Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show here Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here in for Dan and the guys do it at All live here from the tire rack dot Com studios. Tire rack dot com is the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan, try the tire Decision guide and see the full line of Yokoma tires, special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. So we're often running hour two here on the program. You can normally hear us the show that precedes this time slot six to nine am Eastern Time three to six am Pacific time here on two Pros and a Cup of Joe.
Speaker 3: But today we are in for Dan and the guys, and.
Speaker 2: We wannat wish everybody a happy Valentine's Day out there.
Speaker 3: Have fun with that.
Speaker 2: Roses should be about a thousand dollars for a dozen, so enjoy that, or you could just you know, fake an emergency and then buy them tomorrow when they're discounted and back to normal prices. But again, to teach their own depends on how you float it. Now that being said, the New Orleans Saints have made it official. Kellen Moore's their brand new head coach. Yep, and the question becomes Whiting Cliff Kingsbury want the job. That's a side story, but also what is the plan with Derek Carr quarterback? Kellen Moore introduced yesterday in New Orleans, spoke about Derek Carr.
Speaker 4: Derek's a tremendous quarterback in this league. I've had so much respect for him the journey that he's been on. He's a starter in this league. He's a premier player in this league. He's had a great journey obviously, going from Fresno State to the Raiders and now here. You know, really excited to team up with him and go through this process. And so just like any player on this roster, Yeah, I just got here a few days ago, and I'm excited to go through this journey with all of them.
Speaker 2: All right, if not him, who rattler because they've got to make a decision soon on his contract. So I'm just wondering, like it appears like this is the direction we're going to go.
Speaker 3: But if it's not Derek Carr, who's it going to be a quarterback for this?
Speaker 5: Do the sound? I mean, do the sound? J Justice, that's what you want to do? This for?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: There you go? There you go. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I was just trying to prompt him to do what.
Speaker 5: What was that? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Get damn, yeah, I don't know. I mean, Spencer Rattler, we got to where we were trying to go for what it was worth. Owen six is a starter this year, four touchdowns, five picks. It's not his fuddy was in a bag of crap at the end there, So you know, maybe maybe Spencer Rattler is the guy. I doubt it.
Speaker 2: But Derek Carr you could do a lot worse than dare Car quarterback. It just feels like, and we've laid this out on the show prior, who's going to do a lot better than him? Well, they're also in kind of salary cap hell to where you know, and Brady kind of laid this out. They've been kicking the can down the road for so long that now they're just sort of having to wear it. But it is a division that seems very winnable, and we don't know what Michael Pennix is going to be. We're not sure what the rest of that division is going to look like and whether or not Bryce Young takes a step. Baker Mayfield just lost another offensive coordinator, so there's an opportunity there.
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 2: If you move on from Derek Carr, what solution you have that makes you better.
Speaker 7: I would always be hesitant as a first time head coach, especially a young head coach, and taking over a position where there's no guarantees anymore.
Speaker 5: You get to see year two.
Speaker 7: And to your point about the expectations in this division is that it's it's assumed that it's an easy division to potentially win or at least be in the hunt for it, right because we don't look at anyone necessarily running away with it. And you still have enough pieces on this roster to be able to put it together and win. So that's the expectation. And if anything goes off the rails, or you have a few injuries here or there, and then you're looking at a four and thirteen season, it's like, all right, maybe things didn't go well, maybe we didn't get the right guy. That's the hard part about today's NFL is there is no grace period at all with these coaches. And so for Kellen Moore, I think it would make a lot of sense, you know, given that Derek Carr whent healthy has been productive enough. And I think if you're looking at you know, the base salary, it's gonna be thirty million that comes due or guaranteed March fifteenth of this year. It's not even close to the price that you know, some of these their teams are paying their quarterback, and I think you're getting you know, fair value at least as far as the statistics are production of Derek Carr. So you know, for the first year with Kellen Moore. I mean that doesn't necessarily mean they don't draft the quarterback or bringing you know, a young guy, but it doesn't necessarily it doesn't negate them from doing that. But I think it makes some sense to at least get the foundation built for what Kellen Moore wants this team to be. I do find it interesting though that that Kellen Moore and Derek Carr. It's funny he brings up the Fresno State days because they played against each other. You know, back when Kellen Moore was at Boise and Derek Carr was at Fresno State, they didn't play against each other, and I think Boise State got the better of that matchup. So it is a little interesting. There will be that kind of rivalry when they're sitting there in the room talking about things. But I think this makes the most sense for the Saints to be able to be a competitive team.
