Speaker 1: Hey, Sabrina, we're doing it a little different today. We're hitting it a little different. Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: I don't like change either, but it is that what the kids are hitting it a little different? I don't know, because we're going to be doing our round, I don't know. You're way closer to it than I am. I'm not even cool adjacent. So you know, we normally start where I ask you a question something like that. But we have a special guest coming on to our pre show chatter, opening chatter, whatever you want to call it today, and I'm very excited. I'm not even I don't I'm not even gonna intro anything about it. I just want him to come on and tell us why he's here, because it's pretty.
Speaker 3: Apt ready for this one, because this is this is some exciting stuffing.
Speaker 1: It's pretty exciting. So, without any more ado, why don't we welcome our special guest Art Lence. Hey, Hey, we are very excited. We didn't. We teased it a little bit, but we wanted we want you to tell the fans what is happening because we've known for a little while and we are really really excited about this announcement, but we'd like you to make the announcement if you could. What's going on? What an honor?
Speaker 4: What an honor?
Speaker 5: Well, just like the greatest place in the world to be able to do this is on your show, which is the soap My Alley, And I think it's like, it's such a beautiful organic thing to be happening here guys.
Speaker 1: That I get to do this with you guys.
Speaker 5: Well, next year, if you can believe it, it's the twenty year anniversary of High School Musical. I know we were all just such children back then and years is twenty year anniversary. So in January two thousand and six the movie came out. So we're going to do a little interview of the cast and just hear about their experience. Trying to get some some untold stories is kind of what I'm hoping for. Yeah, and see where everybody's at now, see what's see what's going on that kind of relive those glory days that started it all for so many of us.
Speaker 3: And no one better than you to do it, because you were, like, you know, the the main guy that really mentored these glue. You're the glue, yes, that that went through it. At a young age. You were able to see them when they were little, see the potential be a part of it from the beginning. There's like, no one better to host the show than you, Like, there's just no one. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting and I've got you know, I have history with that everybody. Like I met Kenny Ortaga on Newsy's fifteen years before we.
Speaker 1: Had told me cool.
Speaker 4: You told us when you got when you came so awesome.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah. And I knew Ashley Tisdale for probably ten years before we did the movie or so.
Speaker 1: She was a tiny she was a little kid.
Speaker 5: And uh yeah, Like everybody was so young on the show, and I kind of felt like, uh, it was the first time I was like playing in a op on anything. I wasn't sure if I like that. It was definitely the first time played their dad. I'm like, it's weird, it's so weird. So yeah, so I think it was. You know, it was a fun enough perspective for me to have. I think everybody was so excited to just have a job on the first one, and I've been around long enough I realized like how special this was.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it kind of had a you know, like a different.
Speaker 5: Perspective than maybe they did, being in it and being so young, right, but old enough to really kind of I was inside of it all, you know, and kind of watching it happen.
Speaker 4: So uh, and.
Speaker 5: Everybody's still so close and everybody everybody's it's like a big family, and it's kind of like we've gone to war together, but like instead of or it was just like the greatest ride of our lives.
Speaker 1: So uh, it's a yeah, yeah, it's still good. So for so for everybody to know what essentially we're saying here as you are launching your own limited series right now, which will be airing on the Magical Rewine feed And what is it called?
Speaker 4: You say?
Speaker 5: Man, that was such a professional way to say that, Like you are so good. I'm just with this thame just be a plumbering my.
Speaker 1: Way through it all. So thank you, Yeah, thank you for saying exactly what I meant to say. Yes, that's it, and what's it? What's the name of the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're calling this get your Head in the Game.
Speaker 1: Get your Head in the Game.
Speaker 3: By far my favorite song, my favorite routine that they do.
Speaker 4: I love that song.
Speaker 5: It's the best I've got like one line in that in that song you know things that may be a platinum artist.
Speaker 1: So that was that was that was a great moment for me.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, like they said, you know, coach says, put your head in the game, and I've took that to heart.
Speaker 3: We've gotten a chance to talk with Corbin, but we were talking about kind of their Disney Channel experience. The fans are really going to be so stoked to hear about, specifically the experience with just high school musical, Like I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure Lisa and all of our Mikayla, all of the ones that are our producers on our podcast are freaking out can't wait to hear it as well. It's like it's a fans dream. This this, this podcast is a fans dream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be great. And like you guys know, like we have so much history, like you know, like auditioning, I kind of know each other because the world is so small, Like I'm like you're saying with Ashley, like I'm sure you've been in million rooms, Like if your audience doesn't know, like the three of us have been at the end of the line on so many auditions in the room with when it's down to three people and it's just always the same three people.
Speaker 1: And you get to see these.
Speaker 5: Guys over and over, and now you have history with them, you might put them on something, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are so excited about this. It's gonna be great. You're gonna love the process. And the thing that's so cool is as a new high school musical fan, because I obviously did not grow up watching it, I'm I missed the window, so I'm going back and watching it. I am just as excited as a new high school musical fan to learn all of the behind the scenes stuff and everything. So we were going to be hitting the old school fans and the new school fans and everybody who just wants to know what it was like to get your head in the game. And that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: What a wild ride had to have been. I can't wait to hear more about.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll find out this experience. We're gonna looking forward to it. Your show drops tomorrow August twenty seventh. Yes, the first episode of Get You Ahead in the Game.
Speaker 4: You guys do not want to miss this.
Speaker 3: Bart's gonna get all the do because he's the he's it's different than us, you know, talking to these actors. He was right there holding their hands, and he could call him out and say, hey, look.
Speaker 4: I was right there. That didn't happen that way. You know, it didn't happen that way. Let's talk real. So it's gonna be so good, so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And I gotta say, like, my big interest in doing this is not only do I love the cast and all the filmmakers made this and it was a wild ride, but the fans they have been so amazing. They're the kindest people, and they're so involved recreating the dances all over TikTok and social media and like doing such a great job because now it's like there's not a wedding without people recreating the prom scene. I mean, it's it's amazing.
Speaker 1: So like, if there's anything I could do to like repay the fans or do something for them, like please, like I love that. I love my wildcats, so I'm here for them. There you go. Well once again, August twenty seventh, on the magical rewind Feed, the very first episode of Get Your Head in the Game. We are going to learn all about high school musical, hosted by the amazing Bart Johnson, who's been there from the beginning. He's gonna be able to get us all the tea, all the stories. I honestly can't wait. I've heard a little bit about it already and some of the guests you're planning on having it. I'm freaking out.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So we're not going to give anything away, but we're very exciting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go Wildcats.
Speaker 1: Let's go wild Oh, Wildcats.
Speaker 4: Get you ahead in the game.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for checking in with us.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Un Yeah, we'll see you soon. Bye, great, thanks bye. Yes, that is right, magical rewind our family is getting one show bigger. We are so happy to announce that Bart Johnson is going to be doing Get Your Head in the Game, which is gonna be a limited run series all about high school musical. He's gonna be interviewing the cast crew if he gets Kenny or Taga before we get Kenny Ortaga. Oh my god, I'm gonna pick it. I'm gonna pick it. Everything.
Speaker 4: You're gonna ask Mikayla, because you know, Mikayla is not gonna take take a chance of not being a producer and Lisa on this one, I'm gonna be like, just tell me what day, and I'm just gonna hop on the zoom yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I'm gonna surprise Kenny being like, hey, what I think we could get you on.
Speaker 1: That yeah, because this is we've been trying to get the mistera forever.
Speaker 3: Whoos, and we get Kenny because we're gonna start getting into this Descendants too, you know, like we we gotta we gotta get his take on all of it.
Speaker 1: Now they're getting well, I'm sure we'll get him on our show as well. But this is so exciting. Get your Head in the Game launches August twenty seventh on the Magical rewind Feed. And while you're over there, why don't you check out all of our other interviews with everybody involved in just about every movie we've done. Because our producers are amazing and they've gotten us so many cool people. So binge those because they're really great, and then do that in anticipation of the brand new show launching again August twenty second. Get your Head in the Game, So thanks everybody. Oh that was fun. I love Bart so much, but man having to drive try Holloway a bubble. They both fit on their show. I know, yeah again, go check that. That's another thing. Go go talk to We'll talk to Bart about high school music all over on the Magical rerun feed. And then we talked to Robin about Fuzzbucket, which is one of the things in her career where she was like, wait, you want to talk about what and if you don't know what we're talking about, you got to go check out the interview. But that's not why we're here today. We're here today, Sabrina. Well, first of all, I guess I should say, welcome back to Magical Rewy, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses are smart, the way tsunamis and Air Canada was still flying. I'm Wilfredell and.
Speaker 3: I'm Sabrina Bryant, dying as always with my friend Will there we go.
Speaker 1: Now, let's look to this guys and let your deepest, darkest desires be known, because this week we're talking about nineteen ninety six is fantasy, wonderful World of Disney Entry wish upon a Star, or as I'm calling it, Freaky Saturday. The Freaky Friday adjacent movie debut on the Channel October twelfth, nineteen ninety six. Now, it was a bit of a lead up to Halloween and it was filmed in wait for it, people, Utah. Yes, the coin Toss was obviously Tales and it went to Utah and also utilized a lot of real residents of the West Valley in the movie as extras, including the Hunter High School basketball team, So the actual team that you saw, real team.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: We will get into the two very exciting stars in a second, but first I have a nice musical tie in with this movie. The composer of this film was Ray Colcord, the legend whose very long resume included Boy Meets World. Ray was an amazing guy, an incredible musician and incredible conductor. And uh, if we had to do anything musically on Boy Meet's World, if we had to hum a theme song or anything, he would come down to the set and he would sit with us and do everything. He could not have been a wonderful a more wonderful man. Unfortunately, Ray passed away a few years ago and we miss him all the time. So rip Ray Colecord an incredible guy and you heard his music in this film. Also a real life band, moon Pools and Caterpillars, Yeah, a Filipino group out of California, are not only featured on the soundtrack, but they appear in the movie at the Winter Festival dance, and boy do they appear. I think it's safe to say that someone's relative is in this band, like a producer or something. Someone want to contest, No clue why they were featured so predominantly. Now we'll talk.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it because.
