Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong, and Getty and He Armstrong and Yetty. New York and now plans last week to eventually become the first city in the country to provide free, universal childcare. It's quite a leap. Oh wow, it's quite.
Speaker 3: A leap for a city that only recently discovered trash cans. Listen to the crowd, cheer the idea of universal free childcare.
Speaker 2: Yes, let the government raise your child. Yay. Wow, you idiots.
Speaker 3: I think most of them think free is an actual thing. But anyway, not to get distracted on that. We came up with a brilliant idea during our local news segment in which I was talking about having been in downtown Sacramento, California, over the weekend and the number of homeless tents are drug addict tents, street people absolutely all over the place. I mean, it's stunning, and I don't see this anywhere else. It no longer is like this in San Francisco. I didn't see this one. I was New Orleans.
Speaker 2: I didn't see this.
Speaker 3: Lots of places, well, I was vacationing around incredible downtown middle of the day, nice day tents, flipping everywhere.
Speaker 2: Anyway, here's our idea.
Speaker 3: You're debating Gavin Newsom, whether it's for the nomination or for he gets the nomination, and you're debating for president.
Speaker 2: You don't answer any questions and no debate. This is what I think you do.
Speaker 3: You do that thing where you can wear a whole bunch of T shirts like your waddle out there with your arms sticking straight out, because you got like thirty T shirts on Okay, and every time they go to you, your T shirts have pictures of squalor in various places around California.
Speaker 2: So here's a pick of like Jay and.
Speaker 3: Ninth Street would work in Sacramento, all the tents, and then you just wear that and then you take off one of your T shirt.
Speaker 2: Underneath it is another T shirt.
Speaker 3: This is, you know, a baker's field with a picture of a right next to the city hall, a tent encampment of drug addicts, and you just keep taking off the T shirts. Over the hour and a half debate, more and more pictures of squalor around California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people doing the fentanyl hang in the Malibu or Venice Beach or whatever. Yeah, the junkie camps that have polluted San Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be such a great stunt and he would get so much attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just point to your T shirt and then peel off another one. I don't think they allow props and debates, but I love the idea.
Speaker 2: As a prop. It's my shirt what I'm not allowed to wear clothes exactly. Yeah. I like the idea of a tear off like the Hulk. It'd be more drunk. Oh yeah, Katie, there you go, stole points end the Hulk there at the end of his life.
Speaker 3: I've struggled to pull apart as tear away jersey at the convention.
Speaker 2: So would I? Who am I to criticize?
Speaker 1: So we've been discussing a fair amount how women, particularly young women, are absolutely miserable and angry and depressed and anxious and suicidal and marching in the streets over bizarre causes and gobbling drugs to stay sane and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And oh, I.
Speaker 3: Got to get to that story about anxious pet owners are making their dogs anxious and then having to put them on medicine.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so we got this.
Speaker 1: Well, and then we shared with the other pole the other day that the number of young white women who believe that violence and lawlessness to oppose ice, for instance, is justified is quadruple quintuple ten times any other ethnic group or any other subset of the population. I mean, college educated young white women are by far the most radical leftist group in America. And we've been talking about why that might be a couple of thoughts. Number one from a correspondent, m in San Jose says getting tougher. She thinks we're in a Maga type bubble because we don't listen to women. You're only hearing male perspectives. Let me clue you into the reason why liberal women are so unhappy. Men's inability to adapt to changing societal norms and are increasing awareness of the role of the patriarchy in our lives. I will pause, Will you finish your eye rolling in deep sigh? Hopefully you will let me explain men are failing to adapt to the new roles everyone is playing in society. Seventy percent of all households have two people working, yet women's do still do the lion's share of childcare and domestic work. You know the statistics about higher education, women are out pacing men significantly. Therefore, more women are becoming the breadwinner. Can you imagine how it is exciting to be both the breadwinner and responsible for the heavy lifting at home?
Speaker 2: Oh? Joy?
Speaker 1: And she takes a shot at Christian nonsense. I'llah, Charlie Kirk submitting to your husband, et cetera.
Speaker 3: I I am sure it exists, but in my orbit of not a small number of people in my life, I haven't known a single mom was the breadwinner and did most of the parenting at home. I don't know what you're acting like that's the norm and that's what we're rebelling against.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's I'm sure it happens, but I've never known you.
