Speaker 1: You know what else she's doing. I sat and talked to the commissioner about it. Roger Goodell, we were talking about it the night before the game. Oh name drop, he's great. I talked to him about this. I have so many dads saying to me, you know how great this is. Kyle Brandt talked about it on Good Morning Football. Hey Dad, come get me when the chief score. I want to watch the celebration. How bad is it now that we have young girls that want to watch the NFL. I think it's freaking awesome. So calm down, go away. If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. How's it affecting your life? And you know what, Taylor, I'm so glad you were on that field to celebrate with your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I freaking loved you.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Hi Yeah, I'm in Lovely Orlando.
Speaker 2: For those of you that listened to the pregame Fantastic Questions this week, the anonymous submissions were incredible and by the way, our heart is out to both of you. With the submissions one about dating and I'm having a crush on the sibling one about a loser fiance witnessing cheating crazy. If you don't know what we're talking about, go listen to the pregame. And for those of you anonymous sumissions, we love you, our hearts are with you.
Speaker 1: Can we need updates, so let us know. If you're going to submit your business, you don't have to tell us who you are. We want to know what happened, we do. I want to know what happened to the cleaning service in this hotel. She's not been here for forty eight hours. And it's not because I have to sign on the door. It's just apparently no one's working. So I'll be making the bed better than I'm making you.
Speaker 2: Right now, Aaron's finally on vacation because the NFL season for us is over. We don't have the Super Bowl this year. We have it next year. In New Orleans, sister NFC Championship game, you looked incredible everything. What a game. Holy shit. A seventeen point deficit for the San Francisco forty nine ers at halftime the largest you think say, I'm thinking to myself, it's not a problem because this defense. Yeah, and I'm not rooting for the Niners relaxed Lions fans. I'm thinking to myself, I want a good game, but this is the number one seed in the NFC, and it's not going to just be like they're going to roll over and they forgot how to play football. You get a few stops, get a few three and outs, the defense forces a turnover, and brock Perty makes his way down the field. I love. I mean, I'm gonna not say something we don't already know. I love a great game and it ended up being a phenomenal game. You working the game sidelines, so proud go. There's so many things to discuss. For the record, Aaron I haven't spoken in two days, which is very rare after all this because we were both traveling, So keep going.
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, can we give a shout out to Levi Stadium and please give a shout out to I'm going to pull it up right now on my Instagram so I can see who I'm giving a shout out to, AMYP squad. The less I'm going to say it wrong DJ Amy Robbins. Anyways, their whole DJ situation at Levi Stadium. I talked about last week how the Jams were they played the tunes. It's so great. I got dms from everybody that worked at Levi, like, you have no idea how great Levi's, how great this is. Thank you so much for the shout out, Carissa. All of a sudden, I'm on the sideline and I hear us literally going the jams at Levi's Stadium are awesome. And I was like, what was what Clinton? My security goes, did you just hear yourself?
Speaker 2: Then they start.
Speaker 1: Playing bump up the jams, the jams at Levi. We posted it on ig. It was so freakin' awesome. It was during a time. It was during like a break, a TV break. Everybody heard it. They put me up on the jumpbo thank you buy so much. I couldn't calm down over it. It was so cool. Levi Stadium was a time. It was a place. It reminded me back in the day with usc, Pete Carroll, you know, Matt Liner, Regis.
Speaker 2: The whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, freaking celebrity was there and sidelines were packed. It was just it was crazy, so like the vibe, the atmosphere was awesome. Then right away is out of it. The Lions are up seventeen to nothing. I want to take you through my halftime. We've talked about how difficult these these interviews are. With Kyle, he's the best. He'll tell you exactly what's going on, but you have two questions and that's it. Then as I'm sitting there and thinking about it, I'm literally going I'm screaming. I'm going shit fuck because I want it to be quick, I want it to be the same. I want to get as much information because the offense and the defense are struggling. I run to him. He's just like, we're creating, you know, just he said exactly what I said.
Speaker 2: It was just awesome. It was a rush.
Speaker 1: They come back, they make a stop, they kick a field goal, blah blah blah, Brandon Iyuk with that fricking catch off.
