Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is Nick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys app now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a joyful Wednesday here. We're one week away from Christmas. Yes, it's the joy of the Holidays season here inside.
Speaker 3: Yes WBC podcast Studio. Oh, I love that.
Speaker 4: I need to continue that for every day of the rest.
Speaker 3: Of them, all the way up.
Speaker 5: The Christian trumpets. That sounds like tea crumpets?
Speaker 3: Do you have that if you listen to that?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just I know people to listen to it, and I thank god. I'll move us trying.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, moving on.
Speaker 2: It's onto Tampa Bay now, and Cowboys are back to work. In fact, Mickey just got back from the locker room, I assume.
Speaker 3: Right, locker room and doing my fans segment. Things kind of got kind of collision there.
Speaker 2: Oh really, okay, So did you what was more productive for you, the locker room or.
Speaker 4: The fans segment?
Speaker 3: Well, I have to produce on the fans segment, So I better be productive there, right.
Speaker 4: I assume you get paid for that too, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. We never do right anything we do. Yeah, the locker room was interesting. There was a lot of people around brock Hoffman. You know, he's kind of the probably going to be the story of the day, just the fact that he's playing to position and his disposition that everybody talks that he plays with and it's lewis pretty interesting sort of. Yeah, he's a he's a scrapper and as the guys like to say, he'll stir things up in the pile or in the huddle.
Speaker 5: So I saw him helping the referee out.
Speaker 3: Did you first out let him know? I think he lets a lot of people know things. But he's a he's a pretty good character. And it's just pretty interesting that a guy that makes the team as a rookie free agent had bounced around got into the league. I think it was Cleveland practice squad came here, released practice squad, and all of a sudden, not only is he starting at center, I started a guard and they had to move to center. So pretty valuable piece for a guy that you know, had a pretty good college career. Right, you said, he was at Western West Virginia, Virginia Tech Tech, Virginia Tech. It was one of the two.
Speaker 5: He's gonna let you hang out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was one of the two. Right.
Speaker 2: He had West Virginia on your mind because they played in the Scooter's Coffee Frisco Bowl last night here in Frisco.
Speaker 3: I watched it till the end, did you really? But I only watched the fourth quarter? Well, and I watched it started at eight o'clock, but I did. Why it was so late?
Speaker 2: I did watch it to the end. And the only reason I'm bringing it up. Did you hate the way the game ended?
Speaker 3: So remind me because there was an interception? Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, all right.
Speaker 4: Interception at the end of the game.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, it's uh they're going to close.
Speaker 2: So West Virginia is trailing forty two to thirty seven. They're threatening and after North Carro not North care Memphis, Memphis, Memphis missed the field going. So they're driving down the field and there's plenty of times still left. Garrett Green, the West Virginia quarterback, throws an interception. Linebacker picks it off and instead of just sitting down immediately he starts.
Speaker 3: Running with the ball.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: So he was surrounded, okay, and so then he as he is sliding for everybody as he is sliding down, he starts his slide and Peanut punch Ball.
Speaker 3: Comes out from behind from behind in West Virginia recovers.
Speaker 2: All right, there's still eight seconds left and it's at the thirty yard and thirty five yard line. So Western he's gonna have the shy. No, we've got to review it. Okay, we review it.
Speaker 3: And the NCAA rule now is that.
Speaker 2: If a player doesn't have to be a quarterback, it can be any player on the field.
Speaker 4: If they start their slide, they're.
Speaker 2: Giving themselves up and so the fumble doesn't happen, they play is dead, and Memphis wins the game. It was the most ridiculous way to end the football game. They got to change that rule. The guy, the reason for the rule is you're protecting the player. They did not hit the player, Okay, and you're right, the quarterback. Okay, that's the reason.
Speaker 5: That's the rule.
Speaker 2: But this this goes for any player on the field because okay, you got to protect the safety of everybody. Yeah, they did not hit the player. You have the rules should read. You still have to protect the football and if someone comes with a peanut punch and knocks the ball out, it's not hurting that player one bit.
Speaker 6: There needs to be a clear definition of when.
Speaker 3: He is Also, yeah, the need. No, they had not hit the ground, though it was close.
Speaker 5: That's the thing right there.
Speaker 2: You just have to the need does not have to be on the nothing close to any part of your body being on the ground except your two feet, as long as you are starting your slide, like you slow down and you're starting to slide, which which is.
Speaker 5: The way there is in the pros for quarterbacks.
Speaker 6: Right for quarterbacks and the pros and the pros right right, and so that's what they're looking at right there, right once he even starts to slide, which is the way.
