Speaker 1: Aba Fam, It's Mandy, and I didn't expect to be sitting here on Christmas Eve morning with my cup of coffee an eggnog non dairy eggnog latte, to be exact, because I deserve and recording. But you know what, you make plans and it makes the big guy up there laugh. Right, So here I am recording the intro to this week's episode, and honestly, and when I get down, I'm a little grumpy about having to work. But then when I sit down here and I remember who I'm talking to, my ba fam, I'm like, y'all really are like the cousins, the sisters that I feel like I should call in the morning, just like it my day started, you know, like, how you doing, Yeah, what you having for breakfast? Having a good day? What you got going on? I just want to check in. So now that I'm here, I'm just really grateful. And this is going to be a fun episode. Y'all know that Tiffany officially had her last show that aired last week, but the party, the going away party continues with the fourth and final installment of the series. Farewell to Tiffany, and this is a special one because for the first time. I don't think we've ever done this before, but we we. I took a look back at the top ten most listened to episodes for twenty twenty four, and I just thought, what better year to do this than when it's Tiffany's last year. And I think it's a great way to highlight just what I mean when I say she's really leaving a legacy and that she deserves this sendoff, and I'm going to get into the top. Also, it's kind of hilarious to see what you guys, what episodes y'all loved, because I started to build my own list of the top episodes and it was nothing like the ones that ended up being the top. But yeah, I'm gonna let be a fam take the lead here and share some of these highlights, and I hope that you enjoy it. It was really fun, I found myself. You know, I'm looking. I'm listening to like forty five minute episodes, ten of them, and I'm trying not to listen to all of them because I don't want to be working for ten hours straight, but they're just so damn fun. So what I'm really hoping is this gives y'all, you know, like a little reminder that there are past episodes that may still resonate for you today that you can go enjoy even as we step into a new season, a new chapter of the Brown Ambition Podcast. And I have never felt more loved, more held more support then I have been by u BA fan And I've been a tough cookie. I've been I've been. I think I'm really proud of the way this whole you know, series has gone down. I'm proud of me, I'm proud of Tiffany, and but I'm in my feelings. And maybe it's because it's Christmas Eve. Maybe it's because I was listening to all these episodes while I was picking clips over the last few days. But I'm I think I'm finally feeling the feelings. I think I'm finally ready to have a little cry about it and I might call Tiffany and, you know, just remind her that I love her and that it's going to be okay. And I'm gonna see you guys really soon though. We're going to be back the first week of January with a new episode, and you're gonna listen to the first ever be a round table. I'm going to have some incredible guests joined me at the round table. It's going to be fun, so please come show up, continue to support the show, leave us a review, Tag me in any social media post, tag at Brown Ambition Podcast. When you share episodes that resonate with you, and tell a friend at tell a friend always as you're homeless holiday season, make sure they know that you're loving Brown Ambition. So yeah, we can just continue to grow into this new season for us. All right, So, without further ado, here is or here is Here are the top ten episodes of twenty twenty four Brown Ambition Style. So let's start with number ten. Oh god, I feel like Carson Daly is TRL. Now TRL is not around anymore anyway. So number ten was an episode of the BAQA called Messy Money. All right. So in this clip, and this is one of those episodes where Tiffany gives the listener her own anonymous, like her own pseudonym when they don't. When y'all don't give us a pseudonym, we just get created. And Tiffany called this one messy Money. So in this clip, Tiffany is answering a question from a listener, and this is like Tiffany's top brilliance, like just her ability to first of all, make things hilarious, make them personal, make them emotional, but get back to hilarious, and you're going to learn something. So in this situation, we have a listener whose sister has stolen money from her, has hacked into her Instacart account, and has done all kinds of shenanigans. And in her best, truest brilliant light, Tiffany talks about really puts herself in a conversation with this big sister, and so from big sister to big sister, Tiffany takes this lady to school, y'all. And all I can say is I hope Messy Money played this episode for the sister that bamboozled her, because it is Wow Chef's Kiss. So here is number ten top episode of twenty twenty four, Messy Money.
Speaker 2: Sis, your little sister told me that you asked to borrow her Instagram account, her Instacart account, which I'm not sure why you would do that, Like, are you not allowed to make money on your own?
Speaker 1: Either way?
Speaker 2: That's where you first messed up because you should not have been using her Instacart account to do deliveries.
Speaker 3: So that's one. Okay.
Speaker 2: Two, she asked you to stop, sis, and obviously you continued almost doubling her income, and she was supposed to get three thousand dollars back. Not only is she not getting three thousand dollars, she also owes another three thousand, So that's six thousand dollars that baby Cis is in a deficit for because of the choice that you decided forty two to make. Now, mistakes happen. I know this, but now she's asking for it to be righted. And I know you love your baby Sis. You've only zeld her two hundred and fifty dollars. What is going on? And now baby sister is feeling taken advantage of it because, quite honestly, as the big sis, who is nearly twice her age and I'm not an age's becausist. I'm forty two, I'm forty forty four, I mean forty five two, I'm big sis.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, why go ahead.
Speaker 3: And run this girl back up? Dag all money?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. You shouldn't have used an instacart, but you already did that. Okay, we're here now.
Speaker 3: Two, Like, I don't know if you understand. See.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I find it hard to believe that you didn't understand how ten ninety nine work.
Speaker 3: Not at forty two.
Speaker 2: You don't like I could see if you was twenty six like your little sis, because I get it, she probably didn't understand. Her boyfriend put her up on game about ten and I, girl, you knew that at ten ninety nine was.
Speaker 3: Gonna get issued. Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: Honestly? You I have three younger sisters. You know that one of the roles as an older sister is to educate, to protect, and honestly sometimes even provide for our little sisters. We're not here to take advantage of them.
Speaker 3: But now we're here.
Speaker 2: Girl, not only do you owe her that three thousand, you owe her another three on top of that. You do because she was gonna get back three thousand dollars. So now that we know all that is true, we know this is true. Now it's time for solutions. I like to be a paper towel person. When I was a kid, I used to spill something. If it was my dad, he would get mad and be fuss and fuss and fuss and fuss and fussing, and then finally hand you a paper towel, which I just did with you because I'm still my daddy's daughter and my mother would just say just go ahead and get a paper towel. Well, you need a little fussing first, So now let's go to paper towel.
Speaker 3: The solution.
Speaker 2: We're gonna clean this up. So you've only zeld her two hundred and fifty dollars, maybe more by now, because you wrote this a little while ago. Okay, now, what is the payment plan to give this girl her six thousand dollars? Let's map that out. What does that look like? Because it's not a matter of like you're going to, you know, like cuz one twenty six, little sis, here's the thing that like, you are not going to pretend that it didn't happen, because even if you pretended it did, and you're going to feel some kind of way because you're supposed to feel some kind of way because your sister made a mistake. But sisters make mistakes. I've got four sisters. Lord knows that we've been up down, side to side. We've made mistakes. But it is her job to remedy that mistake. It is her job to remedy that mistake, and so now we're gonna map that a payment plan of what it looks like to pay her the six thousand.