Speaker 2: The guy's face. Yeah, lady, lay Yeah, your post name was great. Well, I know that whole thing was just I mean again watching it, which your report was perfect. That told the story. And again anyone that doesn't know, like that's a that's like everything happens like this, So for you to then get the information and report it and the whole thing. But it's like the emotion that they had to be feeling because let's just set the table here. They can't lose another NFC championship game, like enough is enough, Like if you ain't doing it this year, because you've got a quarterback that has league minimum and you can still It reminds me of when Russell made league minimum, and that's why they could afford to pay the defense what they paid and the offensive weapons, because there are very few times where your quarterback is making eight hundred and seventy five thousand dollars as opposed to Lamar Jackson's or you know the forty million a year or eighty million whatever, and it's like, if you ain't doing it now, when are you going to do it? And also just exactly like George Kittle was talking about, even like momentum, like they get so close and then to close it out. So anyways, I was very as just a fan of football, a fan of the NFL. Awesome. It was awesome, and it was like this is the stuff. I've talked about this before, but I'm old the no fear t shirts where it's like ninth inning, full count, like your back's against the wall. You got one half of football. And to your point, when you ask Brandon like what was said at halftime. It was like that's the first question, which I was so happy, Essex. I was like everyone wanted to know that you came back out and overcame, I say, the largest deficit in conference championship history. Like something has to be said to motivate you. And luckily there's the leaders in that locker room that were like, yo, let's go. Anyways, it was a great game. Congratulations to Detroit. I know it's obviously here's the thing too, and watching all these like, you know, forty eight hours late later, these poor guy guys. I hate it so much and I'm so frickin' happy that we do not work on a show that had sit there and dissect every little thing. Do you think that Dan Campbell, I know that he said he would still make the same call, and maybe he would, But imagine having like the biggest loss of your professional career and you feel like you've let a city down, or you've let your team down, and now for the next seventy two hours or everyone's going to dissect it like it just which leads me to my rant of the day, And I get it. The media is a twenty four hour news cycle. And we've worked. I've worked at places, you've worked at places that you have to fill the time. Okay, that's fine. But I think about even earlier this year on like you know, our Amazon conversations and postgame of like, oh are the Chiefs done? Because the receivers are dropping balls? And I'm like, they're not done as long as you have Patrick Mahomes, Like you cannot write these people off because guess what they're going to write back the Gino Smith quote, like if I'm Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs or Travis Kelsey, I'm like, y'all, you hear it, even if you don't hear it. Even if you don't hear it, the TV is on, the headlines are written, and everyone wants to write you off. It's got to feel so good if you're those kinds of individuals that are like yo, it doesn't matter until you get into the playoffs. And so I just feel like, and I'm going to think about this next year as we're trying to you know, feel time at some point where it's like, let's not start saying that like these teams are done or you know they have no chance if you get yourself into the postseason, it is a whole new season. So if you get into the dance, then I just I can't imagine, and I'm not doing a great job of articulating what I mean, but like, I just the feeling that those guys must have when all this chirping is being done for the media and then you're like, hey, by the way, we're still here. I'm going to my fourth Super Bowl in five years. I'm Patrick Mahomes and I'm fourteen and three in the postseason, like James Kelsey looks who he looks like he's doing. I mean, sorry, let me just break Jerry Rice's receiving record in the postseason. I think I look good here. Yeah, so good for them, and you know, obviously, because we don't like to see anyone lose. I'm sad for the Ravens, sad for the Lions, but ultimately there has to be a team and then you regroup and get better. But this is what I always loved when people are like, oh, I'm sick of the Patriots winning, then be better. Then beat him. Somebody needs to beat him. If you're sick of seeing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, then someone needs to beat them. Like you're the best until you aren't. And I think there's very few opportunities in your life where you're able to watch greatness at that level. We were lucky enough with Tom Brady enjoy it. Let's enjoy it. We're watching it with Patrick Mahomes and who knows how many years Travis Kelsey wants to keep playing, but like, these guys find ways to win. And I love watching the because they're not the underdogs, but those people that they count out midway through the season, and it's like, there's a reason you play all four quarters. There's a reason you play the full season, and once you get into the dance that experience. I don't think it could be overstated how important that is. Are we all the time? I just ranted for a long time story, No.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I think we're at a really Listen, everyone in the media has their role and has to do that. But I'm very grateful and you and I have talked about this a lot that I'm not in the role of breaking news. Listen, if I have to and there's something going on, I will, But that's very much a Jay Glazer and Adam Schechter kind of situ we are given a lot of information in our meetings that you know, we are told it's off the record, don't touch it, so we don't. And then you know, it is hard because you develop a lot of relationships with these guys and also bottom line, you know how hard they work if you don't watch the Netflix series Quarterback and watch how much time they're away from their families and say, with these coaches, you know the we're on these zooms. With Kyle Shanahan that looked he just said, sorry the way I look, I'm exhausted, Like the week of the Packers, He's like, I haven't slept, like you know, it's after the game. You want to know, And I get it. Everybody wants to pile on and Dan Campbell with this and oh you know they suck in this, this and this. You want reality of how hard these guys work. Watch or and I know you can't go to I'm just saying, go to the postgame celebration when you've got Trent Williams's daughters holding on to that huge man crying because he's thirty five years old.