Speaker 1: This was It wasn't bad, it was just odd.
Speaker 4: No, it's just it's of the times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you think of the big movies that were happening during this era, and they had a SKA band featured. Yeah, was a dance that they went to that the SKA band performed up. Yeah, this was like it was on brand, so on brand.
Speaker 1: Like just why moon Pools and Caterpillars. So we'll have to try to deep die.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a child band at one point, so we'll we'll get there.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, Now, as I reference, this film does have a very common body swap trope. It's an overused conceited for honest and we've already seen it here on the podcast with the Swap. But some other very popular incarnations include the aforementioned Freaky Friday, but also Big thirteen going on thirty seventeen again in a twenty twenty horror movie Freaky. And then there was the other one, what was the like fatherlike Son was at the Kirk Cameron one, And then there was another one with Fred Savage that was like Big it was vice versa. I mean there was one after another. Do you like these movies? I do all of them. Your two people swap bodies you're in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I think, yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: I mean, like it would be weird to be you one day, but I kind of would love to, like know what a.
Speaker 4: Day you will would be.
Speaker 1: You don't want to know my day?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, no I probably do.
Speaker 1: You don't. You don't want to be amazing.
Speaker 4: So we're getting to hang out with your wife.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of well that you would love. That would be the best part, be hanging out with you all day the rest of.
Speaker 3: It, her funny things that she says, all of that, But no, I mean I'm totally down for like yes, of course. I think it's very interesting to think of somebody who, especially somebody that you admire or you get to see, like kind of somewhat up close, but don't really know the ins and outs.
Speaker 1: Would you rather swap with a dude or with another woman?
Speaker 4: A dude would be scary.
Speaker 3: We talked about this a movie we've already watched, mainly because of body parts that you're not used to, like that I'm not really down with. But to be able to be a like, no, no, because I don't even like when I like hang out with my husband's friends.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Things you guys say the things.
Speaker 1: I just think, if you like with the dude and I swapped to the woman, and we would have very very different days. And let's just leave it at that. Now. I didn't say anything. I didn't say anything.
Speaker 4: You did say anything.
Speaker 1: I didn't say anything. I would just be down at the docks waiting for the fleet to come in. Now, these are very They're also very difficult from an acting standpoint, because you're playing two roles. You're kind of you know. I imagine as I was watching this film, I imagine that the two leads, which we'll get into had to have sat down and said, give me something, give me a lip bite, give me something that you do that I can mimic when I'm trying to be you. So I imagine they have to come up with a tick or I know in this movie it was the giggle. They clearly added a giggle that then the other actress was allowed to mimic. So it's got to be a difficult thing to do. I'm I'm not like you where it's like I like them when they're done well, like Big Big was great. But then there's some where it's just oh okay, it's you're not acting any different, You're just yeah, says well now my name's John. It's like, okay, that's not the same.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, yeah no.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, there are good ways of doing it in bad ways, and of course that that's obvious. But like, I'm okay with that storyline, even though it's a common one, is what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with it.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with it.
Speaker 4: Not reinventing the wheel. It's not like a new thing.
Speaker 1: But I'm amazings new things do anymore.
Speaker 4: We're just doing boo after rebooth.
Speaker 1: I just saw pictures from Buffy the Vampire Slayer of the new movie, a new show coming on. It's like, okay, we're just we're redoing all that shit we've already done.
Speaker 4: So down are.
Speaker 3: You, Sarah, Michelle Keeller, I am here for you girls.
Speaker 1: I love Sarah. I love Sarah. I am yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm a fangirl all over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Sarah. It's great, let's do it.
Speaker 3: I know, but I think it's just hard, and I think it's hard to find things that actually work and people actually like buy into.
Speaker 1: I know, but you know, hard is what why we had so many great things back in the day, because nothing worth while is easy. But anyway, it's also worth noting, though the movie is not directly produced by Disney, Wish Upon a Star is a turn synonymous with the studio because of the song when You Wish upon a Star by Cliff Edwards in the classical animated movie I hope I'm pronouncing this right. Pinacaccio. I'm kidding it. Pinocchio. It's pinocch pinochios. So that was a very good fit for the channel, obviously, which might be a reason that it had a ton of reairrings between nineteen ninety eight and two thousand and two, and with an eventual popular DVD release and one of its co stars becoming very famous years later, this one did establish a large cult following and a seventy five percent Rotten Tomatoes score. Not bad. Now, this movie does have quote a nineties time capsule element when it comes to wardrobe and hairstyles. Unquote, between the pleather jackets and the frosted tips, we are smack dab in the TRL days, Sabrina, looking back, Do you have some favorite nineties fashion?
Speaker 3: I I know because I'm out of town right now and I watched this movie on my way here. Okay, so I will get more pictures, but I wanted to at least show you on the podcast.
Speaker 4: So I'm still working on it. You just made me sure I had to to. I have to check back in because.
Speaker 3: I swear to god, I wore almost the exact dress in this movie at the end.
Speaker 1: Please tell me the end dress and not the leather hooker dress.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I do have a dress like that. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: No, I did wear something similar when I was doing a Madonna routine, but it was a routine for a dancing with the Star show Kate like show in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Okay, that doesn't sound better, does it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make that doesn't Wait, So you had a dress like that when you were working the strip in Vegas? Great?
Speaker 4: Okay, perfect? So yeah, we're gonna move on from that.
Speaker 3: No, but in high school the satin gloves, the hair up and like the satin like dress.
Speaker 4: I but I again don't have it. So i text my girlfriend's Morgan and Carrie and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, do any of you guys have the Winner form of two thousand and one or whatever it was?
Speaker 4: And They're like, yeah, I think I have it. And I'm like, you need to get it to me tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It's gotta show will I'll send more to the producers later. Okay, I gotta at least show you because.
Speaker 4: You can't even believe do you have it? How on?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I gotta Okay, well check when you find it? Will we find it? We will check back in definitely yes and okay, good by, Sabrina says the perfect. And as in the case with most of our movies, which upon a Star is streaming, However, it's not on Disney Plus, it's viewable on Peacock Amazon Prime and the YouTube's and as we've learned, it all has to do with who produced the film and their licensing contracts at the time, and with the wonderful world of Disney movies like My Day with the President's Daughter and Huba Hockey Sticks, which of course you can't see anywhere. These were commissioned from an outside third party company and the underlying distribution rights were never solely owned by Disney, in this case a company called the Lucadia Film Corporation and Samuel Goldwyn released it on the channel. Okay, did you know anything about whispone Star before we started?
Speaker 4: I didn't, which and I say this all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm so surprised. I say it a lot. I'm so surprised. But this movie, after watching it was right up my alley. So the fact that I missed out on this movie during that time, like I said, the fashion, the hair, sure like, and the fact that I was watching Disney so much and I wasn't a huge fan of Catherine Heigel at the time, ended up being a giant fan of her from Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 4: Like the fact that this movie missed.
Speaker 3: My little like you know to lt window that only accepted Disney stuff like I can't believe it because it was right. I mean, it's it's right there with Okay, wow, so that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm not even a joke. Of course. I didn't know anything about this movie.
Speaker 3: You ever, No, actually, I mean this was closer to the time that you would. Did you ever watch like a lot of TV at all?
Speaker 1: Or or are you kidding? Made TV? That's all I watched? Was TV was my only friend. It is still is. I mean, but there's TV and then there's TV. I wasn't watching tween girls movies. So yeah, I feel.
Speaker 3: What's weird to me. I think the most is you should have been in this movie.
Speaker 1: As which one Katherine Heigel or anyway, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think Catherine would have been in your epic role. No, I mean I could have seen you easily. Well, this was probably below you, I'm sure at the time. Want like you could have done.
Speaker 1: Kyle Kyle in ninety six, I mean I was, I would have been twenty twenty. I would have been twenty, so I would have been playing twenty playing high school. I guess I guess you.
Speaker 4: Don't Catherine could have been twenty Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess we could have pulled it off. But yeah, I never even heard of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a big makeout scene, and from what you tell me, you were like the makeout like.
Speaker 1: King I was, except for Rider, right or Strong was the makeout King I was the makeout. You way more than me, oh my, way more than me. Rider was the man.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's get into the synopsis. Teenage sisters, the popular Alexia and the brainy Haley, magically swap bodies after wishing on a shooting star, leading to new perspectives on sisterhood, identity, and the pressures of high school. When you were a kid, did you wish you could be older?
Speaker 4: No, because I was auditioning.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I always so.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe be older so I could like work more hours. I think my brain at in high school was really based around, like I was so wanting to work as much as I could, so not be actually older, but like be able to play a little bit older.
Speaker 1: I just was older, like I was my age. But I was already working, I was smoking, I was traveling, I was doing I was just as as a twelve year old kid. I was already a thirty five year old man. So it's just the way I was.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed being able to be like younger and I think that was like a big thing my parents really pushed on me of like.
Speaker 1: I was never a kid, but laid a great kid on TV. Yeah, so that's where when I.
Speaker 4: Listened to your podcast, I know all the.
