things off your chest. Man, that's what we like to do.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going first. I have to think about mine. Anybody you go first.
Speaker 2: I'm glad this morning. No, I'm mad and I'm glad. Here's what I'm mad at. Got a got a thing in the mail from the from a town in Tennessee that's on the Kentucky border. And uh it said, dear Benjamin isbel You are the owner of this car, so therefore you this ticket. It's your responsibility to pay this speeding ticket. That looks there was a picture of Jordan's car going down the road and it looks like some private investigation stuff. Man, it looks like like there's a there's a picture of her back of her car and zoomed in on her lisn's plate. She was doing eleven miles an hour of speak limit got her?
Speaker 1: Did you pay it?
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean neither. I got one too kind. I wasn't in the car though I wouldn't either. I don't even I'm not even sure if it's my car cut in photoshops.
Speaker 1: Here's the question. If it says dear Read isbel but yet you're not in the car, are you liable to pay? I mean, that's what they try.
Speaker 2: I will. I will say this too on the on the letter in like bold red. It's like, this is not a moving violation.
Speaker 4: I get an official letter from the government. I won't pay it.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of the same way.
Speaker 1: It could be so much. Yeah, there's a lot of more. That's right, man.
Speaker 4: There's you know, fake stuff every day, people trying to get your money.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Every day we shut.
Speaker 1: Down ten fake Craig Morgan's a week people.
Speaker 2: I bet they out there day.
Speaker 1: It blows my mind.
Speaker 4: Especially like this is Craig's private this is my private site.
Speaker 2: Craig dot Morgan dot com.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you.
Speaker 6: My wife and I are having problems, credit card issues.
Speaker 4: I don't want to take that eighty year old woman.
Speaker 2: You're right though, You're right though fake, it could be fake, so I won't pay it. I don't think it is, but I'm not paying it because of this conversation. But at the same time, like everything's a scam, man, it's a scam. Everything is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it could. I think it's a scam too. I think there's these organizations. I know for a fact. I know for a fact because I get them in Europe all the time. Like when i'd go to Scotland, you know, you drive, they drive on the wrong side of the road.
Speaker 1: So I got like I got home, I had like fifteen tickets. They just sent them to your house, and he sent them.
Speaker 4: To the house and cross. Yeah, hey, you got to pay this one hundred and twelve dollars each time.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in old things.
Speaker 4: Went back, rented another car, did it again, thank you, same thing. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: He never paid first one. It's all a lie.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 4: It ain't the government, man, it's these organized private companies.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: They put these cameras out there and they think they can get away with it. Right.
Speaker 2: I've seen I've seen a senator or a governor or somewhere burn I've seen that same thing in the paper of those parking tickets.
Speaker 4: And it was not just parking for those it was yes, because he said it wasn't the local government.
Speaker 2: That's right. He was literally YouTube. He's like, hey, if you get one of these from one of these companies, one of these organizations that that are that are ticketing you for for parking or for for speeding.
Speaker 1: He was like, do this and let it on fire.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I get an email or if I get an official document.
Speaker 2: Miss.
Speaker 4: War for your rest because you didn't pay the stake, Okay, I'll pay Yeah right now, I believe you.
Speaker 1: I believe that you Yeah. But otherwise it's fake man.
Speaker 2: Yeah with that not paying that, not paying that.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, I'm not mad at anything either. We had a great cookout with the fam last night. Sorry you couldn't make it, Jordan. It was a lot of fun. We cooked some steaks and had babies jumping in kiddie pools and swinging and riding foyard.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I will say I am I am glad about I've got a neighbor named Hendrick and he is the best. And what he does about it, I think it's because his kids are moved out and he listens to this and now he'll know my.
Speaker 1: Psyche behind stage. But he's the best. Dude. He's the best.
Speaker 3: So his kids moved out and so now like every like week and a half he'll just mow everything.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: This yard, my fence lines, where my feeder is.
Speaker 2: Dude, I love them on. I could, I mean, I love them on.
Speaker 4: I think it's just like his.
Speaker 1: Way of being like I'm gonna get out of the house. It's kind of and it's awesome.
Speaker 3: His deck is like five foot wide, so he can like get a little like commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so he's a zero turn. This is his thing. He just kind of puts his headphones on. He's got his classes. Matter of fact, this hat I'm wearing right now. He gave me this hat. I don't even know what it is. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: The black ass got number thirty two on Thanks Man. So I'm I'm happy about my having a good neighbor. Dude, it be a good neighbor. Maybe that's what I'm trying to get to. Maybe maybe I should cut some neighbors grass occasionally. I don't have time for that, but if I did, I would cut somebody else's grass.
Speaker 2: Said would probably appreciate it if you cut his grass well, because he cuts yours.
Speaker 1: Old didn't have three kids under six, You know what I mean? Filled up?
Speaker 3: He is too that'll go to college. But I did put gas in his more. I did good for you. Yeah, man, I was like, hey, man, here you go. They think gas. Sure, man, keep cutting my shit. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Are you mad at anything?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I got a donkey, y'all?
Speaker 2: You got a donkey.
Speaker 4: It's freaking awesome. Her name is Tulip.
Speaker 1: Some friends my neighbor has a donkey and his name is Cupcake. It's awesome, dude. She comes running when I go out there.
Speaker 4: Yesterday's first time I've seen her because they delivered her while I was down in Florida and around.
Speaker 1: How do you even gay? Ever?
Speaker 4: How do you get to pull through the gate and he comes running? It's like and they told me for she's a little honery and she comes running up. I'm out the buggy and my wife gets out of the buggy and that I'm like, get back into buggy.
Speaker 1: I don't know full sized many donkeys like a.
Speaker 2: Medium donkeys are mean to some of them, That's what they say.
Speaker 4: She came running right up to me and stop right in front of me and put her head and I scratched her head.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you gotta be kidding me, and i'd.
Speaker 4: Rub her and you number neck and you know, pet over and she's so this morning I went out and got the buggy early and I went down out to the other side of the farm.
Speaker 1: And here's she comes.
Speaker 4: And she ran right up the cows coming. And when the cows came up, she kind of ran in between them, bumped them away from But this is my guy. And I gave her, Yeah, and I gave her some carrots. They love carrots. You got a buddy, now I do.