Speaker 5: I was so mad.
Speaker 3: I was. I didn't care who won that game, but okay, I checked.
Speaker 4: All I watched was the last two minutes.
Speaker 5: Of the game.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got a few more minutes than that.
Speaker 2: And so I'm like, okay, it was forty two to thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: West Virginia the pretty good team this year.
Speaker 2: They wound up six and seven. Then they fired their coach Rich Rod's going back there.
Speaker 3: So I'm surprised you didn't watch the whole game there.
Speaker 5: Bill.
Speaker 3: When there's a Texas a Texas.
Speaker 7: Quarterback take champion quarterback, you usually watch the game.
Speaker 2: Seth Ryan High School. Dave Henigin is the head coach, and he was making his fiftieth start for Memphis. And he'll be in the draft, so that relates it back to the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: He'll be in the Green, big Green, Noble.
Speaker 2: Be somewhere in there, ye, And which brings us to quarterbacks in this league.
Speaker 3: Quarterbacks the news last night? What what precipitated that other than not playing very well even though they kind of won a game right Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yes they did, But have you checked what he's done Kirk Cousins. I saw that the last five games he's thrown one touchdown pass and thrown nine picks, and he leads a league in interceptions.
Speaker 5: The heck is going on with Kirk Cousins man.
Speaker 3: So Michael Pennix is starting against the Giants.
Speaker 5: Thank god they drafted him.
Speaker 2: Exactly and remember how much criticism that they got the problem is, why did they sign Kirk Cousins coming off an Achilles injury? And even passing physical. Well, they gave him one hundred and eighty million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's the deal, not the fact they signed it. It's the money for the money out of money they paid him. And he's at the end of his career.
Speaker 5: Well he was.
Speaker 6: He was thirty for like the first six games of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looked good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody was Hotlanta all over again.
Speaker 3: Then he turned into.
Speaker 2: Kirk right after they right after they played the Cowboys right after Yeah, right, but even against the Cowboys, Okay, ninety I wanted I heard this, driving in ninety seven percent of his passes this season from from in the pocket. And of course he's always been a pocket passer, but you go back to last year with Minnesota, I think the percentage was eighty three percent passes for in the pocket. But he's not even going so far as doing a Cooper rush roll out and throwing incompletely.
Speaker 5: You'd rather.
Speaker 2: He'd rather and he and I bet, And I haven't watched any of his games. I'm just assuming that he doesn't have the same leg power that he had before the injury, and those decisions that he makes to try to, you know, hit a small window. He didn't have the leg strength to put enough velocity on it.
Speaker 6: Well, no, that's just decision making, and that has always been his problem, this decision making. That's when things get tough. And the window was tight, and that's with most most quarterbacks. But he chooses because he can't.
Speaker 5: Come out and scramble. He chooses to let's just see if we can just force it in there. That's his choice.
Speaker 3: So the Cowboys game was probably his last, last best game.
Speaker 8: He finished with a one point four point eight quarterback rating in that game, nineteen of twenty four to twenty two and three touchdowns, no interception.
Speaker 6: And that was typical of what he was doing all before that as well.
Speaker 3: That was another game playing well that needed to be won, and they lost by six, twenty seven to twenty one.
Speaker 9: Right, Bill, I'm looking at now, could you guess what Kirk Cousins career earnings is.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's take a wild guest, astronomical.
Speaker 3: He's getting. Well, so you're looking at.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about is the total value of every contract that he's had. So you're including, you're including the one hundred and eighty million, which he's not going to see the entire one hundred eighty million four years this year.
Speaker 5: Right, but even his previous contract was.
Speaker 2: Right, So the question is how much how much has and plus he had the franchise year deal with Washington every year he was he was maxing out on the franchise.
Speaker 9: Well, he's making a hundred million of this, by the way, because his total guarantee for this contracts one hundred million.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he's going to make a lot of it. Yeah, he's got to be around hundred million.
Speaker 4: We're including one eighty on it.
Speaker 3: It's probably getting close to a billion, okay, but I will put it at half billion.
Speaker 2: I mean, because he came in the league in what twenty ten or so twenty eleven, six or seven hundred years, I'll go six hundred and fifty.
Speaker 9: Well, right here it says to ninety four, but still ninety four career earnings two hundred and ninety four million dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not bad counting this one hundred. I went and looked up Tom Brady over his career. Well, yeah, but he took I understand, his was three hundred million dollars, so he could have commanded six hundred. He probably could have got six hundred.
Speaker 7: He probably got he probably got six hundred he's getting probably about six hundred million from Fox.