Speaker 2: He's been in the league.
Speaker 1: For what twelve thirteen years, and it's never been to a Super Bowl. You've got Kyle Shanahan's wife just bawling in his arms because it's like, my I don't see my husband. This is his life, this is our life. It's just rock Perty's dad grabbing me and asking me for a selfie, like cute. It's just it's and then Dan Campbell walking off the field like my heart hurt. Jared Goff like this is their lives. It's just it's hard when you see people pile on. I sat at the airport to leave San Francisco and these Lion fans were there and they were just going on and on about Dan Campbell, and I wanted to be like, you know what, if you could do it better?
Speaker 2: You and I get it. It's part of the business. It's part of sports. But that's the tough thing.
Speaker 1: My next rant is going to be on this and we're not going to win this situation. But I actually just listen to Calling cow Her go on and on about the people saying Taylor Swift is ruining the NFL.
Speaker 2: No, she's not. I got thirty five million reasons she ain't ruined the NFL. So let's just go ahead and check the books on that. But not get a reason.
Speaker 1: We just set a record with our ratings for the NFC Championship. It was the highest most watched NFC championship in twelve years. Don't think she's don't think.
Speaker 2: She's ruining it. Also, like.
Speaker 1: I sat and listened to somebody yesterday say I'm just so I'm just so tired of the NFL with this, And I said, why, how's it affecting your life?
Speaker 2: Why? What's it? What's it doing?
Speaker 1: You know that Colin on his podcast or on television or whatever talked about it. Out of a three and a half hour game, She's shown for twenty five seconds.
Speaker 2: You know what it is?
Speaker 1: Point Drake is shown eminition as eminem shing the NFL.
Speaker 2: Calm down, No, calm down.
Speaker 1: This is so stupid. And this is my final thing I'm gonna say. And I don't get all like female female all the time as much as I should. You know what else she's doing. I sat and talked to the commissioner about it, Roger Goodell, we were talking about it the night before the game. All name drop, he's great. I talked to him about this.
Speaker 2: I have so.
Speaker 1: Many dads saying to me, you know how great this is. Kyle Brandt talked about it on Good Morning Football. Hey Dad, come get me when the chief score. I want to watch the celebration. How bad is it now that we have young girls that want to watch the NFL. I think it's freaking awesome. So calm down, go away. If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. How is it affecting your life? And you know what, Taylor, I'm so glad you were on that field to celebrate with your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I freaking loved it.
Speaker 1: He looked so happy, so adorable. She works her ass off, she has to go to work. Now, go celebrate with your man. I loved it.