Speaker 1: Wow. What was the what was the reasoning behind geting a donkey?
Speaker 4: I got cows and they say donkeys, well, are super protective of them. They'll keep coyotes and predators heard.
Speaker 1: Of doing that, especially like throwing them in with with horses and stuff. And she does. She hangs with the cows. They said.
Speaker 4: The first two days she was there, she wouldn't go near them. And then and now wherever they're at, and if there's there's six of them kind of hang together. And if five of them come, she'll go run the other one up to them. Yeah, it's crazy. So she heards them like a dog's.
Speaker 1: You're just like, I think, I just want a donkey, and.
Speaker 4: I've been want one for a long time, just hadn't had a chance to adopt.
Speaker 3: How are they about, I mean, how are they about staying in the fence, staying in fences this?
Speaker 1: I mean, let's your first run two weeks right now? So is she young? Is she like an old?
Speaker 5: She's not old? But not we're going to go to purchaseing no clue, dude, I just you know, a donkey. I love my donkey.
Speaker 1: So you just like hopped on Amazon ordered the donkey show.
Speaker 4: I was gonna I was gonna buy one, you know, And I'd go on like at the uh the sales sales and stuff, you know, and never they never had them there when I was there, And I'd look on Facebook market and like, oh there's one, it's ninety miles away.
Speaker 1: I don't really want to paul it that far.
Speaker 4: No kid. And I was at the house and some friends were over and they had their son with them and his him and his girlfriend and we were talking about something and he goes, they said, you were looking for a donkey, and like, yeah, I've been looking for one for a while. And she said, we got one, we'll give it to you. I said, do what. She said, I'll deliver it. I said, no, shut up. I said, I'm serious. I'll come get it tomorrow. I've been trying to find it. She said she's a little honery. I said, oh and that so she bet yeah.
Speaker 1: I said, I'll go. She said no, we'll bring it.
Speaker 4: So I was gonna go get it that next day. And they couldn't be there with me, and they wanted to be there with me, and they said, we'll just bring it to you. And I'm leaving day after tomorrow'll bring it anyway. They signed it.
Speaker 1: You have to sign a guitar or something, a picture.
Speaker 4: No, they didn't ask for nothing. Didn't ask for nothing. You know, really nice stake, yet it.
Speaker 1: Counts. It's one of my best friends boys, girlfriends. So nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could have, uh, yesterday, you could have gone down to Murphysboro and got you at zebra.
Speaker 1: Do you see that?
Speaker 2: No, there was a zebra that got out of somewhere yesterday. I don't in Rotherford County and it was running around.
Speaker 3: That's that's why I need your next album, album album picture to be on the front.
Speaker 4: It is just you on a zebracing part of my property. No way, just so I can put some things, just some weird stuff.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm for my kids and grandkids. That's fine.
Speaker 4: Could be sitting in a blind and you know the grandkid. Hey, Poppy, what is that? That's a white tailed deer. That's a good buck, ain't it. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Poppy? What is that? Poppy? That's a kudoo? What is that? That's a zebra?
Speaker 3: So you're doing a high fence, like twenty acres or something like that.
Speaker 4: I want to do like a couple of hundred. I'm gonna make it at least a couple of hundred. I want to be able to hide, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know if it was gonna be like a pin or.
Speaker 4: Like, no, no, I'm not doing a pin. I'm gonna do a couple hundred day because that's kind of a pin.
Speaker 1: A little bit still. But but they got enough for him to run around. Yeah, yeah, we're you gonna put in there. Grow what's the weirdest thing you're gonna put in there? I don't know. Probably the zebra. That's pretty weird in our in Dixon. Man.
Speaker 2: Well that's probably what happened. One got out and rather be come of years, we get out in Dixon.
Speaker 1: I won't get out.
Speaker 2: He who's was it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: There's a song there's a songwriter in town, Bobby Pinson. Yeah, I wasn't gonna say his name, but he don't care. He had a what was it?
Speaker 1: Elk?
Speaker 2: He had elk and they were running down sixty five.
Speaker 4: They had a bunch of elk in Oklahoma. That's ranched there that got out. Really like eighteen of them got how really he never did catch them.
Speaker 1: They're out now.
Speaker 2: Wow, word on the street is you're you're quite the uh the call of duty guy? Now, when COVID happened, I was living by myself in a trailer on fifty acres and I literally bought Internet just so I could play Call of Duty, Like.
Speaker 1: I freaking I'm meet up with it, dude, It's bad.
Speaker 2: I ain't played it no one. I ain't playing it long money though I get paid?
Speaker 1: You made money?
Speaker 2: Are you streaming?
Speaker 1: I'm twitching?
Speaker 4: Bro? What?
Speaker 1: Yes? I had to delete last night's twitch. Oh. I was cussing them out in Spanish. I don't want people, Can we just get one Spanish?
Speaker 2: Cuss words?
Speaker 4: Just one. Uh No, I don't know the words.
Speaker 1: I only know the really bad cuss words.
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: But he said, no, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna do it. You know, I'm ashamed of it. Okay, No, but they're fine. And I will say that.
Speaker 4: Like I custom, y'all, I wrote a song, y'all, y'all, y'all got to hear this. I mean, I play this. So I go solo a lot.
Speaker 1: It is that kind.
Speaker 4: I didn't write it. We did a parody to a song. You know what what I should do. I'm gonna Spanish. No, this is this is a true story. So I go in solo a lot and I'll push a team. What I'll do is I'll go get close to the team.
Speaker 2: Call of duty.
Speaker 1: Right now, I thought you're talking about.
Speaker 2: So you're going you go, and so are you playing solos?
Speaker 1: I'm playing solo And I'll go in and I'll find a team.
Speaker 4: I'll see where there's a three man team, and I'll go try to get in close and send them a request to join their team.
Speaker 2: So I try to team up thing. Now, it's a thing.
Speaker 4: I try to do it a lot if I'm not if my buddies aren't on, that's the only way I'll play. I don't go random teams in anymore. You know you can do squad fields.
Speaker 1: I don't do that. I just go in solo. Yeah, squad you got your boys?
Speaker 4: I got my boys.
Speaker 2: And what's your name on there?
Speaker 4: Craig Morgan on my Twitch. My call of duty is CM all access. Craig Morgan all access. All right, So listen to this, bro, Pick me up, big me up. I took a three year eight to my heart, stopped running when the shooting starts.