Speaker 1: All right. Now, coming in at number nine is a classic because every time Tiffany's shares this credit score credit score method that she has, y'all probably know what it is. You probably heard it. I still get sat and I still listen because I just don't think she can tell this enough times. It's still so useful. So number nine is an episode called your Credit Score Will Jump Like Jordan. All right, So in this episode, we're answering a listener's question about how they can improve their credit score in Tiffany. I'm just going to share it, y'all. This is Tiffany's exquisite credit score improvement method. It's called the Jump like Jordan method. So I'm just gonna get out of the way and let y'all listen to it. Enjoy this clip, take notes, Enjoy.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do what I call my jump like a Jordan and method. So that is when you said you have some subscriptions, spread those subscriptions over the three cards. So let's just say Netflix, Spotify, Gym membership. Each one of those cards will get one subscription and then you're going to pay it off every month in full.
Speaker 3: So you're going to.
Speaker 2: Have the subscription charge the card and then you're going to find out your oh is it called closing date? Yeah, reporting date, closing dates sto. No state be a statement date, right, So that is the day that basically they tell the credit buros, hey, Nikkia use her card. Because you want them to acknowledge you use the card and acknowledge you paid it off.
Speaker 3: So whatever. Let's just say the due date.
Speaker 2: Is the thirtieth, but the statement date is the twenty fourth, so you want to find out whatever the statement date is the date that they report card usage, and you want to pay it off after that because you want it to be reported. This part people get confused with all the time. So it's like, don't be late, so pay it off by the due date, but paid off after the statement date when they've already told you used the card, because you want a record of your usage. And if you do that automatically, it just looks like your card getting charged, your guard getting paid off from whatever checking account. You can have it automatically paid off every single month, and this will allow your credit score to jump like Jordan.
Speaker 3: Remember back in the day.
Speaker 2: Well, you can even see it on his sneakers, the jump Man where he's literally jumping like Jordan used to get. That's what they call him the Air Jordan because he used to get so much tight. And you gotta see your card score.
Speaker 1: Jump jump black Jordan. Ah, every time I missed him, I'm just gonna listen to that clip. It's like jump like Jordan, noodle budget, her little catchphrases. Okay, So coming in at number eight is a really fun interview that we did with our rich bff, Vivian two. So, Vivian has had individually met Tiffany and I over the last couple of years. I think she and I, Oh yeah, she and I shared a partner in Marshalls, and Tiffany and her, I think had swapped notes about having New York Times bestsellers while Vivian was working on her book, which she was on the show to promote. And her book is called rich af and if you haven't checked it out, please do. I was just at Barnes and Noble cutting up a couple of days ago, rearranging the display shelves to make sure that the you know, the Melanated, the sazond of Us were first and foremost, like at the front of that business section, And it was almost a joke how every single featured book on the shelf was a white dude. And y'all know the three or four white dudes I'm talking about. Okay, So I popped out. I pulled out Vivian's book, rich A Up, I pulled out Clever Girl Finance. I pulled out Tiffany's book and made sure they were right there in front for everyone to see. So go check out her book. But this this interview, y'all. You know, there's some influencers that are there for like a flash in the pan moment. But I think Vivian I just really enjoy her point of view. I enjoy the way that she teaches. I think that she's super engaging, and obviously she's The millions of followers she have she has acquired over the last couple of years is evidence that she's doing something right. And this episode was just so fun that I actually chose two excerpts from it to enjoy. So there's a clip where we are just intered, and first of all, it's like classic Tiffany whenever we have a guest, I mean, usually it's a woman of color. You know, I don't think we've ever had a white woman, have we?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no. Stacy Abrams, co author, she came on the show that one time. But honestly, y'all know, I just did. That's why I get Stacey on the show. I was like, m M, I'm interviewing Stacy Abrams and other lady. But anyway, so when we have a guest in the studio, Tiffany will always say, we back in blacker than ever. We got extra brown in the stew today. But Vivian, anyway, I'll let you guys listen for yourself. It's just really funny. So in this episode, Vivian tells, for the first time ever a story about how she nearly quit her job at an investment bank and how a mentor of her helped her navigate the situation. So basically, she was dealing with the boss who was like saying super racist things. Vivina is of Asian heritage, so yeah, like making really inappropriate and racist remarks about Vivian and her ethnicity and her clothing and just all this kind of stuff. So this is one of the key moments of the episode. I hope you guys enjoy it. So here is a little clip from number eight, our rich BFF with Vivian Too.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, hey, we're back.
Speaker 4: We're black.
Speaker 2: By by By Brown.
Speaker 4: Ambition and ambition and ambition, ambition, and we got a.
Speaker 2: Little some vanilla bean brown in the studio today. I was looking, you know, we think you know, Mandy. We think Wait a minute, I won't give you like a like a latte.
Speaker 1: Let's not start the cast system again. Okay, to finact, I want to know because I do follow you on IG I know you're you're engaged. R Are you planning a wedding? Is it an extremely bougie international Italian wedding? Mandy?
Speaker 4: I've been called up twice now on this podcast. I came here for a good time, not to be victimized asking for facts. Are you planning a wedding?
Speaker 1: Fact? Tell me about I want to hear about your partner though, and you've been together a long time. Yeah, what has y'all's relation, How has your relationship changed, improved whatever, over the course of you building this business. I don't know what he does. What's he do? Is he on Wall Street?
Speaker 5: Is he yes, So okay, I'll give you the TLDR of my sweet sweet man. We'll have been together for seven years in April, so quite some time when we first met. We met because we were both working on Wall Street and he worked on the same team as my girl roommate at the time, and they sat like caddy corner to each other on the at the office, and so I ended up meeting him one random night when I went out with her. We were running around the bars in downtown New York City as a young twenty something does, and we hit it off like he was just like the coolest, nicest guy. And when people ask us about our financial situation quite a bit when we first started dating, he made much more money than I did, like two times, and he was always so generous and never made me feel any type of way about it, Like he paid for all of our dinners out when we would go on vacation, he would pay for more. Ultimately, when we ended up moving in together, he paid a bigger percentage of rent. He never made me feel like my job was less important, or that I was less important, or that my career aspirations were not as big as his or important because he made more money, and for the first like five years of our relationship, he was the breadwinner and he almost at all times made twice as much money as I did. In my last year at BuzzFeed, I had a blowout year, and I've publicly shared this. I made over six hundred thousand dollars in a W two job.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: And that was the first year we made roughly the same. I made a little bit more. I eked him out by, you know, twenty five grands, and he was really proud of me. And I asked him really candidly at that time. I was like, do you think anything's going to change or would you feel weird if I, like made more money than you. He goes, why would I feel weird about you making more money? I will then have more money?