Speaker 2: That's exactly my point. And by the way, anyone anybody that wants to be a nasaer about that, that means that you don't like watching puppies, and you don't like rainbows, and you don't like a sunny day like knock it off. You're gonna find something to happy with everything. And this is what we've said from the beginning. And I don't care if were you know, we lose listeners because it's all I like to talk about Taylor stuff. It's not necessarily even about Taylor's staff. It's about a few things. It's about being happy, being joyful. It's about having a you know, a global superstar. And I've said it before or Travis, like I know that, like we're not in their relationship, but you can see that people are happy just in't happy for them, they're exactly And I know what I loved is that here she is, like she's always got to be surrounded by security and all this stuff, and it's like, hey, I want to go on the field and I want to celebrate this moment so with my boyfriend. And like I loved seeing that, like she could be just in a moment and celebrate with him and he obviously like great, or that she has the awareness to be like, hey, there's brother, I'm going to step out of this thing and let them have their moments about like she's so aware and like that's the part where it's like I don't understand. You think she's me me me, No. She By the way, if she didn't have to have security, she probably wouldn't because she wouldn't even want it. It's like you know, I just I don't know. I get all worked up as you do, and it's not even about Taylor Swift. It's about just let something be great. We live in a world with so much fucking negativity, and you turn the news on it's negative, negative, negative, and it's like, what is she doing? What is she doing? She's making this guy happy, she's having a great time and she's being human. Wow, she's worked your ass on. And by the way, to you and I text about this the other day and her terrible stalker situation. You and I both had to do it up. It's like, guess what she gets to for a little bit eye situation exactly, she gets to just be and I love that, and I love who he is for her, and I love who she is for him. And by the way, for the NFL to your point, because I started watching the NFL because my dad loved football. So if the other little girls start watching the NFL because she is at games, then good for them. And I just everyone else needs to fucking find a hobby or do something different, because that means that you're just angry and you're looking for something to be upset about board something else. Exactly.
Speaker 1: Those are all great points, and I'm gonna say this too, and then we'll get off this rant. This has nothing to do with football. She has nothing to do with football. But can I say one more thing? As a small business owner and you are as well, she freaking supports small business, she supports women, and I couldn't love her more for that. She was so great and gracious and I'm beyond grateful, and I could cry. She wore a four or five dollars little necklace, and I'm saying the price because listen, we know these people have money. We know they could be loan any diamond in the world. She wore it outsider of her little adorable red shirt. She had it out. And then you know, of course I'm getting articles sent to me of like all the jewelry she's wearing.
Speaker 2: Does she eighty seven rings? But from him?
Speaker 1: Yes, a fifteen dollars ring from another small business.
Speaker 2: You know what that's called. That's called women supporting women, women's supporting. There's amaking kind supporting small businesses. You want me to hate her, I'm not going to do it. I've always loved her, and I love her frickin' more now, and I just am so appreciative of her. I just I love her. And I'll tell you another thing everybody's just want to be like she wants a spot, Like.
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't. Her boyfriend walked up to her and said, hey, Tay so cute. I'm going to go celebrate with the boys now, and she's like, go have a time, yes, and love her.
Speaker 2: I loved her. And I've talked about this before when my niece, you know, she was going through a brain too, where she got out of the hospital. All she wanted to do was go to the Taylor Swift concert. This was fifteen years ago and watching Alyssa like seeing the lyrics and be so happy, Like that's the same person that makes people fifteen years later happy and whatever and anyways, so we just love her, and I'm so proud of you too, Like it's hard you don't see the same way that we're talking about these guys, you know, putting in all the work that you don't see. Nobody sees the hours and the investment that you've put into wear for the last five years, and so it's it's nice to see it come to fush or have somebody support you. So I'm very proud of you for that as well, because it's not just like, oh it's Taylor Swift doing it. It's like no, like someone gives you something and she wants to support So anyways, we love her. The rant is over. But for those of you that don't get it, you're never gonna get it, okay, And thank you to her people for putting it in front of her. I appreciate you guys more than you even know. That just makes my team so grateful. We thank you Taylor for supporting women. Enjoy the friggin' super Bowl. Get your ass off that stage after you've you've worked it.
Speaker 1: Wherever you're going to be. I think Shoka got in Tokyo or something. You go, rest up, girl and have the time of your life. Supporting your man in the super Bowl. It's the biggest stage of his life. I'm so fricking pumped.