Speaker 1: You should do this same so much today, right getting somebody snapping?
Speaker 4: I'm getting real scared. Pick me up before you go go.
Speaker 2: I came in into the match playing solo to get it before you go go.
Speaker 4: I gotta get back in the fight. How funny, dude, sir, are you playing in that?
Speaker 2: Are you playing that on your stream like to these teams bluetooth my.
Speaker 1: Phone to my whatever you call that boys car?
Speaker 4: How are you so technologically sadly?
Speaker 1: I got rona man okay, to a manager. He set all that crap up for me.
Speaker 2: How did you get into the game? How did you get into playing.
Speaker 1: Of course, right after COVID I went over to his house.
Speaker 2: Right, No, yeah, we were playing all the time. Me n LC were squat, we were we were he hammered he he was out in his barn and he was playing, like what are you doing?
Speaker 4: And he's like, if you're never heard of call it? I'm like, yeah, but this is not call of duty that I remember.
Speaker 1: I ended that. What ended that is the same thing that ended it for Reed. Come on, have a kid, kids, Oh yeah, kids. That's when I started when my kids.
Speaker 3: Saying there's two types of Call of Duty players. There's like the guys that don't have kids yet, and then the guys they're kids.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: And it's it's like a there ain't young play people playing. There's there's some young kids that will get in there and play, but it's mainly dudes probably younger than me now, but like my generation or older.
Speaker 4: Absolutely right. We will tell you though, there's some little kids too. And I got cussed out by a ten year old dude. Oh you get you get jammed on by bro and when and I went to pick him up and he was like, if you like, stude, how old are you?
Speaker 1: I'm ten?
Speaker 4: I said, and I got a nasty talking partner, one of my guys I play with. I mean, he's just filthy mouth dude. And this kid said, so can everybody? Can your partner hear him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So he was, we're all around this, and I'm like, hey, we'll pick you up.
Speaker 4: And he like, if you, I don't want to be on your team, and he starts cussing me out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, how old? He said? I'm ten?
Speaker 4: I said, where's your mama? And he said, my mom ain't here? And he said where's yours? I hope she dies of cancer, I swear to god, dude, he said. And my partner said, I know where your mama's at. She's at my house. You go, I'm like, no, bro, no, we don't.
Speaker 2: Do it as a That is a true guarantee you verbatim. That's exactly what happened. That verbatim.
Speaker 1: I bet that's what They're terrible And so I got to work.
Speaker 4: Now I just laugh at them, you know, now stand on top of me and make fun, you know.
Speaker 2: And tea bag I ten year olds talking about.
Speaker 4: Call of duty just made it where if you tip your report people from tea bag and you they'll shut them down. It's like it's becoming where they can't do it whatever.
Speaker 1: You know one of the rules. Man, that's hilarious. So how do you make money twitching? Yeah?
Speaker 2: People get there, people get on there, and I got subscribed. This guy is not worried about logistics. He's like, he likes results on. He wants a donkey, put a donkey depan. He don't care there, that's right. If he wants to play called set him his stuff. That I got a computer, I got a laptop.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's like the stuff I just told you to get me a laptop where I can twitch.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't even know what that means. Tell me what twitching is?
Speaker 4: Twitches? I mean, I'll tell you where I learned about twitch. I made fun of my managers. Maybe right after maybe during COVID, I don't know. But we did a concert at the bowling place. What's that called Brooklyn Bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it a bowling alley? He can find. I've never been. I've just done nothing.
Speaker 4: But we did a show there and it was one of them where you had to be six feet apart or whatever, and it was dumb, so dumb. But they said we're going to go on Twitch and I'm like, you know, I said the same thing. What the taylor is Twitch? And they're like, it's a it's an app where you can sell.
Speaker 2: Tickets to this live viewing experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a live viewing experience. And because it was one of those deals, I said, yeah, we'll do that. That sounds like smart. I'm like, you know, if we get a couple hundred people, it would be cool.
Speaker 1: We had like.
Speaker 4: Twenty thousand or thirty thousand viewers.
Speaker 1: And you'd never I mean I'd never known about it. Well, they couldn't fit in the Brooklyn Bowl, so I mean what I mean, yeah, they all come on and watch.
Speaker 4: So now, uh, you know, fast forward to a year ago and my tour manager says, if you're gonna play call Dudo, you might as well twitch and you know, talk about it on your other platforms and they'll come over maybe, and they have and they do.
Speaker 2: So how many people? How many people you got watching you at stream?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How many? Like It'll vary.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it'll be four, sometimes there will be three hundred.
Speaker 1: If I go on TikTok and talk about it, oh it'll pop. It's they'll they'll fly over there, bro.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing like getting you a little a couple of drinks in late at night. You ain't got nothing going going hollering at the boys saying if they want to squad up and going and running some some big math, big math stuff.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's then your Spanish start slurring.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying the.
Speaker 4: Next day you got a little video.
Speaker 2: This is this is gonna come and listen. I'm coming from a guy who who you know, I've never I've never been in the military. I've never even I've just watched movies.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how hotened it is from. Yeah, I need like.
Speaker 2: Like like I've like I've never, I've never. But there's but there's something in every I feel like warm blooded American man that wants to experience that in some way, that wants to go, that wants to go hunt bad guys.
Speaker 4: But million here's a lot of similarities. And I play with guys. Guys that I played the other day with a buddy of mine who was in uh near Israel.
Speaker 2: Uh he was over there like in person like he was that's where he was.
Speaker 4: And so after he got done uh with work, he was on playing you know, yeah, so yeah, and it's like a it's like a probably honestly, it's probably a step down. It's getting shot at, not dying, yes, not not getting hurt yet, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just looking back.
Speaker 4: It's funny because some of these keyboard commandos that would get on there and play with they're like, yeah, you know, and they're cussing you out, talking trash.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I love it. Come on, tough guy, yeah, get youse. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But those those like those last rounds when like it's you, it's like your team versus another team and you're the last ones and the thing, the circle's closing, it gets intense.
Speaker 4: Dude, I don't do that one. I mean I do we do DMZ Their gas spreads, you know, instead of closing in on you, it's from one central place and it starts expanding and you eventually you have to get out.