Speaker 1: Aha, I know all this stuff. The movie was directed by U taught local Blair. True the BYU graduate began his career as the assistant to Marty Katz, the senior vice president of TV and Film production for Disney. So I think we know where his end was. His first movie was for Disney, and it was nineteen ninety three's Just Like Dad, starring Nick Cassavetti's and Wallace Sean. He'd go on to make more Disney movies like The Paper Brigade and The Phantom at the Megaplex, and directed some Power Rangers episodes, but for the last decade or so, his work has been focused solely on Mormon and BYU content and the movie stars a very familiar face. Now we're getting into our stars, Catherine Heigel. She plays Alexia Wheaton and was a working child actress, most notably in the movie My Father, The Hero and Under Siege two, Dark Territory, Ooh, don't ever piss him Off. After starring on the TV show Roswell, she would enter pop culture stardom in two thousand and five as doctor Izzy Stevens on the cultural jargonaut Gray's Anatomy and I'm so proud to say I've never seen a single episode that would turn into movies like Knocked Up, The Ugly Truth, and One for the Money, But she's developed a rather odd reputation over the years as quote unquote difficult to work with, but it always felt like a tiny bit of misogyny and a product of weird Hollywood double standards for women. But it definitely did affect her career, and my friend Danielle Harris plays her sister, Haley. Daniel's another child actor with legendary projects on her resume Don't Tell Mom, The Babysitter's Dead, The Last Boy, Scout, Free Willie, and Daylight. What a List. She also cemented herself as a scream queen as Jamie Lloyd in Halloween four and Halloween five. TV Wise You nor from Er, the voice of Debbie Thornberry on The Wild Thornbury's and psych She also played TK the very memorial sister of Harley on an episode of Boy Meets World, but she's now a mainstay in the horror universe in movies like Camp, Dread, Shiver, Hatchet two. I wonder if I'd know what was going on if I didn't see Hatchet one and See No Evil Too, same question. Her horror cult status even got her apart hands selected by Quentin Tarantino in the movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Donnie Jeffcote is Kyle Donny began his career in the movies like Goolies Too, and would appear in TV shows like The Wonder Years, Punky Brewsters, Seventh Heaven, and General Hospital. He would also appear in the two thousand and eight movie Eagle Eye and Lois Chili. I think is I'm saying that right? Chili's I'm not sure if you pronounced the yes or not? Is minterr Monster? She makes quite an argument to be considered the Dabney Reynolds chair this week, but I'll let you make the call. The supermodel turned actress has quite the lineup of films debuting in the Way We Were, which what an introduction. She was also a Bond Girl in nineteen seventy nine, Moonraker Damn already gives her legendary status, and she appeared in Death on the Nile, The Great gats Beat, Broadcast News, and Creep Show two Awesome. And this movie has a run time of oh, wait for it, people, eighty nine minutes, Oh so close to ringing the bell of perfection, but one minute off. Sure it's on the right side of history, so we can live with it. But hah. Ironically, I commonly wish upon a star that movies are ninety minutes or less, So it looks like my dream kind of came true here. Strangely enough, I also woke up as Catherine Hegel and the movie is written by Jessica Barondez. Her only other credits are a movie called Little Secrets, also directed by Blair, and Lucky Seven with Heigel's eventual Gray's cast mate Patrick Dempsey. He's McDreamy, right.
Speaker 4: He's McDreamy.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Okay now and forever? Can you get a super McDreamy with fries? Can you supersize your McDreamy? Is that something that's possible?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Because then I don't want it? Okay, It's the week of the Winter Festival. So let's get into it. This everybody is wish upon a star. I always feel like when I hear that, it should be the the more you know, the the stargo across thing, but it's not. We open on a large suburban home and the sound of an alarm clock. We are in the main character's bedroom. Hey never seen this before? Once again learning things we know it so well at seven am, and we see a frame photo of a cute boy and then a CD place in a home stereo. We hear some upbeat rock and get a montage of the beautiful Alexa Wheaton getting ready for the day. And she's stunning. She's you know, it's creepy to talk about younger girls. I don't know how old she is, but she's a stunning looking girl.
Speaker 4: She really is so beautiful.
Speaker 3: She is like the epitome of like when you're a teenager, what you hope you look like your senior year.
Speaker 4: That's just like everything.
Speaker 3: Her car, she drives like a cool car, her outfits her just everything, perfect casting, perfect skin, perfect hair, I mean everything.
Speaker 4: She's the perfection.
Speaker 1: Downstairs, her family's eating breakfast. Her little sister Haley, who to me is as I always so. I've known Danielle for years. I was dating her best friends, so we would double date all the time. I always thought she was just she was so cute. So Haley is reading Scientific American, so we immediately know she's a dork compared to her popular, cool sister. Their parents are both reading the same issue of Psychology today, so now in DCM speak, we know they're both therapists. They are shorthanding what everybody does. Haley has already jumped in her sister's jeep. She's nervously waiting, knowing they're about to be late for school. She impatiently hanks the horn, and a boy with long hair or I like to call will friedelhair from back of the nineties who moved just across the street, notices the hubbub. Eventually, Alex does make it downstairs, wearing very little clothing of even getting cat culled by the grown adult construction workers on the block, which is super creepy. But my super.
Speaker 4: Conservative Disney interview old was having a very big issue with this.
Speaker 3: On me too, is standards and practice, guys.
Speaker 4: Come on, I had to wear thick striped leggings if I wore anything.
Speaker 1: Well, standards and practices must field day.
Speaker 4: She did have nylons on.
Speaker 3: I don't care every time they wore dresses, they were wearing nylons.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 4: We were the little bit of being conservative.
Speaker 1: But we're going to get into many, many, many How the hell is this a Disney movie moment? And this is one of them. This is the first, this is the first. Back in the house. Their parents are correctly thank you, arguing about Alex's wardrobe. She's literally wearing almost nothing for the entire movie. Her mom wants to clean out her closet and replace everything with cardigans and monogram blouses. Her dad suggests they don't make a big deal out of things, since it seems that Alexia only does this because she gets some sick satisfaction from annoying them, so he suggests they stop interfering all together. Alexia can't rebel against rules if there aren't any. I'm not a parent, I will never be a parent. I'm happy I'm not a parent. And this is stupid parenting. And this is from the therapists. Am I wrong? This is the dumbest thing. We're gonna give our kids no rules at all, and that'll work out.
Speaker 3: Oh my yeah, god, I mean I think it's there is a part of choosing your battles that you do have to do. Sure, right, but like they straight up from the beginning are like, it's not choosing, it's just we're just gonna let them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's your children.
Speaker 3: Live live the way you live. We're just here to be here, Like, are you kidding me? No, I would like Monroe when she's a teenager to walk down looking like that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I would love it. I would welcome it on I'm ready.
Speaker 1: It's not way in your household, in the household that it did absolutely not on TV.
Speaker 3: But I do actually look back at some of my pictures going I love those platform shoes, like platforms, but like, mom, I'm like legitimately wearing like stripper hooker shoes.
Speaker 4: Why are you letting me do that? She goes, I thought they were so cute.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, there you go.
Speaker 3: Kathy, Like no, no, no, I was like fifteen wearing these, Like, first of all, I could have broke my ankle.
Speaker 1: Well, you needed the platforms, you're a tiny little woman.
Speaker 4: It's true I did need the height, but like, no one needs that.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, but if they were cute, if they were cute.
Speaker 4: If they were cute.
Speaker 1: We're now all of a sudden that hunter high. The sister's speeding to the parking lot and are met by Alexia's star football player boyfriend Kyle, who immediately starts sucking face with her. Haley ends up late to her science class or third day row, and just each while she's running in it got a genuine laugh for me. It was a great pratfall. She just goes by the door and falls backwards. It was great.
Speaker 4: I love that kind of stuff. She did a great job and her.
Speaker 1: Reaction, all of it all, it was good. Yeah, definitely good beat. The teacher says, next time she's tardy, he's going to deduct it from her grade. Meanwhile, Alexia makes it to pe and hands the teacher heard fake doctor's note and pretends she's sick, and it all appears to work. At lunch, Haley and her friend Caitlyn wonder what Alexia and her cool friends even talk about, which we learn is pretty surface level, focusing on stubble on your legs and some upcoming winter festival. Later in class, Alexia gets a deep plus on a test that's not bad while Haley, that's an a. Alexia makes her way to the rest It's not bad. I was like, wait, I got a D plus awesome. I must have studied for this one. Alexia makes her way to the restroom and changes into a real ninety skirt suit to meet with the minder Monster, the school's hard nosed principle. And I thought one of the funniest running gags was every time they pass her office, the janitors trying to scrub a new new MIDR boster off her door. Alexia quickly turns into a real suck up, complimenting the administrator and trying to get a letter of recommendation for college. But after the principal realizes Alexia has a two point zero GPA, again not bad, there's not much she can offer. College does not appear in the cards for Alexia. I always said it was my half of the class that made the top half possible. Back at home, Haley and Caitlin are in Alexia's room secretly reading her big sister's journal. That's a big no no. Also, Alexia clearly has feelings for the older Kyle. She's crushing on her sister's boyfriend, and I was like, Oh wow, this is gonna be crazy. When Alexa finally gets home Alexia, it's such a strange name, let's just call her Alex. When Alex finally gets home, she stays in the driveway to make out with Kyle, of course, and we get another real non Disney moment when the two girls sit there contemplating if the couple has had sex.
Speaker 4: Sex.
Speaker 3: They're talking about sex, but I was I wrote, this is the most like, without being mean, the makeout scene was the most intense.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: I found the word that I'm gonna use, the most intense makeout scene since we've seen since Christy Girls. I love you, babe, but like, wow, and now this actually top because he went into the next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're kissing neck, they're doing everything, but they're also they're talking about so do you think they've done it? I don't know. I mean, is this the first full, full sex conversation we've had except maybe prom packed? What's the one we saw?
Speaker 4: Ooh, I don't Did they yeah? Prom packed?
Speaker 1: But did they prompt act? I think they did, and that's why we were like, whoa, that's that's amazing. But this is ninety six, so at the time this would have been decades before. Yeah, yeah, there was Lisa. Lisa is telling us that they had a sex joke in prompact, So yeah, this.