Speaker 5: In year one under Kellen Moore.
Speaker 7: If they wanted to move on from him, you know, you've got about a month to figure that out. And as most people may or may not know, a lot of this conversations started the combine as far as trades that happen, you know, around or over before the you know start of the new league year, new deals, or even trades that court or in the draft, like they're going to start up here at the end of this month as we head into the Cobbine. It's not just about evaluating the college prospects. It's about having those conversations about what some of those trades or the framework of those trades may look like.
Speaker 6: They have a lot of free agents on the defensive side of the ball. They have some interesting free agents on the offensive side of the ball. They're left guard and Patrick. But I just I think when you look at when you look at what they have going on, Scantling, he'll be a free agent landing Young, which he only accounted for thirty six percent of the snaps this year. This was a team that was tremendously competitive. What two seasons ago, literally two seasons ago, this is a competitive team and you're trying to figure out what direction they're going in and you add you know, Derek Carr to the mix, and it seemingly was like, is this that missing piece to this Saints team taking the next step, especially, as we've mentioned, in a vulnerable and wide open NFC South. So if I'm Kellen Moore, if I'm Kellen Moore, I got to take two things into consideration. One, what Q highlighted, you don't really get a grace period anymore. I just I really don't understand why this is where the NFL has gone, where they do not give coaches enough time to build a team. Because if you were to say, I want you to build me a home like this home, here's the specification. Here is all of the things I want customized. Here's what needs to take place with the property, the foundation, all of the different Uh you know, what is it called the licensing? What is it that you got to get to be able to do the stuff? And they live the easements and all this old other stuff permits.
Speaker 5: There we go. That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 6: You're not going to build a dope ass crib in one year.
Speaker 5: You're not.
Speaker 6: I don't care how good that builder is. You're not unless you I mean, unless you Shopper could do it.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't think you're gonna be able.
Speaker 6: To the point I'm making is is that you get these people and they come in and they start building the framework or they start laying the foundation, and then they're let go. They don't get a chance opportunity to finish what it is that they've started, and you never know what that product is going to look like. We keep using Dan Campbell as an example of giving a person time to fail, put the foundational pieces in play, start to build on that foundation, and see what.
Speaker 5: You get out of it.
Speaker 6: That's the first thing I got take into consideration if I take this job, is how much time do I really have, because if I really have time, then I'm cutting my losses. I want to try to clear up as much space as I can cap space. I want to clear up as much space as I possibly can while trying to keep and maintain the core guys, keep them happy, the guys that are already signed, keep these core guys invested, and very very captive to what it is that we're trying to do, in what direction we're trying to go in. That's really all I'm trying to figure out is how much time do I really truly have And can I get the guys that are already on this team? Can I get them all on the same page. Because you're going to have a bumpy road when you have new coaches. This is because your team's stunk. It's not very often you're going to get a new coach on a team that is successful and is playing at a high level, and oh, my goodness, is just passing it over to this person to take it over. It doesn't happen that way. You're going to have growing pains being the new coach of a team in the National Football League because you're only changing coaches if that coach has been unsuccessful in winning. So to me, Kellen Moore is in a very compromised position here because what decisions.
Speaker 5: Do you make.
Speaker 6: Do you try to bring him back? Do you try to bring car back or do you move on Car? Says to me, you're still trying to win now some of these guys. If you bring them back, that still says you're trying to win now, and you want to try to win now, but you also want to be trying to build, to be able to create sustainable winning, sustainable success, build a culture that doesn't happen overnight. And I just like this microwave approach to how coaches are being being judged and measured. It isn't really in most cases conducive to a coach coming in and being able to be successful in these situations.