Speaker 3: I believe he's probably still getting paid by the Patriots anyway he should be. But there you go.
Speaker 4: But I agree with you.
Speaker 7: Hall of Famer two ninety four million. Oh, his agent is Kirk Kirk Cousins, the Hall of Famer. But his agent is two ninety four million dollars.
Speaker 3: Well back then when he was getting those franchise tags, we thought it was a lot, but it was probably I'll say this though, thirty million somewhere in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what Atlanta did, and this is going to relate to the Cowboys here going forward now with a quarterback in his thirties, okay, and you look at what Green Bay has done, and not only with Jordan Love this time around, but with Aaron Rodgers when.
Speaker 3: They had Brett Favre. The value of the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Position in this league. And he gets back to what you said, Everson, that it was a great pick to pick, assuming Michael Pennix is what they think he is.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's I like the pick at the time, even though there was so much criticism. But you have to that's such an important position that you have to get it right, and otherwise you have what Mickey experience being a Chicago Bears fan forever and oh, I'm sorry living in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Forever and ever.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you were a close observer of the Bears not having a quarterback for years and years and years.
Speaker 3: Even when they won the NFL title. That Billy Wade was exactly a franchise quarterback, right, you had to go back to Sid Luckman. But as I would relate, but that's how bad it was.
Speaker 4: But as I would.
Speaker 2: Relate it to the Cowboys going forward. Now, Dak's got four years. His new four year contract kicks in next year in twenty twenty five. But as you go forward, I think the Cowboys need to be really looking at first round quarterbacks if they like one that's available there.
Speaker 3: So here's how this also affects the Cowboys because remember, even if they won win all three games, they need Washington to lose all three games. And next week Atlanta plays at Washington.
Speaker 2: And Atlanta clearly believes that they have a better chance of beating Washington with Michael Pennix at quarterback than Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: Because they don't make this they're a game out, they're right in the hunt.
Speaker 6: I know, division, that's amazing how you can just be on top of the world at one moment and to just dive so quickly.
Speaker 5: And oh my goodness, I.
Speaker 6: Didn't know one touchdown versus nine interceptions in the last five games. Oh my goodness, what is going on? But cousin, I mean, they've got good wide receivers. It's not like they have a bad running game, right. They must have had some injuries on the offensive line for him to all of a sudden be so ineffective with a wide receivers that are extremely capable.
Speaker 5: There was a guy's name Monday Mooney. Mooney, He's the heck of a player. And that's going.
Speaker 2: Fifteen points Drake London And they got the fourth pick and the draft tight end Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 3: And as we pointed out yesterday, Washington had Philadelphia, Atlanta and Dallas left to play. Now playing Atlanta with a rookie quarterback who has not really played. I wonder how many snaps he's got.
Speaker 2: Three for five throwing that's it. And he didn't play much in the preseason either.
Speaker 3: Washington would be embarrassed if they lost that. What if Pennix lights it up well against the Giants. Go back to his days A lot of people in college, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean he was good, he's up for the Heisman. Come on, that's a tough one. I mean, it's not helping us.
Speaker 3: Much, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm hoping it does.
Speaker 2: Although I have to take Atlanta's uh, since we're not watching Atlanta on a weekly basis, we'll take their word for it that they have a better chance of wining with that as Cousins, so maybe it does help the county, maybe.
Speaker 5: Better play their asses off.
Speaker 3: Although we don't want them to. If the Cowboys win all three, we don't want Atlanta to win all three.
Speaker 4: What I'm looking forward to, and they.
Speaker 3: Don't want them to win too either.
Speaker 2: But what I'm looking forward to is when Atlanta goes to Washington and Michael Pennix lights it up and then Kirk Cousins comes off the field and.
Speaker 3: Tells the media in Washington, you like that? You like it? All right? We continue with more mix shots in just a Moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel part of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames Sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 3: Wincott slides with the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perthick throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking on off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demict shuts.
Speaker 6: The twenty twenty five NFL Pro Bowl games are taking over Orlando, and the roster is up to you. Cast your ballot for twenty twenty five Pro Bowl votes and send your favorite Dallas Cowboys players to complete and to compete in the Ultimate AFC Versus NFC Showdown this February. Vote now at pro bowl dot com slash vote.
Speaker 2: All right, so Cavante Turpin will enjoy that weekend.
Speaker 4: Orlando.
Speaker 5: I believe that Bill.
Speaker 3: I asked him today, I said, don't you wish that somebody would attempt a seventy yard field goal against you guys? And he goes, oh, they wouldn't do it.