Speaker 6: Just like, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: And so he's always had this very very just amazingly supportive attitude about what I do and what I want to do. And when I finally decided to quit my job, it was in part because I had a golden parachute to rely on him. And he said, he's like Vivian, no one has ever starved on a Wall Street salary. For two people, So like, go chase your dreams. Like maybe we won't be able to end up buying a home, or maybe we won't be able to go on as many vacations or take as many ubers, will have to take the subway, whatever, but like we will still be able to live our life, like, go chase that dream. And because of that, I was able to and I make quite a bit more now than he does, by like a factor of like four or five times, and he again, the attitude is never changed. I feel so grateful for that, because my mom even told me that I should start lying to him about how much I was making.
Speaker 4: Love you, Vivian.
Speaker 1: All right, So number seven, we have a classic episode from last year. I actually wasn't here for this interview, which is sad, but that would happen sometimes. This is one of those interviews where I'm like, wait, a human person. Of course they create credit cards like human it will just like come out of nowhere. But but to actually talk to the woman who created our favorite credit card of all time, the Chase Reserve Card aka the Chase Good Time Card if you're Tiffany and never remembers what the card is called. But Tiffany had on Vernda Gupta and this episode is called I Built Your Credit Card featuring Vernda Gupta, and this is the woman who was at Chase and developed or was a key architect of that credit card and all of the benefits. And since she launched that credit card, Verinda has now left the credit card business to launch her Sequin Rewards via a debit card, which is the first debit card that's actually made to reward women spending habits, so you can get up to six percent cash back on self care and some donations. And she talks about how the card was developed really to like take you know, take advantage of the pink tax for once. You know, the pink tax is how things that are branded for women typically cost more and more expensive. And she's like, well, f that we're going to get rewarded for spending things on that, spending things on objects for us, products for us. So love this interview, you guys, Enjoy it, and then thank you again to Vernda Gupta for joining us on BA.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about Sequin one. How did you come up with the name and what exactly is Sequin?
Speaker 6: Yes, I actually love this question.
Speaker 3: With the name.
Speaker 6: So it's actually an interesting kind of fun fact. So sequence or sica is the Arabic term for a coin, and around the Roman Empire timing, there were these Venetian gold currencies as well, called sequence or sica, and as you know, the fall of the Roman Empire, the coins started losing value and so people would wear them as talismans and you know, decor, and over time it became this kind of shiny not what we know a sequence k and I really loved that mix of you know, rooted and deep currency and gold coins, but also something that represents femininity and something that feels very kind of right and loud and out there. It just felt like this perfect mix of you know, what we were trying to build and you know, the change that we're trying to make in the world.
Speaker 2: Now that we know how you got the name Sequin, what exactly because I know it's a women's banking and financial education membership club, but what exactly does that mean? If I were to go and we have a link in the description of our you know, if you're listening and like, I'm want to sign up for a Sequin after hearing, So if I were to go to to go to sequencar dot com.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the site, right.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly, seccard dot com.
Speaker 2: Right, And so then what can I expect, Like, what will I get there? You know that I can't find someplace else exactly.
Speaker 6: So the best part about Sequin is that we combine community and financial guidance with actual banking and financial tools for you to take the action. So you have guidance, you have accountability, and you have banking tools. And so we go through our three step money, credit and Wealth program and at each step we actually say these are the things that you need to do, and actually in this order, because we get so many questions around should I be paying off debt first, should I be investing first? Should I have an emergency fund? And actually there is an order that works for most people, and so we say this is the order you can diy. We have a ton of amazing resources around money, credit and wealth. We have workshops if you need accountability, and we do a lot of community work together as well. And then the best part is you get a Sequin high interest checking account and a Sequin depit card that has your own money mantra on it.
Speaker 1: Oh I love oh girl, Okay, coming in at number six. When I read this title, I was like, what is this title?
Speaker 3: What does this mean?
Speaker 1: And funnily enough, it was a BAQA episode that I wasn't there for, so that explains why I'm confused. But it's called Exhausted and Lonely by Digital Only, And so in this episode, Tiffany is in the hot seat BAQA and she's talking to entrepreneurs basically about this obsession with going for digital products and like a digital you know, having these like touch points with consumers where it's just like very it's not personal. And I think Tiffany's in her bag. Y'all know she has her business mentorship program. You can go to my mentor Tiffany dot com. It's through Patreon, and I know so many incredible ba listeners are already in that group. But it's really Tiffany in her business coach bag. So enjoy number six. Exhausted and Lonely by Digital Only.
Speaker 2: So normally you pay taxes in a business on what's leftover. So let's just say you made a million dollars now, but she spent a million. Ooh, you really supposed to pay tax on what's leftover. There's nothing left over, so you don't pay taxes. If you made a million and you spend five hundred thousand, then you're gonna pay taxes on the five hundred thousand. What we made is basically what we spent, because I did pay taxes throughout the year quarterly. But she basically like girl, we was like net net even aka, we didn't really make no money, you know, like I mean, of course we made enough to pay bills and pay my salary and pay the salaries of other employees and things like that. But usually this excess and I usually get a big old tax bill even quarterly, typically my tax bill quarterly, sometimes the supports of six figures for the quarter. I said, damn, it was a batty honey, so much so that we started off with six months worth of emergency savings and by December we were down to one month because we lived off our savings. So I'm just sharing this candidly because every year and cute, but you live to see another day if you smart. So how do you maximize twenty twenty four if you do have a business, Okay, gather around children. One that if you do have a banner year in twenty twenty four, which I'm claiming it because we already start enough strong, like the Bunjanista has already made like it's the money it needs for six months, which is great. But I know this, and so I inherently trying to refill our emergency savings because for the first time, we leaned on it so heavily. We've never done that before. But during twenty twenty, when the pandemic was making all the businesses all juicy and good, I said, girl, you made ten million dollars this year.
Speaker 3: That's cute. But guess what.
Speaker 2: I suspect that this is gonna be a great year, which means a not so great year might be coming. Twenty twenty best year ever, twenty twenty three, worst year ever. Thankfully, I understood that twenty twenty twenties earnings were supposed to also pay for when the worst year came. So I had the six months of emergency savings of operating expenses and operating expenses meaning payroll, like any kind of like you know, like any kind of bills, like you know you have Facebook ads, you know we have like website platforms, domain, all the stuff it costs it costs someone in business. And so we had six months of that saved. So if you happen to have a good year, I say, you want to have ideally about six months saved or more in business. You know, I only knew to do that because about God's great. So during the pandemic, we had that, like I said, our banner year where we made over ten million dollars or about ten million dollars in business, right, yeah, ten million right, And it was like, you know, we had a lot of profit.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like we made ten we spent ten.
Speaker 2: And I remember reading in that year that Microsoft had one year's worth of operating expenses saved. And I said, huh, because your girl likes to read, here's the thing about business and just life and growth.
Speaker 3: You need to take a look. It's in a book.
Speaker 2: It's reading ray booo, go ahead on and get you read on. You know, even if it's audible, I don't care what it is. Read the information is there. Chud read this article and it said, hey, you know, although like you know, business is booming for so many people, Microsoft has decided to save one year's worth of operating expenses just to see because they weren't sure how the pandemic was going to play out and I said, well, then, if Microsoft is saving a year, how much do we have saved? I had never really checked, and I knew we had emergency savings, but it wasn't a priority because things was good. So I reached out to my CFO Shanta at the time. I said, girl, how much do we have saved? She said like two and a half months. I said that feels light, and she was like yeah, because we had never really needed, like in fifteen years.
