Speaker 1: Does it feel to be getting your recognition?
Speaker 2: Uh uh, what an honor. Very thankful obviously to everyone who voted and all the support across the country. It's so cool actually, and for all my teammates too, for them to be recognized. It's sweet. We got a special team, special unit of guys, and but to be listed up there with them and what an honor. So yeah, very thankful for it. Yeah, yeah, I heard about that. It's crazy, you know, I don't know really what to say of that. It's just it's cool, sort of just you know this last year, how crazy it's been, and then you know, just sort of see that and the support from everybody watching, you know, just all of it, the whole story. And in the last year, it's been a it's been a blessing.
Speaker 1: Season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just feel like you get everybody's best ball, you know, every buddies in tune to you know, what they need to do at a high level, and every drive, every play I mean really matters. Obviously that's that should be the case for the regular season, but postseason last year, I feel like I felt that, you know, I feel like, you know, even you know, our first game against the Seahawks, It's like, man, we're getting their best shot. It's a close game all the way up in the first half, and and then the Dallas games close. Every possession matters, not turning the ball over, like all the little things matter, and so I just feel like the intensity is just cranked up a little bit more. Regular season, that should be the case, but sometimes, you know, things happen and you can lose a couple of games and still make it to where you need to be. But postseason there's very little room for air. So obviously you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Do whatever whatever the coach says and go along with the program. Is there a small part of you to take it there's a football game going on this sunny and I'm not playing at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit. Just the initial conversation that we had, it was like sort of, you know, for me, I was like, man, I you know, this is all I know is to prepare for the next game and get ready. And especially when we went out to practice and I saw my teammates doing that, you know, and every everyone dressed out ready to go and and preparing for the rams. And then I'm practicing but obviously not getting to go for the game. So a little weird in that sense, but it's part of it. And obviously we're doing what's best for the for the team and the organization, so I always got to remember that and have that in mind. But yeah, just the competitor in me. Obviously I want to play and you know, compete all the time. So but that that's the case in the situation that we're in.
Speaker 3: So will you be on Sunday like what you know, you have the headphone on, you know, the game of Sam?
Speaker 2: Like what what we will be kind of your or what are you planning to do? Yeah, I mean just be in tuned with the play calls and everything. You know. This week I've still gone about my process and stuff with the install with the plays and everything, and I'm gonna do my part to help out Sam and what I'm seeing on the sideline, just like what he's done all year for me. And so yeah, I'll have the headset on and listening to all the plays and stuff and uh, still going through my process in terms of you know, I fellas out there, what would I be doing and and how I'm seeing the game and stuff and try to help out Sam as best as I can, So that's what I'll be doing.
Speaker 3: What are some of the things that he learned from Sam this year, whether it's during the game or meetings or practices and stand.
Speaker 2: Out, Yeah, I mean a lot. Obviously he's been a guy who you know, has has been here in this league for I think it's a sixth year now, and and just the process, the routine, how to study what he's seeing with concepts and how he's ran things before. He's been able to pour into me and help me out with that, and in meetings sort of just remind me of little things within the plays, and especially before we get up before the game starts the night before we go through all the plays he Brandon and I and he just does a great job with just the little things within the plays of hey, a reminder on the play, this is where we're going with this or that, and he brings up these little things that are huge for me as a quarterback and so and then obviously on the sideline and stuff, he's bringing up just good things, tendencies that he's seen on film that they could possibly do during the game and to not forget about. So he's done a tremendous job and he's a very selfless guy. He puts the team first and and he's he's for the room, you know, not just about himself or anything like that. D It is for the room and for this organization. So very thankful to have him between drives.
Speaker 1: Did you have a set routine? I see you talking sometimes of Sam sometimes the.
Speaker 3: Greasy is that kind of just something that you try to do in between each drive to check in and recalibrate.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Yeah, usually it's, you know, to start off, it's greasy with what he's seeing and what we're trying to do. And then obviously the quarterbacks were all sitting next to each other, and after grease he's sort of done talking. Sam and Brandon will chime in with what they're seeing just with everything and sort of the mindset and stuff, and and they're real about what's going on with the situation is and where I should be and they sort of just again they remind me of things with what I can do because they've played the position, they've been in those moments. So it's been sweet having them with me and continue to go with them.
Speaker 1: Sore losses.
Speaker 3: You've thrown nine picks and we talked about it before about being aggressive mindset being.
Speaker 1: Smart with the football.
Speaker 3: How do you lock yourself into that mindset of stay aggressive or take care of the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'm just doing what what I'm coached. Our system is really good, we got really good players, and so for me, I don't have to be superhero and or Superman and and go out there and say I need to get it done right here and throw in this tight window. I have to go throughout my process and what I'm coached and and we'll be successful. That's been the case. And the times where I haven't, I've been too aggressive with things and stuff we've gotten in trouble, turn the ball over, and then obviously those games we've we've come down to to lose in some of them. So that's something that I have to obviously always have in my mind. But at the same time, when I see something and I'm confident about, I'm gonna let it rip. So I think that's sort of the fine line of it. But playing within the system and how I'm coached is always good enough here.
Speaker 1: So is there any concern you know about not playing a meaningful snap for you know, three weeks and you know if so how do you kind of, you know, try to stay as much in with them as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's something that I brought up to Kyle, and you know, then he brought us some really good points just in terms of, like, you know, the preseason, not getting a whole lot of reps and snaps, and then going into Pittsburgh and playing, you know, well enough to win, and saying with the bye week, coming back and having a good, good performance against Jacksonville. So I think I've done it, you know, this year in terms of having some rest and then coming in and playing. And so that's something that's feels good to go back and remind myself about. And not only that, like I'm going to be practicing against really good defense obviously our guys for the next couple of weeks too, So and it's not like I'm gonna be sitting on the couch for the next couple of weeks doing absolutely nothing. You know, We're gonna be out here still getting good reps against our defense, working on the little things I need to work on my footwork, my reads at practice, and you know, whoever we end up playing in our first round, we'll be ready for it.
Speaker 1: So you at least mildly lobby to play a little.
Speaker 2: It was a comp It was just part of our conversation, you know, just being real with all the situations and scenarios with this week and playing and stuff. So that's something that that we brought up and made the decision after that. So thanks guys,