Speaker 5: I'd be just they wouldn't do it. They wouldn't do it.
Speaker 3: They would I said, you get the chance to return against all those offensive linemen. He goes, oh, man, I know how to set them up.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think any special teams coaches would do that. I don't think they.
Speaker 3: Would do well, not to us, not to yeah, because of him, right, yeah, yeah, to us. But it sounded like, you know, when Fossil was talking about it the other day, that you know, if they get the right circumstance, they wouldn't hesitate to try again. And I think I pointed it out, but he pointed it out that you know, the direction they went he was kicking, that was where the wind was, and that's where he was struggling warming up. And I mean he didn't say this, but I'll say it. The ball was cold, and he said that Aubury, yeah, and he said Aubrey actually lined up a little further back, and he took a skip step before he started his regular steps, like he knew he was going to have to power it the wind, and that kind of threw off his normal swing because it was a lower traject three, which if they had anybody six seven on the line, they probably could have blocked it. But he he hit it hard.
Speaker 5: It just well he overswung, but he oversw.
Speaker 3: That was like when you're when you're playing golf and you know it's a par five five hundred yards and you go, okay, I got it.
Speaker 5: It's the one.
Speaker 6: Whether there's a car, you can win a truck over there in the car three, but that part three is about two hundred yards.
Speaker 5: You got you got a muscle up, a muscle out.
Speaker 3: That's like, did I did that? What's playing with this guy who was a very particular golfer, and you know, everything was just had to be perfect. And he hit one and then I went up and I hit my drive and I grunted, like I try.
Speaker 6: The youngs, they just I'm gonna take my pitching wedge and there's two hundred yards.
Speaker 5: Like, hold up, man, No, that's not happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you try too high and then it doesn't pay off.
Speaker 2: The NFC offensive player of the Week this week, and he guess.
Speaker 4: Who that might be?
Speaker 3: Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Baker Mayfield his numbers on the season. He is third in the league in completion percentage. It's seventy point eight.
Speaker 3: Percent for the season.
Speaker 2: Yes, fourth in the league in passing yards three thy eight hundred eighty three. He's fourth in touchdown passes thirty five total touchdowns, thirty five passing first downs. He's fourth in the league at one eighty two and passer rating six at one oh four point one. That's the kind of season Baker Mayfield is having for Tampa Bay headed here on Sunday night.
Speaker 3: This is not the first time they've played a quarterback coming off the NFC Player of the Week award. I think I kind of remember that. I don't know if Detroit was maybe, but that's happened before. And again, although Jordan Lewis and guys and you know this, he's not going to say, well I can't play, Oh yeah, I'm good to go. I can I can play through this.
Speaker 6: It's like his shoulder, elbow, elbow, Yeah, he can play through it.
Speaker 3: I was told if he's a picture, he would be sidelined right right. Thing.
Speaker 5: He's blow as scrappy as he is. He had that throwing hands. He's not.
Speaker 3: Somebody asked him why he was so scrappy because because growing up I was always small.
Speaker 5: You can see it. He's got that Napoleonic compo.
Speaker 3: You got a try harder.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So cornerback? Yeah, So what is it that Jordan is dealing with?
Speaker 3: Elbow?
Speaker 5: Elbow?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's why I said if he was a picture from right, but he don't John surgery. Uh, just wrap that sucker up.
Speaker 4: So what are you thinking of cornerback?
Speaker 3: Well, if he can play, he's gonna play. He'll play then. And I don't know enough about Tampa if they go three wide all the time, but for two wide, I put him out there at cornerback. So you got Bland Lewis. Just so what's going on with Rea? We'll find out today if he's able to practice?
Speaker 11: What what?
Speaker 5: What's it?
Speaker 3: No, he wasn't a back. It was Butler that had the back. I'm trying to remember what his injury was But if he can't play, can I can I get a can we get a roster? What are we looking at him? dB wise, Well, because you know after so you're one, DB's are just corners dbs.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the the tire.
Speaker 3: Well, the guys, the guys that they would trust would be mccamo and in the safety position has been healthy with but.
Speaker 6: The safety position might be compromised. Believe you might need a safety so drop down.
Speaker 2: But so with Mallie Cooker, I say healthy, they've lost. I've already lost Marquis Bell.
Speaker 3: I don't think Thomas is not ready to be But as.
Speaker 2: Far as the starters, they've been healthy Mallie Cooker and Donovan Wilson and then you've got mcwamou who is.
Speaker 3: A kind of between guy.