Speaker 2: It was the last job that was filled, the last vacancy filled in the NFL by a pretty wide margin. And if you believe the reports, Cliff Kingsbury was the guy they wanted and he decided to go back and remain a coordinator in Washington. So you already know, if you're Kellen Moore going into it, you weren't even option A. You may not have even been optioned Z like this, there's no letters after z bro but but so had to be at least Z. The point is I.
Speaker 5: Think he goes in the double letters after that run. Yeah, the want to go like the AAAB and CC. You don't wanta I mean it might need to be.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for somebody to go there. But what would leave me? But so, like if you're Kellen, if you're.
Speaker 2: If you're Kellen Moore, like it would be hoove you to want to maintain some continuity there and to have some sort of experience at quarterback. So to move on from Derek Carr, I would be putting him in an awful spot, like they in.
Speaker 3: A worse situation that he's already in.
Speaker 2: I just can't imagine that they, you know, pass on Derek Carr, who you know, w what all of a sudden become an intriguing possibility for somebody else in the league. I just I don't see him moving on from him. I don't know how that improves things. It's like the Rams with Stafford, Like there's talks that maybe the Rams would move on from Matt Stafford and go then what like that? Then then what do you do at quarterback. Do you make a push for Sam Darnold? Do you turn the keys over to Jimmy Garoppolo Like I just to me, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Saints, but you know, it remains to be seen. And then a wrap up our coverage of the New Orleans Saints for the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 3: So there's that. It is two pros and a cup of Joe.
Speaker 2: Filling in for the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here. Coming up next though, on the DP Show, we are going to tell you about a rumor that's out there, a rumor involving two teams in the NFL and a potential blockbuster trade.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that for you here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: You know this is Braden, I do not come on. What does my son say to you? Go Cubs go? What depeche modo to their music?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Come on, I would never know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, my son says to me what's that we are stick city?
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 6: I can't believe I've been like back and forth with Penn State fads about my kid wearing number eleven. Bad. It's the wildest ass that I think I've I've dealt with all week. What do you mean exactly? So, so the the roster came out and it showed man has eleven, he's wearing eleven, and so now it's official that you know he's wearing eleven, and people were freaking melting down, crashing out, like how does he get eleven? Rojas or or such and such should have got There's so many guys that should have got eleven. He's he has to earn it. He hasn't earned it. Like that was like the overwhelming, not overwhelming, overwhelming.
Speaker 5: I did, Okay, I did? I did.
Speaker 6: It's crazy, bro like, like do you understand the history of the number, Like do you understand what went into why the number even became a thing?
Speaker 5: Like I was.
Speaker 6: Literally directly talking to these kids, like directly influencing and mentoring these kids that ended up going to Penn State, Like since they were in like eighth grade, I'm known the ab Duels and the Micah's and and the Navarro's and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: I've known them since they were kids and those people like that.
Speaker 6: That was something that like was a thing between me and them that that we kind of like we went with. And so yesterday it's like everybody sitting there talking about it, like, how does he even get to wear the number?
Speaker 5: Like, what do you mean? How does he?
Speaker 6: How does LeVar Arrington the second? Which get it right, because there's too many of y'all calling him junior. He's the second, he's the second. How does how does that even become a conversation bro, that my kid is wearing the same number that is day at war.
Speaker 5: They're like, well, how did he earn it?
Speaker 6: Well, do you know what he had to do to get recruited and get offered by all the schools that he got recruited and offered by.
Speaker 5: He earned it. Believe you me.
Speaker 6: He aren't whatever number would be available for him to wear like case clothes.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's interesting.
Speaker 7: This is just one of those moments where and I tell you all the time.
Speaker 5: Not to him, I know. And here's why.
Speaker 7: Because the people who are making comments or statements like that, they don't know the history of it. They're not willing to research and understand the history of it or the fact that you know you started this, so they wouldn't have any perspective that's worthwhile. Truth so true, That's why I'm like this. It's just to me, and again because of recent events in my life, like I don't have time for anything that doesn't help more efficiency in my life.
Speaker 5: Like I just I don't have time for it. I feel bad.