Speaker 2: God, I'm so glad you like college man. That makes me, like.
Speaker 4: I said, it's it's it's it's become a real bad habit for me.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely love. Yeah, there ain't no doubt.
Speaker 1: But my wife's you know, that's what she says a lot worse.
Speaker 4: How does your wife?
Speaker 1: How does your wife feel about it and.
Speaker 4: That don't get paid.
Speaker 1: It ain't such a big deal. Man's making money, man, damn right.
Speaker 3: That's we did it with music. We did it with everything we love. We just trying to make money for.
Speaker 1: That going to work.
Speaker 4: That's what I say after a show on the bus at night, like go back and go to work.
Speaker 1: Than that's awesome. I didn't know you could like to make money. Sixty eight bucks, you know state bucks today.
Speaker 4: Enjoy a couple of glasses wine, four hours hanging with my bros. Four hours you play for four hours.
Speaker 1: She cut my nuts off. I tried to play four hours.
Speaker 4: That ain't well.
Speaker 2: You know, goes by like that.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like golf.
Speaker 1: So you have you know, that one swing and you hit that ball and.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely perfect, right, make you come back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And then you have an entire twelve holes of the worst traff you've ever played, a triple bo that's called dude. You have twelve rounds. You know, you go in and your wifed out before you even leave your spawn spot. And then you have that round where you freaking kill five players and the board is cleared and you're running.
Speaker 1: And the boys, everybody.
Speaker 4: It's just like see I got to play with we send those memes? Is that what it's called memes?
Speaker 3: Look, you can't talking about twitching and not know what memes are.
Speaker 4: It's means right pronunciations.
Speaker 1: You got it. The memes are too good and it's like us.
Speaker 4: You know, you know one guy, you know, it shows you him dancing and he got one kill, you know, and everybody else wife to board.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 4: I got one killed, and I'm bragging, you know.
Speaker 1: I am thankful, so happy.
Speaker 3: I feel like memes are a new like they're they're okay. So like twenty years ago, nobody knew what memes were, and I feel like.
Speaker 1: Twenty years ago we didn't know what.
Speaker 3: Memes are a new like avenue of humor, and they're not. I guess there would still be kind of new at this point. But yeah, I'm pretty thankful for the man. They bring a lot of joy.
Speaker 1: In my life.
Speaker 4: You know, they bring a lot of joy in my life.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna just google Craig Morgan meme and just see what comes up there.
Speaker 4: Better not be Greg Morgan. They make fun of my faces when I sing, you know, oh yeah you do. Come When I had my first thing, Benny Brown, who owned the label whom I love. And I'm grateful too because I have a career because of Benny's passion from me and my music. Uh, and I'm I'm back on Broken Bow, so full here we are full circle. But I did Conan and after that show, Ben he told us we will He'll never pay to have us do any more TV again because of the faces that I make. He didn't want people to get the wrong impression. That's a true story, dude. And now social media, you know, so you.
Speaker 1: Know there's a bunch of good ones on here is it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: One of them says, uh, it's got you on there, that says, you mean to tell me the four Seasons are not Deer, Elk, Turkey and Duck. It's choked out by Craig Morgan. And it's got you choking the guy out. It's pretty good. Yes, Oh that happened to choke a guy out. I did choke the guy out on radio one time. I'll never do that again either.
Speaker 2: On radio, Like what do you mean on radio?
Speaker 4: Big Dan Patrick, Big Dan Bubba. They wanted they said, hey, we hear you choke out your band members.
Speaker 1: Wait do you do you used to Yeah. I used to choke them out. They volunteer. Once I knew they were going to be there for a while, they wouldn't assume me.
Speaker 2: Just to pass them out, like just the man, let him feel it.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they went unconscious like like for five yeah, like for fun, but not like because they messed it like no, no, just for fun, wrong song. No, it was just for fun. They come up on the bus. I'd be standing in the door waiting for him to come out.
Speaker 5: Of yeah, prance on him to him about man, it was fun, all right, it was funny.
Speaker 1: Been terrifying, it's fun, you know.
Speaker 4: And I did it to Patrick and he didn't wake up real quick, and it made me so nervous. Dude, like his eyes rolled back in.
Speaker 1: His head and he did the like he had a head injury.
Speaker 4: You know, the yeah oh he did. Oh he started compulsing a little. And I'm looking him like, oh he's fine, sah, just kidding.
Speaker 1: He comes to and he's like what happened?
Speaker 4: And it was like that movie, bro, you got choked.
Speaker 3: I had to do that to a toad frog yesterday, like my mom brought him to Boon, was like, something's wrong with my frog? And I was like, no, he's fine, he's fine. I just started CPR.
Speaker 1: And he gave CPR to frog. I did my broke picky. I just did it work. Yeah, I mean, I guess, I don't know. He's probably not alive now, but he worked. He flipped over, he had water, he had it.
Speaker 3: Of course, we had a kiddie pull out and they called a frog while they threw the toad in the water. Well, as we all know, toads don't live in the water, you know.
Speaker 1: So I think this toad needs something to dry off.
Speaker 2: To go home.
Speaker 3: And so I got him. I was like, oh man, what's the little man? Any kind of like he just kind of he did His eyes didn't never like pop open, but he just kind of flipped over. I was like, good enough for me.
Speaker 1: Later he's good. Best of lot by, Yeah, turn him loose.
Speaker 2: You spent a lot of time in in uh Alaska and uh, what's your because me and Dad we're talking about this too, is like, what's your wildest encounter? Have you ever had any grizzly encounters or any like sketchy.
Speaker 1: Been fishing and have grizzlies coming up in the creek?
Speaker 2: Give us, give us the give us the sketchiest moment. It could be anywhere. Give us Give us your sketchiest moment in the outdoors.
Speaker 4: Grizzly bear hunting on Kodiak Island.
Speaker 1: You're hunting grizzly bears.
Speaker 4: No, I was hunting black tailed deer. Okay, so it's just me and my cameraman.
Speaker 2: Kodiaks with like the that's where the big browns are, right, the giant.
Speaker 4: Brown And I didn't know this at the time. I'd heard, like I guess I'd heard rumors or conversation that the bear on.
Speaker 1: Coked Nobody told you this before you like went and stayed there and hunted. Hey, there's some huge bears. Went.