Speaker 3: By then it was like thirteen years.
Speaker 2: We had never really need to dip into emergency savings maybe like a month and then put it right back. And I said, I feel like I want to get to a year, and she said okay, And so we aggressively started saving when things were really good, and we got to six months, and I felt like, actually, six months feels good because the year feels a little excessive. Thank God, because three years later, guess who was living off that lamb okay. And so I just say all that to say that in twenty twenty four, if you do have a good year and you have a business set aside, like ask yourself or your bookkeeper or your accountant or whoever's managing your finances. How much does my company cost me to run monthly? And make it your business to work toward getting to at least six months of emergency savings. Okay, you might not need it in a year, two years, four years, but one day you're gonna need it.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, we're in the top five, Top five, Top five do y'all were y'all just as upset with me as me when it came to trol And finally when they got to the top five, the top three songs, the top three music videos of the day, it would be not enough time left in the show to play the full video, so they played like thirty seconds and I would this was before YouTube, but I would be so pissed. I'm like, wait a minute, play the entire bye bye bye, Like I want to see all of my favorite parts. I want to see the Christina Aguilera come on over in full effect, you know what I mean. But anyway, but here I am doing the same thing. But top five, Top five, we're kicking off the top five with this.
Speaker 6: Ugh.
Speaker 1: I really this was one of those episodes that I was like, I could just sit here and listen to the entire thing. Me and Tiffany talking. It was a post New Year sort of conversation and the title of the episode is keep the Peace for Who. And Tiffany and I both had wild holiday seasons and some really intense like family situations, and so Tiffany talks and this is all about growth, right, And so Tiffany talks about having a difficult conversation in her family and being the person who says, you know, what, enough is enough? Like who am I really keeping the peace for? It's for them and not for me? And she found peace and sit and standing up and using her voice and speaking out. And it's just a great reminder that sometimes we can choose. We have to choose the truth. We have to choose using our own voice over our fear over how it will make others feel. And maybe you do need to, you know, break up the holiday dinner and make things a little uncomfortable if it means, you know, really facing some uncomfortable truths, because through that, on the other side of that, hopefully there it can be healing. And so in this episode, while we're talking about that, and I just I just think it's a great message, especially around the holiday. So enjoy Number five. Keep the peace for who if there's not someone who you know is going to bat for you when you're not in the room, Like, that's not that's an indication that you're not going to be taken care of. You're not going to go very far. And the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can excize that person or quit that job and you know, move on where you do have advocates because we just can't be we can't be lied to and de lie to ourselves and say that we're better off just being grateful and not pushing back. Yeah, it's the it's the nice thing to do. Don't want to burn bridges. Yeah, all that bs.
Speaker 2: But it's like, man, you stay in that space. I mean that's been the story of my life, you know that, like, oh, there's safety and silence, like even like I told you, Like I had my difficult conversation on Christmas and one of my sisters was like, oh, sometimes it's just better to keep the peace, Tiffany, I said, but who's peace?
Speaker 1: Who's for who? Who's it better for?
Speaker 2: Yes, I said, I feel peaceful right about now because I said my piece. Yes, So it's like they're gonna be all right and guess what they were. They were all right, we're cool now, you know. But a boundary has been said, because I cannot move forward any longer. I have made so many changes, many knows, like so many changes behind the scenes of like what my boundaries will and will not allow. And I just don't want to live the second half of my life constricted by you know, what the people gonna say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, that's what I call it, Like what the people gonna say, and like their feelings and not yours. And keep the peace for who people think about themselves way more than they think about you. They might think of you for two minutes today, So for two minutes, I'm going to live my whole life because for two minutes somebody might think ill of me, Like I just I cannot, I will not, and neither should you. And I'm so glad that Tarajie said something. And what I love is that y'all who listen.
Speaker 2: You know, you give us such great feedback of how we've been able to like encourage you and push you to ask for more, Encourage you and push you to look at your finances differently, you know, give you the tools and the resources that you.
Speaker 3: Need to get what you deserve.
Speaker 2: Like you know, the people are always going to say something, but not in twenty twenty four. We're not living constrained by what the people are gonna say.
Speaker 1: Let them to walk, Yeah, let them to walk, Let them to walk, Let the girls chatter in the comments, and just sip your champagne like Taylor's shipped out the globes last night. All right. Number four, This is another episode with I don't know a really great message. This came from a baqa from Budget Bro, one of our men, one of our ba fanboys. Mm hm, not I'll call Kevin, but we nicknamed him Budget Bro. And Budget Bro is going through a career conundrum. So a lot of this is me sort of offering him some advice on how he can navigate a sticky career situation. And I'm talking to him about how, you know, you can make some choices, especially when you're a parent with your career, that seem good for your career, but ultimately you miss out on some really keen moments as a parent, and sort of like having to balance that and just a reminder that time really is something that you can't get back. So whatever you got to do, career wise while those kids are young. It for me, it's like it's not a forever thing. If you take a step back, or you choose a lighter schedule, or you don't go for that promotion if it means you're going to have more time with the babies because they're going to grow up and you can do all the work later. You know, the jobs of work is not going to go anywhere, but those babies, they are going to be growing and getting bigger. So here's a look at number four. Time is something you can't get back.
Speaker 2: Sometimes life was a little rough because it was expensive raising five kids. So for you, Kevin, it's not Kevin, who's this?
Speaker 1: What's this? Doesn't budget bro?
Speaker 2: For you, budget Bro, it's not really the job thing. You have to decide what is my ultimate desire outcome for my life and then you align work to it. You don't decide what work is and then align your life to it. And if you do that, you know, my dad doesn't regret picking us, you know, the kids, you know, because as a result, you know, you know, we're all like well loved, looked after. You know, we we were able to have a very present father. And the truth is I am the budgetiesta as a result of the education my father gave me about personal finance, there wouldn't be no budgetiese to imagine had he chosen the stock market and more money. You know, certainly I would be a girl with a lot more money, but not the knowledge that he imparted on me because he physically here. So that's what I just say, is that choose from that place and then align your job decisions and back to school with the life and how you want to show up as a man.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So I love that advice. I agree.
Speaker 3: I think you know.