Speaker 7: It's not saying that I don't care about our listeners, our fans, et cetera. But there's also a few, select, few number of people out there that if they've got a comment about our show, about a take or whatever I've said, there's always select few of people I really care to hear hear of their opinion because I know those people, how hard they work, how what their perspective is, because I've either.
Speaker 5: Watched them play coach, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 7: You know whatever it is true and understand what they've put behind it, so I trust in what they're saying is sound, solid advice or criticism whatever. But another ninety eight ninety nine percent, sorry, Like it's just there's just not as much substance to what you're gonna say that's gonna influence you know, me or anything I think or feel.
Speaker 6: Or whatever else. Yeah again, yeah, you gotta stop reading into that. You're right, man, But it did bother me. It's like it did bother me. And because I've always been one I engage our fans, good for bed, good or bad, I've always engaged.
Speaker 2: I've always liked myself. Mclin feels it's a bummer his numbers. Why do I keep thinking he was fourteen? Was that Hackenberg?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Hack Hackenberg was fourteen, wasn't it hack was fourteen? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, McGloin was eleven. We're certain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what up, Matt? What's up? Matt?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I wonder is he catching strays on this and people being like, hey man, why is he you know what? Why is he able to second taking your number? I couldn't guarantee you somebody's hit.
Speaker 6: Matt mcglowing up and was like, how does LeVar Arrington get to wear eleven?
Speaker 5: By the way State in his freshman year.
Speaker 3: I told leave our producer when we were in State college. I said, we were walking by the gift shops and we got a linebacker.
Speaker 5: You shirre it.
Speaker 2: I was like, if they had a mcgloy eleven, I swear to God, I was gonna buy it. I swear to God and wear at the next day of the show.
Speaker 5: Why would you have.
Speaker 7: Your name on the back? Did you LeVar when you played? No, I was gonna say it. Did mcgloy have a name on his back when played?
Speaker 2: I was gonna pay No, No, No, I would have done it up.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: But in the nil they are putting the guys' names on the back of the shirts they're selling in the play.
Speaker 3: But it sort of cut today again.
Speaker 7: Interesting, I don't know, it's not as much as it should be. Tru I looked into that, I was like, oh here we got a lot. No, look, it's the unfortunate reality. By the way, It'd be one thing if there was like a collective Bardy agreement, which I guess that's kind of just the agreement that was it fanatics whoever does it like has with the rest of the teams and all that. But the player is, as much as I'm happy how they're empowered at this point, there's still some areas where they're not necessarily getting a fair cut of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't disagree with that. I know what it looks like too bat the way.
Speaker 5: It's not much. It's not much? Is it ten percent less? I thought the number I saw was a little less than seven.
Speaker 2: You could less than ten percent of one hundred dollars?
Speaker 6: Jery?
Speaker 5: You like seven percent? Really?
Speaker 3: I bought your jersey?
Speaker 5: Sweet?
Speaker 2: Why you just give me seven bucks nex time? Oh my god, man, you can do a couple of Nielsen surveys. You make up that money, trust me, I've done it. Yeah, like three bucks in the mail from Nielsen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's dope. Yeah, not really.
Speaker 7: It was cool to get like cash. Only a little kid again. I was like, oh, Grandpa sent me some money.
Speaker 5: It was great and it happens.
Speaker 6: Anyways, Thank you for allowing me the vent I was just talking about. I was talking to the twins on on FaceTime during the break. You know, we're just talking. Is Valentine's Day? You know, Happy Valentine's Day to everybody?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 7: Oh you mean that the hallmark holiday that it is. We're supposed to not treat our loved ones like this every day?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Just today yeah today, thanks, thanks appreciate that.
Speaker 7: What a bunch of crap, just so you can charge more for roses and charge more for stuff that literally, I mean, Jonas, you know this, give your advice out there to people who maybe you're like I'd rather save a few bucks from theses. How exactly should they handle this Valentine's Day? And should they punt and maybe elect to like Saturday Sunday getting those flowers for their significant other.
Speaker 2: Fake an emergency like you're you're with them, like it's Valentine's Day for everyone's sick. Find a buddy who's real convincing AI could probably help out nowadays, and just be like, oh my god, I got to run, I got.