Speaker 4: I went with a with a a guy who knows the island, knows where the bear. But we're filming. I'm like, this is what I do for a living room. I'm gonna killer.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling your roach? You're hunting the Craig Morgan Road series.
Speaker 4: Yes, And in this film we actually won an old board. You remember the Outdoor Channel had the Golden Moose Awards. We won the Golden Moose Award that year for best Big Game Hunt, and I did not recover the deer, but it's because of the footage that we got and it was then here's why.
Speaker 1: So we're hunting.
Speaker 4: We're on Kodyak, we're three miles from They drop you off on the coast. We hike in three miles through the brush and get up in this point and I see this beautiful black tail deer and I know from four.
Speaker 1: Hundred yards I could see is racked with the naked eye.
Speaker 2: That's a joint deer. Excuse me, black tail, that's that we're talking about. That's like a one hundred and thirty Yeah, white derivative of the white tail, looking.
Speaker 4: If you compare them number wise, But that's big. That's as a giant.
Speaker 1: How does their body compare to a white tail?
Speaker 4: They're short deer, but big body, bigger than I had to expect it, chunky. So I shoot this deer four hundred and something yards. We're high fiveing, freaking. He kills over it, no rolls, gets up, takes off running, oh okay, and then falls like we high five looking through the binos.
Speaker 1: Everything's good.
Speaker 4: We start doing cutaways, getting the safety shot and doing.
Speaker 2: All these things, the fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we do all that.
Speaker 4: And you know, there's five hundred and forty yards away from us looking at it. But we're on top of here looking at the deer. You see the deer, well, I seen it go down, but you can't really see it in all that brush.
Speaker 1: I washed it, washed it fall over. Looks like a good shot, looks like a dund Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we pack everything up, and like I said, we're on top of this hill and thirty yards down you get into the scrub and this stuff is above your.
Speaker 1: Head, the brush.
Speaker 4: We're packing up, we're just about to step off, and my cameraman, Brandon says, hey, there's something down there at the bottom of the hill. He's seen something move, and so we're looking, and mind you, it's only one hundred yards to the bottom of the hill. And all of a sudden I seen it step out of the brush and it was a grizzly and I'm like, oh, but I shot the deer up here right wind's blowing in this direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, deer's up here.
Speaker 4: The bears between us and where I shot, and we're literally watching this bear and I'm like, if it's going straight, it won't catch it. We'll be fine. It turns and it walks, and I swear to you it went just maybe forty yards left of where I shot the deer. And when it got to where that deer ran across, it stood up and it looked back and it barked. And this, this, this grizzly had three cubs with it. All three of the cubs dropped.
Speaker 1: To their hunch it.
Speaker 4: They hunched down, and it took off at a dead run on the trail that my deer ran on. Dead run, dead run, And my Brandon is filming all this and I'm like, oh, dude, it's running right towards my deer.
Speaker 1: Might please freaking no, no.
Speaker 4: Because in Alaska, if the bear get to the down animal before you do, it belongs to them. You can't do anything about it. You can't shoot the bear. Now you're legally legally you cannot shoot it. If I had gotten down there and got to the deer and the bear came on us, I can I can defend myself. Yeah, But we watch it and all of a sudden, the three cubs start running too, and it hits my deer, and dude, it was like something like I said the footage, this is why we won. It grabbed that deer and slung it up in the air and I heard the deer go. It wasn't completely dead, And for five minutes we sit and watch this bear kill and finish off my deer. And then we spent the next three hours watching it and the cubs eat it. And then I watched her bury it and it was getting dark and we're like, I'm like, bro, we got a three mile walk back. At that moment, I was nervous. It's the most nervous I'd ever been. First time I'd ever been nervous hunting, because I've always been you know, I'm apex predator. Bro got four eighty on my chest, got a rifle but in the dark. But in the dark, and they are super creepy. Dude, they are they are the predator there they own it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And so we had to hunt back all the way back. I went back once, and I went back that next year and shot another deer in the exact same spot where he buried that deer, and we looked for that deer. I was looking for the Yeah, I never did find it, but it was kind of cool that I went back and killed another way. But I was as nervous as i've ever been.
Speaker 1: I bet walking back you had a three sky walk back. It made it made.
Speaker 4: Me nervous again. Up to that point on the island. They say, if you shoot twice.
Speaker 1: The bear is on his it's on its way.
Speaker 2: That's how they're saying it. That's the dinner bell weed.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We used to h the spot in uh in Montana and the first time we ever drove up to it, there was a sign on the on the post, a little little walk through post, and it said do not. It was like do not.
Speaker 3: He basically just said it had the official Montana and it was like don't go pretty much, don't go up the street latter head like they had just put it up there.
Speaker 2: So the guy we called him and was like, hey man, we know there's elk up here. It's public land. Like why are you telling people not to go up here? He was like, see the trail right up above you and where that crest goes over on the top of that shelf up there. He's like, yeah, he's like two hundred yards past that on that trail is a mama grizzly sitting on sitting on half of an hour. Oh yeah, that a hunter had to leave behind because she was chasing him out of the out of the trail.
Speaker 1: After he killed it, He's like, you topped that hill this game.
Speaker 2: He's like, we can't legally tell you not to go up there, but do not go up there, and so I won't do it.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you I will not. Two things you don't want to happen, even with a black bear. And a black bear a kind of like cats. They really are. They're super skittish unless it's a female with cubs or over food, right, and then they become grizzly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the grizzly is like that all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean they're just territorial. They're aggressive. They're mean when they are. If you if you like I've been fishing and have a grizzes to come in the water after the fish, mind your business, let the bear eat. If they start coming in, you know, you'd kind of ease off. Let them have that area, they own it, but otherwise they won't really bother.
Speaker 1: I was doing a.
Speaker 4: Show called who Nottel Hotel Impossible? Anthony?
Speaker 1: What's his name? Anthony?
Speaker 4: No Anthony, but it was Hotel Impossible, So I became his anytime he did a hotel where he you know, went in and fixed it up and helped them do it. And if it was in the woods or off grid or anything like that, he would call me in. I was his expert.