Speaker 2: Continue to get of each and then at corner you've got were your starters last week, Deron Bland and then Jordan Lewis and Amani.
Speaker 3: And then after that it's Andrew Booth.
Speaker 5: We're talking We're not just talking about who's on the.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to health. We're talking healthy. These are active guys and if can't play, then the next healthy guy on the fifty No, he was being elevated from the practice squad that I think that was his third one. First two, they elevated him to make him inactive.
Speaker 5: You're talking Booth, Booth, Yes, we talked about this a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yes, Camp Hall, Camp Cam hollm uh. He's really a special teams guy.
Speaker 2: But the preseason he was he was in the slot, right, and he had a pick six in one game in the preseason, but he he basically is a slot corner.
Speaker 3: So after that, they signed two guys to the.
Speaker 2: D Delaney and Troy Pride or signed on December third. D Delaney he was a veteran guy in the league, and Troy Pride is a bigger guy.
Speaker 4: He almost across twin safety.
Speaker 3: Just can't believe they would trust Booth out there. I mean, Carolina knew as soon as he got on the field. I think the first three passes were to his side.
Speaker 5: And they should be they should be, right, That's just that's just good coaching.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's that's that's what. And now you've got to play the defending NFC player, Offensive Player of the Week, defending it's weekly crown. Yeah, can you get to in a row?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you better get pressure. I mean, I think that's my solution.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll get to them. I'll tell you this. I think.
Speaker 6: As much as we are weak in our secondary, I don't think they're going to try to attack us with the past. I think they're going to try and run on us because you know we're playing they're playing away from home. I think they feel more comfortable keeping our offense off the field and keeping our crowd quiet. And the best way that that's been done in Cowboys Stadium in the past has been to run the ball down our throats. I think that's gonna be their entire offensive game plan. Of course, they can do some things with Baker, but they're gonna choose to run this ball on us because Bulay Irving is balling, then they are blocking their butts off up front.
Speaker 3: He's averaging five points six of carry and he already has six rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 5: And he is a shifty, little.
Speaker 3: Dude rookie out of Oregon, Oregon, Oregon Osa better strap it on tight.
Speaker 6: And so when you start talking about Jordan Lewis, they know what's going on with him. They know his elbows. They're gonna run at him. They're gonna run at You think he's tough, They're gonna run at him. This is gonna be just like the playoff games. They're gonna come in here and run that ball on us and try and keep us quiet.
Speaker 3: And then then on the other side of that is Deron Bland is going to have to be I mean, he's got to go after Evans, right. They don't have anybody.
Speaker 5: Else unless you're gonna end up just playing his own and if you're playing.
Speaker 3: Zone on the other side and trying to hide, yeah, that's going to be difficult.
Speaker 6: And you know these guys, you know they're playing well. We've got some guys in the secondary they're playing well. Yeah, I'm not I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid about about cornerbacks.
Speaker 2: Now, one thing about Baker, he will turn it over. How many fourteen interceptions, fourteen picks, thirty two touchdown passes, Well that's two to one, but I mean it's still yeah, it's an interception a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what when didn't they have a bunch and one reason we know how he is.
Speaker 6: I mean he's gunslinger gunslinger exactly, and he's a streak a streak passor he's a streak as him, and we can work.
Speaker 5: With that, we can work with.
Speaker 3: It's got to get pressure on him and he will.
Speaker 5: He will.
Speaker 6: He is that guy that loves to scramble and make his own plate, make his you know, improvise as much as he can. But I've seen it and you guys have seen it as well, where he can be a little bit, a little hungry, sometimes a little greedy. Sometimes he gets out of that pocket and he feels like he's invincible, and that's when you can take advantage of him.
Speaker 2: You know, not just Bucky Irving, but Rashad White. He's still healthy. And I'm looking at their game against the Chargers.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: Bucky Irving went for one hundred and seventeen yards on fifteen carries and Rashad White's sixty four yards on fifteen carries.
Speaker 5: So we have our own running back like I went him back.
Speaker 3: So if they the other thing I'm I was trying to remember and I almost forgot the guy. Uh if they have to go three linebackers because they're running it and de Moon Clark's going to have to play more than just special teams. I did too. I was thinking Buddy Johnson was up right, but he would have to play because last week Zimmer said, when Kendricks wasn't practicing and evidently he had some personal issues going on family stuff.
Speaker 5: This is who.
Speaker 3: Kendricks that they were practicing Leophile as the middle linebacker. So now he's got his job. If in Kendricks, and if you got to go three, then I would imagine Clark is the next guy up if they got to go three linebackers. So yeah, the injuries, Oh and some when I was on the fan, they said there was some report out there and overshown he had his surgery, and I think the physician that or the surgeon that did it, uh suggested that he could be back sooner than what's been projected. Do you see anything on that.