Speaker 3: Something came up. Let me let me call you later. Leaving a panic.
Speaker 2: They don't want to throw it and make a spectacle of it because they don't want to feel like they're being selfish or they're not supporting you and whatever this current emergency is. And so all of a sudden you just kind of always in a hurry, like hey, you just kind of push it off, push it off, push it off, and then the next day be like, oo, false alarm. Here, I bought these a couple of days ago. Hope they're still good. And all of a sudden, those fifty dollars roses are nine to ninety nine at a supermarket. You saved forty bucks. You look like a great person. You overcame adversity and still found time to celebrate the holiday following a near tragedy.
Speaker 3: In the fan works every time time.
Speaker 2: Or just find somebody with the language barrier like me, and the next thing, you know, you just you can get away with whatever you want.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: So there's that.
Speaker 5: Whoa see whoa. I just knew something was hot in there. That's all I did. I didn't know the rest of it.
Speaker 6: But that's what Jonas like said, and Jonahs said, yes, his his ventage, Yes, satiel okay, Cereal, yeah, Cereal.
Speaker 3: Or you could do the pebbles, you could do the correct thing. Get him some Keeper's Heart.
Speaker 2: Keeper's Art is a new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating the smooth character of Irish risky and the bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you've got to try it. Drink responsibly. By the way, somebody is speaking out on a decision they made in the NFL. Coming up in a little over fifteen minutes from now, we'll have that for you here.
Speaker 5: Oh great, jeez.
Speaker 3: Would you guys like the the latest rumor that made the round yesterday?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think I know what you're going on. Let's get it all right.
Speaker 2: So, according to Ryan Burr, who works for the Big Ten Network, he said and tweeted out the following quote quote, the Steelers have made inquiries to the Jaguars about a trade for quarterback Trevor Lawrence. This directly from the horse's mouth in the Jags organization.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now, the Jacksonville Jaguars saw this report and responded. According to Michael de Rocco, who covers the Jags for ESPN dot Com, says, a Jag source called it ridiculous, and there's no chance that Trevor Lawrence is going to be dealt.
Speaker 6: Which means it's a possibility, which means there's a tremendous possibility here.
Speaker 3: I think there's a better chance that shot Con gets traded than Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: I'll put it this way.
Speaker 7: Typically, when something like this services, usually we go to the odds makers. Right, there is not an odds maker that I could search and find that would have any odds for this up because it does come off and seem a bit ridiculous. Now, the other reason is I think Liam Cohen he probably took this job full well knowing that he was gonna have Trevor Lawrence as his quarterback. And I think Shad Khan hired Liam Cohen another young offensive mind, and I should say another offensive mind, because they're trying to maximize Trevor Lawrence. That's what this is all about. And so Trevor Lawrence, who you know, just reup to a five year, two hundred and seventy five million dollar deal, has got a relatively low cap hit for their foreseeable future really until twenty twenty eight is when the number starts to pan up.
Speaker 5: There a little bit.
Speaker 7: But he's got a ton of years left on this deal, So you're in a great cap situation with I know the guy. I know he still has a lot to prove. But I think there's a lot of reasons why Liam Cohen's there. And I think if you were to trade away Trevor Lawrence, I'm not sure really what the plan is, Like, why you treading way asset that's better than anything you're gonna find on the free agent market, is better than anything you're gonna get in this year's draft, and for a reasonable pro it just it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So I think this report, you know, coming out that hey, Pittsburgh's interested.
Speaker 5: Of course they're interested.
Speaker 7: If you're a team that's in need of a quarterback, you should you should call up everyone possible. I mean, how many times do we hear about John Lynch back when he was with the San Francisco forty nine ers, or I should say, when when Brady was playing with the Patriots and Lynch is that the forty nine ers would call a Belichick and ask if you know you'd potentially be willing to trade Brady? Okay, No, Okay, good. I just want to hear you say it, like I think every organization should turn over every stone possible to go try to find out if you can upgrade at a certain position. That's how you win super Bowls, that's how you improve your roster. And so I'm not surprised this for reports service. I'm not surprised it's Pittsburgh because they're trying to figure out a way of upgrading the quarterback position. But the truth is Jacksonville should not give this any thought. Whatsoever, at least for the next couple of years.