Speaker 3: I've known families where the woman was a breadwinner and dad stayed home with the kid or worked a lesser job and had more. But I've never known the I'm the breadwinner and I do the bulk of the taking care of the kids. You're acting like you're presenting that as that's the norm now and how unfair it is.
Speaker 2: And just as a woman reacting to this.
Speaker 4: The first just part of that that you read screams, I'm a victim.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I would agree. The other thing is, and I would actually like to talk to this lady about this. She is very, very critical of modern men. A couple of things. Number one, the assumption that the changing roles in society and the new American society. I would argue to you that a lot of that is the result of the radical left getting their way for a very long time, especially in academia and the media, and forcing us out of as a society things that work in favor of things that a sound good or b advanced Neo Marxism. You are trying to tear apart the family. That is one of the avowed goals of Marxism, always has been. And then the second thing is that your side, your progressive side, has been demonizing young boys now for generations, drugging them if they can't sit still and act like little girls in classes, lecturing them about toxic masculinity, and especially white boys, telling them that they are the personification.
Speaker 2: Of evil in the world. And then you say, and they.
Speaker 1: Suck because they act all beaten down and they're not doing there what they ought to be doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that's a mystery. Anyway, I lost the thread.
Speaker 3: What was the beginning though? What's her premise that that's why men are upset?
Speaker 2: No, women are? Women are unhappy because men suck?
Speaker 3: Essentially, so okay, So the explanation for women being crazy is that men are so awful because women make make the money and take care of the kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, hard to get all that to fit together. Right here is commentator Britt Hughes. Michael is thirty five and thirty six. Let's play thirty five first. She sets up her monologue by playing these clips.
Speaker 3: Don't come on my page and say that people should be in this country legal, don't do it?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Because she was queer? Are we great? Yet? Are we a great?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 5: Dree?
Speaker 2: Is this one great? It's a long montage.
Speaker 1: I'd like to hear the whole thing of lefty women just screaming into the camera, unhinged and angry about the politics of our nation and the shooting in Minneapolis because she was queer. And then Britt Hughes, who is a woman, is explaining something we've actually talked about before, and I think it's undeniable.
Speaker 2: But the literal Michael.
Speaker 6: A lot of people are wondering right now, how in the world. A person's brain ends up like this because this is not how healthy, happy people act. Let me explain liberal women are what happens when the natural female instinct to nurture and defend and care for gets misdirected away from families and children and misapplied to whatever the liberal cause of the week is. See, women have an innate instinct to support and emotionally connect to vulnerable people. We are designed to be mama bears, and in the absence of a stable and healthy home and family, a woman will find a place to put all of that. The natural instinct to sacrifice yourself for your children gets misapplied in all the wrong directions. You want to know why so many liberal women are out there playing hero for criminal aliens and gender confused perverts and cultures that hate them. It's because they believe they have identified groups of people who need them when no one else does. We destroyed the family, and we handed a generation of women a bunch of feminist lies and progressive slop in its place, and this is the natural result.
Speaker 1: They've found someone they believe needs them because nobody else does.
Speaker 2: WHOA WHOA nailed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that level of hysteria. Like what I've been talking about people flipping me off in my cyber truck.
Speaker 2: It's not just that they flip me off.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, they're like, oh my god, they're so much like they're in rage.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's weird. How do you get that worked up about something like that? Now?
Speaker 3: You know, an innocent person in your eyes, being killed is more valid as something to get worked up about.
Speaker 1: But even then, the like, yeah, but taking me along the road to spitting anger that somebody drives a tesla? Yeah, how often do you get can't control your emotions angry over something most people.
Speaker 2: Ever in your life? Yeah, once a decade. I don't know. Yeah, Yeah, it's troubling.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I was kind of daydreaming during that clip because I've heard in a couple of times I think it might be useful for everybody to spend a couple of minutes thinking in detail about your life and the things you do, from the importance of the mundane through the day, and how did they come to be, What are the main influences on how you spend your time and the decisions you make. For almost all of human history, it was your your family, your community, your religion period. You know, maybe you know stuff like the Constitution or you know that would enter into it. Now I would argue it is tech companies, corporations, and just people who are profiting from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what are your core beliefs?
Speaker 1: If you can't immediately answer that question, your core beliefs are I flipped through social.
Speaker 2: Media to be entertained.