Speaker 4: Had a sex joke. But this was like two girls fantasizing. Yes, sorry, is this too much?
Speaker 3: But to the girls fantasizing about their older sister and the idea that she's having sex like this is a that's a big.
Speaker 1: Topic for it is might be the riskiest thing we've seen in a film so far. Yes, that night, Kyle has joined the family for dinner, as has Haley's new science experiment and her friend. This is also the second time Haley has disregarded her gum by bending it on a water glass, which is gross and a weird decision and just ruins the drink.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm not even to asking you've seen that before, because if you have, I don't want to meet whoever you saw who was doing it. Alexia is acting like a real pick me girl. Somebody wrote that for me, and I have no idea what it means. Announcing she found the perfect dress for the Winter Festival, she uses a tone usually reserved for revealing what college you're going to. The dress is over three hundred dollars with tax, but her limit was two hundred dollars. Her dad isn't thrilled, but her mom kays and gives her the credit card as long as she also takes her sister and picks out a dress too. This is again the parents just keeping their hands off and not actually raising their children. Alexia says their sisters not shopping pals, and Haley says she's not going to the dance anyway, and the parents have now entered this new phase of parenting where they don't let anything bother them. It's also weird. I don't know, so what if she wanted a car, what if she wanted the boyfriends.
Speaker 4: They're correcting each other at the dinner table.
Speaker 1: It's I get what they were trying to go for, but.
Speaker 3: So different than what we've seen before. I don't know if it was an actual different, like like dining room versus.
Speaker 4: But the girls are drinking.
Speaker 3: This isn't Sabrina Seas, but they're drinking out of They're drinking water out.
Speaker 4: Of wineglasses, which I didn't understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's odd.
Speaker 4: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: It is. The whole thing is. It's also when we first see them in that the opening scene where they come down to everyone's in magazines, that's obviously what they would have done nowadays, as everyone was on their phone. That's the point they were trying to make without without that being a thing. Yet, yeah, they exchange dirty looks the parents and hand gestures to make sure they stay chilled out. This is absolutely terrible parenting, but hey, the kids are loving it. Meanwhile, as if that wasn't uncomfortable enough, Haley and Kyle and Mayor remind you he's her sister's boyfriend. They share a piece of bread and touch fingers during the handoff, and she is mesmerized. Later that night, Haley is looking at constellations in her telescope because she's a nerd, while Alexia and Kyle sit in the hatta because they're horny. But as a shooting star travels through the sky, Haley makes a wish, She wishes she was her sister. And even though she closes her eyes and we hear some dramatic music and we see Alexi and Kyle chilling and the jacuzzie, nothing happens. There's no magical sound or a light shimmer. Literally, nothing happens. The next morning, Alexia's alarm clock rings again.
Speaker 4: Nothing happens the shooting star.
Speaker 1: No but the shooting star. But there's after the wishes made, there's nothing to indicate there's any form of magic anything, or a moment or anything. She sees a shooting.
Speaker 4: Star, she makes a way, sure fireworks.
Speaker 1: How about at the end where they do exactly the same thing and everything spins and there's a big thing, they do something.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you.
Speaker 1: See what I'm saying. There's nothing. They did nothing. They did nothing.
Speaker 3: But I think it didn't Like for me, it kind of like leaned into the fact that it's like they just both like, I mean, she Alexia didn't even say that she wanted to be anyone I know.
Speaker 1: First of all, though I knew that instantly that was that was not something that anybody didn't know. Secondly, the movie's called Wish upon a Star, so people know what's going on. They know there's some magic body switching happening. Indicate it somehow, some kind of a wind gustu, you know, some her hair blows in the breeze, something happens, something magical, something, The stars get very bright for a second and they go away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need because you're just like, know what's happening, like I.
Speaker 1: Know, but then then don't do it at the end, either pick one or the other. Pick a lane. Okay, because you did, you did something. At the end, either do something or don't do something. Don't don't happening all right? Okay. The next morning, Alexei's alarm clock rings again, but this time so does Hanley's. She's not downstairs reading nerd books. She's apparently slept in. Both the sisters are stumbling through their rooms almost like they've never slept in their beds before, kind of like.
Speaker 3: They were like drunk getting up from like a really crazy night. Exactly why don't you know where?
Speaker 1: I think it's supposed to indicate like they're trying to understand their new bodies, their new surroundings. Their eyes aren't open yet.
Speaker 3: But it was a little like, I mean, it was a little long. That beat was a little long for me.
Speaker 1: This movie had a lot of little long beats, and we'll get into that as well. There are somewhere it's like, what what are you doing? What's happening? Why are we not cutting away?
Speaker 3: The first moment of running into a dresser when you're trying to go to your bathroom would have been like you waking up, and then it's like, then run to the bathroom, you know what I mean, Like go to look, go find a mirror.
Speaker 1: The little thing of the gum being in one thing and her reaching for the gum, all those little moments were nice, but you're right, it went on too long.
Speaker 4: It went on and on and on and on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Haley can't find her glasses and is tracking chewing gum throughout the room, and then in the bathroom she figures it out. Haley looks in the mirror and is shocked at what she sees as she hyperventilates. Alexia stumbles in the room too, seeing her little sister and immediately screaming. They yell back and forth at the top of their lungs. They can't believe what they're saying. They've switched bodies. And that's our film. Thank you for watching Magical Ring.
Speaker 4: Okay, and guys, have a great day.
Speaker 1: We love a great day. Let's Haley's wish came true and she explains what happened to her sister. She didn't think it would work and is impressed by her breasts. Alexia is already freaking out. She wants back in her body and pushes her sister to the door, and this, by the way you can see. I thought, I usually don't call out performances, but I thought that Danielle's performance in the scene was particularly good, and Catherine Heigels wasn't. If you go back and watch, she's breaking a couple of times, she looks like she's starting to laugh, and so it's it took me out of the scene a little bit, especially because Danielle was so good in the scene, so.
Speaker 3: Good she instantly went from this young minded little teenager to more of a grown mature. It was like the tone of her voice, like she made so many good choices agree as an actor in this like she blew me away.
Speaker 1: I texted with me too. I texted producer Jensen halfway through the movie and I'm like, she's killing it in this movie, killing it. I mean, I always knew Danielle was good, but she was hitting levels in this movie where I was like, man, she's good in this role, and she was.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to get to the sex spot sequence.
Speaker 1: Well, well it's not. Oh, don't don't blow it, don't blow it.
Speaker 3: I know, but I was like, I know, slow, just the way I would have loved to do it, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's true. Alex, who's freaking out, wants back in her body, pushed her sister to the door. They wrestle back and forth, and Haley explains that she can't fix it now because it's daytime. Alexia says they aren't leaving the house till they figured this out, but Haley seems very excited at her new appearance. Okay, people, now I'm gonna try. My heart is here, but this is going to be difficult moving forward, trying to explain who's who. So here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna use the name of the person whose spirit is in the body, not just who we see unless we talk about something difference. Does that make sense? Okay, we're gonna lose everyone.
Speaker 3: Here because we're talking with about two females versus writing about a guy in girls situation that we can.
Speaker 1: So if I say Alexia, that means it's Haley's body, but it's Alexia in Haley's body. So whatever name I use, that's the spirit of the character in the other body. Bear with us. We're going to get through it together.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, will You're doing a great job.
Speaker 1: This is we're gonna get rid of Yeah. If you or or yeah. If this doesn't work for you, then check out get your head in the game. New on the Magical rewind Feed starting August twenty seven, and you can learn everything about high school musical And when you say zac Efron, you mean zach Efron. So uh yes, so again whatever I say. It's the spirit that's in the body, okay. Alexia, who wants to get out of the body as fast as possible, rushes up a birthday cake with candles and hopes blowing them out will work. It does not. Then she pulls out a wishbone, no dice. She quickly throws some pennies in the toilet, pretending it's a wishing well. That's not how the magic of wishing wells work, oh.
Speaker 4: V And as we know, try that at home.
Speaker 1: No, it's a bad idea and it's gonna clog with toilet or you, if.
Speaker 3: You're the adult at home, are going to really regret that that totally would ruin your toilet.
Speaker 1: That is a waste of pennies and a waste of toilets. Alexia is terrified, she helps her sister put on makeup and knows this is going to be a disaster, especially because Haley has an astronomy test today and it's the week of the Winter Festival and she hopes to be Queen of the Dance. Haley suggests Alexia pretends she's stick, pretends she's sick and stays at home, and emphasizes that no one can find out, especially her friend Caitlin and their parents. Haley is just happy she has a secret to share with her sister and that Kyle is her boyfriend. Today she got to get some strange but Alexia is disgusted at her sister's grunge style downstairs. Their parents are surprised that the downstairs. Their parents are surprised that who they think Alexia is is clearly being nicer to them. But we've got some good old fashioned nineties weight issues here. As Alexia forces Haley to not eat pancakes, she suggests an apple to watch her weight. And this is just incredibly stupid because Catherine Heigel is a twig in this movie and is for her entire life. But this was a very common trope in these movies up until a few years ago, where it's just had to all be about thin girls and very not healthy to show a whole generation him children. Also Haley's outfit in these scenes very skater girl nineties and very on trend now in twenty twenty five. She could walk the streets now and everyone would dig it. As said this before, nineties are the best. So on her way out of the house, Alexia gets cat called again, but since this is new attention for Haley, she waves back, Okay. See this is where I get confused because I'm saying Alexi and how okay? So on her way out of the house, Alexia the body gets cat called, but Haley has never experienced this before, so she waves back, happy to have her very first hornballs yelling at her and the neighbor boy hair guy curtain Hair notices them again as Haley insists on driving, considering she's the only one at least spiritually of age. Everybody confused yet because I am and Principal Mirr Monster is disturbed once they get to school. Why was this little girl driving a car? Why is Alexa having trouble walking in her new shoes? Is she drunk? Why are these bodies switching movies? So difficult to RecA.