Speaker 6: Dool, I'm gonna I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna new coach there. I'm gonna give that one.
Speaker 5: A very very serious and very hard look, because I do not know if I would be better off.
Speaker 6: Keeping Trevor Lawrence in the long run or dealing him to get more draft picks and possibly some players that could immediately help me be a better team. I'd rather where I'm at right now. Looking at what I've seen from Trevor Lawrence, especially this season, I might be more willing to get a system quarterback, a system quarterback that gets me through what we say, a bridge quarterback, a bridge quarterback, and see where that gets me, like what happened with Sam Darnold this year. Get me a bridge quarterback and let Pittsburgh have the buyer's remorse.
Speaker 5: Let them have it.
Speaker 6: I don'pe think it's worth like the value of what you're gonna get from Trevor Lawrence. I don't believe that Trevor Lawrence will go to Pittsburgh and change what Pittsburgh is as a team.
Speaker 5: I don't so I don't think he's.
Speaker 6: Gonna change what the Jacksonville Jaguars are as a team, which, by the way, he's a part of it. He's a part of the reason why the coach got fired. He's not not a part of it. He's not he's culpability in all of this.
Speaker 5: He's a part. He might be the main reason why the coach got fired. Well, he didn't miss seven games last season.
Speaker 6: Okay, availability is the best ability. Some people say, Listen, I'm not going to his career.
Speaker 5: He's missing.
Speaker 6: I'm not going judging based off of him getting injured. I will say he has not shown me he is a franchise quarterback in the league. Yet he's given me glimpses that he could possibly be. He has not shown me that he is a franchise guy. And he's on his second contract. He did make a Pro Bowl, so there's that.
Speaker 3: It's it's interesting.
Speaker 6: Take Brady Quinn. Now, now let me ask you the I'd take Trevor Quinn. I'd take Brady Quinn. I saw him throw the camp in high school and I came away think it damn long way from there.
Speaker 5: That's what that looks like. I was like, man, I've never seen a kid through this.
Speaker 6: Quinn throw a dime on radio rode for the last three years.
Speaker 1: Three years.
Speaker 5: The only reason why Trevor Lawrence says the nickname quarterback Jesus. Watch him throw that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that that was from in divine though. He ain't been quarterback Jesus in in the league. He's been, He's been. He was Jesus in a major He played good his Pro Bowl year. He was Jesus in a manger, little baby Jesus. He ain't grown up in the Jesus that like was walking on water and all that's I ain't there yet, all right, So let me ask you this, what do you think is more likely to happen. Trevor Lawrence gets traded or Trevor Lawrence gets abducted by aliens.
Speaker 5: He gets abducted by aliens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is not happening at all on any level. It's not realistic. I mean, it costs a lot to tear down the name of a stadium, like you get a higher.
Speaker 5: That's a great point.
Speaker 3: That stuff's not cheap. And so if you think they're going to but the landscape.
Speaker 6: Of the NFL is rapidly, rapidly changing, man, Like you see, some of these trades would have just never happened before, but they happen.
Speaker 5: You know, I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: I'll say this, While I think alien abduction is more likely to happen, there's always the chance that we get our minds blown by saying, wow, can't.
Speaker 5: Believe that this trade happened.
Speaker 6: Like that's more feasible to think in today's NFL that something like this could happen, especially if it found its way to the light of day to actually be discussed or broken as news, even though it ain't with the odds makers, even though it's not something that has maybe caught all the way traction, there's still the idea that in today's NFL, no one is safe except Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 5: That's it. That's fair.
Speaker 7: Maybe there's no disagreement with that. I mean, And to say like it's I mean, honestly, I mean, I don't know. I'm not sure where we are in the whole aliens realm of things lead. You want to weigh in on whether or not you believe aliens are here, just to give us some insight. Don't any research you've done, Lee, don't even.
Speaker 5: Get me started.