Speaker 1: When I got your question, budget bro, I thought I went back and reread it because I wanted to see, is this something that you have already applied for? Do you have an offer? And you just say that you have applied? What I like about you know, what I would typically say is like, wait until you've got an option before you consider considerate, Like don't hem in haw, like you don't have to figure out what you would do. I'm glad that you went ahead and applied for because I think a lot of people will just wait and think, well should I what if? What if? And I'm like, just apply so you have something to like something real to compare to, like an actual, real life, concrete option that you can choose between rather than just the idea. So you're getting your MBA, You're going to put in your you know, you're gonna put your hat in the right for this position if you get it. Here's what I will say to you. There's no wrong answer here. You can take the position. And I feel like in your field you have highly specialized skills. You're going to get an MBA. You said that you're you know, this job that you're doing now is more like you know, shift work, and it's it sounds to me almost like you're a day laborer in the job. I know that you're not a day laborer, but just as like a you know, as a analogy, like sort of like a day laborer, you're paid for your time and for the specific skill that you have. And this like more management type operations, project management type role that could lead down, you know, a career path with more avenues and more branches on that tree. That makes a lot of sense. And if you want to pursue that, I feel like you should. You're only thirty one, Go try it out. And then here's the thing. That you have to think about, like, okay, so what if I don't like it? What if four day work weeks? You know, I think I get more time with my kids, But actually I preferred only working half a month, even though they were really rigorous shifts. You could try it out and then you can compare. And I feel like, because of your unique skill set, you can always go back to doing that fifteen hour, sorry, fifteen day like more the overtime, the hourly work that you were doing before. I don't think you need to. It doesn't mean that if you choose this path it has to be the forever path. But I do feel like you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't take on a new opportunity and try something different and get that experience. And like you said, I like that you're thinking about your career with the company that you're at. You love where you work. I mean, you got this great foundation for your life. I think you can afford to try something a little bit different. And I would say if you And again this goes back to what I was saying about crossroads and other career pivoters. When you're getting an MBA, I don't want you to wait until you get that degree to then start looking for other opportunities. This could be a great way for you to get some project management experience while pursuing your MBA, and then when you graduate, you don't have to go find a job if you want to do project management work and start from scratch, like they can say, well, you've got this great MBA, but do you have any project managements experience, because that is what very narrow minded recruiters and hiring managers will do when they get resumes. But you can have that experience, you know, on your resume, and that can be not only, you know, a way to make you a more attractive candidate, but it can also give you an opportunity to make connections with people, build relationships through your program, you know, with hiring managers, recruiters that can serve you down this you know, long fruitful career that you're you know, building for yourself. So I just want to give you permission to try it out and see what happens. Hopefully your partner, your wife agrees with me because she's involved in this too. Yeah, and whatever you do, even though you're you know it would be a pay cut. I know you you acknowledge that, but time is something you just can't get back. And having just white knuckled my way through seven months without consistent childcare, I wouldn't recommend it, but I kept doing it. I don't know why it's hard, but you have to like what I think about the time is I'm not going to get an opportunity like this again to be around my newborn, my baby, my infant, and my and be there for drop off and pick up with my son. And although homeboy I just told Dad today his dad I was like my husband, I was like, We're gonna add an hour to Rio's pickup time because I'm really enjoying this be at home. He got mommy at four pm, but let's try five. But anyway, that time is really great and your kids will change, Your kids will grow, They're going to need you less, and then maybe you can change your schedule according to that. But yeah, I love what Tiff you said about like building the career around the life that you have now and just know that it can change. You're in charge of it, so you can change. You know, you change your mind down the line and make a different choice depending on what your family needs. And what you need moving forward.
Speaker 2: But life goes by in such a flash, you know, like literally, did you see the keV on stage? He was like, because I guess his son is going to college. He was like, the baby, you know, lifts their head, holds their bottle, burps, crawls, and then they're in college.
Speaker 1: You're like, what the hell don't say that. I'm in an ongoing argument with Mario with my oldest who's four, is you're not going to grow up. I'm like, I'm not letting you eat vegetables, have some candy. I'm not letting you grow up. Here's the candy you want, jump food, Here you go, French fries. You're not going to get any bigger with these. It works. He's like, you know, mommy, I have you know, I have to grow up.
Speaker 3: You know I have to get bigger.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm like, you really want to lean it in a joy, you know?
Speaker 2: And then yeah, because one day you know your kid is a teenager and then older and growing, and so no, I just think that, yeah, I mean, and that's just advice for everyone. And this is the advice I'm trying my heart is to lean into myself, is to determine the life that I want and to make everything else fit professionally, to make it fit, you know sometimes, you know, obviously you have to make some concessions, and that's normal, you know, but I don't want to be led by the business and the career and the you know, like that that's the only place I make decisions from. I've done that, and although it's led to certainly a significant amount of success, but also a significant amount of stress. You know, I always think to myself, like, you know, you want success, but how will it meet you healthy, happy whole or stressed, like not even able to enjoy it, not being able to even physically enjoy it because you're in such a bad state.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, so we wish you well.
Speaker 1: Budget bro okay be a fair number three in this episode how to navigate burnout. So burnout, isn't it? I mean, especially this time of year, I think we all feel a little burnt out. It's just natural. It's been a long year. You kind of reflect, Oh my god, we went through so much. And I just think this is a wonderful example of how Tiffany can really just take us to church sometimes and of course talk about her own experience, and how she's learning to overcome burnout, sort of ride the waves of burnout, and how her experience with grief has pushed her, had pushed her to change her own business, and the boundaries that she's set for life. So it's another good one, just a reminder of protecting yourself and listening to the signs that maybe things are not going as great as they need to be and you need time to reset. So enjoy number three. How to navigate burnout.
Speaker 2: People will pull you to the depths of the dirt, and then when your body is broken, they will step over it to then suck somebody else dry.
Speaker 3: It's not happening anymore. Clear boundaries. I don't want to do it. Pick somebody else.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm nicer about it if you allow me to. But if you can't hear that you will, you're gonna feel.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do it. Sorry, my mind's been made up. This is the language I use now when like someone's not listening. So I start off with thank you so much. It's not really a lot. Oh you don't listening. No, I'm okay with people being okay. Drell, my late husband used to always say and I didn't get it. He would always say, I'd rather you be mad at me than me be mad at you, meaning like, if one of us got to be disappointed, let it be you, let it be here.
Speaker 3: Why should I break my back so you could be okay? Okay? You know, like I am, I am all for equity. I believe in fairness.
Speaker 2: But what I realize is, oftentimes I'm the only one at the table navigating from that place. And so once I peak game that you would let me drown just so you can have your space in the sun. O, it's on bye, you know. And so as a result of that, I have way more peace. I just did an interview with The New Yorker the other day, and like she was asking me about, like what my day is a successful entrepreneur looks like my day starts at ten and ends at three. I starts at ten am. That's when my first quote unquote meeting or whatever starts, because it takes typically like a two.
Speaker 3: Hour walk in the morning.
Speaker 2: I like to have a slow morning, you know, everybody can wait. And then at three, this is the average day, you know, not during book launch or whatever, but during the average day. At three, I'm done no meetings, no, no, no podcasts, no, this is no that now fit within the confines of the boundaries that I've said. I don't take meetings on Wednesdays, and I don't work on Fridays, and I typically and I don't work weekends. Fit within the confounds of the boundaries that I've said. Depending on where you are in life and business or whatever, you might not be able to have the these boundaries. But you can't set some boundaries. It takes practice, it might take some therapy to figure out why you're not setting it. But you are deserving up setting healthy boundaries for yourself because if you don't, you will be filled beyond capacity until you pop to what end?