Speaker 3: The first I mean, I think again talked about drinking, but like, yeah, this is another for like, very very seldom do we get that and for like an adult to call and honestly, when she was stumbling she shares and stuff.
Speaker 4: I was like, how are the parents not going.
Speaker 1: Because they're not parenting?
Speaker 4: What were you doing upstairs?
Speaker 3: Like no parenting these parents, they're going to get in our Hall of fame.
Speaker 1: Hate these parents, Hate these parents, Hate these parents. Anyway, we are now in science class, paperwork is being hand out, so Haley faints just like her sister suggested, and the plan worked. Her parents rushed to school to pick her up, completely avoiding the quiz. Still at school, however, Alexi decides to sit with and startle Haley's friend Caitlin at lunch. Alexi even tells her to come and sit with quote unquote her gang, and yes, she really calls him that, like she's running a turf for at lunch. Very strange. Meanwhile, Alexia's popular friends want to know how dumping Kyle went, but Alexi doesn't get it. Why would she dump Kyle? Her friends explain the three month rule, which is a cell imposed provision that can that you can only be with the same guy for three months, then you're forced to move on. Alexia, who's actually the Kyle loving Haley, is disturbed. In response, she rushes off to find him, and he's obviously still very hurt, still in the dark. She swears whatever she said last night, she didn't mean. She can't believe she called him a sick puppy, which is really confusing. What would he have to do to be a sick puppy? You don't just call people that. Have you ever called someone a sick puppy?
Speaker 4: No, But it's like, you know, it's it's the person of a relationship that's like anything you need, I'm right here. Like it's like this, like you're a puppy over them, Like.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I don't think that's what it means at all. I thought it meant like you tried to touch me or do something creepy. You are just a sip a sick puppy. Oh today from producer Lisa.
Speaker 4: What kind of what puppy has touched?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought that's like, oh man, you're a sick puppy.
Speaker 3: I thought that's what that No, it's like they're like the like with the like like a little puppy, like oh like just like elivating over you.
Speaker 1: I'm learning from producer Lisa, who's far hipper than me, that today it's it's like being called a simp. So it's like he's all in on her. He's obsessed.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, Okay, I don't know what a simp is, though she knows.
Speaker 1: The new stuff. I don't know any of this. I think a simp is like a beta, which again I don't think all these things are ridiculous. Everybody's different.
Speaker 3: But anyway, anyway, puppies like think of like the big dough I puppy, like, oh, whatever you want like that, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: But it's a sick puppy.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it's sick, but.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves puppies. Puppies are anyway. Kyli isn't sure he ever wants to talk to her again, which is also the reaction I give someone after being called a sick puppy, but Alexia talks him into giving her a ride home from school. After that, Alexia goes to see, wait, are we saying, Alexia, are we saying the person in the body so it's supposed to be Haley. See, I've confused myself because Alexi is the body, but it's Haley in the body. And we said we're gonna be saying who's in the body? Wait, so confusing recapping one of these things. The body Alexia, who's Haley, goes to see Haley's science teacher, which is technically her science teacher. Oh my god, again, I'm sorry, I'm just imagining listening to Bart show with the successful fainting spell. She wants to schedule the makeup test and also slyly ask if Haley is his favorite student. She is, and he even thinks she'll even make it to the Nationals with the science fair. And she's very happy to hear this. This sisterly behavior should all be very disturbing to the teacher. It's all very disturbing to me. We're now back at the house. Haley is pigging out on ice cream. It's Haley, but it's Alexia. So Alexia is in the bodies. That's the spirit in the body. So Alexia is pigging out on ice cream and candy, watching music videos and wearing face masks during her big day off with school, just getting out the long haired boy from across the street, Simon stops by to introduced himself with some cookies. He wishes her a speedy recovery, and boy knews certainly travels fast at that school. Caitlin also visits Haley and suggests reading some more of Alexia's diary, which now means Alexia knows that they read her diary for fun and trying her clothes.
Speaker 3: Remember when we were doing our interview and I said, that's that is right there, The reason why I never kept a diary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just peep in in case you switch bodies with somebody.
Speaker 4: No, I knew.
Speaker 3: My mom was, like I told you, she was a ninja and she would find anything in my room.
Speaker 4: She would go and just make sure all was good. Right, No, not going to have a diary so I can tell her all my things.
Speaker 1: See does it need to know? If I knew and see this is for me. The joke would be if I know someone who's reading it, Oh my god, this stuff I'm gonna write, because I would go off with just these crazy, fanciful things that happened during the day, knowing full well somebody else is reading it. That's how And then I would end with like put it down, mom, Yeah, yeah, because that would have been Funneeah, nice try mom. Leaving school, Alexia Haley is clearly nervous to get behind the wheel to drive home. She's driving Kyle, but she does it anyway, and of course is a total mess. She has no idea how to drive stick shift or really drive it all since steep down. She's not even sixteen. Can you drive stick No, you can't drive stick No.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, and I got it always. I know I do.
Speaker 3: But like, I'm gonna have to rent a car, like like you have to rent a car to do that.
Speaker 1: Now, we were not allowed to have an automatic car for a first car. We had to learn how to drive stick and then my dad brought us to the center of New York City in a stick shift, got out of the car, put us in the driver's seat and said go.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't, he did mess.
Speaker 1: He said, if you can drive, yes, he said if you can drive in this city, you can drive anywhere in the world. And he was one hundred percent right. I can drive anywhere in the world because he taught us how to drive stick shift in Manhattan. YEP.
Speaker 4: That is incredibly dangerous.
Speaker 1: No, it's incredibly the way you're supposed to learn. It worked like a charm. I mean again, this was already where we knew how to drive stick a little bit. We had to learn a little bit, and then you get into the city and you had to learn how to drive. That's that's we knew how to drive. We drove in our family. We didn't just steer. That's what it was. If you can't drive stick, you're just steering.
Speaker 3: Like Jordan knows how to drive a stick and he can't even like like I watch him like if like when he has like a sports thing he can do like even those weird things like on the side, so the paddle shift, yeah, which I think is really crazy. He's driven like sport like like race cars and stuff. I would love to I just I'm really scared. I don't want to ruin a car.
Speaker 1: That's you're not going to ruin. You'll learn learn it. You know. One reason why you'll be good it is because your musical and and uh stuff like shifting and doing things like that. There's a rhythm to it, and once you pick up the rhythm, once you pick up the rhythm, then you'll have it it's not that difficult.
Speaker 4: Right, just didn't have to like put on.
Speaker 1: Well, I would argue that you don't listen to music as you're learning to drive stick shift. That would probably be my work.
Speaker 4: A rhythm, Well, there is a.
Speaker 1: Rhythm, but unlike Gloria Estefan, the rhythm is going to get you. If you're listening to music and trying to drive.
Speaker 3: At the same thing, it's gonna get anyways.
Speaker 1: Eventually, eventually, back to the movie. Eventually, Kyle decides to drive and notes that Alexia looks beautiful with less makeup on, which is always a crappy compliment to give a woman. They do kiss, however, making Haley's dream come true, but he stops just short of saying he loves her. But it's certainly obvious already that he wants to and he seems like a really nice guy and a good boy. Yes, they made a good boyfriend. At dinner that night, Haley is still picking out on food now, which is Alexia now slurping her spaghetti. When Alexia, who's really Haley, returns home, Haley welcomes her with a salad, but quickly notices that Alexia has a hickey. She pushes her sister into the kitchen and wants to know who did this to her, and when she admits it was Kyle, she gets even madder because they broke up last night. But Alexia, now with Haley's feelings for Kyle, reveals they got back together this afternoon, and Haley can't handle this any longer. Haleia, who's Alexia? I apologize again? People, this is We're getting through it. They rush outside to make a wish on another star, but it's overcast. Haley realizes they are stuck in these bodies for at least another day and swears this is war, but Alexia can't hide that she likes what's happening. The next morning, we get the alarm clocks again and Alexia is welcome by a sign that says, get ready for day two. You're going town. And this is where this movie goes off. The rails, people, the rails are all the way over there, and the movie's all the way over here. Alexia rushes downstairs and Haley is dressed like a sexy s and M dominatrix with a flogger and covered in dark makeup. How was this on Disney Channel?
Speaker 4: The whip?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that what that's called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, don't act like you don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know that. I don't know what the whip. I called it a whip in my notes. Do you want to see it? I have it in my note. It's not a flogger.
Speaker 1: What is it called?
Speaker 4: A flogger? Not a bit?
Speaker 1: I don't know why do they call anything anymore? But holy Sabrina, what were you thinking when you came downstairs and you saw her dress like a dominatrix with a ton of makeup on on a Disney Channel movie.
Speaker 3: But you know, I am my brain exploded because it's not even just it's head to toe. Yeah, I mean it's everything. Yeah, her hair, her makeup, everything this.
Speaker 1: And she's dressed like a hooker, yes, like literally, yes, Like, let's put it this way. See, she's dressed like a nineteen eighties stereotypical hooker movie kind of hooker.
Speaker 4: She looks crazier than pretty Woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh god, yes, oh she looks crazier.
Speaker 4: Than pretty Woman Julia robertson. Pretty Woman looks like a Disney princess compared to our friend and y'alls.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, it was. It was crazy, but that.
Speaker 3: Was the most shocking thing because but honestly, as it went on.
Speaker 4: I started to love it. We are not at the scene where I hands down want to give an award to Danielle.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we will.
Speaker 4: We'll have to interview her.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to check it out because it is.