Speaker 8: Aliens definitely exist. Whether or not they're here is up for debate. I think they are. Whether or not they're the intelligent type, Yes they are. They're in the sea obviously.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you see, if you oppose that question of what happens for water, Trevor Lawrence gets abducted by an alien or he gets traded, which would you say, then.
Speaker 5: Oh trade.
Speaker 8: They're not gonna Trevor Lawrence. They're not gonna abduct any of us, but Trevor Lawrence could get traded. That's definitely a point.
Speaker 6: So all these people that come up missing, you don't think that there's something to alien abduction. And when it's an unsolved mystery.
Speaker 3: You never heard of Skinwalker Ranch.
Speaker 5: I mean, what the hell.
Speaker 2: Come tell me, I mean Skinwalker Ranch. They just find like cows mutilated out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: They've seen orbs fly in and just.
Speaker 2: Orbs fly in just appear like it's it's the whole the whole thing is bananas. Like there's an Amazon Prime documentary called Moment of Contact. It's about the the alien that landed in Brazil or the creature that landed in Brazil. Alright, testimony, I'm just telling testimony from people that were there that tell that that explain what happened. A guy who carried the body of the creature ended up dying four days later because of a rash they couldn't pick up.
Speaker 3: They had no idea what they did. I'm just telling you this is why.
Speaker 5: How heavy was that body? Can I ask this question? They didn't have hammers?
Speaker 7: Can we ask for Trevor Lawrence to cut his hair? Like, maybe that's the missing link to all this. Maybe if he cuts his hair, we'll see a new, improved Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Like, maybe that's the thing holding him back right now. It's like the opposite of Samson. I just listen.
Speaker 6: I think that's you know, oh my god, maybe it's holding back. It's possible. That's a tall ask Why why can't he be normal? Matter of fact, why not get a fade?
Speaker 5: Go to the hood? Go? Could you could braid him? He couldn't get him break he could get him braided. Hey, Trevor, go to Duval.
Speaker 6: He gets you a fade, a ball fade and come back and ball out and everybody in Duva will freaking love you brother.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: If that's the case, will you claim him bar.
Speaker 6: If he goes it, gets a ball fay and balls out. Yeah, yeah, damn that be in there witning my ge h.
Speaker 3: It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. Two pros out.
Speaker 6: To go to.
Speaker 3: Filling in for Dan and the crew.
Speaker 2: Coming up next here though, we're going to finally hear why a move was made by one coach in the NFL that yours here on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here filling in for Dan and the guys. Coming up top of next hour a little over twelve minutes from now, we are going to take a look into the future. There are some odds out there on a Hall of Fame landing spot in the NFL. We will get into that for you here on the Dan Patrick Show. A reminder though, that you are listening to us now, did you know you can also see us. Be sure to check out the Fox Sports Radio YouTube channel. Just search Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. You'll see a whole bunch of video highlights from our shows. Be sure to subscribe so you always have instant access to our Fox Sports Radio videos on YouTube. So the Houston Texans made a move this offseason. They fired their offensive coordinator Bobby Slowick. Nick Cayley is the brand new OC four Houston. Demiko Rans the head coach there of the Texans. He spoke not only about the firing of Bobby Slowock, but also the hiring of Kayley.
Speaker 9: It was very hard to let Bobby go. Bobby's a really close friend. As you all know, Bobby is a great friend of mine. You know, when I got into coaching, Bobby was the guy who helped me figure it all out. And we were QC's together there in San France, so really long relationship there with him.
Speaker 5: Nothing but love and ADMI race for Bobby and what he's done.
Speaker 9: I know he'll be a really good coach in this league as he continues to move press forward in his career and I wish him nothing but the best.
Speaker 5: And going through my process, it was.
Speaker 9: Very clear that Nick was the right guy for our team, just with his energy right, his leadership ability, I think with him being able to understand the run game past game, with him being in multiple schemes, multiple schemes that were successful, understanding how to tailor the offense to the players that we have. That led me to Nick, and I feel really strong in my conviction that he can lead us and get us over the Hume.