Speaker 1: To what end?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And I am always viciously vetting, like I'm looking at my life now and I'm like, what other things don't suit me?
Speaker 3: And I'm making some tremendous changes as a result. You gonna see some major changes in the next year. I'm like, I don't want to do that anymore. Oh you should.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do it anymore, and I'm making changes not to have to, you know, Like I'm forty four now, I still.
Speaker 3: Got my knees, my bag. You know I can still run. You know I still got my.
Speaker 2: Hairline, you know, good skin, child. What I don't know if I'm wasting these cute years. You know.
Speaker 3: Now I want to travel more. I want to do my work, my book again, my children's book. I want to do a series.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: There are things that I want to do that in order to have to do them, I have to clear space. And so I'm intentionally clearing space. And Step one in recreating and unlifting this burden of overwork and overwhelmed is to one acknowledge this is not how I want it to go.
Speaker 3: Say it out loud to yourself, tell your bestie, tell someone. That is step one. This is not how I wanted to go, This is not what I envisioned. I don't like it here.
Speaker 2: That's okay, say it, cry about it, or whatever you gotta do. That's step one. Step two is to admit I need help. I'm not sure actually how to get out from this.
Speaker 3: I need help. Step two is to say need help, and then step three is to go find it. Is it a business coach, is it a therapist? Is it my bestie? Is it my mama? Isn't my whatever that looks like, ask for it.
Speaker 2: Seek out the guides that you're going to need to help navigate the process. I am the queen of asking for help. Now why should I figure it out my own that might take me ten years, when with doctor Green it takes me ten months.
Speaker 3: Ask for help. You are deserving ask for help. That's step three.
Speaker 2: Ask for help, ask for help, ask for help. Then step four to start to put the help into practice. Doctor Green gives me homework to do.
Speaker 3: I do it because what are we doing? Like literally, there are things.
Speaker 2: With doctor Green that I was able to break the habits in ten months that I have been navigating since I was ten years old. Thirty years work it and through a thing, and in ten months me and doctor Green broke it, broke the habit. I'm like, damn, I don't want to spend thirty years working on a thing when I could spend three months navigating and breaking it.
Speaker 3: So I put I do the work. She gives me homework.
Speaker 2: I do the work right, and then five like celebrate your wins and acknowledge like the like give away awareness to the thing, like wow, I'm now training for a five K even though I probably could do one now if I will't because I walk like five miles a day. But I wanted to take my health to the next level. And I said to myself, like, I need something to reach toward. So y'all gave me this really great app called couch to five K. Thank you so much for the woman who did that.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 2: I as I am training, you know, I'm reminding myself to celebrate the awareness, to celebrate.
Speaker 3: How far I've come.
Speaker 2: Today was like really day one off, although I've been I was playing with a few apps, but today's my official day one. And as I was like running in the middle of running, because why should I wait until I won the five k? In the middle, I said, look at you.
Speaker 3: I'm really proud of you, Tiffany. You said you were going to do a thing, You did a thing.
Speaker 2: You acknowledge that you didn't like where you were physically. You said I need help. That's number two three. You ask for help right here on this podcast for a guy for help. Y'all gave me apps. I'm now using it right then, I'm doing what the help told me to do. That's four and then five. I am celebrating the awareness and the progress you know, and then you repeat.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: If you want to see yourself move forward, if you want to break past this burnout, if you want to keep beyond where you are now, the hold are the.
Speaker 1: Steps, all right, va fam Now another great interview of that. Dammit, I was not here for because why this is terrible. My timing can be the worst for when I get sick or writing time off, y'all. But anyway, this was a great interview that Tiffany did with the inimitable, the venture capitalist, the investor, the entrepreneur, Arlen Hamilton. This episode is called Your First Million featuring Arlen Hamilton, so please go check it out and then go follow Arlin everywhere because she really is the business and she's changing the face of venture capitalism, and she's changing the face of yeah just Silica Valley and the way that we as entrepreneurs of color are often just so left out of the capital game, and how we don't really get the support that we need as entrepreneurs. But Arlin is a rule breaker and just incredible. So I hope you guys enjoy number two, Your First Million with Arlen Hamilton.
Speaker 2: So to your point, one of the mechanisms to growing wealth and becoming a millionaire is sticking with it longer and being willing to go further than the person before. So, like, is that are those the two like major core things or something else that you've seen in millionaires?
Speaker 4: That's it coupled with the mindset shifts of you can and you're worthy of. Okay, because you can and you're worthy of, people tend to when I'm talking about mindset, people tend to kind of blank out a little bit because like, that didn't teach me how to get the ten thousand in my bank account tomorrow. They're like, I need to I need to tax cool. I mean, you know, and of course I'm going to give you the tactical, but if you don't believe you can or that you're worthy of it, it's not never going to happen. It's just not gonna You're not gonna act. Did you accidentally become a millionaire?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Did you accidentally write? It's not going to happen like that. And so yes, those are That's really what it boils down to is this focus and like even more granular, a focus of just twelve months, when is the last time And I'm asking you and your audience. When is the last time you stuck with something day in and day out for a full year regardless of the results.
Speaker 3: Well, why did that? Like my book?
Speaker 2: I have a book to get Go with Money, and I said, I this book is going to be a New York Times bestseller, come.
Speaker 1: Hell or high water.
Speaker 2: So it was two years of day in day I must have read that book like two hundred times. Editing editing, We right, be right, we write editing, editing, and then market market market market, market, market marker. Two years later, we're still marketing that book. Uh huh, because you're right. I see so many people two months saying girls not working. I'm like, what exactly there?
Speaker 4: So what I did was, I can't remember what month it was, but it was a few months ago for one of my groups, entrepreneur groups. I went back and looked at my own list of things that I.
Speaker 3: Was working on.
Speaker 4: And for many reasons, one of my main business model is an investment fund, so I am not a full time entrepreneur. On the other side, although I am an entrepreneur, which makes me a better investor. And I say that, but I have several companies, so I guess I am a full time I'm just doing both. But I look back and I said, okay, the things that I started a year prior, how many of those things did I finish? And I went through and I one by one I listed like what I was working on, and I found so many different things that if I had simply stuck with it for a year, they would have made each lane would have made at least a million dollars, like easily, like water blowing. And for some of it, I showed where I stopped it on purpose because it was taking away from the focus that I needed for this other thing that made more than that, right, But for the examples were so interesting to me because it was my thesis so that that would be the case, and then to see it laid out was so powerful. And so it's truly again, this is one of those things that the majority of people will just kind of hear and go in one ear out the other. But what I'm saying to you is that imagine you're playing this episode again a year from now, and in this moment this year, you made a decision. I don't care that it's January. We're all making all these kind of claims what we're going to do whatever month you hear this in you made a decision that you were going to stick with something for a year, and you weren't going to take every opportunity, or you weren't going to stop and to go through this other thing because this looks better, or you weren't going to add on for income streams because I'm supposed to have seven. You're not supposed to have seven when you start. You can have seven eventually, but not when you start, because you'll never get anywhere. If you were to focus for a year, the results you would get would be incredible. You talk about your book, It does not surprise me in any way, shape or form that you stick to things, because look at your results. Danielle Leslie talks about how we said yea for one year. It took her two years to make her first to really make her first million, and then from that she's she's never made less than the year before, which is incredible. She said, for the first eighteen months she did, she just had a webinar once a week, every single week, every single for a year, and then eighteen months and it just grew. And then at the eighteen month mark, something happened that was an inflection point, and from that moment on she was now making six figures a month and she couldn't stop it if she tried. If she had stopped at month four, because she only had seventeen people show up to the webinarp, then she wouldn't have gotten the skills needed to be ready at eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wish people understood that that the first few months, even a few years, are not actually about the earning.