Speaker 1: You know. It was fun. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: So we did a hotel in Alaska that was off grid and we went salmon fishing. And while we were fishing, he's like, well, what do you do if a bear comes in, you know, Craig, And I'm like, you just mind your business. And as if on Q it's like as if God said you're welcome. A grizzly walks out upstream from us, and he's like, oh my god, he's like taking off from Like no, no, just relax, you know, just keep fishing, just keep your on him. And he ended up working his way upstream away from us. But he was flipping out, you know, and you know, I'm I'm a little nervous at that point, you know, but I'm thinking, we're not far from the vehicles. We can we can get back, you know. And one of the guys, one of the guys that was with us, had to go, and you know, one of the guys, So I'm like We're good, you know, just mind you business, you know, And.
Speaker 1: Later to this day he's still like, man.
Speaker 4: Craig was like freaking John Wayne, dude, he just stood there when the bear came out. Really he didn't know myself. He couldn't see.
Speaker 2: Dropping them out the bottom.
Speaker 3: Of it, the same place where Heder was talking about we ended We ended up going back, uh, three or four days later because we didn't have families and we had no money, no responsibility.
Speaker 1: So we were like, why not, let's just try it. Who cares? Maybe we'll die, maybe not, who knows.
Speaker 2: I'll preface this with the way I think I'm gonna go is either a rattlesnake or a grizzly. Dude, I really do think I'm gonna die one day by a rattlesnake or a grizzly.
Speaker 1: And then this happens to us. So that's terrible you're saying that, Dang.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, Okay, when he goes, you want to be the co host with me on this show. When read goes, you can just pop in and we can talk about that.
Speaker 1: When he goes. Yeah, maybe it's a long time from how hopefully, let's hope that's hope.
Speaker 4: So we go up this, we go up that same we re place the rattlesnakes around them a lot.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what, I haven't seen any of them.
Speaker 4: I'm living illegal shoot them in Tennessee too, I know. Yeah, yeah, unless they're invading your chickens or something, you shoot yours, you shoot ears over there.
Speaker 1: I got chickens, just saw and killed the rattlesnakes.
Speaker 2: We've had t w a.
Speaker 1: Literally just don't post it, yeah, just don't tell. The same with the copperheads and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, if someone can kill me and I have a chance to kill it, apax predator, predator.
Speaker 1: So we go up.
Speaker 2: We go all the way to the backside of this public property. It's probably a six mile block, not a huge piece, but we had heard that they were working there. Obviously they were ouk in the area because there were bears in the area. So we go all the way back and we're watching this herd. This herd is own private and we're just sitting in the snow watching and all of a sudden we hear a gunshot. Well, here comes the elk down the hill and we're like, oh my gosh, they're about to come jump this fence. The only way they could go is come down this this mountaintop. There's a there's a chef that goes down to a valley back up, and the fence from private to public is right here.
Speaker 1: The only way they can do We're two hundred yards from the crossing.
Speaker 2: The only way, the only place they could go unless they go diving off this cliff, is jump back on the public right here at this crossing. Perfect scenario.
Speaker 3: Our miles are watering right and there wasn't no giant you know, elk in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see them three coming off?
Speaker 3: So we're tracing through this snow and our brother in law's with us, and uh, I didn't have a tag.
Speaker 1: You were filming?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I had all the camera stuff and I was I had to set. They were took off running, so I'm tearing all this stuff down the while they were running. It's literal probably half cast snow, and I'm trying to so I'm trying to catch up. Well, I get to the top of the hill and I look down the hill and they're both just staring at each other like that, and they're looking down and they'll stare at each other.
Speaker 2: Let me take it let me take it. So I was running, running behind my brother in law. We were just trying to get to this pass where we could just shoot these elk as soon as they jump on the public and I'm running and I'm watching the l and about that time, I run into the back of my brother in law and I hit him and I'm like hey, hey, and he's.
Speaker 1: Going who wha what who who whoa? Whoa whoa?
Speaker 2: And I was like what. He goes, grab my pistol, Get my pistol, Get my pistol, and I was like what. So I grabbed his pistol and handed to him.
Speaker 4: He's get yours out.
Speaker 2: We were all carrying. He was carrying a forty four. I was carrying a forty. I don't know, damn's carrying forty five maybe, but I grabbed it.
Speaker 1: I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: He goes, look right here, and dude, I looked in front of him, and it's snowing pretty hard. So like any tracks that are that we're leaving or getting filled up, yeah, pretty quick. I look in front of him and it's almost like you took a basketball, a men's size basketball, and we're dribbling it like this just walking just doing like this going down and then you just saw the tips in the snow. But I'm get chill bumps right now. I think it was terrifying. And I was like, is that what I think it is? Is that what I think? He was like, get dude, He's like, he was like, just come right here. So we waited on Dan And I mean, like, there is a herd of Elk one hundred and fifty yards away from us on private and we did not at that point. It was not an Elk hount anymore. Yeah, it was only it was between where that bear went, where that grizzly went was the way we had to go to get down to our vehicle to get out of there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So I mean like and it did, like the tracks disappeared into some some trees right there, some furs, and we Charlie's Angel, that bitch all the way down that trail, and I'm talking about back to back, and we were getting we were getting pissed off at each other. That's the thing I remember the most. It's like everybody's sense of staying so heightened, man was so heightened that like normal conversation.
Speaker 1: Awesome, didn't it At the same time.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're talking at the bottom of it.
Speaker 3: We were sitting here talking about it. It was just like, yeah, it's pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, it's it. It it It takes you to a place of survival that you don't go to unless you're there, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's what combat is.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Now that's a whole other level.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't imagine what that feels like because not only are you protected, like are you Yeah, I bet it is awesome really because like you're fighting, you're fighting for your life, but at the same time, your brothers are right beside.
Speaker 1: You, and it's on you to keep them alive too. Yep.
Speaker 2: I bet that moment.
Speaker 4: I bet that that's why when you come home it's kind of hard, you know.
Speaker 3: To I wonder that if that's one of those guys struggles.
Speaker 1: There is no comparison to that.
Speaker 4: There's no speed limits, there's no you know, you're facing on bad guys every day and drive down the road and then some guy flips you off.
Speaker 1: You, you know, all of a sudden, you flip who Yeah, I need a freaking shooting.