Speaker 4: It's coming up, and I was like, yeah, I would have loved to be able to do something like that on the channel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well we'll get there. While their parents continue their we don't care strategy, Alexis scarves down bread and chugs juice to gain weight, then runs upstairs and changes in the same outfit she wore yesterday, which is obviously a fox pas that's a faux pop people. It is now smelly and very wrinkled and on picture day nonetheless, And when Alexis gets to her car, Simon is waiting nearby. He wants to ride to school, so she decides to let him drive, though he's also probably too young. Isn't he supposed to be closer to Haley's age anyway? Wait? Did he drive?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, she drove drove, Yeah, no, the neighbor never drove.
Speaker 3: No, he's Haley's age, right, and he didn't drive. She drove like freshman sophomore. She drove, and it was scary. I can't believe. I would never have had the ball. And I had friends that would drive their parents car, like in high school.
Speaker 4: They got there.
Speaker 1: Not my parents' car, but my friend's cars. I would drive it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I have. I would never have the balls to do that, let alone a stick shift.
Speaker 1: No, that's you're also out in a different place. We're in like a small town in Connecticut. It's like the roads are different. I mean it's different, but anyway.
Speaker 4: By the way, regular suburb.
Speaker 1: No, it's true. But producer Lisa says, that's what you get for airing on ABC. She says she thinks some of the stuff was censored when it aired on the Disney Channel, but she still remembers her in this outfit. So this was not censored on the they'd have to cut full blown sea. Yeah, like twenty minutes from the movie so crazy. Yeah. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Lisa actually watched this, like of course she did. Of course she did.
Speaker 1: And we're now at the house alone. Haley is still dressed as a goth sex kitten, grabs a marker and rushes to school. To write Haley Wheaton is a wench in the girl's bathroom. This is obviously to hurt her sister, the original owner of this body, and for the school's festival queen group shot. Alexia looks terrible, making funny faces and blowing bubbles, and when she sees what's written in the bathroom, she changes it to Alexia Wheaton is a wench, so she changes the names. These two are really trying to out sabotage each other, with Haley even insulting the science teacher instead of taking the exam. At lunch, Kyle finds Alexia, and even though she's purposely a mess, he thinks she looks great. He bought her a gift, a stuffed bear, and gives her a passionate kiss. Alexia's friends are disgusted by her repeated outfit and still seeing Kyle breaking all these rules, Alexia suggests abolishing all of the gang's rules and goes to hang out with Caitlin instead, and that's when Haley arrives in the lunch room with the boombox. She's still dressed like she's in a porn parody of the Matrix. When she presses play and performs a strip keys like dance on the table, the guys go nuts. I still can't believe this is connected to Disney? What the hell? How far over the line was this? Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Oh, I first of all was envious of this because we've got to talk about her performance before we could bash anything of the Disney Channel.
Speaker 4: Danielle freaking nailed this it.
Speaker 3: This gret was so good, so good the extras like meaning the background killed.
Speaker 6: This scene in a strip club and or a bar of some sort like coyote ugly style, like I mean, they were so committed.
Speaker 4: It was so good. The scene was so good. But what the hell is going on on the Disney? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where do you see? Where do we not get? Where is this Disney channel? All my life?
Speaker 4: We takes a.
Speaker 3: Left turn to like like, oh my gosh, it shocked the rails, sed, I.
Speaker 4: Can't believe it.
Speaker 1: The rails. I'm telling you me too.
Speaker 3: So good but great, so I felt so dirty and not from watches that supposed to be.
Speaker 4: On, horribly inappropriate, but it was great and uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: That's how it should be.
Speaker 4: What a strict lass would it is it's and uncomfortable to me.
Speaker 1: It's just uncomfortable and uncomfortable, but to some people it's great and uncomfortable. Alexia fights back by grabbing Kyle and publicly making out with him, just madly, passionately kissing him. This is all just nuts. Eventually, Principal Minner Monster comes back. She takes them both through her office. She plans on kicking Haley out of the science competition and suspending Alexia, which will hurt her chances of becoming the festival Queen. Both girls beg to spare the other, and they're sent to the bathroom to clean what's been written on the mirror. Now alone, they argue about how bad they've been treating each other, and real life Alexia reveals she's a virgin, which shocks real life Haley. Her and Caitlin assumed that she'd had sex with Kyle multiple times, and real life Alexia assumed that real life Haley bonded, and real life Alexia assumes that real life Haley boned Kyle the first chance she got during the body switch, which would most likely have been sexual assault. This is the craziest scene. Again, this was not a bad scene, but just not a Disney scene in any way, shape or form, even though she's talking about of course I didn't sleep on them, Haley, I have morals all that stuff. It still just it so hits the ear weird when it's a Disney Channel or ABC thing. It really was risky.
Speaker 3: I don't think you ever think of going on ABC or Disney Channel. I'm thinking like PG thirteen, which I think is what this would be a rating if it was like AA and you would never think that would be on the channel. It is nice to get a little bit of of course, I'm not like, of course, we haven't lost my virginity like you know that, as as she was being as like assumed by her younger sister who's fantasizing about it, which I think is a nice little deepitty lesson.
Speaker 4: For her little sister. But still the fact that this is a topic of conversation.
Speaker 3: Is just it's amazing, amazing, And we've not ever prong packed, did it?
Speaker 1: I guess?
Speaker 3: So it didn't hit as like kind of cringey for me a little bit just because of thinking our sweet little baby Lisa who was like eight or nine watching this movie and it still has the DVD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly to have like ear muffs. Yeah, we need to have it. We'll have a talk with Lisa.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Lisa says, she's your age?
Speaker 4: Oh how old are then?
Speaker 1: Old enough to know you shouldn't be dressing like a prostitute? Is what I would like to say? Uh oh. The girls decide to stop their war and find a common ground to save their chances at Festival Queen and the Science Fair. Haley's first matter of business is trying to get another makeup test opportunity from the science teacher. She tries to be flirty, which again is an insane edition to this movie, but eventually just explains how hard she's worked and he gives in. That night, the girls talk about their experiences while trading places and wait for that shooting star to once again appear. Real life Alexis swears that real life Haley can get a boyfriend if she just builds up her confidence and suggests she start with her new neighbor, Simon, who is curtain hair guy. And then real life Alexia has an idea. What if they spend one more day as each other. Real life Alexia can get the guys to line up for Haley, and real life Haley can fix the science class fiasco, which by the way, is the plot to like ten different dcoms, trading smarts for looks. While they work out the deal. The parents see that their daughters are bonding, and they think they are They think that they're lazy. Fair strategy has worked, that is, until they're called in the principal's office to talk about their daughter's bad behavior. They tell Miss Minter Monster they believe their hands off parenting will work out. They're actually gonna write a book about it. In turn, the principle feels bad for the girls because they have such terrible parents. Now she gets why they're acting out, and simultaneously, Alexia is answering all the questions in her classes and impressing the teachers while Haley is flirting with all the boys over at basketball practice, Alexi meets up with Kyle, who is so excited because he's starting in tomorrow night's game and if she wins Festival Queen, this could be their best day ever. But Alexia doesn't seem into it. She's focused on her tests, but Kyle wants her to know. But Kyle wants her to know something. He loves her. He fell in love with her this week. Instead of celebrating Alexia leaves, telling him, next time you say I love you, pretend it's the first time you've ever said it, but he feels clearly defeated and is now very confused. Alexia runs to her car, only to be greeted by curtain haired Simon and a box of chocolates. She's happy to see him, but we notice that Kyle is watching from afar, and that's when Simon kisses her. What didn't he just meet her? I mean like she's also a senior way too fast? What the hell? Simon? Get a haircut and learn what's going on in the world. While driving him home, Simon apologizes, okay, which makes sense. He says he couldn't control himself, which again seems like a lot for a d coom. Anyway, Simon says, oh, I just got to say, Simon says. Simon says, uh. He thought maybe he liked Haley because she's more his type physically, but it's what's inside that really matters, and he likes what's inside Alexia, which of course we know is Haley. This movie is truly insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, poor Haley. I mean really, everything that kind of like is harsh happens to Haley this movie, like at the.
Speaker 1: End of the day. Yeah, but I mean Alexia has some harshness too.
Speaker 3: Not like Haley's having to like for me, it's like superficial stuff for Alexi. At this point, Haley is like the internal what do you do with like people's emotions, Like she's protecting like with Kyle, She's protecting her sister and Kyle like this was fun. I obviously got to like kiss him or whatever, but like the fact that there's like these many like feelings with both you and my sister, Like she's having to do a lot more mature adult kind of stuff than Haley. Hailey's just trying to be smart and care about school, which she should have done from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's true. No, you're right, she doesn't get.
Speaker 3: This is internal stuff. This is like, you know, being like a good person stuff more so than like just wanting to do well on like a you know, a presentation for your little right right now that makes sense, like Hailey's I mean, Danielle's going through it.
Speaker 1: Okay, she is well now home he is going Yeah that's true too. Yeah, oh god, it's so confusing. Now at home, Haley informs Alexia that tonight the stars will be perfectly visible to reverse the wish. But that night, while studying, the girls fall asleep early, possibly ruining their chance to fix it, but just in time, Alexi wakes up and catches the shooting star. She again wishes she was Haley, and now we just have to wait until morning. But when they wake up, nothing has changed. Haley thinks this is because they both slept through it, but we know the problem is way bigger than that. But still, it's time for school, and it's the big day of the Winter Festival and the Science Fair. When they get to campus, queen voting has already begun, and they continue to study together. The good news is real Alexia is actually starting to understand the class, but real life Haley is sad. She wanted to present her project in person, but deep down she knows they might be stuck like this forever. And then they're handed a flyer for a pre dance keger a keger in a Disney movie, a keg party. It just keeps escalating, and the party is that it's at Caitlin's house, who apparently has become very popular in the span of just a few days, it's it's a keg party. After hooker dancing, We've now got a keg party.