Speaker 2: I do from Jordan's Schultz the Schultz report, Cowboys stand out linebacker to Marvey on overshow and underwent successful d surgery with doctor La Troci, and there's hope he could return by mid to late next season, a far more optimistic late next season.
Speaker 3: Initially expected, it sounded like he's gonna be back for the start of the season. So he ended up going to that say it again, I have no idea if I'm saying it correct. Well, doctor better than I could. Evidently he did his ACL surgery last year, so the agent was like, well we we feel more comfortable to the agents from l A. He knows the doctor, so he did the surgery there instead of going to doctor Cooper, who people from all over the country come to here to get their ACL repair. Even the uh he did the Cubs. Was he a right fielder, first baseman Schwarber the year they won the World Series. He got hurt in April and he came to doctor Cooper and he was d hing by time the World Series started hitting home runs too, And I think, but could he tackle anyone?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Could he go sideline to sideline?
Speaker 5: He got you all.
Speaker 3: He got a d h that's all you gotta do. And if you hit home runs, you don't have to slide. And in football your designated hitter has to be able to run before he gets I'm not saying that he did such a great job that he could have played football. He got him back on the field with it five or six months. Yeah, yeah, all right, we continue with more mixed shots in a moment.
Speaker 5: Hey y'all.
Speaker 11: Matt Pittman of meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com.
Speaker 3: Check it out today.
Speaker 11: YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Prescott kits, it slides for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 3: Grow goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started Star sports Tours is the only.
Speaker 6: Official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 5: You want to stay at the team.
Speaker 6: Hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 13: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday mornings Swacker Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lte and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys for Ball Taste like middle Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Milibrun Company formed shuts.
Speaker 6: The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide, recognizes players who do so much more both on the field and in the community.
Speaker 5: Help Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Nominee Zach Martin raise funds for a charity challenge. Vote on nfl dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag wpmoy challenge.
Speaker 5: Voting ends on January sixth. Vote for Zach.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it. Sounds good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, here's our return music. We get you ready for the holiday season, which is here. I haven't hung out at Tostitos Championship Plaza this year. I bet it's a festive atmosphere out there.
Speaker 3: Out there? Yes twice?
Speaker 5: All right? Now, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I got a question before we get back into football here. In the last couple of minutes of the show. Did you watch the basketball last night? I did, Okay, I watched some of it. Did you watch the trophy ceremony afterwards? I did not know they had a trophy ceremony. They cleared the court.
Speaker 5: Yes for this NBA saw some family members out there, all right?
Speaker 2: That game the whole concept of the end season tournament. So you fell for this stuff.
Speaker 5: I first off, I just like basketball, right, I don't care, but I do.
Speaker 6: But the whole thing that the media has with this tournament, and I'm trying to figure out, I'm glad you bought this up.
Speaker 5: What is the beef that the media has this game last night?
Speaker 2: But this game last night, okay, and they're having a ceremony after the game where okay, you're giving an m v P for this nd season tournament? Yeah, and do we do you care that those players make an extra half million dollars?
Speaker 3: How much of that is you?
Speaker 5: No, you don't care what the players make. You care that they have somebody to play for.
Speaker 3: So they have an incentive to you can actually playing these games.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, that's there's the beef I have with the whole thing, is that the NBA is having to give the players incentive to play in games leading up to this whole thing.
Speaker 6: Like the game that's that's separate from the regular schedule. So based on that, yeah, I think they're treating it properly.
Speaker 5: So you think you have a momentum.
Speaker 2: So you think as a fan that you're getting a better game because the play.
Speaker 3: It was vibrating.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're getting you watched a more competitive game last night because of players had something to play for.
Speaker 5: I did, okay, And but let me say this, I still thought it was a boring game, right, It was a boring game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oklahoma City played, did not They had their worst game of the.
Speaker 6: Year, but was going on but regardless, and and Milwaukee hadn't been doing jack all year.
Speaker 2: But my point on it is the NBA, because the season is so long, they're having to trick it up.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's no doubt that's what they're in order to generate some interest.
Speaker 3: Well that's the job.
Speaker 5: That's the job.
Speaker 3: Think about it. If it wasn't a whatever pseudo tournament, you probably wouldn't have paid attention. Oh I didn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't pay attention.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 2: The only the only thing, the only reason he caught my eye was they were doing a ceremony at the end of the game, giving out a trophy game like they just won champion.