Speaker 3: Do you think That's why a lot of vets have trouble, uh just coming back, is because because they're so used to the the lifestyle over there, no question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, and we've gotten better the middle. How do you fall out better at recognizing that so that they they develop transition times, places, locations, things that they will do. Like it used to when when soldiers would come home, they come home, they go to the unit, fly home, go to the unit, and then go home. Now they go someplace else and they're there for a while, and then they come to the unit and they have to stay at the unit for a little while.
Speaker 1: You know, they go through these decompression phases sort of speak.
Speaker 4: Most of now, there are some units and some operations that still take place where you know, guys that will deploy for six months come home.
Speaker 1: A lot of the contract guys.
Speaker 4: I got a buddy that's you know, former military's contract guy overseas right now, and when it's six months up, he'll come home, you know. And we get a lot of these guys that'll come up to Alaska. We bring these guys up there, and.
Speaker 3: You talk about that. So you take vets up there and kind of help them reacclimate.
Speaker 4: We do accept groups except for course, like Gary Sinice Foundation sends two groups a year and it's just veterans and it's awesome. These are my favorite people in the world to have up there because they really do enjoy the idea of just decompressing and relaxing and sharing their stories with each other.
Speaker 2: I bet some of those I bet some of those sessions like where they're talking and stuff kind of.
Speaker 1: I bet.
Speaker 2: I bet it's hard. I bet it at times. But I bet it's special too. I bet it's special for them to be able to release there it is and get it off your chest them in that environment.
Speaker 4: And it takes a lot of guts for a guy to go yeah, you know, man, I just I'm struggling, you know, especially the kind of guys that we're dealing with.
Speaker 1: You know, we have a.
Speaker 4: Lot of times like we just had a group of These are Tier one operators, you know, the tie These are Delta Force, Navy Seals, the agents.
Speaker 1: Real deal, no shit door banging or you know, killers.
Speaker 4: And when you have one of those guys who I know is one of the elite of the elite. These are the top one percent, toughest of the tough toughest of the toughest guys that have seen the worst.
Speaker 1: And when that guy sitting around the fire, he goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, man three months ago, man, I put a pistol in my mouth almost did it?
Speaker 1: Like, Bro, you know you're you're the you're the best there is. You don't do that? Yeah, no, even the best there is? Does it? Ok?
Speaker 3: Why do you think? Why do you think suicide is so high in those guys?
Speaker 1: Like why?
Speaker 2: What what triggers? Is it just a lack of reality or what what triggers that?
Speaker 1: No, it ain't a lack of reality.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a it's a it's a I think they have a better grasp on reality than most people. When you see the things that happen in this world, you know, it's I'm absolutely like the reality is what I was saying. These guys have to deal and see so much that are I get frustrated because our country doesn't know how ugly the world is. What's going on right now in uh in in uh with Hamas, Yeah, you know, I'm flabbergasted. I hate to see the loss of life. That's the one thing that olders don't want. We don't want war and We know that a strong military can detour war, sure, but when they see the things that they see and they come home and they have to deal with the ignorance in this country, it's super frustrating. You know. You take a guy who's been over there dealing and been in charge of millions on top of millions of dollars and in charge of personnel and comes over here and you know, you got some freaking twenty year old who don't have a clue trying to tell them something. You know, it can be it can be very stressful, it can be frustrating. But I tell them there's nothing that they're going to deal with here that's worth them taking their life over. It just ain't worth it. But you know, a lot of time that just a lot, you know, ship piles up.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: You know, I was talking to a guy the other day freaking with all the things that are going on, and you know, with the government and everything, life lost their job, they had to move out of their house. So you're basically looking at being homeless. And this is a this is a Tier one guy. Yeah, he's a stud man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's got to come back and face those things.
Speaker 4: You've got to fix all this stuff, you know, while still processing everything else.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, if you ain't never shot anybody in the face, you don't know what that's like. You know, it's a lot in man, not something you want to do.
Speaker 3: But I said, I say this a lot like I think playing music in bars in Mississippi for ten years really opened my eyes.
Speaker 1: To the world.
Speaker 2: Right are.
Speaker 3: We have great parents, our dad is a Baptist pastor, and we lived kind of in this like bubble like existence, and then going and doing this, I feel like it really opened my eyes to kind of like, oh man, there's some people out here I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say to the world. He probably opened your eyes to the American culture outside of what.
Speaker 1: Are not the world.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is is I can't imagine how multiplied that would be, going overseas ease and seeing evil.
Speaker 4: Well, the fact that you say that is acknowledgment, and that's a big deal. The problem is, I think a lot of people in our society now do not acknowledge that. They don't understand that they cannot appreciate, you know, but.
Speaker 1: It's because they don't want to, or is because they're not showing it. I think it's both. I think it's a little bit of both.
Speaker 4: My youngest he just don't understand a lot of stuff, you know, he just can't comprehend the ugly that's in the world. And it's you know, I'm partially to blame for that. You know, Like you're talking about your parents, you're trying to shield. I shielded them as much as I could from the ugly. You know, man, I cannot even tell you. I mean I can't. I can't tell you how mean people are in other countries. They don't care about us.
Speaker 2: They don't care, you know, most of them. They're talking about one more sections killed.
Speaker 1: Talking about gay people.
Speaker 4: I love people. I don't care about your sexual preference, any of that stuff. I don't care about your race, your creed, your religion. I'm going to try to love you. The majority of the world is not like that, though, y'all. And I'm not talking about in our country. They think our country is prejudice. You got no freaking idea. Man, go to Southwest Asia, any country in that part of the world, and they behead homosexuals, they behead Christians.
Speaker 1: Women have.
Speaker 4: Rights the way they do they will kill you. There are one hundred Christians a day dying in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran. I mean in North Korea a thousand people a day starve to death, die from starvation. Thou thousand people a day in North Korea. But you don't hear anyone talking about it. The main media will never talk about the fact that Iranians and Iraqis and Hamas and these people homosexuals. You talking about the funny stuff on the internet. I'm blown away when I see a gay person on the on TikTok going I'm leaving this country and going to Iraq just help support the Hamas. I'm like, you, idiot, they will kill you. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't don't go to You're you're better off here.
Speaker 4: And that's what those guys know. And so it's hyper frustrating. He tends to look yeah, but my blood pressures look at there, I'm at Yeah, my pulse is at ninety right now. My resting heart rate is fifty six.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: That's how and how aggravated. It's aggravating. It's frustrating, and I just it's sad at the same time.