Speaker 2: So there's Demiko, Ryan's talking about his good friend Bobby Slowick, who's and the brand new offensive coordinator who has never been an offensive coordinator before or called plays Nick Caylee there for the Houston Taxon.
Speaker 7: It's always a risk you take, right, And here's the one thing he's got in his favor is he's coming from the Rams last year is the tight ends coach and pass game coordinator. So oftentimes when you look at guys who are trying to take that next step in their career and come from the background of like, all right, a quarterback coach or tight ends coach, they're intricately involved in all three phases of what that really entails, right, because they've got a player who's asked to do one of three things. If you're a quarterback, obviously you've got to know everything. And so that's obviously a coach that's gonna be really well prepared for that next step as a coordinator because he's got to make sure the guy's coaching knows that. As a tight ends it's similar, you've got to have run block scheme, pass protection scheme, past route trees, everything else that's understood that's along with that. So that that position, because of what they're asked to do to me, is one of that kind of next in line that makes a lot of sense. And this is a coach who impressed Sean mcvayanough not only to be his past game coordinator, but tight ends coach.
Speaker 5: And then before that was Bill Belichick. So as you kind of talk about how these.
Speaker 7: Guys kind of come up the ring, like you don't just walk in the New England Patriots, you know, offices and get a job. You know, there's plenty of applicants, plenty of people when Bill Belichick was there, same thing with Sean McVay. He's kind of that next hot name and head coach that if you want to get into coaching, it'll be like one of those guys on a fast track to an OC you go coach with Sean McVay. So the truth is, you know, it may come as a surprise because no one knows this name, but he's got the back of Bill Belichick as well.
Speaker 6: As Sean McVay. Listen, whatever is going to turn out to be. I think this is a very, very pivotal moment in Demico Ryan's young coaching career. I think he can continue to either build the momentum that he's been able to create in such a short period of time and taking over the team that he once played for and now is the coach of, or it could start to hit that kind of you know how you run the risk of when you have quick success, things could get like maybe a little stale, you know, like they had a tremendous year by records, you know, by accounts of the record and what they were able to accomplish. It just didn't feel like that first year when he took over, it just didn't have that type of impact. And maybe it was because we settled in and it's like, Okay, here's what we expect from CJ. Stroud, here's what we expect from this Texans team, and it just didn't hit the same exact way this past season. I think him making the decisions and the choices that he's making ultimately are going to either lead to the results that get people excited again and it has that like kind of in moments, splash moments, and I think getting more out of CJ. Stroud next year is very key, very pivotal going into year three, right, year three?
Speaker 5: Right? Yeah, Year three. I think it's a big more for CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud just as much as it is for Damiko Ryans and going into next year and having a high level of success moving moving through that that season.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Damiko Ryans is a little bit skittish in Houston based on what he's seen happen two prior head coaches who were one and done, like Lovey Smith, like David Coley, and I wonder if he not that. I don't know if panic is the right word, but I wonder if in a regular situation or another situation, he would have given his quote unquote good friend Bobby Slowek another year, because how do you go from interviewing for five to six vacant head coaching jobs to fire at his offensive coordinator, Like, I can't imagine Dan Quinn does that to Cliff Kingsbury next year and I won their division. Well, I just I just wonder if he felt like it was a quick trigger because he looked and said, I can't take any chances.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's based off of paranoia. I think he has the relationship. He has kind of a quick decision. It is a quick decision, and it was made with success. They they're still having success, you know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: There could be another element involved as to why he made that decision.
Speaker 5: But I heard you, ooh, so go. We only got a couple of seconds, so go No. I was just gonna say.
Speaker 7: I think oftentimes these coaches, when they are close to another coach, they'll they'll let them go because they feel like, you know, they have to make a change or something's going to happen in the future, and they and they need to do it because they're trying to help them get another job elsewhere. In fact, if they go into another year where things don't work out and they all get fired, So to Jonas's point, maybe he feels the pressure of if things don't work out next year, maybe he ends up.
Speaker 5: To be on the chopping block.
Speaker 6: Anyway, that's crazy. A ten and seven year and you're feeling the pressure of getting pinched. That's that's that's the world we live in now.
Speaker 5: I guess