Speaker 1: Or I'm blown by the winds of you know, various causes which are all scams and or corporate greed.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been sloppy about this lately, so I know something about it. I think the problem is the algorithms figure out your core beliefs and then convince you that your core beliefs are under attack. And if your core beliefs are about to be lost and under attack, you know that can get an emotional reaction out of you. And the reason I know about this is, for the first time ever Twitter, I've only ever really used as a news source, and I have some people I follow and then if there's a particular story m I go to. But lately, like in the last week or so, I open it up and I just look at the stuff that it feeds you, which is my algorithm, so it knows what my tendencies are, my needs are, and it makes you crazy. I can tell that I feel more on edge in the last week than I did prior because it's feeding me these stuff Like there was one yesterday of a guy with an American flag that showed up to some protest about something, and then the liberal nut job started screaming his face with a bullhorn, and so he moved his American flag over here to get away from the bullhorn, and they came up and put it in his ear again, and he kept moving and kept moving, and then eventually he punched him, and then he got attacked by all the liberal crazies and that gets an emotional reaction out of you, and the algorithm knows that that's going to poke me.
Speaker 2: And there's all kinds of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, combine that, I gotta quit look in that the feed the algorithm gives me.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: True, But what amplifies that times ten is that we no longer identify ourselves as I'm a mother, I'm a father, I'm a Christian, I'm a member of the JCS, I'm ah.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah, blah. Your politics are your identity, and so those people are attacking your very being, not just your beliefs. I tell you what, it is an recipe for psychosis, and what do we have psychosis? Yeah? I think most people are too.
Speaker 3: Many people's reaction to like that video I saw is oh my god, it's so bad. I need to look into this more. I need to look at more of this stuff so I know how awful it is as supposed to. I looked at it, thought I gotta quit look at just the general algorithm feed and go back to just looking at my news sites.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. What are the categories? And then we'll take a break real quick. Michael for you or following? Stick with follow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't go with the four of you. They're here to make you crazy, and they're doing a good job. They really are. Oh it's troubling. More on the way stair, barm strong and yetty. So what are your pronouns?
Speaker 1: My pronouns?
Speaker 2: Well, I hope that's pretty clear. Yeah, I don't make assumptions. You could identify as a sunflower. You know, I've been told I look like one.
Speaker 7: I use them, you know, I've always been curious why they am.
Speaker 2: Because there's just one of you and those are plural pronoles. Just never really understood the hoopla pronouns.
Speaker 7: My name's Ainsley, and I just can't really come up with a reason why you would address me.
Speaker 4: In third person in a conversation that I'm a part of.
Speaker 3: So if you I'm probably not there, so I wouldn't really know what pronouns you were using anyways, So why.
Speaker 2: Did it matter? Just froll like the beach who and says that you know. I think it's because I use coconutl as a moisturizer.
Speaker 3: So that's from land Man, which I haven't watched with Billy Bob Thornton about the way industry and everything like that.
Speaker 2: A lot of people seem to really like it.
Speaker 3: Now, when you hear a conversation like that, I'm working up to a point here, do you think do you feel like they're pushing the trains issue on it or is it just supposed to be a funny conversation about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's a funny conversation about the reality that we have to deal with that sort of conversation.
Speaker 3: The reason I bring that up is I watched about two thirds of the movie, one battle after another.
Speaker 2: Yesterday afternoon, it's on HBO Max.
Speaker 3: It won Best Picture at Golden Globes, got the most nominations, and a couple other records and everything like that. And I've heard from a variety of quarters, including some people that I really really like, we're really smart about how woke it is and unsufferable. And they had to walk out of the theater, and I was like, Okay. I went into it with, oh, i'll see. I hate hearing this ahead of time. It would have never crossed my mind to have any political problems with this movie if I hadn't been told ahead of time.
Speaker 2: It's it's just well, I'll read.
Speaker 3: The main critic of The New York Times was an epic screwball adventure teeming with aspiring action set pieces. That's a pretty good description an epic screwball comedy. Every character in the thing, from top to bottom. I don't think of my characters in terms of left and right when I watch movies like I don't immediately think about where's this character fit on the political scale, So I wouldn't think about it.
Speaker 2: But everybody was absurd. Everybody was over the top incompetent nuts.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for you if you watch movies and all you can think of is how does this fit into politics? I just I don't get it. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I'll have to watch it and make my own judgment. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: So the radical protesters are incompetent and ridiculous and dumb. I mean, if I was gonna make an argument, I'd make an argument that was portraying revolutionaries is incompetent and dumb.