Speaker 3: So to come full circle, you think, because these thought, it's a lot to deal with. Yeah, they come back to American we're all just a bunch of McDonald's eating idiots.
Speaker 2: It's like, no clue.
Speaker 4: Well, and then they got the pressure of life on top of that family, you know, and they're trying to be that guy and it's hard.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a lot. So I saw something fired me up last night.
Speaker 2: I was I was watching the the new Netflix thing, the Hunt for Osama, the man Hunt for for for Yeah, assouman line, and uh, they were showing Camp David when when President Bush had already been told and he flew everybody, he flew all the government ahead of officials to Camp David and they were all sitting around the table and he did a TV interview. He was like just letting everybody know. I've got all the government heads here and we're going to decide something. He's like, we're going to smoke them out of the holes, and we're going to bring him a justice if we don't take justice to them, you know, like like that's what we're going to do. So the next step was the meeting was to decide what was about to happen. And Donald Brumsfeld was in there and and some CIA directors and headed the head of the defensive department, and so there was a co for black the CIA. When a CIA agent was sitting in the back and he wasn't even at the table, but Donald or Trump Trump Bush looked at Uh at the on rumsveild and he said hey, He said, how fast can we can we go in and get them? And Donald said six months at realistically, six months is how fast we can.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: The CIA guy he rolled his he rolled his seat to the chair and rolled his seat to the table, and like they made room for him and got them. And he said, he was like, man, he's like, I think war in those times are a lot of you know, theater. He said, So I put my elbows on the table. He said, I look right at Bush and Bush looked right at me, and he said, President Bush, if you give this operation to the CIA, he said, I all have flies walking over their eyeballs in six weeks and he said, Bush went, you're my guy. He said, it's yours. And the CIA had already been there, yeah, for years, and had already figured out all these things. So they already had ends with the Taliban. They knew where the al Qaeda was high and they knew where they took him and son. It was on, it was on, but it just it just it blew me away too, like thinking about that and thinking about Americans and people having, you know, I don't know, having a soft spot for for.
Speaker 1: Guys like that man and organizations like that across the sea.
Speaker 4: Again, it's just ignorance, and it's okay, you know, like I said, a shielded mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I do feel like I don't. I don't want the world to know.
Speaker 4: I don't want them to hurt and feel the pain that comes with that experience and that knowledge. I'll be honest, I'm telling you the truth. I don't want my kids, I don't want my grandkids. I don't want my friends to to know how you know how how much, because if they did, they'd be scared the freaking death every minute of your life. Everyone here, they knew, the people in this country that are here right now to try to kill us, you would not leave your house.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: It's that bad. Wow, it's that bad.
Speaker 1: They're here, and so you just you just got to protect yourself from me.
Speaker 4: And we do that with a strong military period. It's it's just that that's my daughter.
Speaker 1: You can if you need to come see I always Hey, I got you on speaker phone.
Speaker 4: I'm on the podcast, oh for your next album. So I can't secrets.
Speaker 3: On podcast or songwriters or song songwriters.
Speaker 4: They want to know she's a songwriter. All right, I'll call you when I'm done. I love you. I'll tell you. That's one thing after losing Jerry, I will not not answer my children's phone.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't not do it, no matter where I'm at, nless. I mean, if amos stage, I don't have my phone in my pocket for that reason.
Speaker 1: But if you're if you're twitching, huh, you answer if you're twitching? Yes, okay, sure, no question.
Speaker 4: My oldest son knows because he'll be he'll be like, he don't even like to watch that stuff, but he follows me just so he can see when not to call.
Speaker 2: Bro I'm gonna let.
Speaker 4: Me know next time you to twitch, and dude, I'll get on.
Speaker 1: I'll get on with you. Are you? Are you for real? No question?
Speaker 2: Dude, I'll make me a little mixed drinking.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, Look, we've enjoyed it. It's been awesome. I wish we could stay another two hours. Craig's got things to do, people to see. We did not prep him on favorite, should we. I don't remember what? Yeah, so Craig, he did it. He probably did it last time. What song did you sing last time?
Speaker 4: We did? One more day, one night.
Speaker 1: That's what we did last time. I still another one.
Speaker 2: What's U give us?
Speaker 1: Just any kind of.
Speaker 3: Any song that you love and why you love it. That's tough to be anything doesn't have to be tough. We try to make this as not tough as we possibly could. We did favorite, we did greatest. We realized that those are too tough to kind of narrow down to one song. So it could just be any cornerstone song in your life that you wouldn't mind maybe playing, singing a part of, or maybe.
Speaker 4: Maybe my favorite artist of all time as Jan Conley. I don't think he ever recorded a song that wasn't a great song. And when I was growing up, I always thought, like a lot of us, always thought that these guys wrote everything. Yeah, but he had a song called I don't remember loving You, Loving you. I don't remember loving you?
Speaker 1: What was it? I don't remember loving you? Remember that?
Speaker 4: And I don't recall things. Say you put me through. He said you ran out on me, and you say I did you.
Speaker 1: Did me wrong? H what is it? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just don't see how that could be true because I don't remember loving you. He's out of his mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he said, you know.
Speaker 4: And there's a line that says, if you'll hand me my crayons, I'll be glad to take your name in case I run across the guy you knew. Because I don't remember loving you, it's good enough for me. We did it, we redid it into a Now that's my wife.
Speaker 1: She can wait, though I swear I don't.
Speaker 4: She's not.
Speaker 1: She don't listen to podcast. It's okay, she won't.
Speaker 6: You think she's got an idea for your next record? No, no, trust me Ida for what you should be doing R and B. You've seen that better than than what's your favorite R and B.
Speaker 4: So remember Luther Vandross. I on you for quite some time. Love never cross my mind. Seem to be on the side of the world.
Speaker 1: That's big Luther. Your wife might not be what he gots ginning.
Speaker 4: He lost it. I love I loved Luther Man.
Speaker 2: Craig dude, you're one of our favorite man for real. That's why we had you back on and we're glad you you can hung out.
Speaker 4: I love y'all, dude, enjoy listening to you all. Y'all are real people.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate it. Hey, we were all over the place on this one. Appreciate you. If you're still listening, uh we'll we'll check you next time. Thanks for hanging in God's country.
Speaker 1: Amen, Peace m HM.