Speaker 2: You get to go and n lawyers also revisit and I know again this we could go on forever, which we do. But it's genuine. He's the same person that during his golf during his bye week, got on a plane. Oh it's a private plane. It's because he had to get there faster and get home that he was supporting. He was supporting her. They support each other. That's what couples do. And news flash, Okay, one more thing I'd like to say. This isn't a round. This is just how much I love George Kittle. George Kittle, I know. Okay, two things. Him wearing his wife's face all over his T shirt. Claire shout out to Claire Kittle, who is just the sweetest, kindest person. Great And during the off season I had the great privilege of, like, they invited me to their home and we did an interview for NFL Films. And she's the best girls girl and you walk in and you feel like you've known her forever. And she's not great and when crappy things have happened in my life, she reaches out and she's like, I got you. Like, it's just it'll make me cry. So sweet supporting women. It's just you you find out. You don't find out who's there for you in the best of times. You find out who's there for you in the worst times. Anyways, she's adorable and his wearing Claire on his shirt is just so cute. But then we also talk about this guy finds the camera the overhead shot waves and he does it the right way. I mean, this is a guy that like works his ass up. And by the way, if you actually ever watch film, you watch how many blocks this guy? This guy? Oh my god, and then then them laughing afterwards, and like that's the thing. Like here, Aiden Hutchinson is like this young cat in the league, and George Kittle's been doing it at a high level for a long time. But like when your tight end is going to bulwash, Aiden Hutchinson like anyways, he's just willing to do whatever. And those are the kind of guys that you're like, how could you not want somebody like that on your team? So we love George Kittle. A rant about Taylor Swift, and then I also what else did I want to talk about as it pertaining to these games. I don't know. It's just I'm so glad. I'm just the NFL is alive and well, and not that it ever hasn't been but it's so yeah, it hasn't been ruined, it hasn't been ed exactly it is and I love it so much. I'm just so I'm so grateful, grateful. Oh. I mentioned in the pregame that my grandmother's ninetieth birthday. She's born on February eleventh, I will be going to her birthday party because we don't have the Super Bowl this year, so I'm going to go and see my little sweet grandmother. But this is Kathy Thompson, my mom's mom, Judith, my grandma. Yes. My mom goes, here's the deal, Mom, We're having a brunch and then we're out because you know, the game's on, so we're going to celebrate you. And then we got to go, and my sweet Grandma's like, oh, I get it, and I'm actually this is classic my grandma. She goes, why are we having it on the Super Bowl? My mom goes, because that's your birthday. She goes, okay, but people want to watch the game. My mom goes, oh, no, we're watching the game. We're celebrating you in the morning, game in the evening, so it's going to be great. Great. I'm okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you first said this in the pregame, that your grandma's birthday, and I was like, oh, that's great, that's lovely. But then I got selfish, selfish, so justin great song, go justin very excited for the rest this thing to be pumped out.
Speaker 2: Tune Sjams.
Speaker 1: I need you by your phone so I can text in FaceTime during the whole thing, because like, if we're not going to be together for the super Bowl to talk about it, like, I need to be able to text you so you can't be like no, doing a Calma line now at the retirement center for the birthday. I need you in front of a TV with Steve so I can text and talk to you because I'm going to be in my backyard watching the television all the takeout Jessa, Jarrett and MACARONI.
Speaker 2: I need you, I need you. Oh good, you guys are going to be back to that. I wish we were together, but yeah, we'll pay someone watch it. Wait. So, speaking of retirement centers, so I'm in lovely Orlando. As I mentioned for those people that live in Orlando, that's great. I have questions about what we do and oh is that a thing? Okay? Great, So I think that's it. I'm looking okay. I'm here for work and I just have questions about what to do in the evening for events. Because last night we went out to dinner. Steve's parents don't live that far from here, so we went out to dinner with them. Can I just tell you how fabulous Disney. It is absolutely not. I'm not I'd rather I'd rather not. Okay, you think that I don't want to go to Disney when I live in California, let alone, when I don't want to go without me, No, I don't want to go without you. Steve's parents are so I told you I would go to Disneyland as long as it's with Macaroon. I'm not going to Disneyland for any other reason.
Speaker 1: If your child friends and you want to go with me and get drunk with not without a kid around, not without a kid, I don't. I don't want to go unless your child. You would never do that.