Speaker 2: If I wanted to make that argument again.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of don't look up where everybody is portray yes, indishly right wingers and left wingers.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and with the same star Leonardo Dicapiro, who's a ridiculous revolutionary who can't figure out the pronoun thing and get on the right side of it and everything.
Speaker 1: But people just don't have a sense of humor when they feel like they're in a war.
Speaker 2: I guess apparently, yeah, Armstrong and Getty, So.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be I just wanted to be ahead of this conversation because I think the movie One Battle after Another is gonna be a big national conversation when it gets to Oscar time.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be It's gonna be a thing.
Speaker 3: And you either think it's Paul Thomas Anderson, who I'm a big fan of. I couldn't like the oil drilling movie. Why can't I think of it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Blood, there will be blood. I can't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't like There will be Blood or other movies he's made more.
Speaker 2: I just love them.
Speaker 3: And I saw this movie as just, I don't know, a farce really, and some of you see it as so political.
Speaker 2: I said my piece on that, and I'll shut up bath.
Speaker 3: To me, it's like watching pulp fiction and saying they're trying to glorify drug use. They were, all right, that's not what I took away from it. But here's what somebody this will represent the rest of you who didn't agree with me. I went to watch one Battle after another on Tuesday. There were only fifteen people in the theater, which is interesting. All the awards it's won, and it's got ninety four percent on Rotten Tomatoes with fans.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but it's also streaming. I think it's both. Yeah, in theaters asters I watched it on HBO Max. Not relevant to the discussion, but that is interesting.
Speaker 3: There were only fifteen people in the theater, and after thirty minutes I walked out.
Speaker 2: I was the last one to walk out of an empty theater.
Speaker 3: I asked the theater employee about it, and she told me that at least half of the people who bought tickets don't make it one hour.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I believe this or that.
Speaker 3: Wow, I thought it was one of the more entertaining movies I've ever watched.
Speaker 2: The pace. It's just it's crazy.
Speaker 3: The first half hour is nothing but liberals, freedom fighters good, portraying them as good.
Speaker 2: I guess is what this person means.
Speaker 3: Military Ice Republicans bad, and it's okay to bomb their offices and headquarters. It's hilariously shows a handful of freedom fighters take over an ICE facility that's run by dozens of ICE agents. They all look like skinheads. My curious curiosity got the better of me. I had to look up what was going on. All the critics raved about it, and it was a box office flop. That is what happens when you crap on half the population. So that's the take some of you have on this movie. That is not what I took away from it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wish i'd seen it. I will judge what, I will judge harshly.
Speaker 3: Man In the pace of it, Paul Thomas Anderson apparently realizes that the TikTok generation has not got time for things to unfold slowly.
Speaker 1: Well, what about that commentary though, that is that a description of the first half hour?
Speaker 2: Did they say her hour? Is that accurate?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: The part of it depicts freedom fighters good and no. They come off as completely nuts and inept and it's and so are the people on the other side are nuts and up to and unless you are going into it with a political fight, it's just a plot line. It's just something for various characters to interact with in crazy ways.
Speaker 2: And the sexual part of it is really something, right, It's right.
Speaker 1: It's a little perverse you're saying off the air, We can't even describe to you on the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a Sean Penn is unbelievable in this movie and crazy creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you know it's funny.
Speaker 1: Everybody who's a big fan of slow horses, which was on one of your many screaming services with Gary Oldhaman it was the acting performances and just the production values of it were wonderful. But you may remember I told you I was getting into it, but the plot was in Great Britain and it looked like it was a Muslim extremist bombing. But no, the brave plot twist was it was white supremacists faking up being the radical Muslims, and it was bad, bad white people, and I just couldn't take it. Given the times we're in and the reality in London and the discomfort with mass Muslim immigration and the rest of it. I don't know if I caught the disease, should I have hung in there? I just it seems like every GD Award winning show is evil, evil white people being battled against by brave, brave POC's or or whatever.
Speaker 2: I just can't wait, you know, to each their own.
Speaker 3: The only saving grace of this, what I would say, is everybody is an abhorrent character, like life.
Speaker 2: Very single person.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Leonardo DiCaprio, the Brave Revolutionary. You can't remember the various code words he's supposed to give when he's having the secret phone calls, and so they want to answer his questions.
Speaker 2: What does the clock say? I don't know. They I don't remember what I'm.