Speaker 3: No, they won five hundred and forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Each the okay to celebrate.
Speaker 3: And supposedly half of it's supposed to go to a charity or your chaired choice or your our own charity, mean like Christmas funds, like kids that don't make it. That'll make you play hard.
Speaker 2: So I have a suggestion to the NBA, because the way they've set it up is it's like Tuesday, the one the group play was the Tuesday games the first couple of three weeks, four weeks of the season, and then the Friday games were involved.
Speaker 4: It's like you're just picking more exciting.
Speaker 6: If the Mavericks would have been in no, let's do this when we closed, I know to me, I would have been more interested. Now Bucks fans might be extremely interested because they made it.
Speaker 2: Here's what I here's to generate interest because they're going up against football season and people don't. The only reason that they get anybody watching is on the midweek games this time of the year. No one's watching the NBA on the weekend going up against the countesday night, Yeah, Tuesday, Wednesday, there whatever. Okay, go ahead and count every game and then have a little you can have your little tournament over a week long span where you've got the knockout round and you qualify and then you got knockout round, semi final finals. It that way, where every game counts leading up to it, and then you're actually playing like a beginning of the season tournament because it's another six months before you crown your champion for the whole season. But that's the perfect time to do it. Then, now that's fine and so I have no problem doing it. If they'll just use every game, okay, and and then you got your best teams, but just picking games at random, okay. We're gonna play group play on this too. It'd be like in the NFL, Like okay, we're gonna take week two, Week four, and week six, we're gonna play group play, okay, and whoever has the best record in your group during those.
Speaker 4: Those weeks.
Speaker 3: Now, in week eight, we're gonna have a knockout round, okay.
Speaker 2: And then we're gonna have the semifinals in week nine and the championship in week ten.
Speaker 3: Well, you know where they got this idea from, right, soccer? Because soccer does it. They have in season tournaments, you know, not just your league games, but in the season. Think about this, when when the Mavericks played Oklahoma City and that was was a like a semi final, quarter final, forgot what it was. I actually watched it just out of curiosity. Right, I wouldn't have watched four quarters of NBA basketball in December. And what they're trying to do is make it so you and me would not watch if Milwaukee was playing the nests or regular game. Regular you're not going to watch it, and at this point even the Mavericks just let me know when the fourth quarter starts.
Speaker 5: The only reason I watch it is because no other football was on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, and the rest and the rest and the rest of TV is so bad. There's two games tonight. There's two games tonight, But I'll watch the NBA. But I'll watch it once the playoffs here.
Speaker 2: That's my whole beef about the NBA to begin with, is it's like preseason games all the way, y'all.
Speaker 5: We didn't know what you say that you got to create the excitement on a Tuesday night. You just have to do that. I mean, they have no choice but to do that.
Speaker 3: They might have something to say about this.
Speaker 2: Here we go, and this is exactly what This is exactly the reason Nate and Frisco has chimed in. This all started because players are not playing seventy to eighty games a year now. It's because of the load management.
Speaker 3: You can't load management, I must say.
Speaker 6: When there when it is an end game, in season, tournament game, you do see you don't see much participation from superstars. This be the game where it's like like even Lebron is like, man, my foothurts. Now you know he's you know, to use him example is bad because he takes pride and playing every game.
Speaker 5: But you have some superstars out there be like, I'm going to chill in.
Speaker 2: The one league that you probably need load management in is football, and you don't have to know you never do that and you play at having that, you don't have to trick it up at all.
Speaker 5: And I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't see a game where hey, hey, ever since you staying out this game? Oh man, you're talking about I ain't staying out a game.
Speaker 3: Ever since you came along too soon? Buddha is it Buddha Baker? Yeah? That extension forty five million?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is he a safety?
Speaker 5: He's a safe safety? Yeah, good safety too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How much did he.
Speaker 3: Get forty five extension million?
Speaker 5: That's his extension?
Speaker 3: I didn't see what the years were. That's not that much. It is for a safety. That's like an office like playing a guard. Took it right out of it, so you could have a free second year free agent. I play guard? Oh man, didn't they I'm looking I was yesterday. That just crossed my mind too.
Speaker 5: It's like, did I have something to do today?
Speaker 2: Three year extension worth fifty four million. Thirty million guaranteed.
Speaker 5: Guaranteed. Sounds good.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good. As Pat Summer all said that day, we all came around too soon.
Speaker 4: All right, we don't have time to get into this.
Speaker 2: But but the way Osa is playing, Yes, Henrico, I know what you're saying, and they're in their contract year.