Speaker 3: It's about the learning. Gun she will.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't have answered the question that came up in month seven. Yes, she realized this is a blocker for twenty seven percent of people. If I should simply answer this question in my first ten minutes of his webinar, more people would couver. Yeah, I'm just making that up, but that's one of the things. Yeah, past she wouldn't have had created the confidence that I bet if we looked at video footage of her first month and her eighteenth months, they're like night and day.
Speaker 2: I bet.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's always been charismatic, but I bet you, yes, there are so many things you can list off that would have been different.
Speaker 1: B All right, we have a landed at number one. The top episode of Brown Ambition for twenty twenty four is in fact the first ever episode of Brown Ambition in twenty twenty four. It's called Learning Lessons for twenty twenty four. Tiffany and I coming together just to talk about, you know, how we are approaching the new year. And it's Tiffany really going on this beautiful sort of you know, talking about this practice that she has where she calls dreamscaping, and she really explains not just how to like set goals or envision goals for yourself, but I love this idea of dream scaping. And just listen. And actually I'm gonna make this clip a little bit longer because I want the full dreamscaping, you know, message to be there. And hopefully this gives you guys something that you can practice even in this new year. I'm twenty two as we head into twenty twenty five. So without further ado, number one Learning Lessons for twenty twenty four enjoy.
Speaker 2: So in order to have your life look different at the end, you have to do something differently. So I like to do something called dreamscaping. Okay, I don't know if I made up that word or not, but honey, I'm using it. So what is dreamscaping. Dreamscaping is when you dream across the landscape of your mind. Right, So I want you to think of like your mind as this big open field and rolling hills and blue skies and clouds, and it's just like this open expands of space. So I always like to think like what Montana must look like like open like they call it big sky country where all you see is sky and flat green land. That is where I want you to position your mind. If you're driving, cys focused on driving, but if you're sitting or walking, or doing dishes or laundry, take a moment to close your eyes and imagine this big, open, wide space where the sky is blue, the clouds are puffing, the grass is green, and it's empty and you get to add whatever you want into this beautiful expansive space. It is important that the space feels expansive. If you cannot visualize.
Speaker 3: It, Google is your guru. Go ahead on a Google.
Speaker 2: Montana, big sky country or big open space. You know, maybe you know that's a visual that doesn't help for you. Maybe you need to see the desert, maybe you need to see ocean. Whatever feels expansive to you. I want you to visualize that and imagine that, and then I want you to start thinking about how you can start to fill this space with the things that you want to see by the end of the year. It is important that sometimes we dreamscape and we say what I want in five years or ten years or two months.
Speaker 3: That's great, but we're not doing that now.
Speaker 2: We're talking about how and who do I want to be December thirty first, twenty twenty four. That's the person we're looking at right now, right so you can use this dreamscaping for whatever, but for like for these purposes now at the beginning of the year, that's what we're looking at. I want you to imagine as you start to identify categories in your life, who and how do I want to be?
Speaker 3: So one question you can ask yourself.
Speaker 2: You can get yourself a notebook or like one of those those big like like poster boards or you know they have like you ever see the paper that's like the chart paper or whatever, you know, and start to write down some categories that you want to add to the big expanse of space. So categories might include health, it might include partnership or relationships. It might include business or career.
Speaker 3: It might include.
Speaker 2: So I want you to think of big, big, big, high level categories. I'm trying to think some of the ones. I might include adventure, that's what I have online. It might include finances, you know, hello, hello, Right, So I want you to think of anywhere from three to six things. You know, if it's more, that's fine, because we're not here to limit nobody. But at least three big expansive categories that you're going to start to fill this expansive space with. Right, So you have these things written down, you know, you can visualize them. I'm closing my eyes as well too, into this big, expansive, big sky country. And then under each of these categories, I start to get a little bit more specific of Okay, how do I want to show up in this space by December thirty first, twenty twenty four, a year from now. So let's just say in the health space for me, it might be like, Okay, in the health space, there might be a size I want to maintain, Like right now, your girl's a good nine ten, you know what I mean. I like, I think it's cute, you know, because I'm a woman of a certain areas from forty four and so like, you know, a four, at least for my build is not cute. You know, for your bill it might be. But for me, like all through when I was younger, I was like a six, and honestly, a six for me was really skinny, just because the way I'm built, I'm tallest, like five seven, almost five to eight. You know, your girl got booty, and so at the age I am now, I find that an eight is a little too small for how I like to present physically. But like a nine ten, it's real cute. I look snatched, you know. You guys be compliment to me, like are you look good? I'm like, I know, I know anyway, right, So for the health component, it might be I want to maintain a ten. But also for the health component, it might be I want to regularly visit, you know, keep my doctor's appointments because your girl ain't been going, you know. Also for the health component, I want to maint my walking schedule and bump it up. So I started to do the five K training that I talked about last year. Late last year, thank you guys for the app. I'm using the couch to five K app, which is awesome and so like the you know that I want to maintain and maybe even run a five K. I want to start strength training again. So these are some of the things under my health category. And so I'm in that space, I visualize myself what a strength strength training look like. I'm walking through the field. I see myself in the big expansive space using free rates, you know, I see myself in the big expansive place like for health for myself too. A friend of mine gets like vitamin drips every once in a while, every quarter, and she said it makes.
Speaker 3: Her feel amazing.
Speaker 2: And I kind of want to try a vitamin drip because I'm not gonna lie your girl don't take a vitamins like she should. And I'm like, I wonder once a quarter because I get sick every fall. It's even if I just do it once a year right before I get sick in the fall. What does maybe a vitamin C drip?
Speaker 3: What can that do?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: For health? You know?
Speaker 2: Can I get massages more regularly? So these are some of the things that are in that I list under that category as I think to myself, how do I want my life to look by December thirty? First, who do I want to be by December thirty. First, I imagine myself in the field doing these things. So that's step two, right. So step one is that you want to set the categories. Step two you want to start to list how you want to look, feel, taste all that in those specific categories. And then step three is what does that look like month to month? So I start to get more specific. So I have a category called relationships and one of those categories. One of the items in that category are friendships, right, and so like the big category of relationships, one of the bullets is friendships. I was just talking to my friend Cabrell the other day when he's one of my best friends, and Cabrell is like, this amazing foodie. He's got a great palette. Is always like introducing me to like really restaurants and things. And there was a restaurant that was closing down. He's like, oh man, this was on my Tiffany eats list, and I'm like, what's that. He said to have a list of restaurants Tiffany because we go out to dinner or whatever and where it's like, here's a place that me and Tiffany can eat. And I thought, huh, how can I be more intentional. So I put down under so category relationships, bullet point friendship.