Speaker 3: Supposed to say right now, but it's important that I get to the what does the clock say?
Speaker 2: You already said that I don't know what the answer is. Yeah, Yeah, sounds funny.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing, so on a completely different topic, and I can't wait to get to the next segment. We are truly, for once going to end strong, so we need to break on time. But this is an interesting perspective I heard. It's a little critical of Donald J and the idea that we have to own Greenland, and it's funny when you point it out. A number of military officials are pointing out that we manager used one hundred and twenty eight foreign military bases in at least fifty one countries, and if you include smaller facilities, it's more than seven hundred and fifty installations in eighty countries and territories, many of them dating back to World War Two or the Cold War.
Speaker 2: And in those we don't own them.
Speaker 1: We have leases with bilateral agreements, and we have launched some hellacious wars from there and done everything we needed to do without owning Germany or Italy, France, you know, all sorts of different places in the Middle East, et cetera.
Speaker 2: We don't need owned Greenland.
Speaker 3: I've heard a lot of people bring this up right, left and center, conservative writers and David Sanger in the New York Times saying we had bases there in the past. We shut some of them down. We could ask Johnny once, we could ask to reopen them. But I mean the idea that we need to, as you just said, have Greenland be a state or something for us to launch military operations is you know, doesn't fit in with the history of US using Greenland for military operations.
Speaker 1: Our largest overseas military installations are in Japan, Germany, and South Korea. We don't know those very very good, very successful, and we own all of them. That's right, No, we don't. I think it's just Trump being a real estate guy. I think he sees some good land, some land that's going to increase in value soon, and he gets such a I almost used an unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Term for mail arousal. He becomes so enthusiastic for it at clouds his judgment.
Speaker 3: I first term, I didn't think he cared much about history or any of that sort of stuff. You know, his his mark on the world or whatever. But I'm starting to think that that really matters to him, and that he's more aware of that sort of thing, you know, the whole wanting to win the Nobel Peace Prize. I think he wants to be one of the presidents that brought more states into the Union. You know, I don't think the Donroe doctrine was a complete joke. He likes the idea of like a doctrine being named for him for all eternity.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, he cares about his legacy. I think you're one hundred percent right in a way that he didn't before. I also think he's not surrounding himself with people who tell him.
Speaker 2: That's not a good idea anymore.
Speaker 1: It's a little sicko fantia for my tastes. But you know what's what's interesting though, it reminds me, well, it reminds me of a couple of things. But his emphasis on the need to aggressively confront the threat in the Arctic Circle is one hundred percent dead on kidding. It's really really smart, and you know, it's the sort of thing you're not going to get from the other side. Certainly, the moron Kamala Harris never would have brought it up, so he's right it just as always, it's that outer twenty percent of his act that if you could just reel that in.
Speaker 2: Boy, I think he had the opportunity to be a great president. Still does. I just don't see it happening.
Speaker 3: Well, people come to the Armstrong, you get he shown knowing we are good mediators when it comes to kids hockey stories.
Speaker 2: Mercy certainly.
Speaker 3: This was a video that went viral yesterday and everybody took it at face value because it was presented at face value.
Speaker 2: This is how it sounded. First of all, this just just as.
Speaker 1: A quick note. This was the breaking on time. We're definitely going to finish Strong that I was mentioning. Do we want to squeeze it in now or take a break six and one a half dozen of the other. It's a good tease, why not, it's a great tease. No, don't pluge it. That's the last thing we ought to do. We ought to hit the brakes in go over.
Speaker 3: The problem we often have in making decisions is that the stakes are so low that doesn't matter. Like here, okay, we'll do it next, but you got a coin. It's a good story.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 3: Meant to talk about it yesterday because I saw it was a viral video and everybody is really concerned about this youth hockey league where they broke into fights.
Speaker 2: Here's how the news report went.
Speaker 7: On Saturday, minor league hockey team, the Hershey Bears, hosted an eight and under youth hockey game during an intermission, when suddenly a massive brawl breaks out, the crowd cheering them on. One fan saying that's the best intermission entertainment I've seen in years. Others say it got out of hand. No adults tried to break it up. Now, multiple investigations are underway, including from the Atlantic Amateur Hockey Association, which says it's aware of a staged fight.
Speaker 1: You know what's really funny is that was Hannah Battah of ABC News, and I said earlier in the show, with one percent confidence, that's an AI voiceover.