Speaker 3: Hooker dancing, Hickey's Yeah, talks about sex and you've.
Speaker 1: Just got to commercial with Mickey going Hi everybody, and today we're gonna be studying the letter. See like, what the hell is happening on Disney Channel people, But realize Haley.
Speaker 4: To day may day, Hey, I'm gonna need you. I'm gonna need you to come in here. We've got a serious exactly.
Speaker 1: We're gonna need to unfreeze your head because you need to talk to somebody. But real life Haley knows that Caitlyn's parents would never have let her have an open party, so they rush over to Warner and when they get there, poor Caitlyn is crying with the cool girl. She never agreed to an open party. It was just supposed to be girl's dinner, but the mean girls tell her that's what happens when she's popular. Real life Haley, who the mean girl sees as just their pal Alexia, is furious. She can't believe they do this to Caitlin, but they reveal that Alexia taught them how to be this way. The girls cancel the party, but won't apologize to Kaitlin. Meanwhile, Kyle finds Alexia and reveals that he saw her kiss Simon. He just wants to end their relationship once and for all, and says he didn't mean it when he said he loved her pouch. And next thing you know, it's a big basketball game and the science fair same night. We've got one of these kind of two things at the same time, batter up kind of situations, which, by the way, is the only thing I'm ever gonna call Eddie's million dollars cookoff again. And wow, what a busy day it is at school. God forbid, your jocks are good at science. One science fair participant has a very cool volcano that shoots out Cheetos. Nearby, Alexia is meeting with the school board about being festival queen, and when asked who her role model is, Alexia says Haley, which is very confusing. And this Haley is saying Haley is her role model, and if so, it's very egotistical to say that she's her own. But we know what she meant. Her sister is now her fav And it was a sweet moment that was confusing Haley ends up nailing her science presentation in the festival. Queen nominees are announced at halftime, but Alexia is so sad she just decides to stare into the school swimming pool, you know, like sad people do. Eventually, she's joined by Haley, who's now in a red dress and heels. Still very off brand for this hot little brainiac, but hey, she's becoming more I don't know. Alexia has a serious question for her sister. Can she live like this forever? Alley says sure, but it doesn't matter. They're switching back, and that's when real life Haley breaks it to her they can't switch back. She did wish on a Shooting Star last night and nothing happened. Alexia starts to break down, but Haley has something to admit. When they first switched, she also saw the original Shooting Star and made a wish. Her wish was to be Haley, revealing that both sisters wished to be each other. And I was like, I knew that the whole time Alexia was born. I literally when the movie started, to watch like the first ten minutes with me, and I went, Oh, she's gonna have found We're gonna have found out that she made a wish to and she went, Okay, I'm gonna go watch my shows and left and went to the other room. That's what what did she watch?
Speaker 4: Love Island?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, she likes She likes British dramas or British crime dramas where there's a murder and some wit and chire phil and you know some strange doctor who's slightly quirky. She'll watch fifty of those in a row. Anyway, Alexia was bored with her life and her friends at new College. Wasn't in her future, and so she wanted to be her smart and unique sister. She never wanted to admit it and panicked. So now they have to simultaneously wish again for it to work. They run off the foot bleachers and see the shooting star. They make their wishes and the camera spins in a circle, which made me very, very very dizzy. But at least they did something for the wish this time, which they decided not to do it all the first time. They must have run out of money, leaving just this option for a last special effect. But again, why do any special effect you didn't do it the first time? So why do it now anyway? And when they open their eyes, they have switched back. They squeal an excitement, finally returning to their original bodies, now closer than ever. Back at the dance, the female led moon Pools and Caterpillars Whoo, I'm a cathead myself are playing the song here and everyone is partying down by the way. I don't know if they're called cath heeads. I just made that up. The sister re entered the party and Haley is immediately asked by a boy to dance, and Alexia is greeted by her cool, mean girlfriends. It appears they've changed their ways too. They want to throw out all the superficial rules, leaving just one number nine, the one that says they'll be friends forever. She's happy to see the growth, but no, she has one more thing to do. She finds Kyle and for the first time, we realize he's a lot shorter than Catherine Heigel.
Speaker 4: She begs, the first time you realized I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't even thinking about it. He was playing basketball. Makes him look bigger, just ask sachk ron.
Speaker 4: As, No, go back and watch the he's so much shorter than all.
Speaker 1: And never they're usually sitting next to each other in the in the jeep, so I didn't really know when he was.
Speaker 4: Like on the court.
Speaker 3: I went, oh, huh, oh, man, I could have cast it a little bit better.
Speaker 4: But now that way our producers that it.
Speaker 1: Was actually, yeah, the basketball team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basketball team, that's true, but he's a lot shorter than them.
Speaker 1: Well, she finds Kyle and begs him for one more chance. There's only one guy for her, and she finally says, I love you back. They embrace and kiss, and this is when I noticed that the band is still playing here, which means it has to be a six to eight minute long song, much like Indo Goda Devita. The song ends with a big clothes from the moon Pools and Caterpillars will play a b side their lead singer, and now is time to announce the festival queen. As expected, it's Alexia, who is still tongue kissing Kyle. She rushes to the stage and even principal minner Monster gives her like a cat squealing call, which I thought was like, that's odd.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As the slow song starts from the band, Haley find Simon and asks to start all over. He agrees, and maybe there's hope for them after all, despite the fact that he basically force kissed her sister in a car. What a love story. And as the ballad continues, the two couples begin to slow dance, and Alexia Hanser festival tiar to Haley, placing it on her head with a shared smile, and then the sisters return to their dancing with their respective bows and stare at each other for what is the longest stare in movie history. It's unreal. It's uninterrupted for like a minute and a half. It becomes super crazy, super creepy, only ending in dueling. Winks it might be the craziest part of the entire movie. And there's our movie. It was like, I was like, did I sit on the remote and pause?
Speaker 3: It just happened same because they really didn't move, no, Like I kept thinking it was like a freeze frame for a second, especially Catherine Heigel, it was a freeze frame. And then Danielle Harris started kind of squinting a little bit, and I went, oh, well, wait, are we gonna have like a new flip in the script, right?
Speaker 1: Nope, just gonna stare at each other. Nope. Nope, just staring at.
Speaker 4: Each other staring. It was so weird and a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Uncomfortable. Way, yeah, it's just long. It was long. But there's our film. So let's do some real reviews and Sabrina, I think this week you've got our one star take it away.
Speaker 4: I do, all right.
Speaker 3: At first I thought this might have been from Gary Marsh, because he would have not liked this movie. It would have not been okay with the fact that it was on the channel. But one star coming from Gary g Okay, so not Gary Marsh, the president of the Disney.
Speaker 4: Channel for men years.
Speaker 3: Yes, Gary g not the president of the Disney Channel, said this movie would be a big pile of if it wasn't for the two main actresses.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that is short point Gary, Gary Carrie Marsh said, how did this get on my network? One star? I've got the five star review and it comes from Utah Lover nineteen seventy six, And I assume that as somebody born the same year I was who loved the Johnny Utah character from point Break. No, this is obviously not that it said love this movie filmed in Utah. Yay, I actually do like this movie, and not just because of the Utah thing. Okay, well there's five stars, and now we're gonna come to our feature presentation. Sabrina's favorite part of our program where producer Jensen comes on and makes us look stupid. Today's feature is called You're right, No, makes me look brilliant. Today's feature is called Guess upon a Star. With this this sweeks movie having us look to the sky, it's time to see how much we know about constellations. We will get three clues, and with that knowledge, we must guess which constellation is being described from the options three out of five wins. I can't believe you even gave us options. I'm surprised, Producer Jensen, are you with us?
Speaker 4: No, he's not.
Speaker 1: No, you're stuck with me today.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I've never been.
Speaker 3: I'm sad because, like normally, I play these games with you and I always want to send you the answer.
Speaker 4: I have no idea about constellations.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go number one again. I can't believe he even gave us possible options. Number one. I'm named after a mythical hunter who is placed in the sky by Zeus. I have an accessory made of three stars in a straight line. I'm visible in the winter sky and often mentioned when talking about astronomy. This is so easy.
Speaker 4: Been kidding me?
Speaker 1: The hydra see Sissyphis or or b I'm sorry b sisiphis or c O'Ryan. Come on, go ahead, you.
Speaker 4: Just put the pressure on. This is so easy.
Speaker 1: No, it's there. You've never seen the three stars in the sky, so Orion's belt. You've never heard of Orion's belt. Okay, did you see men in black?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, well they talk about Orion's belt. Oh my god, okay, this is gonna be a oh man, that's gonna be show today. This is so that's one. One one ride for me, one wrong for you? Number two, I'm sure did.
Speaker 4: You get it? No? It is all Ryan yet? Did you get it? Did you get it right?
Speaker 1: I wasn't really paying attention, gotcha all right? Number two? I'm shaped like a Greek musical instrument. My brightest star is Vega, one of the brightest in the night sky. My name sounds like a pop singer or a fancy s u V. Is it a capricorniis b Lyra or c lynx.
Speaker 4: B.
Speaker 1: It is going to be be That is correct? Now that I hear these, though it makes sense with these, of course. Number three, I'm a scaly symbol of justice. I'm the only zodiac constellation that represents an object instead of a person or animal. I've been recognized for my agriculture significance, helping ancient civilizations determine planting and harvest times. Is it a Sagittarius B Libra or C Taurus.
Speaker 4: C Taurus?
Speaker 1: I think it's B Libra.
Speaker 4: It is B Libra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A Taurus is a bowl, so there you go. Okay. Number four, I'm a big cat. I'm a big cat, but not Leo. My name means greater dog. I contain serious the brightest star visible from earth. Am I a phoenix? B norma or C canis major? A It's gonna be C canis major.