Speaker 2: So last night we went to dinner with Steve's parents. We got to dinner at eight o'clock. We didn't leave until one am. Can I just tell you much fun it is to be with I know Steve and I aren't married, but I feel like only only one other time because they live here, and so it was. They are so funny. First of all, Steve is his father. They have the same night. Steve's a junior, even though not a junior, So it's Stephen Canary and it's Kathy. Kathy is my Kathy. My mom the same person, give me a glass of wine and storytelling. So they live in this amazing community, which, by the way, you and I need to end up in a celebration. We'll celebrate good times. Come on, because it might as well be. But like they are so busy they had to cancel plans to come meet us for dinner. There's corn whole night. There's concerts, there's golfing, there's all these things. But there's also drama in the neighborhood. So right now it's dogs are pooping on yards and we don't know whose dog it is. They're doing DNA testing. They're requesting that the dog's DNA is tested so they figure out whose dog is pooping. It's a whole thing. The inner workings of these retirement communities go. I said to them at dinner, I go, what's the earliest age I can get in on this retirement home. Because they are busy constantly, they're so they have more friends. First all, we have no friends. You're my friend. That's it. It's like every night they have something going on, and it's a scare. That's so nineties.
Speaker 1: I loved, I loved you have a wonderful time what was like besides you know, dogs pooping on the lawe. What was like one of the things that you just had a hardcore like belly laugh, slap your hands over.
Speaker 2: Oh that there's this certain club. It's a coffee club. And then there's drama like who's in the club, who's not in the club, Like all these different things going on, just the inner workings of like a neighborhood that think like Desperate Housewives, like back in the day, that show, and it's like all of the drama like the neighborhood, but then all these great things. I looked at Steve and I was like, a, we have no friends. We need a life, and your parents are the fucking friend. I'm well, yeah, I just haven't had a life for six months now. Now it's about to get crazy. Okay, wait, speaking of that, let's turn it because we only have five minutes slept. I could I mean, I could talk forever. Obviously I won't shut up. That was also me last night at dinner. I mean, but I've only met them twice and I'm just talking and talking and talking and at some point and I was like, I need a muzzle, I need a lock at e it was, it's so nice to like, like your in laws weird. We We're going to get an anonymous question and grieving my son is dating a girl that won't shut the fuck up? How do I tell? And I'll say, Hi, Kathy, it's me. I'm the problem. It's me. So you're done, sister, I've been done for a couple of weeks. And I was, how do you feel? How would you summarize the twenty twenty three season? Think about it?
Speaker 1: I would, I would summarize it like this. I almost posted a picture and calm down, and I was like, what do I have to post?
Speaker 2: Everything? I do?
Speaker 1: It was great, it was great. We had a lot of blowouts, not like what my son has. Oh my god. I mean, we haven't really had blowouts with that kid before. Now they're happening a lot. We think it's because he's teating. Can't wait to get the intel from others out there about if that's true.
Speaker 2: You think they're out. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I apparently so like he's a mess. And then but we have a great time on our crew. It was a hard one though for me because it was balancing, you know, the guilt of mac again. I'm lucky to have a lot of help, but you felt bad. It almost felt like more work because I was trying to overcompensate with my sideline job and then knowing I wasn't handling it on both ends. So it was a really great experience.
Speaker 2: Done a lot of hor No, I haven't. I'm really proud of you, and I'm proud of you for being honest about it. You've never you have worked for nine years to have a child, and it's like, just because he shows up doesn't mean that all of a sudden, he comes with a handbook and you have put an asterisk on everything. Yes you have, you have all that kind of stuff, but you have a full time job. And by the way, it's not full time nine to five, it's calls here, studying here. And you've done a phenomenal job of balancing balancing that, and I think that you need to give yourself a little bit more credit into anybody out there, whether it's a working mom or working dad or anything like, no one tells you how to do this. I don't have a child. I don't know what that's like, but I just know that when you allocate your time, that baby is happy. Minus the teething. That's just part of it. You've done a phenomenal job and you did your job at the highest level and we're able to balance it. So give yourself some grace. It was funny, you know, I'd like to do a better job. And we talk about this a lot, like in our careers, like really sitting back and being like, this is awesome, this is awesome. We did that last year when we all went to Vegas as a group whore like this is so special, this is cool. There's been times like after games I said to you, this is awesome. Like I walked away from the San Francisco Lions game, which you know, we got an insane rating. We had a great broadcast, we had a great broadcast in the divisional. I thought we fucking killed that broadcast.
Speaker 1: By the way, the one thing I can't get past is that I couldn't speak. I couldn't spit it out with Brandon Ayuk. I kept going what I mean, and I feel like I fucked it up. And I was talking to Jared about it and he was like, oh my god, stop.
Speaker 2: Like what are you doing.