Speaker 3: But think about this. What's going to differentiate Osa is they don't have anybody in the wings waiting to take that position.
Speaker 4: They're going to have to do it.
Speaker 3: Running back. Well, you're not going to pay the running back what a defensive tackle can make that's playing as well.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the problem is that. Okay, how much money do you have to pay defensive tax?
Speaker 3: Have to figure it out because think about it, and he's playing okay, look it up. Okay, he's almost played eighty percent of the snaps this year as a defensive tackle and in the last five games the fuse percentage he's played is seventy eight. Are there conversations going on right now? I would think so. With Osa's agent, I would try to get something done. Give you know, can you can you take a I don't know, a fifteen million dollars signing bonus four months five months earlier, and.
Speaker 4: It would have benefit them. They have room on the cap put this year.
Speaker 3: This year, there's a little left over. Yeah, I was thinking, is that something that.
Speaker 2: We can look at here before the end of the regular season, where right, they know that they don't have to add or they know where they are cap wise, and you can use up whatever you got left on.
Speaker 3: An extension for somebody, because somebody, because you don't want him to hit the market on the on the web market takes we do. We do a mail bag and that was the question for the one that I participated in for today about OSA and it's like, yeah, you're right. I mean they got Mazie, right, who's the next defensive tackle's years old? There's nobody, there's nobody on the practice with dumping those guys, right, Well, it's a one year deal. How much do you have you have to pay to get him back?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Which happened with Philip who was the defensive tackle last year and he ended up going to Seattle. Jonathan Hankins. They wanted him back, right, and they were going to pay him what Seattle paid him, but he wanted.
Speaker 4: But he's different type player.
Speaker 3: Than Yeah, he's not your free techniue, but they wanted to bring him back. But the Cowboys defensive line coach went there to Seattle to be the defensive coordinator, so he decided he was going there because he had a relationship with him. But they wanted him back.
Speaker 2: So you've got to figure out where Osha fits with his numbers that he's put up in four years in the league. Where where does he fit with the top defensive tackles, you know, And that's the that's the tricky part on it.
Speaker 6: Well do they go by what he's doing as an individual or are they looking at what we're doing as a team, Because if you look at how we're doing as a team, I don't think.
Speaker 5: His value is that much. But if you look at how he.
Speaker 6: Plays for us as an individual, you know, in his own little square spot space, he would be probably more impressible.
Speaker 3: Well let me throw this out at you. Also, Odiggie Zoo ranks and the Cowboys with four sacks. With a sack on Sunday, he will set the single season career high in sacks for himself. Per NFL Pro. Odiggee Zuoa has generated thirty two pressures over the past seven weeks the most pressures among defensive tackles during that span.
Speaker 5: In seven weeks, you said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's that's what he's doing.
Speaker 6: And that's just not those those three games against lesser opponents, right, We're talking about those tough games for previous games before that.
Speaker 2: And when you look at the market for defensive tackles nom dey Minibk last year he had double figure sacks.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's out a McKinney. He got a four year, ninety eight million dollar. Yeah, well, that ain't happening right exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm saying is where does Osa fit in the if he hits the free agent market.
Speaker 5: Well, the higher number is, is it still better off of him? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I mean it still sets the tone.
Speaker 2: And that's what you're dealing with when you say, hey, let's do a deal now, Well he's got to look at it that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: If I do hit the market, where can it go?
Speaker 3: Can I get three years thirty four million?
Speaker 2: Well along those lines, I'm looking for one that is in that range. What you're looking at. I don't know if it was last year, yeah, it would have been last year. Sheldon rankins at age thirty got three years twenty four million, but he's had okay, ost is like age twenty six, twenty seven, so there zach Allen Broncos got Well, I'm trying to get the three years forty five million. He's aged twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Ed Oliver was more years sixty eight million, mosa is twenty six, so turn twenty seven next age that's prime, right it is? He is hold twenty six now okay twenty so at Oliver here unless he's got a birthday in at.
Speaker 2: Oliver age twenty seven. He becomes a free agent in twenty eight, so this is a new deal. He was four years sixty eight million, seventeen million a year.
Speaker 3: But remember this is his first year to play. I think to this level now he was good his other couple of years, but this now clearly right. Okay.
Speaker 2: Devon Hamilton Jaguars, twenty seven years old, three years thirty four and a half million dollars.
Speaker 3: Git it right on the head. I should go be an agent, all right, gotta.
Speaker 2: Go okay, and we will chat at Chigain tomorrow here on Mixshow co Cowboy.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club