Speaker 4: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Ce big dogs sabrina big dog. Canis like a canine. A canis a canine. Okay, uh, this is this is Oh, this is just a train wreck all the way around. Number five. My name means furnace in Latin. I'm one of the least known constellations despite being around since ancient times. I sound like a home appliance. Is it a horror Horrorlogium B four nax or C Telescopium.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Telescopium.
Speaker 1: I think it's a. It is B. I got one wrong for six years.
Speaker 4: Yay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Could we do a saba ceas which isn't about constellations?
Speaker 4: Thank god? Yes we can. All right, here we go, guys. There's quite a bit. I had a lot of seeing things nice.
Speaker 3: First, it was a shout out to yes, the mega CD unit.
Speaker 4: It was so good. I mean, will did you have one of those?
Speaker 1: Like of course, I think you came.
Speaker 4: It was like three options, like you could do three CDs at the time.
Speaker 1: And it wrote Rider had one that was a hundred CD changer. WHOA was like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: And we didn't really talk about this, but this was like another like nod to the you know, late nineties early twenties SKA music, like I did like the music throughout the whole.
Speaker 4: Movie.
Speaker 3: However, getting back to what I was saying, when she's sitting on the couch and she's like I think we said, like pigging out like on like ice cream, and she's just like having a blast being able to eat all the stuff, taking a day for herself, on the couch, her being Alexia in Haley's body.
Speaker 4: There was like a music.
Speaker 3: Video and that was what Once they came out in the finale, I realized that's what it was.
Speaker 4: But the drummer looked like a little.
Speaker 3: Kid, so there was also kids outside of like a white picket fence, and then it like hit to the drummer and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, why is this like older woman singing for this like kid band? Like I was so confused. I rewound it a few times to like like I skipped back. It was the weirdest thing.
Speaker 3: But then I felt bad when they came out in the finale to realize, like the person that I thought was a kid wasn't.
Speaker 4: He was like actually like a grown adele.
Speaker 3: But it was still weird, like why were the kids watching this SKA band? Anyway, it was on brand of that time, like when you think of she's all that uh right, can't hardly wait, Like there's like so many moments where big like SKA bands of the time were coming out and doing like a performance at the end like finale situation. So this was like, like I said, all the movies that I loved back in the day, but I felt bad that I did think that the drummer was a child and he wasn't.
Speaker 4: Uh, like I said, juicier kiss than Christie.
Speaker 1: Oh my, I'll say, I'll say matter.
Speaker 3: I could get over because it was like it wasn't just on the table, it was used as a prop like they both were drinking. She put the gum on the wine glass. To me, that didn't make sense, like I just wouldn't have done that. The hickey threw me off. I really had a hard.
Speaker 1: Time because it was so big.
Speaker 4: That it was happening that, Yeah, I got a hickey. Did you notice this because you're really keen to this, but you didn't mention it While we were going through the movie. The VEO in the gym sequence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, some of them were great. There's been a bunch of them, like we're canceling the Chess Club for lack of interest.
Speaker 3: Yes, that whole scene was a big giant VEO and like the wording wasn't matching up to like the lipsle in some of the moments. And then my last one, I guess is what will Oh there's two for Kyle. Did you believe that a kid in high school, especially since they're seniors a senior in high school was going to see an underclassman not just give his girlfriend a box of chocolates, but kiss her, would actually turn around pissed off and walk away, or would like storm out there and like we're talking brawl.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But that's the thing is they made him so nice that he's like, I'm not going to go beat up a little kid. I'm just going to break up with her. Like he's such a nice guy. That was why she loves him and didn't want to break up with them, because like he wouldn't go out Like if it was the stereotypical captain, the football team captainage, then they would have had him go I'm gonna go beat the but this key's not. They made Kyle super nice.
Speaker 3: I didn't again Kyle's ladies with children. Don't let yourself think that those Kyle's actually exists.
Speaker 4: In the world in high school, because they don't.
Speaker 1: I did. I just nobody wanted to date me. There's plenty of nice guys. H The girls don't want to road with you. Again, weirls do not want nice guys in high school.
Speaker 3: They just don't mostly okay, fine, And then the last one was another one about Kit Kyle and the shirt he wears when he's like really breaking up with her is like twelve times his size.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's a giant. Yes, Nice got his shorts that are peeking out at.
Speaker 1: Their I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're jammys to. Basically, it was ridiculous. That was it.
Speaker 3: But I like all the things I was writing down were things that like, we're so what I loved about the movies when I was watching them at this point of okay, my era, this.
Speaker 1: Movie, well don't we were not rating it yet, so don't don't get away.
Speaker 3: So anyway, all the other ones were like like again, like the CD player, I.
Speaker 1: Was just like, it's cool stuff, go ahead, cool.
Speaker 4: I was so rad to have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's okay, Nice, Well thank you. Well, now it's time, of course where we rate the film, and I believe I go first this time. If memory serves I think so.
Speaker 4: I think so, I think so so.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was the mood I was in or what, but I really liked this movie good I did. I really liked this movie. I thought Danielle killed it. Oh my god, I thought. I was not expecting it to be kind of uh risque at times. So I really really liked this film. I mean again, it had serious, it had problems. They all do. It's just the way it was, but because I was not expecting it, because it took it in kind of a weird way. The strip tease, I mean, yikes, I'm gonna give this a solid Oh wait, we gotta we have figured we have about our options, yet we have so many to pick from, so I'm gonna run through them real quick. One out of ten, one worst, ten best ruined drinks with bent gum, clogged penny toilets, affeteria gangs, sick puppies, goth sex kittens, Disney Channel strip teases, what the hell Simons one out of ten, pre dance keggers, volcanoes that shoot out cheetos, one out of ten, moon pools and caterpillars, or one out of ten longest stairs in the world. I think I get to pick this week what we want, and I'm of course gonna go with Disney Channel strip teases. So I am giving this a solid eight Disney Channel strip teases. This was a fun movie. It was good. It shows you again the difference between a true dcom and what they can do when it's not a true dcom. The acting was good, interesting story. We've seen it a thousand times, but they took it a different way. They had me. I liked it.
Speaker 4: Sabrina, Wow, I'm so happy.
Speaker 3: I am just gonna bump it up a notch from yours.
Speaker 4: I this was the movies that I was obsessed with when I was little.
Speaker 3: You know when when I say little junior into high school, I wish my girlfriend said, girl, it's a Monday. No, I am just happy to be alive with my four kids trying to get them to school.
Speaker 4: I'm getting back into school. I will get that to you later.
Speaker 3: So because on the the Winter formal, but like I said, the fashion everything, I mean, her purple lipstick at the beginning was throwing me a little off.
Speaker 4: It was a little too far. But this was my realm. I enjoyed every aspect of this movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, there were some misses here and there, but I thought watching being a big fan of Catherine Heigel, watching her when you know she's little was very great. Danielle Harris knocked me off my seat, like too. That strip tease was and just the confidence and that she went into this And like I said, instantly was as an actress, took her one character, morphed into the idea of an older woman or older girl being in her body. I mean, she just nailed it. She rocked this movie. I loved it. It was nostalgic for me. It was a good watch. I recommend everyone to go out there, find it on YouTube, get into it because it was so good. I'm giving it an eight point five Disney Channel stripteases.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was good. Well, thank you, good everybody for joining us for this recap. Yeah, good movie. Go check it out. It's on Peacock, It's on the YouTube's, it's on Amazon Prime. It is a good movie. It's definitely worth watching our next movie. And I'm very excited for this one because we've only done the first one and it's one of the new tent pole franchises of the entire Disney Channel. So I'm excited. I have to go back and watch the first one against It's been a while, but we are going to be watching the Descendants to this time. It's personal. I cannot wait to see this one. It is gonna take some work to be to oust Zombies for us as our favorite franchise and.
Speaker 3: Getting a little irritated that we can't get away from our.
Speaker 4: Love of the zombies.
Speaker 1: Well we can't, but well we can't.
Speaker 3: Imagine this is going to really, this is gonna be great.
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking it's gonna be super good.
Speaker 1: So yes, the first one Descendants to go check it out is of course already on Disney. Plus you can see that and all the other Descendants movies, and if you're there, watch all the Zombies movies because they're still our favorite. See what I just did there, I brought it right back to zombies. Anyway, thank you everybody for joining us. But oh, we're gonna stick with Wish upon a Star a little bit over on our magical Rewine feed. Yes, that's right. I'm so excited to interview a good friend of mine. Danielle Harris is coming on. You know her from so many things. We're going to talk about all her scream queen stuff. Try saying that five times fast, scream Queen. I still can't say it. She's in horror movies and she's great in them. Also, we're going to talk, of course Wish upon a Star because what a performance. I can't wait to talk about what that was like, so check that out, Danielle is the best. Listen to a preview of what you're gonna hear.
Speaker 2: We didn't do any rehearsals. We didn't do any We had no conversations about what our things were that we were going to switch. I think we just became good friends really quickly and started mirroring one another, picking up little things as we were shooting and as we were going and then implementing them into the character.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Danielle, Thank you for everybody. You really don't want to miss that one. All you have to do is search your Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts, and subscribe to our dedicated feed, and don't forget on that dedicated feed. Starting August twenty seventh, get your head in the game because Bart Johnson is going to be taking us all the way through high school musical interviewing the entire cast, interviewing producers and writers and Danielle, oh I Kenny or Tega if he gets Kenny anyway, go check that out too, also on our Magical Rewind feed again. That's August twenty seventh, And for more info for us, you can follow us at Magical Rewind pod on that same Instagram machine. Apparently it's on your phone device. Check it out. Thanks everybody, Bye,