Speaker 4: Goals.
Speaker 2: Like what it looks like monthly is what if on purpose every month Cabrella lie on like the third Friday of every month we go to a new restaurant on the Tiffany Eats list, because it's one thing to say, like, oh, you know, I'm gonna do this thing. I'm gonna spend more time with my friends. But now I've gotten very specific, not pacific like the ocean.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. It's a new year.
Speaker 1: Some of you.
Speaker 2: I've been saying Happy New Years with an S and it's upset me and my mama. So we're gonna take that S right and we're gonna put it on specific right.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm on back right.
Speaker 2: So like now I have it on my list. Okay, this is what it looks like December thirty one. Tiffany is someone who goes out to dinner with cabral on purpose, not just really need, like you free, I'm free on purpose every third Friday as long as we're both here. Because he travels a lot to a new restaurant. Honestly, I'm like, well, I'm excited about that. And so my sisters, as you all know because I talk about them all the time, most of them live close to me, except for Karen, the oldest.
Speaker 3: She lives in Chicago.
Speaker 2: And so I said, I want to We were supposed to have a sister lunch. And so I was like, you know what, relationships write big category under big category of relationships, family, right, that's the bullet and under family sisters. What can I do to connect with my sisters more regularly? The kids are in school, my sister Carol's kids, So if we do a sister lunch once a month, let's add that. But do you see how all of a sudden it went from I want my life to be good?
Speaker 3: What does that even mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: You start to now in that big expanse of space, I see my sisters and I having lunch different places. Or maybe here's the thing, maybe me and my sisters we have lunch at the same place every month, because it's not about exploring new places, it's about sisterly connection. Actually, now I'm saying that out loud, I'm like, I think I like that, because then you become like, oh that those are the fabulous girls that come every third Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Or I like that.
Speaker 2: That's cute, right, So maybe my sisters and I go to the same place every third Wednesday and me and Cabrell choose a different praise every third Friday.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: That, Like, if you want your life to be different, you want to be intentional about how you're navigating, and you can't be intentional until you get clear. And once you get clear, what does that look like in action form? So now I'm gonna I'm creating this list of action form. Now do I believe I'm going to do every single thing now? But if I have ten action things that I'm gonna do, but delightful action things, right, so like having dinner with Cabrel or lunch with my sisters. I mean, weare a crimea river.
Speaker 1: That's my bad, you know.
Speaker 2: But if the ten things I do, three of those things I have effectively transformed a part of my life. So December thirty one Tiffany is a different Tiffany than January first Tiffany.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: And so that is one of the ways I dreamscape and what I suggest for you. If you you know it's so early on in the year, it's a great time to set intentions. You know, I believe that twenty twenty four is a year of intentions. To be intentional about how you're going to navigate, to be intentional about how you're going to show up. Like for me, I have adventure, and my big bullet under adventure is travel. So it's not enough to say I'm going to travel more.
Speaker 3: No, I was like, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I started to list the places I wanted to see. South Africa. I've always wanted to go.
Speaker 3: Guess what. I booked a trip just the other day.
Speaker 2: It's South Africa plus South Africa is like Botswana, South Africa's Namimbia. I think it's like four different countries that I'm going to in May with this like Black Girl travel group, which I'm so excited about.
Speaker 3: I was on the fence.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, whoa, Well, you said you want it travel.
Speaker 3: You know you got.
Speaker 2: Specific you said South Africa. This place is take me to South Africa and beyond deal with. I also want to see the Northern Lights. I read this study that said that the Northern lights, which are like this beautiful light show that happens near like the North Pole. I'm like, so Alaska, Norway, Finland. You could see them there. They're going to be the strongest they've ever been in the next two years. So I want to see them. So I wrote that down. I want to see the northern lights, you know, and I should write that exactly where.
Speaker 3: So but do you see, the.
Speaker 2: More specific you get, you can start to check things off. You know, it's hard to accomplish the thing that you've been vague about you vague. It's vague too, you know. Connectedness is something else on my list I've been. I got invited to a mastermind in Dubai, and y'all know I don't have a good time Dubai. The last time I went, I was like, I guess girl, it's a little too manufactured for me. But the people go into this mastermind honestly sound awesome. And one of my really good friends is going and I was like, Tiffany, are you going for Dubai? Are you going for the connectedness on your dreamscaping chart? I was like, ooh, that's right, So guess what your girl, Girl's going to be in Dubai in March to navigate that connectedness. And look what happened when I said yes, I called my girlfriend who's going. I was like, hey, girl, I heard your senior. You're going to this small Mastermind. It's just like eight of us. And a friend of mine owns a house in Dubai. She lives there and she's hosting us. And she's like yes, And I said, well, it's only a two day Mastermind. Girl, I'm not flying eighteen hours for two days. Do you want to stay in Dubai a little longer even though it's not my fave? And she was like, actually, after Dubai, I wanted to go to Singapore because I've always wanted to go.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go? I was like, girl, it wasn't list, it's all my list.
Speaker 6: Neil.
Speaker 2: I was like, absolutely, I'd love to go. That was part of my connectedness. I want to connect with more people in the professional space where I am and now look what happened when I open myself up. So I hope that's some encouragement for you. I'm excited about twenty twenty four. As my sister Tracy said, it's gonna be a Banni honey, a ban a year.
Speaker 1: All right, be a fam I love you, I will see you in the new year. And to Tiffany, you know I love you, We love you. Thank you for all you have done for Brown Ambition. Thank you be a fam for riding with us all these years, and for continuing to support the show. I wish you nothing but warmth and happiness and lots of delicious lattes and mimosas and eggnog and holiday cheer. And I know, and it can be so stressful. Listen, I got'm a mom, I have two kids. I was out at the stores till midnight last night, like what, But we got to like give ourselves time to enjoy. And maybe the house won't be perfectly clean, maybe all the presents are not going to be wrapped and ready, you know, maybe we'll be up with the glass of wine Christmas even making that magic happen. But we're just blessed to be here, to be alive, to have, you know, to be with loved ones wherever you are. And if the holiday season is just not the best time for you, if you're going through a rough time, oh, we have been there too, and I just want to hold space for y'all who are maybe going through a time of struggle, of loneliness, of grief and just remind you that you're allowed, that these feelings are temporary, even though they are really strong right now, and you just got to feel them sometimes. So do what you need, take care of yourself, reach out a hand and ask for help if you do need it, because I'm sure you have loved ones, friends, family who will be ready to swoop in and provide that support that you need. You don't have to do it all on your own. Woo Sa, As DOCI says, Woo Sa, I will see y'all in twenty twenty five. Happy New Year, BA fan air