Speaker 2: I thought that was AI. Also even I know even either she's.
Speaker 1: Like a gifted AI imitator or is just so lacking in humanness that she sounds like she's AI. Well, so wow, the ABC report anyway, that's we're lost the thread. You got young children beating up Jesus out of each other for our entertainment.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked and outright, and parents don't intervene. The ABC report.
Speaker 7: The ABC report goes on the her she bears deny any role in the scrimmage other than providing the ice. The hockey club that the kids belong to, calling safety of the utmost importance, saying it's conducting an internal review. The brawl is raising bigger questions about hockey's fight culture, which critics say is tolerated or even embraced, unlike in most other sports.
Speaker 1: So lord Katie's head or is in her hands, and I'd like to join her in that posture.
Speaker 2: So that was a hot story all day long.
Speaker 3: And then with the typical sort of conversations, our culture has gotten so violent, and what happened to parents in blah blah blah, and probably worried about lawsuits.
Speaker 2: And I can imagine all the things I would have said.
Speaker 3: If we would have talked about this seriously and taking it completely seriously. Then I'm listening to NPR this morning and they said, turns out that was stage?
Speaker 2: What was stage?
Speaker 3: Here's some comment on that from an NHL real quick, Well, go il'.
Speaker 2: Let him speak his piece.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, I wasn't surprised to hear it was staged, because it would almost have to be because those kids are not taught anything that aggressive. You're not even allowed to hit at that level.
Speaker 3: Should not even allowed to run into people knock them down, let alone drop your clothes and start swinging.
Speaker 1: So I missed that story completely because I was like reading history instead of the current video yesterday.
Speaker 2: And yes, that is a humble breg.
Speaker 1: But number one, the idea that little kids like that would brawl and brawl and brawl and nobody who intercede is hilariously stupidly fictional.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Secondly, having grown up playing hockey and around hockey and that sort of thing, you are absolutely not allowed to fight at those levels. I mean you would be removed from the league and banned for life, and just the whole thing smacked.
Speaker 2: Of a setup, but the whole world went for it.
Speaker 3: My experience with watching youth football and participating in youth football is there ain't that many kids that want contact. If you were trying to get it, there'd be a couple of kids that want to fight, Because there are there's some kids that want to want the contact. There's lots of kids that don't so the idea that every single pair on the entire ice would be.
Speaker 2: Just swinging at each other. It's really kind of hilarious. But but ABC News took it perfectly seriously and.
Speaker 3: We we we got to watch out for this ourselves. Every It's a human nature thing, maybe, but people want the here's another example of how the world's falling apart on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: And here's another example of how the world's falling apart. By the way, no, go ahead, Did.
Speaker 2: You have more on that thought?
Speaker 3: So the example of the world world falling apart is that people want the world to be falling apart.
Speaker 2: And now we've got fake news story. So I guess it's just a wow.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you are freaking meta, going meta on us. You know, you're blowing my mind?
Speaker 2: Could rely?
Speaker 3: I know, what, did you see this originally and thought it was real?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Because I saw it on TV and thought, oh my god, that's horrific. I hadn't heard the no parents intervened, I assumed because I just saw a couple second clip that oh my god, that is completely out of hand, and I just wanted how it ended up.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: When I first saw it, I realized that it was staged about fifteen seconds and when not a single adult.
Speaker 2: Rushed to stop them.
Speaker 1: But play the one hundred percent serious ABC News report again, Michael clip eighteen.
Speaker 7: Please the Hershey Bears deny any role in the scrimmage other than providing the ice, the hockey club that the kids belong to, calling safety of the utmost importance.
Speaker 2: Here's the kid, and it's.
Speaker 7: Conducting an internal review. Roll is raising bigger questions about hockey's fight culture, which critics say is tolerated or even embraced, unlike in most other sports.
Speaker 2: Is that the question that's being raised? Is it? Hannah?
Speaker 3: So one level of trolling Andy Kaufman like stage trolling was going on here. I mean, when the news organizations contacted the teams, did they pretend it was real? Because otherwise it would have been unless ABC's lying about investigating it at all.
Speaker 2: Did you make a single phone call? Well, in dozens of people are involved in preparing that newscast, did not a single one of them say, hey, that's clearly fake? And then did somebody not say and I would not be the least bit surprised to hear this was true? Did somebody say it doesn't matter. Don't worry about it. It's shocking. People go, oh my god, Yeah, it's clearly fake cars.