Speaker 1: And then I went to bed with chest pains about it, Like it's like I need to give myself a break. I sat and watched when we did, you know, the NFC Championship. The studio comes out and Michael and it's been you know, documented what's going on behind the scenes with his daughter God Lover, Godloved Zambella, sending her all the best you know in her fight. But he just Michael has such a way that he's just having a time and is smiling and all that, and I'm like, it's not that I don't enjoy it, but I'm so hard on myself about things, but I want to get to a point where I'm like stre where I'm like, fuck it, let's have a time, you know.
Speaker 2: I Okay, Well, let's say a couple of things about that, because I hear you and the same way different overman, I'll say that out loud. It's so different for us. There's a lot of things I want to say about that, but I'm going to leave that right there. But I will say this, I don't think you should ever lose that right. It's the same way these athletes on oursel. It's the same way that these coaches are like, hey, Monday morning quarterback, all these things. I think that if you lose that, then you lose a little bit of that competitive to want to be better. I go back and I watch shows. I've done this for eighteen years. I'm not watching the show because I want to watch myself on TV. I want to watch myself so I can get better. I asked Fred Gadelli, a Hall of Fame producer. Hey, Fred, I know you're busy, but would you mind going back and watching a few shows and give me some notes on how I can get better. I think if you stop doing that, then you kind of don't care. But there is a balance where bring some levity, save yourself some grace. And by the way, do you know what like? You know what I garnered from watching your postgame interview. You are real, You're not like, so tell us about what happened at halftime. Your emotion. You're invested. You spend so much time with these people, You're proud of them. And it didn't matter if the Lions one. You would do the same thing if it was Jared gott Totally. Your emotion comes across as genuine and kind, and I think that you just need to take a beat because I'm the same way. Right afterwards, I mean, I text you about it like, oh I ruined, so I messed this up or whatever. Yeah, we are so close to it. I think that's great to be like so close to it. But also in totality, remember that there's a reason and I'm not saying this and for anyone listening like, oh, these two love themselves. No, it is hard every day to stay in this job because your contact's up, you know, and you think like it's like an athlete. Just because we've been here doesn't mean we're going to stay here. So still having that competitive edge is important. But just enjoy it.
Speaker 1: The bar is different, The bar is set differently for women.
Speaker 2: It just is.
Speaker 1: And I'm not getting on a whole rant about that, but it is. You know, there's a cool moment. I don't know if you saw it. I'm a huge fan of hers and I love her a lot. She works her ass off. Stacy Dale's Yes, and we worked with her, We used to work with her at ESPN, and she has great relationships with these guys as well. And she feels it too. You can see it in her interviews. And she interviewed Trent Williams, who I would have loved to have interviewed but we only had one in the postgame before they went to the trophy stand and she gets him and she goes Trent Williams, it's just because the Super Bowl, And I was like, God, that's awesome. But I was like, I wonder if people are like, oh my god, why are you screaming?
Speaker 2: And hey, guess what, it's crazy. I'm going to cut you off. People are critiquing Taylor. They're gonna critique you. God knows, they critique me, they'll probably critique her. Who give a fuck. At the end of the day, The only opinion that matters is the opinion of the people that you care about. Your employers and these seats and these coaches. Yeah, our employers, but these athletes and these coaches that you've garnered the respect of for twenty plus years. So who cares about the jimmys in their basement at their mom's house who want to just say something negative? What did Taylor for? Dads, the dads, the brads, and the chats exactly? So all you can suck it. And by the way, congratulations to all thirty two teams in the NFL, because you guys put your lives and your time in whatever for us to have a job, and that's never lost on me. How grateful we are to cover you guys, and I'm excited for the super Bowl. Thank you guys for listening to the Calm Down podcast and all you beautiful people who I just love and like sending in your and all you beautiful people. Is this a speech like am I on the Rose Parade float? Crazy? Anyways? To quote Brandon Ayuk the ladybug on the shoe, take a minute to those small little reminders that we're all very lucky and if you don't stop and smell the roses, well then fuck.
Speaker 1: You, you know hey, and keep manifesting London and Taylor Baby, because it's our off season and we don't want to calm down.
Speaker 2: We want to go to that concert so bad. Best believe I'm still be jeweled when I walk in the road. I could the whole play shimmer like your top. I loved it. Love you guys, Bye you.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.