Speaker 3: Don't let the truth get in away of a good story. I mean, I understand that to a certain extent. But yeah, I think that's probably what happened there, because if you actually contacted the league or the arena, they'd say, oh no, no, that was just for fun the crowd and it was for fun.
Speaker 4: Well, so apparently the league and club officials are investigating it against the players and team that staged the fight.
Speaker 3: Well so, but but so was it like a joke on the parents in the crowd.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out what the a joke on the league. I don't know what was the Beavers or whatever the Hershey Bears were they did?
Speaker 1: They think they'd be funny and found some coaches and thought it'd be funny too. Well, yeah I could, And I tell you what, as a what was it you under hockey? As a young hockey player, I'd have thought that was freaking hilarious. I would have been recruiting my teammates to do it. How about a funny idea? How about is a parent? Would you think it was funny, and you'd be like, oh, you got me. I thought they started fighting, because I I would think if I was in the arena and everybody started fighting at once, very quickly, I would think I would you would understand it was fake. Yeah, I can believe because you know youth hockey well and well that and I can't believe that all of these seven year olds are great actors that pretending to hit each other and be hit.
Speaker 2: It couldn't have been that great up close? Good it well? Right, exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you gotta be backaways. You gotta have a wide shot to make it the least bit convincing. So you're sitting there, you're thinking, the hell is he doing? Why are they pantomiming fighting? This is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Lest they all have the.
Speaker 3: Talents of Charlie Chaplin. I don't think it was probably that convincing.
Speaker 1: But ABC's Hannah Batta is concerned about hockey's fight culture.
Speaker 3: So the scandals question the scandal here if there is one? Did ABC completely one know what was going on here and presented it like a tragedy just.
Speaker 2: For clicks they may have, which is not cool? He got my sciti out, Go get you what they got the firework. He's sound for final thoughts. I like it. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought for everybody on the crew. Wrap things up for the day with Mike leins Lower technical director, will bravely lead the way Michael Whischr.
Speaker 2: Final thought.
Speaker 8: You know, this story reminds me of morning radio back in the day where somebody a DJ would have a goldfish and say I'm going to blend this goldfish unless I get people to call in and you know, convince me to do otherwise, and people would call in and beg.
Speaker 2: And yes we did.
Speaker 3: We did do that, Katie, and we ran the blender and everybody freaked out.
Speaker 2: Monsters. It was funny.
Speaker 1: Katie Greener esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie, I think.
Speaker 4: We need more of this, more of these little ice hockey fights, flash mob fights, all of it.
Speaker 2: Just I love it. Keep it coming, boy, all right?
Speaker 3: Jack final thought for us, Yeah, people got angry when they thought we actually blended the goldfish.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what our point was.
Speaker 3: When we had a couple of dudes in studio Kiss, Remember we had two girls in studio Kiss, and two dudes in studio kiss.
Speaker 2: Some people got.
Speaker 3: Really angry about that. That was before even I don't think there was video of it. I think it was just audio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh percent. My final thought is number one.
Speaker 1: I was reminded that a lot of people call Minneapolis Snowgadishu, which is kind of funny. And secondly, according to recent study, melodies are getting measurably less complex and more homogeneous in pop music. Everything is converging to what is measurably most popular. Algorithmic recommendations are the final push down this death spiral. They tell you precisely what is the most popular thing to talk about, so everybody does, says, and writes about only those things.
Speaker 3: You only need the one, four, five, and six chord for all songs in the future.
Speaker 2: According to law, I think.
Speaker 3: Arm same time, Armstrong and Getty Rabick go another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people, thanks so little time. Good to Armstrong Getty dot com.
Speaker 1: You ought to be subscribing or following our podcast that way it downloads auto magically. Drop us a note if there's something we ought to be talking about, or you'd want to weigh in on something we discussed mail bag at Armstrong egeedtdy dot com.
Speaker 3: Are Trump and Elizabeth Warren gonna cap credit card rates?
Speaker 2: They're talking about it? Maybe that tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and.
Speaker 7: Get take they're way better at words.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, word. Let me say. Let me say one thing. You do what you know how to do, because when you do what you do, what the hell are you talking about? You gotta be kidding me? Say one way? Are you sure of that? Dude? The final the end of this trange of hearings. What's that word? That high note? Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty